Odyssey II Part 14

Printer-friendly version

Part 14

This Saturday also marked an important event on the Clan Wells Point calendar. As the work wound up on the main farmhouse, the new residents began moving in. The attic suite was finished first so Kylie and Larry moved into the suite while Kylie's mom, Eveyln Masters, moved into her second floor bedroom. Tony and his mom, Rachel, would move in the day before Thanksgiving.

*****

That evening Krista spoke to her parents about Freddy and Barney. Leroy knew that Jacob Grant had a long history of drinking issues dating back to his days in school. Leroy explained that Jacob and Freddy lived in a decrepit fifty year old mobile home on a rented lot. The trailer park was known as the local haven for white trailer trash. Pat was quite upset to learn that he had not even called to check up on his son. Barney and his mom lived in the same park in a slightly newer and better mobile home.

Leroy and Pat were not in the least surprised when Krista said she wanted to approach the Clan Wells Point to see if they would help the injured boys. Since the renters wanted to move, as soon as the place was vacant, maybe Pappy Scott could remodel the home at the intersection of Dougherty Land and Wells Point Lane to make it fully accessible and rent it to Cora Flint with the understanding she take in Freddy.

*****

Sunday morning after church Krista cornered all members of the Clan and soon had them all agreeing to do her latest scheme if Cora Flint agreed. When there was no answer at the Flint home when she called, Krista called the rehab and discovered she was with the boys. Of course, Krista wasn’t satisfied until she and Tony were riding into Requard Rehab with Robert, Sheila, and Jane to speak with Cora and the boys.

Together, Krista and Tony led the way to the room where she knocked on the door. Cora, Freddy, and Barney were surprised to see Tony, Krista and her grandparents. Krista took the lead and introduced her grandparents and herself to Cora. Barney quickly introduced his mother. Krista quickly recapped the conversation she and her friends had with Barney and Freddy.

“Of course I know Freddy has no support,” Cora nodded. “If I could I wouldn’t hesitate to take him in. But I’m not sure I can even handle seeing to Barney’s needs. I won’t abandon Freddy, but I don’t know how much I can do.”

“That’s why we’re here,” Robert smiled. “If you don’t know Krista, you have no idea how stubborn she gets when she has an idea on how to help someone. What it boils down to is we have a rental ranch home out on the Clan Wells Point land. The renter will be moving out before Thanksgiving. We’ll discuss with Dr. Olsen what specific needs you boys will need and we’ll remodel to accommodate your needs. It should only take us a few weeks so by the time you’re ready to be discharged, you’ll have a place to go.”

Freddy, Barney and Cora were gobsmacked.

“I appreciate your plans, but I could never afford to rent a place like that,” Cora demurred.

“Pay us what you pay now,” Sheila spoke up. “The boys will be eligible for aid and part of that is for housing. We’ll accept whatever the aid will pay.”

“But... you can’t...,” Cora stammered more than a bit overwhelmed.

“Of course we can,” Jane cut in. “Krista told the boys she’d work something out for them, and she has.”

“When you said you’d figure something out yesterday, I thought you were just a punk kid spouting off,” Freddy spoke up as tears rolled down his cheeks. “I never expected you’d be able to actually do something!”

“One thing you’ll learn is to never underestimate Krista,” Robert chuckled. “Once she gets something in her head, go with her or get run over.”

“You’ll also be needing a lawyer,” Sheila spoke up. “Kevin Stewart is a good man and handles all our dealings. I’m sure he’ll take you on as clients. We’ll cover the costs if he doesn’t do it gratis.”

“I don’t know what to say,” Cora declared. “I’ve never had anyone offer something like this.”

“Just say okay,” Krista piped up with a big grin. “Then we’ll welcome you into the Clan Wells Point.”

Tears of joy were flowing down Cora’s cheeks as she nodded her head. Krista promptly gave her a welcoming hug, then gave gentle hugs to each of the teary eyed boys. For both, it was the first hug they’d had from anyone besides Cora as far back as they could remember and it felt good! Krista promised help and she delivered. They had what they needed most...hope!

*****

The Campbells flew into Baltimore Sunday, November 18, and checked into a hotel. The next day they met the PI and headed to a local branch of the Bank of America where arrangements had been made to pick up the two and a half million dollars. Acting as their guide, intermediary and armed escort, the PI escorted them to the clandestine meeting. The FBI had already installed surveillance equipment and would record everything.

The Campbells maintained their formerly well practiced snobby superiority as they greeted the Gordon brothers. While the PI and the Campbells quickly perused the documents, the lawyer for the Gordons brothers counted the cash. The PI and the Gordon's lawyer were licensed notaries so after the reading and counting was completed, they all signed the bill of sale and title transfer documents and had them double notarized. At that point they exchanged the cash. As they rose to shake hands after completing the deal Steven Campbell dropped out of character once he had the hand of the eldest Gordon.

"It will be my pleasure to see you in jail," Steven spoke firmly with a genuine smile. "You see, my granddaughter was one of the patients your company LOST."

The smiles on the Gordon brother's faces disappeared as FBI agents swarmed in to arrest the them and their lawyer who was aiding and abetting criminals.

With the signed papers in hand, the Campbells checked out of their hotel and drove to Easton to register the sale and transfer the deeds. On the way they called Laura and asked if they could rent a room in The Clan Wells Point B&B for a week as they wanted to spend Thanksgiving with their grandchildren and also to look at property they'd just purchased.

After checking in at the B&B, the Campbells headed south to greet Heather, Frank and Sarah. When Holly and Ivy arrived home from school and saw the Campbells, they ran to them for hugs, then insisted they stay for supper. Jasmine was able to stand from her wheelchair to hug them when she arrived home. The Campbells were delighted Heather was able to walk a bit without assistance.

The first news they shared was of Gretchen, Benny Junior, and the soon to be born half-sibling. Jasmine and Heather were both quite upset to learn Benny had married a second woman but not with Gretchen. In fact, they looked forward to meeting the newest additions to their family.

At the Campbell's insistence, they watched the evening news as they ate. Everyone sat up and paid attention when the news reported that the FBI had set up a sting to lure the fugitive Gordon Brothers back to the USA. "Steven and Cynthia Campbell were looking for property on the Eastern Shore of Chesapeake Bay. One of their granddaughters is Jasmine Reese, the young miss who had been shoved into an unlicenced nursing home owned by Apple Tree Quality Healthcare Systems."

"Previously the Campbells had contacted a realtor to find a suitable high end property near their grandchildren. They also had a Private Investigator checking out any and all leads he could dig up on the Gordons. Last week they were contacted by the PI when he learned the Gordon brothers were trying to sell their summer vacation property for cash. Contacting the Gordon's lawyers, they negotiated a selling price. Realizing they had stumbled onto a sure way to nab the Gordons and get the property they wanted, they contacted the FBI and set up the sting. The Campbells put up two and a half million dollars in cash to make the purchase. As soon as the sale was completed, the FBI arrested the Gordon brothers and confiscated the cash. The Gordon Brothers are now in jail without bail as they are a flight risk. The sale was legal and had been completed so the Campbells now own the property near their grandchildren while aiding in nabbing the perpetrators of the Apple Tree Quality Healthcare System scandal."

The Spades and the Reeses were surprised and delighted that the greedy brothers were finally in custody and that the Campbells had played a key role.

Jasmine looked at the satisfied smiles on the Campbell's faces. Dragging herself out of her chair she went to them and hugged them saying "Thank you."

"Since the FBI let us complete the sale before they nabbed the Gordons," Cynthia said. "We now legally own the property and the money we paid for it will go to help satisfy the lawsuits against Apple Tree and the Gordons."

"I assume the property is near here," Heather declared.

"We'll go see it tomorrow while the kids are in school," Steven smiled.

That made the kids groan. The phone began to ring with others of the Clan Wells Point calling to make sure they knew the Gordons had been captured. Heather fielded the calls and thanked them adding the Campbells were with them and the property they bought was nearby.

*****

After breakfast and sending the kids off to school the next morning, Robert, Sheila and Jane joined the Spades and Heather as they climbed into the back of the Campbell's rented SUV to go see the property. Thirty three hundred feet past Robert and Sheila's new home, they turned north off Wells Point Lane onto Longs Cove Lane where they stopped.

"Here we are," Steven chuckled. “This is estate we just bought. Everything east of SR579 and west of Leadham Creek up to the tree line a hundred feet north of Apple Lane, an area of four hundred fifty acres. The house just off SR579 is vacant, there is a tenant farmer on the farm. The three other homes are vacant as they were the vacation homes of the Gordons. We'll move into the large home by Longs Cove. If you’ll accept us as members of The Clan Wells Point, we'd like to add all of this to The Clan Wells Point LLC."

“That sounds quite nice,” Jane spoke up. “I don’t think we’ll have any objections to having you join us.”

“We’ll call everyone tonight and once we have okay, I’ll contact Kevin Stewart to incorporate your holdings into the Clan Wells Point LLC.”

As a group they decided to check out each home. Jane smiled as they checked out the vacant home on Wells Point Lane. The inside had been pretty well trashed but the shell was solid.

"This would make and ideal spot for a store," Jane said as she surveyed the area. "It's only one hundred fifty feet in from SR579. We could convert the kitchen and back bedrooms into the bakery Lisa and I have been discussing. We could sell fresh bread, cakes, pies, and other baked goods as well as organic foods and dairy products from the farms. It has adequate electric, plumbing and ventilation. The walls and floor of the baking room would need to be tiled with drains in the floor. We already have an equipment list of ovens, refrigerators, freezers, mixers, blenders and shelving we'll need. Robert when the remodel is completed, we could have the bakery up and running two weeks after you’re done.”

As they toured the home they wanted for themselves, Cynthia explained all about Benny’s second family and that they were going to move Gretchen and Benny Junior as soon as they were settled in the new home.

The last home on Longs Cove Lane bordered on Leadham Creek northwest of Longs Cove. It consisted of a large house, large garage, two sheds, and a pier, eight feet wide and one hundred seventy five feet long turning at a right angle for twenty feet at the end. Heather promptly perked up when she saw it.

“This may sound crazy, but I think Krista is rubbing off on Jaz,” Heather began.

That got everyone’s attention.

“Jaz is really excited about helping those four boys who were hurt,” Heather began. “She’s so excited she said she’d like to do something to help other children or teens who need rehab. The Requard Center is good, but it’s geared for adults. Jaz said it’d go better for kids if they were treated separately from adult patients. The Clan could fix this place up and open it as some sort of half-way house for kids in rehab. Out in the country, away from the constant uninspired clinical surroundings I think this place would be a much better site for them. Imagine turning the garage into a gym where they can work out. They can move around the yard, go down to the shore, go out on the dock, and at the same time be away from gawkers.”

“I like the idea,” Cynthia smiled. “Jaz did mention those boys and how depressed they were. This place would be safe and inspiring.”

“I’m sure Dr. Olsen would leap at the chance to help set up a half way rehab house,” Sarah exclaimed getting caught up in the excitement.

“Well, I don’t see any serious challenges to remodel the house for those boys,” Robert smiled. “This site certainly would be more inspiring than the smaller place we were thinking of using.”

“I’ll call Dr. Olsen to see how soon she can come out to look the place over,” Sarah said.

"We should call Kevin Stewart too to see if he can join us," Heather added. "With everything he's been doing for us, perhaps we should offer him a chance to join the Clan Wells Point?"

"Leroy suggested the same thing," Sheila said. "I think we'll sound him out when he gets here."

“The way the Clan is growing, you’ll need a top notch CPA to keep the books straight.” Steven declared. “I just happen to know an experienced CPA who would be very interested in the position. He just retired from a plush corporate CFO position in California and will be moving into the area very soon.”

“Well, we have to discuss this with the other Clan members,” Robert replied with a smile. “But I think I can speak for them when it sounds like you’ll make a fine addition to the Clan Wells Point.”

*****

Dr. Olsen was able to come out late that afternoon with her family and Cora Flint. Kevin Stewart also was able to make it. They all met at the B&B. Jane, Laura, Betty, Lisa, Evelyn and Rachel prepared supper and with David, Ed, Bill Larry and Kylie rode herd on the younger kids. Dr. Olsen, Greg, Kevin, Cora, Leroy, Pat, Krista, Tony, Jaz, Jimmy, Heather, Frank, Sarah, Steven, Cynthia, Robert, and Sheila caravaned out to the proposed site. After a tour of the property and pier, they gathered in the house.

"I really like the location," Dr. Olsen said. "I think it would be very therapeutic. In fact, I'd wouldn't mind living here. But I think your idea for a half-way rehab house for youth is wonderful. Once their primary rehab is completed in a facility, coming to a place like this will be quite beneficial."

"You're really good working with kids like me," Jaz added. "Would you be willing to head the operation?"

Dr. Olsen raised her eyebrows, obviously surprised that someone Jasmine's age would ask such a question. But looking at the adults she saw they were awaiting her answer.

"I'd be delighted," Dr. Olsen recovered. "Forgive me, Jaz, I'm just not accustomed to having someone your age making a legitimate job offer. I'm still new to the Clan Wells Point so I forget everyone is involved in decisions."

"Barney and Freddy will be the first two here," Pat added. "Cora, I know you'll be here for them, but do you think you could handle being the house mother for other children as well?"

"You're offering me the position," Cora stated the question. "I'd really like the opportunity. I've been working as an aid in nursing homes for years but I don't have any formal training. Won't you need someone with a degree for the position?"

"I'm sure with your experience we could get you the certifications you'd need," Dr. Olsen stated. "You might have to take a few courses and pass some exams, but that can be done as part of the job. You'd be ideal for this. You can tell when someone is faking an issue for attention or really needs help. In fact, I think Barney and Freddy have the potential to become ideal therapists for a place like this once they progress through their therapy. Who would be better suited to get through to depressed kids than two tough guys who learned their lessons the hard way?"

Everyone nodded their head in agreement.

"So this is the way The Clan Wells Point operates," Kevin smiled. "Consensus agreement on doing things for the betterment of others. You keep this up and I'll be able to drop my other clients."

"I'm glad you said that," Robert chuckled. "We'd like to ask you to join the Clan Wells Point."

Kevin was clearly pleasantly surprised by the offer.

"Before you agree," Sheila spoke up. "It will entail doing work gratis. Freddy and Barney both need a lawyer to get what assistance they can."

"I've already been doing a lot of work gratis," Kevin smiled. "To be honest, I needed my fees from the settlement of the Reese case to pay off my bills. I’m two months behind on the rent of my office and my small apartment above it. My credit cards are just about maxed out too. The settlement will give me enough to pay off my debts and stay solvent for a while."

"That makes our offer even better," Jane smiled. "Your heart is already in the right place. We'll be able to help you do more to help those who need it."

"Well, it looks like you've gotten another Clansman," Kevin smiled. "Plus I play the bagpipes."

"Great," Steven exclaimed. "So do I! It'll be wonderful having a another piper!"

"I think this will work out well for us in another way," Sheila added. "The tenants approached us about getting out of their leases early and getting their deposits back. They're concerned that the changes we're making are going to increase traffic and disturb their peace and quiet. We can easily do that and update the houses. Kevin could move into the smaller house on Wells Point Lane and we were thinking perhaps the Ewells could move into the one down by the landing."

Dr Olsen was a bit put out as she had expected to get the home near the landing.

"Relax, Grace," Jane smiled at Dr. Olsen. "Sheila, Sarah, Heather, Cynthia and I quietly discussed this after you mentioned you'd like this place. There is another house just on the other side of those trees that's bigger than the one you were thinking about." Jane pointed to the northwest. "It has it's own dock, a garage, and a shed. There is already a track through the trees to the farm line. We can add a layer of stones to it and link it to the farm lane that goes out to that barn. That would make it convenient for you to get here and the kids to ride bike to each other without getting on the main road."

"We can head up there when we're done here," Cynthia smiled. "I think you'll love it. It was our second choice."

Grace smiled. "You've surprised me yet again. Thank you."

Grace was pleased with the replacement home and the fact it was ready to move in. They could be living there as soon as arrangements were made to vacate their apartment in Easton. Their sons would transfer to Tilgham Elementary with the other elementary age Clan Wells Point students.

The Clan had a simple meal when they returned to the B&B. Those who hadn't been on the exploratory mission listened to the plans. Everyone eagerly welcomed Kevin Stewart into the Clan Wells Point.

*****

When she returned to Requard the next day, Dr. Olsen and Cora sat down with Freddy and Barney to discuss their future. They were quite surprised to learn Krista's plans to remodel a house for them to live in had morphed into a full blown rehab half-way house for youths in similar circumstances. They were excited at the prospect of moving out to The Clan Wells Point Youth Rehab Hostel. They were even more surprised when they learned Dr. Olsen thought they had a future as physical therapists at the planned Rehab Hostel. But the best news was they would be getting a day pass to enjoy Thanksgiving with the Clan Wells Point.

*****

The pace of The Clan Wells Point didn’t slow down even for Thanksgiving. The farmhouse was to be the center of the Clan Wells Point and the first floor was large enough to accommodate everyone for meals and gatherings. Although the B&B was bigger, if guests were present it would be inconvenient. The house would be broken in by the planned Thanksgiving Feast.

The Clan Wells Point celebrated Thanksgiving together at the main farm house breaking in the newly renovated kitchen. They invited Jamie and Ruth Ewell to join them and were able to get day passes for Freddy and Barney so they and Cora joined the group.

Kevin Stewart, a forty eight year old life-long bachelor, realized he missed family style get-togethers and looked forward to enjoying them now that he was a member of the Clan Wells Point. Krista noticed he and Grams spent a lot of time together and soon was plotting with Jasmine to unite the unattached duo

Frank and Barney were quite helpless and had been apprehensive about coming to the Clan Thanksgiving. Much to their delight, everyone greeted them warmly and voiced excitement to have them move into the newly designated youth rehab hostel. They were surprised to see Jamie Ewell was there. They had heard about his father and that Krista had choked the big man out.

Once the initial welcomes were over, Kylie and Krista brought their classmate James over to Barney and Freddy. It was clear James was quite anxious and even scared.

"Freddy, Barney," Kylie greeted the pair. "It's been a long time.

"Ah... yeah," Freddy stammered recalling how he and Barney had hassled Kyle for several years. "Look, about how we used to tease you... we're sorry."

"Yeah," Barney hastily added. "We were just dumb rednecks back then. Now we're sorry rednecks who are trying not to be rednecks anymore."

"I'll accept your apologies," Kylie smiled and slowly turned in a circle to show of her budding curves. "So guys, what do you think of me now?"

Freddy sheepishly smiled. "Larry is a lucky guy?"

Kylie laughed. "Thank you. I'm also a lucky girl to have him."

"Krista explained a bit about transsexuals," Barney added. "We always thought they were some sort of freaks. We were wrong, very wrong."

"Yes you were," Kylie answered with a smile to let them know she wasn’t scolding. "But I must congratulate you."

Both looked puzzled.

"Your apology and admission you were wrong means you are now ex-rednecks," Kylie smiled.

The duo exchanged smiles and nodded as they realized she was right.

"Now comes a big test to see if you've truly shed your redneck past," Krista spoke up with a challenging smile. "Kylie and I are not the only transsexuals here. There is one other."

At first they looked hastily around to see who it might be. It took Freddy a moment to see the deep scarlet blush that had crept over James. "James?"

"HER name is Jamie," Krista answered. "She's just started transitioning but is still presenting as a boy at school. In fact, she's too embarrassed to begin presenting as a girl because she feels that physically she's just too manly. Rather than look like a guy in drag she's waiting. With a bit of surgery this summer to soften her face and the culminant effect of the testosterone blockers and female hormones by then, she should be able to return to school in the fall as her true self. We need you to keep her secret until she's ready to come out."

Jamie was looking at the floor and most likely would have bolted if Kylie had not hooked her elbow. Freddy and Barney were clearly gobsmacked.

"Okay...," Barney finally managed to say. "If you want us to keep her secret, why did you tell us?"

"Because you're now members of The Clan Wells Point," Krista replied. "We help and support each other. Just like we're doing with you as you learn to deal with your new bodies, we all need to help Jamie deal with hers. She's going to have a tough time passing as a girl, but that's who she is. Just like you guys have no choice but to deal with your bodies, neither does Jamie."

"I don't mean any offense, Jamie," Freddy replied after an awkward silence. "But this is all a bit much to take in all at once."

"We understand that," Kylie smiled. "The fact you didn't freak out proves you're making an effort to change. As Krista said, this was a big test of your resolve to leave the redneck life behind. You've passed."

"But we...," Barney began.

"You've spent your whole lives being rednecks," Krista spoke up. "You can't help the redneck thoughts that pop into your mind. The fact you didn't act on those thoughts is what's important. In time, the redneck thoughts will become less and less. While they'll never go away, they will be merely be a reminder of your past and that you've moved beyond the past. Now, say high to Jamie."

"Jamie... we'll keep your secret until you're ready to reveal it," Freddy smiled uncertainly. "And we'll support you then. Just be patient with us. If we make some smart ass comment, just shut us down."

"Yeah," Barney smiled as he offered his hand in friendship. "Just go easy on us. We only had our casts removed on Monday."

Jamie smiled and shook hands with Barney and then Freddy. The world was looking much brighter for the three classmates.

Cora was also ambushed by Dr. Olsen, Sheila, Jane and Kevin.

"I've called in some markers," Kevin smiled. "With the help of Amanda Frost, the State Assistant Attorney General who headed the Apple Tree investigation, we've been able to clear through the red tape with the State Medical Examiners Board."

"The staff at Johns Hopkins is impressed by our plans to create a Youth Rehab Hostel," Dr. Olsen added. "They’re glad someone is helping Freddy and Barney. We've spoken to the staff of their nursing and therapy schools and they are willing to give you a one-up chance to show them what you know. If they feel you are qualified by your skills demonstration and accompanied oral questioning, they'll credit you as completing those classes. They’ll test you next Friday. That will give you all week to bone up on terminology and regulations with the staff at Requard."

"Together they've agreed to wave the normal classes and tests for certified nursing assistant and certified physical therapy assistant," Kevin stated.

Needless to say Cora was delighted

For the most part the women spent the morning cooking and gossiping, the men spent it talking sports and fishing while the kids watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade. About one everything was ready and they all sat down to enjoy their first repast.

Everything was homemade from scratch. The turkey was melt in your mouth moist. The potato filling, creamed corn, candied yams, bread, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie were a delight to all. They gorged themselves and gossiped.

During the meal Heather asked for a brief Clan meeting with the adults, Krista and Jasmine sometime during the afternoon. After a brief discussion they decided to hold the meeting as they finished the meal.

"I'll make this brief," Heather began with a smile. "Now that the settlement has been deposited in our accounts, I'd to let everyone know if the Clan needs cash at some point, I can help. Because of the terms of the settlement agreement, I can't disclose the amounts, but Jasmine, Holly, and Ivy now have substantial trust funds so they will never have to worry about the costs of schooling. In addition, I took part of my share of the settlement and had Kevin set up a trust fund for Krista that is equal to those of Holly and Ivy."

Nearly everyone was stunned by her generosity.

"Thank you, Heather," Krista demurred. "But I can't accept that. I..."

"Krista, the fund is already established and cannot be revoked," Kevin cut in. "Heather was quite specific in her instructions in setting the fund up for you as she knew you’d refuse it. Even if you don't use it, it will become your's at age twenty five. At that point you can give it away, but it is yours."

"Krista, after all you did in getting my family back together as well as all you've done since then, this is something I wanted do," Heather declared as she fought back tears of gratitude. "I have no doubts you'll continue to help others. If getting a good education will help you do that better, I've just set up that option. You'll be able to go to any school and study anything you like. Through you, you'll be letting me help you help others. As Kevin said, the trust fund is now yours. Now, not another word about this."

"Thank you," Krista smiled. "I won't let you down."

"I know that, Krista," Heather smiled.

After a round of congratulations, everyone went about their own agendas for enjoying the afternoon. With the main meal completed, things were kept warm and everyone was encouraged to help themselves to whatever they liked as the day progressed. The football games were on, board games were out, and rocking chairs available for friendly conversation. The day was one of relaxation and companionship. No one went home hungry and most carried leftovers.

*****

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Everything is wonderful-for now!

What's next? Will we see more of this story? I hope so! Will there be more trouble ahead? Oh, I'm sure of it, just as I'm sure the clan will weather it well. Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing Freddy and Barney being major characters in the next part of this story-Just a thought! Freddy's dad is still out there, and may be resentful of the opportunities that Freddy is being offered. Mother Nature may have some effect on the clan and the security of the buildings and property. Lastly, the rapid growth itself may affect things. Maybe Leroy might be looking at being a full sherriff in the future?

Wren

Krista - Force of Nature?

NO! It is possible to construct something to withstand the forces of nature. I sincerely doubt any structure ever made could withstand Krista when she sets her mind to something. Better remind us when she'll turn 35 so we can draft her for President of the U.S. I figure by then the entire Eastern Seaboard will be part of Clan Wells Point anyway. I even have the perfect campaign slogan for her: "I am Krista, Resistance is Futile".

Karen J.


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

We are the Borg, Um Clan Wells Point, resistance is futile

I though along similar lines, Karen, but you beat me to it.

Though maybe they are Cybermen or Daleks?

Whatever, Krista is all but unstoppable.

No, no, I have it ... "Luke, I am your mother."

John in Wauwatosa

P.S. Just so long as she stays the kind soul she is and doesn't endup alone, her dying words "Rosebud."

John in Wauwatosa

Odyssey II Part 14

Yes, Krista's first Odyssey was one of travel and self-discovery as she led herself and her sisters to meet their grandmother. But now that Krista has been born through her Odyssey, he now continues her Odyssey as she constantly follows through upon the Christian Belief in "Paying Any Debt By Paying It Forward". This has led to a Blessing known as the Clan Wells Point that is like a hurricane as it demolished that which caused pain and turmoil and Healing takes place.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine