The Center: Tester - Part 6

Printer-friendly version

The Center: Tester - Part 6

By Blackout

Editor: Zip

Thank Zip for the editing!

Test_pic.png

Here is The Center: Tester - Part 6. So not much happens this chapter except introduction to some new characters. I decided to test out a new photo. Please tell me if you like this new photo. Enjoy!
--------------------------------------------------------------------

Claire and I headed to dinner, we were not in the best mood but we still needed to eat. I entered the cafeteria and unlike before it was packed with people. We got some dinner; the Center food is the best. Then Claire led the way to the right corner where there was a table with a few people already sitting that I had no idea at all of whom they were. Needless to say I was a new here and it frightened me a little.

Claire sat down next to this bot with bright golden hair; yes his hair was actually golden color. He had emerald eyes and seemed strong but swim, it looked like he had the body of a runner. Unfortunately there was no room next to Claire since she sat at the end of the table. I wondered why she did that as there were many other seats so we could sit next to each other. So I had to go sit on the other side. I sat down next to this girl with dark gray hair which surprisingly enough made he look more beautiful. The hair helped to bring attention more to her eyes which were rich shade of violet. She was of medium height but her bright smile and red lips could make the whole room shine combined with her violet eyes that seemed to hypnotize you, I caught myself staring at her eyes for a whole minute before I was finally able to pull them away. On the other side of the golden haired pretty boy was another boy who looked like a marine. He was packed with muscles bulging all over his body. He had dark black hair and eyes. His eyes seemed to demand respect and he was wearing a very serious expression on his face.

“Hey you must be the new girl Rachael; I would like to officially welcome you to The Center. I’m Brooklyn Miller formerly Barry, you can just call me Brook though” said the violet eyed girl.
“That’s cool! I’m Rachael formerly Ryan. I am a power mimic, which means I can copy other people’s powers.”

“Really that’s so cool; I wish I had a power that was cool like that. All I have is this natural charisma power that seems to attract people’s attention and makes it easy for me to manipulate people if I really wanted to, it also makes me extremely likeable. Yet if people wanted to they could ignore it. My power was said to be a very light off shoot of a dominator power. I have no control over this power and it’s automatic and weak but it can manipulate people and force them to see things my way if I used it correctly. You can basically call my power a politicians dream. Apparently my power is weak though because my mom must have only taken a sip of the effected water. Either way here I am.”

This girl was a chatter box but she was certainly charismatic and I almost got caught again in a daze from her eyes. Although I was more resistant than most apparently as I noticed the marine like boy kept looking at he unable to take his eyes off. Apparently I was resistant to dominators like that white haired girl, but what was cool about her power was while it was not powerful it was subtle and overtime could win a lot of people to willingly help her. That in my opinion was a whole lot better than complete domination ethically and morally. I would trade an army full of controlled emergent any day for a small group of true and loyal friends.

“Well it’s nice to meet you Brook” I told her.

“Rachael let me introduce you to everyone else” Claire said. “Next to me is Leon Royal” she blushed. “Leon is a photokinetic, he can bend light back in forth though in such a way that light takes shape, it makes him quite special for a photokinetic, he can’t do it long though as it requires a ton of energy.”

“Nice to meet you Leon” I smiled.

“It’s nice to meet you too.”

“Next to Leon is Tony Hunt he’s an audiokinetic which means he can create and manipulate sound waves. “

“Hey Tony nice to meet you, do you mind if I ask how you got such big muscles? You must be around my age but your muscles are huge.”

“Hahaha! Thanks, it’s nice to me you also Rachael. As for my muscles, with my power I can manipulate sound waves so I manipulated sound within my muscles causing them to vibrate back and forth in such a way that I caused millions of microscopic tears allowing me to make my muscles stronger a lot faster than normal.”

“Hahaha! That’s so cool and creative. I am glad it’s not some sort of drug, your muscles really do look abnormally big.”

We all got a good laugh at that one. They all seemed like generally nice people and I was glad that I would have some friends here to help me through this. What was a little surprising was the way Claire reacted around Leon it was clear she liked him, though I saw her fighting it also she kept blushing when he spoke to her, but she kept trying to pull back. Geez you only just became a girl and yet your body forces you to start liking guys. Not me I thought. I would fight this till the very end.

All of a sudden I felt two slender and firm girls arms wrap around me and felt two large mounds of flesh that could only have been boobs poke into my back. I turned around and saw a beautiful blonde with big silvery eyes, big kissable lips, a tiny waist, and a big firm but. Her boobs were about the same size as mine and were pressed into my back, her blonde hair was long and luscious and went down to her waist, I would say she was about five feet six inches and she could definitely get any straight guy she wanted.

“Hey beautiful, I’m Laura Locks it’s so good to have another girl here.”

She then want and kissed my cheek. The worst part about it was that I should have felt something but I did not. I was not attracted to her at all. Shit! I thought. How could I no longer be affected by girls!

“Umm can you get off me, I’m Rachael by the way.”

“Ahh you must not be a lesbian” she sighed, letting go of me.

“I kind of wish I was its weird that I am no longer attracted to girls” I told her.

“Yeah it makes sense with the gender switch, yet a whole lot of emergent still do like their new sex and some like both, it can be really confusing here. That’s why at the Center we are so accepting here no matter who you are or what your sexual orientation is” Laura said.

“I am just going to guess that you still like girls? I asked.

“Yeah I do still like girls a whole lot. Back when I was a guy I was a major player I hit on so many girls and dated a different girl almost every week. When my emergent happened I was so afraid I was going to start liking boys, turns out I didn’t I still like girls, but even more so then when I was a guy. I went from being a major player to being still being a major player but also a major lesbian. Surprisingly I really enjoy who I am now. Being a lesbian is the experience of a lifetime and this school is crawling with guys turned girls who still like girls. It’s a paradise.”

To tell you the truth I was a little afraid of Laura but she seemed like a decent person even though I may have to watch out for more sneak attacks from behind by her.

“It’s nice to meet you Laura” I told her.

“Laura here takes being a Lesbian to the next level she hit on all the girls here, but she also one of the nicest and sweetest girls you will meet, she won’t ever hesitate to help a friend” said Brook.

“Ahh that’s so sweet of you Brooky.”

“Not interested Laura. Also be careful Laura’s power is empathy. She is able to feel and project emotions and feelings. Which she uses in order seduce other girls.”

“Hey! I only did that once” Laura giggled.

“I know I’m just messing with you” Brook smiled.

“So Rachael, what’s your power?” Laura asked.

“I am a power mimic; I can copy and use other people’s powers for a limited amount of time.”

“That’s so cool. Hey did you all here they are making a big announcement at dinner tonight, something to do about vandalism. Apparently someone vandalized a room writing hurtful things” Laura told us all. I looked over at Claire.

“Laura that was Rachael and my room that got vandalized we think it was Jasmine because Rachael accidently bumped into her in the hall and on Rachael’s bed was burned the word FREAK!” Claire Said.

“AWW I am so sorry that happened to you on your first day here. Uhg! That Jasmine even I don’t hit on her. But you can’t be too harsh on her, apparently Jasmine came from an abusive home where her step mom and dad beat and bruised her. It’s no excuse but she has had a very hard life” Laura informed.

Oh yeah that her group over there. She pointed to a table where Jasmine sat surround by a bunch of pretty girls and handsome guys that gave off the typical upper clique feeling of cockiness and superiority.

All of a sudden the room went silent and I saw Kris go up to the front of the cafeteria. She was dressed in her business woman outfit.

“Hello, just recently there was vandalism and bullying done to a member of our community. I want to remind you all that we all have gone through a difficult change and such acts of hatred will not be tolerated her at The Center. Let this be a warning to all if we find out who do this that person will be punished harshly and other such acts that occur will cause the Center to take extreme measures to stop this bullying and vandalism. I do not tolerate this and I hope you don’t either.”

The cafeteria burst into claps everyone seemed to agree and people were saying stuff like “who would do such a thing?” Or “we can’t allow this to happen at the Center.” But not everyone agreed there was one table that sat silently and a few of them snickered. It was Jasmine’s table!

I was really happy to be in a place where the majority of the community was accepting and supportive, besides being a girl the Center was not so bad. Still I did not like the idea of being a girl at all, but it was more for Mattie’s sake. I still missed her so badly.

After dinner Claire and I went back to our room. The Center did fast work the room was already fixed up. We messed around a lot, and talked about our old lives. Claire missed her family the most and I agreed with her on that although I told her I also missed Mattie. We it got pretty late we decided we better go to bed so we went to the bathroom brushed our teeth and did all the other night rituals before going to sleep. I fell asleep almost as soon as my head hit the pillow I must have been exhausted from a long day.
------------------------------------------------------------
I woke up in an unfamiliar room and I felt really strange thinking why am I hear and why is there a girl sleeping in that bed over there near me. It took me a second to realize and remember all that had happened yesterday.

Damn I thought. Why couldn’t it have been a dream? Though I was glad that Claire was not a dream, she was already my closest friend here. Claire was still sleeping. I looked at the clock in the room and realized we only had thirty minutes to prepare. I did not want to be late to my first day of classes.

“Hey Claire! WAKE UP! We are going to be late for class!”

“Hmm.” She said looking at the clock!”

“Oh shit we’ve over slept Rachael. How will we make up the time? It takes a lot longer for girls to get ready.”

“I doubt it will take that long” I told her.

“To get ready properly it would, we don’t even have time to do our hair, were going to be a mess.”

We raced into the showers that were filled with the few over sleepers like us. Geez if I had more time I would have stayed in the water much longer. It just felt so good on my body I did not want to stop, but I did. I need to wake up a whole lot earlier for now on.

We then raced over to class making it at the last second. They heaven Claire and I had the same advisory or I never would have made it on time. The homeroom teacher acted as our Advisor his name was Mr. Fillden. Lucky for me Mr. Fillden was one of the new teachers hired with the incoming students and he was really nice. He taught English and we had his class first. I never cared for English that much but he taught us a whole lot and was very passionate about English making it exciting.
After English I had to unfortunately part ways with Claire. I was only able to find the classroom on time do to the custom Center phone I got. My next class was physics with Mr. Hirkwood. I always found physics interesting like how it explains the world through mathematics and equations. But why did it have to be so hard by the end of Mr. Hirkwood’s class my head was pounding. Most physics teachers were smart but hard to learn from just because physics was hard. Mr. Hirkwood was no exception.

I was extremely happy it was lunch time now. I was famished as I had missed breakfast so as not to be late to my first day of class at the Center. I really hated the uniform also, it was a typical school girl uniform, but I felt so embarrassed wearing that short skirt. I had to modify my walking just so boys did not catch a glance of my blue panties. I now understood what it’s like to be a girl in society. All those stares from male eyes, it was liked being stripped visually. I could not believe that some of those guys used to be girls, there was just no way, but of course I knew it was fact.

Lunch was fun and I was happy to be able to spend time with my new friends. I got a new impression of Laura when she brought me a petition she started to make sure no acts of hatred would happen here at the Center again. The pages were practically filled with signatures, and people were so supportive of the cause. It was a huge difference from my old school. There you walked a fine line and if you messed up it meant social death. Laura was really sweet to take this up upon herself I told her it was ok but she just said it’s not just for you but for everyone. Laura may have been eccentric but she was a born activist and born leader.

I was glad Claire and I could see each other again. I missed my best friend, though I should probably not be around her to much she obviously wanted to speak to Leon more right then. So Brook and I got to know each other better we found out we both used to play soccer and still enjoyed it. We also decided that maybe if we could get enough people we could start a soccer tournament here. One of the few things the Center lacked was organized sport. We had all the facilities but they were used more for recreational fun. It would be cool if we could actually get sports teams going and play against each other. We obviously could not play against normal people.

After lunch I had power testing. Because of my ability they put me with the kinetics for today. Leon and Tony would take me there. The head of Abilities Training was Mr. Lions but with the increase in students they had to hire some more people. One of the new people hired was a guy named Jeff Trait worked with the Kinetics teaching them the basic around using a kinetic power. It was decided that because of my power I would get a little instruction on a wide variety of different powers here at the Center. The kinetics as I called them just happened to be first.

I got their psyched at the chance to finally use my power. The glove I wore had become a part of me, but finally I would have a chance to put my power to use. That was until I saw who else was there. It was Jasmine and she gave me a wicked smile. She was grinning at me. I had no idea why her plan had failed the whole school was supportive of me her attacks to hurt me were not. She may be a mean girl but I was immune to her petty tactics to hurt me. I just turned by head away ignoring her. But then she continued to approach me. Oh geez, I really did not want to get into anything.

“Hey FREAK guess what you got partnered with me, let’s make this enjoyable” Jasmine said with an evil grin on her face.

Only one word came to my mind. The word DOOM!!!

up
153 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Your Opinion is wanted

Do you like the new picture? realistic or cartoon?

What do you think of this chapter?

p.s.
This will be edited soon.

pose

she is not rally making a pose and picture could have been taken a long time later. did change other picture.

Open noose, insert neck

According to the rules laid down at lunch Jasmine has just earned some disciplinary action, and I suspect Kris won't mind at all dishing it out.

. . . .

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Dinner

It was dinner :). First line says it was dinner, the rules were stated at dinner. The center is very serious about incidents like that. She had lunch the next day though :). Probably just mixed them up.

The Center: Tester - Part 6

Me, I like the picture. And as for Jasmine, she just outed herself, BIG TIME!

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Oh no!!!!

Renee_Heart2's picture

First off Let me say I love the new pic she is georgous!!!

I'm glad that Rachel has some new friends & All the Center is behind her & Clare with the attack.

But of al the people to get pair up with it had to b e Jasmine OF ALL the people in the world to get paired up with.

Look foward to the next chapter
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Good ongoing story. Your

Good ongoing story.

Your editor needs to slow down when proofing the story and so do you.

"Claire sat down next to this ??bot??..boy.. with bright golden hair; yes his hair was actually golden color. He had emerald eyes and seemed strong but ??swim??..slim.., it looked like he had the body of a runner."

Probably just typing errors but spell check will not find this type of error; wrong word not misspelled.

Thanks

D

I think the girl "Rachel ?"

I think the girl "Rachel ?" is hot though you will need to alter you initial description of Rachel to one with blue
eyes or hazel ?? Enjoying this story!

alissa

Was going too smoothly

Jamie Lee's picture

Getting used to the Center, meeting many of the other kids, getting used to her classes were going too smoothly. There has to be a fly in the jello at some point.

Does Jasmine fully understand what Rachel is able to do? Does she know that Rachel can drain her dry to the point of hurting her? Then turn around and use the power on her? A dog can only be messed with so lone before it bites back. Maybe this is the time Rachel will bite her tormentor. Maybe Jasmine will be taken down a peg or two. Maybe Rachel will show Jasmine something she's needed for years, kindness and love.

Others have feelings too.

Little slow...

Aine Sabine's picture

But it was okay. Could have been combined with other chapters.

Wil

Aine