The Prom Statement Chapter 6

Printer-friendly version

THE PROM STATEMENT: Chapter 6
By
Nina Adams

BabetteFace1.jpg

In the heat of debate, Clarence makes a Prom
Statement that would change his life forever.

Part 6 of 7:

-------------My Day at David’s Bridal Boutique----------------

Saturday brought my first visit to David’s Bridal Boutique. My Aunt was co-manager and leading bridal consultant. She knew every style for brides and their bridesmaids. She had a reputation for knowing which styles would look good on virtually all figures. Rachel also had a good instinct for this, but was less knowledgeable about all the available alternatives.

I wore a bright white long sleeve satin top, which had a one-button clamp at the back of the neck. It was matched with a dark gray pencil skirt, sheer black nylons, and my strappy heels. I accessorized with petal earrings, and a delicate silver necklace. I wore Max’s ring on the middle finger of my left hand. It was still too big, but that finger was the only one that was even close to keeping it secure.

My look was both professional and very feminine. I knew I would be trying on dresses at the boutique, but I also wanted to look like I worked there, during the times I would be assisting Aunt Sharon and Rachel. My Aunt seemed pleased with my choice of clothes and said I look like a consultant in the making.

I was introduced to some of the other top consultants when we arrived. I think it was a bit of a game for them, but everyone made a guess as to my dress size and style preferences. They all seemed interested in seeing me model some of the dresses, including wedding gowns. Everyone was so friendly and I could tell they really respected my aunt.

I had never been inside of a wedding boutique before, and was surprised to see so many gowns on an almost endless quantity of clothing racks. A majority of the dresses were white, but there were many racks of colorful gowns and bridesmaid’s dresses. Aunt Sharon said that I would do my dress shopping near the end of the day after I had a chance to see customers modeling some of the alternatives. My job was to hang by her side and lend a hand or two when called on. It did not sound that difficult, but I managed to stay very busy while soaking in the experience.

As the day wore on I was getting anxious to see myself inside some of the dresses. I needed a dress suitable for the Prom, but I kept visualizing myself in some of the wedding dresses. In my mind wearing a gorgeous white wedding dress was the ultimate expression of being a woman. My Aunt caught me a couple of times staring longingly at some of the dresses. She even said after my second loss of concentration, that later I could model a couple of the wedding gowns if I still wanted to. I just smiled back at her.

Towards the end of the day the customer flow at the boutique began to slow down. There were still three groups trying on dresses, but my aunt finally had some time to talk with me and have me try on some dresses. She asked me how I visualize myself on the big day and if I had seen anything I particularly liked.

“Aunty, are you talking about the Prom or when I get married?”

She couldn’t stop herself from releasing a delightful little laugh. “I see you are already thinking ahead, and I think all girls should, but for now, I was asking about the Prom.”

“Sorry Aunt Sharon. I saw so many beautiful dresses that it was too hard to pick out just one.”

“Were there any styles that you especially liked?”

“This may sound silly, but I’ve never been able to get the image of Rachel on her Prom night out of my mind. I think it was the first time I remember wondering what it would be like to be so beautiful.”

“That’s a very good observation and a great place to start. Her dress was part of the Levkoff line. Those dresses were designed for bridesmaids, but they also work well for a Prom. I have always loved their simplicity and ability to bring out the sheer beauty in a woman. They are very sexy, but with classic style details. Rachel was also drawn to their dresses and had a hard time choosing from them. I bet we can find one of those dresses that will work well for you.”

“That sounds scrumptious, I’m in your hands.”

Over the next 45 minutes, I tried on seven dresses that my Aunt had picked out for me. Slipping into the dresses felt like heaven. Each one was more beautiful than the last and I felt like a princess each time I got to parade around in one. It was not just how they looked on me, but they also caressed my body and stimulated me. When I looked at myself in the mirror I knew I looked fabulous, but I wanted to pick the dress that flattered me the most. Everything had gone much further than just wearing a dress to the Prom; I now wanted to look as beautiful as any girl in attendance. With my Aunt and my family’s help, my dream may not be that far-fetched.

I narrowed down my choices to one of the long style dresses and one of the shorter models. I would’ve been happy in almost any of them, but I think the two, were my favorites. My Aunt said she would hold those two on the side, so that I could later do a fitting with my mother present. I was happy that I would get to put them on again sometime soon.

Promdress1x.jpg

This was the long styled dress that I liked.

I thought we were done, when she said there was one more dress she wanted to see on me. She led me back to the changing room, which had a white wedding gown hanging on the rack. “Claire this one is just for you. I saw how you had been looking at this dress earlier, and I thought it would be fun to see how it might look on you. Frankly, I think it will look much better on you, than the bride who tried it on earlier.”

I was too excited to question her about trying on a wedding dress and quickly began to take off the bridesmaid dress that I was wearing. I needed help putting on the flowing gown and Rachel had to clip it up a bit in the back. It wasn’t enough that I was wearing this dress, but Rachel also put a small veil on my head. My sensations were in overdrive. I could almost sense what a real bride might be feeling on her wedding day. I took small steps and made my way out to the show room.

I was able to see myself from multiple angles in the full-length mirrors and preened for myself in a near state of ecstasy. It was all for fun, but for that moment, I wished it had been for real. Rachel took a couple of photographs, so she could show my mother later. She also thought I might like to have a copy for myself. I had a hard time denying my total and utter approval.

Bride1.jpg

Relaxing in the Wedding dress my Aunt had me model for fun.

I was walking around the room transfixed on my image when I heard Rachel speaking with a familiar voice. Hearing that voice I came back to earth and turned to look at Rachel. She was speaking with my homeroom teacher, that Rachel also had as one of her teachers the previous year. Ms. Anderson was getting married in July and was in for an early fitting. I heard Rachel say that she worked at the boutique with her mother as preparation for going off to design school in the fall. Ms. Anderson, looked in my direction and without immediately recognizing me, commented how beautiful a bride I was.

“Thank you Ms. Anderson.” No sooner than those words came from my lips that my body went into panic mode. Why had I called her by her name?

“Your welcome. Do I know you? Were you one of my students?”

She walked over to me and gave me a much closer look. She still could not figure out who I was. “I am really sorry, but I cannot remember your name. You look very familiar and you don’t look like you have been out of high school very long. Please what is your name?”

I was at a loss for words and unable to speak. Rachel attempted to come to my rescue. “Oh this is my cousin Claire. She is not really getting married, but she just came in to look at Prom dresses and I talked her into trying on a wedding gown.”

“Don’t I also have one of your cousins in my homeroom class? That still does not explain how Claire knew my name.”

I could see the light go on inside of her head. She started to look at me a little more closely. Her expression went from curious to a slightly perplexed. “Clarence is that you?”

The next thing I knew, I was laying on one of the lounge sofas, with my feet elevated. Sitting across from me, was my Aunt, Rachel, and Ms. Anderson.

“Claire, you fainted. You are lucky that Rachel was able to catch you before you hit your head. One second, you were attempting to speak with Ms. Anderson and a moment later you were passed out on the floor.”

Ms. Anderson’s expression was now much more reassuring. “Your family has filled in some of the details and explained to me your intention of going to the Prom. I just can’t get over how pretty you look right now. Having seen your little fainting episode, I assume this cannot be that easy for you. I must say, you certainly make a very attractive young lady.

You know Claire, that sooner or later, I will not be the only one at the school that knows your secret. You should know that you are not the first boy at the school that has had gender issues and you might want to come in for some counseling. When you show up at the Prom, everyone will know, if they haven’t found out already by then.”

“I’m only dressing outside of school, so hopefully it won’t be an issue. I would appreciate if we can keep this between us.”

“I am sure we can do that for now, but I want you to come in periodically to see me, to make certain that everything is okay for you at school. If I sense a big problem, I may have to insist, that we bring in a professional guidance counselor.”

“Fair enough. Can you help me get up?”

“Sure Claire. I still can’t get over how stunning you look. You put the rest of us brides to shame.”

I was beginning to get color back in my face and her comments probably added a little blush to my cheeks as well.

The day had been absolutely amazing. The experience would have been fabulous for any girl, but for me it opened my eyes to a new higher level of femininity. Those who entered the boutique were all looking to make themselves as beautiful and sexy as they possibly could. For me to have that opportunity was an out of body experience and pretty much beyond belief. In only a blip in time, I had gone from an invisible boy to a want-to-be girl in a wedding dress. The truth was stranger than any possible fiction, and I was living it.

The three of us met up with my mother for an early dinner at Koi Japanese restaurant in Evanston. I told her all about my day, the dresses I tried on, and the whole scene of running into Ms. Anderson. She could tell that I had enjoyed my day and was not overly upset about running into someone I knew. She was concerned about me fainting, but thought that the medication may have contributed to my low blood pressure. I showed her the wedding dress picture on the digital camera screen, and I could tell that seeing me in a wedding dress was very emotional for her.

While we were eating dinner I became aware that some guys in the restaurant were scoping Rachel and me out. The first time that this happened to me, I was very uncomfortable. This time it felt more flattering and on a couple of occasions, I returned the gaze. Until this whole thing began, I don’t think I ever had an interest in men, but now it somehow felt strangely normal.

It had been a wonderful day and by the time we got home the adrenaline in my system was beginning to wear off. I was a little tired and I watched some TV in front of the fireplace. After channel surfing for a little while, I came upon a show called ”Say Yes To The dress”. It was all about brides looking for the perfect wedding dress. The show almost perfectly mirrored what I had seen on my first day at the boutique. It was nice to just kick back and watch it from a distance. I looked ahead on the television channel guide to see you when the additional episodes of the show might be on, and set the box to record them. I wanted to learn as much as I could so that I could be more helpful down the road.

Sunday was devoted to a lot of schoolwork and a few things around the house. On Wednesday we were having the big chorus concert and I had to get ahead on my homework, so that I would not be under pressure. Early in the afternoon, mom asked to see me in my room.

“What do you need mom?”

“I think we should make some more room in your closet.”

“It has gotten a little crowded in there with two sets of clothes. I could move some of my new things into the guest bedroom, if you think that would help.”

“I was actually thinking that we ought to give to Goodwill more of the clothing that you don’t really need any more. You have been wearing your new wardrobe almost exclusively, and I think it’s time, that we get rid of some of the things that you don’t need anymore. It will also help you with any of the remaining tug-of-war that might be going on in your head. We can keep a couple of things, but for the most part, I think the rest should go.”

“Can’t we just put those things into the guest bedroom. What if I want those back after the Prom. I really like the new me, but getting rid of those things seems so drastic.”

“Claire, by the time school is out, I really don’t see you ever going back to being Clarence. You are becoming completely feminine and you need to face that. There is enough androgynous apparel to get you through the rest of the year, until you can more fully express yourself. When the weather gets warmer, we will get you some appropriate summer clothes as well. It won’t be long before you feel wearing those old clothes is uncomfortable.”

“What if I change my mind about all of this? It could happen.”

“I really doubt that, and if it does, we will deal with it then.”

When we were finished there was almost nothing left of my former wardrobe, only a couple of T-shirts and one pair of jeans. While we were weaning my clothes, she told me that she would be redecorating my room over the next few days. She had a painter coming and had ordered me some new furniture. My room was getting a makeover just like I had received.

Come Monday, I had to go back to being Clarence. The weekend had been so much fun and now going back to my former self would be much harder. I had to dress down so that I would not look so feminine and I had to remember to tone down my recently developed mannerisms.

I pushed the envelope a little in selecting my clothes. I wore my boot cut designer jeans, and a black cowl neck sweater. It had very long sleeves that extended a little longer than typical sweaters. The sweater did not scream girl, but not many guys would be comfortable in that style. I wore my patent leather blue clogs, which were barely noticeable under the boot cut slacks. I really wanted to wear max’s ring, but I did not want to get him into trouble. I also wore my ponytail up just a little bit higher than usual and a little bit tighter. I certainly had achieved an androgynous look, and could probably be mistaken for a girl. It was acceptable attire, but just barely.

Underneath my clothing, I was wearing my thong again, but this time I added the waist cincher to give me a more defined waist. My fashion statement did not go completely unnoticed. A few of my friends asked me what was up. Nobody was real mean, but I did get some strange looks from good friends. It was pretty much what I expected and I was almost surprised that I did not get even more negative comments or looks. The only problem I had was that my breasts were very itchy underneath the sweater. I had been wearing a bra for the past few days and this was the first time that my chest was exposed to a shirt or sweater. By the end of the day, they felt pretty irritated.

I related my day to my mother over dinner including the discomfort I was experiencing around my nipples. I really did not notice any difference in them, but she thought the increased sensitivity, may be related to the hormones I was taking. She suggested that I wear a seamless bra under my clothing while at school. At a minimum, she suggested I wear a camisole that could provided some support. I was a little nervous about her suggestion, but at this point, nothing seemed out of the question. After dinner, we made a quick trip to Macy’s and bought me a couple of new bras and some additional camisoles. These bras were to be worn without my inserts. They were basically training bras, since I had very little to go inside of them at this point. They were barely noticeable underneath my top, so I thought I might be able to get away with them. I kind of liked the idea of wearing them, even when I was in boy mode.

Back at home, I finished up my homework and spent nearly 30 min. on the phone with Max. I did not completely fill him in on the extent of my changes and pending transition. I did let him know, that I was really enjoying being Claire, and would be spending as much time as possible exploring that part of me. He was very excited for me and not in the least surprised. We talked about the concert on Wednesday and he said, “It’s too bad you can’t wear a skirt and sing your part as Claire. Your part would be perfect for either a boy or girl to sing. You would be a real showstopper, if you could somehow do it as Claire.”

“I wish I could. Unfortunately, we both know that is not possible. At home, I have enjoyed singing my part even more, when I am dressed in something sexy. It would be fun, but Clarence will just have to fill in for me.”

“Too bad, I prefer to have Claire around.”

Tuesday and Wednesday at school were pretty much nonevents. I wore my new bra, which securely protected my sensitive nipples from the rubbing of my clothes. Just knowing that I was wearing a bra under my clothing, made me feel much more girlish even when I was trying to pass for a boy. The concert Wednesday was scheduled for 7 PM. I had to get there at six, along with all the other students who would be performing. Everyone wore a white top and either black slacks, or a black skirt. As much as I wanted to wear a skirt, I dressed in my slacks. I was dressed pretty much like all of the other guys, with the exception of my bra underneath my white polo shirt. The shirt was fairly thin, and it was the first time that I was a little bit nervous that somebody might see the outline of my lingerie.

I had my hair secured with a black rubber band and I wore some clear lipstick to keep my lips from getting too dry. The lipstick added just a hint of gloss, but no color. My chorus friends, all wished me luck and were particularly friendly before the first curtain went up. My big solo was the third song and would come about 20 minutes into the concert. When my time would arrive, the song would begin with only me being visible to the audience. The stage would be dark and a spotlight would shine down upon me. I would sing for about a minute and a half, before the lights would go on and everyone else in the chorus would join in. My solo was the longest one of the concert.

The first two songs went perfectly and the audience really seemed to be enjoying itself. In between songs everybody seem to be smiling and having a great time and giving high fives and hugs. Ms. Angela the chorus director, asked me if I was ready to go on. I gave her a thumbs up, just moments before three of my chorus mates came over to pat me on the back. Almost in the same motion as I was giving my thumbs-up, I felt a small flick in my hair, and my rubber band shot halfway across the room. My hair cascaded over my head just as the curtain began to go up. There was no turning back and I had to begin my song.

I had practice the song many times, and was not nervous, but for a few seconds, I became just a little flustered. I regained my composure five or six words into my solo and from there my adrenaline carried me the rest of the way. I knew I was enjoying myself up on stage, but when the song was over, it was all a blur to me. I really did not know how I had done, but I could certainly hear the audience applauding. When I looked over to Ms. Angela, she was both applauding and shaking her head at the same time. In between tunes, I asked Max how I had done and he told me I was amazing. He told me the only thing missing in my rendition was the skirt that we had joked about on the phone. He told me that Claire had a lot of talent. I thanked him, but warned him again, to keep quiet about my alter ego Claire.

“Okay Clay, but anyone who saw you on stage this evening, would have assumed you were a girl. Your voice, your inflections, the way you moved your body and of course your hair, showed no sign of a boy named Clarence. I think you stepped out of the closet tonight. Some of your friends, may have given you a little push by cutting your rubber band, but I’m not even sure that made much of a difference.”

“Why did they do that?”

“A bunch of the girls in chorus were discussing you before the concert began. They were talking about your many changes and how much more social you had become. There was a great deal of speculation and some of the guys joined in. I never said a word. When you showed up this evening, a few of the girls noticed your brassiere strap. They got to talking, and thought it would be in your best interest to help you express yourself more on the outside. They got a couple of the guys to agree to pop your rubber band just before you went on stage. I think their plan worked, because you were a knockout on stage. It’s a shame you didn’t wear the skirt after all.”

I was stunned by the turn of events. I now knew that school would never be the same. My little secret was soon to be very public. I did not have that much time to think about it, as we were back on stage. In light of the conversation, I chose not to put another rubber band in my hair. When the concert was finally over I was the center of attention. A bunch of the guys wanted to know what was up, but even more surprisingly, the girls all wanted to talk with me. I received invitations from at least three different girls to come over and study. That had never happened before and I didn’t even know how to answer. Before I had a chance to reunite with my mother after the concert, Ms. Anderson cornered me backstage. She told me how wonderful I was, but based upon my performance among other things, it was time for me to come and see her and set up something with the professional counselor. I told her I would see her the next morning at school.

Mother told me how proud she was of me and that I had sung divinely. She also mentioned that her little caterpillar was now a butterfly for all to see. I knew what she meant, and all I could do was just put my hands up in the air and smile.

I hardly slept at all that evening, with my mind racing about what might occur at school on Thursday. I was concerned about getting some ridicule and what might transpire in the meeting with Ms. Anderson. She was very sweet, but there was a very professional tone to her request to see me the next day. I went in early, so that I could have some quiet time with her. I tried not to dress too provocatively and wore a basic pair of corduroy slacks and a cashmere sweater. Even though I had raised the bar the previous evening, I did not feel it appropriate to push it now and make a bigger scene.

Ms. Anderson was very friendly when I entered her office about a half-hour before the opening bell. Having seen me dressed as a blushing bride, she certainly had a good perspective on my current behavior.

“I am not a professional psychologist, but your recent behaviors seems to be much more than a little experimentation or phase. You clearly are transgendered and have a desire to be a girl. I would bet there are other students in the school with some similar feelings, but none are as committed as you. From what I can see, this is not anything deviant; you really want to be a girl.”

“I would be lying to you if I told you that I did not like my changes. I have felt so much happier since I began to accept my feminine side. Lately it has been hard for me to feel any other way.”

“I suspect the girl I saw at the boutique, will someday have a need for a beautiful gown like she was wearing. For now we are going to have to figure out what is best for you here at school.”

“I don’t follow. I didn’t think my current apparel was causing any problems.”

“It’s not. However following last night’s performance and now common knowledge of your not so visible clothing choices, you are going to be drawing a lot of attention. I doubt that was your intended plan, but the bell can not be un-rung.”
“I was hoping to get to the Prom before making a statement. I guess that’s not possible now. What do you suggest?”

“First I made an appointment for you and Dr. Robin’s at her office, at Evanston Hospital. She is a board certified psychiatrist that specializes in gender dysphoria. If your Mother gives us approval, I will run you over to her office for a two o’clock appointment this afternoon. She will discuss your feelings with you and hopefully provide you and the school some guidance and insight.”

“I’m going to a shrink? Can the school do that?”

“No, we can’t force you to do that, but I believe we all will get a lot out of it, especially you. If you don’t want to go, we may have some problems with you and the other students that we can not help you with. It is in your best interest.”

“How can she help the school?”

“I’m not totally sure, but she has dealt with similar situations before, and the principal has agreed to take her advice on this issue.”

“I guess I will see her then. Should I see her as Clarence or as Claire?”

“As I look at you sitting in front of me, even without makeup on, I don’t see a lot of Clarence anymore. You can go as you are. I will call your mother and if she approves, I will take you right after fifth period. Please come back to my office than.”

“Okay I will. I really appreciate your understanding and it is good to have a friend who seems to be so accepting.”

“You’re welcome and I will be here if you need me.”

I had never been to a psychiatrist or psychologist before. The office had five doctors listed on the door and only one assistant working at the reception desk. I had to fill in some forms and wait about 15 minutes before Dr. Robyn could see me. There were two other patients waiting to see doctors and everyone was very quiet and kept to himself or herself.

When I went in Ms. Anderson said she would come back to pick me up after my two hour appointment. I couldn’t imagine what I would be doing for two hours, but I just said, “Thanks, I’ll see you later.”

Dr. Robyn, or as I now call her Jen, had a very relaxing way about her. I thought I would be getting drilled about my dressing and behavior, but the first hour or so she just got to know me. The discussion was very friendly and I somehow managed to talk about family memories in a way I never had before. We talked about my mother, my father, and about how I felt growing up. The subjects included friends, chorus, and even dating.

It wasn’t until the second hour that we started to explore my new expressive self. She especially wanted to know how dressing as a girl made me feel.

“It’s not just the clothes, I just feel I relate better as a girl. It’s not that I don’t like boys, I do, but I now can see that I never really fit in much as a boy. My interest and personality are more in sync now. It doesn’t feel like an act anymore, it now feels so natural. I would never have said any of this a year ago, but now my life just feels like it has so many more possibilities.”

Dr. Robyn mostly listened, but every now and then steered me in areas she wanted to know about. The time passed quickly and I actually felt refreshed when it was over. She thanked me for being so frank, and said she would be speaking later to Ms. Anderson, the principal, and most importantly my mother and me. She also suggested that we continue talking for a few more sessions to get more adjusted to my latent feelings. She set up a follow-up time for the following Wednesday at 4 PM. We agreed to meet at that time on Wednesdays, until the end of the school year.

I had a lot to talk about with my mother when I got home from school that day. She knew about my appointment and had chatted with Ms. Anderson for a while during the morning. She was anxious to hear about the appointment and how things went at school. I told her that most of the feedback I got at school was positive, with only a couple of guys calling me names. When I was walking down the hall, I heard somebody call me a faggot, but when I turned around I was unable to see who said it. Beyond that, most of my friends basically asked how I was doing. I could see a couple of my friends, trying to check out whether I was wearing a bra again, which of course I was.

I had really liked Dr. Robin and she had made me feel comfortable with my unique situation. She was not judgmental and appeared to show genuine interest. I also mentioned to my mother that I would be having follow-up appointments with her, if that were okay.

“Claire I had a brief conversation with Dr. Robin a short while after you left her office. She said that you were a sweet young lady and she looked forward to helping you work through your feelings. She mentioned that she would call us later this evening, so that we could all talk briefly on the phone together. She wanted to tell us what she was going to recommend to the school, before she called them in the morning. She felt it was important, that we speak first, in case anything she was going to recommend something, we might be uncomfortable with.”

“What is she planning to tell the school? She never told me anything like that. I wonder if I should be worried?”

“She did not tell me her recommendations, but she told me that it would not be anything that you should be worried about. She said she was in your corner, and would try not to create any more obstacles.”

“When does she plan to call?”

“She said it would probably be somewhere between 7:30 and 8 PM.”

“It’s only 5:30 now, I am going to go crazy waiting to hear what she has to say.”

“Let’s have a little dinner and try and relax a little. I wouldn’t want to see any worry lines on my beautiful daughter’s face.”

“Mom! Stop teasing me. I’m not that hungry, but I guess we better eat something.”

We were lounging in front of the fireplace when the phone rang. I almost jumped off my seat, as I was so anxious to hear what she had to say. We each grabbed a cordless phone, so we could both be in on the whole conversation.

“Claire, as I told you earlier, I am going to want to see you in my office to continue discussing your emotional state. My preliminary finding will probably not come as any surprise to you. I believe you are transgendered and a very good candidate to begin a full transition to becoming a woman. This is not an overnight process, even if it seems so much as happened so fast. Psychologically, physically and legally, it takes more than a year before certain aspects of your life can be unalterably changed. I don’t want to get into all the details at this time, but you will need to live full-time as a girl for at least a year, before certain things can occur.”

“So beginning this summer, you think I should live full-time as a girl? I hope I’m hearing you right.”

“No and yes.”

“Huh?”

“I do think that you should begin to live full-time as a girl, but I am not recommending that you wait until the summer. You believe you are a girl and if you stay as a boy at school, you will become very unhappy. I am going to recommend to the school, that you be allowed to come to school as Claire. Your records will indicate your name as Claire, and you can begin to adjust to the school culture of being a girl.”

“I am not sure I can do that. I would be scared to death, showing up in a dress and all.”

“It is going to be difficult at first, but you have already come so far, and most of the students will not be surprised if you go a little bit further. It is important for you to fully accept who you are and not be ashamed of it. It may change a few friendships, but you may add a few more. You could wait until after school has finished for the year, but I think it is a great opportunity for you to learn to adapt to being a woman. Many transgendered people wait until they are older to make these decisions and it is always much harder for them to adjust. You are fortunate, to know what you want at a young age, this will benefit you later in life.”

“Do you think the school will have any problems with what you are suggesting for Claire? Will they allow her to return to school that way?”

“I have dealt with this in other school systems and I believe they will take my recommendations and allow Claire as much freedom as possible. We will have to show that she is getting proper follow-up psychological and physical care and that she is completely committed to this. I am going to slightly adjust her medications and also make an appointment for her to get a complete physical. Ultimately, there will be surgical options, but at least until the summer, we will stick with medications.”

“So when are you going to talk to the school about your recommendations for Claire. What do you need us to do?”

“I will be calling over to the school first thing in the morning. I suspect they will want to meet with all of us as soon as possible. If you like I can arrange to have you meet the principal following classes.”

“I am sure I could leave work early tomorrow and get there by three o’clock. If you could set it up that, that would be great.”

“I will phone you to confirm the appointment.”

“What should Claire do to prepare?”

“I do not think she needs to do anything prior to the meeting. She should dress and behave no differently than she has recently. If all goes as it should, then come Monday she can begin to assimilate to her new gender. There will be some legal, and school record issues to deal with, but I will provide you with a blueprint on what to expect over the next year. “

“Just like that, on Monday I am Claire full-time? Holy crap!”

“It is what you want, isn’t it?” Dr. Robyn responded.

“I know it is, but this is been such a fast overhaul my life. I just recently realized that this is who I am.”

“That is why you need to live full-time as a woman, before you can make some of the changes unalterably permanent. I don’t suspect you will have a change of heart, but it has happened.”

“How do I tell my friends?”

“I would wait until you have met with the school, then I would call your closest friends and tell them yourself. The news will likely travel fast, but for your close friends it will be best if they hear it from you directly.”

“Mom, are you happy about my choice.”

“Claire, you know I am. I had sense this was in you for a very long time, and obviously have had a recent hand in bringing your true feelings to the surface. I hope you’re not mad at me for doing that.”

“I love you mom and always will. I guess we will now have new activities to share.”

“It will be fun, honey.”

“Thank you Dr. Robin. I appreciate everything you have done for me and I can imagine I will need your help even more to get used to all of this.”

“I will await your call tomorrow and be at the school with Claire in the afternoon. Thank you.”

“Thank you both and good luck Claire. You are a very nice person as well as a sweet young lady. Bye now.”

To be continued…….

I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE ALL FEEDBACK--- MY STORIES ARE PURE FICTION, BUT ARE BASED UPON ACTUAL EVENTS IN MY FANTASIES….

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

As it seems many students

As it seems many students already know about Claire, I am of the opinion that she will be readily accepted by the majority of students and teachers. There is always that narrow-minded few that try to cause problems regardless if it in school or out. Claire's appearance at the concert, gives me the belief her wearing skirts or dresses to school won't become as big deal as she feels it will be. It also seems that Max will go out of his way to really protect her when the chips are down.

Prom 6

Hi

I can't believe there is only one chapter left. It is great that the students weren't teasing, but just nudging her on her way. I doubt there will be issues with many - though there are always one or two idiots.

Keep it coming

Karen

I wish I could leave kudos

littlerocksilver's picture

I would have left them for each chapter.

Portia

Portia

The Prom Statement Chapter 6

With Clarence making such a convincing girl as Claire, everybody will see Claire, not Clarence. But will Clair have transitioned or her Life Test by th time of the Prom?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Like Portia,

ALISON

'I would have liked to leave kudos for each chapter.Claire has indeed emerged as the beautiful butterfly and reminds me
of the lovely young girl Hailee that we saw in yesterdays blogs.That was fact but this was fiction,but there was not much between the two.

ALISON

With the the boy Tom in Rhode Island who recently

went to his prom en femme with his parents and school's permission, and now this chapter, it is not far off before school's actually have transgender curriculum that teach students and faculty of the basic whys and wherefores of why we are the way we are. Of course nobody, not even a therapist can understand what we are going through, or have gone through at the hands of a homophobic, bigoted, and hateful society that seems the more they pick on others, they are not dealing with their own issues. Our issues are in our face every day of the week, week after week, and year after year, even after complete srs.

This entire story has been one of mixed emotions, feelings, desires, fears, hesitations, happiness, sadness, and much, much more. This chapter was very enlightening, and needed to be posted. I can't wait to see how Claire fares at school in her skirt or dress. Of course I don't see many girls wearing dresses and skirts to school in the winter like we had to. But back then it was a requirement. I loved reading this story and can't wait for the next chapter.

BTW is the Jen's last name Robin or Robyn? You have it both ways in this chapter.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

That's actually the inspiration…

For the next documentary from the film group one of my friends is in. They're going to be interviewing and researching people who started in the 70's until now.

Well It's officle

Renee_Heart2's picture

Claence is gone & Clare is here to stay. Mom knew about this & gave him a big push when it came time. I love this story will be sad when it ends look foward to the next chapter.

How Intresting to see how the girls in couris got a couple of guys to cut his rubber band off well now that the dede is done things will be intresting at school.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

claire full time

boy, to have that option .... ah, well. there is always stories like this.

"You can survive a couple of weeks without food. You can survive a couple of days without water. You can even survive a couple of minutes without air. But you cannot survive for even a minute without hope."

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

If Feedback is What You Want

After the Prom what about a Summer of Claire followed by Claire the
College Years. Claire and Max go to separate colleges and Claire
finds a love interest based on meeting someone who only has
known her as Claire.

I had to add to my previous comment.!

I hope this goes okay, but what a BIG step! I can't help but repeat Claire's statement-"Holy Crap!"
I certainly wish the best for her, but I foresee problems...
By the way, I see that this is the next to last chapter. I certainly hope you plan to continue this story, after the prom. I like these characters!

Wren

IMHO

The girls and guys who decided, based on their no doubt extensive training in psychology, that Claire needed to be outed to the entire school should be disciplined strongly. Whatever they thought, the fact remains they exposed Claire to possible harm from less-accepting students and parents, and it wasn't their decision to make.

. . . .

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until they speak.


I went outside once. The graphics weren' that great.

Concerns about Claire and her Safety

I believe Claire is exceptional and cutting the rubber band is
a minor thing compared to what Claire has done to reveal herself.
I think she already outed herself, and she is so unique a person
that girls will line up to be her friend and boys will line up
to get to know her once it is official. After the concert girls
were inviting her to study with them. And the boys just wanted to
know what was up.