Hellgirl: Aww Crap (Part 6)

Printer-friendly version
Hellgirl: Aww Crap (Part 6)
by:
Lilith Langtree


Have you ever woken up on a slab in the morgue and wonder how in the world you wound up there, with no memory, and with a coroner about to make a Y-incision in your chest? Neither had Gemma Saunders.
Revelations come at a price.

Author's note: You might want to go back and read the last chapter since it's been a while for this update.

Part 6

The gathered natural gas in the kitchen made sure the small explosive bullet was more than effective. The back half of the house exploded up and out, shredding what was left of the dilapidated heroin den. Hopefully the four remaining guys inside didn't die instantly.

On the way back to the car, I stripped the Glock and tossed most of the pieces down a storm drain. Before I'd closed the driver’s side door, I heard the distinct sound of fire truck sirens in the distance. At least they were on their game.

While I waited around, I flipped open the file and ran my red finger down the list of names, people involved in the DEA's surveillance. Martin Pierce was subject number ten. Retrieving an address where he laid his bedroll down at night, I put the Jeep into gear and headed to the Brewery Tap, four blocks over.

It started off as a trendy micro-brewery bar, specializing in one hundred and two different kinds of beer on tap, most of which was made in Texas. It was a popular hangout for the rollerblading kids that liked to skate on the empty streets downtown after dark.

That was ten years in the past.

More recently, it was a drug den that was always passed over by HPD's narcotics division for the right amount of cash.

I ground my teeth. They'd have to pay as well. If the pukes that ran drug enforcement actually did their job, then maybe my little girl wouldn't have met up with guy that stuck her to begin with.

I really hated dirty cops.

~O~

The Brewery Tap was at the crown of a T-intersection and I was parked at the foot, watching it through my rearview mirror. It seemed busy enough, a nice normal front with less than nice cliental.

I wasn't going play around this time. This one was going to be messy.

With the Samaritan in one hand and the sound of stone grating against stone in the other I stepped out of the Jeep and made my way to the bar. People out front got a load of the red skin and horns when I passed a dim streetlight and decided discretion was the better part of keeping their heads attached to their necks. They bugged out rather quickly.

The front door was already open.

Cigarette smoke and the smell of sweat drifted out the door before I stepped inside. Frank Sinatra was crooning the highlights of living in the Big Apple, but that was about all I heard when everyone inside got a look at me.

I stood there and let everyone take me in for a moment. A glass shattered to the side and I heard a few muttered curses and a plea to God in a foreign language before I announced my intensions.

"I'm the Devil and I've come for my due. Anyone who helps me gets to walk out of here in one piece. Now, where's Martin?"

Several heads turned to the guy behind the bar, not to mention several fingers pointing him out. The neon lights didn't do too much for his complexion, which was getting paler by the second.

I raised the Hand and crooked a beckoning finger. "Come on, Martin. It's time to go to Hell."

He stared at me. I saw his hands shaking. Then he pulled a runner. Without even thinking about it, I leaped forward, up and over the bar, landing right on his heels, to grab his shoulder, slamming him down to the floor. He started screaming right away.

"Oh God, Oh God, please! I'm sorry. Whatever I did, I'm sorry!"

The sound of chairs scraping against concrete alerted me that the patrons were escaping while they had a chance. I gave them a cursory look over my shoulder to make sure none stayed around and tried to be a hero.

"Please don't kill me! Please don't kill me!"

The smell of spent urine added to the smoke and sweat. Standing up, I took Martin with me and body slammed him onto the top of the bar. "Shut up, Martin. Redemption time is over. We're at the penance portion of the game now. This is the time where you get to confess all of your sins and accept your punishment for the part you played in killing my daughter."

His eyes widened and his bowels loosened. Then he screamed. I think I broke him. He wouldn't stop screaming and trying to scramble away, so I holstered the Samaritan and grabbed the closest bottle of booze and started pouring it into his open mouth.

On his next inhalation of breath he stared choking. It was nice seeing him struggle. It soothed a savageness that I felt somewhere deep inside.

"The word is that you started my little girl on heroin, gave her the first shot."

Once he was able to breathe, it was nothing but denials. "No... I swear!"

I blinked at him and smiled. "Are you saying that you didn't provide Gemma Saunders with armful after armful of that crap?"

He didn't deny it this time. He only whimpered.

"Red."

The Samaritan was out and pointed before I had even finished turning my head to the door.

"Get the fuck out of here, Abe."

Martin was past whimpering and into full on crying by this point and I was just getting started.

"I can't do that."

I grabbed Martin by the throat and lifted him off the bar. "This is the piece of shit that killed Gemma. Her boyfriend. You get that, Abe? She trusted him to do boyfriend shit: bring her flowers, take her out to movies, and try to feel her up after dates, not get her so stoned that she couldn't remember the right dosage to fill the needle with so she wouldn't kill herself."

Slamming him back on the bar, I held him down with the normal hand and the Samaritan planted on his chest, and pointed a stone finger at him.

"You fucked her, did you? Got her nice and stoned and then fucked her. Well that shit ends now, tonight."

I brought my Hand down between his legs and squeezed, making sure he never thought about violating anyone ever again. He didn't stop screaming after, until he passed out from the pain.

"Red." I closed my eyes in annoyance. The sound of Frank Sinatra died down and I could hear Abe's footfalls on the concrete floor. "Just kill him and let's go."

I shook my head. "He's got to suffer. Just like Gemma suffered."

"You've just crushed his entire pelvic region. Don't you think that's suffering enough?"

"No. They all have to pay," I whispered.

"Who's all of them, Red?" he asked. "Everyone that played a part in Gemma's life? The dealers I get. The boyfriend I get. Hell, even the drug suppliers I get. But what about her parents, and you, and everyone at the BPRD that didn't act soon enough to stop the damn fairies from doing this in the first place? Do we all deserve to pay?"

Mom... Julie.

It wasn't until I felt Abe's hand on mine that I had realized my eyes were closed and leaking tears.

"Let's go."

I'd reverted back to my Gemma form before we'd made it to the door. Liz was standing guard outside.

"Burn it," Abe said. "Nothing but ash."

She nodded once and reached out to set a hand on my shoulder, giving it a single squeeze before entering the bar. A second later, I heard the tell-tale sound of her powers activating.

~O~

Dad was waiting for us by his car when we got back to headquarters. I watched as he pocketed his cell phone. Worry was dragging on his face as I stepped out of the passenger side of the Jeep. Abe insisted on driving back, not that I blamed him.

"Are you okay?" asked Dad as he slowly approached.

I shook my head. "Not really."

We both stood there, with me avoiding his eyes and him looking at me, not knowing what to do.

"I'm going to stay here tonight."

"Gemma..."

I finally gathered enough courage to look at him. "The people that sold Gemma the drugs and the guy that got her hooked... I took care of them tonight. They won't be destroying anymore families."

He blinked at me and then swallowed before glancing at Abe, who was holding himself back by the driver’s side. My instinct told me that Abe was probably throwing non-verbal signals at Dad. When his eyes returned to mine, I licked my lips and fidgeted.

Dad gave me a single nod. "Thank you." He cleared his throat. "We'll see you tomorrow morning then?"

I nodded.

Then he did something that I wasn't expecting. He stepped into me and wrapped his arms around my back in a comforting hug. Turning my head, I set it on his chest and sighed away the tight feeling that was in my own.

He wasn't Father, and he wasn't even Gemma's real dad, but for the moment it was enough to not be rejected for either reason. The man seemed to care either way, and not a lot of guys out there can reach that level of compassion given what he had faced over the last few days.

He backed away and I straightened up.

"I'll be home after breakfast."

~O~

The elevator worked, sort of. We had to bypass the safety setting that got triggered when I tore off the door on S4, until it got replaced. I grimaced. That was probably coming out of my paycheck.

Abe escorted me to my room and waited while I took a shower. He was sitting at my desk, puffing away on a Cohiba and nursing a shot of tequila that he must have gotten from his room. I never touched the hard stuff, well usually.

All I had to wear was my old clothes which amounted to an old dress shirt and that was about it.

Abe coughed and then averted his eyes when he saw me. He waited until I found my way to a chair and covered my lower half with one of Father's afghans.

He kept his eyes away from me when he decided to address the situation. "This can't happen again, Red."

I sighed and looked at a blank corner where the wall met the ceiling. "I'm not done yet. The suppliers have to be dealt with and then there are the rest of the sewer fairies."

Silence sat between us for a good thirty seconds.

"Will that satisfy you?"

I rubbed at my temples, trying to ease the tension. "Nothing would satisfy me, but at least I'd know there won’t be any more teenage girls that are dead because of them.”

The chair he was sitting in squeaked as he sat forward. “That Hand, Red. You’ve really got to watch yourself.”

My eyes ticked to the bracelet. The stone almost pulsed with energy. It was like I could feel the contentment it felt. I knew it was sentient in some way. For now, it seemed like our goals were one and the same. I’d deal with it later.

“I’m tired Abe.”

~O~

The next morning I dressed in the clothes I had on the night previous and headed out. I was in no mood to be coddled by Abe and after the show I put on I didn’t want to see Liz’s face at that moment. The only thing that was on my agenda was to get home and change out of my work clothes and into something that made me feel a little less like a monster.

The traffic was sedate, being Sunday and all. When I came to the intersection of Stella Link and feeder road of the Loop, I looked to the right, frowned and briefly closed my eyes. The local church that keeps the BPRD loaded up with blessings and all, Corpus Christi Catholic, was right around the corner. It’s where I would go before most particularly dangerous missions. I used to have a pretty good relationship with God. Now I wasn’t so sure.

A car horn sounded behind me. Casting a glance in the rearview, I turned my blinker on and made a right. Me and God had to have a little talk. Granted he didn’t do much, conversation wise, on his side of the fence, but it had to be done all the same.

Leaving the Samaritan under the seat, I checked the forty-five in the cross draw holster. It was kind of frowned on to bring weapons like that in the house of God, but I already had enough sin on my shoulders.

When I entered the front doors, I paused at the water basin, dipping the tips of my fingers in and traced the cross over myself. I’d already had Father’s rosary wrapped around my left wrist and the crucifix firmly in my palm.

“May I help you?”

Father Sanchez had his office at the front of the church so he could pounce on anyone he didn’t recognize. I suppose that would be me in that instance. Without saying anything, I pulled out my ID and handed it over.

Watching his eyebrows raise and then his doubtful gaze settle upon me gave me hope that even those of the Cloth needed something other than blind faith to believe.

“It’s me, Padre. We need to talk.”

I waited until he got one of the sisters to watch the front before he led me to his office and shut the door. He didn’t even bother starting in on me; he just picked up the phone and called Abe.

I took my regular seat in the corner, furthest away from where I knew he perched. After a brief chat, he sat the phone in its cradle.

“Abe is happy that you decided to stop by.”

A scowl dropped over my face.

“Would you like to tell me what happened?”

With a reluctant sigh, I brought him up to speed on everything. Not a lot fazes Father Sanchez. Me killing myself and waking up in my daughter’s body didn’t even result in a tick of his cheek. He’d seen a lot. It was one of the reasons that he was the goto guy for the BPRD.

When I got to the part about finding out that I was my own daughter, he stopped me. I guess he’d seen something in my face.

“Do you need Confession, Red?”

I closed my eyes and ran my fingers of them. “Not yet. For confession to actually work, I have to regret my sins.” Looking up at him, I clenched my fingers around Father’s crucifix. “Thing is, I don’t.”

Shaking my head, I stood up. “I’m sorry. This was a mistake. I shouldn’t have come here today.”

“Sit,” he ordered.

It’s kind of odd to hear a priest give sharp orders like that, but the Padre and I go back a couple of years. He knew my attitude and he also knew that I respected him. Reluctantly I sat, but wound up squirming in my chair.

“You’re treading dangerous waters, my son…” He paused and shook his head. “How do I refer to you now?”

“Gemma, please. I’m not entirely Red anymore.”

With a confirming nod, he continued. “Very well. As I implied before, you are at a crossroads. I am unsure as to the implications of your suicide. Your mortal life was ended by your own hand, however God chose for you to remain on the mortal realm. It’s not hard to assume that you serve a greater purpose with your return.”

Pressing my lips together, I looked up at him and then away again.

“That it is in your daughter’s body that you returned… it’s confusing. Perhaps it is a penance you serve for your role in her life, or perhaps it is a reward for what you were willing to sacrifice by not letting that relic fall into the hands of those that would bring about the end of days. We aren’t meant to understand the will of God.”

The idea that my semi-resurrection was a reward hadn’t really occurred to me. All the indicators pointed toward punishment. In my eyes they still do.

“What I can’t condone is the killing of those responsible.”

I looked up at him again, biting the inside of my lip in order to keep my mouth shut. It wasn’t surprising that the Padre wasn’t an old school, eye for an eye type. That’s where our interpretation of the Bible differed.

“They have to pay, Padre, and some of the people involved are police. I won’t see justice done otherwise.”

“Justice or vengeance?”

An amused grunt escaped from my throat. “It’s got to be one or the other? I was always of the opinion that they ran hand in hand.”

“That’s where you would be wrong. It is not for you to decide who is guilty or not. There’s a higher power at work here. Leave the judgment to Him.”

It was a bitter pill that he was trying to make me swallow and I didn’t know if I was capable of that anymore.

The Padre stood and walked around the desk to stand before me. “Resume your duties, Gemma. Leave the apprehension of the guilty to me. I have certain connections in the HPD internal affairs division that will see to it those responsible pay for their role in this crime.”

He said his priestly mumbo jumbo and made the sign of the cross over me. I didn’t feel any better, but I still hadn’t had my chat with the big guy yet.

~O~

Before entering the chapel I dipped a couple of fingers in the fount up front and crossed myself. It being the middle of the day, it was deserted enough that I knew I wouldn’t be bothered and the Padre would see to it the nuns kept their distance.

I sat on the second row of pews and looked up at the crucifix. My eyes followed the sad bloodied face of Christ.

“Hey, it’s me again. I know you have a lot things you’d rather be doing than listening to me right now, but if you could spare a few minutes I’d appreciate it.”

I shifted a little and bowed my head.

“I’m really messed up right now. The Padre thinks this is all part of some plan of yours and if it is then I guess I’ll deal with it like I always do. If you could give me a little bit of a break here with all the drama I’d appreciate that too. I know it’s not like there won’t be more, but dying and coming back as my own daughter… man, that was a little cruel, don’t you think?

“Anyway…”

Gripping Father’s rosary, I brought it up to the back of the pew in front of me and just stared at it.

“Okay, I take it all back. Just… just… I don’t care what happens to me. Just make sure Gemma gets a decent place up there with the rest of you guys. She didn’t deserve any of this. I should have been there for her. But I guess that’s all part of your plan, huh?

“As much stuff that I’ve gone through… everything that I’ve lost… you owe me. Make sure Gemma is in a good place and I’ll call it square.”

I unwrapped the rosary from my wrist and stood to make my way out. The Padre was standing at the back. When I made it to his side he held out his hand for a shake. Instead I gripped it and left the rosary in his grasp.

“Give it to someone that needs it. I’m kind of done here. Have a nice life Padre.”

Before I left he called out one last thing to me.

“Red, you can abandon God, but he won’t abandon you. I’ll be here if you ever want someone to just talk to.”

I paused at the door and then opened it, leaving without looking back.

End, for now.

up
188 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

lost in vengeance

hopefully, she can find her way back from being lost to vengeance

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Justice vs Vengeance

Well somebody has to decide which is which. The dichotomy seems like these days is if you let somebody else decide than it is lawful and if you try to decide then it is considered vengeance.

Sorry, the reality is it all depends on community standards in a lot of societies. The so-called 'Honor killings' in conservative Muslim societies is an example. This is where men get to decide what is 'decent' for their daughters and feel entitle to kill their daughters if their daughters decide to do something 'indecent'.

What it comes down to for Red is that s/he has to decide what is a killing offense and what is not in this whole sordid mess we call a drug trade. For those who took the choice of being drug free or not from Gemma then they are forfeit. The suppliers of the drug up the chain has a greater degree of separation, I mean will she have to go against the stupid subsistence farmer in Afghanistan who sells the poppies needed to eventually make Heroin?

Until Gemma can decide rationally what makes sense then I think she needs to take a breather.

Kim

i can't believe your timing

I just finished chapters 1 - 5 and was looking to ask for an update an here it is. thanks, great story

I'd forgotten...

I had forgotten this story was unfinished, I can see it remains that way. ;)

Hopefully our heroine will get herself sorted out, without destroying herself. Or too many innocents. As for the whole 'God' thing, I'm surprised he has any adherents due to his current lack of interest in the physical plane... ;)

Have to admit my own comic knowledge stops with British children's comics, but what it seems like we need is a messenger from 'God' to come and help out here...

JC

The Legendary Lost Ninja

LOL

Halfway to Chicago, shades on and using up that gas!

-sb

Coordinated
Educational
Network for
Talents and
Emergent
Resources

Coordinated
Educational
Network for
Talents and
Emergent
Resources

As Elwood says ...

"It's 106 miles to Chicago. We got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and we're wearing sunglasses."
To which Jake replies ...

"Hit it." *grin*

Love that film!

Randalynn

Hellgirl: Aww Crap (Part 6)

Hellgirl needs to meet the Spectre as they both have a problem about Vengeance/Justice.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Gemma/Red

Is in a hard place right now. She's had way too many shocks to her system, mind, and sensibilities for anyone to really expect her to be completely rational all the time, don't you think?

I agree with Lili, Hell Girl and The Spectre do seem to be outwardly motivated by the same things, but Gemma's drive is far more personal than Diana's, which is making it that much harder for the former.

Maggie

End, for now.?

"End, for now." I was just relishing the fact that we're back at this story and is it over? I do hope that you get back to it. It is WONDERFUL story telling!! Full of heart! Thank You!!!!

This portion of it is

This portion of it is finished. Like some of the other stories in the CRU the tale will not be finished for quite some time. Gemma will be back in a second story that deals with what she has learned over the last two chapters and further revelations for the Hand.

The reason it's being written this way is that I have to make sure to have all the right characters' origins explained and in place.

It's kind of like comics in that way.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

For me, the hero of this

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

For me, the hero of this chapter didn't have superpowers and didn't kill anyone. It was Gemma's dad. Despite everything he's been through he was still able to show Gemma compassion and love.

A sad chapter with one or two sweet moments but then given the ending to the previous chapter it's very fitting. How are justice and vengeance different seems to be the zeitgeist question with Maggie's Spectre and a couple of other stories exploring that vein. It was interesting to see the interplay between the Padre and Gemma on it.

Thank you for the Hellgirl story. A worthy addition to the CRU with a character with a lot of layers to her.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Ah ha!

Finally. Glad to see a closure chapter. (note that I didn't say ending)

As for those people who talk about being lost in vengeance... I'd disagree. The way the character is written, he's performing vengeance, but delivering justice. (He/She. Very masculine overtones, so I'm saying he.)

In any case, notice that the list he has is VERY specific. 'Dirty cops', not 'vice cops' or even 'narc cops'. In the case of the Brewery Tap, it was a clear "I want ONE person, everyone else can leave", despite the previous paragraph having detailed that it was a den of iniquity at the present time. (I haven't been there, so I don't know. Yes, I live in Houston, but I don't drink.)

He's even listed that all that's remaining are the drug suppliers in question, and the sewer fairies. (Not all the drug dealers in town, but those specific to his daughter's corruption)

Vengeance doesn't tend to have limits; it bleeds over onto everything. This seems much more specific than blatant vengeance.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Interesting perspective.

Interesting perspective.

While I have visited the Brewery Tap on many occasions in my misspent youth, it was during the time that it was a roller-blader's hangout, and Frank Sinatra was always playing. Weird, even for that time. They had a very eclectic jukebox, and good beer.

I don't even know if it's still around though. Like most places that have been downtown after enough time, they turn seedy. I will say though, the uphill climb coming out of that T-intersection is where I was accosted for the first time by an irate transient wanting money. I still remember what he smelled like. Blech!

Oh, and Helllllooooo fellow Houstonian... even though I don't live there anymore, that's where I grew up.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

Surprised but happy to see another chapter.

I can't see any problem with cleaning up the vermin.

It's no worse than the pest man eliminating all of God's little creatures in your home.

Great action LiLith.

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I'm the Opposite :)

Enemyoffun's picture

Action is one of my strong suits whereas everything else is kinda blah for me.

Nice to have you back. I

Nice to have you back. I read all your stories I always leave a kudo, but do not always a comment. I don't have you gift with words and don't want sound dumb, but thanks for all your efforts.
cheech

At last!

I was wondering when we were going to see this. I'm glad it was worth the wait.

Revenge is a sticky issue, no doubt about it. Making yourself the arbiter of life and death is never a good thing, even if the person in question really deserves it. Of course, who is to decide if they really do deserve it or not? Justice vs. Vengeance... It's something you can argue a good long time about.

I think a big part of it is personal feelings. Revenge is (at least in comics) often driven by powerful emotions, which tend to cloud a person's judgment and make them feel justified in their role as that arbiter of "justice." It very often leads to very poor or outright terrible decisions. But that's just my thoughts on the subject at the moment.

On another note for the villain's side of things, revenge is an extremely frequent tool by writers to keep a villain coming back. Many villains probably could go on with their lives if they simply let go of their grudge against a hero, but won't for often petty or irrational reasons. Spiderman in particular gets this a lot.

But anyway, kudos for this story. I enjoyed it very much.

Loved It :)

Enemyoffun's picture

I have to admit that I didn't get around to reading the story until today...I'm really far behind on a lot of my Retcon reading but I'm slowly starting to catch up. I loved everything about this story...from the beginning to the "End for Now". I'm curious to see what comes next.

Me too!

I just read the first four and then left a comment...and then had to come back and read the last two.

Lovely, lovely stuff.

Good story, and Red needs to

Good story, and Red needs to talk to someone else that will understand. A meeting over beers between Red, Spectre, and Courtney would be interesting.

Nicely Done

terrynaut's picture

I think Red needs to have a serious mother/daughter/father talk with her adopted mother. That kind of thing should not be left to fester, but I still think this story ended well, and I like the action in it. You covered some serious issues and the violence helped emphasize your points.

In my comment for the previous chapter, I mentioned plot twists. I don't think the mother/daughter/father issue was too big of a shock, just a surprise. I seem to remember that you had Red wonder about why he ended up in Gemma's body. It might have been good to have a dream about it to set it up a little more but it was good.

Thanks and kudos. I look forward to any more of Gemma's/Red's story.

- Terry

Glad to see a bit of

Glad to see a bit of resolution to Gemma/Red's story. Great work as usual.

Any Chance we will get a back story on red/gemma & jenn kale?

I have been mulling over this for a few days after rereading hellgirl from the start and at first I thought there was a tiny bit of change from the hellgirl in her story an the 1 in DC(height wise which I was wrong about) but it got my ADHD mind going about how you said you where trying to set up the orion stories and I was wondering if there'd ever be a origin story for jenn or a brief story tellin how her an red/gemma met or even how red/gemma an jade met.

BTW love your works but I just get frustrated that alot of them are half finished cause you stop an ended up start writing another story. I know alot of times your muse for some stories freeze's and I understand that it's just your a great writer (actually you & EOF both) and it annoys me you got so many half finished stories. Anyways selfish rant aside I do look forward to more of your work.

Questions answered:

Questions answered: There will be a point in in Jennifer's next story where the kiddos will be asking questions. Jennifer and Red obviously had a sexual relationship (since it was mentioned in the second Jade story)at one point before he turned into Gemma, so yes, it'll probably be answered in a short anecdote by one or the other.

Jade and Gemma will meet up in one of the next American Dream stories when they get the go ahead for their headquarters to be built on Ellington AFB.

Unfinished stories: I guess I'll say something about this again since it's been a while. I tried the not writing anything until the current story is finished thing. It didn't work. I sit around and stare at the screen a lot and don't produce anything. As I've proven time and again, I finish my stories. And if you look at the Finished/Unfinished ratio, the finished far outweigh the unfinished.

It's a truer statement to say, "Why don't you finish the stories that I want you to finish, before moving on?" and that's a fair question. People have their favorites. There isn't a week that goes by without someone PM'img, Emailing, or asking in a comment about "Do it Right...". It was a very popular story.

It's not because I'm ignoring it. It's because I'm having a problem with it and until I figure it out, I don't think it would appreciated by the readers for me to submit a substandard continuation. After all, I could end the whole thing by saying, "What's that up in the sky. It looks like a big rock. Oh shit! The End." -- which would be kind of apt for the D&D stories -- But I don't want to do that. I want to do it right.

So, I'll be continuing, as always, where my muse takes me. It may not be perfect, but it's the way I roll.

~Lili

Blog: http://lilithlangtree.tglibrary.com/
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/lilith_langtree

~Lili

Write the story that you most desperately want to read.

I can honestly say a giant

I can honestly say a giant asteroid ending for Passion and Purpose might be just twisted enough to work. Maybe one composed entirely of sugar and corn syrup to maintain the sweetness of the tale. :p

If I had to guess, it would be that wrangling your muse (or anyone's for that matter) and your various characters is a bit like dealing with cats. They come and go as they please and demand attention at the most inopportune moments. I only hope Kris and Jade don't claw up the couch too much. Dammit, Chase and Ar'ri have been climbing up on the kitchen counters at night even though they know they're not suppose to. What's that smell?... great a dead mouse... Ms. Fine, stop bringing in your 'presents'. *sigh*

Great story!

Great story!

Hellgirl

Just finished reading the six parts of Hellgirl. I really enjoyed it and looking foreward to another Hellgirl story.

This one was full of surprizes, especially near the end. I can see where Red/Gemma could look for other artifacts.

I thoroughly enjoyed Hellgirl.

I am almost crying after

I am almost crying after reading this one. Her story hurts, but in a good way.

Interesting story, but she

Interesting story, but she should know that killing people won't bring her daughter back. Well she probably knows, but doesn't want to know. Red didn't really give a shit before, so it is nothing but rage.

Thank you for writing this interesting story... Is there a sequel somewhere?

Beyogi