The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 3 Rescue Mission Ch. 01

Printer-friendly version

The Rescue Mission
Chapter 1

Written by rachel76m
Edited by Don Kaufman


butterfly4a.jpg
two-butterflies02.jpg
sunset10.jpg

Last week, Mr. Parker, their Human Resources manager, gave me a call that I will be staying in a hotel on the north side of Charleston International Airport. Secure-Sys, Inc., is located to the west of the airport in an industrial park.

So, I did some searching on the internet to see what the hotel property looked like. I see it has trees for the hotel property alone. The rest of it is concrete and buildings all around the property. I quickly do a phone call to the hotel. Once I got my question answered, I quickly decided to drive back to Mt. Blanc to pickup the potted plants before I left. I put them in several boxes that can fit in my car.

I am now driving down the interstate on I-95 into South Carolina. I left at 9 AM and my car is full of clothes for three weeks and food for the fairies. The fairies are glad that I’m taking the plants along with me. I see the exit for I-26. I take the ramp for it and drive toward Charleston.

Mr. Bryson requested I meet them at the hotel first to unload the car. I arrive at the Residence Inn near the airport at about 2 P.M. I get out of my car to shake hands with them. The fairies stay hidden inside the car.

“Welcome to Charleston, SC, Richard.”

“Thank you, sirs. I am surprised by the trees surrounding the place. I really like it. I know it is an oasis here among the other buildings.”

“There are other hotels and B&Bs in town. But they are too far away and cost more than this one. The closest one is the Inn at Middleton. That one is not really designed for one month stays. This is Dave Parker, my Human Resources manager. I just hired him a month ago.

I shake hands with Dave Parker. I see no reaction from him.

“We’ll take care of the paper work this afternoon, then come to the plant at 8 A.M. sharp tomorrow morning. We have your system still in the crates. We want you to unload it and do a simple demonstration first.”

“That’s fine, sir. I went over the documentation that I created. I will print them out so your engineers can start taking a look at it.”

“That’s fine, Richard.”

“Well, let’s get me moved in, Mr. Bryson.”

I bring out the boxes. They contain small pots of flowers and some small fruits. There are three or four fairies inside the boxes.

“What are in these boxes, Richard?”

“I have a bit of a green thumb, Mr. Parker. They are flowers and herbs. When you described this place the last time, I looked it up on the internet to get an idea of the place. I thought I would try and see if I can do it. They will be sitting on the balcony and out of the way. I already called management here. They are allowing it.”

“That’s fine, Richard.”

It takes two trips with the dolly to get the boxes and luggage to the second floor room using the elevator. I lock up the car when I’m done.

“Meet us down here in a half hour, Richard. Have a suit and tie on for the photo ID.”

“Yes, Mr. Bryson.” I close the door. I walk up the stairs again and walk into the apartment. I whisper kind of loud, “Okay, you can come out now.”

Then three boxes are pushed open on the top side. The fairies fly around the place real quick to get the apartment understood.

“This not too bad, father. At least we get a balcony like the last time.”

“Yes you do, Lavan. Let’s slide open the glass door to the balcony so you can check out the area. As soon as I unlock it and open it, they change into butterflies and immediate fly out to check the property. I then move the boxes of pots to the balcony. When I open them, several other butterflies and flying insects come by to check out the colorful offerings and get a drink of nectar. I smile when I see that. I walk back
inside and bring my luggage into the bedroom. I open it and immediately transfer the clothes to the drawers. I also put the stone carving on top of the dresser as well. I put my toiletry items in the bathroom. My armor is still in the trunk space of my car.

I bring a package of paper bowls I bought recently, along with the nuts and fruits in a bag with me while I check the kitchen. I place the bags and bowls on the counter. I turn down the refrigerator to start cooling it down. When I open the cupboards and drawers, I see an assortment of standard plate ware, glasses, eating utensils and cook ware. I then turn around and open the bags of nuts, seeds and small fruits. I pour them into the paper bowls. I check the temperature of the AC in the apartment. It is okay for now. I go back into the bedroom to change my clothes to a coat and tie.

Then I see the butterflies fly back into the living room and change into fairies. You’re right Omega, this is a small piece of green in the middle of the buildings. There are several different kinds of birds out there who have nests there. We were able to thwart their attacks easily.

Will I be needed to show them I’m the Omega Unicorn. Traphel?”

“I think your breath will be able to do it this evening. I think they got word from the other birds flying through the area, the Omega Unicorn is now back once they realized who we are.”

Okay, it can wait until then. I’m going to leave the curtains closed to the apartment. The blinds can stay where they are. They are easy to move aside. Does the screen door work?”

It does, father. We can close it and lock it ourselves. We’ll practice with the glass door a little bit more. I think it will take at least three of us to close it shut.”

“But, can you do it in butterfly mode, Bianca?”

“We’ll certainly try, mother.”

“When will you be back today?”

“I don’t know, Victor. I still have to buy food tonight. Hopefully, I’ll be back by 6 P.M. or after. The sunset will be late tonight fortunately. Okay, I’m going to lock up the place now. I’ll have Croin with me just in case. I already put out some of your food out already.”

“Thank you, father.”

They all come up to me. To get close to me. We’ll miss you until you get back later today.”

“I’ll miss you too, my fairies. I’ll check the place out to see if there are outdoor eating areas, trees and gardens near the building.”

“We can only hope, Omega.”

They touch my ear and smell my hair one more time. Once they remembered me, they still check the tuft of my hair inside their clothes. I turn around and leave the apartment and lock the door. I walk down the stairs to where Mr. Bryson and Mr. Parker are in the parking lot. I get in their car. It takes about thirty minutes to get there. I see they have a gated entrance with a guard. They are waved in automatically.

“Richard, you’ll be getting a sticker pass and a transponder on your car to ID you when you come in. It is also a GPS. We’ll install it in the car tomorrow morning when you get here.”

“We have a garden area inside the complex. Some of our employees use it during their lunch break.”

“I understand, sir. Thank you, sir.”

I remember seeing two very large buildings that are ‘Lâ’ shaped on the internet. In the middle of it are trees, benches and a water fountain. This is nice, Creator. Thank you very much.

Mr. Parker drives for another five minutes and looks for his spot near the front. We get out of the car and walk into the building. I sign in at the front desk. I’m given a badge to pin on my shirt. We then walk down some hallways until he opens a door. The three of us walk into a conference room. I see a stack of papers and pen on the table. We all sit down in chairs around the table.

“We already did a preliminary security check on you. You are clear for Level 1 for right now. It will be finalized after you fill out these forms. We expect a lot of the answers to be ‘no’ since this is your first job like this.”

“Yes, Mr. Bryson.”

I proceed to fill the application out. It is easy to fill out the previous jobs section. I didn’t have any at all while in college. Not even a part-time job during the summer. It doesn’t take me long to fill the rest of it out either. Since I don’t have any parents, I use my aunt, uncle and Anna Dawson as my primary emergency contact.

I then go through the security questionnaire. I see most of my answers are ‘no’ like he said. There are a few yeses. I sign the documents and where I want my check deposited. I look on my cell phone and access the database on it to get the numbers. Right now it is with the bank back home with Anna Dawson. I sign where I need to sign it on the various forms and put the pen down.

“That was fast, sir.”

They smile, “For now it is. Mr. Parker will you please escort Richard to get his photo taken and sign out a transponder. Generally we are 8 to 5 PM. In the other building is our manufacturing facility. Their hours are dictated by what is being made and how many units are ordered.

“Yes, Mr. Bryson.”

“Welcome to Secure-Sys, Richard.”

“Thank you, sirs.” I shake hands with each of them as we smile at each other.

Mr. Parker picks up my application documents. I get escorted to another room. I get my photo taken and sign out for the transponder. I also sign out for a sticker ID # for my car.

“You,ll need this label on the driver side, front glass, top corner. This will get you in tomorrow morning. Sign in at the gate. Now we are going to give you a tour of the places where you can go for now. Put the sticker on before you leave tomorrow morning.”

“I understand sir. You do realize my invention will cross over to other applications.” I put the sticker into my shirt pocket.

“We understand that, Richard.” We walk down the hallway. He then opens a door into a larger room. I see about seven cubicles arranged in the space.

“Engineers, I would like to introduce our new employee, Richard Moore. He just graduated from NC State with honors.”

Four men and two women get up to greet me.

“Welcome to Secure-Sys, Richard.”

“Thank you.”

“Did you just sign your life away?”

I answer back with a smile, “Didn’t you do the same thing?”

They all chuckle and giggle. “Touche, Richard. Yes we did.”

“weren’t you posted all over You Tube just recently?”

“I was.”
“Oooh. . . It looks like we have a protector here to keep your hands off of me.”

The men chuckle at the lady’s remark.

“I can teach you some moves, ma’am. I have taught the police department in Raleigh for a few years while I was in college.

The men look a little more straight forward when they see the ‘look‘ on Mr. Parker and Mr. Bryson.

“I’ll take you up on it, Richard. Besides it will help add to our reputation as being a security company.”

“Okay, that’s enough bantering. Tomorrow morning at 8 AM, Richard will do a demonstration of his invention. He is going provide his documents on what he did.”

“We looked at that rebroadcast of the ceremonies, Richard. That is fantastic how you were able to transfer the images from the back room to the main stage.”

“Apparently you did something new to achieve those results.”

“Yes, I did. Thank you for the compliments. When I get done showing how it works, you will get an idea how my brain thinks. I like to think in 3D all around me and using all of my senses.”

“Well, however you did it. We’ll need to find a way to duplicate it and to make the manufacturing easier.”

“I did use what is available. There are some new designs that I built from scratch like the CPU core, the cameras and the transmitters. Then there is the programming of the core itself.”

“We’ll leave you on that note, people. Richard has get back to his apartment and buy some food. He is here for three weeks, then he will be at our Jacksonville office with our software division. He’ll make his travels to be here when he needs to.”


“Yes, Mr. Bryson.”
I shake hands with each them as I smile. I see no reaction in any of them. However, the two ladies do give me a little hug.

One of the ladies whisper to me, “I definitely need those lessons.

Did she just make a pass at me, Creator?

No, Richard.

The three of us then leave the room together. We walk around pointing out the other rooms like the break room and the larger conference room for all of the employees. We walk out to the garden area and see it is really nice and beautiful. There are plenty of flowers in the courtyard.

“What’s nice about this property, we are near the woods to the west of here. It is a lot quieter here than the other locations we looked at.”

I see a water fountain in the center. There are walkways and benches between the two buildings. There are some concrete benches and tables under some trees scattered about the area.

“Do you have any big animals come into the courtyard, Mr. Parker?”

“There is a barb-wire fence around the property to keep the alligators, deer and bobcat out. The fence is electric with cameras. There is a clearing around the outside part of the fence of twenty-five feet. The bear and cougar will be in the mountain area.”

“So, in other words, it is like every where else in the Southeast.”

They smile, “Yes it is, Richard.”

We continue walking around the walkways until we see the second building. We stand before it while we look at the building.

“This is our manufacturing facility. Once you are up to speed in what we do, we’ll give you a tour then.”

“Yes, sir. I’m sure you have several white rooms in there?”

“Yes we do, Richard. Come, let’s walk back to my office.”

We walk back into the first building and down the hallways to Mr. Bryson’s office. We sit in chairs opposite from his main chair behind his desk. “Richard, there was one piece of information we had trouble finding about you.”

“What is it, sir?”

“We called Anna Dawson your attorney and Dr. Sarah Mitchell to confirm it. It seems you are dual gender. How do you classify yourself?”

“Well, I grew up a boy and treated as such; That is what I checked on the application. I have no desire to transition at all. I like the way I am now. I didn’t know I was dual gender until the plane crash in the mountains that killed my family earlier this year. So, imagine my surprise when I found out.”

“I see, it would be a surprise to you. How come you learned about it so late?”

“When I was eight, I was walking home with my next door neighbor girlfriend. A block before we got home, four boys came out to hurt us. I stepped in the way to stop them.”

“Why did they do that?”

“They were in the sixth grade, we were in the second grade. Our grades were tops in the entire school, they were just below us. They wanted to be tops, but they felt insulted a bunch of second graders had better grades than they did.”

“Ah, the vanity of people.”

“There is more to it. When I was rushed to the hospital, it was then they discovered I’m dual gender. Even my parents didn’t know at the time.”

“What?”

“When I was born, my birth doctor kept that information from them. I think I ended up in a book of his for medical oddities.”

“That wasn’t nice of him to do that.”

“No, it’s not, sir. It took time for me to heal. The four boys were arrested and sent to juvenile hall. When they got out, they found out both of our families have moved. They went into a life of crime after that. They caught up with me and found me at NC State. However, by that time, I had earned the Shaolin purple sash with the third degree.”

“That explains your connection with the Raleigh police department. You helped them in your spare time, then.”

I smile, “Yes it does, sir. But my parents didn’t know how to deal with my dual gender at the time. They had planned to tell me when I turned eighteen in August. But I had to go to NC State early in August to get moved in. At least they made a video recording for me to see.”

“That’s good, Richard. With what happened during your graduation ceremony, do you think that assassination clan from China will come after you?”

“I don’t know, sir. Right now, I just began earning my first degree in the black sash. My sensei knows it won’t be accomplished here with all ten degrees. There will be some trips to China eventually.”

“Well, let’s hope the political and military atmosphere will be better by then. They were even not immune from the troubles forty years ago.”

“The last thing for you is what we’re going to pay you while you are employed with us. Since you don’t have any work history, this is the best we can offer you. The rest you will have to earn on your own. You will also get a percentage in commission when these units are sold.”

“Yes, sir.”

Mr. Parker slips a piece of paper to me. I look at it and smile. “Thank you sirs. I know it seems a lot right now to me. I’ll have to weigh it against my living expenses and being in a real apartment. My martial art classes at the dojo in Charlotte are being paid by my dad’s inheritance fund he left behind.”

“Well, let’s hope you don’t get into serious debt. The apartment life is what you are used to now. Don’t worry about getting a house yet.”
“The only two properties that are in my name are my parent’s house in Charlottesville and the cabin in Mt. Blanc. Those are already paid for. My dad did really well at the company he was at.”

“Yes, he was a mechanical engineer at the company he worked for. He came up with some good designs for the company.”

“Yes, he did, Mr. Bryson.”

“Well, we’ll let you go now.”

“How is the time accounted for payroll around here?”

“That’s a good question, Richard. When you come in through the doors, there will be a scanner to swipe your ID badge. It will be at the front desk when you come in tomorrow morning.”

“You don’t have to come in coat and tie like you did today. A nice pressed shirt and dress slacks will do.”

“I’ll be here before 8 AM.”

Then we all get up from the chairs. We shake hands again. They escort me back to the front desk. I sign out and leave the building with them. We get in Mr. Parker’s car and drive back to the hotel.
When we get there, I get out by myself. I wave my hands to them as they drive off.

~~~000~~~

“Richard is a very smart man, Dave. He is the best security programmer that has graduated in a long time.”

“We are fortunate to hire him. Why did he pick us, Robert?”

“I think the events of the companies going after his project and making sure it didn’t get made is why he chose us. He wants to get it built. He is right, there are too many holes in the current network out there. All it takes is one bad programmer to wipe out what we worked for. That nuclear bug that was launched ninety years ago in the Middle East is just the tip of the iceberg, Dave.”

“I agree, Robert.” I also think he has another secret he is hiding as well.”
“Does it have to do with China?”

“No, that’s a separate incident dealing with his sensei. We’ll eventually learn what it is. What do you think of his choice for our first two customers?”

“The installation at the Air Force base is good. They do get the hackers who try to disrupt their communication network. If a rogue group could shut down their satellites and radar, it will create a hole in our air space for a strike.”

“That’s my thought as well. The police are another good choice as well. They are the front line ground forces if something should happen unexpectedly.”

They need to have their networks protected as well.”

“So will the banks and other financial institutions. We’ll just have to keep at it and provide the best security in software and hardware for our customers, Robert.”

“That we will.”

They continue driving back to their manufacturing headquarters.

~~~000~~~

I walk up the stairs to my apartment. I unlock the door and walk inside. I get greeted by the fairies immediately.

“So, what is the place like?”

“There is a central courtyard with gardens, water fountain, tables to eat at under the trees and benches. It is near a forested area and it is really quiet.”

All of the fairies cheer that their prayers are answered.

“That’s great, father. Now we can be near you when you have your lunch.”

“That’s true. But we’ll have to watch the weather. If it is raining and storming then I’ll be inside their break room having my lunch.

“Then we’ll just have to watch the TV in the morning or get a live update on the internet.”

“That’s right, Cobalt. They do have an electric fence with cameras around the property. I think they use it to keep out the large animals we know about. But, birds and flying insects are no problem over head.”

They all smile, “Yes it is, father.”

“Well, I need to buy some food for three weeks. Who is staying and who is coming with me?”

We’ll stay, Omega.”

“So will we, father.”

“That’s very good, Tiger, Tigress and Traphel. I’ll take Victor, Victoria, Lavan, Bianca, Amber and Cobalt with me. But, first let’s see if there are any open produce markets here.”

“Yes, mother. We need to know that.”

I open my laptop and turn it on. Once I give the password to logon, I then access the internet here. I soon find three open markets in the area. “It looks like there is one nearby and the other two are downtown.”

“So, let’s go to the nearest one, father.”

“Yes we will, Lavan.” I write down the address and do a rough map drawing to get there. I also check for supermarkets as well. I noticed several are nearby as well. I take out my car sticker in my pocket and put it on the dining table. “That sticker will be going on my car tomorrow morning. So, leave it there for now, Tigress.”

“Yes, mother.”

The six fairies fly into my two front shirt pockets and get nice and comfortable. Soon I feel their heartbeats in rhythm with mine. I leave the apartment and lock the door. I get in the car. They change into butterflies and sit on the front passenger seat. I buckle up, turn on the engine and drive to the nearest open market.

Once I get there, they fly out as soon as I get out of the car and lock it. While I wander around to see what is available, they are fluttering high in the rafters of the building following me where I go. We see a good assortment of fresh food available. I pick out what I want for the next several weeks and for them. Once I paid for it, I walk back to the car. The fairies continue to flutter around me as I put the bags into the back seat floor board. They fly in quickly and take their rest.
I open a bag of nuts and small fruits for them to eat. I sense they are tired from their flying around.

“Thank you, father. Yes, we are hungry after that flight.”

I drive to a local supermarket that I know is good in the area. The fairies fly quickly into my shirt pocket again before I get out of the car and lock it up. I walk through the supermarket with a cart. They see I pick out some fresh chicken and fish for my meals. I also get some powdered milk, spices, butter, napkins, cans and frozen goods and other things I need in the apartment. I pay it with my debit card.

I get the purchases loaded into the car like before. I drive back to the Residence Inn and park in the parking lot. The fairies change into butterflies and fly around to find the balcony to the apartment. It takes me several trips to bring the groceries to the apartment and where they belong in refrigerator and the cupboards.

I walk out to the balcony and stand there. Soon some birds fly by to check me out. They soon verified what they heard is true from the other birds. The Omega Unicorn is on Earth. I blow some of my breath into the air. They chirp and squawk with delight. Then they leave to go back to their nests or find their next meal.

I make my first meal in the apartment. The fairies are gathered around on the table surface. Once I give the thanks to the Creator, we have our evening meal. We get done in time for me to take a drive to the nearest park to watch the sunset. We watch the clouds change colors as the sun sets in the West. Then we see the stars come out for the evening. We clap our hands and give thanks to the Creator for another day. I drive back to the apartment for all of us to get a good night’s sleep. The fairies find their places in the apartment. Traphel with his fairy escort are sleeping the living room area. My six fairies are in my bedroom. I
set the clock for 6 AM to wake us up. In case your wondering, I left the board I made displaying the twelve unicorn mane hairs back at the cabin in Mt. Blanc.

All of our dreams are peaceful. I don’t feel any ill will from the ones I met earlier today. I have encountered those types of male engineers before on campus.

All you have to do is teach a few moves to the ladies. Once they get the nerve pinch done right on the elbow, the men back off with no problems.

We wake up in the morning when the alarm goes on. I turn it off. I get up and see them slowly getting awake. I open the sliding glass doors and the screen door open four inches. I grab several bowls and fill them with the mountain water from my satchel, I recite the spell to refill it. I make sure there is enough pieces of the flower scented soaps I brought with me from the cabin are set out for the fairies. Once I see their towels and wash cloths are placed there, I go in to take my hot shower. I get myself nice and clean for the day. I walk back into my room and see
them getting dressed for the day. I get myself dressed with a nice buttoned shirt, slacks and dress shoes.

I go out to the kitchen to get my breakfast and lunch together. For lunch I put a salad together, apple and a cup of yogurt. I put a blue ice pack into the cooler and some utensils. I then make my breakfast of cereal, milk and some apple juice. The fairies get their meal as well this morning. I give a quick morning thanks to the Creator. Once we get done eating and cleaned up.

Traphel and his fairy escorts are staying behind to watch the apartment. My six fairies change into butterflies and flutter around to my car. I make sure to bring the car sticker with me, my laptop, pens, a notebook with my hand written notes and a some blank paper and the lunch cooler. I walk out of the apartment and lock it up.
I step down the stairs and walk out to my car and unlock it. The fairies flutter into the car quickly. I put my things on the passenger side front seat. I put the sticker on the inside part of the windshield as I was told yesterday. I get in the car and turn on the engine. I leave by 7:15 AM.

I arrive there by 7:45 AM. I sign in at the front gate and drive into the parking lot. I look around to see if there is shady spot for the car. I see most of them already taken. So, now I find the nearest spot to the front. When I get out of the car, the butterflies fly out of my car. They search for the court yard and the woods to the west. I lock the car and bring my things with me. I walk through the front doors and up to the front desk. I show the guard my drivers license.

“Thank you, Richard. Here is your ID card. I’ll let Mr. Bryson know you are here.”

“Thank you, sir.”

I swipe the card on the scanner, then I put it around my neck. The guard calls for Mr. Bryson. Then he puts the phone down. “He’ll be here shortly.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Two minutes later, Mr. Bryson shows up in the front lobby. “Good morning, Richard. It looks like you are ready for class.”

“In a way it is, sir. I have everything with me.”

“Good, follow me please.”

We stop by the break room to drop off my cooler that has my lunch in it. I follow Mr. Bryson down several hallways. He then opens a door that leads to a loading bay area. I see my crate there, sitting on a pallet.
Two men take off the lid to the crate. I look down in the crate and see everything I put in there.

“Where are we going to set this up, Mr. Bryson?”

“We have a room already set up. It is in one of our teaching rooms.”

I put my stuff down on the floor. A four wheel cart with two shelves is brought in closer. I undo the wrapping and put the box of finger pointers, speakers, cameras, cords and cabling and the transmitters on the bottom shelf. The PC unit is placed on the top shelf.

A worker asks me a question, “Richard, where is the keyboard and monitor?”

“I used my laptop for the initial interface when I started building it. Once I got it built and running, the laptop is no longer needed.

“If you say so.”

Mr. Bryson and I smile at each other. I pick up my things as we walk back to the offices. A worker pushes the cart as we follow Mr. Bryson back through the doors and down the hallways. He opens a door and we all walk inside. I see about fifty people there. Each row of tables is higher than the one in front of the other row. They quiet down as we walk in.

I smile at the crowd. “Yes, it is just like in college. Now I’m the teacher.”

We hear a round chuckling and giggling at my remark. We put the pieces on the table on the main floor. I start assembling the 3D System. I walk around the room and put the cameras on the walls in various locations. They have a sticky surface so I can stick them to the walls. I put the holo-transmitters on another table to the right as I face the audience. I hook my laptop to the overhead projector system. I see Mr. Bryson, Mr. Parker, the worker who brought in the equipment from the loading bay area. I also see manufacturers, secretaries, engineers and other people in the room. I then look at the audience to begin my
speech.

“I think before we begin. Who has kept up with the news about my 3D System?”

I see all of the hands go up.

“That’s good. First question, what happened at the first trial?”

An engineer speaks up, “You have a five-password system, if given correctly it will recognize your voice and revolve it to the next sequence when you logon. You also put it into your folders and programs.”

“That’s right. Why did I do that?”

“Because the current password models are known and breakable.”

“That’s right. Now my inspiration for the 3D System came from several sources. The first one is the special effects that we have seen on TV and the movie theaters.” I look at Mr. Bryson momentarily. “There was another experience you might say was an out of this world experience. I then look around the room again.

Mr. Bryson smiles to himself. I knew it. My contact with the Colonel at the air base is right. The Creator is right about Richard.

“I knew that we were progressing to a holographic interface. I also knew the photon CPU is the way to go. It transcends the electron by leaps and bounds. The heat generated by the photon based motherboards and the chip sets are very small. I looked at the current technology in holographic projections, again a lot of heat is produced by the devices. The idea for the frame stop and multiple cameras employed in the classic Matrix movies is a step in the right direction. I need to
create a true 3D interface and there has to be multiple CPUs involved. How many CPUs are needed to do it?”

Then some people speak up. “Five.” “Eight.” “Three.”

“Six.” “Four.”

“Who said six?”

“I did Richard. There are six sides to a cube.”

“I chose six for the same reasons. But if there are six CPUs in here, where or how would I begin in joining the connections together so they all work together in harmony and have no conflicts with the boards and wiring paths?”

“That is a problem, Richard. How did you do it?”

“Let’s open it up.” I remove the side panel and lay it on the table.

“Whoa!!”

“That’s incredible. I see a six sided CPU core. You created a frame to support it. There are six mother boards and six power supplies.”

“This is too much. What are your hard-drives?”
I used the latest ones on the market. The total is in the Tera-Byte range.”

“What about your DVD drives, did you change that?”

“I created my own DVD’s. It still uses the current DVD laser writers.”

“I see you use fiber optic cabling between CPUs and the motherboards.”

“Yes, I did. The hard part was to create a true 3D interface. I had it pictured in my mind what I wanted to do. I just needed to find the materials to do it. The cameras are a wireless system. It is programmed that they can’t be hacked. The power supply for the cameras is a wafer based designed. You can increase the range of them by changing the element wafer combination. It is based on the conductivity in the water vapor in the air.”

“No way!”

“Yes way. These transmitters are actually holo-transmitters. The key ingredient is the magnetic rocks that produce our Aurora Borealis display in the sky.”

“Why did you use that, Richard?”

“That is the only part there that provides the magnetic field. When the laser inside the unit passes through the magnetic ore field, it displays the results I want. It is because they are photon sensitive. It is controlled by the CPU core by a set of sub-routines I wrote .” I open the small box on the table and pick up a metal pointer.

Some of the men snicker and laugh. Some of the ladies giggle.
“What is that, Richard? Are you making a fashion statement?”

“No, it is not fashion wear. These are my pointers to do the programming without a monitor. I designed a 3D keyboard to replace the use of the laptop once it is programmed.”

“All right, Richard. You wasted our time. I doubt it really works.”

“Oh it works, sir.” I put on the metal pointers on my finger tips.
I take my index finger and point in space in front of me. Then a 3D keyboard appears like magic with a five line display above it.

The people murmur among themselves. “What?!”

“How did you do that?”

“It is reverse projected from the cameras. This is the only time you can use this feature from the cameras. If the holo-transmitters are set further apart, I can transfer the 3D keyboard to them. Now I need to turn on the microphone.”

I type a series of commands on the display and hit enter.
I see the response on the display that the microphone is turned on.

“Computer, the password is theron-gramerton-physer-niner-vectron.”

Recognize password sequence and Richard Moore’s voice. Revolving password to the next sequence.

I then make the keyboard disappear by hitting a button on the image. “It is now a voice activated system. I will still need to keep these pointers on for some features. Computer, record images in this room for fifteen seconds. Then play back recording. Stop frame on last image.”

Recording images in the room for fifteen seconds.

After fifteen seconds, the space between the holo-transmitters shows a static cube. Then the scaled down image of the room is displayed within the four holo-transmitters.

“This is too much, Richard.”

“Now watch this.” I put my hands into the space and grab the image. Then I rotate the image so the other side is seen.”

“Now you have me really wondering what is going on.”

“This is the most fantastic piece of electronics ever.”

“How did you program the CPU core?”

“I’;l show you.” I move the transmitters further apart.

“Computer, display CPU core. The password is lychos-terraine-ashraet-polyther-kilomon.”

Recognize password sequence and Richard Moore’s voice pattern. Revolving password to next sequence. Displaying CPU core.

Then the image changes and the CPU core is shown in 3D in the space. They see virtual lines connecting the various ports on the CPUs. For some of the engineers they see a pattern emerging. They also see some icons connected by a line to a CPU port. I use my hands to turn the image.

“How did you draw those lines?”

“With these metal tip pointers. The power is based on induction from my own body. There is light sensor chip on the end of these tips. It too is sensed in the 3D space.” I take my finger and draw a line in a corner of the 3D space.

“This is incredible, Richard. What are those icon tags in hanging in space?”

“I created a short hand notation for each of the six CPUs. Within the Icon contains the code that points to where it will connect with another part of the CPU. Hence you get a cleaner look of the CPU core. Now some of you might remember I used gates with this system.”

“That’s right, Richard. I know of least two gates you mentioned during the trial. How many gates are there?”

“There are four gates to get in. All of the ports are accounted for and going through the gates. If you are adaptive enough with a virus to get through all four and the fire wall, then you can access the hard-drive to get the information. The problem now is that your virus has been added to the virus database, then you go through four different gates on the way out. Now the gates will know what is coming. You will now be blocked and can’t get out.”

“Can I overload it and push what I want?”

“No, you can’t. Once the first gate determines an overload of either data or energy. The gates will turn into dams to block the onslaught. If any of it gets by, then the fire wall will snuff out the rest of it. Then it will automatically reboot and dump the overloaded data or energy. Also the core program is protected by the four gates as well.”

“If I’m a regular user. How is it used?”

“If you are accessing accounting for example, you would logon with your voice and password. Then you have access to the accounting program.”

“Do we have to use your five-password program or can we use the old password we have been using?”

“You will have to use your voice to say the password. If the password is correct, then your voice print gets added to the system for future reference. If you use the one word for the password, you will get a reminder to change the password every thirty days. If you use the five-password system, you will need to know the formula so you will know what it will revolve to. The five-password will be for the CPU core programmers and myself. It is imperative all ports are accounted for
in the gate system. If you leave one open and unaccounted for, then it is your fault when that system gets hacked.”

“How are the images recorded?”

“I experimented again.” I pick up a DVD and show it to them. It has a new has new substrate on the surface. I found a way to grow a crystal layer onto the surface. Then the images and data can be recorded. The memory of this DVD is now much larger. That is not all my friends. Now I will make this CPU box disappear.”

I move the four holo-transmitters around the PC box. I point in space to bring up the 3D keyboard again. I type some code. Then I press a button on the keyboard. With each hit, the PC slowly becomes invisible.

“Are there any other questions?”

Everyone looks around at each other. They can’t believe what they have seen. We then hear a thunderous clapping of hands from everyone.

The crowd quiets down when Mr. Bryson steps up front. “Now we have an opportunity to do something new. I think we can rework those motherboards and power supplies and get them down to three of each. The nice thing about these parts, it is current technology.”

“I agree, Mr. Bryson. That cooling system is one of the best units on the market. You must have optimized the balance between the heat, the air movement and the temperature of the air, Richard.”

“I did. Once I learned the max heat output I started to adjust the cooling system so it will kick on sooner. The only warm spot is the air space within the CPU core.” I go to my laptop and open my design folder. I page through the documents, soon they see my notes and drawings that I created. “That is the cleaned up version. Inside this notebook are my hand written notes and drawings.”

“Okay, Secure-Sys, this is our new challenge. Richard will now teach our engineers how he did this. Hopefully he can show us how he created the virtual images in space here. Remember, he used his laptop as the initial interface until the 3D version is up and running.”

Everyone claps again. They stand and walk to the front of the room. I shake hands with them as they leave the room. The ones who stay behind are the engineers.

“Richard, before we get started. We need to get that transponder into your car. There is a loading bay on the right hand side as you came in this morning.”

“Yes, sir. Engineers, you might as well start taking a look at my notes. While I do this.”

“That is no problem, Richard. It will give us time to talk it out and come up with more questions when you get back.”

“Okay.” I leave the room with Mr. Bryson.
The engineers start going over my hand written and printed out notes in my notebook. They take notes in their notebooks on what I did.
I walk out through the front doors of the building and out to my car. I get in and drive it around to the right side of the building. I see a garage door rolling up. As soon as the opening is high enough I bring in the car into the bay. I get out of the car and see several workers there. The transponder is sitting on a cart.

“Where is this transponder going to be installed?”

“In the trunk space.”

“I’ll have to clear out my trunk. There are some things still in there.”

“Okay.”

When I open the trunk, they see my armor.

“What is that, Richard?”

“That is my armor.”

“We better get Mr. Bryson here to verify this.”

A message gets sent to Mr. Bryson. He soon shows up in the loading bay and sees my armor in the trunk. “I remember you wearing this under your graduation robe.”

“I did, Mr. Bryson. The police and I were playing it safe on that day.”

“That was good thinking ahead. It is no problem, men, continue with the installation. Richard also has a Shaolin brown sash as well.”

“Yes, sir.”

We take the armor out of the trunk. It takes about an hour to install the transponder in the trunk. It is located in a space behind a panel in the trunk space. Then the armor is put back in the trunk. I then drive the car back out to the parking lot area. This time I find a further spot away from the building.

I walk back inside to the building and into the classroom. I see the engineers are ready to ask me some more questions. It takes the rest of the morning to answer half of their questions. We then break for lunch. I walk back to the break room to pick up my cooler. I then walk out to the garden area. I see butterflies and my fairies in butterfly mode going from flower to flower. I walk to a bench and table under a tree. I get out my lunch. My fairies see me and flutter to where I’m sitting down. Some land on the table, some sit on a tree branch. We whisper to each other to discuss how the morning went.

“This area is really nice, father. We definitely have our fill of nectar here. The woods eventually lead to a nearby river.”

“That’s good.”

“How did your morning go?”

“They were very surprised by the invention, Cobalt. They put a transponder in the trunk space.”

“Did they question the armor?”

“They did. But, Mr. Bryson confirmed it I wore it at the graduation ceremonies.”

Then I see a couple of people walking toward me to have their lunch. The butterflies take off from the table and flutter up to the tree branches.

“Hello, Richard.”

“Hello. What are your names again?”

He smiles, “my name is Randy.”

The lady speaks up, “my name is Sharon. That is the most fantastic piece of electronics I have ever seen. We can easily imagine several different applications with it.”

“I’m sure you have. If you take a Yugioh playing card and have it scanned by the cameras, it will display the character in full form.”

“That would be something to see. I can see it used in the medical field to put the slices from the CAT scan together.”

“I thought that too, Sharon. We’ll have to come up with a new menu so the items can be deleted and see further into the body.”

“That is a great idea to use those metal pointers. It beats having a glove on or wearing a helmet to view the images.”

“It certainly does.”

We continue eating our lunch. When we get done, we go back into the building and continue in the classroom. By the time it becomes 5 PM, my brain is exhausted. I answered a bunch of questions this afternoon. The engineers agree the main task is to make another copy of what I have created. That way they understand what is going on. Getting the parts is no problem, it is how the new technology is put together and understood.

We leave at 5 PM. As soon as I open the door, my fairies flutter in quickly into the car. I get in as well.

“Oh, my head. I almost forgot what it is like to be in college.”

“Well, you will feel better after the evening meal.”

“Yes I will, Bianca. Croin, what do you think of the day so far?”

“It is not too bad. This is a new experience for me as well. So, far I don’t sense any problems here.”

“I don’t either, Croin.” I arrive back at the Inn. I get out of the car, the butterflies fly out quickly. They fly around to the balcony and wait for me to open it up.

Once the balcony is opened, they fly in quickly. I get out of my clothes and get into some more comfortable clothes and tennis shoes. I make a nice evening meal with some chicken. I also cook up the rest of the chicken breasts I put the cooked chicken in plastic bags and put them in the freezer.

The fairies get their meal put together as well with the paper bowls provided for them. I sit down at the table and give the evening thanks to the Creator.

Once we get done eating and cleaned up, I drive out to the nearby park to see another sunset and see the stars come out. I drive back to the Inn and get ready for
bed.

“It is going to be like this again tomorrow my fairies. I’m just taking it day by day. Right now I need to go to bed. My head is pounding from all of the thinking and talking I did today.”

“We feel your exhaustion, father.”

Lavan sets the alarm clock to be on. I get to bed at about 10 PM. Some of my fairies sing a restful melody to help ease my mind and get to sleep quicker. The dreams were all from the past. I saw family, the friends I made on Twainor. I even found myself sitting on the bench in the flower garden in heaven. However, no one came to me this time. All I see is the beauty of the place and smell the flowers.

The rest of the week continues at the same pace. I taught everyday this week. By the time Thursday comes, they start to understand how I think and in creating the new pieces and 3D virtual drawings for the keyboard, the CPU core, the cameras, the holo-transmitters, etc.
Friday, I get invited into the manufacturing building. I am shown several white rooms. All of the engineers, Mr. Bryson are showing me around the facility.

Once the frame is constructed for the core, it will be put together there. It will be the same for the cameras and the holo-transmitters. I did the same thing back at NC State in assembling those components there, Mr. Bryson. Once I got the static cube to display, I had to use my laptop to make the adjustments until the flashing cursor appeared in the corner of the cube space.

“Did you use an existing keyboard template for yours, Richard?”

“I did, George. The five line display above the keyboard is my own idea.”

“That’s good, then we can put several different kinds in there for the user to choose from.”

After seeing the different stages of manufacturing we see what else they are making there. I see they are constructing alarm systems for windows and doors along with cameras as well.

“This can easily be added to your system to make it more comprehensive.”

“I think it should be an either or system, Mr. Bryson. If one part gets compromised, you still have a back up in place.”

They all smile at each other. “Yes, it should have a back up system, Richard. But what about the 911 stations? Shouldn’t they get this as well?”

“They should, Randy. It will provide a live feed to them for an additional video recording. I was even thinking of putting this in my attorney’s office for backup. Then my parent’s house can be monitored better. Ms. Dawson said that most people only have one camera on the front door with sensors on the doors and windows. Even then, the thief will do a smash and grab before the police shows up. They know how to disable the current video systems.”

“I agree, Richard. More angles are needed around the property. Engineers, figure out how to put both systems in place and work them together.”

“Yes, Mr. Bryson.”

We leave for the weekend and enjoy a nice restful time to wind down from the first week. When Monday approaches again, I begin in earnest in helping them build another 3D System. Slowly the pieces come together in the PC box and with the peripheral devices. They picked out several different kinds of keyboard layouts to choose from. They soon see the trial and error I did in making sure the pieces work. Some of the pieces came easier than others.

During one afternoon, I do some self-defense sessions with those who want it. Most of the ladies do and a few men. I show them several pressure points to get someone off of them if they get grabbed from behind. They all giggle and laugh at seeing my reaction when they learned it the right way.

The next day, one of the male engineers tried to do a butt grab on a lady engineer. She immediately turns around and grabs his wrist bending it back. Then she quickly pinches him in the elbow.

“Owww!”

“Now keep your hands of me, Thadeus! That’s just a warning. Just do your job like you’re supposed to before you get fired for harassment.”


“Yes, Carol. I get the message. Oooh . . . that really hurts.” He continues to rub his elbow as he walks away.

When we did our first trial hook up, they get the static cube. They are laughing and giggling that they get this far with it. Then I show them the subroutine I wrote to get that static cube to disappear and get the cursor flashing in the corner. They put on the metal pointers and draw some virtual lines in space. They see it drawn within the cube space of the holo-transmitters.

They went through each step I did to create the 3D System. There were some more long and exhausting days there. My fairies gently prodded me to eat and do things before I went to bed each night. We were able to get a copy made during the three weeks I’m there. We have a nice little celebration in the break room with cake.

“Congratulations team, you did that a lot faster than I did it back in college.”

“Like you said, Richard. It is a team effort. Now we know what to do to make it more streamlined and efficient. We can see how we can reduce the pieces to three motherboards and three power supplies. We’ll still keep that cooling system. There is no need to change that.”

Mr. Bryson informs me I will be here two months from now to see how you are doing in the mass production design stages.

“Yes, you’ll need to be here for that. We’ll get some preliminary designs made up for the new boards, the peripherals and the documentation you created.”

After we have our fun on Friday. I get to drive back to the Inn to get packed up over the weekend. I leave the Inn on Sunday morning and drive down on I-95 southbound to Jacksonville. We now expect a little more routine in our lives now. Mr. Bryson gave me three apartments to look at. They all have similar landscapes and two story balconies not far from the main office. I look at each one for a half hour. I then decide on which one with the help from my fairies. Once our decision has been made, we go back to the apartment complex to make the deposits on the apartment. I chose a two bedroom apartment with a second storym balcony. The balcony is open to the air and not screened in.

The other two apartments had their balconies screened in. I then call the movers to arrange a day to bring my stuff down. I spend several nights in a local hotel until the stuff arrives. Pay the deposits for the electric and phone. I transfer my drivers license to the State of Florida. Set up my personal bank accounts with the local branch from North Carolina. By Thursday, everything is done. Mr. Bryson gives me the weekend to get myself settled in the apartment and calm downed. My fairies enjoy the natural atmospheric setting of the apartment complex. I am about a half hour from the office on the west side of Duval County.
During the weekend I take a drive to the office with my fairies. We wanted to take a look at the place and get familiar with it. I park in the empty parking lot and get out. My fairies follow me in butterfly mode as we take a walk. We see several flower gardens, trees, benches and a tables under several trees. We really like what we see.

Soon some birds take notice of me and the butterflies. I introduce myself to them and blow some of my breath into the air. They chirp and squawk with delight and fly away.

There is no river nearby this time, but there is a large natural pond on the edge of the property. We really like it. They take a sip of nectar from the nearby flowers to get their energy restored before getting into the car. I then walk back to the car and drive back to the apartment, my fairies flutter into the car to get their rest.

I arrive at the office on Monday morning at 7:45 AM. My fairies flutter out of my car and fly to the flower gardens and the trees. I walk into the front lobby area. I use my ID card to swipe it under the reader.

The front desk secretary greets me. “Welcome to Jacksonville, Richard.”

“Thank you, Karen.”

“Mr. Bryson will be here soon.”

“Thank you, Karen.”


Mr. Bryson appears in the foyer area. “Good morning, Richard. Is everything settled down in the apartment?”

“It is for now. At least I have my own laundry room. I went for the two bedroom apartment and the second floor balcony that is not screened in.”

“hat is about a half-hour from here. Excellent. Well, let me give you another tour here of your new home away from home.”

We smile at each other.

“Yes, the library on campus is like that as well.”

I follow Mr. Bryson and shown the various offices and employees of the two story building. I drop off my lunch cooler in the break room before we begin the tour. There is a printing facility to publish the software products. I greet each one in turn. There is one employee in particular that unsettled me.

In this room, we have our Senior Programmer. He opens the door. He looks up from his desk. “Brent Morgan, I would like to introduce our latest employee, Richard Moore from NC State.”

“I’m pleased to meet you. So you are fresh from college. You will soon realize what you learned in college doesn’t apply here.”

“That might be true. But it is always helpful to have a fresh set of eyes to look at a problem and solve it.”

I shake hands with him. Then I get a very unsettling feeling from him. I look at him eye to eye as we feign our smiles at each other.

He’s trouble, Richard.

I think your right, Croin. I have a very bad feeling about him. Not just for me, for the company as well.

We’ll have to keep an eye on him.

We all will, Richard.

Then he increases his hand strength in my hand as if to intimidate me.

I keep my hand strength hidden from him.

He shows a stupid smirk smile on his face as we let go of our hands.

Mr. Bryson then takes me from his office to meet some more people. I sense there is something brewing underneath about four more people in the company. He then steps up to a door and takes his card and swipes on the reader nearby. The door unlocks and we walk inside. I greet their R&D Department personnel.

“Doug Reynolds and Beth Pearson, this is Richard Moore. He is our new employee here at Secure-Sys.”

“I read some news about you, Richard. That was a good show for your graduation ceremony.”

“Thank you, Doug.”

“What is your position here?”

I look to Mr. Bryson for an answer.

“Richard is very talented in security programming. He will be verifying the security programs before they get burned to the DVDs, along with Brent. He’s one of the best I have seen for several decades. You need to check with our Charleston office to see what he is doing there for us there.”

“I’ll definitely look it up, Mr. Bryson.”

After we have our small talk, we leave the R&D Department. We walk down the hallway and arrive at another secure room. Mr. Bryson takes his card and swipes it on the reader. The door unlocks and we walk inside. I see several very large computer systems that are intended to run 24-7 a week. “This here is our Security Chief, Ben Hawkins and one of his assistants David McGuire.”

“We are please to meet you, Richard. Welcome to Jacksonville.”

“Thank you, sir.”

Mr. Bryson gives the same information them in what my job is here at Secure-Sys. Once we have our small talk again, I’m escorted out of the room. Mr. Bryson walks down the hallway until we get into a larger room with about ten people in the room.

“This here is our programming staff. They churn out the programs. This empty cubicle is yours, Richard.”

“Welcome to the jungle here at Secure-Sys, Richard. My name is Michael Pearson. I’m no relation to Beth in R&D.” He smiles at me.
I shake hands with each of them. “What is your job here?”

“From what I heard from Mr. Bryson here. I will be verifying the security programs before they get burned to the DVDs.”

“Wow, you must be very good if you just graduated from NC State. Mr. Bryson, can we give him a program to debug to test him out?”

I look at Mr. Bryson and smile, “I’m game, Mr. Bryson.”

“Then let’s see you can find the problem.”

I sit down at my chair of my cubicle. I am handed a lengthy printout of the program. It is five pages long. I start at the top and do a fast read of what is printed there. From the comments it is for a check of authorization before it is sent to accounting.

I then go through the program again more carefully as I follow the path of data. I see five errors in the program. Three of them are typos, I circle those in pencil.

For the two remaining errors, they are syntax errors. I write in pencil off to the right what I think it should be. Once I mull over it some more, I turn around in my chair to face them. It took fifteen minutes to do it. I hand the printout to Mr. Bryson.

“This is good, Richard. Here you go, Darrell. What do you think now?”

Darrell takes a look at the printout. “He’s right, sir. The three typos are very significant but it throws it off the sequences. The two syntax errors are definitely evident now. He’s good, Mr. Bryson.”

Out of the corner of my eye I see Brent Morgan listening in. Once we make eye contact, he turns around and leaves the room.

The printout gets passed around for everyone to look at it. Everyone agrees with Darrell that I found the problem. I was then given more programs to go over the rest of the day. Some took a little longer than others, but by the end of the day I get all of them done. When I get done with each one, I put the printout in Brent Morgan’s inbox near his door.

When I break for lunch, I take my lunch cooler out to a bench and table under a tree. My fairies flutter around and join me. We
whisper to each other and talk about the day. There is something wrong here, my fairies.

“What is it, father?”

“My horse sense is giving me a very bad feeling from Brent Morgan. I think there are four more who are unsettled here as well.”

“We’ll keep an eye out for them.”

My fairies tell me they really like this area with the pond. We do some small talk again. When I get done with my lunch I walk back inside to do some work this afternoon. After doing some more proofing of the programs by 5 PM. We all leave the building.

The next day I am given a chance to write my own program and compare it with the others. It takes me about two hours to write out the flow diagram and subroutines I want to use. I then type in the program on the monitor and do a debug check. I get four typos and three syntax errors. I soon find them and correct the errors. I then rerun the program and get no errors. I printout the program for others to see and read.

“This is incredible, Richard. This is very good programming. You’ve made it more protective with those permissions. I doubt anyone will be able to hack that.”

Once it is passed around, I take the printout and put it in Brent’s inbox. I see the stack of printouts in his inbox with about four left.
I continue through the day. One time as I walked past Brent’s closed door, I hear some controlled yelling as Brent tries to stifle his anger.
“Grr . . . this guy is too good. He’s making me look bad. I need to do an emergency email to my associates.”

I continue walking down the hallway to the break room to get a drink of water. Once I drink the cup of water, I walk back to my desk to continue to work.

The end of the day comes again. I go back home with my fairies inside my car. I check my emails from our South Carolina branch. I read they are doing real good in getting the boards redesigned. They can’t wait for me in two months to see their progress.

In the middle of October I get a surprise visit from the North American fairies. They all settle around the apartment complex and the balcony garden I created. While King Oren, Queen White Dove and I have our talks, we notice Victor and Victoria are talking deeply with two fairies in King Oren’s troop.

King Oren looks at me. “Omega, they are falling in love with them.”

“Sigh . . . I see it King Oren. They will be going with you when you fly south in a few days.”

“Have no worries, Omega. They will be safe with us.”

“I know Queen White Dove. It is part of the life cycle. Amber and Cobalt explained it to me one day while I was back at the cabin.”

A few days later, we said our goodbyes and look forward to see each other next year. Victor and Victoria give me some long hugs and tears.

“Be at ease you two. Your hearts are now tied to your soul mates. You have grown up and are now part of King Oren’s clan. We still have our bond that I gave birth to the both of you.”

“We know father. We’ll both miss you. As long as we have a tuft of your hair in our clothes, we are reminded where we are from.”

“As Traphel and the other three fairies are with you representing King Oren. We are with King Oren representing you.”

“Thank you for saying that Victoria. It has helped eased my heart when you said that.”

They hugged my cheeks and kissed it. We look at each other, eye to eye. They touch my tears with their hands and tasted it. “It is salty and sweet, mother.”

They touched their tears and bring it to my lips.
“Those tears are sweet, Victoria.”

“Let this taste of our tears be a good memory, mother.”

“I will Victoria. I will.”

Then they fly away from me. They change into viceroy butterflies and leave my apartment. They join King Oren’s troop and fly south for the Winter in Florida.

Two weeks later on a Saturday night after we had dinner, I drive out to the nearest park to watch the sunset. After our clapping our hands for seeing a great
sunset, I look at the night sky and give a heavy sigh. “Sigh . . .”

“What’s on your mind, father?”

“Is it for Victor and Victoria?”

“It is Bianca and Lavan. I miss them very much. Their wings are from the viceroy butterflies.”

“You know where they are at. They are with King Oren and Queen White Dove. They aren’t alone.”

“I know, Bianca. There with me for five months when they came by to fly south to Florida. I gave birth to them in the cabin before the trial. It is something I will have to get used to my fairies.”

When the two months come, the company already has my room ready at the Residence near the airport. I pack what I need this time. I bring one box of potted
flowers and herbs this time. Traphel is sending one of his fairy escorts with us while they remain behind to watch the apartment. The fairy’s name is Brushwind. When we arrive in Charleston, we are greeted with a surprise. Brushwind’s soul mate is there to welcome us, along with two other fairies. Her name is Blue-lace. She has a gorgeous set of blue tint in her wings for a zebra swallowtail butterfly. They immediately give each other a long hug as they miss each other so much.

I spend the next month again in seeing what they have accomplished. They made a third copy of my 3D System on their own successfully. I am shown the drawings for the new boards and components. They were able to get those registered for patents as well. When it comes to the CPU core, I see they haven’t done anything new there. They did register the frame to support the six CPUs. The cameras and holo-transmitters proved there was no changes needed there.
They did find some new element combinations to increase the range of the cameras. They were able to create a selection for the homeowner and the business versions. Each one covers a certain footage area for each application.

I checked their attempts of programming the CPU core. I found a few lines they missed. They did agree that using the icons is easier to program it that way.

The rest of the year proved to be the same plan of action. I would be in Jacksonville for two months, then one month in Charleston. By the end of the year, the 3D System is in full production. The first two orders are sold to the Raleigh Police Department and the radar installation where Colonel Lawson is stationed. A week after installation at the air force base, all hackers got stopped from trying to take down the system. Soon more orders are made for the 3D System. My commission checks from selling the devices increases dramatically. Soon, Anna Dawson starts investing some of my earnings to help diversify my money. Her
income picks up as well when her clients and new ones requesting the 3D System for their new security system.

I get a system installed at my parent’s house two months after full production. They also created a gaming version for the system. Soon there is a renewed interest in playing the Yugioh card games and the other popular card games. None of the units sold have the capability to make the units invisible. That sub-routine was immediately removed from the core program.

My first full year ends quietly at Secure-Sys in August of 2102. I have just given birth to two more fairies. They are red winged butterflies. Their names are Ruby and Rubio. Just when I think things are going smoothly, I get a call on my cell phone from Anna Dawson in September while at work.

“Richard, you need to come home. Someone broke into your parent’s house.”

“What? I’ll be right there as soon as I can. Where will I stay?”

“I’ll put you up in a hotel. Come to my office first when you get here tomorrow.”

“Okay.” I get up and walk to Dave Parker’s office. I knock on the door.

“Enter.”

I open the door and walk inside.

“Hello, Richard. What can I do for you?”

“I just got a call from Anna Dawson. Someone broke into my parent’s house.”

“That is not good news at all. How long do you think it will take to resolve the matter?”

“I don’t know. I will probably be there for a week at least.”

“I would think so too, Richard. Okay, you can take seven days of your vacation time for this. You can clock out for the rest of the day.”

“Thank you, sir. I’ll be leaving tomorrow morning.”

“Give me news if you need to stay there longer.”

“Yes, sir. Thank you, sir.” I step out from his office. I walk back to my cubicle to pick up my things and laptop.
“Where are you going, Richard?”

“I going back to my parent’s house, Darrell. I just got word someone broke into it.”

“That’s too bad, Richard. Take care until we see you again.”

“See you, everyone.”

I walk out of the building and towards my car. My fairies see me coming out early. They flutter to me quickly. I whisper to them.
“Get in the car. I have to do an emergency trip to the house in Charlottesville.”

They all fly in quickly. I get in the car and turn on the engine.

“What happened, father?”

“I just got word somebody broke into my parent’s house. I think there is more to it.”

“Oh, no. . . What will you do?”

“I don’t know yet, Ruby. Right now, I’m going home early to pack up for the week. We’ll take it day by day.”

“Yes, we will, mother.”

I drive back to my apartment and get myself cleaned up and packed up for the week. Traphel and the other fairies are disappointed in hearing the news. They will stay behind to watch the apartment, while I take my own fairies with me.

I try to get a good night of sleep. It was a little rough for the first hour being so wound up. But eventually I fell asleep by 11 PM. I wake up in the morning at 7 AM this time instead of 6 AM. I plan to be on the road by 8 AM. It is going take about six hours to get there. I give Anna a call telling her when I should be there.

She appreciates the phone call ahead of when to expect me.
I get my luggage into the car. I also bring several bags of nuts and small fruits for the fairies. They all settle in where they want to sit in the car. They are all out of sight behind the front seat. Sometimes they come to the front passenger seat to be near to me.

I continue down the road and drive to Charlottesville and Anna Dawson’s office. It will be interesting to see where this investigation leads.

I arrive at Anna Dawson’s office by 2 PM. My fairies are fluttering around the building staying near the flower gardens while I talk with Anna.

I open the door to her office. I see Brenda at her desk.

“Hello, Richard. I’m sorry you are here for this kind of situation.”

“I’m sorry, too.”

“I’ll let Anna know you are here.”

“Okay.”

“Is your extended family with you?”

“They are, Brenda. They are outside near the flower gardens.”

“That’s nice.” Brenda pushes a button on the intercom of the phone center on her desk.. “Richard is here.”

“He can come in, Brenda.”

I walk to the door and open them up and walk inside. “So, what is this about the house?”

“We will need to wait a bit, I am expecting some other people to be here; it is the police and the fire departments. Not only the house was broken into, it was also set on fire.”

“No, how much was burned up?”

“I do not know; I wanted to wait until the police detective is here with the fire marshal to give us a report on the situation. Then we will all go out to the house and survey the damage.”

On the speaker phone, “Miss Anna, the police and fire department are here as requested.”

Pushing down the button, “Yes, please show them in.”

The door opened and in walked a police detective and a fire marshal. The police detective spoke first, “Please to meet you. I am Detective Johnson. You are Richard? The one who installed the security setup for your house?”

“Yes, sir.”

“I understand there is a recording of this security breach? Where is it?”

“There is a wireless feed to this office and to the system at the 911 station here locally. If you do not mind we can review it here if you like.”

“That we would be great, go and please access it,” said the detective.

I walk to the storage space that houses the wireless set up. I open it up and set out the projectors on stands to project into the office space. I ask that the chairs and table be moved to the walls to make room for the image. When the system booted up; I swiped the magnetic-key card and entered the five-password. All of a sudden a 3D image appears of the house from the outside from a ground view. It even showed the time stamp in 3D near the corner of the viewed area.

“This is incredible Richard, where are the cameras located on the property?”

“I put them in protective shells just under the grass level, in the lamp-post, the bird feeder and other sites around the house. The camera heads are about 5 millimeters across. The bird feeder for example has its own power source and sends it signal wireless to the central server in the house. What you are seeing is a composite of all of the images put together to get a 3D look. We can take a look at any side view like watching a movie; we can pan it and zoom in closer for
details. There are cameras inside the house as well in various locations to do the same thing.”

“That is a great tool you designed, Richard,” said the fire marshal.

“Thank you. Let me get to the index to play the day before and hit play and see what we get.”

“Can you quick scan for the prior weeks and to focus on the street? I want to see if we get lurkers from traffic patterns there,” asks the detective.

“Sure, let me pan around and I will play it from the beginning, I will put the speed a little faster instead of real time; then slow it down to where we need the audio.”

Sure enough there was a vehicle that repeatedly stopped in front of the house for several days in a row; during the day and at night. The detective also picked out the make, the model, and the license plate of the van. It even had some lettering on it. The detective was shaking his head in disbelief on how dumb these criminals were. They even got to look around the house to see how they were to break in. They did not even notice the hidden cameras. I printed out pictures at certain points for the detective to take back to the station when he is done here.
Then the break-in arrived right at 2 PM.

The thieves broke in not realizing they set off the silent alarm. That is pretty daring to do it during the day. But it was a good time when nobody was out and about. The school buses were not due to arrive for another hour. They went right through the front door blasting out the door knob and where the hinges are located with a special air gun, it did not make too much noise. This was a serious duo; they have some sort of expertise.

I then switch to the inside cameras. It is amazing watching them going through the house in 3D in the lawyer’s office. Not only this software had video it had audio as well. The detective was able to get more clues from their talk. The thieves were not just looking for valuables, which they did not find any, except for the paste
objects I left as bait. They also each had a sensor to track. The real valuables were put into the bank vault when I buried my family. They were also looking for something else. They were tearing the place apart like crazy, the walls, the cushions, books everywhere looking for something.

<<<>>>

“It has to be here somewhere, come on Johnny where did you say he might hide it?”

“I know it is here somewhere, Allen. I remembered he bragged about it at work. He said it would be a real safety and time saver if incorporated at the company. He said it was small and simple enough to put into a bread box.”

“I can not believe it. What did you say, a bread box? Get to the kitchen.”

I switch to the kitchen cameras. You see them searching for the bread box.

“There is no bread box here Johnny. But that roll-up you see there.

“Roll up!?!” Allen goes over to the roll up and sees some appliances in there. Allen did not see anything right away, but he looked harder, “Hey, there is something taped on the inside here, I think I can reach it. Got it!!” He pulls out an envelope with a piece of paper folded up inside it. He opens it up and scans it. “This is it, this is his idea. Great I will take this home turn it around declare it my,| I mean our idea, and we will both get the reward money for the idea of the year. Come on Johnny let’s cover up our trail.”

The two thieves took one can of gasoline and poured it out everywhere, on the walls, the floors, everywhere. They lit the matches and rushed out of the home and sped away. The last images seen was the house engulfed in flames in the living room area. Then the projected room becomes a static cube when the power cable was burned by the fire.

<<<>>>

I then turn off the system; the room returns to normal. I then copy the recording and give a copy to the detective and the fire marshal.
Everyone sits there and ponder about what they saw. It was like watching a thriller type movie. When everyone calmed down, the detective spoke up.

“Well we know who, what, where, why and when. So, George what do you think,” asks the detective?

“It is very compelling. At least we know what to look for and where when we get to the house and the business,” said the fire marshal.

“I should say so, when we get there you three will have to remain outside the cordoned off area. It is still a dangerous place. I do not want anything falling down on you,” said the detective.

“That is no problem sirs. My assistant here will get the paper work going on her end to expedite the prosecution. You will have it on your desk after you get the two responsible for this.”

“Thanks again. You have a great system Richard; I am very impressed by it. I am glad we have it installed at the 911 station. I will make sure we get other cameras installed at other locations around town that need better security,” said the fire marshal.

“That is no problem. It is the least I could do to return the favor after I lost my family.”

“I am sorry for your loss. If there is anything you need done; please let us know, okay,” asked the detective.

“Uh, sirs to just let you know, I’m working for a company in Florida. They have a branch facility in Charleston where they are making the 3D System. Here are some of their cards if you need to get a hold of me.” I also hand a few cards to Anna as well.

“Thanks, Richard,” they both responded at the same time.

“I see that you are not far from here, Northeast part of Florida,” said the detective.

“Well I want a little warmer weather and to be closer to the beach like I was in college.”

“We understand that. Well let’s get to the house. You do have insurance on the place do you?” asked the fire marshal.

“You better believe it,” said Anna.

“Good, let’s go then,” said George.

We all caravan out to the house. It was stunning to see the loss that took place. Sure it had some memories. Some of them were good, some were bad. The entire living room is gutted with damage. Fortunately the fire trucks arrived to get it under control before it reached the second floor. They knew I wanted to find some sort of mementos to remember the place by, but I had most of them already in storage in the bank vault. But, they said I can comb through it afterwards once it is declared safe. There was not much to find.

There was a van that went by the scene that we did not notice while we were there. I just caught it out of the corner of my eye. I mentioned it to the detective. He appreciated the tip. He called on his radio and notified his team to be on the look out for the van. It turned out to be the same van from the 3D video. They followed the van back to the home owner’s house. Another dumb move by the thieves; it was not needed anyway. We knew who they were and where they worked.
Well, the story made the local news. The owner of the business met me and Anna and apologized for his employees’ bad behavior; because the next day they were fired and arrested. The owner promised that the money made from my dad’s idea would go to a charity that would benefit families who lost their homes as well.

Just to let you know, my dad worked at a manufacturing company that built tools and other assorted equipment. His idea was to make a tool that allowed the user to be safer and be more productive in making other tools. I guess I took after my dad in some way. His approach was mechanical engineering, mine was electronic and computer engineering.
I had to stay at a local hotel during this time. Kind of like living in the dorms; but it is a lot more comfortable. I met with Anna a few times more. I contacted Dave Moore that I will be back in the office come Monday. Before I left, I purchase a brand new car, free and clear. It is a hybrid with low miles, but at least it is a gas saver.

I said my goodbyes to Anna and her staff. I give her permission to start putting the calls in to contractors in getting the damage to the house inspected, appraised and rebuilt.

We promised to keep in contact from time to time. She is a good lawyer and friend. Friend . . .hmm . . . I sure do miss Brianna. I wonder how she is doing with life. I hope hers was easier than mine.

.

up
57 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Book 3 begins a new adventure

Hello BC Sci-fi fans,

Thus it begins with a new adventure for Richard Moore. The first 8 chapters are done. Nine and ten will be done soon.

These first set of chapters are done in parallel style. What that means, it will take two chapters to finish one day. We'll be seeing two different points of view when two people are talking to each other on the phone for example. In other words, what happens when each other hangs up the phone from their conversation?

By chapter 8 it then straightens out to a normal sequence. I will probably use it again for some chapters later in the story.

In the next chapter, Richard will have a flash back to that fateful night when the two families split apart. That was eluded to way back in Chapter 1 of Book 1 and other places Richard talked about. We'll see the details for it finally.

We'll see Brianna's life played out as well from that night as well.

I hope you enjoy it very much. This story is far from finished. I need to get typing tonight to keep up with the pace again. I might post chapter 2 next week to be on the safe side if I have to. I do have an outline for Book 3, it is just a matter of keeping up with it.

I will say this for now about these early chapters. They will be more heart pounding before everyone calms down again. But I will ratchet up the suspense again as always.

Have a great week everyone. Thank you for the comments and the voting in the first two books.

Rachel

The Omega Unicorn Chronicles Book 3 Rescue Mission Ch. 01

The break in and torching was no doubt related to Richard's traveling. But can' he take a few dwarf trees for foof for the Fairies?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

I've been wondering when

I've been wondering when Brianna would show up in the story, as Richard has been thinking about her recently. I do have this feeling that the two of them are their "soul mates" as Richard was told he would meet his soon. Great story this, and Richard's new computer creation seems very much like the Star Trek Holodeck system, along with the voice computer that drives the overall starships.

Star Trek tech talk

Hello Janice Lynn,

Thank you for noticing about the computer system Richard created. I remember watching the programs over the years. When the transporter came in use in the first series, I thought that was really cool. Then I read it came from another world. I think it came from the Vulcans. I could be wrong.

When the holodeck came out in later, I thought that was really cool. But we also see it used in CSI-NY a few times. So, I decided a grass roots approach to see it come about from scratch. I know the technology is more advance than I described it, but it is early ideas for it and rather simplified.

We'll also see it used to solve the warp engine problem as well. Even though Cray computers are the best, they are just too big to lug around. They are not portable at all. So, again I provide a simplified approach to the problem. To get away from the electron CPUs and move right into the photon CPUs.

We'll see this used for the card games like Yu-gi-oh and all other card games as well. The characters will come alive finally.

Well, Tuesday is my day off. I need to use it wisely and do a lot of things besides sleeping in another hour. Next week, it will be back to a normal schedule of five days.

Take care everyone. Have a great week one and all.
Rachel