TransGlimpses -4- Green Lantern Wishes

Printer-friendly version
 
Green Lantern Wishes
by Wanda Cunningham

This one is for Steve Z.


"If you could be a super hero, who would you want to be?" asked Tommy, not for the first time. At thirteen and fourteen, the guys were almost too old to be playing this game, or were beginning to think they were.

"That's easy," said George. "Superman of course."

"I think I'd rather be Thor," said Tommy. "And don't anybody hit me! I mean Thor, the thunder god!" He rubbed his upper arm reflexively.

"Superman could clean Thor's clock any day of the week," said George, grinning.

"Oh, yeah! Thor's got magic and he is a god! People worship him, that counts for something too!"

David said nothing while his friends argued the merits of being from Krypton or Asgard. He sat there very still and imagined it. The light would envelop him and fill him and he would feel the power.

His hair would grow out long and dark with golden highlights all through it. Past his waist, down to where he would have to worry about sitting on it. It would float out behind him when he flew.

His waist would nip in a bit, and his thighs would fill out, round and firm. His legs would be a little longer, the better to show off the curve of calf and ankle and the swelling of his round butt.

He felt his face coloring a little.

His eyes would be bigger, and green of course, with long dark lashes and a bit of color on the lids. His face would be cute and sexy, a little nose, a rounded chin and very full, very deeply red lips. He would wear earrings, emerald earrings of course.

His costume would be skintight and here he blushed even deeper. The green and black and gold suit he imagined would reveal as much as conceal. His chest would be narrow and his breasts would grow, almost too big for his narrow, delicate frame. Almost but not quite; they had to balance his other curves.

The costume would certainly be tight enough to leave no doubt that his sex had changed, crotch smooth and all the rest of the package of feminine beauty and sexiness and desirability. He smiled to think of it.

He wanted to have it all, power enough to face up to the big Kryptonian boyscout or even the Asgardian. Power and beauty and femininity. The hair, the face, the breasts, the butt, the legs, the costume. And a slender neck, graceful arms, delicate fingers; one of them wearing the ring....

"Aw!" complained Tommy. "Don't even ask Dave. He always wants to be Green Lantern."


Copyright 2000 by Wanda Cunningham


Excerpted from Transglimpses by Wanda Cunningham
transglimpsescov-3.jpg
up
90 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Dreams unspoken

laika's picture

I can really relate to Dave. If I'd ever had a conversation
like that at their age I would have been just like him,
saying something expected of me like Superman
while actually dreaming of being Powergirl.
(Supergirl's cute and all but what can I say? I'm greedy...)
~hugs, Veronica

I've lost count

of the times I've held up my right hand...waiting...hoping for the violet ring (from the Retcon Universe) to slide onto my finger. I've even said the pledge. Oh I know it;s make believe, but even if there's more of a chance of me winning the lottery while being eaten by a shark, than there is for something like that ring, but...well, there's still a lot of little girl in me that never had a chance to BE one...and she still hopes for some magic in her life.

Cathy

As a T-woman, I do have a Y chromosome... it's just in cursive, pink script. Y_0.jpg

TransGlimpses -4- Green Lantern Wishes

There is Jade, Allan Scott's daughter. She is a linked to her father's Green Lantern n a way that makes her a Lving Power Battery, not needing to recharge.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

giggles, I wanted to be Wonder Woman

I sent hours spinning like Linda Carter did on the TV show. But being Mary Marvel would be cool too.

DogSig.png

Green Lantern

Hi,

These TransGlimpses are really wonderful. Thank you Wanda for writing them and thank you Erin for migrating them.

Take this one. David knows what he wants and has shared his desires with his friend...who is still his friend. Very sweet and just what is required first things in the morning.

Hugs

Karen

-smiles- Actually, Wanda has

-smiles- Actually, Wanda has left it quite vague, By choosing Green Lantern, a character linked to a concept rather than a person, David could perhaps be as concealing as revealing. Hal Jordan, Guy Gardner... the average Green Lantern for Earth is linked greatly with the masculine model but it does not HAVE to be. It is still a great snippet and I am glad that they are migrating as well. It is nice to reread them.

-r

-a

Both ways now...

The Queen of Ambiguity that I guess I am, I'm glad that I left the story open enough to interpretation so that it can reasonably be read more than one way. While I didn't say David had told his friends what his fantasy was, but then, I didn't say he hadn't either. ;>

<{{;>
Wanda

The Green Power answers Will and Need

As a Green Lantern fan from further back than I suppose I should admit, I'm always pleased to find a well-written story about someone else getting tapped for the duty. Having once worn out a copy of the Green Lantern supplement for the DC Heroes roleplaying game, I can state that nothing in the Guardians' rules for the ringsliners says anything at all about limits for the uniform... or appearance, in general. If an individual is worthy to wield the ring, then there is no reason whatsoever to prevent them from making their 'on-duty' appearance anything they like... even as a member of the opposite sex. I know that I'd definitely do something like that, if the Guardians ever got that desperate to put the ring on my finger... (grin)