Zenda the Magician - my entry for Bob's Sci-Fi contest - first section -

Printer-friendly version

You'll have to go to http://stardustr.us/ to read the rest! There are even more contest entries there now. A few by authors you all love!


Zenda the Magician


By Richard Sinep
 ©February, 2007

It’s that long waited time of year once again, the annual funfest. Just before school lets out for the summer, the school puts on the Fun Festival. Since this is elementary school, we have finished up with all the schoolwork and final tests, now we just have those boring last few days. Those days that marks our school year as official, 200 days of school. Soon, we’ll have 90 days off!

This year we have four days to hang about doing just about nothing. The time of year, the kids drive the teachers crazy! Being bored we tend to think up pranks and try to pull them off. Well, a couple of years ago the school board thought up the idea for the funfest. It worked, only one stupid kid got in trouble. This year the funfest was going to be better than ever.

The theme this year is “Aliens Among Us” and all the teachers and grownups running the funfest dressed up in alien costumes. The school’s gymnasium and recess yard was all decorated with space stuff. Everything looked so cool! Anyway, we got to play these games and win prizes and all the food and drinks were free! The last day we went into the gymnasium because it was raining outside. It was so cloudy, dark, and wet outside. We could catch a glimpse of the full moon even though it was still day. We only had a half-day and then we would all be free for the whole summer, YEAH!

Each class sat in a specified area, the first graders got to sit the closest, because they were the smallest and so on. Being in the sixth grade, we eleven-year-olds sat the furthest away. Anyway, this year we were going to be entertained by a ‘REAL MAGICIAN!’ It turned out to be a very beautiful woman dressed up in this very pretty, green glittery, skintight outfit. I mean it was so tight, if it wasn’t for those glittery bits all over it, you could make out everything, if you know what I mean! Her name is Zenda; at least that is what she called herself. Her eyes held you and seemed to look right into your mind seeing everything, even your deepest held secrets. At least that’s how it felt to me. The other kids just said she made them feel creepy and some were even afraid.

Well, the show started out great with her performing all sorts of great magic tricks, and then the weird part began. She needed an assistant for the rest of her show and she was going to use magic to name a student to be her assistant. She made this clear ball appear out of nowhere and it filled with smoke as it just floated in the air in front of her. She spoke these weird sounding words, the smoke cleared, and she called out slowly and clearly.

“Aaron Elvin Emerson”

OH CRAP! That’s my name! I found my stunned self being pulled up from the floor and pushed towards the front. Once I got up there, she held me by my shoulders, looked deeply into my eyes, all the while speaking these strange sounding, but soothing words softly to me. I relaxed and felt happy for some strange reason. She gave me this wondrous smile and her eyes flashed with color as she said.

up
36 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Zenda The Magician

Is Angel O'Hare's story. If you will please look, you will find the complete story under her name.
May Your Light Forever Shine

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Zenda The Magician

WillowD's picture

Alas, it is currently not published on Angel's story page. I checked every one of her stories to see if it was under another title and it isn't. Ah well.