The Center: Tester - Part 14

Printer-friendly version

The Center: Tester - Part 14

By Blackout

Editor: Zip

Thanks Zip for expert editing. I hope to get another chapter in soon to finish this story off. It's almost done but I am getting a new computer so I may not have computer access for a little while.
H1.jpg
------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 14

I continued running toward where I saw Mattie. I heard Kris yelling at me now from the distance. She was going to kill me later, but I was not going to give up this opportunity to save Mattie. I knew bullets would probably hit me soon but when you’re on adrenaline and have a clear goal nothing can stop you … sometimes. Now was one of those times but I was getting through and for some reason I was doing it without getting hit.

I just continued running to where Mattie was, until I would reach her. That is when the earth under me began to shake also. I held my balance as best I could; it was a little hard with my boobs shaking around though. Thank heaven for whoever invented the bra, without one of these babies, moving around would suck now. But whoever was causing these earthquakes has to be really powerful. I had no idea who it was but it needed to stop. Mattie looked as if she was in a whole bunch of pain. I could see her coughing up blood. I saw a familiar figure behind her. Now wonder Mattie was just standing there! It was the pale white girl with dominator power. She must have been controlling Mattie. But why was that necessary? Mattie was just a normal human.

Another mini earthquake happened. This time it knocked me down to the ground.

“Uhg!” I had landed hard on my boobs. These things kept getting in the way, it really hurt. I got up again and ran to where Mattie was just on pure will alone. I kept getting knocked down but that was not going to stop me from getting closer. By the time I finally reach them I was battered and bruised, not to mention worn out.

“Oh look who it is! It’s the target. Hey I got a question for you. How do you enjoy these?” The white girl cupped her boobs and was laughing at me mockingly.

“Give Mattie back you creep!” I yelled at her.

“What if I don’t want to? Meehhhhh!” She stuck her tongue out at me.

This girl was a serious Bitch with a capital B. It was if she enjoyed torturing others and wallowing in their misery. I hated people like that with all the problems already in the world. Why did there have to be people who get their kicks out of other people’s misery, and make it worse for them.

I was so pissed I ran forward. I was going to throw a punch right at her face…….

“I wouldn’t do anything if I were you.” She had taken out a knife and had it poised near Mattie’s neck.

There was no choice now. I stopped moving and just glared at her. Maybe if I was lucky my glare would cause her to drop the knife on her own foot. Of course I did not think that would happen, but I could still wish it.

“Good you can listen. Do you know why you were not killed running out in the open?”

“It’s because you’re a valuable resource, a thing. A toy like you should just come along nicely and do what it’s told. You’re such a bad girl I bet. I am sure you have found someone to replace this girl here.” She looked at Mattie.

“You know some big strong man. Don’t deny you’ve got female urges, and you can’t help it. It comes with the territory. You should just embrace it. Make it yours. As a girl you can get guys to do almost anything for you! Hahaha! That lame place you call home…The Center! They will never understand the true meaning of how to use our powers. The government is afraid. Why you think they have the Center? It’s to control you, to cover up their mistakes. Does it seem fair that they take you away from your family and control your whole life? Most likely you will have to do everything they say and will be living there the rest of your life. Never again will you be able to truly interact with the real world. Your hopes and dreams are over. That is why you should join our organization. Magnum will give you those opportunities the Center denies you. You can be who you want to be. Though there really is no other option. You will either come the easy way or the hard way!”

“You’re crazy. Sure the Center right now does not allow Emergents to interact with the rest of the world. But that’s only how it is now. Who knows? Things may change and the rest of the world will learn about emergents. But the reason we have to lay low now is because of people like you! It’s people that abuse their powers. People like you who torture others. I can tell what is right and wrong, and I am telling you that your actions are wrong. Just because I have powers does not mean I am better than everyone else, it’s that kind of thinking that is troubling. One day though, I hope things will be different and I hope I will be able to return to my family and see Mattie again.

“Hahaha! You haven’t realized yet have you? Mattie is an emergent! She is the one that was creating all those earthquakes while I was controlling her. You have absolutely no chance against me, in fact you have no chance against a common soldier if you don’t have anyone else’s power copied. You can go on giving heroic speeches and pretending to be a hero but in the end you will see things my way. Now behave as these nice men take you away or else she gets it!” She said holding the knife at Mattie’s neck.

It was then that I noticed two men in black suits step into the light behind the white girl who was standing in the doorway to the enemy base.

“I can’t believe you fell for our trap and came running toward the girl. You pretend hero types are all the same. LOSERS!”

This whole situation looked really bad now. My powers were only effective against other emergents, but against professional soldiers I was toast. The two man made for me and grabbed me. Shit! I was caught. I was only then that another quake occurred and we all fell down. What was happening? Mattie caused the quakes, right? Though, wasn’t she under their control?

“Damn I lost control for a few seconds there! What happened?!” That devil woman shrieked. I did not waste this good opportunity I lunged out and got my hand on her. Feeling the cold energy, I felt powerful and strong. I knew I could make things go my way by just thinking it.

First things first. I dominated the soldiers that tried to capture me. It was strange being in someone’s head, able to control them. I could feel their resistance but it was nothing. These men where strong physically, but mentally, to me now, they could have been babies. Geez who would guess that being a dominator was so powerful and yet scary. In a way it was too powerful, being able to control others. You felt them resist but you were stronger… a being beyond human. They would have to bow to you to survive, and why shouldn’t they, when you can make them do so if they refuse. I began to see how corrupting a dominators power could be. It’s not that most dominators are bad but the very use of a dominator’s power was scary, in what it could do. You dominate others and could get whatever you want.

What I wanted though was Mattie, and to have these soldiers to leave us alone. So I decided I would send them on a little journey. “I need you two to faint.”

With that one command both of the soldiers fell to the ground unconscious. Who knew a dominator could interact on the mind in such an extreme way. If ever we got a friendly enough dominator who would allow extensive testing, I would need to do the evaluation as a tester. There was more to a dominator’s powers then I thought.

“Now it’s your turn!” I told her.

You honestly think you can dominate me with my own power it’s not possible. I have way more practice with this then you.”

She was right I could not dominate her no matter how hard I tried. But then, there was this flash of energy all around us, a pulse of sound and it distracted her long enough that I could breach her barrier for a second. I mentally told her to faint as fast as I could. She looked at me eyes wide and open in disbelief for a second before she crumpled to the ground.

Just then Mattie began to totter from side to side. It seemed like she has been through an awful lot. I rushed forward and caught her right in my arms. Finally we were reunited again.

“Are you ok?! Can you hear me? Mattie! Mattie!”

“Please…whoever you are! …Help…my friends….they were….caught…. ‘cough’…downstairs!”

She then closed her eyes. Damn they had put her through so much. At least on the positive side she was still alive. I confirmed it again by feeling her pulse. It was among the greatest sounds in the world, just now. My breasts were pressed against her and that just made the whole situation so very awkward. Never before had I thought that I would have the same equipment as Mattie.

It was then that I noticed the two soldiers, that I had made faint just movements before, get up. They were pretty tough. It seems a little mental beating was not going to keep them down long. Faint I told them mentally again. To my chagrin it didn’t work. I had reached the power limit after going against a dominator with her power. I was so lucky that the vibration blast occurred or she would not have been distracted long enough for me to beat her. It just had to be Tony, looks like I would have to thank that big lug of a soldier later.

The men quickly assessed their situation.

“It seems she dominated us and took out White Witch, we need to get her and move before we are captured.” One of the men said. Then in a matter of moments they picked up the White Witch…..hahaha….and ran. One of them though had to ram me down as they escaped. I guess they were still scared I could dominate them luckily for me. I still was finding it funny that the white girl’s code name was White Witch. That was way too funny. That name fit her so well.

A few seconds later I heard music to my ears.

“OPERATION IS A FAILURE, RETREAT!”

All around the firing of guns ceased as they dissolved away. It was as if the world had gone completely still. Unfortunately it did not stay that way! I quickly saw Kris running at me with a look that said, ‘I am going to kill you.’

“Rachael! What were you thinking? Defying orders and running off on your own! If it was not for Tony covering you, and delaying bullets with sound, you probably would have died. I suggest you give him your sincere gratitude. We will be talking about your punishment later.” She yelled at me.

“Ok Kris, I understand. This was my girlfriend Mattie when I was a guy. Apparently she was the one who caused the earthquakes. I still can’t believe it though. But she needs to be taken to the Center right now, before her the second phase of emergence. Also I believe she said there were some others still down there being held hostage. A rescue party needs to be sent.”

“I understand! Captain Darner, take this young girl and get her to Center facilities, on the double, before she goes through second emergence.”

“Yes ma’am!” he said saluting her with much enthusiasm. The guy named Captain Darner was obviously a well-trained and respected soldier but it seemed as if he was the type that was too serious about the army.

“Tony, Jasmine, and Claire you three will come with me. We have some captives down there.”

I watched as the three of them went downstairs in the building. It seemed as though this would probably be one of my last missions in a long time. Kris was definitely not risking me coming down with them and I could tell that my actions would probably deserve severe punishment. I had messed with the bull and now she was pissed. Sure I knew that what I did was wrong… logically speaking, I should have stayed with them and approached the whole situation differently. By running out, I had risked my life and jeopardized the mission in general. Usually I was so clear headed and would think everything through. But when I saw Mattie, something came over me, my emotions were stronger now than ever before, it seemed. Oh Yeah! Duh I was a girl now.

Damn you estrogen! ‘giggle’ Oh please say I did not just giggle. That estrogen was getting the better of me. I started crying again without real notice. All this happened so fast and without notice. I was lucky to be alive and I was even happier that Mattie was saved. So what if Kris was figuratively going to kill me later. I had saved Mattie and she meant the world to me. She was safe and I was safe and in the end … despite all this gender confusion and other annoyances, that’s what truly mattered.

About an hour later I saw Kris come up carrying a young girl about my age on her back followed by Jasmine who held another girl. Both the girls were shivering as if they had been frozen. That’s when Tony and Claire walked out of the enemy base with the guy named Frosty being dragged behind. He was unconscious and Tony was not even bothering to lift him up. I guess he sort of deserved that. It was obvious he had done something to freeze them.

I saw a few of the soldiers come over and they put their jackets around the girls to keep their body heat in. Kris then walked over to me.

“Damn that guy was so sadistic. I can’t believe he was getting a thrill out of freezing those girls little by little. It’s a good thing I went down there personally. I am just letting you know they are safe though they are both in pretty serious condition right now.”

“Ok thanks,” I sniffed. I was still crying. Damn hormones.

“They are safe now so nothing too major to worry about. You are to go back with the injured as well as Claire and Tony. I am very disappointed in you Rachael.”

“I’m sorry I let my emotions get the better of me. Thank you anyway, for saving me and Mattie.”

“It’s good to see you understand your mistakes. That does not mean I am letting off any.”

“I know. I will see you at your office later.”

Any Center vehicles that were still operational after the earthquakes, caused by Mattie, were quickly filled with injured. Unfortunately about five soldiers were killed and about twenty three had serious injuries. These guys were definitely ruthless; they were aiming to kill from the very beginning. I was very sad about all that. It sucked that saving Mattie and I had to result in such tragedies.

Tony, Claire, and I got into the vehicle. It was battered with bullet holes from the attack.

“Oh yeah! Tony, thanks for protecting me. I thought it was funny that no bullets were hitting me.”

“It’s fine. After all what are friends for.”

‘Giggle’ “Thanks anyway!”

As we headed for the Center, thoughts of Mattie were spinning through my head. Hahaha the situation was definitely going to be strange when she wakes up. I was sort of looking forward to it though.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

darn hormones!

good chapter. Assuming Mattie follows the pattern, she will turn into a boy, and that will make things interesting for the two of them ....

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Pattern

What if Mattie breaks the mold and doesn't change. Think of all the forks the story could take!

The Rules

Enemyoffun's picture

Unless she's already part male to begin with---i.e. like the girl in Drakira's story then there's no way for her to stay female when the Emergence happens. Girls become boys and boys become girls, there's no middle ground. So if she emerges, she has to be a guy.

Good Chapter

Renee_Heart2's picture

I wonder what Ratchel's punishment will be probly KP for a month. Then who knows probly clean the entire center by her self in her free time after studies & HW.

At least Rachel had time to drain some of White Witches power & use it aginst her Thanks to Troy, Matties/Matt's powers ar truly impressive & may come in handy.

Look Foward to the next chapter.
Love Samantha Renee Heart

Love Samantha Renee Heart

far out

i have found most center stories very interesting. this one is getting way too far out for me. im not a writer so i dont comment on writing style this is a complete turn off.
robert

001.JPG

specifics?

Please give criticism with specific examples and how I can improve possibly. I don't appreciate personal bashes based on opinion if you can't point out where I went wrong and how I can improve. I accept opinions and criticism but I like constructive criticism.

Criticism

I seldom post comments about any writer's work. If I have comments, I try to make them directly to the author... or as part of my editing. Erin keeps posting directives about NOT making blind comments.
If you have specific corrections that would improve the author's writing... Fine. otherwise keep it to yourself.
Posted comments reflect on the editor as well as the author.

Zip

Intense

I think it's good. It's even intense. The story sucks you in.

----------
The world was so full of sharp bends that if they didn't put a few twists in you, you wouldn't stand a chance of fitting in. -- Terry Pratchett

The Center: Tester - Part 14

She did the only thing that she could do. What would you do to save your best friend?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

As a point of criticism I

As a point of criticism I would suggest that you show the action instead of having characters explain it. I can imagine this turns some people off. I do find the story interesting. Kris has to be mad of course but what did she expect? In the end Rachael took out the dominator and stopped the earthquakes. It doesn't matter who is right though. That was her girl out there and she had to go get her. I would've expected nothing less. Now get on with the mushy love part of the story.

Dominator

Thanks for the constructive criticism I will keep that in mind. Also this was a dominator vs mimic battle and it was in Rachael's point of view. Not much action happen when you are battling someone mentally. There were a few action parts but they were small and split up. I tried to make the mental battle intense. It was all in Rachael's point of view so I could not tell much about the battle behind Rachael (though I probably should have).

Also I wanted to bring up some interesting ideas as well.

Like what if emergents were revealed to the world? Would they all be able to reunite with their families? What about the emergents who use their powers for evil?

Personally I think it would be very interesting if emergents were reveled and they were allowed to reunite with their families. Although I would never write that personally as I would probably get backlash. But you need to keep being creative and come up with new ideas and just keep on writing if you want to get better. (just like anything else in life)

Oh yeah this story series is coming to an end at least for this part on Rachael. Next chapter Mattie's new name reveled. Finally I can write that part.

Secrets and identities

One big part of the problem with going public is the classic superhero/secret identity dynamic. Once their identity is public, their families can be threatened to gain leverage over them, or harmed to hurt them. Then there is the whole issue of the gender change, which some families simply won't accept. There is also the issue of legal and civil liability for those who injured or killed people (all too often loved ones) and/or caused significant property damage when they emerged. And the people who would regard - and treat - them as monsters.

In short, a lot of Very Bad Things would happen if they went public and tried to rejoin their families.

Jorey
.
Like Sudoku?
sudokurose.com

Jorey
.

I'm surprised

...that she didn't keep going to/through the "hot energy" phase, considering the White Witch was hurting Mattie.

Jorey
.
Like Sudoku?
sudokurose.com

Jorey
.

Tester - Next

I have it on the BEST authority that Part 15 is almost done... But Real Life has a way of getting in the way.
As soon as the computer problems and other responsibilities are resolved, I am sure that I will get the next part to edit.

Patience is a virtue... possess it if you can...

Zip

Misuse of powers

Jamie Lee's picture

Rachael is so right in telling Blondie her misuse of powers is why the world can't know about emergents. She was also correct in telling Blondie that having powers doesn't make them better than normal people. Before changing, Blondie and frosty bullied others. They both took great pleasure tormenting others, it's why they act like they do now that they have powers.

Kris is pissed at Rachael but Rachael made a promise to Mattie when she was Ryan. And seeing Mattie in trouble brought back the promise she made to Mattie. Mattie is safe so that's all Rachael cares about.

Kris is pissed because Rachael could have been killed if not for Tony. But it's about time Kris understand no plan survives when the enemy is engaged. That sometimes a person has to improvise to win or save someone.

Others have feelings too.