Queen of The May Pt 15

Printer-friendly version
Queen of the May Pt Fifteen

By Jacquimac
Thanks To Stanman63 For Editing!!

Synopsis:After suffering from an accident, a young man learns that he has been voted to be the Queen of the May by his fellow students.

[*][*][*]

The rest of the year was busy enough and I was allowed to take the twins with me to the contests. The pageants had stopped at the end of October before winter arrived, so they didn't get to see them.

When I told them about the pageants and about the Queens Flower Girls, Sue said, "Someday she might get to be a flower girl!"

We' see." 'I don't want to say anything to spoil Natalie's surprise.'

A week later, Aunt Julia brought them over and they squealed,"We've been picked as flower girls for Natalie!

"I am happy for both of you, but you two have to good and do whatever you are told."

"WE WILL!:

Aunt Julia managed to get me alone, "That was your doing wasn't it?"

"I suggested them to Natalie, but she already had them at the top of list."

[*][*][*]

Mum got one of gowns cleaned for May day. I asked her, "Mum, why wasn't I Queen after today"

"You'll have the privilege of crowning Natalie."

Somebody had come up with the idea that the outgoing Queen would crown the new Queen, I didn't mind as long as I could get changed afterwards. The dressmaker had really excelled with the dresses for the flower girls, they looked absolutely gorgeous, they would really add to Natalie's entourage.

May Day arrived and Natalie was crowned Queen of May, she looked beautiful in all her regalia and the flower girls added to beauty around her. I watched the parade with Billy, then we went and changed so we could join the fun.

[*][*][*]

It struck me as we walked back to the fairground that for first time in two years my life wasn't being decided and organized for me. I had fully adapted to my new life and was content. We strolled along the road arm in arm and found everyone waiting for us.

I started to feel that feeling again, you know the one that somethings going to happen and it involves you. I was taken to a nearby tent and changed into a gown again, my make up redone and jewelry put on.

Aunt Julia led me to the stage were I was awarded a plaque for services to the community, the twins came on stage and handed me a wrapped package and thanked me for being a sister and helping them when they needed it.

There was thunderous applause and someone called, "Three cheers for Jacqueline!"

I started crying and after while stopped and thanked everyone saying,"I only did what anyone else would do."

Someone yelled, "Maybe they would, but they aren't you, you have a special way that makes people trust you."

The local newspaper got their pictures along with everyone else's, I went over to Natalie to apologize for hijacking her day, but she just smiled at me, she knew all about it last week and had agreed to it all. We hugged each other and I stayed with her for the rest of day.

The years have passed now, the village for the most part hasn't changed much, we didn't have anymore major disasters, although there were a few scares.

Aunt Julia adopted the twins and changed her will to provide for the twins. I along with a few other went off to college, but came back home. I became a teacher at the local school. Billy didn't go to college, he did an apprenticeship as a motor mechanic and now owns the local garage.

Natalie starts college later this year, she hasn't decided what she wants to study, but she has a few options open to her. Mrs Johnson is a now a part time teacher as she has two babies of her own. The headmaster retired and moved down south to live with his widowed sister. The vicar and his wife are still with us and still making services fun for all. My brothers joined the Army and hold commissions. Dad was so proud when we went to their big parade at the academy.

The Queen of the May is still a big part in the life of village, as a community, we still pull together and support each other, the fund I started has now grown with the farmers adding a percentage of their crops value to it. Money comes in from raffles etc. and the last total is around 15 million pounds. So far, it hasn't been needed, yet, but if anybody needs help, it`s always there for them. A few days after I donated the cheque, one of local businesses presented me with a new computer in appreciation.

[*][*][*]

Since everything that has happened to me, there have been several transgendered children in the village. Now the village knows to allow the children to have all the information available, and instead of trying to steer the child one way, without knowing what is happening them, they allow them them to make their own decisions. I was the first and was forced not unkindly in the direction everyone thought was best for me and in the end, they found they were wrong.
 
Did I blame my parents or the people of our little community? No, I didn't. They didn't understand what was happening to my body and in they`re own way, tried to do what they thought was best. I didn't come to any harm and was treated as a human being and not freak.

The people of our little community are leery of outsiders and look out for each other. Maybe our little village is the exception to the rest of country and if so, then civilization should try and learn from us.
 
As for me, like I said, I`m now a qualified teacher at the village school, I still take part the village activities. Aunt Julia is taking things easier now with two young ladies to bring up and tame.. So, I am now chairwoman of the May Day Festival, I`m also on the parish council and on a couple of other committees. Not bad, considering that 15years ago, I was 10 year old boy. I had my SRS before I started college and I still live at home with my parents.

Mum and me have our girls days out and some evenings, when I`m not at some meeting or other, I`ll stay at home and watch TV, cuddling Dad. I guess I turned out to be a Daddies Girl. Oh, before I forget, I`m getting married next month to Billy. Dad says he can`t wait to take me down the aisle, although if someone had told him years ago that he would be giving me away, he would have laughed at them. If you think about it life`s a strange animal and anything can and does happen.
 
"Illegitimi non carborundum" or "Don't let the Bastards grind you down"

[*][*][*]

 


End Of Part Fifteen

Finis
 

up
74 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Queen of The May Pt 15

Much stronger than they thought.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

what happens next

how was the wedding and did you adopt any kids and did one of them become queen of the may