Concert of Remembrance Pt 3

Printer-friendly version

Concert of Remembrance

by

Jacquimac

Part 3

On tuesday mum got a phone call from the health centre telling her that my test results had come back and Dr Gray would like to see her as soon as possible. so she left her office and went to the health centre.

Tuesday after school I was home first as usual so I have to start getting the evening meal ready, I was in the kitchen with an apron on to protect my clothes and the terrible twosome arrived home, as usual they started taking the micky about the apron, ok so it was mum`s apron I didn`t want to spill anything on my clothes.

Mum arrived home about 20 mins before I started to serve the evening meal, the table was laid and the kettle was on for tea. After we ate mum called a family meeting, she had called into to see the family doctor on her way home.

We were sitting in the lounge when Dr Gray arrived and we were finally told the results of all those tests and scans I`d had.

Mum had been told the results when she visited earlier in the day and told me I had a big choice to make.We listened to what Dr Gray told us and asked various questions but the upshot was there wasn`t much medical science could do to rectify the problems with my body.

It came down to the fact that I was developing as girl, I was developing breast, hips were getting bigger and waist smaller. My testicles hadn`t descended because I didn`t have any and no amount of hormone treatment would rectify any of the problems.

The choice was carry on living as boy knowing I would always look feminine or live as girl and later have the neccessary surgery to complete the change.

I looked at mum and my brothers and asked what I should do and got told that whatever I decided they would always be there for me but I had to make the choice myself. I got up and went to my bedroom to think and mum followed me a couple of minutes later.

She told me what dad had done and showed me my birth certificate, so not only was my changing I was legally female anyway. I got up after a few minutes and returned to the lounge and told everyone I needed more time to think about it.

Dr Gray said she could me councilling if I wanted it and would have to see specialist a pschyciatrist anyway. I thanked her and told her I needed a day or two to think and I would make a decision by friday. She got up to leave and sadi that I could phone her anytime if I had any problems.

As soon as the Doctor had left Bill and Tom started with the questions, have you decided ? or you going to be a girl ? until mum stopped them. I got up and started to leave when I heard Tom whisper to Bill that he mind having a sister.

I had a lot to think about and was thinking about my life so far, since I had started in the drama club a couple of years ago I been given a few parts were I played a girl, I did girls gym at school and hung around more with the girls than with the boys even at home I did the jobs that usually a girl would do. Eventually I fell asleep.

When I got up the next morning mum and the boys looked at me and didn`t say a word, I has washed, dressed and ready for breakfast. I had made my decision pending the answer to a couple of questions and worries I had.

My brothers ate they`re breakfast and left for school early as they were travelling to play a rugby match, so mum and I were now alone. She asked if I was okay and I told her I was fine, but had a few questions for her.

I asked her If I decide to become a girls what about school ?, what about the other kids how would they treat me ? and what about the drama club would they still let me stay a member? she didn`t answer any of them.

We finished breakfast and cleared away the dirty plates and cups, got our coats and went to the car. Mum always drops me off at school as it`s on her way to work but today she came into the school with me and we went to the headmistresses office.

Mrs Cockcroft had just arrived and asked us into her office, she and mum were also friends that had grown up together and was also my godmother.
Mum told her what the doctor had said and that I had made my decision but needed to get answers to some questions.

I repeated the questions and was told , 1) I could attend school as a girl or a boy for the rest of the school year as next year I would be going to senior school and could pick a different school and start new. 2) She didn`t think the other kids would bother me except maybe for a bit of teasing and that if anyone did try anything she would deal with it, if and when it arose. she reminded me that I did girls gym, I wore a bra and had been a girl in school plays.
3) It wouldn`t matter if I was a boy or a girl I would always be welcome in the school clubs.

We sat in silence for a while and mum said she had talked to the parents in the neighbourhood and there was no objections from them and the kids wouldn`t be a problem.

Mrs Cockcroft told me she would arrange a meeting with all the parents and mum,myself and if possible my doctor should attend, my little problem would be the topic to see if the parents would help. So my final decision I kept to myself for the time being.

up
69 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Concert of remembrance Pt 3

A very tough decision for the child to make.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Informed Consent

Andrea Lena's picture

...while the choice ultimately is his/hers regarding specifics, her body has already decided the path. Development of female characteristics isn't precipitated upon what is lacking, but what is present; estrogen. That she has no testes would seem to indicate that an ultrasound either has or will reveal female organs; perhaps not. But as he/she noted, no amount of supplemental testosterone will change the fact that he will be a very femme guy. The doctor(s) shouldn't lean on him, but at the same time should still make it abundantly clear that trying to live as a man with her equipment will be very frustrating and probably sad as well.


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena