Concert of Remembrance Pt 11

Printer-friendly version

Concert of Remembrance

by

Jacquimac

Part 11

Eventually we had the theatre to ourselves and we all sat around chatting while having a drink and a snack, what a night we`d had and the manager asked if we all turn up tomorrow around 10 am, we said we would.

We all turned up at the theatre they had even managed to get Joe and Lester out of hospital for a couple of hours, we where taken round to church hall were we were all placed for a photograph.

Once the photo was taken we all handed envelopes which we were told contained vouchers donated by local businesses, after which we all sat down for a meal.

Joe and Lester had their legs in casts and we all made sure they were alright, they were disappointed that they had missed the concert.

Monday was back to school and the schoolyard was buzzing one of us was going to be selected to lay a Poppy Wreath at the local Cenotaph on sunday, I went and seen the headmistress and asked that I wasn`t selected.

They selected David, he hadn`t been able to take part in the contest as he had leg vraces and used crutches. He was popular with everyone in the school so nobody was disappointed when his name was read out.

At the morning break I was sent to headmistresses office and was informed that metting would be taking place during the week to determine my future and future education, they were trying to find the best way to help me while making sure I was safe.

I already been told that I was going to be attending a Girls school but all that seemed to have changed so I would have to wait and see what they came up after the meeting.

Tuesday we had a music class after the concerts success they decided to hold it in the assembly hall, each of us had been given a song to learn and sing.

Darren being a bit of prankster had borrowed on old record from the 80`s, he was to "Little Jimmy Brown", he got on the stage and started singing

In the village hidden deep in the valley, one cold and dreary winter's night,
A figure could be seen creeping in the early misty light,
A ten-foot ladder on his shoulder, a heavy hammer in his hand.
What had he been doing? What mischief had he planned?

Early,Sunday morning the vicar went to morning prayer.
He found the church was chilly; there was something in the air.
The marble font was overflowing. There was water everywhere.
He looked up, up at the ceiling and found it wasn't there

And the chapel lead is missing, and the rain is falling down.
When they asked who might have done it, they all blamed Jimmy Brown.
And the little congregation prays for sunshine from above,
But the rain's precipitation leaves them wet to saturation
Till they fear the church will flood.

In the village hidden deep in the valley, one cold and dreary Monday morn,
The police were out there searching but Jimmy Brown had gorn.
They eventually found him complete with torch and bag of tools.
He'd been back at his old business nicking drainpipes from the schools.

"Please come along with me now." These friendly words they said to him.
"I'll offer no resistance," replied our sunny Jim.
When Jimmy Brown was questioned, this is all the poor boy said:
"I only nicked the drainpipes. Someone else took all the lead."

And the chapel lead's still missing and the rains still falling down.
Though they're sure who is the culprit, the lead still can't be found.
And the little congregation prays for sunshine from above,
But their constant meditation would not pay for restoration
Of the little church they love.

Deep, deep in the valley, one cold and dreary Tuesday morn,
Our Jim was in the cooler wishing he had not been born.
They questioned him for many hours, but still he would not tell.
They blamed him for the church roof and the missing bell as well.

Deep, deep in the valley, one cold and dreary Wednesday morn,
The police took Jim his breakfast, but again our Jim had gorn.
The sergeant walked into the cell block and found that it was bare.
He looked up, up at the ceiling — guess what — it wasn't there.

And the chapel lead's still missing, and the rain's still falling down,
And the organ isn't playing, 'cos the organist has drowned.
The collection box is missing and the vicar can't be found,
And the little congregation needs a lot of medication
For the church has fallen down.

The Music teacher was not amused at first but the headmistress stopped her from taking Darren to task, everyone was laughing, it was parody of the Original written and performed by a group called the Barron Knights.
The head pointed out two facts, the tune was right, and Little Jimmy Brown was the main figure in the song, the music teacher then saw the funny side. Darren was in the choir had what they call an "ANGELIC" voice, but he could also imitate a number of voices, and Darren had given a really good performance using different voices.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments