Chris and the red feather

Printer-friendly version

Chris and the red feather

by Misrah

"Dear lord help me, I beg you!" Chris had felt terrible about not beeing able to resist to his fantasies any longer. He had dreamed about beeing a woman again and in his sleep he had jerked of. He was all ashamed and desperate.
Six months! SIX MONTH he had managed to avoid thinking about sexual things completely! And now that...

He tried eagerly but he seemed unable to get the images of that dream out of his head.
"Oh, Christine! You're so hot!" The voice of the man in her... his dream repeated in his mind.

"GET IT OUT OF MY HEAD, LORD PLEASE HAVE MERCY ON THIS HUMBLE SERVANT OF YOURS!

Chris kept praying and praying over an hour desperately. But there was no relief, no absolution. He suffered and felt ashamed while he repeated the verses over and over again.
That was when suddenly a voice appeared behind him.

"He won't listen. - You know... the old man got actually a little senile and sinister over the last couple of millions of years."

Chris's pupillaries widened as he gasped in surprise. This was his very own flat, it was in midst of the night and there wasn't anybody supposed to be in here with him. His thoughts started to race. He had heard no sound at the door, which would have been definitely the case if somebody had tried to break in. Same for the windows. He had made definitely sure that they were all closed so none of the neighbours could hear his prayers.
He spinned around hastly and looked at a man who was sitting in his armchair across the appartment. How could this be...?

"Oh, don't worry about that. - I'm here, that should be good enough."

Had he said his thoughts out loud? Chris felt quite sure he didn't...

He looked at the man which so abruptely had appeared in his home. He was a slender, propably caucasian guy with pale white skin. He had a relatively long pointed nose which stood out on his face as well as his thin chin.

"Mind if I get me a drink, Chris?" Without waiting for an answer the stranger got up and walked straight over to the mini-bar, making himself a Bloody Mary.

"Who the fuck are you?!" Chris shouted out pulling himself back together again. "You better get your fucking ass outa my place or I'll kill you!" The young man grabbed the paper knife from the living room-table and pointed it in the direction of the intruder.
But the strange man didn't seem to be threatened by all this.

"Eh, calm down Chris. - I'm here to help you."

The weird man sat down in the armchair again, flatened his pinstripe-suit with the free hand and took a sip on his drink.

"To help me?! What could you propably help me with you freak?!"

"Hm. I don't know. - But why don't you just tell me about freaks... Christine?"

This hit Chris like a rock, literally letting him tumbling backwards a little due to surprise. Christine... That was the name with which the man in his dream had addressed him...

He had never ever told anyone. Even in his prayers which this bastard might have overheard he never had mentioned anything like that. Chris was sure about that.

Was this wacko just guessing? The man's lurking and strangely intense eyes looked at him fromunder the brim of his white hat while he absentmindedly stroke the red feather attached to it.

"W... what do you think you know?" Chris still held the knife in direction of the intruder, ready to stab him if necessary.

'Red feather' held up his glas and looked provingly at it's content. "Well, I know a Bloody Mary is one hell of a good drink..."

"That's not what I meant you fuckin'..."

"...AND I know that you would rather like to be a Christine than beeing Chris."
The strange guy placed his drink on the table, stood up and walked towardst Chris 'til his chest touched the tip of the paperknifes blade.

"I CAN help you." He hissed. "But I won't if you keep on pointing this thing at me any longer."

"W... Who are you?" Chris stuttered. The situation started to get way to much for him.

"Well, take a wild guess..."

Chris quite had an idea what the man with the wicked smile on his face was implying, but it seemed impossible, unthinkable. Anyway... Not giving any chances and taking any risks he started reciting a prayer.

"Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven..."

*HISSSSSS* 'Red feather out of the blue literally jumped back like half of the room, guarding his face with his hands. "STOP IT, YOU FOOL!"

Chris didn't know why, but in shock he actually broke his speech for a moment.
Within a second (Chris had no idea how he did it) the man was again right face to face to him.

"You think that your god will save you? - Don't be a fool! He created you! He created you always wanting to be something you aren't in this world. He created you wrong, cursed to suffer the disgust and mockery of the people surrounding you for the whole time of your life! That's what he did!"

"You're... You are the..."

"Bet your ass I am." Chris just couldn't escape the intense look of these flashing eyes.

"And I am the only one that can and will help you out of your misery. Get the life you want, that you desire, that you deserve. - Just forswear this stupid old man."

"You mean... God?"

"Just think about it. THINK, Chris." 'Red Feather' grabbed the collar of the young man's shirt, pulling his face even closer to his own. "What has this old geezer done to you? He had thrown you into a world where you're unfit, not matching, without standing a chance to ever be accepted... from the start on! He fucked you up, gave you the raw deal!"

Tears started to fill Chris's eyes.

"You said out that prayers of yours over and over again over years, begging for relief, for mercy. Tell me, what was his response?"

"I... I..."

"NOTHING! That's what it was! That's 'cause he's a sick old sadistic bastard! For him you're just entertainment. 'Big brother' for gods, that's what you are for him! He's feasting on your struggling!"

"I..." Chris was just listening, unable to act anymore. All of what the stranger said seemed to make sense. He knew he shouldn't think so, tried to fight it, but...

"Me instead..." 'Red feather' grinned maliciously. "I reward those who follow me! Well, maybe I'm even the good guy in this game. - Believe me I'm a man of my word. You can be what you want to be if you serve me. And you will be able to laugh about those who did all of this to you."

"But..."

"God, the arrogant angels... They would no longer be your tormentors... Just mere opponents."
The man in the suit smiled satisfied when he saw how the expression in Chris's face changed from irritation to determination.

"I... - Where do I sign?"

"Sign? Oh, that's just to clichee and not necessary, my dear friend. - I'll take your hand for it..."

When Chris shook in, he felt a strange hot tingle running all over his body.

"Welcome to the pack, Christine."

'Red feather' still held Chris's hand while the young man broke down due to sheer unbearable pain. All his bones all of the sudden seemed to awfully crack and to move...

"IAAARRRGH!"

"Don't you worry. It'll all be good soon..."

'Red Feather's laugh in Chris's ears sounded like it must have been audible over miles.

------------

"You just make the best scrambled eggs in the world, hon." John said between two bites of his meal to his wife.

"Yeah, mom. You're the best!" Their eight years old son Gregory threw in.

"Ewww... I don't like eggs, mommy!" Sarah, Gregory's younger sister pouted.

Christine patted the little girl's head with patience. "I'll make you some toast and bacon, sweety."

------------

John had already left for work. Christine was waving her kids good bye. They were heading of for class with the school bus when suddenly she got aware of a man sitting on the swing on the veranda, right next to her.

"Well, hello again Christine my dear. - I got something I want you to do for me..."

The red eyes glowed like hot coal out from under the white hat.

-THE END-
up
94 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

saying that prayer

I've said that prayer more times than I can count. But fortunately, I got a different answer .....

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Chris and the red feather

Some pacts should not be made.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

This is a bit evil, but

This is a bit evil, but certainly true... What was it, the devil can't or won't lie? Eww... I'm glad I'm an atheist... wasting your life praying to something that gets it jollies via seeing you suffering.

Very interesting story, It's just sad it ends so soon...

Sequel plz ;)

Thank you for writing,
Beyogi