War and Peace Pt 10

Printer-friendly version

War and Peace

By

Jacquimac

Part Ten

The occupying forces were spending to keep the locals pacified and it was working for the greatest part, I hadn`t know before but information was being sent to our troops about enemy forces, numbers and strong points.

I kew the fighting was going on to the west and it was sporadic with neither force being able to gain an advantage, but I suspected that our forces were building up with more troops and equipment for a big push but didn`t know when it would happen but when it did all hell would break loose.

It was diabolical that our allies refused to help us because it outside alliance territory yet at the same time were selling guns, missiles and other military equipment to the enemy.

A couple of weeks after the work on the rebuilding of settlement was finished we received six new people for the empty houses, when they arrived I was in the clinic working when one of the women came rushing in and told me I was needed outside.

The Commandant had got the doctor to change them from men to women, when I got to them I found that the rest of medical team that had remained behind with our wounded had been the latest subjects.

One of them told me that the Commandant had them operated on as in their army only women nursed the sick and injured, and seeing as they were carrying out womens duties they would become women.The only exception they made was for doctors.

We got them installed into the empty houses and some of settlement women stayed with them while I talked to each of them individually.

They hadn`t recognised me and I told them what had happened to me, I was still the senior rank amongst them and had them known them all for a couple of years.

Over the next few weeks we helped them adjust to their new lives, but we all knew there would be problems if and when the enemy were finally defeated.

They told me that the majority of the Dressing Station had packed up leaving the minimum equipment behind as was usual in the circumstances and that only the six of them and one doctor was left behind waiting for the last patients to be medivaced when the enemy captured them.

They knew I had gone to the aid of the settlement and had kept quiet about me even though my pack had been found.

It was almost three years since we were overrun, I had adapted to life in the settlement and now had to make sure that these new additions adapted and it wouldn`t be easy as they all had murder in mind if they got hold of the Commandant and his tame doctor.

Just before the summer ended a new Commanding General took command and was visiting his troops along the front line, by sheer chance his driver got lost and they arrived in the settlement instead.

We couldn`t attack them as his escort was armed but he did look round the settlement and ask if there was any problems, this my chance.

I explained to him what had happened to men and myself but he was sceptical until we told him the name of the doctor then he listened carefully.

up
47 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Good chapter hopefully this

Good chapter hopefully this new General will be sympathetic, looking forward to more

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

War and Peace Pt 10

Maybe the changed soldiers will be sent home now that a new general knows of their abuse.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine