A Kiernan Family Interlude

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

TG Themes: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 


A Kiernan Family Interlude


This Sunday, July 17, marks the second anniversary of my first story here, The Secret.
To celebrate, and as a thank you to all of you who have loved and cared not only for me but for my 'children,'
I give you this brief interlude. Thank you from the bottom of my heart!


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EM8RlCZP0KQ
 
The sound of Beethoven's Pastoral Symphony played softly as Erica brushed Maired's hair. Longish and red, it was perhaps her 'crowning glory,' as some might say. Her face, of course for those who knew her, wasn't what anyone would call beautiful, but more in the 'damn fine handsome woman' category. Erica, on the other hand, from everyone's account, was beautiful.

"You get prettier every day," Erica said as she paused long enough to nibble Maired's ear.

"Nonsense. I am who I am, my dear, merely through the rose colored lenses of your own eyes. I do so love the complement; it makes me feel real." Maired was always so much more insecure than her 'brother' ever was, the persona that melded into hers finally to become whole after years of separation of a sort.

"You've been real since the day you were born; that you had a different beginning makes no difference to me, and you know all of our friends and family don't see you as anything but whom you present...my adorable dear!" Erica leaned closer and kissed her on the cheek.

"I still feel awkward; like I'm just pretending." She frowned and looked in the mirror. Some of their friends said she bore a striking resemblance to Julianne Nicholson, the actress with the same hued but short red hair. Truth be told, Maired looked like her 'brother,' only softer; the benefit of learning how to use makeup to her advantage and a contribution from someone further back in her family tree that gave her a very fey look, as her mother had playfully teased her. But what had been somewhat embarrassing for Mark became a sort of blessing when Maired finally emerged.

"I think you're gorgeous, and at the end of the day, it's what I think that counts, my dear, SO THERE!" Erica went to nuzzle Maired's neck, but life has a way of inserting itself even in the most romantic of situations.

"Mommy?" A soft voice followed by knock at the door.

"Deedee, honey, Momma and I are having some huggy time, okay?"

"I can't sleep. Can I sleep with you?" The little girl knocked once again; a tentative rap on the door by their four-year old daughter.

"One second, baby." Erica turned shrugged once. Maired frowned, but Erica smiled and kissed her very slowly and tenderly.

"Later."

"As always, my dear."


The Sixth Symphony (Pastoral)
Fifth Movement
Ludwig Van Beethoven

up
113 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

You Say So Much

littlerocksilver's picture

... with so few words. Love transcends all, and you make it so clear.

Happy anniversary. This is a better place because of your presents(sic).

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

awww

Oh, so sweet. And such a perfect little scene. Thank you for all the stories you've shared with us over the last two years, and here is to many, many more.

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Two wonderful yeras of stories

RAMI

The first of 100's and I am sure more to come. Most amazingly is the range of stories, songs, poems and parodies. I know you have more breadth and depthy then any other author here. This short lovely story is justa nother examaple of that.

RAMI

RAMI

This Cannot Be Spoiled

joannebarbarella's picture

One of those perfect vignettes that you toss out so casually, like a pinch of salt over the shoulder,

Joanne

Just an interlude

laika's picture

But so nice to catch up with Maired and Erica again, and find them doing so well.
~~hugs, Veronica


May your Light Forever Shine, and if it Doesn't Steal Somebody Else's...

.
The closest approximation to what it's like in my brain:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u08E7c-FRbU&t=4s

Perfect pitch...

Ole Ulfson's picture

Sweet, lovely, mellow and in perfect close harmony.

Ole

-------------------------------------------

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!