War and Peace Pt 11

Printer-friendly version

War and Peace

By

Jacquimac

Part Eleven

The General promised to look into our predicament and after getting directions to the Admin Center left with his escort.

Our forces took complaints seriously and dealt harshly with the guilty, usually a long jail sentence after being dismissed from the services and losing any pension rights etc.

We could only hope the enemy force cmmander would hold an investigation before things escalated out of control, illegal medical experimentation was illegal under the Geneva Conventions and was classed as a War Crime.

Whatever the outcome was in the end it would it would cause us problems, Although we could prove our identity with witness statements, DNA tseting was also available but whether our side would agree to to it was another matter.

A few days later we heard that the Commandant, doctor and several others had been arrested and an investigation into their actvities was in progress.

Several officers arrived at the settlement and took statements, I had to uncover my SMG and other equipment and surrender it all as evidence which I did.

As far as I could find out the doctor was carrying out some rather bizarre experiments and sugical proceedures. It appeared that he was recruited by the Commandant and was being blackmailed into turning certain types of criminals into Female prostitutes and that had been curtailed when they had been sent to war.

The doctor was allowed to carry out his sugical experiments on subjects provided by the Commandant, the victims were soldiers in their own army that were guilty of "Cowardice in the face of the enemy" and had been sentenced to be shot.

Unlike our own forces the death penalty was still carried by some armies it would seem.

They only got caught because we had talked to the Commanding General and recognised the doctors name as someone who was wanted in their own country.

Our own medical officer had been working the main hospital since the last of wounded recovered and had been kept separate from the team, he hadn`t known what was was going on as he was escorted to from his place of work and lived on the side of compound.

He came to the settlement accompanied with a couple of shrinks, while the new girls were being assessed by the shrinks he and I talked for a while I told him what had happened to me since their capture right up till the new additions to the settlement.

With a lot of help from myself and the settlements women the rest of girls appeared to adapt to their situation reasonably well, for two of them it was going to be difficult when the war ended as they were or had been married men with children. but as we had no idea how long the conflict would last there wasn`t a lot anyone could do.

Except for given help and support to our victims life went on as usual in the settlement, the investigators got all their statements and left so peace and quiet reigned once again.

The days past and soon it was time to get ready to get ready for winter setting in. Time to round up the livestock and clear the rest of fields of what we grown to supplement our and the livestocks food supplies.

As long as we kept our people busy there was no time to brood on our own problems, we knew that there would problems enough in the coming months.

Rumour had it that our forces to going to start a big push as soon as the snow cleared so all we could do was wait and hope that they would be successful.

We had just managed to clear the fields and get all the livestock rounded rounded up when the snow hit with a vengence it had been a couple of years since it had been this bad and three days before we could get out to start clearing paths and feeding the animals.

The engineering unit at the Admin center were sent out with bulldozers to clear the worst of the deep snow of the roads and that made our task a bit easier especially when the cleared round the animal shed and barns, that would give us better access for feeding them.

As usual we sewed or knitted in the evenings, funny enough I never missed Television at all and enjoyed keeping busy and we certainly did that along with playing with the children.

As a man I had always been in competition with the rest of guys but as a woman I didn`t have to compete anymore , I had finally accepted that I could no longer return to my former life as a male but I was worried that the rest of team might not be able to adjust no matter what help they were given.

Winter lasted a bit longer than we expected this year, but we managed to stretch what resources we had, it was a good thing that we planted extra so food hadn`t been a problem. The main problem had been feed for the livestock so we had cut back slightly on what we usually fed them except for animals that had given birth.

up
89 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

War and Peace Pt Eleven

Glad that the General is an Officer and a Gentleman of high caliber

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine