Jumpin' Gigawatts!!!

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Character Age: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 


 


Sometimes life is like a shootout or a debate or even a struggle to exist. And sometimes you just don't feel like going on, right? But sometimes....


Marlene McFly:

Listen! I'm not really feeling up to this today, so I'm gonna have to forfeit!

Bo (Real Life - RL) Tannen:

Forfeit? *Forfeit*? [to his gang]

RL:

What's that mean?

Insight:

Um, it means that you win without a fight.

RL:

Without fightin'? She can't do that.[shouts]

RL:

Hey, you can't do that! You know what I think? I think you ain't nothin' but a coward! And I'm givin' you to the count of ten to come out here and prove I'm wrong! One...

Marlene:

Self... Come on. Straighten up, girl. Let's go. Come on.

RL:

Two...

TG Vet #1:

You gotta get out there, girl. I got $50 gold bet on you, so don't let me down.

RL: Three...

Skeptic 1:

I got $100 gold bet again' you, so don't let me down.

RL:

Four...

TG Vet 2:

You better face up to it, girl, 'cause if you don't go out there...

Marlene:

What?

RL:

Five...

Marlene:

What if I don't go out there?

TG Pretender:

You're a coward! I ought to know!

RL:

Six...

Lurker:

And you'll be branded a coward for the rest of your days!

TG Pretender:

Everybody everywhere will say, "Marlene is the biggest baby on the net!!!"

RL: [stops and thinks, turns to a gang member who holds up seven fingers] Seven...

Reader:

Here.[slides a laptop to Marlene]

RL:

Eight...

Marlene:

I already got a laptop.

RL:

Nine...
[long pause]

RL:

Ten...

[pause]
Real Life:

You hear me, girl? I said that's ten, you sissy!

Marlene:

[thinks] WTF?!! I don't care what Real Life says. And I don't care what anybody else says, either!

* * * * *

It's been a really rough couple of weeks, folks, but like my dear sweet Marlene might say, WTF? No matter what you may be going through, real life isn't as bad as it makes itself out to be, right? Don't let the problems and the pretenders and the lurkers get you down, okay?

up
98 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you 'Drea,

ALISON

'my sentiments entirely! There are too many R.Soles in the world.

ALISON

Just a tiny nitpick...

Gigawatts. The giga- prefix, usually pronounced in modern society as, "gih-guh," is actually pronounced, "jig-uh," instead.

One-point-twenty-one gigawatts.

done and done!

Andrea Lena's picture

...Thanks! How are you, by the way?


Dio vi benedica tutti
Con grande amore e di affetto
Andrea Lena

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Depends

erin's picture

Math and language geeks say gih guh; engineers, except computer engineers, say jih guh. Physics majors look confused. :) Some British math geeks say gai guh, just to make things difficult.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Does that mean

British mathematicians are gai guh counters?

Commentator
Visit my Caption Blog: Dawn's Girly Site

Visit my Amazon Page: D R Jehs

Either way...

... it's still SPELLED g-i-g-a

Re: Depends

Math and language geeks say gih guh; engineers, except computer engineers, say jih guh.

I've never, ever, heard it pronounced jig gah, only gih gah!

Dave.

If I found the genie In the bottle

littlerocksilver's picture

... you and several other folks here would get the benefits of the first wish. When I was sure everything was right, I would make a little wish for myself. I might have to get a transgendered lawyer involved to make sure we had all the bases covered. I think I would reserve the last wish for emergencies.

Girl.jpg
Portia

Portia

We Have Too Many Bo's

joannebarbarella's picture

You can't let 'em win. Bring on the DeLorean, quick,

Joanne

I Shall Get All Superior And Start A Pointless Flame War

joannebarbarella's picture

My O.E.D. says the correct pronunciation is "geiger" as in geiger-counter. Now, don't try and tell me you ever heard anybody call it a jigger-counter. So there!

Joanne