A Perfect Match?

Printer-friendly version

Can a young college grad, a 450-year-old pirate, magic jewels, multiple transformations, history, old movies, costumed role playing, and a trusted employee's greed mix together to yield true romance?

A Perfect Match?
By
Julie O

Edited by Amelia R.

Chapter 1

Ed Ainsworth sat nervously outside the office of his boss. He had no idea why he was there; after all, he had only been working for the company for three weeks.

Nervously, he glanced at his watch again; it was now after six in the evening, and he wondered if the big man had forgotten about him.

He had been hired after graduating from the University of Connecticut and had originally been assigned to the Hartford office. He'd just been getting settled in his new cubicle when he'd been told to report to HR.

The HR manager had then told him that he was being transferred to the main office in Seattle. Ed was shocked, as he was just an entry-level employee and couldn't understand why they would need him in Seattle.

It got stranger when he arrived at Sea-Tac and was whisked away in a limo to meet with the CEO and founder of the company, Mark Walken.

Everyone who was hired at Walken Inc. knew about the founder. While his past was somewhat shrouded in myth and legend, they all knew how he had created a Fortune 500 company from scratch in less than ten years.

Walken Inc. was involved in everything from international shipping to microchips and had major offices in six countries.

Ed had heard all the stories about the CEO, and the one he liked the most was that he had made his initial fortune after learning the MIT blackjack card counting technique. He didn't know if it was true or not, but it was a good story.

He looked at his watch again and wondered what was going on. The office was now empty, and even Mr. Walken's secretary was gone. He debated how much longer he should stay.

Chapter 2

"Are you sure about this one?" asked Mark Walken from behind his desk as he paged through Ed's personnel file.

"Yes, sir," replied the man. "I ran all the tests on him, and he passed with flying colors."

Mark Walken was a handsome man who looked as if he was in his early forties. He was six-two and weighed around two hundred pounds, all of it muscle. He was very pound of his physical condition, and he worked out daily to maintain his shape. His thick chestnut colored hair was long but neat.

Mark shifted to the report the man hand just placed on his desk and opened it up.

"I can summarize that for you, sir. The candidate was raised in foster homes and is single. According to the company doctor, he's in excellent shape with no health issues," said the man.

Mark nodded without looking up. Ed was six-one, one hundred and eighty pounds, blue eyes, no scars, no tattoos, and had 20-20 vision. Additionally, he was single and not currently dating anyone.

"No one will miss him," continued the man.

Mark glanced up at the man. "Thank you John."

John wasn't the man's real name. He worked for Mark in a variety of jobs, but wasn't listed on the company's roster of employees. Additionally, he had one of those undistinctive appearances. He was of slightly above average build, with dark hair and complexion. Some people looked at John and thought he was Mexican, while others thought he was either Mediterranean or Middle Eastern. John's background was part of the reason why Mark trusted him, as John's family had been in his employment for years. He was also impressed by the fact that John always got the job done. Mark also liked the fact that John had the look of someone you wouldn't want to anger, and therefore be reluctant to question.

"I wasn't expecting a male," said Mark. "Not that it will matter if he is the one."

"Do you want to see him, or should I send him back to Hartford and keep looking for a woman?"

Mark shook his head. "I've been searching too long; let's see if he's a match."

"I'll send him in," said John.

"Stand by; if he isn't a fit, I'll need you to send him back to Hartford."

"And if he does?" asked John.

"Then you'll know what to do," said Mark.

Chapter 3

Ed walked into the office and saw Mr. Walken sitting behind his large antique oak desk. Ed glanced around at the variety of artwork and historical relics on the walls of the office. If he didn't know better, he would have thought it was a museum.

On one wall there were a variety of historical weapons ranging from broadswords to flintlock rifles. If they were real, they would be worth a small fortune. On the opposite walls were several paintings. Ed wasn't sure, but one looked like a Van Gogh and another looked like a Picasso. Behind Mr. Walken's desk was a shelf of ancient pots. Ed recognized one as ancient Greek and another as Minoan.

Mr. Walken looked up. "I suppose you wonder why you were brought here, Mr. Ainsworth."

Ed nodded nervously. "Yes, sir."

"Please sit down. Do you like to be called Ed or Edward?"

"Ed is fine, sir."

"Ed it is. Anyway, I like to randomly meet with some of the new employees, get an idea of who we're recruiting. When this company started, I met with everyone, but we're way too big now," explained Mr. Walken.

Ed nodded as he settled into the plush leather chair.

"Do you like my collection?" asked Mr. Walken. "I noticed you seemed interested."

"It's very impressive. Is that a Van Gogh?" asked Ed.

Mr. Walken nodded. "I bought it a few years ago. I've been collecting these things for years. I bought these vases when I was in Greece."

"They're fantastic," said Ed.

"I have something you might find even more interesting," said Mr. Walken. He held out his hand and showed Ed his ring. It was gold and had what looked like a very old ruby mounted in it.

Ed looked at the ring. There was something strange about it, he thought, but he couldn't place his finger on it.

Mark felt a slight tingle from his ring and smiled. At long last, he had found the person he had been looking for.

"Excuse me, Ed," said Mark. He pressed his intercom button. "John, please stand by. I will need you to take care of things. Thank you."

Ed continued to stare at the ring on Mr. Walken's finger. It was impossible to pull his eyes off of it. Suddenly, he became aware of a weird sensation that was beginning to sweep over his whole body. He rubbed his fingers together and noticed that everything seemed to be slowing down. He tried to stand up, but couldn't. It was as if all his strength was pouring out of his body.

Mr. Walken got up from his seat and walked around the desk. He stood in front of Ed and smiled.

"Don't worry, this won't be painful."

Ed tried to speak, but found that he couldn't move.

Mr. Walken leaned down and began to unbutton Ed's shirt. "I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but this will only take a moment."

Ed couldn't reply but he could still see. He saw Mr. Walken pull what looked like an ancient leather pouch out of his side jacket pocket. He opened the pouch and took out what looked like a round pink gem.

Without a word, Mr. Walken leaned down and opened Ed's shirt up and pulled up Ed's t-shirt. He then placed the gem in Ed's navel.

Ed felt a strange warmth flowing outward from his bellybutton. It wasn't painful; in fact, it was very pleasant.

Mr. Walken picked Ed up and carried him over to a leather couch. Without saying a word, Mr. Walken proceeded to undress Ed. Soon Ed was completely naked and lying on his back.

"Well, let's see how you turn out," said Mr. Walken.

Chapter 4

Ed gave up trying to move. Whatever Mr. Walken had done to him was too powerful. He wondered what was going on and what Mr. Walken meant by saying how he'd turn out.

He could feel that something was happening, but he couldn't move his head to see; all he could see was the ceiling.

Mark sat and watched with anticipation. He sipped his Scotch as he watched Ed slowly transform.

The young man was gradually morphing into an attractive woman - well, that wasn't exactly true, as Ed would maintain his penis, but otherwise he was becoming very feminine.

He soon had two large round breasts. His waist shrunk down as his hips expanded. Mark estimated that Ed was now five-six and had a figure around 36-D-24-34. That was one good thing about being an engineer; he was good at estimating sizes.

Ed now had a very sexy face. He, rather she, thought Mark, had nice pouty lips, high cheek bones, and very sexy green eyes. Her hair was growing out and was auburn in color. It was soon shoulder length.

Ed's penis was very small, barely an inch in length, and it looked rather cute on her otherwise female body. Of course, there were some internal changes that couldn't be seen.

Now, what to call her? thought Mark. He decided to call her Emma Jones. It was one of the false identities that he maintained in the company database. In many ways, she reminded him of a woman he had loved many years ago.

He reached over and touched the gem, which now appeared to be part of Emma's body. He knew that it was now a permanent part of Emma's body, and any attempt to remove it would be fatal.

"Before I let you up, I need to explain a few things. First, you belong to me, and you will find that I can control your every move. At first, you may try to resist this, but as the days pass, you will no longer feel the need to rebel, as you will become extremely devoted to me," said Mark. "The pink gem in your body has transformed you into my sexual match. We were made for each other. Now, just so you don't worry, you will now have a new identity. Your name is now Emma Leslie Jones; Edward Ainsworth no longer exists. In time, you will forget he ever existed. You will have a full history, and no one will suspect your past."

Emma? What is he talking about, thought Ed. I'm not a woman!

"You will also find that you accept your new feminine status," continued Mark.

Ed's mind was racing as he tried to absorb what was happening. Maybe this is all some wild nightmare, he thought.

"I will allow you to get up and examine your new body; however, for your safety I will maintain control," said Mark. "Now, Emma, please sit up and look at yourself."

Ed sat up and was immediately aware of the changes. He reached up and cautiously cupped his breasts. They were real, he might be asleep, but the nightmare was real.

"There is a full length mirror in the bathroom. Please, Emma, go and see your new body," ordered Mark.

Ed got up and walked towards the restroom. He noticed that he was much shorter; he also noticed that his body seemed to flow as he walked. His hips swayed and his breasts bounced.

He gasped when he saw his reflection in the mirror. He looked totally different. His face was so feminine. He reached up and touched it, just to confirm that it was him, or rather her. With the exception of an extremely tiny penis, she was totally female.

Emma had to admit that she was very attractive. She had a very curvaceous body, very soft, non-muscular. Her skin tone was also very light. She had auburn hair and green eyes.

She then touched the pink gem and immediately pulled back; it felt like it was part of her. She touched it again and confirmed that it was now part of her body.

"Don't try to pull it out; you would die," said Mark. "Now, what's your name?"

She closed her eyes and sighed. She tried to speak her old name, but all that came out was Emma.

"Your complete name, please, my dear."

"I am Emma Leslie Jones," she replied. Her voice shocked her as it had a slight English accent to it.

"Very good, Emma. The accent is quite lovely. It reminds me of the women back home," he said. "I haven't been back to England in years, but it's still holds a sweet place in my mind."

It was strange, but Emma suddenly recalled that she was twenty-six and had been born in Plymouth, England. Her parents had moved to the United States when she was twelve, and she had become a naturalized citizen. Her parents, who she could picture in her mind, had died in a car crash five years ago. She knew that it wasn't true, but it felt so real; in fact, she felt real pangs of missing them.

She could remember attending college to get a business degree, but losing all desire after her parents died. Her first job had been as a secretary for a small company in Boston that had been bought out by Mr. Walken.

"Emma, There are some clothes inside the restroom that should fit you. Please get dressed; I'll be waiting out here."

Emma nodded. She found the clothes and began to get dressed. Surprisingly, everything fit her perfectly. The bra was her exact size, as were the panties. She then put on the garter belt and stockings, remembering to place the garters under her panties. Next she put on a tailored gray skirt, a white silk blouse and a jacket. She then looked at the shoes. They were black leather pumps with three inch heels. She slipped them on and found they also fit.

She brushed her hair and then applied her makeup. She tried to rationalize what was happening, but nothing made sense. She had never put on makeup before, yet, she knew now how to do it. She also discovered her ears were pierced, and she inserted some gold hoops.

Overall, she looked very respectable and quite attractive. Not beautiful, but attractive. She realized that she would blend in with society and wondered if this was part of Mr. Walken's plan.

Mr. Walken was sitting behind his desk and looked up when she walked out of the restroom.

"Very nice, Emma. Please sit down; I'm sure you have plenty of questions."

Emma sat down and instinctively straightened her skirt and crossed her legs.

"Very much the lady," said Mark.

"What did you do to me?" she asked.

"You will be my secretary," said Mark. "Outwardly, you will be my loyal employee. However, you will also be my mistress. We will keep our relationship a secret for now; maybe if things work out, I will make you my wife."

She suddenly had memories of applying for the secretary position. Emma shook her head to try to maintain a grasp on reality. "Why me? I mean, couldn't you just get a real woman?"

"You're my match," he said as he extended his hand. "The stone in your belly is the match for the one in my ring. I've been looking for a match, a person who could wear the stone, for nearly seventy years."

Emma shook her head in disbelief. "Did you say seventy years?"

He nodded. "Since we're going to be so close, I can tell you the truth. My original name was Mark Goodson and I was born in 1555 in a small English seaport. Its name is unimportant, as it was a craphole then, and thankfully, it has disappeared over time. I went to sea like most young men to seek my fortune. I quickly learned that a deckhand on a merchant ship had no future, and so I jumped ship in Plymouth and joined the crew of Sir Francis Drake," said Mark. He then took a sip of his drink. "I'm sorry; would you like a drink, Emma?"

She nodded. "Yes, please."

He got up and poured her a glass of wine. He handed it to her.

"Thank you," she said. She sipped the wine. It was very good. "How did you meet Drake?"

"It was common knowledge that he hated the Spanish and wanted to make them pay for humiliating him in Vera Cruz. Back then, he had just been a smuggler, bringing in goods to Spanish colonies. Most colonial governors ignored this illegal trade and often profited by it. Well, one overzealous official seized Drake's ship and killed many of his crew. He immediately swore revenge and began to make the Spanish pay. Soon they began to call him El Draque, or The Dragon, and both hated and feared him. He wasn't content to just hurt the Spanish, but he also wanted to get rich from them. That's what attracted me to his service," explained Mark.

He refilled his glass and offered more to Emma who shook her head. He then continued with his tale.

"Now, back then I had nothing against the Spanish, but that would change over time," he explained. He took a sip from his drink. "Anyway, when I heard that Sir Francis was seeking men for a cruise, I immediately sought him out, as did many other sailors. Thankfully, one of his men was from my old town and recognized me and introduced me to Sir Francis. I was in good health and had three years sailing experience. He asked me if I could read, and of course I couldn't, but I could read a chart. I had studied with the pilot on the merchant ship I served on and had picked up enough to impress Sir Francis. The pilot, or navigator in today's terminology, was one of the most important men on the ship, and it never hurt to have someone who could stand in. "

Emma just listened in silence and drank her wine.

"Anyway, I sailed with Sir Francis and was with him when he captured the Spanish Silver Train in Panama in 1572. Now that was a great day! We really showed those Papists a thing! We had been operating in their lands for a while, aided by runaway black slaves called Cimeroons. They hated the Spanish as much as we did, if not more. First, we captured and looted the town of Nombre de Dios, then we later captured their treasure in the jungle. It was a hard fight, and only thirty of us returned to England, but we were rich! Anyway, I digress... it was in Panama that I found this," he said as she showed her the ring.

"Found?" she asked.

He smiled and shrugged his shoulders. "Okay, I took it off a Spaniard that I killed."

"Is it Spanish?" she asked.

"Who knows? Rubies aren't found in Central America, and the ring looks like it was made in Panama. The stone may have come across the Pacific and been traded in Panama. Spanish ships from Asia stopped in Panama, and their goods were transported over the isthmus to save time. However, it could have originated with the Mayans or Aztecs, they had very extensive trade routes," he replied. "Now, I didn't know that at the time, and I thought it was just a nice bauble, but then I found it had special powers." He sipped his drink again.

In spite of what he had done to her, Emma was fascinated by his story.

"Anyway, I didn't sell it and kept it as a lucky charm. I wore it when we attacked the Spanish port Cadiz in 1587. I was hit by a musket ball. The shot knocked me on my back, and I thought I was dead. However, when I sat up and looked down at my chest, I saw that I wasn't even bruised. Now at the time I thought it was just a spent shot, fired too far away to do any damage. Well, we easily defeated the Spanish and looted the town, which delayed the Armada from attacking England."

"How did you discover it was the ring?" asked Emma.

"It was later, during the fight against the Armada in the English Channel. I was serving on a ship captained by Sir Richard Thorn - now there was a good man! Sir Francis had promoted both of us as we had survived Panama with him. Sir Richard was better educated and was given a ship to captain, The Minotaur. He then picked me to be his first mate, and I couldn't have been prouder. Anyway, we had one of the fastest ships in the English fleet, and when we saw a straggler, we tried to take it as a prize. As we approached, we were hit by one of their cannons, one of the few shots that hit any of our ships. I caught a splinter in the chest and should have been killed. Instead, I just pulled it out and saw my wound heal before my eyes. Thankfully, no one saw this, or I would have been accused of being in league with the devil."

He emptied his glass and refilled it. He then did the same for Emma's glass. "Anyway, I felt a tingling from the ring after I was wounded. After the battle, I tested my theory. I took the ring off and cut myself with my sword. When I put the ring back on, my wound healed instantly," said Mark.

"And it also slowed down your aging?"

He nodded. "It is almost nonexistent. I then began to try to find out about the ring's power. I aged very slowly and didn't get sick. To avoid questions, I left England and headed to the Caribbean to become a buccaneer. I should have been killed several times over, but the ring always saved me. Knowing I couldn't die allowed me to build up a fortune attacking the Spanish. I gained a reputation as a fearless captain, but more importantly, it became known that my cruises were very profitable. I never had a problem manning a ship. I eventually acquired enough wealth to allow me to leave the brotherhood. I also educated myself further, as I realized that I could be a better pirate in the world of commerce than I ever could on the high seas. It was also more respectable and much safer."

"Didn't anyone notice that you were living so long?" asked Emma.

"Emma, it was a much simpler life back then; no one had 'documentation,' and all I had to do was move. Also, people didn't live as long. Now in today's modern world, I have to pretend to age and then start over somewhere else; it's quite annoying. Well, back to the pink stone. I found it and discovered that it had powers of its own," he stated.

"Who did you kill to 'find it'?" asked Emma.

Mark laughed. "You have a wonderful sense of humor, Emma! No, I didn't kill anyone to get the stone. It was back before I became a gentleman. I was in Port Royal Jamaica, following a very successful cruise with Sir Henry Morgan. We had looted Panama and were eager to enjoy our newfound wealth. By the way, all those stories about buried treasure are nonsense; any loot we got was spent on rum and women. I did the same at first, as I could always get more. Anyway, back to the story, I was recovering from a week of debauchery and felt a strange tingling on my ring finger. I then saw the pink stone. It was on a chain around the neck of a whore."

He took another sip of his drink.

"Anyway, she was a very unattractive woman, even by Port Royal standards. She had smallpox scars on her face and looked much older than her twenty-two years. When I looked at the stone, the image of a young beautiful girl who I had known in England came to mind. Before my very eyes, the whore became my old love."

"And she was your first?"

He nodded. "I found that I could control her and change her as long as she was wearing the stone. I then discovered that the stone had additional powers."

"Like turning men into women?" asked Emma.

He shook his head. "That's not its main power. I can control whoever wears the stone. But the person that the stone attaches itself to is special. That person wearing the stone is my partner for life. It doesn't work on just anyone. I've been searching the world for its match."

"I don't understand," said Emma.

"The image you now have matched my desires. While I would have preferred you to be a woman from birth, I decided to make do. The good thing is that you cannot get pregnant."

"So, I'll always be... in between?" asked Emma.

"For now, yes," he said.

"What good does that do you?" she asked.

"As I said, the stones have powers. Now, the way you look now is the real you from now on. However, I can change you just by thinking about it."

"What do you mean?" she asked nervously.

"Let me demonstrate; go stand in front of the mirror again," he said,

She set down her glass and walked over to the mirror.

"Now watch," he said.

Emma's eyes opened wide as she changed.

The transformation occurred amazingly fast and was also painless. Emma was now Asian, most likely Chinese.

She had long straight black hair and almond shaped eyes.

"Keep looking, Emma," he said.

She morphed again. In less than a minute, she was an attractive African woman with dark brown skin and very large breasts.

"All I have to do is think about it, and you will become the image of my thoughts," said Mark.

She watched as she returned to her original Anglo-Saxon female appearance.

"In the other forms, you are a complete woman," said Mark. "As you are, you have some other differences."

Still in shock, Emma turned to him. "Like what?"

He sipped his drink and smiled. "You have the equivalent of a clitoris in both your throat and in your rectum. They are only sensitive during sex," he said. "Also, your nipples will be ultra-sensitive, and you will be able to achieve orgasm just by touching them."

"In my throat?" asked Emma as she touched her neck.

"It makes up for the fact that you don't have a vagina," he said. "Trust me, you'll enjoy having them."

"And I can take any form that you desire?"

He nodded. "It makes sex rather exciting. I have some rather exotic sexual tastes, as you will learn. I can also change my form if the mood suits me."

"So I'm not the first?" she asked. "I mean, the first to have the stone as part of my body."

"No, Emma, you're not the first. While the stone protects you from physical injury, it doesn't prevent your aging," he replied. "My last partner died eighty-two years ago. She was sixty-five when she died, and we had been together since she was sixteen. I maintained her beauty until the day she died."

"Please, let me go. I don't want this," begged Emma. The idea of being with Mark for decades was too much to take.

"I can't. The stone is part of you until you die. You can't harm yourself - or me either; it's not part of your essence," he said.

She collapsed on the ground and began to cry. "This isn't fair."

"Life isn't fair. So, fair or not, you're mine. In time, you'll get used to it, and hopefully enjoy the life I am giving you. You will lack nothing. I plan on running this company for another ten years or so and then selling it. I will move away and eventually recreate myself. For now, you will be my secretary and mistress. When I leave the company, you will come with me and be my wife."

"You've thought of everything," she replied in a flat emotionless tone. Her voice reflected her sense of defeat. She wiped away tears that were rolling down her cheeks.

"I've been at this for a long time. For now, you'll live in a furnished apartment I own until your permanent home is ready," he said, "I will also provide for you a full wardrobe. Please, let me help you get up."

Emma took his hand and stood up. She then recalled his words.

"When you said you have exotic tastes, does that mean that you can change me into non-human forms too?" she asked.

"Among other things," he said. "Don't worry, I will give you time to adjust before we try anything like that. Now, John will drive you to your new home. He will also see to it that you receive your new identification papers. You will do whatever he tells you. Don't worry, he is a trusted employee and will not touch you."

Emma stared back. She wanted to tell him that didn't make her feel any better, but she held her tongue.

"Now, give me a kiss before you leave, my sweet," said Mark.

To her horror, she walked over to Mark and passionately kissed him.

"See, that wasn't so bad, was it? In time, you will actually enjoy it," said Mark.

Chapter 5

Emma explored her apartment. It was very nicely furnished. At least she would have a nice prison.

All the furniture was new and of very high quality. There was a large screen HD TV and a Bose stereo. The place also had a great view of Puget Sound from the living room window.

The kitchen was filled with the latest appliances and had both a fully stocked pantry and an excellent selection of wine and liquor.

John had brought up several bags of clothes and toiletries for her. He carried them into her bedroom.

"I will be here at nine in the morning," he said. "We have much to do before you start work. See you in the morning, Miss Jones."

Emma just nodded. Even if she had still been a man, it would have been difficult to overpower John.

Emma found that she had enough clothes to get by for a few days and suspected that John would be taking her shopping. What clothing there was was all high quality.

She continued to explore her new home. There was a small office that had a computer. It was already hooked up to the Internet. She then got an idea and picked up the phone, and to her surprise, she heard a dial tone. She was about to place a call, but then it hit her...who could she call?

To the entire world she was Emma Jones. If she called the police and told them that one of the most respected citizens of the city was actually a 17th century pirate and that he had used magic to transform her, they would laugh in her face. She hung up the phone and contemplated her future.

She found that if she concentrated, she could break out from his control, but she had no idea how long this ability would last. She could say her old name and could even write it down - that is, if she really concentrated. It was very tiring, but at least she found that it could be done. However, she decided to hide this ability. For now, she would appear to surrender and wait for an opportunity to break away. Maybe he was lying, and there was a way to kill him.

Chapter 6

After dinner, she went into the bathroom and began to fill the oversized tub. She undressed and carefully hung her clothes up. This caught her by surprise; as a guy, she had always been a slob.

She slowly lowered herself into the tub of hot steamy water. It felt very nice on her smooth body.

The strange thing about her new body was how normal it all felt. She found herself wishing that she was completely female. Her tiny penis looked very much out of place on her otherwise feminine body.

The momentary transformation into a total woman had left her longing, and she wondered if this was part of the way he would control her.

She ran her fingers over the stone that was part of her body. The stone was really part of her body now.

She also wondered what other things he'd alluded to when he talked to her that afternoon. He had said something about having exotic tastes, and she wondered what he meant by that.

Emma also wondered about her throat and rectum and wondered if he had been telling the truth. But she was too tired to investigate it that evening.

After her bath, she slipped into a silk nightgown and went to sleep.

Chapter 7

Emma made no effort to engage John in idle conversation. He was a strange man, and she wondered if he was also under a spell. He was almost like a robot, she thought.

The first couple of stops were to obtain her new identification. In less than two hours, she had a Washington State driver's license, a bank account, two credit cards and a cell phone.

Next, he took her to a very upscale woman's clothing shop.

"Mr. Walken has specific tastes for your working attire," said John. "The women here will be able to accommodate his wishes."

"Does it bother you what he's done to me?" she asked.

"No. It's not my place to question him," said John. His tone was flat and unemotional.

He parked the car and got out and opened the door for her.

"Are you going in with me?' she asked.

"No. I will wait outside. They've been expecting you and will take care of you. You also have an account here, so everything will be paid for."

"That makes it so much better," she muttered to herself as she walked inside the store.

Just as John had said, the saleswomen were extremely helpful. She soon had a very extensive wardrobe for work. Apparently, Mark had fabricated some story about Emma losing all her belongings in a fire.

"Now that you're all set for work, let's get started on the rest of your wardrobe," said Kristy, the head saleswoman. "It's so nice to see a young woman with a sense of style."

Most of the outfits were dresses and skirts. In fact, Emma soon realized that she didn't have a single pair of slacks. Everything was very feminine, and she wondered if this was done to enforce her new feminine status.

The saleswomen accepted her as a woman, and apparently didn't suspect that she had a penis.

Emma had to admit that the lingerie was very nice, all top of the line. She was also supplied with a large selection of silk stockings.

The store also had a full assortment of boots and heels. The women helped her pick out a dozen pairs of each to go with her new wardrobe.

They filled out her wardrobe with belts, handbags, and outerwear.

As Emma surveyed the growing number of bags and boxes, she wondered if it would all fit in John's vehicle.

What really bothered Emma was how normal it all felt. It was as if she had been wearing dresses her whole life, instead of less than twenty-four hours. She constantly had to remind herself that she was actually a male, Edward Ainsworth, born in Connecticut, and not Emma Jones born in Plymouth, England.

Just as John had said, the entire bill was paid for by Mark.

Without a word, John appeared and began to carry out the bags to the car. It took him several trips. He did it all by himself in an efficient and silent manner.

"So where are going next?" she asked.

"I'm taking you back to your home, Ms. Jones," he said as he opened the door for her. "You must be tired."

"Why, John, I didn't think you cared!" she replied.

Her response caught both of them off guard. In fact, while he didn't reply, Emma saw a slight smile momentarily appear on his face.

"I'll take you home; you'll be starting work tomorrow," he said.

"How will I get there?" she asked.

"You now have a car. It will be in your parking spot of the apartment building. The directions will be in the GPS monitor," he answered.

They drove towards her new home. Emma decided to try to break John's shell again.

"Doesn't it bother you what he did to me?" she asked.

John didn't reply at first.

Emma gave waited a few moments before asking him again.

"I heard you the first time, Ms. Jones."

They drove another block, and when they stopped at the light, Emma spoke again.

"So what does he have on you?" she asked.

He didn't reply, but Emma thought she heard him sigh slightly.

"So he did something to you too?"

"We're almost there; I'll bring your things up," he said.

Emma just nodded.

After everything was in her new place, John asked her if she needed anything. He told her where her car was and handed her a set of keys.

"I hope you can trust me someday," she said.

He appeared to look right through her for a moment before answering. "You need to be at work by eight. It should only take you ten minutes to get there. Security will direct you to your parking spot."

"Okay; well, thank you."

He then pulled out a business card and handed it to her. There was no name, just a cell phone number. "If you need anything, Ms. Jones, please call this number."

Emma smiled and took the card from him. "Thank you. John."

"Good night. Ms. Jones."

Chapter 8

The first few days at her new job passed without incident. In fact, everything seemed too normal, and Emma wondered if he had forgotten about her.

What was strange was how easily she had adapted to her new life. She found that she did things automatically, as if she had done them her whole life. Her petite penis was the only reminder of her past life.

Using her internet hookup in her home, she searched for any trace of her old life and found nothing. Edward Ainsworth had been erased. She did find information about her new life, including an article on her parents' accident.

She was brought back to reality on the third morning of her job.

The intercom on her desk buzzed, and she answered it.

"Ms. Jones, would you please come into my office," ordered Mr. Walken.

Emma got up from her desk and headed into his office. As soon as she closed the door behind her, she felt a change sweep through her body.

"You may need to remove your clothing, my dear," said Mr. Walken.

Emma could see what he was talking about. The buttons on her silk blouse were straining as her breasts grew.

Mark smiled as he watched her strip down.

Her figure was now very exaggerated. Her breasts were at least 38-G. They were huge and very round, with very prominent nipples.

Her hips and rear were also large; with her newly thin waist making them look even larger.

Another change was that she found that she was now a complete female. She didn't have time to study her new figure as she was suddenly overcome by what could only be described as pure lust. Her eyes were drawn to Mr. Walken, and all she could think of was surrendering her body to him.

She tried to speak, but nothing came out.

"It makes it more interesting," he said as he stood up and unzipped his pants. He pulled out an enormous erect penis. It was at least a foot long. "I can modify my body too."

Emma should have been horrified, but she was too driven by her desire to think. She quickly moved towards her boss.

"I know it looks big, but you can take it all, Emma. Now get on your knees and suck my cock, wench," he ordered.

Emma obeyed and felt his massive cock fill her mouth. It pushed in all the way and down her throat. Instead of choking, she found that she could easily take it all. Soon she was taking it in and out with an increasing pace. She felt an extraordinary pleasurable sensation growing in her throat, which only served to increase the speed at which she sucked him.

"That's right; you can feel the pleasure of your new body. It feels good, doesn't it?"

Emma didn't answer and just continued giving Mark oral. Instinctively, she began to finger her vagina. The pleasure was too strong to fight, and she surrendered totally.

They achieved orgasm at the same time. Emma was flabbergasted by the dual orgasms in her throat and vagina. They were so powerful that she barely noticed the fact that she was swallowing Mark's cum.

"Take it all, wench," he ordered.

Emma obeyed and swallowed every drop and finished by licking him clean.

"There, that wasn't so bad, was it?" he asked.

Emma just looked up at him and nodded.

"Another good thing about our pairing is that we can immediately start up again," said Mark.

He then lifted her up and placed her on his desk. His cock was immediately hard again as he pressed it into her vagina.

As he fucked her, he placed his hands on her colossal breasts. He squeezed her nipples as he moved his cock in and out.

Emma had barely recovered from her first orgasms when she felt the latest one building. This couldn't be happening, she thought as she momentarily regained mental control. But the growing sexual sensation was too intense, and she lost this fragile grasp of control.

The single orgasm was almost as pleasurable as the earlier dual one. She opened up her mouth and screamed out in pleasure, even though only silence came out.

Mark pulled out and nodded his approval. "You were worth the wait."

Chapter 9

Emma's body quickly returned to its pre-sexual form.

"Please get dressed, Emma," said Mark.

"Yes, sir," she replied. She seemed shocked that she could talk again.

"I know that this was a bit of a shock, but I've been waiting for someone like you for a long time. Just so you know, not all our liaisons will be this abrupt."

Emma didn't know what to say, and so she just continued to dress.

"You have to admit that you enjoyed it," said Mark. "Be honest, Emma."

"It was pleasurable, even if I was forced into it," she replied.

Mark didn't seem upset by her reply. "In time, you'll feel differently."

Emma finished dressing and returned to her desk. She tried to get lost in her work, but she kept thinking about the wonderful pleasure that she had just experienced. She was scared that Mark was right and that eventually she would lose all her resistance.

It was later that evening when the full impact of the experience truly hit her. She was lying naked on her bed and began to stroke her miniscule penis. It did get hard, but it was less than two inches long when fully erect, and the orgasm left much to be desired. She found that she got more pleasure from fingering her rectum and playing with her breasts. Additionally, she found that she was fantasizing about Mark's cock. It had felt so good in her mouth and even better in her vagina, when she had one.

She sat on the edge of the bed, longing to be totally female. OK, she thought, my life as a male is over. She accepted this, bedsides, being female had its advantages. What bothered her the most was that now Mark controlled her like she was a puppet. Also, deep down, she suspected that he would modify her in even more extreme ways.

Chapter 10

The next day she reported to work. She was wearing a suit with stockings and a garter belt. She wondered why he insisted that she only wear stockings, as he'd had her strip down totally. He would answer her question that morning.

Her phone rang, and she was surprised to hear Mark's voice.

"Emma, please be a dear and take off your panties. Don't leave your desk, just take them off there. Be in my office in one hour," he said before hanging up.

Emma wondered what he had in mind as she obeyed his command. Without standing up, she reached under her skirt and slipped off her lace panties. As soon as they were off, she felt a strange tingling.

With trepidation, she reached down between her legs and felt that she once again had a vagina. Then there was another tingling at the base of her back. She reached back and discovered that she now had a long furry tail.

It slipped down and flickered around as if it had a life of its own. She glanced back to see that it was around two inches in diameter and around three feet in length.

She then reached up to scratch her left ear. Her hand pulled back when she touched it. With both hands, she reached up and felt her ears. They were now pointed and covered with a light coating of fur. Thankfully, her hair style hid them from view.

What was he doing to her now, she thought. She reached down into her purse and pulled out her makeup mirror. She looked at her face and gasped. Her eyes now looked catlike, as did her entire face. Whiskers were also sprouting out to complete her feline appearance.

Suddenly the door to Mr. Walken's office opened, and he gazed out at her.

"Please come in, Emma; I have a saucer of milk for you," he said.

Emma tried to stand, but found that she could not walk on two legs. Walking on all fours, she followed her master into his office.

Just as he had said, there was a large saucer of milk on the floor by his desk. She was overcome by a craving and moved towards the treat. As she licked it up, she felt Mark attach a collar around her neck.

"Nice, kitty," he said as he began to pet her head.

Instead of being angry, all Emma could do was purr contentedly.

She felt him undress her and soon was totally naked. A light soft coating of black fur covered her entire body.

"Emma, my kitten, why don't you take a nap? I will be with you soon," he said.

Emma slowly moved towards the couch, climbed up on it, and curled up. Soon she was sound asleep.

When she awoke, she found her head in Mark's lap. He was now naked, and his erect penis was inches from her mouth.

"Take it, kitten," he ordered.

Emma immediately obeyed, and her mouth engulfed his cock.

"Yes, that feels so good," he moaned. "You make a very nice cat-woman. I think I will play around with additional animal forms."

Emma didn't care; she was too lost in the growing sexual bliss of his cock rubbing against her throat clit. The pleasure was too good, too powerful for her to resist, she craved the orgasm that he was about to give her.

It was as wonderful as the day before, if not better. She was on a sexual high that she had never dreamed possible when she had been a male. She hoped that he would fuck her too. One orgasm was not enough.

Mark didn't disappoint her as he mounted her from behind. His cock pressed deep into her vagina as her tail arched up between them, twitching in excitement.

Animal-like sounds poured out of her throat as she surrendered to the sensation of his cock pounding deep into her body. Who cared if she was half-human? The sex was too good and too addicting.

"When we're together, I can read your thoughts, my kitten. You are seeing what I can offer you; we will do things that you cannot imagine, and you will love every moment of it," he moaned as he fucked her.

Emma felt her body approaching another orgasm, and she howled in sexual delight.

Chapter 11

When she awoke, Emma found that she was back to her "normal" female form. However, she was still naked.

Mark was standing over her. "I see you've finally woke up. How did you like being a cat-woman?"

"It was interesting," she replied honestly as she stretched.

"I have one more thing that I want to try with you, Emma, before you dress," he said. He reached down and took her by the hand and helped her up. He then positioned her against his desk. She had her back towards him as he moved her down. He gently wiped something on her rectum. "It's time we see how you like anal sex."

While this possibility would have frightened her just a few days ago, Emma was immediately excited by the possibility of a new sexual experience.

His cock pressed against her, and after a momentary hesitation, entered her. It was not as she thought it would be; instead of feeling pain, all she felt was sexual delight.

Mark reached around and placed his hands on her breasts. He then began to pump her; Emma instinctively matched his rhythm.

"Can you feel your other clitty?" he asked.

"Oh, yes," she moaned back.

His pace picked up, and he began to fuck her faster and faster.

The only thing on Emma's mind was the impending orgasm. Resistance had evaporated, and she only wanted sexual joy.

The orgasm was as powerful as the others, and Emma moaned in delight as he came in her body.

"Do you still want to be a man?" he whispered in her ear.

"No," she replied honestly.

"You're mine, right?" he continued.

"Yes, yes, I'm yours."

"I thought so," he replied. A huge smile grew on his face. He leaned over and kissed her. "Now, clean up, my dear, and get dressed."

Chapter 12

While at work, Emma was content with her new life as his sexual toy. The sex was so good, and he did treat her well. It wasn't until she left work that she was able to have feelings of regret and resistance.

She now understood that the closer she was to the ring, the stronger his power was over her. This by itself meant little, as escape was still impossible. With his power and money, there was nowhere she could run to escape him. No, there had to be another way, she thought, as she prepared herself dinner.

As she ate, she thought about how great the sex felt. It was superior to what she had felt as a male, and better than what she could do by herself. She suspected that the real reason he was keeping her in between genders was to bond her to him and maybe to prevent her from trying sex with someone else.

When she was finished with dinner, she logged online and began to do some research. Maybe the answer to her predicament was in the past. Emma had always considered herself very savvy when it came to doing research. She would start with what he had told her about his past and work from there. Even if nothing came out of it, the online investigation gave her hope of breaking away from him.

Meanwhile, across town, Mark was at his mansion drinking a glass of two-hundred-year-old brandy. Emma was even better than he could have hoped. Her sexual energy was unrelenting.

The weekend was coming up, and he had some very special plans for Emma. He would give her a special order at work tomorrow and then await her arrival at his home. It would be a delicious weekend of one sexual experience after another.

He stretched out his hand and looked at his ring. Without it, he would have been dead centuries ago. It had allowed him to create fabulous wealth and power, and once again he had a lover that he could control and manipulate.

Mark refilled his glass. He wondered if Emma really believed what he had told her. It was true that he could tell the story very believably, but did she really think that he would keep her as his lover for decades? He snickered. No, he would wear her out and cast her on the trash heap as he had with all the others. Still, the girl had spirit, and she might last six months before he wore her out. At least she would die with a smile on her face.

Chapter 13

Emma felt her body change as soon as she drove off the company grounds. She glanced up in the rearview mirror and gasped.

She now had a very different look. Her hair was jet black and styled in a pageboy cut. Her complexion was so pale it could almost be called white. Her conservative outfit didn't match her new face.

Emma sighed and knew that it would be a very long weekend. She glanced at the computerized map on her dash and followed the directions to the store where Mark had told her to go.

She wasn't surprised when she arrived to see that it was a fetish clothing store. Mark had told her to buy an appropriate outfit.

"You'll know what to get. I expect you to look stunning," he had said before sending her off.

Emma entered the store and was greeted by a saleswoman.

"I'm Shannon," said the woman. She was dressed in tight leather pants with a matching bustier. Her long black with purple streaked hair was braided and hung down to the small of her back. "How can I help you?"

"I need a complete makeover, love," said Emma. She noticed that her accent was suddenly more pronounced and not as cultured as before.

"Well, you came to the right place," said Shannon with a grin. "So, what are you looking for?"

"I would like something very sexy," replied Emma. "My master said that money is no object."

Shannon nodded. "Does he like leather, PVC, or latex?"

"I think he'd prefer leather," replied Emma.

"Okay, well, let's get started. I think I have a few things that he'll approve of," said Shannon.

Emma smiled back in spite of herself. She had learned something new about Mark's powers; if he changed her to meet one of his fantasies, his control was very strong. Emma decided not to waste her energy by resisting him. No, her time would hopefully come another day.

"I see that you also have a salon here; do I need an appointment?" asked Emma.

Shannon shook her head. "Not today. What do you want done?"

"Nails, and makeup," she replied.

Shannon nodded. "It won't be a problem. So let's check out the outfits first. I have some things that will look great on you."

Chapter 14

It was nearly four hours later when Emma departed the store.

She was now dressed all in black leather. Her dress was a corset dress that shaped her body and showed off her ample breasts. She was wearing thigh high black spike heeled boots. Around her neck was a leather collar.

Her nails were now long and painted a deep purple. Her makeup was very exotic too. Shannon had applied lots of eyeliner and eye shadow. She must have applied half a tube of mascara to give Emma very prominent eyelashes. Emma's lips were deep red in color, with several layers of gloss on top to make them look wet.

She had a leather cuff locked on each wrist. The keys to the cuffs and the collar were in her purse.

Shannon had given her a complete tour of the shop. It was fully stocked with a variety of fetish outfits. Emma suspected that she would become a regular customer.

It took her a few minutes to get used to driving in the boots. Thankfully, her drive out to Mark's estate took less than an hour.

The good thing about being under his spell was that she looked significantly different from her normal appearance, so that, even if someone saw her, they wouldn't recognize her.

She pulled up to Mark's estate and pressed the intercom at the gate.

"Very good, you're on time. Just follow the driveway. It's nearly a mile to the house," said Mark.

Emma did as he ordered. They would definitely have their privacy, she thought.

Chapter 15

Mark inspected Emma's outfit and nodded approvingly. She had exceeded his expectations and picked out an exquisitely sexy outfit, not that she would be in it long.

He mainly wanted her to establish herself as his property at the store. This would enforce her role as his.

"Very nice selection, Emma. I particularly like the fact that you have a collar on," said Mark. "The next time you're there, I would like you to pick out some fantasy outfits to please me."

"I will," she replied.

He pulled her close and began to kiss her.

The rich aroma of the new leather outfit filled his nostrils and only served to increase his arousal. His cock hardened at the thought of filling Emma's body. He would take her all three ways this evening. But it would be just the start. She had no idea what was awaiting her.

Chapter 16

The sex was excellent, and Emma was soon intoxicated on a sexual high. She was lying naked on Mark's king-sized bed in her post-sexual glow.

Her entire new outfit was strewn around the bedroom.

Mark was lying next to her, his strong arm around her shoulders, pulling her close to his body.

"Did you enjoy that?" he asked.

"It was lovely," she replied with a sigh. "I'm just a little surprised that you removed everything."

Mark laughed slightly. "You'll find out why in a few minutes."

"What do have in mind?" she asked.

He stood up and took her by the hand. "Come with me."

He led her out of his bedroom and outside.

"I know it's a little chilly, but you'll warm up in a moment," he said as they walked across his yard.

Emma could see a large building ahead of them.

They walked in, and he turned on the lights. Emma looked around and could see that it was a stable.

"Step into that stall, please," he ordered.

Emma had to obey and did as he said.

She immediately felt a tingling over her whole body.

"This will take a few minutes, I love watching the transformation. Don't worry, it won't hurt," said Mark.

Emma felt strange all over, especially in her posterior. She looked back and saw that she was transforming. Before her eyes, she saw a long tail sprouting out from the base of her back. It was long and chestnut in color.

Next her body began to change. Her legs began to grow longer and more muscular. But that wasn't the most bizarre part of her transformation, as she grew another set of legs.

While she was still human from the waist up, below it was a totally different story. She was now a centaur.

Mark studied her appearance.

"The hair isn't right; it needs to be longer," he said.

With that, her hair grew out. It poured down over her shoulders and changed from straight and black to brunette and wavy.

"There, that's much better," he said.

Emma felt a little uneasy on four legs, and it took her a few moments to become steady.

"You'll spend the night here, Emma," said Mark. "You are truly magnificent to look at. I will be back in the morning."

Emma tried to protest, but all that came out of her throat was a whinny.

"Don't worry. I'll give your voice back in the morning. Now, get some sleep."

Chapter 17

Emma slept standing up and found that it wasn't as difficult as she thought it would be.

She was awoken by Mark the next morning, as he slipped a blanket and a saddle on her back.

"I just want to go for a short ride. Don't worry, no one will see us," he said. He then slipped a bridle on her.

She felt the bit being forced into her mouth. "Now, we won't try anything difficult, just a nice little trip around the grounds," said Mark.

Emma felt him take his place in the saddle. To her surprise, he didn't feel that heavy. He pulled back on the reins, and they headed out of the stable.

Instinctively, she followed his direction. She found that it was becoming very difficult to think as her equine side took over.

Mark was an expert rider and had ridden many horses in his long life, but this was the most incredible ride he had ever taken. He had long wanted to create a centaur, but none of his previous partners had been capable of the transformation.

Emma's breasts were bouncing gently as she trotted down the path. It was very erotic to see the beautiful half woman-half horse transporting him through the wooded lanes of his property. He was also becoming very aroused.

He knew that it would be difficult, if not impossible, to mount Emma in her current shape, but he wanted her so badly. There was only one solution.

When they returned to the stable, he took off the saddle and bridle. He then stripped down and changed his own form to that of a centaur stallion.

Emma eagerly accepted Mark and whinnied in delight as he mounted her. His cock was so big, and it pressed deep into her body. She felt his weight press down as he fucked her. The combination of her animalistic cravings and the intense pleasure of the lovemaking was almost beyond comprehension. They climaxed together, and when Mark pulled out of her, she collapsed to the ground.

Chapter 18

When Emma came to, she was in a large bed. She sat up and found that she was more or less normal. She looked like her regular female form, with one slight difference; she still had her vagina.

She got up and found a note by the bed. It read "Dear Emma, please dress in the outfit provided."

Emma examined the outfit. It was a simple white blouse and a long flowing indigo colored skirt. There was no underwear included with the ensemble. There was a lace-up crimson colored bodice that held in her waist and enhanced her breasts.

She dressed and brushed out her hair with her fingers as she had no brush. She examined herself in the mirror and nodded in approval. She was looking as good as she could, considering the circumstances.

Emma left the bedroom and found there was one lit candle after another. This was the only light. She shrugged her shoulders and followed the candles.

They led her to the large study, where she found Mark lounging on a couch in front of a fire. She noticed that he was wearing an outfit that could be best described as that of a pirate.

He was wearing black trousers tucked into boots, a white ruffled shirt, and a brocade vest.

In his hand was an antique pewter mug.

"Ah, you're up. Please refill my cup," he said as he held out the mug.

Emma nodded.

Mark pointed to a bottle of dark rum on his desk.

The outfit looked perfect on her body, he thought. She looked so much like one of those pretty tarts he had known back in old Port Royal.

She refilled his mug and returned it to him.

"I do miss the old days," he said softly as he pulled Emma down next to him. "It was so much simpler. The rules were black and white."

"So you don't regret being a pirate?" she asked.

"Not in the least," he replied. "Life was hard back then, and life was cheap. There was no safe life, so one had to look after their interests first. The merchant ship I left in Plymouth was attacked six months later by the Spanish. They tortured and killed the captain and navigator. They then enslaved the surviving crew. We, being Protestants, were seen as worthless, and they would sentence common sailors into a living hell as galley slaves.

"Now I had never been very religious, but out of respect for Sir Francis I attended services; he was a very religious man. However, it would have made little difference to the Spanish; they assumed anyone sailing against them was Protestant. Anyway, back to the men of my old ship, I know this wasn't just a story and that that their capture actually happened, as we captured a Spanish ship a year later, and I found three of my old shipmates onboard, in chains. All the others had died."

"What did you do?" asked Emma.

He smirked. "After we freed the men, we killed all the Spanish. I personally slit the throat of the senior surviving officer. It was very satisfying. I know this sounds harsh, but they would have done the same to us," replied Mark. He gently ran his hand through her hair.

Emma didn't sense the normal feeling of control that he usually had on her when they were close. He seemed distracted and lost in his thoughts. She decided to use this to her advantage.

"There's something I don't understand. If the ring protects you from physical injury, how did you kill the man who had it?" she asked.

He smiled. "Pure luck. I suspect the previous owner didn't know what he had. He wore the ring because it told everyone of his wealth. Well, I was assigned to attack the guards at the back of the mule-train. He was leading the remaining defenders. When we fought, he was wearing the ring on his sword hand. Now, since he was a nobleman, he had a fine rapier. Being a sea wolf, I had a cutlass, the weapon of a pirate. It should have been a mismatch, and he should have killed me easily. Oh, I was good at killing, but it was the brutal close-in sort of fighting. He was so arrogant, and he wanted to show me what a skilled swordsman he was, when he should have just killed me and defended his treasure," said Mark. He took another sip of his rum. "Anyway, his mistake was thinking that I was there to duel him. His arrogance sent him to his maker."

"What happened?" asked Emma. She found that she was truly fascinated by his story. I mean, how often can you say that you've talked to a real buccaneer?

"I was young and eager to get the treasure and wasn't about to let him stop me. I had already killed several of the guards. He had killed two of our men, and he stood between me and the treasure. Now, it was obvious that he was a man of high standing, judging by his clothing and armor, and he didn't think that I would be any trouble. He lunged at me and cut my arm. I screamed out a curse, and he just laughed. It was evident that he was toying with me. My blood was up, and when he struck again, I sidestepped his lunge and with one mighty blow I cut off his hand at the wrist with my cutlass. He fell to the ground gripping his wrist. Without hesitation, I cut his throat."

Emma gasped.

"Don't forget, my dear, he was trying to kill me. If I had been captured, he would have turned me over to the inquisition for torture and then execution," said Mark. "Well, after he was dead, I searched his body and took his coin purse and jewels. I then saw the ring on the severed hand and took it," said Mark.

"How do you know that he didn't bring the ring from Spain?" asked Emma.

Mark shook his head. "Unlikely, as most of those bastards came to the New World to become rich...just like me. Anyway, look at the stone; you'll see that it hasn't been cut by a trained artisan. No, he found it on some poor hapless native and took it. I do know that the ring was fashioned in Panama."

"And the jewel that I wear? Where did the woman you took it from get it?"

He sipped more of his rum. "She got it from another buccaneer, in payment for her services. I later found the man who had given it to her. He got it from raiding a treasure ship off India. He said it was part of a necklace, and he had been given the stone as his share. I've never found any of the other stones, although I've searched all over for them."

Emma felt him pull her closer.

"Enough talking, let's just relax, my sweet. Just lie here with me, and let us enjoy the fire," he said softly. "I've been lonely for so long. I just want someone to be close to."

Emma wasn't sure, but he sounded weary, and for a moment she felt compassion for him.

They fell asleep in each other's arms.

Chapter 19

Emma left Mark's estate in her work clothes. She was now torn by conflicting feelings. Part of her was still furious at how he had changed her. But she also felt some sympathy for him; after all, it must be difficult to live so long without having someone else.

When she got home to her apartment, she checked on the information that Mark had told her. Everything seemed to be true. His details of the events were very accurate.

She then surfed several information sites. It took her several hours and three mugs of tea until she found something promising. The articles made reference to a book that might lead her to the origin of the stone that controlled her life. She went to Amazon and ordered the book, along with several others on Sir Francis Drake, Sir Henry Morgan, and pirates.

Mark was also busy and equally conflicted. Was he actually falling in love with Emma?

This definitely complicated things. He knew that if they stayed the course he had set, she would be dead within the year. Yet, there was a way that she could live, but it would mean that they would have to be separated. Neither was the answer he was looking for.

He then thought about John. It was true that the man was extremely loyal to him, but it was in part due to the ring.

Somewhere out in the world, there had to be an answer to his predicament. Why couldn't he just use up Emma, like he had all the others, and move on? There was something very special about the woman, something that might even be worth giving up his long existence for.

On the other hand, the sex he was having with her was so addicting. The centaur lovemaking was beyond belief. He had other fantasies that he wanted... no make that... needed to try. There was no harm in filling his needs, he thought. Still, he could try to find a solution.

He opened his safe and pulled out an ancient manuscript. It made references to something that sounded very much like the stone in his ring. It also gave clues to the stone's origin.

He picked up his cell phone and called John. He would send him on a trip and hopefully find the answer.

Chapter 20

On Monday, Emma was called into Mark's office.

"Emma, please think about the most attractive woman that you had ever seen back when you were a male," he ordered.

"Do you want me to describe her?" asked Emma.

"It won't be necessary, just picture her in your mind. Think about an old girlfriend or someone you wanted," said Mark.

Emma thought about a girl from college. Her name was Jan, and she was stunning. They had been in a few classes together, and as Ed he had spent many a boring lecture staring at her.

She had short dark red hair with a very classic face. She had high cheekbones, thick pouty lips, piercing green eyes, and cute little nose. Her body was slim, but well proportioned with perky breasts.

As Emma thought about Jan, she began to morph into a carbon copy.

"Go look at yourself in the mirror," ordered Mark.

Emma did as he ordered and stared at her image. She really was Jan now, but why?

"Very pretty, what's her name?" asked Mark.

"Janet, Janet Paulson," replied Emma. She was still amazed at how much she looked like Janet.

"Where did you know her?" asked Mark.

"College," replied Emma.

"Did you ever date her?"

"No, we were just friends," replied Emma.

"Janet, come out here," he said.

Emma sighed and headed out of the bathroom. She looked over at Mark and gasped.

"What's the matter, Janet?" he asked.

Emma was staring at herself - rather, she was staring at the person she used to be, Ed Ainsworth.

She felt the familiar sensation of impending sex sweep through her. Even though she was appalled by Mark's latest sexual fantasy, she couldn't resist him.

It was like a nightmare, looking up to see your own face on the person who was having sex with you. Mark/Ed was doing her right on his desk and positioned her on her back.

She wasn't sure, but his cock seemed to be growing longer with each thrust. Her body adapted with each plunge to accommodate it.

He also seemed to make this sexual act last longer than before; he would bring her up close to the point of orgasm and then take it down a notch. By the time they both came, she was wild with sexual ecstasy.

As soon as he was done, he positioned her on her knees in front of him. His cock was well over a foot long, and Emma wondered if she could take it in.

As if he sensed her apprehension, he stroked her head and smiled. "Just relax, Janet."

He then pushed his cock into her mouth. Emma didn't resist and took it all in; it slipped deep into her mouth and down her throat. He pumped her faster and faster. Emma could feel it rub against her throat clit. She soon slipped into a near sexual trance due to the sensation of his cock deep in her throat.

When they came, Mark fired shot after shot of cum into her mouth; Emma swallowed it as fast as she could, feeling her belly fill with Mark/s seed.

"There, wasn't that fun?" he asked.

Emma just nodded, as she soaked in the post-sexual high she was on.

It wasn't until later that day, when Emma was home, that she was able to release her true emotions. She collapsed on her couch and began to cry. She buried her face into one of the throw pillows and sobbed. There was no way she could go on like this, she thought.

Chapter 21

Emma was hard at work when Mark asked her to come into his office the next day. It was nearly quitting time, and she had almost wondered if he had forgotten about her today. She knew what it meant, but instead of dread, she was filled excitement at the prospect of having sex.

She was dressed in one of her stylish, yet rather conservative work outfits. It was a gray suit with a white silk blouse. Mark liked his secretary to look very professional.

She entered his office and closed the door.

"Emma, there is an outfit waiting for you in my bathroom; please change into it. Don't worry about the size, it will fit as soon as you put it on," said Mark.

Emma nodded and walked into the restroom. Hanging on the hook behind the door was one of the uniforms worn by the cleaning company. On the counter was a plain white bra, panties, garter belt and flesh tone stockings.

Emma was surprised that the outfit was so ordinary. Still, she undressed and hung up her clothes.

The bra was huge, but as soon as she slipped it on, her breasts filled the cups. She now had 38-F breasts.

The panties were also large, but as soon as she put them on, her body adapted to them. She now had a very curvaceous body, with a very prominent ass.

After putting on the garter belt and stockings, she put on the uniform dress, which was very tight and showed off all her curves. A tingling sensation swept through her body. She looked at her reflection in the mirror and gasped. She was now a young Hispanic woman, and a very sexy looking one at that. Without even checking, she knew that she was completely female.

Looking into the mirror, she saw that she now had a very big head of hair. It was very thick and luxurious. She instinctively knew how to style it up. She looked down at the name tag and saw that her name was Maria. How original, she thought.

She reached up and touched her face, just to confirm that she was looking at herself. Her eyebrows were very thin and highly arched. In many ways, she looked like a stereotype of a hot Hispanic woman.

After letting out a loud sigh, she put on her shoes and headed out into Mark's office.

"Ah, Maria, it is good to see you're here today," said Mark.

"Si, Senor Walken," replied Emma. Her accent caught her by surprise, and she found that it was difficult to speak English. He sure thought of everything, she thought.

"Well, get to work, Maria, you have a lot of offices to clean," he ordered.

Emma nodded. "Si, Senor Walken."

She automatically knew that she was responsible for the offices on the second floor and immediately went to work. There were still a few of the junior executives working, and she could feel their eyes on her body as she worked. Instead of being upset by this, it only served to arouse her. She could feel her nipples hardening and desperately wanted to touch them. Her panties began to get moist as her state of arousal grew.

Her hearing was suddenly very sensitive, and she could hear every comment being made about her.

There were two men watching her empty the trash.

"Man, what an ass on that bitch," said the first.

"I know, I'd love to fuck it," said that other.

"I bet she could suck the chrome off a tailpipe," said the first.

Emma knew their names. The first one was Jim Stanton, and the other was Paul Owens. Both were in their mid-twenties, and Emma had to admit they were handsome men.

They were joined by Nate Carter, one of the few African-Americans at the company. He was very muscular, and Emma suspected he worked out a lot.

"Holy shit, the old man has really improved the work force," he said to the others. "What a hot looking piece of ass."

"So, Nate, do you like Mexican food?" asked Paul.

"Oh yeah. I'd love to taste that little tamale," he replied.

Emma smiled at the comments and felt her self-control slipping away. She then heard Mark's voice in her head. It was as clear as if he was talking to her in person.

"Emma, or should I say Maria, do you want to give yourself to one of them?" asked Mark.

"I want to be with you," she replied.

"Thank you, but answer my question, Maria."

"Si, Senor Walken, I need sex very much," she replied.

"Have fun then," he replied. "When you're done, I will see you in my office."

Emma gave in to Maria's lust and licked her lips in anticipation. When she turned around, she saw that the only one still standing there was Paul.

"'Cuse me, Senor, but is there any ting, jou need?" she asked as she licked her lips again. She looked down at his cock and smiled.

Paul looked around as if to see if anyone else was there.

"Yes, Maria, please step into my office," he said.

As soon as she closed the door to Paul's office, he pulled her into his arms and began to kiss her very passionately.

Emma/Maria offered no resistance as the handsome young executive ravaged her. She needed sex so bad and couldn't wait until his cock was in her pussy. He had lifted her up on his desk and had her legs over his shoulders as he fucked her. It was hard and fast; what it lacked in love, it made up for in animalistic passion.

As he came, Emma/Maria screamed out in ecstasy. Just like with Mark, their orgasms came at the same time.

Emma/Maria's eyes opened wide as Paul morphed into Mark.

"Sorry for the deception, Maria, but it made it more fun for both of us, don't you agree?" said Mark. "When you get dressed, head up to my office, and I'll change you back."

Maria/Emma nodded. Deep down, she was relieved that she hadn't been with another man.

Chapter 22

True to his word, Mark returned Emma back to her "normal" form when she returned to his office. After she changed, he waved her over towards his desk.

"I'll need your services out at my estate again this weekend, Emma," he said as he poured himself a drink.

"Of course," she replied without emotion. Seeing the drink in his hand, she pointed at it. "May I please have one of those?"

"It's port," he said.

"I just need a drink," she replied.

Mark poured her a drink. "What's the matter? You can speak freely."

Emma took a sip of the port and felt its warmth sweep through her body. "You must be kidding."

"No, please tell me what's bothering you."

"Where do I start? You stole my life and made me your sex toy. I've done things that I could never imagine doing," she replied as she slumped into one of the plush leather chairs.

"But you've enjoyed it," he interjected.

"Yes, the sensations are wonderful, but they don't last. I can't do this for decades," she commented.

"You'll adapt," he said.

"The body may last, but my mind won't," she said. "Please let me go."

He shook his head. "Give it time, Emma; you'll learn to accept your role."

"I don't have a real life; I work, I service you, and go home; that's it," she said.

"It's too soon to make you my wife," he replied. "Go home and relax, Emma."

She knew that there was no point in talking to him any further, but she couldn't let him just end it. "What are you hiding from me?" she asked.

Mark slowly shook his head and sipped his drink. "Not tonight, Emma."

Chapter 23

The next day Mark called Emma into his office.

"Please sit down, Emma," he ordered.

Emma did as he said. She wondered what was on his mind, as she didn't feel the normal pre-sexual sensations that she had gotten used to.

"I thought about what you said yesterday, Emma. You're right about one thing; it's time you started to develop a life outside of work and serving me. Tell me what you're interested in," he said.

Emma was slightly taken aback by this and wondered if there was a catch.

"Look, Emma, it's just that I had been waiting so long for you that I've gone overboard since you've changed," he continued. "We will still be having our 'sessions,' but I want you to have a life away from work too. Seattle is a wonderful city, and I'm sure that you can find something here to interest you."

This offer of limited freedom was almost too much for Emma to comprehend. It was as if she had given up having a personal life. Gradually, ideas came to her mind.

"I used to enjoy going to museums, sporting events, and traveling," she said. "I also like going to the movies."

"Okay, well, we have plenty of great museums here; I should know, as I contribute to many of them. As for sports, we have three professional teams, although I'm not so sure about the Mariners," he replied with a slight laugh. "Now, as for traveling, there are many nice day trips in this area."

"Aren't you afraid I will leave you?"

"You can't," he replied. "Besides, I can always find you thanks to the pink stone."

"Of course," she answered.

"I will allow you every other weekend for your own pursuits," he said.

"Thank you," she replied. There was genuine gratitude in her voice.

"Now, you should get back to your duties," he said.

Chapter 24

Emma was even more conflicted about her feelings towards Mark Walken. He could be so kind at times and then shift in an instant to being selfish beyond comprehension. She still had a feeling that he was hiding something about his plans for her, but she had no idea what it was.

On the way home, she had stopped at a local bookstore and spent two very enjoyable hours browsing. In addition, to buying several books on Seattle and the Pacific Northwest, she found the book that she had seen online.

She began to read it as soon as she got home, making notes along the way.

The story seemed fantastic, yet the author included a massive amount of evidence to support his theory. Emma knew not to accept everything the man wrote as fact, but it did provide a possible way for the ruby to end up in Panama.

The author claimed that in 1421, a huge fleet departed China and sailed all over the world. The fleet was led by Zheng He, and according to the author, the Chinese made contact with the people of the New World.

She wondered if the ruby had been brought to the New World by the Chinese. It could have been a gift, or a trade item, or been stolen. Emma remembered that the pink stone came from India. Between the book and her online searches, Emma discovered that China and India had been trading partners on and off for thousands of years.

While this theory may have explained where the stones came from, it didn't give her any additional insight into how the stones worked. It was possible that Mark was the first to discover the ruby's powers, but that was unlikely. There was also the possibility that other stones existed. Mark had said that he had searched for additional pink stones, but had failed to find any more. She shuddered slightly, thinking that there could be others currently going through the same sort of life.

Across town, Mark thought about Emma as he ate his dinner. Why did she matter to him so much? How many had there been since that first one back in Port Royal? He had lost count over the ages. There were some that he could still picture, but many were just shadows in his memories.

In fact, Mark was growing weary of life in general. He had lived so long, and what did he have to show for it? No family, no heirs, no history to recall he had ever existed.

Over the ages he had learned to avoid fame and instead had sought out security in secrecy. He had stopped caring about most things too. Oh, he donated money to charities and the occasional cause, but he didn't care about them. He just did it because he was expected to do it.

He stopped fighting in wars as he no longer cared who won. He had been on the winning side of several conflicts, back when he had idealism. Now, he only cared about his personal pleasure. In fact, he hadn't cared about a single person for over a hundred years... that is until Emma entered his life.

Why was she so special? 'Strewth, using a curse from his youth, meaning God's truth, she wasn't even a real woman! He pushed his plate away and headed over for a drink. The warmth of the dark rum brought back memories... back when he was truly alive and not a shell of a man. He closed his eyes and thought about sailing the Caribbean. Maybe it would have been better if had never seen the ring, he thought.

He reached down and rotated it around his finger. It had been decades since he had last taken it off. He had immediately felt pain from his old wounds, and it had felt as if the aging he had cheated had caught up with him. While he wasn't sure, he suspected that he would die within minutes if the ring came off. It would be so easy to do, just pull it off and drift off into oblivion; but the same thing would immediately happen to Emma. Damn that woman!

He walked down the hallway of his mansion to his study. Like his office, it was filled with things he had collected over the ages. There were weapons mounted on the walls, including several very valuable rapiers and other weapons. Above the fireplace was an original oil painting depicting the attack of the fire-ships on the Spanish Armada in 1588. It wasn't exactly accurate, but Mark felt it was close enough, considering few people would notice the mistakes.

He emptied his mug and refilled it from the bar. His mind drifted back to the first time he had seen one of his lovers die. At the time, he didn't know that removing the ring would doom her. She was just a slave girl that he'd bought in Tortuga, but she was so beautiful. The pink stone looked so nice against her brown skin.

It had all been so innocent; they were in bed, and she had asked to see the ring. The instant he removed it, she was screaming from pain. In less than a minute she was dead. He remembered holding on to her for hours before burying her lifeless body. No, Emma deserved better... but how?

Then with each new lover, he'd found that they'd only had a short lifespan. The longest any had lasted was just over six months. He didn't want that fate for Emma either.

He'd also learned that removing the ring affected him too. He would immediately start to feel the pain of his past injuries, and the aging he had cheated would try to catch up to him. As long was he wore the ring, he was fine, but as the years passed, he knew that to remove it would mean death.

Hopefully, John would turn up something in Shanghai. The ring carried a curse, and maybe there was a way to reverse it. In the meantime, he would try to win Emma over. He also knew that his dark side would use Emma in various ways, but there was nothing he could do about that. The connection between the ring and the pink stone controlled him as much as it did her. The longer he went without sexual pleasure, the more perverted his thoughts would become. He would try to keep their sex as mainstream as possible, but he made no promises. Sometimes just a random thought guided his libido and brought out some fantasy,

He was kidding himself, he knew that with each contact, his thoughts and sexual fantasies would become more and more extreme, until he killed Emma, drove her insane, or wore her out; none of which she deserved.

Draining his mug, he refilled it again. It would be another long night, and the only thing that kept his nightmares away was his old friend rum. If he could drink himself into a stupor, he wouldn't be tormented by the faces of his past.

Chapter 25

Emma arrived at Mark's estate on Friday morning. He had called her at home and said that he wasn't coming into the office, but rather she was to report to his place.

He met her at the door and escorted her up to a bedroom.

"I have something rather interesting to try this weekend, Emma. You said you liked going to the movies; are you a fan of old classics?" he asked.

Emma nodded.

"Excellent. Just so you know, you'll be in the same physical form this whole weekend, even though you'll be a different person," he said with a slight laugh. "That sounds weird even for me."

"What do you have in mind?"

"There are several costumes in the closet; you'll know what to do with them," he said. "I'll be in the study when you're ready."

Emma entered the large walk-in closet and gasped as she saw the intricate costumes. They were gorgeous period outfits. But then she realized they weren't really old, rather they were outfits from Hollywood epics.

She ran her fingers over the first outfit. It was a stunning dress, something fitting for the 17th century.

Emma stripped down and felt a wave of energy sweep through her body. She looked down and saw that she was completely female once again. She glanced in the full-length mirror and stared at her reflection. She immediately recognized the face looking back at her. She was the spitting image of the actress Olivia de Havilland.

"Oh my," she exclaimed aloud. She gasped as she also sounded like the actress.

"So, what do you have in mind?" she said as he reached for the first outfit.

Chapter 26

Mark eagerly awaited her appearance. He hoped she would be pleased with his choice and give into the fantasy... even if it was just for the weekend.

He had also taken a different appearance and now looked like a very young Errol Flynn. In fact, he was wearing an outfit very similar to the one worn by Flynn in Captain Blood. Mark had found most pirate movies comical, but for some reason this one had always interested him. Maybe it was because he had helped finance it, or maybe because he had known Flynn; either way, he was excited about the fantasy he had selected.

He was wearing knee high black boots, with his pants tucked into them. His shirt was white, and he was wearing the same vest as before. He was even holding a sword to complete the look. He was now Dr. Peter Blood, convicted rebel, ex-slave, and now a pirate.

Emma entered the study in her ornate dress.

"Are you in here, Peter?" she asked.

Mark smiled, as it meant she was playing along with the role. "Yes, Arabella, come to me!" he called, referring to her as the character Olivia de Havilland played in the movie, Arabella Bishop, the niece of the cruel Colonel Bishop.

Emma entered and walked softly towards Mark. She noticed he looked as she had remembered Errol Flynn looking in the movie. Being it was one of his first movies, he had not yet grown his famous moustache.

She walked over to him and curtseyed. The only sounds in the study were from the roar of the fire and the ruffling of her petticoats.

"You look lovely, my lady," he said as he took her hand and gently kissed it.

"You'll look better once you grow the moustache," she said with a slight giggle.

"Noted," he replied. "But we must stay in character, don't you agree, Arabella?"

Chapter 27

For the first time since she had been with Mark, they made love instead of just having sex. He was loving and passionate, and they fell asleep in each other's arms in his bed.

When Emma awoke, she still looked like Olivia, and Mark still looked like Errol.

"That was wonderful," she sighed.

"I have to agree; I had forgotten that it could be like this," he said.

Emma bit her lip slightly before speaking. "If it can be like this, I can accept what you've done to me."

"You mean that?" he asked.

"Yes, this was romantic," she said.

"It was nice, wasn't it?"

"Promise me something, please," she asked.

"What is it, my dear?"

"Don't ever have sex with me as my old self again," she said. "You have no idea how... how degrading that was."

"I'm sorry," he said softly.

Emma wasn't sure, but he sounded very genuine.

"Anything else that you'd like to be off limits?" he asked.

"No more animals or partial animals," she said.

He just nodded at first. "You're not the first to object to that."

"Look, I accept that we're connected somehow. I'm not a prude, but to make this work, I need more than to be just driven by lust. You can change my looks to suit your desires, but let's keep it human, okay?"

He nodded. "But you don't mind this?"

She smiled back. "I've always loved this movie."

"What about other ones?"

"You mean with Errol and Olivia?"

He nodded.

"I loved The Adventures of Robin Hood," she confessed.

"You'd make a very lovely Maid Marian," he said.

"I just want to see you in tights," she replied barely containing her giggles.

"For you, anything," he said as he leaned over and kissed her.

Chapter 28

Emma had to admit that it was it was thrilling to make love to Robin Hood. Mark in his Errol Flynn/ Robin Hood persona was extremely handsome and dashing. He also had the wit and personality of Robin of Locksley.

As for herself, Emma got totally caught up in her role as Maid Marian, the ward of King Richard. Now that there was passion in their lovemaking, it was extremely fulfilling. Before, the sex had been great, but it left nothing inside; it was like junk food, but now she was at a feast.

She also sensed a huge change in Mark. He had such a soft compassionate side to him, which Emma suspected that hadn't been out in ages.

"So, do I really look better with the moustache?" he asked.

She nodded. "It makes you look so dashing."

Mark pulled her close and kissed her. She was coming around, and he could sense that his change in tactics was working. But it wasn't being done just to trick her. He too was enjoying it. He almost broke down and told her the truth, but decided not to spoil the evening.

They had spent the day in the woods that surrounded his estate. It was silly, but he had truly enjoyed himself. It felt good to let his guard down and act a fool.

Emma was impressed that he was actually a pretty good archer and could hit the bullseye eight times out of ten. He told her that he liked to practice as a form of relaxation, but that he usually didn't wear green tights and a cap with an feather in it. He also said that he usually didn't have such a lovely woman for an audience.

"So, what role do you want me to play tomorrow?" she asked as she cuddled closer to him.

"We haven't done a western yet," he said hopefully.

"Hmm, well, we have several options," she replied. "I think we should do Dodge City; it's the best of his westerns in my opinion."

He nodded in agreement. "So that would make me Wade Hatton and you Abbie Irving."

"My, you certainly know your old movies," she said.

"Movies are something that have given me continuity in my lives," he replied. "There's a dress in the closet that should be nice for you."

They looked into each other's eyes as if they were lifelong lovers.

"You know...I wouldn't object to doing this again," she suggested.

"Really?" he asked.

"I'm sort of surprised that you didn't want to do The Sea Hawk; it would seem right up your alley," said Emma, referring to the Errol Flynn movie where he played a privateer at the time of Queen Elizabeth I, just before Spanish Armada attacked.

Mark shook his head. "While it's an entertaining movie, it hits too close to home."

"Really?" she asked.

"I don't want to talk about it," he said. "There are certain wounds that shouldn't be reopened."

He cracked a small smile and reached over and ran his hand gently across her face. "Maybe someday I'll tell you about it."

"Okay, that one's out, so why don't we do different people next time," she said.

Mark propped his head up with his hand. "What do you have in mind?"

"Well, since you like old movies too, how do you feel about being Bogart?"

"Go on," he said.

"What about Casablanca, To Have and Have Not, and The Big Sleep?" she suggested.

"Ingrid Bergman and Lauren Bacall?" he asked. "That would be very nice."

"I know," she said. "See how much better this can be if we work together?"

"I was just thinking the same thing," he said.

He stared into her eyes as he reached out to stroke the side of her head.

"Please kiss me, Robin," she said.

"As you wish, Marion."

Chapter 29

Emma had to admit that Mark/Errol/Wade looked very dashing. He was dressed in an outfit fitting for a Hollywood western of the 1930's. He had a huge Stetson on his head, a scarf around his neck, and was wearing ornate cowboy boots. Around his waist he wore a gun belt with a pair of Colts in the holsters.

He had brought in two horses for the day, and they had gone for a ride. Mark explained that he loved to ride, but didn't want to own his own horses; it was easier to lease them. The stable hand took the horses from them and apparently didn't care or notice that Emma and Mark looked like Errol Flynn and Olivia de Havilland.

Emma/Abbie's dress was nice. Mark liked the fact that she was wearing a corset and petticoats. She complained that her outfit had made it difficult to ride.

"I know that they can't be all that comfortable, but there's something very sexy about a woman in a corset. It's one thing I miss about the past, when I was with a woman, it took time to undress her, and it built up the pleasure," lamented Mark.

Emma laughed. "It's not easy walking in a dress with petticoats either."

"Ahh, but it makes it easier to catch you!" he replied.

Emma/Abbie raised an eyebrow, and in a flash, she hitched up her hemline and ran off towards the mansion. He caught up with her just prior to reaching the door. He scooped her up in his arms and carried her inside.

"That was pretty sneaky!" he commented.

"I'm amazed you could run so fast in those boots," she replied.

"It wasn't easy, Abbie," he said as continued to carry her.

"Are you going to put me down?" she asked.

"Not until we get to the bedroom," he replied.

"Don't worry, Wade, I'm not going to run away from you," she replied.

Chapter 30

The lovemaking lasted all afternoon and into the evening. They had stayed in character until just before the last session when he changed them back to their original forms. Emma discovered one difference; she was now completely female.

"Do you mind?' he asked.

Emma shook her head. "Just one question, will you leave me this way?"

He nodded.

Emma broke out in a big smile and kissed him.

"Does that mean that you accept that you're a woman?' he asked.

"It means that I'm glad that I'm not in between," she replied.

"I have left you with your additional clits, even though you'll always have a vagina. I figure you might enjoy keeping them."

Emma nodded. It did make anal and oral sex more enjoyable when she could reach orgasm. Several times with Mark, she had gotten a dual orgasm, and they had been incredible. He was right; she didn't want to give them up.

"Thank you," she replied.

After they made love, they cuddled together in bed.

"So, you don't mind that you're a woman now?" he asked.

"Let's just say that I'm accepting the fact that this is my body," she replied.

"Fair answer," he countered.

"I still don't forgive you for what you did to me, but I want to thank you for giving me a say in this. I don't feel like a slave now," she continued.

"But you don't hate me anymore, right?"

She nodded.

"Do you like me?" he asked.

"When you're like this, yes, I like you," she said.

"But you don't love me...."

"No, I don't love you... yet, but if we continue like this, anything is possible," she said.

"That's all I can ask for," he said.

Emma debated asking him what he was hiding, but decided not to spoil the moment. They had made progress that weekend, and he now saw her as a woman, not a sexual toy, not just his property; in time who knew where it would go.

Chapter 31

Monday morning, Mark got a call from John.

"What did you find out?" asked Mark.

"You were right, sir," answered John.

Mark smiled at John's usual short answers. So the stones came from China, he thought. "Excellent, and what else do you have?"

"I'm meeting with a man today who can translate the parchments," said John.

"Keep me informed," ordered Mark.

"If this is the information you've been seeking, will you keep your word?" asked John.

"I always keep my word, John," said Mark. "Yes, if this is what I've been looking for, you will be released."

"Thank you, sir," replied John.

Mark hung up the phone and opened up a file that was lying on his desk. It contained a copy of the parchment that John had in China. Mark had acquired the document thirty years ago and had only translated a third of it.

The document was a mishmash of languages and codes, but from what he had been able to decipher, it told about the gem he wore in his ring. Maybe the rest of it would give him a way of breaking the curse. He no longer wanted to live forever; he wanted to live out his life with Emma.

She was now imbedded in his mind; he found that he was thinking about her all the time. It had been so long since he was in love that he had forgotten how intoxicating it was. He could only hope that she would learn to love him back.

Emma was different from all the others. By now, she should have become subservient and totally devoted to his personal pleasure as the other ones had become. Instead, she had fought off the effects of the stone and had become the woman of his dreams... not his fantasies.

He had forgotten what it was like to be with such a woman; it was long overdue. He closed his eyes and could picture her standing in front of him, and a smile appeared on his face.

With thoughts of Emma fresh in his mind, Mark picked up his phone and called a local vintage clothing story to place an order.

Chapter 32

For the first time since her transformation, Emma didn't have any apprehension as she walked into the workplace. The weekend she had spent with Mark had left her refreshed and hopeful for the future.

Deep down, she still knew that she was dealing with an over four hundred and fifty year old pirate, who had centuries of time to practice deceit. Still, he had taken her input for the first time and had treated her like a person.

She also found herself looking forward to their next weekend. When she'd got home the previous evening, she had gone online and found a store that sold vintage lingerie. She planned on getting a corset fitting, so she could have several made. Even though she had complained about wearing one, she did like the way it made her figure look.

Emma realized that she was changing, and at times it was hard to remember what it was like to be a man. She still wasn't happy about being transformed, but her anger was fading.

Another thing that changed her attitude was that she was completely a woman now. The tiny penis that she used to have had been a constant reminder of who she used to be. If she was forced to live as a woman, she wanted to be complete.

The orgasms that she could now achieve were superior to what she could recall from being Ed. Mark had told her that while he would keep her a woman, she couldn't get pregnant from him. Both of them were sterile.

Emma really didn't mind this fact, as she was nowhere close to being ready to be a mother. Besides, what sort of life would the child have?

She took her place at her desk and happily went to her routine.

Chapter 33

After work she got her corset fitting. She ordered three, including a plain white one that she could wear to work.

The woman who ran the shop told Emma that they would be ready in two weeks. She then asked Emma if she was interested in more recent undergarments.

"What do you have?" asked Emma.

The woman, whose name was Yvonne, led Emma to her showroom.

"When you told me that your man liked you in a corset, I thought you'd be interested in things like these too. Many women buy them for their lovers who like costumes," said Yvonne.

Emma looked at the collection of girdles, Merry Widows, waist-cinchers, bras, petticoats, and slips.

"These are the real thing, not recreations. I was lucky to acquire several crates that had been in storage for decades. Most were manufactured in the 1930s and 1940s," continued Yvonne. "Many men en go crazy for the old style. I can also give you the address of a store that sells shoes, jewelry, dresses and outerwear. You know, things like gloves, coats, scarves, and hats."

Emma picked out several items, knowing that Mark would enjoy removing them from her body. She smiled at this thought; she now considered herself to be female.

The vintage clothing shop was closed, and Emma made a mental note to stop there the next day.

On the way back to her apartment, she stopped and had her nails done. She was suddenly filled with the urge to be very feminine, as if giving in to her body had broken down her mental resistance. It was like a dam breaking, and now a wave of femininity was engulfing her. She would also get her hair styled as soon as she could make an appointment, as she had a good idea of how Mark liked her to look for work. Besides, if he didn't like it, he could always change it.

In her mind, she accepted this as the logical thing to do. She was stuck with this body, and there was no reason not to keep it looking as good as possible. She also wanted Mark to love her as herself, and not change her into a fantasy woman every time he wanted sex. The role-playing she didn't see as an issue, but she didn't want to be another race, or size, or part animal. Obviously, Mark had picked out a look for her that meant something to him.

While it did enter her thoughts that her change in attitude was all part of the spell, she shrugged this off. The last weekend had given her a peek into the real Mark Walken, and she sensed that he really cared about her, not as a sex item, but as a lover.

If her fate was to be his match, then it would be much more tolerable if he actually loved her and didn't just lust after her.

She could live with that, she thought.

Chapter 34

Emma was called into Mark's office the next afternoon. She was wearing a navy colored two piece dress suit. Underneath, she was wearing one of the corselettes she had bought.

"Emma, please come here," he ordered.

She walked over to him and he pulled her down onto his lap. As he ran his hands over her, he looked up and smiled.

"What do we have here?" he asked.

She just smiled back.

He slowly began to undress her. His eyes opened wide as he unbuttoned the top part of her outfit revealing the silk slip and then the bra portion of the corselette.

"This is a very pleasant surprise. You did this for me?" he asked.

Emma nodded.

He reached up and placed his hand behind her head, gently bringing her lips to his.

Emma trembled, not from fear, but from joy. She could sense that he was truly pleased by her gift. Their kisses were extremely passionate, slowly building up the sense of arousal between them.

Mark carefully stood up, and in one flowing movement, scooped Emma up into his arms. He then carried her to the couch.

Unlike the near animalistic sex that they had had in the office numerous times, this was lovemaking. Mark tenderly undressed Emma slowly, as if he was savoring every moment. His touch was soft as he caressed her body.

"You have made me so happy, Emma, my dear," he whispered into her ear in between kisses.

Emma wasn't sure, but it sounded like he was on the verge of crying.

"I have longed for this for hundreds of years," he continued.

"I'm yours, my love... and you are mine," she replied.

"Yes, my love... we belong to each other now... no matter what the tide may bring in," he said.

Chapter 35

Emma held onto Mark tightly. She didn't want him to let go of her.

Neither spoke, as words were not necessary. Mark knew that Emma was his and that she loved him. In return, he loved her with a passion that he had not felt since those wild days on the Spanish Main. Nothing else mattered now to him. He could only hope that John would bring him the way to lift the curse that had controlled his life and that could save the woman of his dreams.

Emma, while not knowing the turmoil that Mark was struggling with, knew that she was deeply in love with him.

Mark finally looked at his watch and let out a sigh.

"We need to get dressed, my love," he said.

"Do we have to?" she asked.

He kissed her and nodded. He saw the sadness in her eyes and reached over to caress her face. He then came to a revelation. The answer was as clear as day.

"Emma, I want to be with you. Do you feel the same about me?"

"Yes, Mark, I do. I honestly want to be your woman," she replied.

"Things are happening, and in the next week or so I will be leaving Seattle. I want to see the world again and live life... not just exist. I want you to be with me. But, I will not force you. You can answer honestly," he said.

Emma's eyes opened wide, and a huge smile appeared on her face. Tears of joy began to run down her cheeks, flushed with passion. "I want to be with you more than anything in the world."

"Even more than being your old self again?" he asked.

Emma nodded. "I've changed, Mark. That part of my life is over, and I accept it. I want to be with you, and hopefully you will open up to me."

He kissed her on the lips. "All in due time, my love."

Chapter 36

John boarded the jet in Shanghai for his return trip to the states. At least his employer gave him first class accommodations. He motioned for the flight attendant and asked for a drink. A short time later, she returned with a glass of champagne.

He had worked for Mr. Walken his entire adult life, like his father and grandfather before him, and like them, he had been raised to serve the man.

Naturally, he knew the story of his family's long relation with Mr. Walken. His great-grandfather was the first, when Mr. Walken had bought his freedom from a prison ship headed to the prison at French Guyana.

Seventeen-year-old Jacques Rochelle was a convicted smuggler and murderer. If it hadn't been for Mr. Walken's intervention, he would have died in the tropic hell of the French Penal Colony of Guyana, known as the "Dry Guillotine."

Instead, he was initially trained as a servant. Over the years, Mr. Walken had educated Jacques and taught him the ways of the world. Many years later, to Jacques' total surprise, Mr. Walken set him up in New Orleans to run an import/export business.

Mr. Walken told him he wanted someone he could trust to occasionally perform 'tasks' for him. He would allow Jacques to have a family and to prosper, but that Jacques must swear eternal loyalty, under pain of death, to Mr. Walken.

Jacques agreed, and he worked for Mr. Walken until he turned over his duties to his son, Armand.

John also knew his family history and the mysteries of Mr. Walken. John's grandfather had married a Creole woman and had followed Mr. Walken to California. His father had served Mr. Walken until his death ten years ago, when John took over the family duties.

At first, John felt honored to serve, but he soon began to feel different. While his family had blindly served Mr. Walken, John began to question their servitude. While it was true that he was very rich, he longed for more. How come Mr. Walken never aged? John, whose real name was Jean, which he hated, wanted the immortality and the power that Mr. Walken processed, and now he saw his way to take it.

No one in his family had ever known how Mr. Walken lived so long. Being loyal men, they never asked either, but John watched and studied the man. The parchment he had just had deciphered confirmed his beliefs. If he, John Rochelle, could take the ring, he could have wealth beyond his wildest dreams. He could also have women, real women, to serve his every desire.

He was well aware of Mr. Walken's exotic tastes and laughed to himself. Compared to his own sexual fantasies, Mr. Walken was a puritan. John would also use the ring to gain real power, not just wealth. Who knows, with the right moves he could rule a country. Mr. Walken had grown soft and only sought personal pleasure. John, on the other hand, would become a powerful man.

He hadn't planned to make his move so soon, but the translation told him that Mr. Walken might be planning on destroying the ring, and John couldn't allow that. If the old man wanted to die, so be it; but why waste an object of power in the process, thought John. No, he would plan a way to get the ring and make himself powerful. Mr. Walken's death would also mean the instant death of his freak of a lover, but John gave her little thought, she was unimportant and weak, and he gave her no more thought. She was not worth worrying about. He motioned to the flight attendant for a refill of his drink.

Chapter 37

Mark inspected the various wardrobes that he had purchased for the weekend. It was silly, but he was really looking forward to the role-play that awaited both of them.

John would be arriving late Sunday afternoon. Mark would have preferred to meet with him sooner in the week, but John requested some personal time in Hawaii, and Mark didn't see a reason to deny it.

From what John had said on the phone, he had been very successful. The parchment was almost completely translated. There was only one line that was left to be decoded.

Mark planned on a weekend of enjoyment with Emma and then hopefully, if everything worked out, the start of the rest of his life with her.

He had enough wealth spread out throughout the world to last a dozen lifetimes. He would sell the company and spend the next few years exploring the world with Emma. After that, if he felt like it, he could easily start another company. He would sell his present company; he'd had numerous offers over the years. He didn't want to be bothered with business decisions.

He decided that he would first turn Emma into Ingrid Bergman, or to be more accurate, Ilsa Lund, and he would become Richard Blaine.

He couldn't believe that he hadn't done this sort of fantasy before, as he loved classic movies. Then again, he hadn't been with a woman like Emma in ages. He went down to his study and poured himself a drink. He then sat down in his chair and thought of the woman that had changed his life.

Mark shook his head in disbelief at the thought that Emma had once been a male. She was such a sophisticated woman now. He had noticed her attention to her looks, moving more towards sophistication from her original style. He had initially programmed her to be neat and professional, but her move towards elegant femininity was so delightful. What was also exciting was that it was her own doing.

Mark went down to his study and filled his mug with rum. He sat down on the couch and stared at the painting above the fireplace. He could close his eyes and feel the movement of the ship, the smell of the smoke, and the heat from the fire.

He then thought about the original Emma, whom he had based his new love on. Emma Richmond was an exquisite lady of high class and stature. She was the only daughter of one of the richest men in Plymouth, and Mark had fallen immediately in love with her, even though she never noticed him. Then again, why would she? She was a noblewoman, and he was a commoner.

He had first seen her when he was still respectable. He was one of the brave privateers that sailed for England against Spain under Sir Francis Drake.

Her father, Sir Peter Richmond, had wealth, and he had secretly financed many of Sir Francis's trips and had become extremely prosperous by doing so. Mark suspected that he'd wished that he could sail with Sir Francis, but he was too conservative and image conscious.

Mark could still picture the first day he had seen Emma. He had escorted Sir Francis to the Richmond manor, just outside Plymouth. Mark had been invited along to protect the treasure that was being delivered to Sir Peter following one of their raids. He felt honored to be trusted by Sir Francis with such responsibility.

Emma had arrived by carriage at the same time, and he couldn't take his eyes off her, as she was the most perfect woman that he had ever seen. She had hair was auburn, and her eyes were as green as the leaves on an oak tree. Her complexion was light, as was the fashion of the day. In fact, she looked as if her skin was ivory. What Mark remembered most was her almost lyrical laugh. It sounded like the song of a lark.

Of course, she paid him no attention as she walked into her home, but Mark could remember everything about her to this very day, from the aroma of her perfume to the color of her dress.

Over the next few months, he'd observed her from afar, hoping that some day he could acquire the wealth and status to one day ask for her hand in marriage.

The news that the Armada was sailing towards England filled Mark's heart with joy. This could be the opportunity he needed to achieve the status to take Emma as his wife.

He served as second in command under Sir Richard Thorn on the Minotaur. He could not ask for a better assignment, as Sir Richard was a great man, and a superb captain. They had been on several adventures together and both men thought highly of each other, even though they were from different classes.

Sir Richard was one of the gentlemen fighters who had served with Sir Francis from the early days. He was no effete snob either. He was a dangerous warrior and not a man to be taken lightly, as many a dead Spaniard had discovered.

Fighting against the Spanish wasn't enough; Mark had to distinguish himself, and so he'd volunteered for an extremely dangerous mission, the attack of the fire-ships against the anchored Spanish Fleet at Calais on July 28th, 1588.

Fire ships were older vessels, filled with gunpowder, pitch, and other combustibles. The goal was to attack at night, sail close, light the ships on fire, and sail them into the anchored Spanish. It was a common tactic of the day, although it was very dangerous to the crews of the fire ships, who had to stay with the craft long enough to ensure it would reach its target, but not so long as to be on board when the ship exploded.

Mark was on the lead ship, and he steered it towards the Armada before jumping to safety. He had been the last man on his ship to leave. He'd watched with delight from the boat that had picked him up as his fire ship struck one of the hated Spanish warships. He could hear the screams of alarm and fear coming from the crews as they rushed to save their ship. While the fire ship didn't destroy the Spanish warship, it did initiate the hoped for panic among the ships of the Armada.

Mark knew that the fire ships didn't actually have to hit anything to be successful. The Spanish feared these vessels, as they had been used against them many times. They called them "hell burners," because sometime the ships would explode, showering the vessels being attacked with flaming debris.

A shipboard fire was terrifying, and even though the Spanish were anchored close to shore, this was small consequence to the men on the Armada's ships. There would be no escape if their ships caught fire, because as unbelievable as it may sound, many couldn't swim.

The attack was extremely successful, and the surviving Spanish cut their anchors and sailed away in confusion and panic. It was like a flock of panicky sheep scattering from a wolf. Even ships not in danger cut their anchors and fled. This was a victory in itself, as now the Spanish ships couldn't anchor and therefore had to keep sailing. The planned invasion was prevented, and the English fleet could now attack the disorganized Spanish and chase them from the Channel. Sir Francis later congratulated Mark for his role in the triumphant attack. It was the proudest day of his life.

The following day, at the battle off Gravelines, Mark again demonstrated his bravery. Sir Richard Thorn had been wounded, and Mark took command of the Minotaur. He pressed the attack started by Sir Richard and aggressively engaged the enemy. It was during one of these attacks that he was hit by the splinter. He pressed the attack and was credited with sinking one of the Spanish. Sir Richard personally thanked him for his brave handling of the ship.

Mark continued to serve as acting captain and stayed with the English fleet which harassed the surviving Spanish up the east coast of England and north to Scottish waters. The Spanish were then forced to sail around Scotland and Ireland in order to return home. A huge storm off Ireland wrecked many more of the Spanish ships.

Mark returned to Plymouth a hero. Sir Francis personally praised him as one of England's finest sailors. Mark's head was spinning with the possibilities that were being offered him. He was sure to get his own ship, which would allow him to get wealth and status.

But all his dreams came crashing down to earth when he found out that Emma was engaged and due to be married in less than a month. He'd watched in disbelief as she left the church with an obese repulsive nobleman twenty years her senior. Her new husband had not even fought in the battle!

Mark had immediately found a public house and got roaring drunk. Nothing he had accomplished in his life mattered anymore.

He had lied to his new Emma about how he had first tested the power of the ring. It was true that he suspected something was strange about his two brushes with death, but he didn't know for sure until during his bender. On the fourth night of his binge, overcome by grief and despair, he took out his dagger and tried to slit his throat. There was no reason to live any more. To his total amazement, the wound sealed immediately. Confused, he stabbed himself in the stomach, and the same thing happened, the wound immediately healed as soon as the dagger was removed. It had then hit him that he couldn't die.

The next morning, he'd staggered out and signed onto the first ship that was leaving for the Caribbean. He had discovered that he could change his appearance just by thinking of a new look.

This had happened by accident as he sat in the bar trying to clear his head. As he made plans to leave England, he wished he looked different, so that no one would recognize him. He rubbed his chin, and to his shock he had a full beard. He looked at his reflection in the window and found that, just by thinking of it, he could change his looks.

He signed on as a common sailor using the name John Blackthorn, after a fellow privateer and illegitimate son of Sir Richard, the first of many names he would use. Mark Goodson ceased to be.

When the ship pulled into Jamaica, he jumped ship. His life in England was over, and so he'd started on the road to being a pirate. Mark remembered the date as if it had been etched into his very soul. For it was on March 15th, 1589 that Mark had turned his back on humanity and dedicated his life towards personal wealth and pleasure. He had resigned himself to the fact that he would never have a family.

The pink stone allowed him to change his lovers. It wasn't until his third lover that he'd discovered that the stone could become part of her. It also increased his power over her and allowed him to change her into any form he desired.

Over the years his sexual tastes grew more exotic, and he took great joy in transforming his lovers. Still, part of him longed for his lost love. It was true that two times before he had changed women to try to match Emma's beauty, but they were shallow imitations.

It was also true that he knew little of the original Emma; she could have been a shrew for all he knew. He had been held back by his birth and his class. But over the years, he regretted that he'd never even tried to talk to her.

Now, he had a woman with Emma's beauty on the outside and a spirit on the inside that was even lovelier. Emma Jones was a woman worth giving up immortality for.

Chapter 38

Thursday afternoon, Mark called Emma into his office.

"Do you have plans for this evening, Emma?" he asked. The question amused him, as a short time ago he would have just told her what to do; now he was asking her.

She shook her head.

"I'd like to take you out for dinner," he said.

"Aren't you worried that someone might see us together?" she asked.

"They wouldn't recognize me," he replied as he held up the ring. "Dress casually, I'll pick you up at seven."

"That sounds nice," she replied. "Thank you for asking me."

Chapter 39

Emma changed into black slacks and a red sweater, as it was the most casual outfit she currently owned. She smiled at the fact it was the first time since her transformation that she wasn't wearing a dress or a skirt.

Mark arrived at her condo on time. He looked slightly younger and now had a neatly trimmed full beard.

"I'm in disguise," he admitted as he entered her apartment. He was dressed in jeans and a black turtleneck sweater. "One of the many advantages of the ring."

"You look nice with a beard," said Emma.

He leaned over and kissed her.

"Thanks. I used to have one... in the old days," he admitted.

"So, where are we going?" she asked.

"A little seafood place down by the waterfront. It's a locals' place, very casual, but the food is excellent," he said. "They also have a pretty good English pub next door."

"That sounds nice," she replied.

"Good," he replied.

He drove them over to the restaurant in an old Landrover.

"This blends in better in the neighborhood than a limo," he explained.

"It suits you better than a limo," she replied.

As promised, the restaurant was nothing fancy, but the food was excellent. Emma ordered fish and chips, and Mark had the same. After dinner, they headed to the pub for drinks.

"It's weird, but this place seems so familiar," noted Emma. "I mean, it's like I've been here before."

"Part of your history as Emma Jones," explained Mark, as he pulled out a seat for her at an open table. "The owner of this place served in the Royal Navy and lived in Plymouth for years. He modeled it after a place he used to frequent."

Emma nodded. "I suppose that makes sense. To be honest, I can no longer tell which memories are real any more."

"I apologize for that," said Mark. "It must be difficult to lose everything about your past."

Emma shrugged as she sipped her pint. "It's not all that bad. I didn't exactly have a great upbringing. I never met my real father, and my mother... well she was no saint."

"I know you were raised in foster homes, but I didn't look into all the details," said Mark.

"My mother... she slept around and ran with a bad crowd. I was often left alone for days at a time. When I was ten, she was sent to prison for assisting in an armed robbery; she wasn't any better at crime than she was at motherhood. The last time I saw her was when she was sentenced; she never even said goodbye. None of my family wanted me, so I entered the foster family system. I dedicated myself to my studies and earned a full scholarship to college. No one gave me a thing."

"I'm sorry," said Mark.

"I was hoping to start my life anew, but I had no idea how new it would be," continued Emma. She smiled at Mark.

"I'm sorry," repeated Mark.

"Don't be," she replied softly. "Yes, I hated you when you first changed me. I plotted ways to get back at you, but that's all changed."

"The spell does change your attitude," said Mark.

Emma shook her head. "This has nothing to do with the stone. It all changed when you treated me like a person and not a slave. You've changed too. I mean, look at us tonight, we're just another couple having dinner and drinks, no transformations, no wild sex; this is exceedingly normal."

"Normal is a relative term," said Mark as he took a drink.

Emma laughed. "That's true."

"Do you still want to spend the weekend with me?" he asked.

"Yes, very much so," she replied. "I also want to go to bed with you tonight."

Mark cocked his head. "That's the first time in centuries a woman has propositioned me."

Emma leaned over and kissed him. "You'd better get used to it."

Chapter 40

Across town, John prepared for his meeting with Mr. Walken. He knew that he had one chance to pull this off. If he failed, he would be dead, as he knew what a skilled fighter his boss was. The best weapon that John had was surprise; if he could catch Mr. Walken off guard, the ring and all its powers would be his.

From what he had been told by that old man in Shanghai, the only way he could defeat Mr. Walken was to remove the ring from him, either by taking it off or by cutting it off. Any other wound would heal instantly.

John was skilled in the use of many weapons, but he knew that he was no match for Mr. Walken. He had fenced against him many times and had never won. No, he would need guile to win this prize.

Once he disabled Mr. Waken, he would remove the ring and watch the man die. The woman would die too, but she didn't matter to John.

He had learned that the ring would allow him to change his appearance, and so he would become Mr. Walken. No one would suspect what had happened; it would be the perfect crime. With his new wealth and power, the world would be his oyster.

Chapter 41

Mark held Emma close to his body and caressed her head. They were lying together in her bed, enjoying the afterglow of lovemaking.

Emma noticed something was different about Mark; he seemed as if he was worried about something.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

"Nothing for you to worry about, my sweet," he replied.

"You can tell me," she said. "It might make you feel better."

"It will be resolved in the next few days," he replied. "I do appreciate your concern; it has been ages since someone....anyone has cared about me..."

Emma could tell that he was hiding something that concerned her, but decided to drop the subject, yet she also sensed danger. She would have to be alert for the next few days.

"I'm taking tomorrow off," he said. "I want to spend the day with you."

"You're the boss," she said with a smile.

"Only when we're at work," he replied. "That's going to change soon too. I want to travel the world again... and I want you to be there with me; would you like that?"

"I just want to be with you, Mark. I love you with all my heart. I know that sounds corny, but I've never really been in love before; I never realized how much I missed having someone in my life."

"That's just what I wanted to hear, my love," he said. He then kissed Emma on the lips as he pulled her into his arms.

Chapter 42

They spent the day together exploring the city, spending the morning at the Seattle Aquarium and then eating lunch at a local oyster house.

After lunch, Mark took Emma shopping. He wanted to spend money on her and see her dressed in pretty things.

"A beauty like you should be treated like a princess," said Mark. "Back in my old days, I would loot things to make my women beautiful. I must admit that it was more fun then."

"I hope to hear all your stories," said Emma.

"I hope so too, my love," he replied.

They then drove together out to his estate.

"So, what are we doing first?' she asked as she held his hand.

"Casablanca," he answered. "It's one of my favorite movies. I like the way they kept Rick's life mysterious; it's something I can relate to."

Emma just smiled back.

Mark's cell phone went off as soon as they entered his home.

"Excuse me, my dear," he said as he looked at his phone. "You'll find your wardrobe in the guestroom. Pick out one of the evening gowns; I'll be in my white dinner jacket."

Emma nodded and headed upstairs. She hesitated and noticed that Mark seemed agitated with whoever he was talking to.

"No, tonight is not a good night," snapped Mark. "I told you Sunday!"

"What about tomorrow?" asked John. "I mean... I thought you wanted this information as soon as possible."

"I do. Okay, be here tomorrow afternoon at two," said Mark, his anger barely contained. How dare John question him? He had first told him Sunday, and now John wanted to come early. It was just as well that John would be given his release; he was too independent.

"Yes, sir," replied John. "Sorry to disturb you."

"See you tomorrow at two," said Mark.

John hung up his phone. Good, Mr. Walken was with his latest plaything, and that meant he would be distracted. This was working exactly as he had hoped.

John knew that Mr. Walken usually gave his staff the weekends off, so that meant he would be alone. John discounted the woman, if you could call her that. She was weak of mind and easily controlled, otherwise Mr. Walken wouldn't have selected her. It would be one on one. John knew he wouldn't get a better chance.

Chapter 43

The next morning, Emma woke next to Mark. They were still in the forms of Elsa and Rick.

"Good morning," he said as he ran his fingers through her hair.

"Good morning," she replied. "You know, this changes the storyline."

Mark/Rick shrugged his shoulders. "The movie never showed one way or another if they had sex. Who knows what they did in Paris before the Germans arrived?"

Emma/Elsa laughed. "You're wicked."

"Not any more, kid," he said.

She cuddled up close to him. "So, do we stay in these forms or change?"

"I'd like to be ourselves... if you don't mind," he replied.

Emma looked him in the eyes. "I'd like that a lot. I mean, this was fun, but I love you... the real you."

Mark chuckled slightly. "If you knew the real me, you wouldn't say that. Hell, I've done some terrible things in my life."

"You can change," she interjected.

"Maybe," he replied. "Let's make love one more time as Rick and Elsa and then have breakfast. We can talk about the other things later."

"I'd like that... Richard."

"Here's looking at you, kid," he replied as he pulled her close and kissed her.

Chapter 44

Across town, John was preparing for his meeting with Mr. Walken. He knew that a gun would be useless. From what he'd learned about the ring from the man in Shanghai, he would have to remove the ring from Mr. Walken's finger.

The old Chinese man said that he could also cut it off, but that would be difficult. No, John would use the sap he had purchased and knock Mr. Walken out and then tie him up. It might be a bit melodramatic, but he wanted his boss awake when the ring was removed.

John wanted to see the fear in his employer's eyes as the ring was pulled off. Other men might think this would be cruel, but John wasn't like most men. His whole life he had felt he was destined for something great, and if it meant hurting others to get it, so be it.

Besides, he would soon have immorality, wealth, and power. Morality and mercy were useless to him; they were what ordinary men sought.

In his years of service to Mr. Walken, he had made numerous connections, some of which were not exactly legal. John would use these to make himself a very powerful man. He could reap the benefits of those connections and at the same time maintain a legitimate image as Mr. Walken. It was a perfect plan.

He thought of how his father had been so stupid to serve for all those years. Yes, Mr. Walken had been generous, but it was just a drop in the bucket. In just a few short hours, John would be wealthy beyond his wildest dreams.

Chapter 45

Mark and Emma made love in a variety of ways that morning. Mark felt the weight of the years dissolve off his shoulders as he made love to Emma... his Emma.

As they relaxed together, he was overcome by remorse.

Sensing his change in attitude, Emma snuggled closer and asked him what was wrong.

"What do you mean?" he asked.

"Please, Mark, you can open up to me...now," she said.

He sighed. "I guess it's just that it has hit me how I have wasted the gift that was given me so many years ago in the jungles of Panama. I mean... what I have truly accomplished in my long life? Yes, I've become rich and powerful, but I could have done so much more. I was more concerned with my own pleasure...."

"Don't," she interrupted.

He laughed. "Don't what?"

"Look, you had something extraordinary happen to you, and to be honest, most men would have done the same; you know the old saying about ultimate power corrupting...."

"Yes, but I should have grown over the years, instead I have become more and more isolated," he interjected. "I was bitter that I lost a woman I loved. She's been dead for centuries, and until recently, she haunted me."

Emma wrapped her arm across his chest. "Tell me about her."

"You don't mean that," said Mark.

She looked up at him. "Yes, I do, Mark. I mean, have you told anyone about her?"

"No... no, I haven't," he said. He let out a long breath of air. "Her name was Emma too."

Chapter 46

"Thank you for telling me," said Emma. "It explains so much about you. I can understand why you didn't want to do The Sea Hawk."

He nodded. "I let my emotions take over... about something over which I had no control. I threw away my life and hurt people close to me...."

She reached over and touched her finger to his lips. "Shhhh. You can't keep beating yourself up over something that happened hundreds of years ago. You can look to the future now. I no longer fret over the past... we have a future together now."

"You're being very generous, Emma. I'm still confused that you actually love me. I mean... considering what I did to you," said Mark.

She laughed. "Trust me; if things had continued the way they had started, we wouldn't be having this conversation. No, when you began to treat me as a woman and not a slave or a sex toy, that's when I changed. I've been doing research on the stones in hope of finding a way of breaking the spell, but now I am content to be with you."

Mark sat up and propped himself up. "What did you find out?"

"Well, since rubies aren't normally found in Central America, I searched and found a possible source...China."

Mark's eyes opened wide. "That's remarkable."

"You don't think I'm right?" she asked.

He shook his head. "On the contrary, Emma, I'm convinced that the stone originated in China and came to the new world as part of the great fleet that sailed in 1421."

"We don't even know if the fleet actually made it to the new world," said Emma.

Now it was Mark's turn to laugh. "Oh, it did. I saw the proof, but at the time I didn't realize it. Back then, knowledge was hoarded, especially navigation and charts. They were the most valuable things on a ship. I even used copies of the Chinese charts. As you know, the Chinese dealt with the Portuguese, who were some of the finest navigators in the world. Well, I was fortunate to acquire some charts from a Portuguese navigator... in exchange for his life." He then laughed again. "We later became very good friends, but that's another story. Anyway, when I asked him about the strange lands on the charts, he told me that the charts had been smuggled out of China. He had no reason to lie."

"Strange lands?" asked Emma.

"Yes, the charts showed Australia, which wasn't officially discovered by the Dutch until 1606, and they didn't even circumnavigate it. The chart I saw showed the entire continent, and that was in 1596. However, I always found it humorous that someone could 'discover' a land...where people were already living!"

Emma nodded. 'I did read where they recently found a Portuguese chart of Australia from sometime in the 1500s."

"It was 1522, and four ships under Christopher de Mendonca sailed along the coast. I heard about that in the 1590s. According to my friend, de Mendonca was using a smuggled Chinese chart. They were looking for spices, and since they found none, they moved on," explained Mark. "Let's face it; there were no genuine explorers back then, men sailed for wealth. This doesn't diminish their accomplishments; even with a chart of the area, it was extremely dangerous. Ships were very small, and the risks were great. Hell, even Columbus may have had a copy of a Chinese chart that showed the new world, but he would never have admitted that."

"And why haven't more of these charts been found?" she asked.

"They weren't found as they were hidden by their owners. A good navigator was worth his weight in gold. Chinese charts were even more valuable as they were exceptionally accurate. Over the years they passed from memory," he replied.

"And the pink stone... the one that's part of me?"

"I'm working on that too," he said as he looked at his watch. "Damn, I need to get up. Emma, you can rest, but I have a meeting with John in less than an hour."

"Where?" she asked.

"Just down in my study," he replied. "It won't take long." He then leaned over and kissed her.

Chapter 47

Mark poured himself a drink and looked at his watch. It was nearly two, and John was always prompt. He would be walking into the study shortly, hopefully carrying the solution to Mark's curse and hope for Emma.

If it worked, Mark would no longer need John's services. Still, a man like John would find another job without too much difficulty, assuming he wanted to work. Mark had paid him well over the years.

There was a knocking at the door and John entered.

"Do you have it?" asked Mark.

John nodded and reached into his case. "Here it is."

Mark took the document and began to read it. A big smile broke out on his face. "Yes!"

"Good news, sir?" asked John.

"Yes, very good news, John. Oh, do you want a drink?" asked Mark as he continued to read the document.

"Yes, sir," replied John.

Without looking up, Mark motioned towards the bar. "Help yourself."

John did as he was told. He poured himself a glass of Cognac and walked back towards his soon to be ex-boss. A lead weighted leather sap was in his right hand.

Mark was so intensely reading the documents that he didn't notice John's approach. He caught the motion of John's arm coming down out of the corner of his eye, but it was too late to do anything.

John was surprised at how easily he had knocked out Mr. Walken. He quickly picked up the unconscious man and placed him in his chair. John then took out two pairs of handcuffs and used one on each wrist to incapacitate Mr. Walken. He then tied each of Mr. Walken's legs to the chair using some rope he had brought in. No sense in being careless, he thought.

He smiled at the fact that he had planned this out so perfectly; he hadn't overlooked a thing.

Next, he reached down and touched the ring. It would be so easy to take it now, but he wanted to see the look on Mr. Walken's face when he did.

He sat on the edge of the desk and waited for Mr. Walken to wake up.

It took a few minutes, but Mark slowly regained consciousness. He tried to reach up to touch his head, but found his hands cuffed to the arms of the chair.

"Well...well, you're awake," stated John with a sneer on his face.

"What the hell?" replied Mark as he struggled to free himself from the handcuffs.

"Don't bother, they're the good ones," said John.

"What do you want?" asked Mark as he glared at John.

"The ring, your wealth, your power, your identity... everything," replied John.

"You don't want this," said Mark, shaking his head.

"Oh, I do. I can't believe that you're going to toss it all away... for a freak of nature," said John as he sipped his drink.

"This ring is a curse," continued Mark.

John looked at Mark and laughed. "I'll take my chances."

"Why?" asked Mark. "You have a good life now."

"Why do you care? I mean, you were planning on destroying it," snapped John. "I plan on becoming you; yes, I've learned the ring's powers."

"You disloyal bastard," declared Mark. "I treated you and your family as if you were my family."

John laughed. "That's the problem; you gave me too much. I got a taste of wealth and decided that I want it all."

"You'll be killing Emma too," said Mark.

"Who cares? She is your slut," said John with a sneer. He then emptied his glass. "I suppose we could talk some more, but I want to get on with my life...rather make that, get on with YOUR life."

Mark looked directly in John's eyes. "You have to do what you think is right."

John laughed. "You're taking this better than I thought you would. The good thing is that this shouldn't hurt."

John reached down to pull the ring off Mark's finger. In a moment, everything he could want would be his.

He was just about to touch the ring when he gasped in pain. He looked down and saw the pointed tip of a rapier sticking six inches out of his chest. The blade withdrew, and in stunned silence, he turned around and saw Emma standing in front of him.

It was like a big cosmic joke. A stunningly beautiful, totally naked woman was standing before him holding a wire-hilted rapier in her right hand. Blood was dripping from the razor sharp blade, his blood. He lunged for her, but she easily stepped back.

John collapsed to the floor, clutching his chest and feeling the life slip out of his body. Instinctively, he knew that the wound was mortal.

He thought he had had thought of everything. He was about to rich beyond his wildest dreams; he was about to have power and immortality; instead, he was lying on his back dying...killed by a woman!

As he drifted into eternity, he cursed himself for not taking into account the woman; she shouldn't have mattered. He then made a sound that almost sounded like a laugh. The last thing that passed through his mind was how beautiful the woman who'd killed him was.

Chapter 48

Emma dropped the sword and ran over to Mark, wrapping her arms around him.

"Are you okay?' she asked as she wiped tears from her cheeks.

"Yes, my love. Check his pockets; the keys should be in one of them. But be careful; make sure he's really dead," stated Mark.

Emma carefully poked him with her foot and could see that John was dead. His cold eyes were staring blankly at the ceiling. She bent down and found the keys to the cuffs.

"I found them," she said as she held up the keys.

"Good girl," replied Mark.

She immediately uncuffed Mark and then hugged him again.

"It's okay, my love," said Mark as he held and comforted her.

"I...I just killed a man," she stammered in between tears.

"I know, my love, but it had to be done," said Mark as he comforted her. He had watched as Emma crept into the study and taken the rapier off the wall. He'd done his best to stall John, hoping that Emma would find the courage to kill him.

"What will happen now?' asked Emma as she continued to cry.

"Don't you worry, my love; I'll take care of everything," said Mark. "You know, this is another first for me; I've never had the fair damsel save me, especially a naked one!"

Emma couldn't help but smile and she began to wipe her tears away.

"By the way, love, how did you know I was in trouble?" he asked as he began to untie his legs.

"I had a feeling," she replied. "It was a like a premonition that something terrible was about to happen. I immediately came downstairs. I didn't realize I was naked until I stood outside the door."

Chapter 49

To Emma's surprise, Mark called the police.

"Please go get dressed," said Mark. "The police will be here shortly, and while I find you extremely beautiful, I doubt you want the police to see you like this."

"I can't believe you called the police," said Emma as she headed towards the door.

"Emma, I'm a respected businessman; they'll believe me. I will tell the truth, minus a few facts, of course. I will tell them that John was an employee who came here to rob and murder me," explained Mark, as he carefully reached into John's jacket with a handkerchief. He pulled out a nine millimeter handgun. "John was licensed to carry this." He chambered a round. Then he cut himself with a small pocket knife. The wound healed quickly, but not before Mark was able to soak up some blood with his handkerchief. He then wiped this blood on the on the gun, and then placed it next to John's body. "It will look like he pistol-whipped me."

Emma stopped and watched with fascination.

He then retrieved the sap and placed it in his desk drawer. "I will tell the police that he pulled the gun on me. He cuffed me to the chair and tied me up and tried to get me to tell him where my valuables were. I'll tell the police that he struck me, which is easy enough to believe, thanks to the blood on my head. My wrists are bruised due to the cuffs too. I will tell the police that he was about to shoot me when you used the sword," said Mark. "It will clearly be seen as self-defense."

"What blood? You heal instantly," said Emma. She then gasped as she watched a trickle of blood run down his scalp. She also noticed that Mark's wrists were now chafed and bruised. "Is there something wrong?"

"Don't forget, I can also change my appearance," replied Mark with a wink.

Her eyes opened wide as Mark changed before her eyes. His face turned bruised and battered. His right eye became swollen and almost closed.

"The police will believe me now," said Mark. "Don't worry, it doesn't hurt. Now, please go get dressed."

Chapter 50

Just as Mark said, the police believed his story. Yes, they questioned both of them at length, but the evidence supported the story. It was an obvious case of self-defense.

"Apparently, he didn't know that Ms. Jones was here," explained Mark. "I'm thankful for that, as he might have killed her first. He beat me in order to get the combination to my safe."

"And you heard the noise and came down?" asked Detective Nelson as he looked at Emma, who was now wearing a long pink-colored silk robe.

"Yes, I heard the noise and came downstairs. I peeked inside and saw Mark tied up. I immediately grabbed the first thing I could. I can't believe I actually killed him," replied Emma. She then explained that she had been naked when she did it.

"That explains the lack of blood on your robe," said the medical examiner.

He'd then had a woman detective examine Emma and take photos of where a slight amount of blood had dripped on her body when she pulled the sword out.

Detective Nelson shook his head in disbelief as he examined the rapier without touching it.

"I've been on the force for fifteen years, but this is the first time I've ever seen someone killed by a sword," he said. "This is a really beautiful weapon."

"It should be, it cost me fifteen thousand," replied Mark. "It's German and was made in 1579."

Actually, he had killed its previous owner in a duel in 1602 and kept it as a souvenir, but there was no need to tell the detective this fact.

The detective let out a low whistle. "We'll have to take it in for fingerprinting, blood analysis, and as evidence, but don't worry; we'll take good care of it. I suppose it was one of the things he came to steal."

"I'm shocked that he wanted to kill me," said Mark. "I've known him for years. Just goes to show that you can't trust some people."

"It happens. Well, if we need anything else, we'll call you," said Detective Nelson. "Are you sure you don't want to go to the ER, Mr. Walken?"

Mark shook his head. "I'm sure the TV crews are already there awaiting my arrival. The last thing I want is publicity. No, I'll have my private doctor check me out; he'll be here soon."

The detective nodded. He then turned to Emma. "Are you okay, Miss?"

Emma nodded. "Thank you for asking."

"There was nothing else you could have done; in fact, it was very brave of you," said the detective.

Chapter 51

After the police left, Mark sat down with Emma.

"Do you think that they believed us?" asked Emma.

"Yes, I mean, with the exception of a few details we told the truth. You did a good job," he said.

"Can I have something to drink?" she asked.

He nodded and poured them each a brandy.

"I see you still have your wounds," said Emma as she took the glass from him. "Thank you."

"They'll fade normally. It's a trick I perfected in the old days. The one thing the movies never get right is how people look after a fight," he said. "Now, we have something to talk about."

He retrieved the documents that John had brought him.

"John brought these back from China for me. He must have determined what I was going to do, and that's why he attacked me," said Mark.

"What are you going to do?" asked Emma.

He then read her the translated documents.

"There it is," he said as he finished.

"May I see it?" she asked.

Mark nodded and handed it to her. Emma read the translation several times.

"What about this line?" she asked as she pointed to the bottom of the document.

Mark looked over her shoulder. "I have no idea. It doesn't appear to be part of the main instructions. It stands alone, as if it's separate; I wonder why it wasn't translated with the rest?"

"Do you want to have it translated... before you try this?"

Mark shook his head. "No, the instructions are pretty clear. I can end the curse if we follow this exactly."

"And this will remove the stone from me too?" she asked.

Mark nodded. "You'll still be female; in fact, if this is right, you'll be a completely normal woman, and I will be a normal male. We'll grow old together."

"We can also raise a family together," added Emma hopefully.

He nodded. "I never thought how important the idea of having a family would become to me."

"So, what's the risk?" she asked.

"If we don't follow the directions, we'll both die," said Mark.

"Should we wait then?" asked Emma.

Mark shook his head again. "You've asked me several times if I was hiding something from you... I have been. The link between us has one major flaw... a fatal one for you. The longest any of my partners has lived is six months. I suspect the stone drains their energy. I never planned to tell you. At first, it was just because... I was a selfish bastard who only cared about his own pleasure...but as time passed and you worked you way into my soul... I didn't want you to worry. There was nothing that could be done...until now."

Emma stared back at him, her face devoid of emotion.

"I suspect you hate me now," he continued.

She smiled slightly and then leaned over and kissed him on the lips. "No, I appreciate the fact that you cared so much about me to keep it a secret. I also value that you are putting your own life at risk for us."

"I don't want to live without you, Emma. I finally got over my original Emma. I doubt I could do that again," he said.

"Okay, so what do we do?" she asked.

Mark read the translation. "On the night of a full moon at midnight, you have to remove the ring from my finger and then touch it to the stone in your navel. We must be totally naked and holding hands as this is done. Once the two stones touch, the spell will be broken."

"When is the next full moon?" she asked.

"Tomorrow night," he said.

"I'm ready," she said. "If it fails, we'll be dead; either way, we'll be together."

Mark kissed her. "I do love you, Emma."

Chapter 52

Mark prepared dinner for them. Emma was surprised to discover that he was actually a very good cook. He prepared a roasted chicken in a clay pot.

"Of all the things I've learned about you, this is the most remarkable," said Emma. "This is truly delicious."

"I like to cook," he said with a shrug. "Nothing fancy, just good hearty food. I can cook a mean pheasant too."

"Regardless of how things work out tomorrow, I just want to thank you," said Emma.

"Thank me? For what?" he asked.

"For the first time in my life, I have someone who cares about me. I do want to be with you, but should something go bad tomorrow... I just wanted to let you know that you mean the world to me," continued Emma.

"Thank you, Emma. I feel the same way about you," he replied.

"Do you still want to travel?" asked Emma.

He nodded. "I need to see the world again, and I want to do it with you."

"I'd love that," she replied. She took a sip of her wine. "What about after that?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, you said that you have wasted so many years; we could do some good with your fortune," she said.

"Actually, it's fortunes," he added with a wink.

"Excuse me... FORTUNES," she replied with a touch of sarcasm.

"Like what?" he asked as he reached over and took her right hand in his.

"Set up a charity or something like that, maybe a school? I went through the foster care system, and it wasn't pleasant," she said. "I'm not saying you should give it all back, but you could start to do some good with one of your fortunes."

He nodded as he ate some chicken. "I like that idea."

After dinner they went to the master bedroom.

"Any requests?" he asked as he held her in his arms.

"Just us," she said. "Although, can you lose the wounds for now?"

"As you wish, my love," he replied as the injuries disappeared.

Chapter 53

Emma awoke to find herself alone in bed. She then saw Mark staring out the window. Without a word, Emma slipped out of bed and walked over to her lover.

He smiled at her as she came over to him. Even in the moonlight, Emma could see that he seemed worried.

"What's wrong?" she asked. "And don't say nothing."

He let out a slight laugh. "You can read me like a book, my love."

"So what is it?" she asked. "Is it that you'll be mortal again?"

"That has crossed my mind, but no, that's not what's on my mind. I had grown tired of life and had actually contemplated removing the ring several times over the years."

"What stopped you?" she asked.

"Ego. I realized that no one would mourn my death," he replied. "I had no one in my life. Hell, the person I thought I knew the best just tried to kill me."

He then told Emma about John and his family.

"Did John have a big family?" asked Emma.

Mark shook his head. "He was an only child, and his father died five years ago."

"And his mother?"

"She died in childbirth," replied Mark. "I'm not totally shocked that John betrayed me, but what bothers me is that I didn't see it coming. I've grown soft...."

"Don't beat yourself up," said Emma. "I imagine most people would have abused the ring if they had the chance."

"Would you have?" he asked.

"Maybe," she replied. "As Ed, I definitely would have."

"And as a woman?" he asked.

"Not now. I would have right after you changed me, but I've changed too. I guess that I'm truly happy for the first time in my life. My life was pretty empty then."

Mark sighed. "You asked me what was bothering me; it's the fear that the ceremony won't work... and you'll die. I can't go on without you."

"Don't think of what can go wrong... think of what we'll do together," interrupted Emma.

"So, you're not scared?" he asked.

"I'm petrified, but there's nothing I can do about it. If we don't try this, I'm going to die in a few months. If it fails, I will die. Either way, I won't be around. No, I like to think of what it will be like being with you," she said.

"You're the most amazing woman I've ever known," he said. "If it works...."

"WHEN it works," interrupted Emma.

Mark chuckled. "Okay, WHEN it works, I don't want you to be my mistress. I want you to be my wife."

"Are...are you proposing?" asked Emma.

Mark cocked his head. "I suppose I just did. That wasn't very romantic of me, was it? Wait here!"

He ran out of the room. A few minutes later he returned and stood in front of Emma. He then went down on one knee and held out a gold ring with a very large diamond mounted in it.

"Lady Emma, will you marry me?" he asked.

Emma felt her eyes starting to tear up and her lips began to quiver. She tried to speak but could only nod.

"I take that as a yes," replied Mark. He then slipped the ring on her finger.

He then stood up and they began to kiss.

"Mark, may I ask one thing?"

"What is it?"

"Can we get married before...?"

"Of course," he interrupted. He knew what she was implying, and he felt the same way. Should the worst happen during the ceremony, they would at least be a couple. "I'll call my lawyer the first thing in the morning."

"Thank you," said Emma as she wrapped her arms around him.

Without another word, he swept her up in his arms and carried her to their bed.

Chapter 54

Normally there was a three day waiting period in Washington State, but it was waived for Mark Walken, especially when he announced that his firm would be expanding. The addition of five hundred new jobs apparently was significant enough to obtain the necessary waiver. The ceremony was conducted at his estate using a justice of the peace. Mark's lawyer acted as the official witness.

The ceremony lasted just a few minutes.

After the others left, Mark and Emma went out for a walk through their estate.

"I know you deserve a better wedding my love, but the honeymoon will make up for the simplicity of our marriage," said Mark.

"I had never thought of being a bride... until recently. I'm just contented to be Mrs. Mark Walken."

"Still, you deserved better, but time won't allow it. I mean, it was fortunate that the government officials allowed us to get married today... but one of the advantages of being extremely rich and powerful is that you can bypass many things... such as waiting periods," said Mark. "The governor was very pleased to hear that my company would be expanding."

"But I thought you were going to get rid of the company?" asked Emma.

"I will turn it over to others to run, but I'll maintain control," replied Mark. "The expansion will happen and will focus on our new philanthropic foundation."

"That's wonderful," said Emma.

"This is all new to me; I know nothing about charity... I mean, a pirate's idea of "self-help" was to kill someone rich and take their goods...so I will find someone with experience to run it."

Emma laughed.

"Besides, we'll be going on a long trip. There is such much of the world I want to see... with the woman I love," continued Mark.

"Do you think this will work?" she asked.

Mark nodded. "Yes, I have no doubt that the charity side of my corporation will be very successful."

Emma shook her head. "You know what I mean."

Mark wrapped his arm around her waist and pulled her close. "I know exactly what you mean, my love. There is no point in worrying about it; it will either work or it won't. Either way, we'll be together now; we are one."

Chapter 55

Mark spent the afternoon preparing the firepit. The ceremony required both of them to stand next to a fire under the light of the full moon.

The weather that night was to cool, but dry. Rain would make it more difficult to maintain the fire. He also didn't want Emma to be cold and wet, as the ceremony called for both of them to be completely naked.

Emma was busy studying the transcript, ensuring that they got everything right. Inside, she was a nervous wreck. It wasn't because she feared dying; it was the thought of losing Mark.

She found it amazing how much in love she was with him...her husband. My god, she thought, I'm a married woman now.

She had searched her feelings to see if they were genuine and not a result of the magic of the stones. When Mark had first used her, she'd felt a strange sensation when the magic took over, and she no longer felt that. No, their love was authentic.

She also thought of her new life as a woman. It was strange how normal it all felt. An even stranger feeling was the fact that she now had maternal instincts. Mark had told her that she might not be fertile and that me might also be sterile, but if they were he'd said that in time, when they were ready, they would adopt.

Neither of them had had happy childhoods, and both understood what it was like to grow up being alone.

The idea of helping some unwanted children have real opportunity made Emma smile.

She also suspected that Mark wanted to make amends for some of his past "indiscretions." He'd explained that he didn't feel guilt over his past; in fact, he admitted to enjoying the life of a buccaneer.

Emma closed her eyes and tried to image what he must have been like back then. He would have fearless in battle, knowing he couldn't die. In spite of what he must have done, Emma found herself wishing she could have seen him then. She also wondered if the original Emma had been happy with her fat rich husband.

Chapter 56

The fire was blazing as Mark escorted Emma towards it. They were dressed in plush robes to keep out the night air.

They had taken no chances and removed everything, including jewelry. All Mark had on, besides the robe, was his watch and, of course, his ring.

He took off the watch and set it down on a log.

"The alarm will go off at midnight," he said. Still, just to play it safe, he positioned the watch so he could see the time.

Emma re-read the transcript one last time.

"I wish we knew what this last line means," she said.

"We can't afford to wait. I've seen my past matches fade very quickly. I don't want to risk that with you by waiting another month," he said.

"But why wasn't it translated?"

Mark looked at his watch, there were two minutes left. "I don't know, probably some warning about the end of the world... nothing important."

Emma laughed in spite of herself. "You're awful."

"It's not part of the main transcript, so it's probably unrelated, and therefore the man who translated it didn't see the need to go beyond what I was paying him for," said Mark.

"I hope you're right," said Emma.

"One minute, my love, we'd better disrobe," he said.

Emma nodded and slipped off her robe.

Mark let out a long whistle. "Well, if things don't go well, I will at least die in the presence of a true work of art."

Emma laughed nervously. "Kiss me, please."

"It will work," he said.

"I know, but just for luck... okay?"

Mark tossed his robe to the side and pulled Emma close and kissed her. Their lips were still locked in passion when the alarm on his watch began to go off.

"Okay, my love, time to start our journey," said Mark.

Emma held his hand and, with her free hand, began to pull the ring off his finger.

Mark braced himself, remembering what it had last felt like when he had taken it off. To his shock, there was no pain.

Emma held the ring up and looked at Mark, who nodded.

She then lowered it to her waist. At first, there was some resistance as she moved it close to the stone in her navel - sort of like moving magnets together. Emma continued to push, and the two stones touched.

The instant the two stones touched, there was a blinding bright red light, and the two stone merged, the gold around the ring evaporated as if it had been ice.

Neither Emma nor Mark felt any pain, but the light forced them to close their eyes. The glow continued to grow in intensity. Emma could feel the stone in her bellybutton slip out and pull away form her body. The two stones merged together and, in one last flash, disappeared.

Mark and Emma collapsed to the ground together.

Chapter 57

Mark was the first to regain consciousness. He immediately shook Emma to see if she was okay.

"Please wake up... wake up, my love," he pleaded as he pulled her unconscious body into his arms.

He leaned down to see if she was still breathing and felt for her pulse. He let out a sigh of relief when he felt her breath on his face.

Emma slowly came to. She looked up to see Mark's face. He had a look of deep concern on his face.

"Did... did it work?" she asked weakly.

He held out his hand and showed her his now ringless finger.

"And mine?" she asked.

"It's gone too, my love."

She regained her strength and tried to sit up.

"Take it easy, my love," said Mark.

"It's done then," she said.

Mark nodded and then kissed her.

She looked around. "Where did they go?"

"Who knows?" he replied. "But we're alive, and that's all that matters. Come, let's go into the house and get into a nice warm bed; I don't want you to get sick on your wedding night."

Emma smiled back, and he helped her up. "Any regrets?"

"Only that I didn't meet you sooner, my wife," he replied.

Chapter 58

It was a month later, and they stood in an old cemetery overlooking the English Channel. The pastor of the church watched them as they laid a bouquet of flowers at the ancient headstones.

They had come to see him two days earlier seeking his assistance. He had asked them if they were doing genealogy, and the man had replied that they were.

The pastor had helped others do the same thing over the years, but the people usually just took pictures or wrote down information. The man standing by the grave acted as if he had actually known the person buried there.

"She appears to have had a good life," said Emma as she read the stone. She pointed out the others in the area. "She's surrounded by a large family."

Mark nodded. "I misjudged her choice. Actually, he wasn't all that fat or ugly. I suppose that over the years my memory of him changed."

"She lived to be sixty-eight and had eight children," said Emma as she read the headstone.

"Sixty-eight... that's amazing, most people didn't live that long," said Mark as he stared at the stone.

"And you didn't know?" asked Emma

Mark shook his head. "This is the first time I've been back to England since 1588."

"How much do I look like her?" asked Emma.

"You're how I pictured her," explained Mark. "Don't worry, my love, I'm in love with you. If I had stayed here, I just would have watched her die, and all these people never would have lived. It was the way it was supposed to happen."

Emma slipped her arm around his waist. "I love you, Mark."

He turned and kissed her. "Come; let's go back to the hotel."

They had been in England for several weeks. Mark was reluctant to return, at first, but with Emma's support, he'd decided to visit the land of his birth.

They had visited the area where the village of his birth had once stood. Just as Mark had said, time had erased all traces.

As Sir Francis Drake had died off Panama, there was no grave to visit, but they did find Sir Richard Thorn's family cemetery near Weymouth. To their surprise, they had no trouble finding it.

"It's quite famous," bragged the woman at the gift shop where they stopped to ask directions.

"Really?" asked Emma.

The woman nodded. "It turns out that his direct descendent is that Yank movie maker... you know the one that makes all those big budget films. I heard that he might make a movie here! Look, here's his photo, he signed it for me the last time he was here."

Mark broke out in a loud laugh as he looked at the framed photo. 'I'll be damned"

Later, Emma asked him what he had found so funny.

"All these years I've wanted to pay Sir Richard back, and it turns out that I already have. I own stock in Richard Thorn's production company and have helped bankroll several of his films!"

"That's amazing," she said.

"Come to think of it, he does look a little like good old Sir Richard," said Mark with a chuckle, as he looked at the photo of Richard Thorn in the gift shop.

Just as the woman said, they had no trouble finding the grave of Sir Richard.

As he had done at the other sites, Mark showed great respect at the grave. Emma wasn't sure, but his eyes appeared to be tearing up.

"Are you okay?" she asked.

Mark nodded. "Sir Richard was a great man who treated me like a son. I'm sure he was hurt when I disappeared. I'm glad to see that he lived to a ripe old age."

Chapter 59

That night, Mark and Emma were lying in each other's arms in bed at Claridges Hotel in the Mayfair area of London. They had arrived in London that evening.

"It's strange, but thanks to the false biography you gave me, I actually have memories of London, even though I've never actually been here before," said Emma.

"I've also noticed your accent has gotten more noticeable since we arrived," added Mark. "I'm sorry that I took away your old existence. In a way, I killed you."

Emma shook her head. "There's no need to apologize, Mark. That's water under the bridge. My old life wasn't that great. I totally forgive you."

He took her hand and kissed it. "Thank you."

"I have a question for you; how're you adjusting to being mortal again?" she asked.

"Well, it forces me to actually watch when I cross the street now," he replied with a grin. "Seriously, I had grown so weary of life. Knowing you can't die takes the adventure out of life. It's like eating food that you can't taste."

"So you don't miss it?"

"I do miss the ability to change," he replied. "I mean, that was very enjoyable being Bogart, and you were a very sensual Ingrid Bergman."

"It was fun," she added. "There are a few forms I would have liked to have tried."

He looked in her eyes. "Like what?"

"Well, I've always loved The Princess Bride," she answered.

Mark nodded. "Ahh yes, Westley, AKA, The Dread Pirate Roberts and Princess Buttercup."

"Don't tell me you liked that one too?"

"It was a very good movie," he answered.

"So, would you have done that one with me?" she asked.

"As you wish," he replied and began to kiss her.

As the passion built up, both Mark and Emma felt a strange tingling and to their total surprise, they assumed the forms of the leads from The Princess Bride.

"How is this possible?" asked Emma as she stared at Mark.

"I don't know, but let's just enjoy it," he replied. "Now, Buttercup, what can I do for you?"

"Make love to me, Westley," she said.

"As you wish," he replied.

Chapter 60

When they awoke the next morning, they were back to their normal forms. As they ate breakfast, they discussed what had happened.

"We need to find someone who can translate the rest of that document," said Emma as she buttered her toast.

"I agree," replied Mark. "I'll ask the hotel concierge and see if he knows where we can get it translated."

"You mean you brought it with us?" asked Emma.

Mark nodded as he sipped his tea. "I brought the photocopy. I left the original back in Seattle. I planned on having it translated when we got to China, but the events of last night mean we should do it sooner."

Emma smiled back. "I'm so glad I married you."

"So am I," he replied.

Chapter 61

It was later that morning when they walked into an antique shop that the concierge recommended.

The man who ran the store was an elderly Chinese man who had moved to London before Hong Kong reverted back to China. His name was Shen.

"Interesting document," he said as he studied it. "Do you by chance have the original?"

Mark nodded. "However, it's back in the states in my safe."

Shen nodded. "This is obviously from the Imperial Court; I would say from the Ming Dynasty. It shouldn't take that long to translate this one line. There's some tea over there, please help yourselves."

An hour later, he called them over.

"The document refers to mystic stones," said Shen. "Too bad you don't have them, as they were reputed to give the owner extended life and the ability to change one's shape."

Mark nodded patiently. "Yes, I'm aware of that."

Shen pointed to a small symbol in the lower corner of the document. "This document was part of the log of Admiral Zheng He."

Emma glanced at Mark, who just nodded.

"Now, this last line refers to the stones; it is a warning. While the stones give great power, they also leave the owner empty. It states that, if the stones are destroyed by the process described, and if the couple doing this are truly in love, then they will retain the power to change their forms, but only if it is for their own mutual pleasure," explained Shen.

Emma felt Marks's hand tighten slightly around hers. He glanced over at her and winked.

Shen put down the paper. "I have researched these stones my whole life. While I have never actually seen one, I know they exist. They were gifts given to local rulers. They allowed the owners to have extended lives and to change form for carnal pleasure. It was rumored that Admiral Zheng carried some of the stones with him when he sailed around the world. This document adds additional confirmation that the stones exist. Now, are you interested in selling the original document?"

Mark shook his head. "I'm sorry, no, but you may have this copy if you'd like."

Shen nodded as he looked at the document again. "That is very generous. So, do you collect objects related to Admiral Zheng He?"

"No. I acquired this with some old charts."

"Ahh, I have some excellent charts for sale, if you'd like to look at them. Some are copies of Admiral Zheng He's charts. They're Portuguese, but in excellent shape."

Mark smiled. "I'd be very interested."

The old man smiled, and smelling a potential sale, he quickly retrieved the charts.

It was the third one that he showed that caught Mark's eye. It showed the northern and eastern coast of South America running down from present day Columbia to the Straits of Magellan.

Seeing his interest, Shen nodded. "This is a fine chart; it came from a collection that originally belonged to a Portuguese pilot named Amaro Silvia. His charts have held up to the ravages of time as he used fine leather instead of paper. The story goes that he was a pilot on a Spanish warship. The ship was captured by English pirates, and in exchange for his life, he served with them for three years before escaping. He wrote in his memoirs that although he may have sailed with pirates, he never killed anyone."

Mark shook his head and laughed. "It wasn't a Spanish ship; it was Dutch. Amaro hated the Spanish, as he was actually a Jew. It was also five years, not three, and then he was allowed to leave of his own free will along with a great fortune."

"How do you know that?" asked Shen with an astonished look on his face.

Mark just smiled slyly. "I have my sources. Also, don't believe any of that bilge that Amaro was a peaceful man, he eagerly killed his share of Spanish."

Shen cocked his head, not sure if he believed this man.

Mark pointed to the chart of South America. "I'll take this one."

"Don't you want to know the price?" asked Shen.

Mark shook his head. "I'm sure you'll be fair. Add five thousand pounds to the price for the translation... and the tea."

Shen smiled. "Make it four thousand, my tea isn't very good."

Chapter 62

"Was this one of yours?" asked Emma as she looked at the detailed chart that was spread out on the table.

"No, but I copied it," said Mark as he studied the chart. "Look here, can you see that symbol?"

"It looks like a unicorn," said Emma.

"That was the name of one of my ships," said Mark proudly. "Now there was a fine vessel. She was fast and nimble. I liked to have a ship that would get me out of trouble as fast as I got into it."

Emma laughed. "Was the rest of that story you told Shen the truth?"

Mark nodded. "Amaro's family had lived in Spain for centuries, but was forced to flee when the Catholics took power and started the Inquisition. They fled to Portugal and went underground, in terms of their religion. When Amaro became my friend, he told me this. On my ship, no one cared if he was Jewish. Many of my crew had also escaped the Spanish, and in their eyes this made Amaro more trustworthy."

"And what about him killing the Spanish?"

He shook his head and chuckled. "Now I thought I hated the Spanish! For Amaro, it was very personal. He told me that it was revenge for what the Inquisition had done to his family. I won't tell you what he did to anyone connected to that organization."

"What happened to him?"

"Just like I said, he left after five years...not because he was tired of being a pirate, but because he had taken a wife! I was at their wedding...now there was a party; it went on for five days! He became a respectable man in Jamaica, running a successful shipping business and raising his family. Thanks to his connections to the pirate community, no one touched his ships. He also bought things we acquired. I later heard his descendents moved to North America and helped found the first synagogue in Newport; we'll have to go there someday."

"That's amazing. You have to write a book some day; even if you pass it off as fiction, it would be a best seller," said Emma.

He broke out in a hearty laugh. "I just might do that. Hell, I might even have Richard Thorn make it into a movie!"

"So, what will you do with this?" asked Emma pointing to the chart.

"I'll send this back to the states; it will look good in the study," he said. "Come, let's have a drink.

"Do you think there are other stones out there?" asked Emma as she walked beside Mark.

"Maybe, but I no longer care," he replied. Then he looked at Emma and smiled. "I have everything I could want now."

"Did you have any idea of that we would still be able to change?" asked Emma, as she sat down on the couch.

Mark shook his head as he poured them each a glass of brandy. "Still, it will be nice to spice things up every now and then."

Emma blushed and nodded.

"Oh, Emma, I wish I had met you sooner. You saved me from my self-inflicted prison, and you also saved my life." He handed her the glass. He then leaned down and kissed her. "Here's to us."

Emma returned the toast and took a sip. "This is wonderful. Okay, I have one more question; if you don't want to answer, I'll understand."

"What do you want to know?" as he sat down next to her.

"How did you pick me?" she asked.

Mark rubbed his chin. "That was one of John's jobs. Over the years, I had him, and his father before him, screen all new employees to see if they were compatible. Obviously, I lied to you about not having a partner for seventy years. I had dozens of lovers during that time. I didn't think you would be any different than the others."

"I understand; it makes sense," said Emma. "Were any others also male?"

"No, you were the first. John had actually gone to Hartford to check out the three women that were going through new employee indoctrination with you. However, the pink stone responded to you. He told me that it was the strongest reaction he had ever seen."

"What did he do?"

"He had the pink stone in his hand when he observed you through a one-way mirror. It gave off a vibration when you were near. He wasn't sure if the stone was reacting to you at first. That's why he had you stay in the interview room alone."

"I wondered why they did that," said Emma, as she took another sip of the brandy.

"Anyway, I wasn't convinced at first, but you reacted faster than any of my partners. I barely had the chance to influence your looks. In many ways, it was your mind that shaped your looks."

"Really?" she asked.

"Oh, I added the English accent and all that, but it was as if you could read my mind and took a form that meant the world to me. I don't actually know if the original Emma looked like you, but you took on the image that I created in my memory over the years."

Emma sighed. "So, in many ways, I am truly your ideal match."

He pulled her closer and ran his hand gently through her hair. "And I hope that I am the perfect match for you."

Emma smiled. "You are, my love."

Mark reached over and took the glass from her hand. He then stood up and swept Emma into his arms. He then carried her toward the bedroom. No words were spoken, as none were needed.

The End

References:

Portugal "discovering" Australia - http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/rotated-map-puts-a-twist...

1421, Zheng He's Journey - http://www.1421.tv/

Sir Francis Drake - http://sirfrancisdrakehistory.net/ &

http://www.global-travel.co.uk/drake.htm

The Spanish Armada - http://www.britainexpress.com/History/tudor/armada.htm
 

up
130 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Oh, great, just bloody great

Julie_O, Amelia_R,

how the hell am I suposed to get a decent nights rest when you post one at 8PM my time? I'll be a zombie tomorrow.

Ackkk!

John in Wauwatosa merrily reading away.

John in Wauwatosa

Well-written, to be sure ...

... but if I were Ed, turned into Emma and forced to be some cruel man's puppet, possibly for decades, the FIRST thing I would do when out of his direct control would be to remove the pink stone from my navel, thus killing myself and depriving him of his toy.

But I've always been a stubborn wench, and probably always will be. *smile* A well-turned tale, as always, Julie!

*hugs*

Randalynn

From killer pirate to redemption and love

Hope Eternal Reigns's picture

Hey Julie,

Thank you for another GREAT story. At first I wondered at the 'heart of stone' character you created. This is the first time I remember seeing someone that cold in your stories. But, bad as he was Emma's love slowly redeemed him.

Thanks.

with love,

Hope

with love,

Hope

Once in a while I bare my soul, more often my soles bear me.

Julie O's story

Very nicely done Julie.

Wow you have a great imagination and great writing skills. I love all of your stories so far.

Another job well done.

Hugs
Joni W

Very Enjoyable

Not normally one to enjoy forced transformation and slavery stories, I got sucked into this one and stayed with it to the satisfying conclusion.

JulieO strikes again! Lots of interesting historical detail, drama and passion. And creative as ever. Kudos!

I agree

I agree with everyone else! How can we sleep with writing this good out and about? It must be read. All a man needs is a good woman is the moral of this story!
hugs!
grover

A Pirate's Life for Me!

Breanna Ramsey's picture

Julie, this was very, very nicely done. In the beginning, I was hoping that Emma would find a way to free herself and dish out a just, and painful, punishment for Mark. By the end, I was desperately hoping she would arrive in time to save him. The really magical transformation here was not Emma's, or any of the multiple changes throughout the story, it was the transformation and redemption of a tired, lifless soul.

I loved the inclusion of Sir Richard Thorn and the Minotaur! A nice flashback that foreshadowed the destiny of his descendant. (History lesson for those who may not know - the name of the Minoan culture was coined from King Minos of Greek mythology, who had a great labyrinth in which he imprisoned the Minotaur.)

A wonderful, romantic tale. Thanks so much, Julie!

Scott
Writing is not necessarily something to be ashamed of--but do it in private and wash your hands afterwards.
Lazarus Long - Robert A. Heinlein's 'Time Enough for Love'

Bree

The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense.
-- Tom Clancy

http://genomorph.tglibrary.com/ (Currently broken)
http://bree-ramsey314.livejournal.com/
Twitter: @genomorph

Ahoy Matey

Julie,

Like John I saw the story posted late at night, looked at the word count, knew it would be a good read, and knew I needed to wait. Now I've blown off most of my morning's work.

What wonderful twists and turns you provided as once again love and goodness overcomes evil and loneliness.

Thank you for another wonderful story.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

nice way to learn history

This is a great way to learn history as well as read an enjoyable novel.
Thanks,
Kimiko

top story

top story

A great ending

WillowD's picture

I almost stopped reading the story about a third of the way through. I'm not particularly into mindless sex slave stories. I'm glad I stuck with it. This is an awesome love story. In fact I would even say "true love" as they had in The Princess Bride. Thanks for writing this.