Arooo....1

Printer-friendly version

Arooo…1

Chapter 1

The feeling of the slip under the dress I’m wearing is so strange but in this really good way that still surprises me. This silky glide of my legs smooth now when something I never thought about losing is now forever gone. No, I was never really a transgendered person just a soldier, dying years ago diagnosed with lung cancer from too much toxic stuff on the battlefield. Transformed by the Silverbite I went from a mid fifties old soldier to this sweet young thing…Her Majesty’s age, seventeen in body.

I’m so aware of the feelings in my body as I sway back and forth putting things in my basket at the little corner shop. I’m guessing at prices. I’m utterly clueless when it comes to half the money here in the UK Pounds or Euros’ I’m pretty helpless really. I’ve never really been a number cruncher but being seventeen and blonde so I guess I’m just adding to my cover.

I never thought that I’d be doing anything like this. But the Queen came to me and she asked me. Asked me to be a scout for her, to go back into war but not like a war I’ve ever known or even heard of.

I smile at the stare I get from the clerk as he packs away my odds and ends. He thinks I’m a hottie but the stuff I’m getting is confusing him.

Tampons, matches, nail polish remover, ASA, and eight pack of Mars bars…they’re different here than back home in the states. Oh and a huge amount of meat, steaks, liver, kidneys beef mostly but there’s some welsh lamb chops in there too…they’re like the bars addictive and sweet in their own way. Then there’s the dozen large cans of Boddingtons…thank god my faked ID’s are me being twenty two. I’d have gone nuts being the new me without a few beers at the end of the day.

I’m still so not used to men, guys staring at me like they do. Supernatural DNA reconfiguration I look like some of my female relatives only better, something the majik did cast out some of the unfavorable genes. I’m a ginger, a red head and with perky C-cup breasts and pale creamy skin and I’ll have to admit I’m hot.

Or my wife thinks I am.

Yeah, I’m married, still married even.

I was dying in the hospital when the Queen came to me. Offered me this chance, this new life and I was dying…Kelly said yes, begged me to say yes and we signed out my discharge papers and went home. The Queen came and we shared each others blood in an almost blood brother like ritual a cut on both of our right palms and It felt like I was holding a 220 live electrical cable after a few minutes. Then she bit me. Shifted and bit me.

I remember pain and heat, a fever unlike anything I had ever felt and it went on forever it seemed. It hurt too, all I could do was pant and try to breathe through all the pain and it even hurt to breathe.

I woke up like this and I walked out of the bedroom to where Kelly was pacing and chewing her nails. “You shouldn’t chew them like that, you always hate when you chew your nails.”

“Eric?”

“Yeah, well Erica I guess now. So…uhm… how do I look?”

“You look amazing old…well young enough to be our daughter.”

“I’m not calling you mom.” I was trying to move, trying to figure out how to move as I walked over to her…a completely new body, different centre of gravity and boobs, moving wasn’t hard but it was awkward almost socially…personally…I mean how do you walk up to your best friend and wife of twenty six years looking like a seventeen year old girl.

Her suddenly stepping forward and kissing me totally caught me off guard. But them again Kelly’s never really been big on patience. Not knowing how this’d effect “Us” was likely driving her nuts. My first thought was …What!…then…wait this wasn’t that bad…oh…oh…I felt my skin go all sensitive and my nipples hardened and I cupped my wife’s familiar breasts in my unfamiliar hands and felt her push against me….I ached and felt myself get aroused… I giggled for the first time in my life as Kelly push walked me back to our bed. “You want this Erica? …You want me to eat you up?”

“Oh God yes Kelly…take me, touch me, please…”

“Oh thank god I experimented in college.”

………………………………......... “Miss, uhm …” the clerks listing off a price and I blink and pass him my credit card and then my ID as he runs my stuff through. I was never into guys and part of me was scared that If I was straight as a guy I’d be straight as a girl but nothing changed between me and Kelly except for everything…

It got better….I never got a lot of stuff out of my system and just…everything and when there were things that came up like during the times we hunted the templars minions down in the gangs and stuff I’d lose it. Those times when the PTSD stuff would come out instead of me being able to shove it down deep and bury it…and it’d just bubble up inside me and burst out. Most times I’d scream and throw things…punch the walls or wake up crying over stuff that happened twenty years ago…But I just couldn’t stuff the evil genie back in.

I did mention better right? I was, running out of steam and not able to be the guy I was It came out. And I talked, and talked and talked to my wife more than I ever was able to before and we fell in love all over again and she became more than my rock, she became this different version of herself….or it was the her being physically older than me but I found myself being the “Girl” in our marriage.

No not it those bad ways but her being more aggressive in showing me how to enjoy being a woman. Just thinking of her in a push up bra and her state trooper shirt and a strap on makes my pussy ache in memory.

I’m getting turned on again here in the shop just thinking about her. I need to get home and Skype with her as soon as I can.

I’m living in Bexley; it’s this rough and tumble area with a good deal of what I’m looking for.

I’m at one of the corners waiting for the lights to change when I see a really odd bit. A van like one of those ones that construction contractors use stop and pick up three guys on the other side of the street. All three of them are Hurstwood Boys…getting into a van with two members of Red Alert and three Frobisher boys…all three sets are on my potential watch list. All three are gangs that are holding to white supremist values. There’s some guys in the front in their forties, one is rough looking, a big nasty looking biker guy the other skinny short haired, business like I see a tiny flash of a white collar.

“Dammit.” I already know what this is. Who they are, Templar’s on a recruiting run more than likely. I look around and see a fellow getting into his Beemer…BMW and I run over to his car as he’s getting in and damn it’s hard to run in heels, heck it’s hard to run as a girl with stuff bouncing around and stuff. I jump into his backseat with my bags of groceries. “Follow that van.”

“Pardon me, but what the hell?”

“It’s a matter of life and death please follow that van.”

I try to be the earnest sweet young desperate thing. I’m not girly experienced but Kelly had taken me on little flirting trips to the malls and stuff before I had to ship out. He’s looking at me and checking me out. He’s cute, actually has that young college look to him with blonde hair and blue eyes. Yes I kind of notice men, I’ve never been interested, interested but curious yes…sort of? I notice the sweep of his eyes over my boobs, I’ve got great boobs, but then he’s looking me in the eyes.

He turns away. “Alright damn bloody yanks, what so important about this van anyhow?”

“I think they might be terrorists.”

“Jesus, Mary and Joseph…we should be calling the Plod then.”

“The what? Speak English.”

“Hey, I am speaking English, you’re in bloody England if it hasn’t escaped you’re knowledge. What I’m not speaking is American how’s about you damned Yanks learn to speak proper for a change. Oh wait you’re American change is what the world does for you lot isn’t it?”

“You got a thing against Americans?”

“Oh no, I just enjoy being car jacked by a sarky young woman who’s trying to tell me how to speak my own language whilst I follow a builders van.”

“Sarky?”

“Aye Snarky?”

“Snarky? I was asking Sarky”

“Well you’re both?”

“Wait both? What the hell does Sarky mean?”

“Try the dictionary, you might find a self portrait.”

“Fuck you.”

“No thanks, and it’s sod off, how about you learn to speak English.”

I’ve never wanted to smack someone so hard in my life!, I mean…I…dammit! Men! It’s got to be a man thing. I was never this much a pain in the ass when I was a guy. I’m not used to getting beaten up by verbal banter. He’s got his phone out and I crawl dress and all up over the seat and snatch in from his hands. The car swerves a bit and I see us almost hit one of the damned buses and I look at him he’s staring at me and yells.

“AREYOU OUT OF YOUR FLIPPING MIND?”

“No!, I need you to follow the van but we need to keep the “Plod” (Yes I even do air quotes.) out of this I don’t trust them with this.”

“You don’t trust them with this? They’re the Po-lice (He says it like I’m slow.) it their job.”

“Look…”

He blinks at me then gets my pause. “Oh Justin…and You are?”

“Erica, now look, I’m over her Justin tracking a terrorist group that are bringing in white kids from the local gangs, I’ve been here for weeks and this is my first real lead. I can’t involve the locals because these guys are connected Justin and I don’t know how deep. I’ve got one thing going for me and that’s they’ve got no idea who I am. The cops get involved and my name get’s out there and everything changes Justin.”

I stare deeply into his eyes and he’s staring back. “Watch out for the cyclist Justin.”

“What…bloody hell, nerve of them bloody lunatics.”

“They were here before cars Justin. They’re good for the rider, good for the planet more people should be riding them and not driving.”

“You want to bloody walk Erica? Or can you stand my evil car while we follow your terrorists.”

“Look I don’t mean to get on your nerves but I’m an environmentalist It’s in my blood, I have a close connection to nature.”

“I suppose you’d rather have us back on horses.”

“I wouldn’t mind it but kind of impractical today. Electrics fine, hybrids are getting better, mass transit still need global improvement.”

“Oh my dear God you are one of them.”

“Slow down, they’re stopping.”

“Okay, that’s…bloody hell it’s just some vicar and a youth group, rough but…”

“But nothing Justin, those kids are all hooked into three different white supremist gangs.”

I watch them slip into a building that’s fairly non-descript with old brick work and bars on the windows. There’s a sign saying Dartford Youth Squires.

We sit and watch for a few minutes and when they look at me and him I jump him and kiss him shoving my body against his and ….Oh…I’ve never had this feeling about a guy, a man but…oh it’s different than I feel with Kelly…when did he start to smell so good? Oh his hands…god…oh…big hands, strong too, and they feel good.

Goddamn it it's gotta be pheromones. Sometimes advanced senses suck.

Justin stops kissing me and he’s looking at them even though he didn’t break contact. “Blood hell, those are school supplies they’re unloading are they?”

“No there not Justin, who knows what they’ve got and it might even hit the streets too.”

“We don’t need more guns on the streets.”

“I agree. Lets back off.”

Justin moves the car away looking for a likely spot to “Park” we settle in and I’m taking out my digital camera and taking pictures from my purse. Time seems to flow by as a few more vehicles come and go, bikers too.

“So Justin, what do you do when you’re not getting involved in a secret investigation.”

“Whale urologist.”

“You mean Biologist.”

“No.”

“Are you serious?”

“Oh Yes, I specialize in Sperm whales.”

“Gawd, you are being an ass aren’t you?”

“Guilty, but it’s called takin a piss.”

“Yeah, I knew that one. You guys and your damned English, learn to speak American like everyone else okay.”

“Well what’s American? John Wayne, Robert De Niro, George dubeyeh?….. I-ran and North Kor-ree-a are a threat to the United States of America with their Nuk-cu-lar arms programs.”

I can’t help but laugh as he does a spot on impression of the last president and even though I served in my country’s military for a lot of years I never voted or respected that ass. I saw Nam…I lived through Nixon, some of us in the military don’t support the crap that’s gone on.

But since getting brought into the pack that’s changed too.

I open my groceries and we sit and drink some of my Boddingtons and eat Mars bars while we watch them. I’m on beer four and he’s looking at me. “You are the strangest girl I’ve ever met Erica.”

I see the vicar and three biker types come out and get into an SUV. They peel out really fast. “Shit, shit…I’ve got to follow them, it’s a good thing it’s dark out.”

“Why? I.. Uhm why are you getting naked?”

I open his car door. “Watch my stuff?” He nods yes. “Oh Justin?”

“Uhm…Yeah?”

“The song’s true.”

“Song?, What song.”

“There are werewolves in London.” I shift and take off running after the SUV but let out a howl as I leave the area.

up
152 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Wow that's funny, but why

Wow that's funny, but why was Erica transformed into a girl? Is there a reason why eric couldn't stay a guy? Uo until now it seemed like the transformation of the "majesty" was an accident and not the usual result of a were infection.

Thank you for writing this interesting story,
Beyogi

Sure, but it did strike me

Sure, but it did strike me as rather odd...

Well bailey has explained it. I'm only miffed that the wife didn't get a gender transformation too ^^

Beyogi

An new Evanescence tale

is always welcome. looks like a great start too.
did Stevie know Eric was going to shift sex also or did the magic just do it?
what is ASA?
looking forward to the next chapter, thanks

reply

ASA is aspirin LoneWolf , i liked this one a small romp to the funny bone. the next chapter i hope will be done soon

ASA?

AcetylSalicylic Acid? Odd. I was almost certain that Brits called the stuff aspirin, which is what it's called in my Brit dictionary. ASA as an acronym isn't any faster or easier to say, either. Are you saying this techno-nickname for aspirin is in use in present-day England, or is it just in your alternate universe?

___________________
If a picture is worth 1000 words, this is at least part of my story.

Well for one.

I don't have a Brit dictionary and I didn't know the store brands of asprin at the time in the UK and I didn't think it'd be a big deal.

Bailey Summers

Thank You Rues.

I'll try to get one out sometime soon but there's a lot more writing I want to do and this is just sort of a side romp for now unless it becomes something more. I will be taking input on things for that part of the world.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Okay LoneWolf and Beyogi:)

Since you two asked pretty much the same question it went like this. Eric had the gene as a member of the pack but not the innate magic to activate it. Stevie transfered HER essence in part to Eric in a magical swap out and that power being the Queen's Alpha female magic adjusted the gene to fit the power and that changed Eric into Erica.

She could have done this using Dom and Eric would still be Eric but she never told anyone she's making her own new furred members for her own secret plans. Dom would so not be on board even with him helping. Where he's from being able to shift is part of the hierarchy and his social upbringing. Stevie doing this is one more thing some would want to kill her over.

He'd see it like granting a title to a peasant.

*Big Hugs to Both of You.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

That means Dom is more the

That means Dom is more the magical rasist type of person... "Magic to the purebloods"

And Stevie is more the race will survive by any cost type of person. It seems to work really well for Erika considering the way she is now. Couldn't Stevie turn his wife the same time? I mean there will be trouble thanks to the age difference...

But maybe Dom will come around... And they'll be a cute sex changed couple ;) (lol I love those :D)

*also big hugs*

Beyogi

Unfortunately Yes, Dom's Old Aristocracy.

With his people and he was raised to the laws and beliefs that kept his family in control for so long. Him Marrying Katya was supposed to position him to bring some of the unruly North American Packs under control. Then Stevie happened.

I'll have to keep that kind of story in mind:)
*More Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

I'm glad that Dom is only

I'm glad that Dom is only domineering in bed ^^
Seems to me like Stevie is ruling the packs and not him ;) That'S certainly an interesting development... The were's are recruting in their war against the templars. I wonder if there are some good ones too. They can't be alle evil, can they?

*pounce hug* ;)
Beyogi

Stevie's only more of a sub while "Wolfed Out."

It speaks to a more primal state of being and as her normal or mostly normal self she's very much her regular self. She's still working through the differences and Dom...Dom's so not used to strong women in his life except for the older females in his family.

There are good versions of the Templar's that are a smaller fringe/off shoot of them from way back called Paladins.

But Stevie only runs her pack and is the only one who's recruiting and at war with the Templar's. Most of the packs exclude the non-shifter members and they keep quiet and in hiding.

*Yay! Pounce Hugs are cool.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Erica and Kelly are wonderful charatcers... Characters! ACK!

As is the Brit, Justin, she has *car jacked*.

I noticed a few things. One BTW the ASA reference to aspirin was probably okay as Eric was ex military. They used to have things like APCs I think they were called which where pretty much just aspirin. APC an acronym for All-Purpose Capsule or something like that.

Mind you my military knowledge comes from documentaries, some stuff my dad told me from his days as a late/post WWII draftee, books and my time in the Boy Scouts.

LOVED the humor but noted though Erica feared that having been a hetero man SHE'd be a hetero woman but was relieved she is strongly attracted to her wife. BUT in her interaction with the British guy she went from verbal banter to almost flirting and her body sure responded to the kiss she used as a *cover*. She noticed she reacted differently than with Kelly, but perhaps even more intensely with Justin... certainly differently. She also noticed his sent, his BIG strong hands and ... BIG hands implies a BIG ...OMG! Maybe she was right and it was pheromones and her enhanced scenses but she was clearly evaluating him as a mate and found him VERY worthy.

She may THINK she is a lesbian but her body is bi ... IMHO. But then the pack needs cubs. I don't recall he saying she was aroused by any other women, thus is it more like Kelley is her bonded pack mate than Erica having a predominantly lesbian sexual orientation. IE Erica loves Kelly the person just as much as Eric loved Kelly the woman thus the love remains strong and the desires?

But then I gather Erica was transformed only fairly recently so has not had time to consider WHO she is. IE she has simply and happily continued on as a female were version of Eric. Look at how Steve/Stevie's relationship to Dom has changed YET she remains the pack leader, the alpha female and he is more her consort than the male alpha pack ruler. Only in the bed does he dominate and then only because she has come to desire it and in part due to her were nature. How will Erica act when she is fully *whole* in her female were mind?

As to her wife, at some point the age difference will strain their relationship. As a were AND more importantly a were made by the alpha female Erica will likely age slowly, remaining a teen or twenty something as Kelly soon becomes middle-aged then elderly. Could Stevie offer to make her a were or perhaps as some suggested have Dom turn her so Erica and Kelly could be man and wife again, just with reversed roles? or doesn't Kelly have the were gene? For now theirs is a loving though temporally distanced relationship but can it last?

And Erica needs help she can rely on. She may have a were's strength and all her military skills but she is alone in a strange country and as best I can tell carried no weapons other than her own body. M She told the man she could not trust the police. Maybe the man is a good choice both for an ally and a sire of her offspring? But can she accept this and what of Kelly?

BTW you never mentioned if Eric and Kelly had any kids and if they did not, why not? Other than his years away in the *service* they sound like a solid and loving couple that might have made great parents.

John in Wauwatosa.

P.S. Brilliant story. A worthy funny yet deadly serious addition to the whole Evanescence universe.

P.P.S. Wouldn't it be interesting if this Brit is a descendant of the good Templars, IE the Paladins? That Stevie through Erica is not just destined to end the war/save her people but to save that which was good in the Templars but which was corrupted by evil?

John in Wauwatosa

Holy Moley, John what a great comment!

I'm so glad that you liked this so much and that it was it hit apparently all the right spots. You're right about the amount of time Erica's been Erica it's been about five weeks for her total and she's been in Britain about two weeks out of that. It was a serious crash course in female stuff.

As for stuff with her and Kelly that'll be addressed later and partly in Fade To Black-2. But you are so right on some other things you mentioned.

I don't know what I'll do with Justin yet. I want to bring in help maybe from an urban UK pack or something once the word spreads plus it's The Ilses.

Fae abound.

Lot's of great Ideas here.

Once again John thank you so much for the awesome comment.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Apc

Aspirin, phenacetin, caffeine. Use to be a popular pain releaver

Love,

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Paula

Seek freedom and become captive of your desires. Seek discipline and find your liberty.

The Coda
Chapterhouse: Dune

Cool...More I didn't know.

Thanks Paula_D. I hope that you enjoyed the story. I like your quote Dune's pretty classic stuff though I could only get through the first book. I liked the series. Not really the movie though...It'd make a great re-do though.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

You're welcome Bailey and thanks Paula_D about the APC...

My first and best remembered experience with an APC was from an old Bill Cosby comedy LP where he had a terrible pain and nothing, not even an APC -- he'd been a medic in the Military around 1960 or so I believe -- took care of it.

Only his wife's Midol did the trick. That led to lines that went something like " I feel perfectly fine. Though every 28 days I get a little irritable."

About to read the next Stevie chapter, sounds intriguing. But then sending out *scouts* to smoke out the enemy is something she would do. As tragic as the loss of his beloved Katya(?) and his unwanted gift of her powers and sex, this aggressive attack on the Templars and their evil associates was something she could not have led the packs and other Fey as Stevie has. Only she, as an outsider could *see the foret for the trees* and realize this was a fight to the death and that all the mythic races were on the brink of extinction. Now that we know of the attempt at a genetic specific killer disease plus all the kidnappings and killings of their kind by the Templars, all out war was necessary as they already were in one but didn't realize it

Hum, was a were queen like Stevie *prophesized*? By either side?

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

APC

Phenacetin was replaced in the formulation, as it was causing too many problems, notably kidney failures, cancers, etc. Replaced in the mix by acetominophen (called paracetamol in the UK) the combination is still sold as Anacin in the U.S. (Anadin in the U.K.).

London

Aroo! LOL! This is such a funny piece even if it is serious too.
hugs
Grover

Yeah I just had to write this Grover.

The song Werewolves of London inspired this one but I want to do a bunch of short stories and stuff just to show off the rest of the Evanescence world/Universe. I'm really open to feed back for this and other story ideas too. But this is Stevie sending out agents to track the Templars elsewhere in the world and to sniff out the other packs out there. She want's to know about the whole old world politics from other sides other than Dom's.

*Great Big Hugs.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Welcome to England, Bailey! ^_^

Extravagance's picture

I have a feeling that the culture shock between Erica and Justin was a bit OTT, but what would I know? I'm much higher class than him (at least by nature), and use of slang doesn't come naturally to me. Had Erica encountered me instead, there would have been considerably less language barrier, but I wouldn't have been able to drive her anywhere. = )

Anyway, I hope you like it in England. I certainly wouldn't complain if you wanted to stay for real. ^_^ *HugglePurr* <3

- - -

I'm an honorary catgirl. =) I like fine seafood, and I love huggles and gentle scratches! ^_^
Catgirl_Likes_Prawns.jpg

Catfolk Pride.PNG

Thank You Extravagance:)

I'm hoping to enjoy my stay here, and I sort of meant the banter between them to be a little funny and tongue in cheek. I hope it had that effect. I'm more than willing to take ideas for this as I'm pretty much a tourist here.

Thanks for the great comments.
*Huggles and gentle scratches.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Good story

It's a good story, but I'll admit that for a while there; I thought you were writing a fan fic for The Secret World (mmorpg that releases in April '12). :)

Kristin Darken

I'm not much of a mmorpg player...

so I've never really heard of it. I'm an RP dinosaur, I owned Greyhawk the 1rst time around when it was new. Nope this is an offshoot story for my Evanescence universe.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Arooo Bailey!

You know I'm from OZ!

One night in a small town called Cloncurry, North West Queensland.
Maybe after the Pub closed (midnight +), or somebody went shooting and left them in the back of the Ute, and they got out!

Somebody said, I seen 'A roo' hopping down the street last night, somebody else said I seen another one.

That was probably 'Arooo' (two roos).

The Queen came to us also and said we want some of you in Nam, and if you don't go we'll have a lottery and draw your birthday and you'll have to go. Everybody will hate you and if you ever come back home no one will recognise you and turn their backs, but you did it for Queen and Country (and the Yanks), sorry, you'll get buried over there if we find any bits!

Aroooooooooo!!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Thanks Rita! I loved the roo bit:)

One of these days I'm going to write something with either an Aussie or actually have something set down there. I had the Idea of maybe a Mabarn or a Dreamtime fella or something. I don't know, it's kinda a stereotype or something. There might be some fae down under having come in with the boats or who knows maybe a romance story set down there with a tourist or something.

Nam was like most of the wars A waste of Time, A waste of Life and mostly about Money.
Although your Countries part in the war is pretty much unknown by most North Americans.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Wait, what? You mean that,

Wait, what? You mean that, a) Stevie only has a single, if extended, pack at her side for now, and b) that she's making her own personal agents from the gene carriers and this kind of practice is frowned upon to say the least?

I have to wonder, really, right now - what is the attitude of different packs and clans of various origin and locations on the gene carriers? I know you said the Old World regards them as sorta peasants, but my question has less to do with social standing and more to do with the terms of propriety. Are the gene carriers and by extension their possible shifter children considered to be part of a pack on a first come first serve basis, or are the packs territorial about these groups, or is there a matter of pack and individual's bloodlines to be considered, or any combination of the above?

To put it differently, are the newest shifters considered to be the members of the first pack that comes upon them, are they considered to be members of the pack that frequents the territory, are they considerer to be members of the pack their were ancestor came from, or any combination of these and/or other options? Just how much trouble can Stevie find herself in by active recruiting over the US?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Okay...cool.

In "Normal" were society the "Furred" members of the pack happen like a natural occurrence when their essence is strong enough magically to trigger it. The gene carriers in the family are treated as almost invisible serfs by the furred members of the pack. If a non-furred member of one pack might marry into another pack even if non-furred it goes up before the alpha's of each pack. But that's only in the case of Were-blood. Non-Were's aren't an issue unless they've mage blood, that's forbidden.
But yes unless they become part of another pack by marriage even the non-shifters still belong to the pack literally.
Alpha's draw on the power of the pack through a link and use that to fuel their own power as strength, speed and regeneration are all boosted by the pool of energy. To bestow the Silverbite to make their own chosen but it's a rare and sacred thing that the court of the Alpha is supposed to approve. Stevie doing her thing is counter tradition too and most would see as dangerous. It's not done in the old world at all. They breed their non-shifters through alpha nominated arranged marriages in hopes to wake a shifter child. Stevie's making her pack social equals is totally counter culture and her making them full shifters is so not done either.
Much of this is tradition but it's tradition that is almost sacred law. See the bigger the pack of shifters an Alpha has the, more powerful they get. To make matter's worse the new wolves get stronger as time goes on and that makes the Alphas even stronger. Wars were fought over this in the old world.
A lot of people will see Stevie as upsetting the balance of power as it now stands.

I hope this helps define stuff.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

So, basically:

So, basically:
---The belonging of a gene carrier to a pack is a bloodline question first and foremost, and persists until and unless the gene carrier is married to a member of another pack.
---The marriage to a mage blood is forbidden.
---The empowering to create a full shifter is supposed to be a post-approval act, with approval by a 'court of the Alpha' - presumably meaning the advisors and elders of the pack of the same Alpha to whose pack the gene carrier belongs to - and is only done to the gene carriers of the pack's bloodline.
---The Alphas get more power from tapping into the pack members.
---The 'new wolves' get stronger as time goes on - depending on interpretation it may mean either the Silverbite-affected weres or all the furred weres in entirety.

Corrolaries are:
---There possibly exists an intrinsic connection of all the bloodline members, furred or not, to the Alpha of their pack - or there are rituals for binding them into such.
---There possibly exists a ritual for changing the connection from one pack to the other one, and/or for severing a connection. Used to transfer gene carriers from pack to pack, or to create a new pack (if the one cut off is of Royal line).
---The full shifters are likely bound by the aforementioned tradition dash sacred law to never leave their pack - thus remaining the power base for their Alpha.
---The 'Silverbite' as you called it automatically transfers the connection from the bloodline to the Alpha performing it.

Am I correct in these?

Oh, and two things more. One, you called the Silverbite, as Silvermark, in Fade to Black part 1. Two, am I correct that a gene carrier and mage blood offspring is more likely to become full Weres because of their higher essence? You already said how Weres with mage-blood are hunted down because they break the Royal's monopoly on Silvermark, and speaking speculatively, may be the actual source of all those Royal lines in the first place back so long ago.

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

You're right on the money Faraway:)

I guess to put the fine points on these bits then:

There is a connection between the Alpha and the entire pack all those of the pack gene are linked to the Alpha. This lets the Alpha "Guide the pack."

The Alpha can draw on the link with the pack to become more powerful.

All Were's get more powerful with age not weaker due to their magical nature at least magically. How and why is part of the Were origins.

The Marriage into the mageblood creates children that will have high essence and those could become shifters even if the bloodlines were once "weak" in addition "true Magic" is reserved by the Alpha's. Not all know magic but in the old world the Alpha lines are strong with the majik.

Very High powered Were's can create new Were's without being an Alpha, it's rare but once they do it starts a chain reaction that can create a new pack. New packs aren't wanted and barely allowed, they either break them up as soon as they happen and absorb them or cull them.

They'll Hate Stevie she breaking tradition but more over she's has real spell casting powers and Dom, a very Old Pack with really strong magic lines and throwing her blood and magic and Alpha powers she'll bring so much to the line again. Even his pack will be nervous. As Alpha her power is stronger than his because of her magic. Stevie's power might bond Dom to her instead of Dom binding her and thus to his pack.

That whole marriage bond bit is one of the reasons the Old packs are so strong. They don't want to really share that.

Which does mean there are rituals from going from one pack through another. One is a marriage type another is a new member being bound and then there's those that cross from one pack to another...very, very rare and mostly limited to the Old World packs. Kind of like a major player in the spy world changing sides.

Now the act is the Silverbite and the scar is the Silvermark, but the ownership term of the bite is referred to sometimes as the the Silvermark. It's a hold over from the old world and a bit nebulous in it's use. The SilverMark is sort of like a royal seal in a way I guess it can identify who they come from.

On a side note that proves you're right about the mage origins is All Were's can put mana into their marks and it'll give off a Were perceivable energy like a badge or a crest. Even "Natural" born Were's will have a Silvermark even if there's no bite scar. It get's carried over by birth. It even will take most often the shape of the most magically dominant parent.

Blended Silvermarks with traits of both are unheard of.

I hope I covered everything.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Makes sense

I am mostly out of questions now, yet here's another - the way you say it Dom's appearance is like a sort of a raider takeover (corporate raid), where he was counted on by his clan to mate with Katya and form a bond - and him being from a powerful Royal line would have given him ample chance to become a true Alpha of the pack or something along that line, consequently making this pack a branch of his own clan. Am I correct?

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

You're right again:)

That's the way the Old Blood Packs do it. The Native American Packs are very different by their entire custom the're the most powerful packs even among the other types of Were's.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

lol!!!

Just found this while looking through your title page.. Hooked

alissa