Soul Sword Ch 1

Printer-friendly version

Soul Sword
Chapter 1: The Prologue

By Blackout

Editor: Zip

sword_soul_1.jpg

Terry was your typical average teenage boy. But like most stories he was about to be startled by some unexplainable power, but hey that’s what makes the story interesting. Read on as the life of one typical teenage boy except for his hobby of swordsmanship is turned around as he discovers a world he never thought he would enter in more ways than one.

Also I know I went off the radar for a while and I know it's going to happen again sometime. So I am going to say sorry ahead of time for that. Anyway here is a new story. I am going to try to keep the amount put out for each chapter lighter otherwise I won't be able to write at all considering the pressure Real Life causes. This has not been really edited so please forgive me ahead of time if you want to point out mistakes message me. Again I just could not write anything other summer. But I hope this story starts off well.

--SEPARATOR--

It was going to be a long summer break. Here I was camping with my best friend Shane in the forest of who knows where. While most people would like camping trips I was not one of them. Don’t get me wrong, I could see why some people liked the idea of getting away in the woods. But to me not showing, having no TV, or any connection to the outside world was completely unappealing. I really missed the modern world advances already.

My name is Terry by the way and I was your typical guy who liked to play video games, and chill with his friends. I wasn’t particularly smooth with the ladies either, unlike my friend Shane. Shane wasn’t even all that athletic. The only thing we ever really did together besides video games was to practice swords at his family’s house… which also ran swordsmanship classes. I was really interested in learning the art of the sword and that is how I met Shane. Unlike me though, Shane had no real interest in learning about sword fighting, in fact he was pretty bad. If it was not for our friendship, he would not even practice sword fighting at all.

It was rather unfortunate. Here I was a typical loser boy, whose only real talent was swordsmanship. But, I hailed from an ancestry of bankers, lawyers, and so on. While my friend Shane came from a family who had an ancestor that was a famous Knight known for apparently slaying some mythical evil dragon. Not that I for a minute believed that story. But his family still hailed from a famous knight, whose swordsmanship was unmatched. Yet all Shane ever really cared about was how many girls he could hit on in a week. We were both 18 although he was older than me. Soon we would be heading our separate ways as we headed to college. It was kind of a sad thought.

He was still my best friend, even though he made me look bad by comparison. We had been through so much together. I helped him with swords and he helped me with girls. Somehow from there our friendship blossomed, and now we were out here in the woods. It was all Shane’s dad’s idea. We would go out into the woods, just the two of us, and indulge in nature while working on connecting and becoming one with our swords and become men, whatever that meant.

Anyway, here we were just minding our own business in the woods, and all I really wanted to do was go back home.

“No bars! How am I supposed to text Michelle now?” said Shane.

“Do you really need to talk to her now?”

“Of course, you really don’t know girls at all. I don’t want her to think I am ignoring her. I thought we would at least get some bars out here.”

“Whatever man, listen I am going to get some wood for a fire.”

“Sounds good!”

As I walked into the forest I could not shake the strangest feeling that I was being watched. It was about five minutes later that I found the jack pot. I had found some pretty large fire wood nearby. It was pretty weird too, since all the fire wood was pretty much located in the same place, like someone had left it there. The area around this part of the forest seemed pretty thin… except for this one giant tree. It was a very beautiful tree though. Age did nothing but add to its beauty. It was like the mother of all trees. Stranger then that was the fact that it looked like it was riddled with cuts from a sword. Maybe someone came out here and practiced on the tree.

“Whatever! I better get the firewood back to the camp site.”

It took a little while to drag all the firewood back. Shane was nowhere to be seen. It figures. He is probably still trying to get a connection to contact Michelle.

I just don’t know what he saw in Michelle, besides the fact that she was gorgeous. If it was not for her looks, I doubt anyone would want to hang out with that self-centered Bitch. She was your typical manipulative teen idol. I swear the only reason she was dating him was that he was considered the cutest guy in school, according to the girls and Michelle thought it was important that he was under her thumb.

Shane had a pretty muscular build but not overly so, like those body builders you see in pictures on the internet. He had your typical shaggy brown hair that for some reason the ladies loved, and emerald eyes that also seemed to look through you. That was another aspect of him that seemed unnerving. He seemed to be able to look through you and understand every aspect of your soul, which he often used, at least on girls anyway. His skin was fairly plain maybe a decent tan but not much to speak about.

That was the only area I trumped him in looks. I was pretty tan just from the amount of time I spent outside practicing the sword. My messy brown hair, for some reason did nothing to attract girls. It was just messy. While on Shane it gave him that sense of danger like he was not to be taken lightly. I did not look as buff as Shane, but that was because most of my muscle was lean and hidden under the skin, to allow for smooth, swift reflexes while using a sword. While my eyes compared to Shane’s were a shit brown. Damn why couldn’t my eyes just be brown. They had to be a shit brown. Nobody likes looking into someone’s eyes and seeing…. Shit! Yes shit is very romantic…. for freaking monkeys.

I started to add the wood I found around that mysterious tree to the fire as it was beginning to die. As the wood was added it began to give off a very peculiar and sweet scent. I inhaled deeply. It was very relaxing. The scent from the wood seemed to swirl around and I felt like all my worries were fading away. I decided to just take a quick seat and relax around the fire.

“Damn this wood is awesome it’s so relaxing…..YAAAWWWWNNN! I guess a little nap couldn’t kill me.”

)()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()()(

I was floating in the area. The smoke from the fire was sailing around me, it still smelled great but now it was invigorating. I filled me with energy. I felt powerful and strong, like I could take on the world.

That’s when things got weird. The smoke suddenly took a form of a beautiful lady. She looked young but I sensed that she was really centuries older than she appeared; she gave off a sense of wisdom and unequaled experience. I really could not make out any really defined feature since her entire body was made entirely of smoke which was still moving all around. It was like smoke trapped in a bottle shaped like a woman.
It was then, that a beautiful mysterious voice seemed to emanate from the smoke woman.

“A sword is born to prepare her lord
Through times of scorn and time of mourn
A soul she bears upon to take her role
An unbreakable sword to move forward
One life shall end but another shall begin
Thrust forward sword till the end
Your adventure is about to begin”

With that the smoke lady seemed to disappear. “What the heck was that? I can talk like that. You know weird spirit smoke. A cryptic message, what a drool. See I can speak like that also?”

Here I was just talking out laud to myself, and I did not even notice the smoke start to surround me. It was suffocating like it was taking over me.

“Terry!”

Someone was calling me name.

“Terry wake up, its morning already!”…….

Author's Note: I have come back. Also I hope you enjoyed ch 1 the beginning. Anyway this story has now been edited and updated thanks to Zip.

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Soul Sword Ch 1

Good beginning,

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Nice start!

Nice start!

Soul Sword

I want to see where you take it from here. Nice start.

Okay, Hook well Cast!

I have bitten.

Awaiting More.

Publish More.

Am sure I shall truely bite.

Olivea

Updating

This week shall prove to be very overwhelming for me. Soul swords has been sitting partly written on my computer for about a month. I decided not to make it long though. I just can't handle large amounts of writing in my hectic life so I am going to try to keep the writing down so more chapters but less long. I will try to update some when I find the chance.

Interesting... I wonder how

Interesting... I wonder how this will continue...

Thank you for writing,

Beyogi

Curious

Hm, from the name I assumed this was another bleach thing, but now, I have to say its really interesting and I am curious where it would lead...

Terry

terrynaut's picture

I just can't resist a story with magic and a main character with the same name as me.

Thanks and kudos! It's looking good so far.

- Terry

shit brown eyes, what shade

shit brown eyes, what shade is that, I've dark brown eyes and have been told beautiful, shit brown not dark brown is it cause I'll get a complex?

Lol interesting start.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Smoking at such a young age

Jamie Lee's picture

So when Sean came up missing when Terry came back with the fire wood, and smoke lady appeared spewing poetry, Terry was dreaming? Maybe? It seemed like it.

But if smoke lady was for real then when Terry gets out of bed, or at some point in time, he's going to discover a change.

Others have feelings too.