The Hero Part 1

Printer-friendly version


The Hero

by

Jacquimac

Part One

Even the world children is affected by war in these so called modern days, the peaceful neighbourhoods where they play and revel in their innocence can be turned into a battleground by the Religious Zealots from other nations, more commonly known as TERRORIST. They don`t care that children and other innocents have no interest in what goes on outside their own little world.

It was a fine sunny saturday morning and the children were happily playing and laughing in the park without a care in the world, one of the older children heard something richochet off a tree and turning round saw a bundle with a hissing fuse. Quickly he chased the other children away from the immediate area and around a nearby building, unfortunately James tripped just as the bundle exploded and was caught in the blast, his last thought as he lapsed into a world of darkness was that the children were safe.

After the explosion people came running from every direction to see what was going on and hopefully to find sons and daughters safe and unharmed. After a checking on the children and ensuring that they were safe, it was found that James was not amongst them and a search of the area was started, After a short time a shout went up James had been found but was severly injured and the Paramedics were called. The Medics arrived just as the last of debris was cleared away from the small broken body.

James father had been killed fighting in Iraq two years earlier and his mother was at work, somebody went and fetched her to the hospital where James was now being operated on by surgeons fighting to safe the childs life.

All round the town the word had gone out about the terrorist attack and how James had saved the children, churches were holding services to pray for the child who put himself in harms way to save the innocent. The men of town were not attending the services, no they were looking for a stranger a stanger that didn`t fit into their town, someone who had been seen walking away from that terrible scene and it wasn`t long before they found him.

It wasn`t long before they found Ali Mohammed and soon he was in the custody of the local police, he never denied his crime in fact he rejoiced in it to the anger of everyone including the police officers. He was a supporter of Osama bin Laden and was proud that he struck a blow for Islam and the Muslim World.

Back at the hospital surgeons managed to stabalise the condition of little James and would now have to play the waiting game hoping he would live recover enough for them to attempt to put his broken body back together when he was stronger.

James was nine years old, small for age, of slight build and not very strong, he was a bit of loner and had few friends,he had taken it badly when his father had been killed and did his best to help his mother, he never complained and was friendly enough with everyone. He was kindly soul and would help anyone when he could and was liked by the adults for his extraordinary maturity. He loved watching the kids play in the park and took it on himself to keep an eye out for them.

The hospital was inundated with phone calls asking about James`s condition form concerned people, the waiting room always had a few waiting for news of the child and Yes the press was ever present, looking for a story of this young hero. I say Hero as that was what he was to the children and their parents, a fund was set up and donations were flooding in from all over the country, specialists were flown in and were waiting to begin the many surgical proceedures to mend Poor James`s broken body.

His mother Elizabeth was well,liked in the town and was nurse at a local GP`s Practice, she had been working at the time of the bombing and was now by James bedside, very distraught and silently praying for her sons survival. The doctors had assured that his condition was for now stable and he was being monitored 24hrs a day. The full extent of his injuries was as yet unknown as a full examination was put aside until they saved his live, once his condition stabalised a complete examination would be carried out to assertain what surgery would be needed on the future.

The examination they had initial carried out showed that everthing from the hip area down was badly damaged, Xrays had been taken to aid in the initial surgery, but saving the child life took priority over everything else.

Eventually the Doctors forced the distraught mother to go home to rest, assuring her that she would notified on the slightest change to James's condition although it might be days before he showed any signs of recovery.

Milly the woman who lived next door arrived at the hospital and took Elizabeth home, after getting to bed started ringing the other women in the neighbourhood to set up a watch on Elizabeth ensuring she would always have somebody with her during this difficult time. Milly was like a second mother to James and her children who were teenagers looked out James.

Sunday arrived with no word from the hospital, thanks to the sedative the doctor had given Elizabeth before she left the Hospital, the poor woman was still asleep, Milly had gone home and Jean had taken her place looking after Elizabeth,, she was starting to cook breakfast when Elizabeth walked into the kitchen.

"Oh Hello Jeam, I thought Milly was here" Elizabeth said

"She was but I took over so she could see to her two and get a bit of sleep" replied Jean

The ate and chatted and not once did James enter the conversation, both women were avoiding the subject until Jean said " We're all sorry about James and you won`t be alone until he recovers or is at least out of danger, and before you ask there is no change in his condition."

"Thanks Jean, I was hoping I would hear some good news though but I supposed it would be too soon to expect miracles" replied Elizabeth

up
119 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

thanks for sharin the storie

thanks for sharin the storie .............an cant wait to read the rest.

The Hero

Will the hero James now become Jamie?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine