Soul Sword Ch 3

Printer-friendly version

Soul Sword Ch 3
Chapter 3: I am the sword! The Awakening!

By Blackout

Editor: Zip

soul_sword_3.jpg

Terry was your typical average teenage boy. But like most stories he was about to startled by some unexplainable power but hey that’s what makes the story interesting. Read on as the life of one typical teenage boy except for his hobby of swordsmanship is turned around as he discovers a world he never thought he would enter in more ways than one.


 

“What the fuck did that thing just say?”

“Dude, just forget about it, let’s just get out of here.”
As much as I was surprised and pissed, I was more scared of those freaking zombie things. We turned around and started running back from where we came. The whole situation made no sense to me, and I couldn’t really think much about it, since I was running for my life.

“Those things are probably blind, man!” Shane told me as we were running.

“Yeah! That’s what it must be, though this whole situation makes no sense!” I kept getting hit by branches as we moved further back leaving scrapes and bruises all other my body. There was just no time to navigate carefully around the trees.

“Ouch! Stupid forest! Can this day get any worse?”

“I don’t think so Terry, but let’s not jinx it.”

As we continued forward we eventually made it back out of the clearing we just left. The sky was pretty dark now and it seemed to be giving off an evil vibe. It was as if the world itself was alerting us to our ultimate doom. I know that is not the nicest of thoughts. But I can’t help but thinking it. I mean… life as I knew it was turned upside down with freaking zombie mutant things. I could not see or hear any of the freaks.

“I think we finally lost them, man.”

“We can’t be too sure we should continue moving before they find us again.”

“Good idea. Let’s get as far away as possible and try going around to get back to your car.”

“OOOHHhhhh…..sssoo..ooo….ther…ee …. Yo..uuuu.. ……aarrrrre!” “(Oh so there you are!)”

The creatures had found us and this time there was no escaping without a fight.

“Shane, it’s been nice knowing you man.”

“Yeah it was fun, bro.”

We both nodded smiling at each other. We both know what the other was thinking. We were going to fight till the end and die as warriors. If we were lucky we would kill a few of those things. Me and Shane had our backs up against the big mysterious tree at this point. This was so we could avoid attacks from behind since we would be facing multiple opponents.

“Gee..tt….thheeemmm! (Get them!)”

The freaks of nature charged at us. Though they only seemed to be going for Shane so I did my best to fend them off while helping Shane. We were finding it impossible to hit any of the zombie mutant things. They were just really quick and Shane was taking a real beating as he was cut and scraped. Shit he was going to die soon if we didn’t find a way to defeat those things. I never was much for prayer growing up, but seeing as I was going to die soon anyway I might as well try it.

Oh please, if you’re out there listening, whoever you are. Please, please provide us with the strength to survive. Please allow me to save Shane!

“Yes that is the spirit, my child., A sword must protect her master!” An unknown voice echoed in my head.

It was then that my entire world seemed to go black. I could still hear the sounds of the outside world though it was strange I heard the beasts yelling and jeering, but I was never more freaked out in my life. What was going on, was I dead. Did the beasts kill me?

“Holy Shit, Terry!”

It was Shane’s voice; I guess he was shocked about my death.

“Don’t touch him, stay away you beasts.”

It felt as if someone suddenly grabbed me and picked me up. I felt euphoria like I was being lifted up. I then heard a sound like the unsheathing of a sword, a sound I knew well from all the time I spent practicing my swordsmanship. Light suddenly filtered through and I could see again. I guess I wasn’t so dead after all then, unless I was a ghost now.

I don’t think I was though. I could see a sword in my hand and my body seemed to be moving really quickly as if I was cheetah. But I wasn’t moving at all. I caught a glimpse of something that shocked me. It was a red shirt, not just any red shirt but the one Shane was wearing with Hollister logo on it. Somehow it seemed I was seeing the world through Shane’s eyes, and boy was he something.

A moment before Shane was nearing death, but now he was moving around with great agility and skill. It was beyond any normal human movement. It was amazing to watch as he wove and dodged attacks from the strange creatures. I also felt the motion, somehow though. It was like I was being held by Shane. I felt Shane’s hands on me somehow, and he was using me. Then Shane finally got one of the beasts as he chopped off a few fingers. The weirdest part was I felt the blow. It was like I was cutting through the monster. It was kind of disgusting feeling monster blood on me, like it was contaminating my beauty.
“Holy shit” I screamed. Realization had hit me. I was the SWORD!!!

“Hey Terry, is that you?”

“Yeah it is. What the hell is going on?!”

“Somehow we can hear each other’s thoughts Terry.”

“Yeah I know it’s weird, and I can see what you’re seeing.”

“Really, so you’re seeing this all through my eyes.”
“Yeah I am! So what exactly happened back there? How am I a freaking sword?”

“Well you suddenly glowed without a lot of light coming out of you, and then suddenly your shape changed. It was like your whole body collapsed into a sword. The beasts were going frantic then trying to grab the sword but I wasn’t about to let them get what they wanted.”

“So I really did become a sword.”

“Yeah it was strange, and the moment I picked you up and unsheathed you I felt rejuvenated and strong again like I could take these monsters. My whole physical ability and skill with a sword seems to have exploded beyond human levels.”

“I can see that man, you’re doing pretty well.”

“I know it’s like I have superpowers now.”

“By the way, I can feel your hands on me… which I am fine with, considering the situation. But it’s a little creepy. Also when you cut the monster I felt its blood on me. But I also felt something more. It was like tasting pure evil and chaos, but there was also some confusion I felt.” The problem was, I couldn’t quite pin it. It was like something inside the creature was screaming to be set free.”

“Wow you felt all of that just from the creature’s blood. I wonder what else you can do.”

“I don’t know man, but if we don’t find a way to turn this battle around, we’re done for.” Despite how much inhuman skill and agility Shane now had, the sheer number of the beasts attacking him was beginning to take effect. If we didn’t find a way to turn this around soon, we were going to lose.

I had to find a way to turn this battle around. What could I do as the sword? I didn’t have to think hard because all I did was ask myself, and poof the answer came to me. It was like my instruction book was in my head. I only had to ask.

“Terry I think I found a spell that will help us out of this situation.”

“What do you mean a spell man?”

“I know it’s hard to believe but just trust me ok.”

“Dude I believe you, there are freaking monsters here, right in front of me.”

“Ok! So all you have to do is swing the sword at the monsters as you recite this particular spell, you don’t even have to make physical contact with the monsters. You got that?”

“Yeah man, so what do I say?”

“The spell is called dancing tree wind in English, and what you need to say to cast this spell is VABRAZON CARDONIA. You got that?”

“Loud and clear, let’s try this spell out shall we?”

As he was swinging me, I heard Shane scream at the top of his lungs “Vabrazon Cardonia!”

I felt cool all of a sudden, like a great wind was welling up inside me stirring all the trees, and then I felt the wind release from me all at once. Looking through Shane’s eyes, I was shocked and thrilled to see a giant arc of razor sharp wind being released from me. It completely sliced all the monsters in its path as it sailed through the air. I heard those beasts scream their final cry as they crumpled dead. The other beasts just stared at us in terror and began to back up, lucky for us.

“Rrree..trreeeaaattt!” “(Retreat!)” One of the beasts yelled.

“Wow dude that was awesome.”

“I know. Right!” I was finally relieved that the mutant zombie things were retreating.

“That’s right! You better not mess with me again!” Shane yelled.

A few of the retreating monsters suddenly got sliced into many little pieces as they were running toward the denser part of the forest.

“Geez what am I going to do with you guys. You’re fucking WORTHLESS!” Someone screamed.

Out of the forest walked one of the most intimidating adult men I have ever seen. He was carrying a two handed sword that gleamed red and silver, red because of all the monster blood on it. He was wearing armor that was black as night. He had a lot of rough manly stubble; he probably had to shave often. His eyes were a dark shade of brown but seemed to glow red also from the blood on the sword reflecting into his eyes. He had messy black hair and deep folds in his cheek bones that only heightened his masculinity. This was all on top on the fact that he already looked as buff as hell, and his eyes seemed to scream evil intentions. The worst though was the sinister smile he was giving off. It was damn scary.

“Mmmaaa….sssttt..eeerrrr Deee…aaat..tthhh ….Bll..aaade!” “(Master Death Blade!)” The monsters still alive shouted surprised.

“You Zogarts are trash. You're given one small little task and you mess it up. If I had my way I would kill the whole lot of you.”

“Wweee..rreeee….sssooorr…r.rryyyy…..ssii..rrrr!” “(Were sorry sir!)”

“Save it you trash, I could still kill all of you and just say you were all defeated by this new soul sword wielder, but you’re lucky that I am in a good mood today.”

Then to mine and Shane’s horror the demon swords man turned his attention to us.

“Hey! Boy let’s see what you’re made of. Entertain me a little before I kill you.” The black knight said with that evil smile of his.

Author's Notes: So here is Soul Sword Chapter 3 and things are picking up even more. I actually did manage to already finish chapter 4 and it is edited but I am going to wait a little before posting it. It is also really great having Zip back and editing. So if you want give Zip a big thanks. Also I will say it again if you enjoyed the story and wish to see more please kudos and or comment if you want. It really does help motivate me to write more. Also after looking around for a while (about 5 hrs) I finally found a picture suitable to be the title picture for Soul Sword. I don't know about anyone else but I really like this new image for the story :)!

up
183 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Soul Sword Ch 3

Love the pics of Swordgirl, but I wonder if she is Shane or Terry.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

It's Terry

It's Terry

...

Up until now I figured she might be terry, but I'm not so sure anymore...

I like this story,

Beyogi

I was a bit cut up about the guys being chased.

But then thanks to magic it got sorted.

But then this other maniac turns up, you just can't win can you.

Terry looks great and it's a nice sword.

Thanks Blackout.

Thanks ZIP have a wonderful day, zippity doodah my oh my.

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.

'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

A bit cut -up

LOL

I like

where this story is going.

Change of Picture

reason being legal reasons. This pictures I was using before had watermarks on them and I was not sure if with watermarks on them they were allowed to be used without charge. So I just decided to play it safe. Sorry I can't spend money buying a bunch of pictures that is a waste of money for me.

But I did find this new picture after a five hour search (uhg) I really like this picture and I think you will also. It may even be better then the old pictures with all that nice detail. I am very excited to being using it :)!!!

Picture

I guess it's still Terry?

LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.

'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

So it is

Yes it is Terry. I should just start captioning pictures shouldn't I? lol
Also for some reason I just can't figure out how to shift the pictures to the center or right side.

It's pretty easy

erin's picture

Highlight the picture code then hit the "C" button in the mini-editor. This will center the picture. To move it to the right edge of the story box, go in and edit the word "center" in the div tag to read "right". I centered it for you.

Nice picture. I like pictures. :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

You just pressed the...

easy button. Wow that was EASY!!! Thanks I may not have figured it out otherwise even though that was simple. I guess you just overlook the simplest of solutions sometimes. Lol :)

-Blackout

Interesting story, I assume

Interesting story, I assume Shane will find his sword will become a girl version of his best friend Terry when it changes back to human form, at least I assume Terry'll change back.

Looking forward to Shane and Terry's reaction when and if that happens.

Thanks for sharing.

Lizzie :)

P.S the picture cool, Terry's hawt lol :P

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

In a video game

Jamie Lee's picture

First Terry encounters thick smoke caused by the strange logs being put onto the camp fire, then the poetry spewing poetry, then the monster thingys, and Sean fights with Terry being his sword. A spell helps kill the monsters but now they've got the double ax big guy with red eyes. Are Sean and Terry trapped in a video game? Or has a video game come to life?

Others have feelings too.