Sweet Dreams-19..So Snow White; Are you going to order the apple? Part 1

Printer-friendly version

Sweet Dreams-19...So Snow White; Are you gonna order the apple? Part One

Chapter 19

It’s just getting onto the start of evening and I’m looking down at Alex and he’s standing in front of the limo and the sun’s behind it and him and he’s dressed like that and the wind is blowing his dark hair to one side.

I know I’m just playing the part of a girl, well trying to be a girl now but the way that my heart does this huge heavy thud in my chest at the sight of him it's all girl.

I take my time going down the steps using the railing to help myself glide and I walk towards Alex and Alex walk to me and somewhere between here and there we just slip into each others arms and then we’re kissing.

It’s not a make up smearing kiss by any means but it’s a capital K Kiss rather than a lower case k kiss.

And someway that Kiss makes this feeling like I’m finally really alive flow through me. Add that in with the way he’s holding me, and looking at me and while I’m all calm and stuff on the outside my inside me is naked, holding a bottle of champagne and dancing on the table screaming Girl!, Girl!, Girl!

That’s why when I break the kiss I’m giggling.

He gives me this look and an eyebrow. I beam a silly grin at him. “It’s not my fault; this is my brain on hairspray.”

His face twitches and I almost made him laugh in from of Adam and April. I lean up to kiss him again and as I do I cross my eyes. He kisses me anyway and whispers in my ear. “Stop that. You’re going to make me laugh.” I can’t help but smile at the playful notes there though. He’s hiding it but he’s smiling. Well he’s smiling on the inside.

Alex and his Dad get us both into the limo and I slid in first and do it as graceful as April’s shown me and do this whole slide on my butt and sideways slip my legs in like a lady is supposed to do in a dress. April’s next and she makes it look like she does this all of the time which I figure she has. Then the guys. We drive for a few minutes before Alex smiles at me. “You look amazing Hunter.”

I blush and smile back at him. “Thank you, you look just amazing too Alex I didn’t really know that guys actually could look like that in real life. Mr. Donavan you look perfectly handsome as well.”

He’s looking at me not with the usual look well it’s the usual look but a bit more laid back, kind of a laconic sort of predatory thing going on. “Thank you, you ladies look ravishing tonight we should have a good time. Not to pick Hunter but just so I’m braced just how much did this new look cost my expense account?”

“Dad...” Alex looks like he’s going to get angry or start to head there. I should have known that he’s got it packed away but that’s still there right under the surface.

“Alex, it’s a perfectly good question.” He’s not even looking at Alex instead he’s staring at me.

“Alex it’s alright.” I reach over and take his arm in mine and wind the fingers into Alex’s. “This isn’t a going out having fun night we’re helping your Dad out by filling in space at one of his business events. He’s got a right to know how much that was spent.”

I smile at him and stare him right back into his eyes. “Actually I paid for all of this save the makeover out of my own money.”

April pipes in with. “And the make-over was my treat so you’re expense card is safe honey, you can afford to splurge tonight on our guests.”

Alex looks at me. “I told you, you could have put it all on my expense card.”

I know but I wanted to do this I’ve been broke for so long that it actually felt really nice to buy something brand new for me out of my own money. I hope you and your Dad don’t mind?” I smile at Alex this warm and little sexy…I’m sneaky and I love you smile and I look at Adam and hit him with the triple eyelash hit… blink, blink, blink…

He smiles this slow smile and he lights a smoke. I wonder, no he likely knows that I’m quitting.

Alex looks at him. “Not everyone smokes in this space you know.”

“Oh, sorry that was careless of me.”

He leans forward and puts it out. We’re quiet and the drive takes us to two other houses in even more upscale or equally upscale neighbourhoods of the city and when we stop the guys get out and then let the wives in or in one case definitely girlfriend or mistress even. They start speaking in a mix of languages, I’m pretty sure a lot of it is Italian.

I don’t speak Italian or any other language for that matter other than a smattering of German and Polish and Norwegian. Some of it from Mom but mostly stuff I picked up by growing up in a house with a skinhead Aryan brother for a stepfather.

I’m not sure that it’s on purpose but I’m suddenly in the back of this limo with these people who are all from wealth and likely power and experience, and these lovely and beautiful girls and women who all outshine the little stick wearing a dress. And they’re all talking so fast and so loud in Italian and I’m hearing French and Alex is getting caught up by all the questions they’re asking him and he’s trying to answer them and trying to translate for me and…they’re touching him, his leg and his shoulder and his chest in that flirty I mean it but I don’t European way and leaning over showing off one magnificent set of breasts after another and it hurts.

I want to be that real for him. I want him to be able to see me like that. Not like this…I feel really fake for the first time in awhile and I don’t… can’t follow the conversations and they’re going so fast….

It makes it really obvious that I’m not just stupid but I’m so outclassed really. And they start smoking and drinking and I really….It takes everything I have not to start to cry right now.

You know how amazing I felt when all this started?

I feel like Cinderella must have felt when the clock hit midnight and everything around her turned to crap.

And Adam’s staring at me with this I told you so look.

And I’m Billy Hunter all over again the kid of a methe-head-hooker and a psycho skinhead stepfather pretending to be something I’m not and I’m sitting here in all these girly clothes pretending to be a girl when I just some little cross dressing fag.

Honest to god, I… I was in spot where I could’ve thrown myself out of the car door and into traffic I would have.

Then that hits me as that’s what Alex’s mom had done and how could I even thing of doing something like that to him…I couldn’t, not if I knew how to properly love him.

I feel so sick to my stomach right now.

So of course that’s when we arrive at the RecCen and we get dropped off at the entrance to the elevator and stuff and we go to this place called Andiamo, very Italian looking and very fancy and very expensive.

I don’t belong here.

My head is pounding; I think I’m close to having a panic attack.

We head up to the elevator and it’s crowded and I keep getting someone between me and Alex and I feel my stomach left behind on the ground floor. From there it’s us getting our coats checked and then escorted to the table, the host for the front of the restaurant escorts us there and the men seat us I smile a trembly little smile at Alex….it’s not Alex who pulled out my chair…it’s his father.

He’s staring at me and I’m not sure just how I haven’t tossed my cookies yet and he seats me and leans over and whispers into my ear.

“I know it, you know it.” That’s all he says and he backs off.

But that’s all that he really has to say isn’t it.

The menus arrive and their in Italian with what they are in English but again as the others are ordering I’m out of the loop. I can say it and stuff but not that way it just seems to roll off the tongue with them here. I know that I’m going to sound foolish if I even try.

“Alex…can you order for me? I…I…I don’t know what’s good and what isn’t.”

Alex looks at me and he smiles and says. “Sure thing Hunter.” He leans over closer to me and he’s explaining or trying to explain what a lot of the stuff is and I feel stupid. He’s trying to keep me close and sort of shield me from them and stuff but they’re just sort of steamrolling the conversation and stuff.

It’s all adding up…My head’s killing me and I’ve never really been in any kind of place like this except when April took me out today. I’ve been to a lot of hole in the wall places and dives but rarely in a descent place where the public could see us.

I blanche at the prices of the food, just little plates of stuff is like twenty, twenty five dollars and Adam looks at me every time I say “Okay I’ll try that” is like I’m stealing from him. I’m getting a small salad and soup, then a risotto?, the lamb chops as the courses and they’re small things but I figure just me’s going to cost between eighty and ninety dollars without drinks, desserts or a tip.

I’m terrible with all the stuff. The waiter does that snap napkin thin and that makes me jump and I keep using the wrong cutlery and stuff and even holding things wrong and I drop one of the things from my salad onto my dress and I can’t help but just about burst into tears.

One of the women zips out something in Italian and Adam laughs. I’m looking at her and she’s staring at me like I’m a bug. The she says. “Alex’s tastes has changed much, you’re very….cute…in that sort of pretty woman kind of way.”

I blush some more and I feel the trickle of blood starting down my nose. “Excuse me, I get up and leave the table trying not to run, and trying to find the bathroom.”

I hear her say again as I’m leaving. “It’s a pity she’s not actually like Julia Roberts, but she has the….meretrice…down pat, doesn’t she?”

I run into the bathroom once I find it and try to find the nearest stall.

up
199 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

that was fast

great to see a new chapter so fast, I hope you don't leave us hanging on the rest of this.
I take back part of my comment on the last chapter, Adam is right up at least 99% asshole.
I hope Alex can handle the situation because its obvious Hunter is floundering.
looking forward to the next chapter to see what happens.
thanks

Hey Lonewolf, I promise I won't leave you hanging:)

I'm glad that you're getting the feelings for the story and the characters that I'm trying to put across. I'm so glad that you got to read and enjoy this. I'd comment more but I don't want to toss up a spoiler.
*Hugs and Howls*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

My blood was boiling from

My blood was boiling from the snide behavious of the others, Hunters right it's just like Airien supremacy only it a bunch of snobs instead, Hunter needs to remember 3 things 1 Alex loves her, 2 she survives supremacy shit once she can do it again, 3 Alex loves her ( yeah I know 1 and 3 are repeated but realistically it's all that matters) I hope April will take pity on her and give her a boost.

As for Adam, I so wanna smack him upside the head and tell him to take his head out of his own ass. Wow who knew I could be so violent 'oh my'.

I wouldn't be surprised it Alex doesn't end up telling the 'ladies' (snorts) exactly what he thinks of them. I doubt Adam will enjoy it.

More as always I crave more.

Thanks for sharing, Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Thank you Lizzie!

I really like the passion you're showing for the story so far:) I'm really going to try and do the interest in this story justice and I'll try to make it as entertaining as possible. I almost want to see what you'd say to Adam if you ever caught him alone.

More will be coming:)
Thanks for reading and the amazing comment.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Probably something along the

Probably something along the lines of:

Wake up you selfish, egotistical control freak, cant you see you lost a wife to your idiotic need to control people, while your busy enjoying your power trip you're losing your son, do you really think he will ever respect someone who has nothing but a self inflated ego wads of cash and a lifesyle full of fake people who have as much personality as the asses they kiss.

You and your twisted social circle are exactly the same as the step-shits airien friends, anyone outside their ideals and isn't rich or has no connections is seen as dirt to be stepped on to make you feel better about yourselves, cause deep down you know you've nothing but money to show for your entire existance.

You're right I don't belong here, mainly because I'm happy to work for what I get and prefer to deal with real people who arn't full of shit kissing my ass and pretending to like me cause it'll get them something.

Why don't you pull that stick out your ass and get a personallity transplant, the only reason you'll never have a relationship with your son is your own ingorance to what really important.

Hehe maybe I need some anger management lol

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Woooooo! Go Lizzie, Go Lizzie, Go Lizzie!

Daaaaaaaaaamn Girl! i want you at my six in a firefight! you, Lisa and me kicking ass and taking names!
Love and hugs, from another of Bailey's Angels!
Diana!

Sweet Dreams

Great to see another chapter, and I hope you don't keep us hanging too long for the rest of the evening...

But I have to say, I'm really disappointed in Alex. He knows, or should know, just how out of her comfort zone Hunter is at this sort of outing, especially with these snooty high-price, upper-class bimbos with no class.

So even though I know Alex loves Hunter, he should have known to stick to her side like a magnet and not let these... "ladies" distract and separate them so they can make Hunter feel like dirt on their shoe.

And if I were Alex and heard some bitch say my girlfriend "has the prostitute down pat" (especially knowing Hunter's mother was one), I'd look her in the fucking eye and say, "Leave. I've never hit a lady, but a lady wouldn't have made that comment. Leave now." Repercussions with Adam be damned.

But he probably didn't hear because they had him distracted again. I'm disappointed in you, Alex. You know how uncomfortable she'd be. You know your father would be using this night to hurt Hunter and chase her away.

I can't wait until Hunter rallies after her bathroom freakout/cleanup and the tough girl we saw earlier comes out to let her make it through this night and stick it to Adam's smirking face. I'll also be pleasantly surprised if Alex DID hear the prostitute comment and blasted Adam's guests for their churlish behavior to his date, while she was in the bathroom. But I'd settle for him realizing how the "guests" are keeping him distracted from seeing their attempts to demoralize and hurt Hunter, and standing up to them and supporting his girlfriend next chapter, even shaming them into apologizing to Hunter.

Of course, it's the low moments like this that let the protagonist come back stronger. If she can put aside the hurt kid version of Hunter with no self-esteem or confidence, and become the tough survivor Hunter, she'll have THEM for dinner, even without Alex's help.

Hey, for all we know, these "clients" are actors Adam hired just to pose as that, and embarass and hurt Hunter.

We'll see...

Ow... my heart.

*hugs and stuff*
your bud, Lisa

Alex isn't built for female confrontation.

With the stuff with his Mom but even with the stuff with Jen he tends to the keep walking away. Then they kept him busy with the questions and small talk in the limo but he's seeing what's going on.
But enough spoilers.
*Grins*
I Sooooooooo Loved your comment.
I Love what's dancing around in my head right now.
*Great Big Hugs*
Thanks Lisa, you're an awesome friend.
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Alex and female confrontation

True, and I can see why Alex is like that, but he's never had anyone like Hunter to stand up for and defend, before.

But I'm glad he saw what was going on, even if he didn't know (yet) what to do about it. When Hunter gets her second wind and returns from the bathroom, he can back whatever play she makes. *wink*

What? Someone's dancing in your head? It's Jonelle, I hope... *grin*

Can't wait for the next part...

*Big Great Hugs*

I have to agree with Liz

I wanted to rip off Adam's head and feed it to those bimbos. If Adam thinks that this will make Alex fall into line... then Adam is a grade a moron as well as a complete asshole... this won't make April much of a fan either.
I think that Adam better pull his head out of his ass or he really will lose everything that is important, and that isn't money.
I pray Alex goes and rescues Hunter.
I pray April kicks Adam's ass.
I pray for Hunter.
Thank you Bailey,
Hugs,
Diana

Beware the wrath of the Moongoddess:)

I loved this comment Diana, honestly I really would fear for Adam if he was caught in a dark alley right now with you and Lizzie and Lisa:)
This is the stuff I love to write for.
Not to worry, I won't leave you hanging:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Thanks for the comments and the prayers.
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Bailey's Angels

Hmmm, maybe the three of us should start a Tgirl vigilante group. *grin*

Maybe we can call our trio Bailey's Angels. Bailey gives us our missions over the speakerphone.

I wonder if we could do something for superpowers...

Anyway, if Adam keeps up his shenanigans, Hunter won't need any help to kick his ass, though. If she gets pissed enough, I could see the years of abuse coming out as a terrible rage.

That's what she needs right now. To get a little angry. Not enough to lose control in a terrible rage, but enough to stand up for herself, gain some confidence, see herself as a tough survivor, able to use all of her intelligence and skills to make life better and help others (not just Alex).

Angel Lisa

Ebil >.<

Ohhhh, when Hunter comes back and shows those classless tramps how a real woman behaves, it's going to seriously make a point that money can't buy everything, manners not being an exception!

Whether Adam is a snake or a worm, he's still crawlin' in the mud on his belly. I just know that Alex and Hunters' love is going to pave the high ground for them to rise above the hubris surrounding them.

A very emotionally charged chapter, hon. Looking forward to finding out how Hunter and Alex handle such a blatant attempt to divide and conquer them.

~Ginormous Hugs n Stuff~
Jen =]

Thanks Lynx!

I can't say how much comments like these mean really. I love them and I'm all charged up to get into the next part of this story. I'd write more but I gotta go to work!
LOL!
*Big Hugs Jen*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Can I shoot that woman!!!! Please!!!

Pamreed's picture

Poor Hunter swimming with the sharks!! I hope April notices and
comes to her rescue!! So much progress being lost!! I know
the feeling, like who do I think I am kidding!! But thankfully
I got over that and still kept on progressing!! Till this
beautiful butterfly emerged and flew off to begin her new life!!

Hugs,
Pamela

LOL Oh thank you so much Pamela!!!

Getting these comments really helps me look back and fall back into love with the story and makes me want to write more for this story and keep up the feelings that's there.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Where's the 2x4?

Jamie Lee's picture

Why is it people find the need to cut others down at every possible moment. Those who were talking Italian were being extremely rude to those who didn't know a word of Italian.

Adam was being rude when he lit up after Hunter and April were in the limo. And again when he seated Hunter. He is going out of his way to try and force Hunter to leave Alex so Jen can take what he considers her rightful place with Alex.

Adam still doesn't get it, Alex's future is not his to control. Alex's future is his to control and if Adam continues to try and force his plans on Alex he's going to be going to his son's funeral.

But a more pressing question deals with Hunter's headaches and nose bleeds. That last beating may have caused more damage that first thought. Somehow, Alex needs to get her to a doctor for an exam before whatever is happening gets worse.

Others have feelings too.