The Hero Part 8

Printer-friendly version


The Hero

by

Jacquimac

Part Eight


Gerry had picked James up from school and was taking him home, they hit quiet stretch of the road and were rammed by a 4 x 4 once the two vehicles came to halt four masked men jumped out brandishing pistols, they tried opening the doors but the impact had damaged them so badly they wouldn`t open no matter how hard they tried.

Gerry was unconscious after hitting his head, but James although shaken was very much awake. thankfully Gerry had ensured the seatbelt was securely fastened, James unfastened the seat belt and reached across for the fire extinguisher, while he was doing this one of the men kicked out the remains of the windscreen and was attempting to get into the vehicle James fired the fire extinguisher into his face and blinded him the other started shooting but their shots didn`t find James although Gerry was hit twice, James somehow managed to reach the horn and pressed down on it with all might.

As luck would have it someone had seen what was happening and called the police, it wasn`t long before sirens could be heard converging on the scene and three of the men took flight leaving their injured colleague behind. Once the men had left James looked to Gerry and seeing the blood bubbling from his chest grabbed a plastic bag which he fastened over the area with a couple of bandages he managed to find.

It wasn`t long before a police car pulled up along side the ambulance and the constable seeing the mess radiod in for fire and medical emergency vehicles to sent ASAP. He cautiously approached the man writhing on the ground and seeing the gun kicked it under the ambulance, he handcuffed the man to the 4 x 4 and went to the ambulance to render what assistance he could assuming that the occupants were still alive. When he saw Gerry and James he quickly looked over the wrecks, as luck had it the fuel tanks didn`t seem to be damaged and there was no sign of fire. He climbed onto the Bumper of the ambulance and had a good look inside the vehicle, he saw that Gerry was badly injured but James he wasn`t sure about, the boy was covered with blood.

James told the constable what had happened and what he had done, he also assured the constable that he wasn`t injured except for being thrown against the seatbelt. He explained what treatment he had given Gerry and then himself passed out. The fire recue vehicle turned up along with another ambulance it didn`t take them long to cut Gerry and James out of their wrecked ambulance and hand them over to the paramedics who after checking the pair rushed them to Hospital.

James came round a few hours later and found himself back in the ward he had previously occupied, at first he didn`t know why he back there then it came flooding back,his mother was asleep in a chair at the side of bed and woke up hearing him move in the bed.

James first thoughts were for Gerry

" Is Gerry okay" the worried boy asked

"He`s out danger but in a critical condition" Elizabeth replied

At that moment Dr Graves entered the room and seeing the boy awake smiled.

"How`s Gerry " James asked

"He`ll live thanks to you" replied the Doctor " And before you ask why your back here, you have a couple broken ribs". he continued

The doctor asked James how he knew what to do and James told him he had read a book on first aid.

"When I saw the blood coming out of his chest it was the first thing that came into my head " said James

"Well lucky for Gerry you read that book, although it`s going to be sometime before he`s up and around" replied the Doctor.

They chatted for a while and after checking James over he decided that they would keep him in for a while till his ribs started to heal.

After Dr Graves left Elizabeth looked at her son and shook her head, he`ll turn into a book one day she thought smiling to herself knowing that James read anything he could get his hands on.

"The police will be seeing you in the morning for another statement, and there will be a policeman with you all the time from now till the trial is over" Elizabeth told him

"What for" James asked

" Those men were out either take you as an exchange hostage or kill you to stop you from giving evidence. Oh and the three that ran have been caught" said Elizabeth

"Hows the one I sprayed with the fire extinguisher" asked James

"Alive and Blind " Answered Elizabeth

Elizabeth looked at her watch as a nurse entered, James was given an injection that sent him to sleep and Elizabeth went home to find a Police car stationed outside the house.

It didn`t take long before the incident was known to every adult in the community and the part James had played, once again he was the hero of hour and everyone was proud of little James.

The police arrived the next morning and a statement was taken,the Chief Inspector personally visited James along with the Senior Ambulance Officer, the thanked James for what he had done and told him he might get an award for his bravery. James wasn`t one for being in the Limelight, nobody had ever bothered about him before except his mum, he had virtually no friends in the area or at school and was the usual target for the school bullies, adults just ignored him so he was now asking himself what had changed ?, he was still Little James although his body wasn`t as good as it was.

Dr Wells had gone back to his hospital and hearing that James once again had been injured cancelled everything and was soon back in the local hospital talking to Dr Graves. Before Dr Wells arrived it had been decided that James would have another scan to see if anything had changed after the latest incident, the scan was booked for the next day.

Rodger Price paid a visit to James and the two of chatted for a while, he also took a statement from James. Rodger was getting quite attached to this small boy with the heart of lion, and hearing what James said about his life before the first incident couldn`t believe what he was hearing. Here was a child 9 yrs of age who was willing to help anyone, never asking for payment or praise and he had been bullied and ignored by most people. If he had his way people would start apologising to this child and he was going to find out more about why James had been treated so badly.

up
145 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Hero Part 8

But will James stay James, or become Jamie?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Patience Stan :)

Enjoy the story. [Know you do. :) ]

Hugs, Fran

Hugs, Fran

James is a true example of

James is a true example of the saying "good things come in small packages".

WOW!!!!!!

Hi everyone Like being a sexy Crossdressing Male to Female & love all of ur Crossdressing stories.I'm So Proud of James.If I was the Queen,I'd Knight Little James.He has Honor & A Heart of GOLD!!!He doesn't ask for anything or anything one.That is what a hero is.A Hero is a person of any age who is willing to putvhis or her life on the line for other's.If I was James I wood have done the samething.