My Child

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

TG Themes: 

Permission: 


Mo Leanbh, Mo Chroi


The two held hands; almost awkward for him and quite natural for her. She leaned close to the edge and pointed down at the scene below. They stood astride time, in a way. They saw the girl's birth; not recognized for the gem she was in some ways, but held and treasured by one that almost made up for the lack. The rough but kind man held the child, agreeing with what some would finally see; so short a time for him.

Pain and sorrow led to leaving; home so far away but ones who loved her; maybe even before they even met. And the young man...the one who saw her...maybe the first besides the girl who stood across from her in the mirror. He would stand and sit and lean and hold and comfort and protect. No one else could possibly be like him. Gone too soon. And the dear woman who left her own behind as well; both of them who loved the girl and loved each other; parted too soon, but a love so special as to elude the bonds of mortality.

But now another who stands with her; seeing her and holding her in his heart even before they met. And loving her....with his own kin and kith....little ones who with their Da seeing her perhaps as her creator had envisioned; complete and wholly blessed and a blessing!

Today is the anniversary of the passing of her dear ones, and she will be spending time with family remembering their lives. But like we all might come to see, life does go on; sometimes in ways wondrous to behold. She's moved on to a new and wonderful life, of which I have been thrilled to be included in a small way. Not a fable or a fairy tale; no magic here but for the magic of the love of a good man for a good woman. Twice in a lifetime? As ever was!

For Dylan, Concobhar, and Eammon,
Caoimhin and Celleigh

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thank you 'Drea,

ALISON

'not a fable or a fairytale,just the reality of another life for our beloved girl.So sweet,so lovely!
As is our Kelly.

ALISON

simply beautiful

what more can I possibly say?

Dorothycolleen

DogSig.png

Hart strings

Andrea ,you keep pulling at my hart strings ,Thank you. :)

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

I uhm, you have said it all, Drea. Thanks for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Oh My

Thank you tante Andrea! wondrous and beautiful...
Diana

Fine sentiments and Fair Favours...

I embrace this second chance for myself and for those who cannot. May they take pleasure and good graces in knowing that my heart is with them...and always with you dear Drea.

Always your Brat...

Celleigh Ap Lake Ni Fhearghaill