The Hero Part 10

Printer-friendly version


The Hero

by

Jacquimac

Part Ten

The PI company that was hired was called Moriarty Investigations, all their operatives had worked for various government Intelligence agencies over the years and they had equipment equal to and some times even better than government agents.

The Head of company was told what was required and a contract was drawn up and signed, the Moriarty company also provided top level undercover security so would also ensure the safety of James and his mother 24/7 until the case was dealt with.

James had only been going to school for a couple of hours of a day until he got used to his physical limitations, now he would be doing the same hours as the other children. On his first day back he was met by a delegation of teachers and older pupils and escorted to take part in the morning assembly.

As they entered the assembly hall he was wheeled down to the front, as they passed each row of students rose and started to applaud, they reached the front and james still in his wheelchair was carefully lifted on to the stage, the applause was thunderous by now. The headteacher held up his arms and the room became silent and each student sat down again.

"Well James you can see from the welcome you have recieved from your Peers their all glad to see your return," He called several of the older students to the stage and continued "James the school is very proud of you for what you have done, you have saved several lives and in doing so have been severely injured yourself, these boys and girls will be your escorts round the school and will keep any physical problems to a minimum " He looked at the assembled school and stated "If any harm comes to James in anyway or form the culprits will be severely dealt with,you have warned"

The rest of the assembly went quickly and soon everyone was in class, James was feeling uncomfortable with all the attention and concentrated on his lessons, he knew he had some catching up to do and worked harder. at break he didn`t go outside with everyone else, one or two of his escort stayed in the classroom with him and chatted with him. Lunch time and in the school canteen he was wheeled to a table and his lunch brought for him, the students all ate in silence until the last of dishes were taken away. quite a number of the students left leaving only those he`d had problems within the past.

" WHAT? " He shouted

He was met with silence and several students turned away from him, he started to wheel himself out of the canteen and was stopped,the duty teachers ran to fetch the help, she didn`t know what was going to happen but didn`t like the look the things were going, the canteen ladies had dropped the shutters and were ignorant of what going on in the canteen.

One student stood up an said "We know we can`t do anything to you but remember your still the weirdo freak and wearing a dress proves it even more, you might be the big hero in town but to us your still the "Freak" " then they all left.

James was sitting alone in the canteen when all the teachers came running in to see what was going on, the headmaster asked James what had happened but he said nothing and wheeled himself out of the canteen back to the classroom. His two escorts told the headmaster what had happened and named the children involved, teachers were sent to bring them to the headmasters office.

The only fortunate thing was that the antagonists didn`t live over this side of the town, they were still within the schools catchment area, but lived in a rough part of town. This was an area the police were continually having problems with since of the parents were ex cons, in jail or on probation for various crimes, they considered their area the tough part of town.

It was difficult to suspend students these days because of the goverments interference policy, the idiot do-gooders got rid of corporal punishment in school and children were actually fighting with the teachers and they couldn`t do much about it. The government with their idiot policies protected the criminal not the victims and even if an offender ended up in court the sentences handed out were very lenient.

The headmaster read the riot act to the offenders knowing full well that he couldn`t really do much but he had to try, as much as he hated to loose a pupil like James he would suggest moving him to another school when he met the education board on Wednesday.

The rest of week passed too slowly for James, he was the target of a constant barrage of verbal abuse, at one point the decent kids ganged up on the bad element and threatened them if they didn`t back off, they did but everyone knew it wouldn`t last long.

By The following Monday protection and surveilance was in place and a team acting as a company doing a survey started going round town asking people their opinion of the town and the people living there. It would take some time to get all the results sorted and an idea of what was wrong in the area.

There was a campsite not far away and a couple of pairs posed as campers and wandered about the area watching and listening, yes Moriarty Investigation was using evry possible technique to get information even using wire taps,hidden cameras etc.

On the Friday James was back for his tests and examinations by the doctors the anomaly was starting to show on the scans but didn`t seem to be getting any worse or bigger, which the doctors thought was a good sign.

So far all requests for information on similar anomalies had drawn a blank, the medical; fraternity was getting very interested in James`s problem and asked that copies of all test and examination be sent to them for independant valuation. Elizabeth was informed and told them that no way was James going to be a guinea pig for the medical community.

Rodger started to spend a lot of time with Elizabeth and James and said he was going to rent a flat in area as he didn`t know how long the case was going to take, the court case was due to in a few weeks and the date had now been changed to the following spring so that the prosecution could make sure they iron clad case.

Elizabeth told Rodger that they had a spare room and it would be foolish spending money to rent a place when he was spending so much time with them, she offered him the use of the room and told him to think about it. It didn`t take Rodger long to think about it and accepted the offer on condition that he paid his way and contibute to the costs of running the house while he was there, Elizabeth agreed.

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Hero Part 10

Those bullies are cowards for what they did.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine