The Hero Part 13

Printer-friendly version


The Hero

by

Jacquimac

Part Thirteen

The Ambassador had arranged suitable clothing for James so as not to cause the child any undue harm, late in the afternoon a team of dressers, and beauty consultants descended on them to get them ready. The adults were taken away to get ready as was Annabel, leaving James alone with a a rather suave looking gentleman who took James to his room.

" Well young man lets get you ready to meet the Ambassadors guests shall we " he said

"Ok" said James shyly

"Oh don`t worry I know all your injuries and how you got them, the outfit I have selected has been specially made for you and I`m sure you`ll be comfortable wearing it" replied the man

James was bathed, and was dressed by two young women that had been sent for, his outfit was almost 100% boy, a suit, collar and bow tie, the only difference was an ankle length shirt which matched the jacket, his shoes were Brogues and he wore black socks. When James saw himself in the mirror when he was ready he was pleasantly surprised. The man explained that the skirt was made in some ways like a kilt but was ankle length to hide is injuries.

Half an hour before their car arrived they all met downstairs in the lounge and everyone commented on how smart James looked, saying he looked like a real gentleman. James sat up straighter in his wheelchair proud as Peacock with how he looked.

The car arrived and took them to the Embassy on Rue du Faubourg in Paris itself,they were met by the Ambassador who introduced them to their dinner companions for the evening.The party had expected everyone to be diplomats instead they were dining Rock Stars, a couple of famous Actors and actresses, comedienes and authors, oh there were a couple of Ambassadors btu they were there" just to make the up" James was told.
Everyone James was introduced to admired his suit and commented how smart he looked and James was feeling more and more at ease with the passing minutes. The Butler entered the room and announced " Ladies and Gentlemen Dinner is served" and with this everyone went and took their seats. The small party was spread around the long table with James sitting with the Ambassador and his wife at the Top of Table.
The dinner itself went quite well and afterward the all retired to a sitting room on one of the upper floors. Ambassador asked for silence and the room went quiet,he walked over to James and pushed his wheelchair into the centre of the room next to chair that had been placed there by one of Embassy staff.
After sitting down himself the Ambassador looked round the room then at James.
"Well Ladies and Gentleman tonight we have eaten well and had some very pleasant company instead of the stuffy Diplomatic crowd I usually entertain, But I digress. Tonight I invited you all to meet someone who isn`t wealthy, a big Star or in big business, no I wanted you all to meet a real down to earth person, someone who gives a lot but never askes for anything in return, someone who is kind, generous to a fault and who would give his life freely for others. A while back you most probably heard of the terrorist acts that were committed against the British people, and in some of them there were fatalities sad to say. Well the news media told of a child that that saved quite a few lives and that child was almost killed, the child was severely injured and spent a long time in hospital. What the papers didn`t tell everyone was that child not long out of hospital saved another live at great risk to himself and helped in the capture of some of the terrorists, the person who that child saved is with us tonight and told me earlier that if it hadn`t been for the prompt action of his charge he would have died."
The Ambassador paused looked around the room and seeing that still had everyones attention continued

"That childs name was witheld in order to protect the family, but tonight I`m at liberty to introduce to you that Heroic Child" and standing up "I present the Hero of the Hour, James Mckenzie."
Everyone stood up and applauded, Elizabeth came over with Rodger and stood behind James placing their hands on his shoulders, James was taken aback, all these people were famous and the applauding him. Gerry came across " James don`t be so surprised all these people are here to honour you for your courage and self sacrifice, these are the Rock Stars, Actors and Authors that you like and always wanted to meet" he said

The Ambassador was interrupted by one of the Embassy security men who whispered something in his ear," Attention everybody Please, we have another guest one I unfortunately didn`t know about"

All eyes looked towards the door and they were opened for the Princess Royal to attend, straight away everyone Bowed or Curtsied.
The Princess Royal told everyone to relax and walked over to were James was sat, James was dumbfounded fo course he knew who the Princess Royal was, who didn`t?"
Hemade an apology for not bowing which was brushed aside .
" So this is our little hero" she said smiling
The occupants of the room broke up into little groups leaving James little group alone with the Princess Royal, they moved to a table in the corner of the room were they chatted away, although they all felt out of place with such company. The two children eventually starting to fall asleep and were carried to the awaiting car and the group returned to the country house.

It was almost lunchtime when James woke up and after getting ready rang to be taken down stairs and was surprised to see the Princess talking to his mother. The two women on seeing him enter the room made room so he could place his wheelchair between them.

" I`ve been talking to your mother and told her that you will be soon getting a letter to invite you to the Palace, the Queen wants to meet you in person. Plans have been made for your education and care and instruction have been given that you will not be attending the Trial, instead you will be given a copy of your statement to check and it will be used as evidence. Your mother and I must agree with her feels that the court appearance will be too much for you and the public outside your local community as yet don`t know your identity, we will keep it that way until you meet the Queen." stated the Princess
She looked at her watch and said she had to leave to get back to the UK, she wished them a good holiday and said goodbye.
In the afternoon a large van showed up, a some men jumped out and opened the back of it, they lifted out a new electric wheelchair and placed James into it, one of the men showed James how the controls worked and for the next hour the two of them went in and out of hoouse , various rooms and in general ensured that James could control the chair by himself. As they were finishing The Ambassador arrived accompanied with another older gentleman who he introduced as Mr Montgomery.

up
109 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Hero Part 13

I am worried about any further actions against him.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Keep going on this please?

This story is unique in my experience and I am enjoying it quite a lot, thank you. I hope this little person once again achieves full mobility, but the fact is that sometimes we don't. He seems to have great strength of character, even at his young age.

Much peace

Gwendolyn

This story is very quaint Jacquimac.

I think it's great also!
LoL
Rita

I'm a dyslexic agnostic insomniac.

'Someone who lies awake at night wondering if there's a dog.'

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

I am uninformed about the UK Royals

I did not know who the Princess Royal was. I thought it might be the Queen's sister; I thought she had a sister, but I don't know if that sister is still alive.

The Princess Royal is Anne, The Queen's daughter and Charles', Prince of Wales, sister.

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Ready for work, 1992. Renee_3.jpg

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Not Fair

You should have warned us we needed to have tissues handy for this chapter. Hopefully, James will start to understand what an exceptional person he is.

I look forward to James meeting his Grandfather.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru