The Hero Part 15

Printer-friendly version


The Hero

by

Jacquimac

Part Fifteen


They had two weeks to get prepared for the visit to Buckingham Palace and the meeting with the Queen, James was still being tested at regular intervals and at the moment everything seemed to fine. Elizabeth had notified the school that James would not be attending school for three days of the week in question this would give them one day either side of the visit for travelling.

Rodger was still living with Elizabeth and James and the two adults were becoming attracted to each other and were spending more and more time together and it hadn`t gone unoticed by either James or Brian who were also spending a lot of time together. Elizabeth had now quit her job as she needed to spend more time with James especially with for them the social event of their lives.

They had only been back from Paris three days when they were notified that the new house was ready for them to move into and it was already furnished. They started packing but weren`t going to move until half term started which was about two weeks after the Palace visit, the house they were living in at the moment was going to be put up sale, so all they needed to pack was non essentials.

James and Annabel were back at school and things carried on as before, James ignoring the snide and abusive remarks and almost everyone ignoring him, he carried on with his lessons and usually ended up with Annabel when it came to class projects and such. It had already been decided that after the school break he would be attending another school, but Elizabeth hadn`t found a school prepared to take somebody in a wheelchair as yet.

Brian suggested a private school in if all else failed private tutors for James so they started looking at the three private schools in the area.James was disappointed that Annabel wouldn`t be at his new school, for the first time in his live he had actually found a real friend that didn`t mind what he wore, Annabel was also a very intelligent and her mother like Elizabeth was annoyed that the school system didn`t cater for children like these two.

Brian came up with a further suggestion, Milly and Annabel lived alone as the father had run off soon after Annabel was born. Why didn`t they move in with Elizabeth and James and he would pay the school fees for both children. To Milly it sounded like charity and she started to get on her high horse over the suggestion.

"Hang on Milly, we all know that the children are wasted going to a government run school, also we would need dynamite to separate them two, money is no object and it`s not charity, call it a helping hand. Those two need other, what is going to happen to James in the future we don`t know, you know the problems he has with the other kids and now with his injuries it`s harder for him" said Elizabeth

"Well Ok, but let think on it for a day or two" said Milly

The children didn`t know that their were going to change or what had been offered to Milly, life continued to roll on for them, as they countered problems as they arose, oh they had their disagreements like many children do but they soon got past them and continued with their lives.

The days leading up to the Palace visit were busy for Elizabeth, Rodger had gone to see his partner about disolving the partnership. Elizabeth didn`t know it but Rodger was about propose to her.

When Rodger and his partner met up they agreed to close the business, Rodgers partner had a buyer for his half of the partnership and was getting ready to emigrate,So the two split on good terms, with the buyer buying them both out.

The weekend before their visit to the Capital James was taken to get his hair sorted out, and a new outfit, they tried shop after shop to get something decent and weren`t having much luck, Trousers were still unsuitable as James legs itched when they were encased in close fitting material, Elizabeth and James eventually realised that something like he wore at the Ambassadors dinner would have to be found, they had tried kilts but the wool like material was too heavy and course for his sensitive skin.

Elizabeth took James to a high class dress shop and after showing the manager the invitation and explaining about James injuries ankle length skirts of all styles were produced. James had gotten being embarressed about having to wear skirts but insisted they must be plain, no fancy designs or patterns, it took a couple of hours but they eventually found a couple that suited everybodys tastes.

On the way home Elizabeth looked at James who was lost in thought, she started thinking that it might be easier for James if he started to dress as a girl form the skin out, he was already wearing panties and realised it, he wore slips when in long skirts to prevent the material rubbing and looking at him he would make a very pretty girl. She decided to have a talk with Rodger and Brian when they returned the next day and see what they thought. If James went to an all boys school he would be ridiculed for having to wear skirts. If he went to mixed school the boys would make his live hell, but at an all girls school it would more than likely be a lot easier for James and Annabel.

Yes Elizabeth had a lot to think about and as Milly and Annabel were staying over she would talke to Milly after the children were asleep and get her thoughts, she would also have to have a serious talk with James before any final decisions, but she wanted to do what was best for James and private tutors would in all likely protect him but stop any socialising with other children his own age.

up
111 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Hero Part 15

Wonder how much James will like being Jamie? Or will he want to stay as James?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Thank you,Jacqui,

ALISON

I will read the next posting and find out everything,I guess,a good story and interesting.

ALISON