Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 10.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 10 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

    Lexi was just slipping on a swim suit after spending another wonderful night sleeping with Sarah when she heard Sarah speak to her. “I hope you weren’t thinking of sneaking off for a swim without me Lexi?” She asked with a pout.

     “I wouldn’t call it sneaking off Saz. I was just getting an early start on my morning workout.” Lexi said as she walked back over to the bed and leaned over to give Sarah a good morning kiss. “I’ll wait for you if you’re that eager to come swimming with me?” She asked with a grin.

     “I’m that eager to do everything with you.” Sarah said as she slid out of bed with some help form Lexi, so she could go and grab a swim suit and join her for a swim. “Will you be calling on Alice and Lana to see if they want to join us?” Sarah asked.

     “I was thinking of giving them the day off today, so we can spend some time alone.” Lexi said with a grin and she walked over and wrapped her arms around Sarah and started kissing her.

     “I like the sound of that.” Sarah purred.

    Lexi helped Sarah put on a bathrobe like she was now wearing and they made their way down to the pool for a swim. Sarah kept up with Lexi for as long as she could, but had to slow down to a more normal pace in the end while she watched Lexi do length after length.

    Sara was sat on the edge of the pool when Lexi finally stopped and swam over to where she was sat watching her. “I’m sorry if I’ve left you feeling lonely Saz, I kind of zoned out there for a bit.” Lexi said as she jumped up out the pool to sit next to her on the edge.

     “Is all this hard for you to then Lexi?” Sara asked as she looked around the large room and then down at herself.

     “No, I love to swim lengths.” Lexi said, not understanding what Sarah was getting at.

     “I don’t mean the swimming silly.” Sarah giggled. “I can see you like that. I mean having me and Alice knowing who you really are?” She asked.

     “I wouldn’t call it hard, but it does feel very different being able to just move around the complex without worrying if Alice will be hiding around the next bend.” Lexi frowned. “I never realised how lonely it was not to have a life until now.” She added with a smile.

     “No regrets then about coming clean with Alice and then letting me in on the big secret?” Sarah asked as she rested her head on Lexi’s shoulder.

     “No regrets Saz, but some worries about dragging you into this life Alice and I live.” Lexi said as she wrapped an arm around Sarah to pull her closer.

     “You saw how I was living Lexi, could you call that a life?” Sarah asked with a giggle. “If I died this minute, I’d die happy knowing that I got to spend time with you again.” Sarah sighed.

     “I can’t say I’d be happy, but I know what you mean.” Lexi said. “I’m just sorry I never looked you up earlier, or Lana and the old man had told me the trouble you were having.” She added with anger in her voice.

     “I coped alright for the most part.” Sarah said not sounding to bothered about her past seven years. “Something always happened to stop me going hungry, or being kicked out on the street. It was like I had some sort of guardian angel looking over...” Was all Sarah said before she realised that in a way she had. Bob must have been helping to keep her going in whatever little way he could find.

     “Bob and Lana must have been helping you out.” Lexi said, reading Sarah’s mind. “Bob acts all tough, but he’ a great guy.” Lexi added.

     “What about Lana? She’s pretty great too.” Sarah pointed out.

     “Yes she is, and she’s done wonders with Alice.”

     “I hear she’s done her fair share of times helping you out as well.” Sarah said with a grin as she sat up and looked at Lexi suspiciously.

     “I take that look to mean that Lana told you about my breakdowns after those missions with the men and the sex?” Lexi said looking troubled.

     “Yes she did, I got a pretty good telling off from her over how I reacted to the information.” Sarah said looking a little sad about what she did. “She reminded me of how a loving big sister would be if someone upset her baby sister.” Sarah added with a nervous giggle as she tried to make the mood a little lighter.

     “She can be a lot like that at times, but it’s kind of like a family unit most the time. Probably even more so now that Alice is in on whom her guardian is, and I have you back in my life.” Lexi said the last bit with a grin.

     “I’m glad she was there to help you Lexi. I’m glad you had someone to help you get through your rough patch.” Sarah said with a distant sound to her voice, like she knew the trouble she’d had from experience. “It must have felt like being raped? Feeling dirty inside and out, like you will never be clean again.” Sarah went on to say with the same faraway look.

    Before Lexi had time to ask any more questions though Alice and Lana burst into the room giggling as Lana chased Alice over to the pool before Lana pushed Alice in and then jumped in after her. Sarah started giggling just before she slid back into the water to give the two new comers a good morning hug.

    Lexi had a feeling that Sarah had been raped, and she planned to find out what happened, and see if anyone was ever charged for it. If not, then she would sort out her own justice. Lexi snapped out of her mood and slid into the pool to also give Alice and Lana a good morning hug.

    Sarah and Lexi swam some more lengths to keep Alice and Lana company, and then they all went back to their rooms to take a shower before sorting out some breakfast of fruit and yogurt. Once they had all eaten, they went to see Bill and Ted, so they could clear some room at a couple of the computers for Lana to start and show Sarah the ropes. Alice and Lexi went to see Bob about the upcoming mission they would be starting on Monday.

     “You got time to go over the mission briefing old man?” Lexi asked as she pocked her head in Bob’s office.

     “Yep, I’ve just had the latest Intel through, is Alice with you?” Bob asked as he waved Lexi into the room.

     “Yes she’s right here.” Lexi said as she entered the room with Alice right behind her.

     “I hear that you’re using the name Lexi now as well?” Bob asked.

     “Yes I am. Sarah called me it, and I really like it.” Lexi smiled. Something Bob wasn’t use to seeing too much of, but he liked the new look.

     “Is it okay for me to start calling you Lexi then?” Bob asked.

     “Please do Bob.” Lexi smiled some more. “So what’s the mission then?” Lexi asked.

     “Pretty much just a babysitting job, so I was thinking of letting you carry it out while Alice goes with Sarah to look around her new College, and help her settle in on her first day.” Bob said.

    Lexi wanted to ask if Alice could cover it then, while she went with Sarah on her first day, but Lexi already knew that Babysitting was her domain.

     “Who will I be babysitting?” Lexi asked as she held out her hand to take the computer pad off Bob and check through the info they had on the subject to be protected.

     “We’ve heard some rumours about a radical group targeting a senator. He’s got plenty of protection to cover him, but his daughter keeps ditching her body guards, so I’ve been asked to send in someone to watch her without her knowing it.” Bob said with a frown, showing that he thought the mission was lame, and not really what they were set up to deal with.

    Lexi read through the notes and found out it was a fifteen year old girl that looked like a proper little tearaway. Lexi thought she was like a female version of what Alex was like at school. She found herself wondering if she was getting into trouble trying to protect a friend, or just rebelling against her father. “She sounds like such a little darling.” Lexi said sounding very sarcastic. “Why are we being asked to handle this?” Lexi asked.

     “Came down as a request from up high.” Bob said with a roll of his eyes. “The senator has friends in high places.” Bob added.

     “Right, so he has dirt on someone and now he’s using that to get help keeping his daughter safe?” Lexi said, reading between the lines.

     “Sounds about right Lexi.” Bob chuckled. “Just keep an eye on her, and get her to safety if anything happens.” He frowned.

     “Any problem with me tranking her if she becomes any trouble?” Lexi asked with a grin.

     “Just as long as she gets handed back to her father in one piece and breathing, knock yourself out Lexi.” Bob said as he leaned back in his chair and let out a sigh.

     “I trust that Alice will be wearing a mask while she’s out on campus with Sarah?” Lexi asked with some worry in her voice.

     “Yes she will, but you will need to go and help sort out the look you want her to have.” Bob said as he looked at Lexi.

     “Why do I have to go and help sort it out?” Lexi asked looking puzzled. “Alice will be the one wearing it.” She added.

     “Tomorrow yes, but most the time it will be you wearing it while you go to class with Sarah.” Bob said with a grin.

     “Why will I be in class with Sarah?” Lexi asked.

     “I think it’s about time you got use to being around people. I’m hoping it will help you learn to deal with men without wanting to make them cry all the time.” Bob chuckled. “I also think it would help Sarah to have you along to help with some of the lessons.” He added.

     “Okay then, I’ll do it, but only to help Sarah out.” Lexi said with a weak resistant sound to her voice.

    Bob already knew that Lexi would agree to start college once he said that Sarah would need the help. Bob really was hoping to get Lexi to calm down and become friendlier around men.

     “Does Sarah know that I’ll be starting collage with her?” Lexi asked.

     “I thought I’d let you tell her that little piece of information.” Bob smiled. “I can’t be doing with all that hugging.” He added with a fake shudder.

     “We better go and break the good news to her then.” Lexi said with a grin as she got up and then helped Alice to her feet before they left the room and went to find Sarah.

    They found Sarah with Lana and Ted in the computer room being shown how to monitor the front and rear view camera on the guardian helmet. Lana had saved Lexi more than once by warning about someone coming up behind her while on a mission using the rear view camera. Alice and Lexi left Sarah to have her lesson while Alice went to check out some of the missions that she’d been locked out of until now, while Lexi went to read up on some of Sarah’s past back in the old town. Lexi was still bothered about the way Sarah spoke while down next to the pool earlier in the day.

    Lexi kept one eye on Sarah as she typed away on the computer and got into the folder Lana had on Sarah. Lexi was angry with herself as she read more and more about Sarah’s past seven years, but she didn’t read about anything that screamed out she was raped. Then she noticed that Lana had left a space of just over six months where Sarah didn’t work or do anything at all. Lexi found it odd that Lana wouldn’t make any notes as to what Sarah had been doing in that six month period, so she had a pretty good idea that Lana had found something out, but didn’t want anyone else to know about it, or more to the point Lexi to find out. Lexi knew that she would have to get Bill and Ted to help her track down the missing info by getting her into the police computer back in their old home town at some point after this mission she would be starting in a couple of days.

     “What you up to then Lexi?” Sarah asked as she walked over to where she was sat looking up info on the home and school where the senator’s daughter would be.

     “Just some mission stuff.” Lexi said as she leaned back in the chair and let Sarah see what she was looking at. Lexi had kept the info on the screen just in case one of the others wandered over to chat with her while she was looking at the file Lana had made up for Sarah.

     “Is this the mission you have to go on this Monday?” Sarah asked with a little sadness in her voice.

     “Yes it is, but it’s just a babysitting job for a senator’s brat of a daughter.” Lexi said with a roll of her eyes. “Boring stuff we sometimes get stuck with to keep the higher ups happy. The old man only does them to grease wheels and get more funding.” Lexi added.

     “I was hoping to have you close by on my first day of college.” Sarah said with a pout. “But at least I know that you won’t be dodging bullets and putting your life in danger.” She added with a grin.

     “I’m sorry I won’t be there on Monday, but I will be their when missions let me.” Lexi said with a grin. “Bob thinks I need to learn how to interact with people better, and help you keep your grades up.” Lexi added looking all series.

     “What will happen when you’re not their on Monday though?” Sarah asked looking worried.

     “Alice will be there in my place wearing a mask, and also recording everything so I can skim through it ready for when I take her place later in the week.” Lexi said with a shrug, like it was all normal. “We need to work out a look for me though. The old man doesn’t want anyone to see Alice going back to college as it would look a little weird for her to be back there.” Lexi added.

    Sarah got a grin on her face as she pulled Lexi up out her seat. “We better go and find you a new look I like then.”

    Lexi just smiled as she let Sarah drag her over to the computer system that controlled the mask making machine. Lexi was impressed with how far Sarah had come in just one day with Lana, Bill and Ted. She was able to launch the program and start adding different looks to the model of Alice and Lexi’s head.

     “We’ll keep you with blond hair so you don’t have to worry about wearing a wig.” Sarah said as she played around with the image on the screen.

    Lexi soon found herself looking at a very pretty looking girl on the screen that wasn’t to different to what she looked like anyway, but was different enough for no one to see it as Alice, but maybe a cousin.

     “What do you think of her?” Sarah finally asked when she realised that Lexi had let her do all the work.

     “I think you made me look very pretty Saz.” Lexi said as she turned Sarah’s chair around to face her, so they could kiss. They stopped when they heard a crashing sound from across the room. When they looked over to where the noise came from they saw Ted trying to get up off the floor where his chair had fallen over with him still sat in it.

     “Serves you right for trying to be nosey.” Sarah giggled as a very red faced Ted got up and then picked his chair back up.

     “Sorry dudettes, but you just look so...” Was all Ted said before he saw the look that Lexi gave him, and then he rephrased his answer. “You look really good together. I’m glad to see G finally happy.”

    Lexi couldn’t be mad with Ted, or Bill for acting the way they did, it must be a shock to see her so happy after all these years of wandering around the complex looking so moody. The pair of them had helped her get through many a tough time.

    Lana and Alice had gone back to their room. Alice said she felt tired and said that Lana looked tired as well, so Lexi had a pretty good idea that sleep wasn’t on the cards for either of them.

     “We’ll leave the two of you in peace then, but I want the pair of you at my place just before seven this evening for dinner.” Lexi said in a stern voice.

    Bill and Ted just started grinning at the thought of having some of Lexi’s great cooking. They normally only got that when she got done with a mission. They could both see the advantage of having Sarah around all the time.

     “We’ll be there dudettes!” Bill said as he looked at Ted just before they both started playing air guitar like Bill and Ted used to do in the movie they earned their names from. Then they both went “Excellent!”

    Sarah and Lexi just left the room shaking their heads and giggling at them. “I really need to help the pair of them find girlfriends.” Lexi said as she led Sarah down the corridor toward their room.

     “I think you’d be wasting your time Lexi. They already have each other.” Sarah said in a matter of fact way.

     “I know they’re really good friends to each other, but they need to find a good woman each.” Lexi said. “I owe them that much for all the help they’ve been to me over the years.” Lexi added.

    Sarah stopped walking and looking at Lexi with shock written all over her face. “You really have no idea about them do you?” She asked.

     “I have no idea about what?” Lexi asked with a puzzled look.

     “I think Bob was right about you needing to learn about people.” Sarah said with a sigh. “Bill and Ted are gay. They are in love with each other.” Sarah said very slowly like Lexi would have trouble understanding it.

    Lexi just looked at Sarah like she’d gone mad for a couple of seconds, then she looked puzzled before settling on a thoughtful look while her brain put all the little pieces together. “Wow, how come I never saw any of that before?” Lexi asked herself more than Sarah. “But all the looking and then falling off the chair just now? They can’t be gay.” Lexi said as she shook her head in disbelief.

     “All an act to stop people seeing the real picture.” Sarah said with a shrug. “I bet they share a room here at the complex to save room.” Sarah added as she took a stunned looking Lexi by the hand and kept leading her back to their room.

     “Yes they do, but how could you know all that just after a couple of days?” Lexi asked, still looking shocked that her two best friends could be an item and her not know about it for all this time.

     “I’m good at reading people remember? I worked out who you were back in school that time, and that you weren’t a normal person.” Sarah said with a smug look.

     “I feel like such an idiot now. All the times I’ve had a go at them for looking at me in a weird way. Why do you think they never told me? Do you think they couldn’t trust me?” Lexi said with a hurt look on her face.

     “I don’t think it was anything like that Lexi. I think they just thought it would be better to keep you thinking they were just friends. You’ve had enough stuff of your own to deal with over the years.” Sarah said as she stopped walking and pulled Lexi into a hug with her. “They must know that you know now anyway.” Sarah added as she looked up at one of the many cameras they had in the complex.

     “They don’t actually.” Lexi said with a grin when they broke the hug. “I’ve been carrying this around with me.” She added as she held up a little black box that looked like a key fob you would use to unlock a car door remotely.

     “What difference does that make?” Sarah asked with a puzzled look this time.

     “It’s just a little something that Bill and Ted came up with to stop me being seen and heard on videos and cameras when I didn’t want to be.” Lexi giggled. “It blocks the signal somehow when I have it turned on like I have since they helped you out the other day.” Lexi added as she put the little gadget back in her pocket.

     “Don’t be mad with either of them Lexi, just let them know you don’t mind, and that you’re still their friend.” Sarah said as she started walking again.

     “That could never change Saz!” Lexi said with a little anger in her voice. “I just feel like I’ve failed them as a friend for not seeing it sooner.” She added with a frown.

     “No you haven’t Lexi; you still loved them as friends even though they were different.” Sarah smiled. “You saw them as two good friends. Didn’t you start to wonder about them when they just accepted you as Alexis that day when you saved Alice?” Sarah asked.

     “No, but I was a little side tracked with other things back then, and the next time I saw them I was already Alice’s twin.” Lexi said with a little giggle when she thought back to that first meeting.

     “What’s so funny?” Sarah asked with a smirk when she saw Lexi giggle and put her hand over her mouth to hide it. Sarah thought it made her look really cute.

     “Sorry, but I was just thinking back to the day I first walked into the interview room where Bob was holding them after they got caught trying to hack the complex system.” Lexi giggled some more.

     “They tried to break in to the computer system here?” Sarah asked looking shocked at hearing that. “Why would they do that?” Sarah asked.

     “They were still trying to clear my name, even though Alex had been dead by then for a year. They didn’t just try to break into the system; they got in and were looking around for evidence of my innocence.” Lexi said as they reached their room and went in.

     “Wow. Now that is what I call friendship.” Sarah said looking proud of all the trouble Bill and Ted had gone to trying to clear Alex’s name. “Hold on a minute, why would they have proof of your innocence here at the complex?” Sarah asked looking angry now.

     “Calm down Saz.” Lexi said as she pulled Sarah a little closer to her while they sat on the sofa talking. “Ted found a weird signal piggybacking on the feed that they were tapped into back at school, but it wasn’t until after I was arrested and locked up that they finally tracked it back to the complex here.”

     “Why were they watching the school back then?” Sarah asked sounding worried. “And why didn’t they help keep you out if prison?” Sarah asked.

     “They were watching Alice after she tested higher on some test than anyone had ever tested before, then they saw Alexis out with Alice at some point, so they started watching both of us. They saw how far I was willing to go when trying to keep Alice safe, and Bob thought I’d be a good candidate for the guardian project.” Lexi shrugged.

     “And this is the result of all that happened?” Sarah asked as she rested her head on Lexi’s shoulder again. “What happened when you met Bill and Ted again?” She asked with a giggle.

     “I walked into the room wearing the black cat suit and they thought I was Alice at first.” Lexi giggled. “They hadn’t seen Alice since her and my parents moved away, so they told her they were sorry about Alex, and that she looked good.” Lexi giggled some more. “I told them Alice was looking very good, but I was Alexis.”

     “How did they take that little piece of news?” Sarah asked as she put her hand up to her mouth to stop from giggling too much.

     “They both just sat there with their mouths open for a full two minutes as they took it all in. Bill was the first to speak when he asked if I was really Alexis. They both thought I was Alice still, so they asked me a bunch of stuff that only Alex would know the answer to before they finally believed me.” Lexi stopped giggling and let out a sigh.

     “I bet they were glad to see you still alive?” Sarah asked.

     “Yes they were, we all had a good cry as we hugged each other. I should have realised then that they were more than just friends to each other.” Lexi said with another giggle at the fact they had managed to trick her all this time.

     “Did you help them get their jobs here then?” Sarah asked as she looked around the room. “Or are they serving out some sort of sentence for breaking into the complex computer system?” Sarah asked looking worried.

     “Bob was impressed with what they had done, so he set up a little test while I was showing them around the place. They already had the job, but Bob likes to keep people on their toes.” Lexi giggled at the memory of Bill and Ted showing up the teckies.

     “I trust they passed his test?” Sarah asked, but already knew the answer to that with the fact Bill and Ted were still here and looking right at home in the computer room.

     “They solved the problem so fast that it even left the old man speechless, which isn’t an easy thing to do.” Lexi said looking impressed with what her friends had done.

     “Sounds like normal Bill and Ted stuff to me.” Sarah giggled. “They were the only other two to show up when you were laid to rest in that grave.” Sarah added with a faraway look in her eyes.

     “They told me that when I first saw them again. I think they’ve always known I’ve had feelings for you, but never brought up your name again after I changed the subject that day. I really thought I was doing the right thing keeping away Saz.” Lexi said with some pleading in her voice.

     “I did try to move on, but I compared everyone to you, and I was never going to find another you. So I ended up becoming the town weirdo and bounced from job to job until some sexy looking chick turned up and took me away from it all.” Sarah giggled just before leaning over and giving Lexi a kiss. “My hero.” She purred after.

    Lexi not one for sitting round doing nothing was soon fidgeting on the sofa and wanting to get up and do something. “I’m going to suit up and head down to the training room for a bit. I need to have a work out.” Lexi said as she got up off the sofa.

     “Do you mind if I come down with you and start working out as well?” Sarah asked, not sure if Lexi would want her along or not. “I’d like to try and brush up on my self defence a little if I’m going to be at college.” Sarah added.

     “Okay, I would like the company, and I’ll promise to go easy on you, but shout up if I hurt you.” Lexi warned. “I can get carried away sometimes.” She added with a grin.

     “Can I try on one of your catsuits as well?” Sarah asked looking sheepish as she said it. “They look really sexy on you, and I’d love to know what it feels like to wear one.” Sarah added as she stepped closer to Lexi and ran a finger down her neck and let it go all the way down to the dip between Lexi’s breasts showing just a little above the v-neck t-shirt she was wearing.

     “I think you will look even sexier in one of them than I do.” Lexi grinned as she led Sarah over to the locked room and punched in the code.

    Sarah couldn’t help noticing the numbers she hit. “Hey! That was my birthday you just punched in there.” Sarah said with a grin.

     “Not just your birthday Saz.” Lexi grinned back. Lexi had punched in another couple of numbers before Sarah took any real notice of what she was punching into the keypad. “I also punched in the date you first kissed me as well.” Lexi added with an even bigger grin.

     “Aren’t you worried that I might break in and steal all your dangerous little toys?” Sarah asked as she wrapped her arms around Lexi just before kissing her.

     “You’ve already stole the heart of the most dangerous toy, why worry about anything else?” Lexi asked with a grin just before she kissed Sarah again.

     “You say the sweetest things to me.” Sarah giggled. “Now let’s suit up and go do some training.” She added as she led Lexi into the room and suddenly stopped when she saw all the different weapons on the walls and a line of catsuits hanging on another wall.

    Lexi helped Sarah slip out of her clothes and then into one of her catsuits. It was a little snug on her because Lexi wasn’t quite as well filled out in the bum and chest area, but neither was Alice for that matter, hence the reason for Lexi being the same way.

     “I won’t have to wear one of them will I?” Sarah asked with a shaky hand as she pointed at one of the helmets sat on a shelf looking at her and Lexi.

     “No, I only wore the one the other day because I was hiding from you and Alice.” Lexi said as she slipped into a catsuit herself. “I thought you hated me, so I hated me to.” Lexi added as she wiped away a tear that had ran down her cheek.

     “I never hated you Lexi. I was just overwhelmed by everything, and sad that I wasn’t your first.” Sarah pouted just before she pulled Lexi closer for a hug and a kiss. Sarah liked the feel of them both wearing cat suits while they got close to each other.

     “And how do you feel now?” Lexi asked with a grin when they stopped kissing.

     “I feel that if we don’t get out of here right now, we will never make it to the training room.” Sarah said taking a couple of deep breaths as she stepped back.

    Lexi giggled as she led Sarah back out the little room and then pushed a button on the control pad before the door closed and sealed air tight again. Then they went over to the sofa and sat down to put on a pair of boots each. Sarah felt a foot taller when she stood up again.

     “Wow, I feel really tall in these things.” Sarah giggled as she tried to find her balance again.

     “Sorry about that, but the boots have a four inch heel and a one inch soul to make me look taller than Alice. We didn’t want her working out me and her were the same height.” Lexi said as she stood up and started walking around like she’d been doing it on high heels all her life.

    Lexi helped Sarah out of the apartment and then down the hall way to the training room. By the time they got there, Sarah was walking normally again. The room was as large as the pool room, but had a large assault course in it and a target range at one end, as well as a section full of what looked like crash test dummies.

     “So this is where you let off some steam then?” Sarah asked as she walked around some of the room. “Is that the mess you made the other day when I upset you?” Sarah asked as she pointed at a pile of dummies in the middle of the room.

     “Yep. Bill and Ted weren’t happy that I went so postal on them, but it was better than going to the computer room while in a bad mood.” Lexi giggled. “I tend to kill keyboards when I do that.” Lexi added when she saw the puzzled look on Sarah’s face.

     “I bet Bill and Ted just hate it when you get all angry with their babies as well?” Sarah said with a pout. “So where do we start?” Sarah asked as she turned to face Lexi with a grin on her face.

     “We start by getting you warmed up a little first with some jogging and stretching Miss Briton.” Lexi smiled as she started a slow jog with Sarah jogging next to her.

     “This would be a lot easier if we were wearing jogging shoes instead of high heeled boots you know.” Sarah said as she jogged a little faster to keep up with Lexi’s pace.

     “Probably, but I can’t go out as the guardian wearing jogging shoes, so I find it best to train in what I wear while out in the field.” Lexi smiled.

    Sarah was starting to pant quite heavily now, but she noticed that Lexi didn’t even look winded yet. She could see that working out with Lexi wasn’t going to be as easy as it was to go swimming with her, but she would stick at it and get in shape.

     “I’m beginning to think that wearing a catsuit wasn’t one of my smartest ideas.” Sarah panted.

     “Nope, but it’s one of the sexiest though.” Lexi said with a grin.

    Sarah giggled and lost her balance and would have fallen if not for Lexi’s lightning fast reflexes. Lexi was right there in front of her in a flash to catch her before she fell head first onto the floor.

     “Thanks Lexi, guess I’m still trying to get use to the heels on these boots.” Sarah said with a giggle as she looked up into Lexi’s eyes from where she lay with her upper body cradled in Lexi’s arms.

     “I was being foolish to think you could just start training in these heels.” Lexi said looking angry with herself. “Let’s call it a day and go back to the apartment.” Lexi added as she got up and helped Sarah to her feet again.

     “Please don’t do that Lexi! I want to stay and help you train, or at least sit and watch you work out.” Sarah said pleadingly as she pushed Lexi away from her. “I don’t want you to keep getting side tracked because of me, so I want to help you train if I can in some way.” Sarah added.

    Lexi smiled at the way Sarah wanted to help her train, even if it was just as a form of cheerleader. “Okay, I’ll let you do some training with me still, but we’ll do some bits on the assault course instead of all the running.” Lexi said as she led the way over to the assault course. “Watch what I do and then copy me, but don’t feel bad if you can’t do it right away, it took me a couple of tries to get the hang of it all.” Lexi warned as she ran up to a wall and scaled it using a rope that was hanging from it. Lexi then ran across a long beam that was five feet off the floor before jumping to a rope that was hanging down above a water filled hole.

    Sarah stood with her mouth open as she watched Lexi gracefully do the course before returning to where she was still stood. “You ready to give it a go, or do you want to just watch me do it a couple more times first?” Lexi asked with a grin.

     “I’ll have to have a go sooner or later, so it might as well be sooner.” Sarah said with a nervous giggle. Then she took a couple of steps back before she ran at the wall and jumped up grabbing the rope and then clambered to the top, not quite as graceful as Lexi, but she got up there.

    Sarah was doing okay for her first time right up until she jumped from the beam to grab the rope over the water hole and fell in with a splash. Lexi ran over to help Sarah out and to make sure she was alright, but knew she was when she heard her laughing at herself.

     “You made that look so much easier than it really is.” Sarah giggled as she stood there dripping wet. “It was still fun though.” Sarah added.

     “I think we better call it a day now, so I can go and get you dried out and into some dry clothes.” Lexi said as she too had to giggle at the soggy looking Sarah.

     “Go... Goo... Good ide... Idea. Tha... That water col... Cold.” Sarah said as she started to shiver.

     “Yes it is, they make it that cold so no one ever wants to fall in it twice.” Lexi said as she grabbed a large towel and wrapped it around Sarah as she helped her get back to the apartment so they could take a hot shower together.

    Lexi thought Sarah was walking to slow, so she picked her up like she was nothing and carried her to the apartment in the end and then helped her get out of the wet cat suit, bra and panties before helping Sarah into the steaming hot water of the shower before she undressed herself and got in to help Sarah get clean and warm again.

     “That feels really good Lexi.” Sarah said when she finally stopped her teeth from chattering. “Did you ever fall in the water at the beginning?” Sarah asked as she let Lexi wash her back and then her breasts.

     “Yes, more than once before I got the hang of it all.” Lexi giggled. “I was never the star athlete in school remember?” Lexi point out.

     “I remember, but I bet they wouldn’t pick you last anymore.” Sarah giggled.

    Lexi just giggled at Sarah’s comment as she helped to get her clean and then out of the shower before wrapping her in a big fluffy bathrobe and taking her into the kitchen area and then helping her to sit at the breakfast bar so she could make them both a hot drink.

    Once Lexi had the drinks made she set to work on dinner while Sarah sat and watched her. They were soon joined by Alice and Lana. Lana sat next to Sarah while she told them what happened in the training room, while Alice set to work helping Lexi with dinner. Lexi was glad to see Alice helping out and looking a lot happier than she had in a long time.

    Bill and Ted turned up, shortly followed by Bob turning up with a couple of bottles of wine for them all. Lexi stuck to drinking juice, but let the others have the wine. Lexi found herself looking at Bill and Ted a little closer; she could now see all the signs that they were a gay couple.

    Lexi waited until they were all sat down relaxing after the meal before she spoke to them about it. “Bill, Ted, can I ask the two of you a question?”

     “Sure G, fire away?” Bill said with a happy smile after stuffing himself on some of her and Alice’s amazing cooking.

     “Why did you two never tell me that you were an item?” Lexi asked with a hurt look. “Didn’t you feel you could trust me?”

     “Yes we trusted you Lexi, we just never thought it that important, and we also thought you would work it out on your own in the end.” Bill said as he reached over and took hold of Lexi’s hand.

     “You had so much to deal with being Alice’s guardian and keeping her safe while not letting her find out who you were that we couldn’t see the point of making things weird between us if you didn’t like us after we told you.” Ted added to what Bill just said.

     “I’m kind of gay myself guys! How could I hate you for being in love with each other?” Lexi asked looking frustrated with the two of them. “Well a lesbian anyway.” Lexi added with a grin as she looked at Sarah cuddled up next to her falling asleep.

     “We could both see that you were still in love with Sarah, and just didn’t want to make you feel worse by being to close around you.” Bill said looking sad. “We both love you too much to hurt you like that dudette.” Bill added with a smile.

     “Thanks for that, and I’m sorry I never picked up on it sooner.” Lexi said with a smile back at the two of them. “I hope you will drop the act now I know and I have Sarah back in my life?” Lexi asked with a grin now.

    Bill and Ted answered the question by moving closer to each other and then kissing right there on the sofa with the others watching on. Bob and the others all acted like it was normal, so Lexi worked out that she was the only one to blind to notice it.

     “I guess you all knew then except me?” Lexi asked the others.

    They all smiled and nodded at her. Lexi wasn’t too bothered about being the last to know about it, she still loved them all, and she would trust Bill and Ted with her life any time. Lexi was soon up and playing on the playstation with Bill and Ted while the others sat and watched Lexi wipe the floor with the pair of them, just like she normally did. Lexi finally gave up playing, so she could sit and relax with Sarah while Bill and Ted carried on playing for a little longer before Bob dragged them away again.

    Lana and Alice stopped a little longer so Alice could spend some more time with her long lost sister. Lexi had Sarah one side of her cuddled up tightly to her side while Alice cuddled up on the other side with Lana cuddled up next to her.

     “I missed you sis.” Alice said in a sleepy voice. “I never felt like you were truly gone all those years, but at the same time I felt an empty spot in my heart as well.” Alice added as she gripped Lexi a little tighter.

     “I missed being close to you sis. Being this close all those years, but unable to do something as simple as hug you really hurt.” Lexi said with a sigh as she pulled Alice a little closer.

     “Is that why you sometimes kept me just a little to close when you kept me safe from danger while on some of the missions?” Alice asked as she remembered times when her guardian wouldn’t break her embrace for a couple of seconds after the danger had passed.

     “I had to steal the hugs where I could before now.” Lexi giggled.

     “I bet you helped Lana pick out all those perfect gifts as well?” Alice asked with a sly look over at Lana. “I always wondered how you could work out what I liked all these years.” Alice added with a playful slap on Lana’s leg.

     “Hey! It worked both ways without you ever realising it babe.” Lana said. “All those times you told me that Alexis would have loved a top, or a pair of earrings, I would go back later and buy them for her.” Lana added with a smile.

     “Did she really do that for me sis?” Alice asked with a tear in her eye.

     “Yes she always got me a couple of gifts to open from you, and she would always say that you’d said I’d love the gift and I did sis.” Lexi smiled.

    They were quiet after that and Alice fell asleep, so Lexi picked her up and carried her back to the apartment that her and Lana were sharing now before returning back to her apartment and taking Sarah to bed for a cuddle before they fell asleep in each other’s arms.

    The next day was Sunday, so they just relaxed and got ready for the mission, and Sarah got herself ready for college the next day. Lexi was only going to be keeping an eye on the target while she was at school and hanging with her friends, so Sarah would get to see Lexi in the evening until the mission was over and they removed the threat.

    Alice and Sarah spent some time talking about college while Lana and Lexi went over the target. Lexi thought the girl sounded a lot like Tiffany used to be back in her, Sarah and Alice’s school. Lexi wasn’t looking forward to the mission one bit.

 

To Be Continued Monday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

good to see

Good to see the team know all about each other now ,it will make it easy to work on any mission that they have to work on together .

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 10.

Sounds like Lexi can spot the brats/troublemakers, which is good. But wonder about how well the others will fare without her 'enhancements'.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Like YHIAW

but on steroids.

Still reading and loving it.

Susie

I look forward to the 'simple' mission

Babysitting brats has always been good fodder for 'action heroes' in the pictures. I wonder what is up with this overcoddled little prima donna. Could she even be trans?

It is nice to see their relationships getting mended. I think we need to see Alice in action to truly understand her value to her team that made Bob expend so much money to have her brother made over.

I am glad it is not as OTT as YHIAW as none of the characters are as silly as Chrissy is. Each character seems more focused and defined in what they can do, except for Sarah. That is a bit of a shortcoming with some of the characters in YHIAW. The characters are being fleshed out a little more, though Bill and Ted still seem a bit stereotyped as your typical geek.

Kim

I'm sorry YHIAW was OTT

I'm sorry you thought my other story was OTT. I wrote that story as a way of escaping from real life and all the CRAP we all have to deal with. In real life Chrissy would have arrived in London and ended up living rough on the street before either selling his body just to eat, or ending up in some dead end job and never doing anything. Never meeting Becky and falling in love, or becoming Mandy's sister. Why would anyone want to sit and read a story like that. Most of the people who come and read the stories here, just want to forget about real life for a couple of hours, well I do anyway, and that is what I wrote that story for, to take a well deserved break from real life. I guess I really do have it all wrong!

SaraUK

Hon, I love Chrissy for who she is

Yes she was OTT in terms of how she always was down on herself. That is all I meant. I have always liked the story and still love Chrissy in particular. She has grown up a lot but she still has a vulnerable side that will not go totally away.

Yes, YHIAW was a bit of escapism where the world will somehow always wind up for t-folks who in reality seldom have advocates ( such as Carl. )

In your present story, at least the characters are growing up a bit faster and seem to come from a much stronger place.

Each story has its charm and I appreciate them for it.

*hugs*

Kim

Thanks for sharing another

Thanks for sharing another great chapter building on the story. I hope Sarah will be okay in college.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p