The Hero Part 18

Printer-friendly version


The Hero

by

Jacquimac

Part Eighteen


The next day found James and Annabel at school as usual, they were told not to mention the impending move to anyone, it wasn`t as if they had any friends that they could tell anyway.

Rodger and Brian went over top the new house to see the decorators were carrying out their instructions, and to see if there was anything else that needed doing. Because the gardens front and back were pretty big Brian decided to hire a good gardener, even a pensioner for a couple hours of day and he would pay well above the going rate as long as the work was being done to his standards.

The two mothers had gone to the hospital to have a work with the two surgeons and inform them on what James had decided, after listening the doctors like the other adults agreed it might be for the best and explained a small surgical proceedure to help James out with his plan. After listening to what the doctors suggested Elizabeth said she would it to James, but that she didn`t think he would object and a provisional date was made for the surgery.

The dress shops they went to must have thought their ship had come in with the amount spent on the children, they went to toy shops, furniture stores, jewellers, shoe shops and any other place they could whatever they needed to but and spend a few thousand pounds by the end. Milly was beginning to wonder if Elizabeth had robbed a bank or won the lottery until was explained who Brian actually was.

The security team was still monitoring the family and only contacted Rodger on a weekly basis, there had been a couple of minor scares but they were swiftly dealt with without Elizabeth and James knowing anything about them, they still didn`t know they were under surveilance and both Rodger and Brian wanted to keep it that way.
It happened that two of team were ex school teachers and they offered to take the education for children until they started at the Girls Academy an offer that Rodger and Brian gladly accepted, this would help the team to keep a better watch on everyone.

When the adults finally met again at home they told each other what the day had been like for them, Elizabeth told Brian how much she had spent and brian just grinned and said "It`s only money and there`s plenty more where that came from, what you spent today was just pennies" .

This surprised Milly and her face showed it, Brian explained about his fathers businesses and how he sold most of them, especially the ones that dealt with weapons and the one he had kept made huge profits in the International Markets, she was also told to spend away and brian ordered a credit card for her on his account, Milly tried to refuse but Brian said he was having fun now he had a family once more amd that a trust fund was already set up for her and Annabel along with a trust fund to pay for Annabel to go to university if she wished, Milly thanked him profusely.

That evening after the children were asleep in bed the adults chatted away, the two mothers went into the kitchen to make drinks and get snocks for everyone, while they were alone Rodger told Brian he had proposed to Elizabeth and did he have any objections.

"Rodger, Thank you for telling me but your both grown adults and you don`t need my permission, just look after Elizabeth and James to the best of your ability that is all I ask, like you I haven`t known long but I love them both especially that little enigma James. I`m an old man OK I`m very rich old man and want to end my days with a loving family, if you want to part of the family that`s ok by me as I`ve grown to like you like the son I never knew," said Brian

" Thanks Brian, I love both of them and will do everything to see they`re safe and happy" said Rodger

The two women returned a few minutes later each carrying a tray when there was a knock at the front door, Rodger went to see who was calling at such late hour.
On opening the door he saw the two surgeons and invited them in, how soon can you James ready asked Wells,

"Why what`s wrong ? he`s in bed asleep said a now worried" Elizabeth

"Nothings wrong , it`s just that after talking to you earlier today,we found we can do the procedure tonight at a private clinic" explained Graves

"I`ll ay one thing for you doctors, you know how to get the heart pumping" said Brian sounding slightly annoyed

"Look if we do it now,there will be less chance of a leak" said Wells

Elizabeth went and got James ready and the two doctors took them both to the private clinic were the procedure was carried out and they were home a couple of hours later.

In the morning Elizabeth phoned the school and told them that the children wouldn`t be attending as they were feeling ill, Annabel didn`t know what had occurred during the night but was happy to have a day or two with no school.

James was still asleep, he was one of those that Anaesthesia hit badly and took a long time to get out of their system, while he was still asleep Annabel asked if he had a new name yet, that caught the adults out.

"We never thought of that did we, we can hardly call her James now" said Brian

Everyone sat around the table and a list of names was made, but they would let James have the final choice after all she would be stuck with it for quite some time.

Eventually James came into the kitchen looking for something to eat,the list was handed to him and he looked throught finally settling on Jemma Louise as a new name.

" You know what ? " asked Brian looking at his new grandaughter

"No, what?" asked James

"Maybe it`s coincidence but that was your grandmothers name " he said smiling

"Do you want me to change it ?" asked Jemma

"No, I`m sure she be proud for you to have her name " said Brian

Rodger after the new names had been dicided on got hold of the contact he been given in British Intelligence who got the new paperwork started, promising they would new documents for Jemma Louise Mongomery in 48 hours at the latest.

"You`ll still have to see the Queen as James you know "said Elizabeth

"I know that mum" replied Jemma

The day of trip to London arrived and the party left for the small local airport, it wasn`t long before they were settling into a penthouse suite at the London Hilton hotel, they hadn`t been there long when the Princess Royal arrived to greet them. She informed them that she had been told of James name change and the small operation he`d had done and that the invitation was now for Ms Jemma Louise Montgomery and handed over a new invitation card, she chatted with everyone for a while but soon had to leave.

" Well it looks like you Ladies will be going of on a shopping trip "Said Rodger

"Looks like " Said a giggling Elizabeth

Jemma was taken to Harrods and a top Beauty salon, a full makeover was done, and several new outfits were pruchased along with shoes and all the frippery and accessories. The next stop was Cartiers jewellers were some rather expensive pieces were purchased by Brian for all the Ladies with Rodger getting a very expensive diamond studded Rolex.

On arrival back at the Hotel they had their meal in the penthouse Jemma was feeling a bit tired and didn`t fancy the dining room with all the commotion going on, the children were put to bed early as in the there was a lot to do to get ready before the cars arrived to take them to the Palace.

up
107 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks for a very enjoyable story.

PennyElaine
I doubt that the Princess Royal would have gone to the hotel. Nor would she have done any hosting duties, but rather, it would have been done by an Equerry. Royals are far above such socialising. It is very different at Balmoral, where the royal family are able to be as natural and normal as any other, but protocol inhibits it anywhere else. It is said that even at functions, Her Majesty does not actually eat the food before her, merely moves it around in conversation. A far cry from the "safer" days of king Henry!
All this notwithstanding, I love the story, admire the child and am enjoying it greatly. Thankyou very much!

PennyElaine

The Hero Part 18

How long will Jemma be in the wheelchair?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine