Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 11.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 11 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

    Lexi was awake early the next morning and went down to the pool to take a swim before getting ready for her babysitting duty. Sarah was still fast asleep when she got up, so she let Sarah sleep in a little later today, as she had college to attend with Alice pretending to be her.

     “You should have woke me up!” Sarah whined as she slipped into the pool fifteen minutes later and swam over to Lexi before kissing her good morning.

     “You looked to cute while you slept to wake up.” Lexi smiled when they stopped kissing.

     “I don’t care how cute you think I look, but thanks for saying that.” Sarah said with a grin. “Wake me up so we can spend as much time together as we can.” Sarah added in a bossy tone as she poked Lexi in the chest.

    They were soon joined by Lana and Alice, who had also come for a quick swim before going to get ready for college in Alice’s case, and to monitor and give advice to Lexi while out keeping an eye on the senator’s daughter while at school and with her friends after school.

    Alice helped Lexi sort out some breakfast for them all, then Sarah was shocked to see Lexi wonder back into the living room area dressed in normal everyday street clothes. She was wearing a black denim skirt and white v-neck t-shirt and was carrying a black denim jacket in one hand. She was also wearing a pair of black suede boots with a low heel on them.

     “Where’s the cat suit and mask?” Sarah asked with a puzzled look.

     “It’s not that sort of a mission Saz. I’d look a little silly following a fifteen year old girl around dressed as the guardian.” Lexi giggled. “I’m just going to be in the background to keep an eye on her. It’s a lame assignment if you ask me.” Lexi added with a shrug as she put some bits and bobs Sarah had never seen before in her purse and also the boots she was wearing.

     “Why does it still look like you’re arming yourself up then?” Sarah asked looking worried that Lexi was playing down the importance of the mission.

     “Because it’s better to have it and not need it, than it is to need it and not have it.” Lexi pointed out.

    Alice and Sarah would be leaving at the same time as Lexi, so they all wandered down to see Bill and Ted together, so they could grab their masks. Bob had told Lexi to use a disguise as well as Alice; he didn’t want the senator knowing what Lexi and Alice really looked like. Bob wasn’t happy with Lexi being used to babysit some senator’s daughter at all.

    Sarah gave Lexi one final kiss before she watched her spray the mask with adhesive and then apply the mask to her face. Lexi didn’t bother with a wig; she just changed the look of her face enough to make her look very different to what she and Alice normally looked like.

     “I hope you have a good time at College, and I’ll see you this evening for a late dinner when I get back.” Lexi said as she gave Sarah one final hug before leaving. “I’ll check coms with you from the car Lana.” Lexi added as she left the room.

    Lana gave Alice a hug and a kiss just before Alice placed her mask on to make her look like the person Sarah and Lana had come up with on Saturday. “Don’t forget who you belong to missy.” Lana said just before letting Alice and Sarah leave the room so they could get to college and Sarah’s first class of the day.

     “You know I only have eyes for you baby.” Alice pouted. “And you’ll be watching and listening in on me all day anyway.” Alice added with a grin.

     “You can count on it.” Lana grinned back. “That is when I’m not talking your sister out of killing a teenage girl.” Lana added with a frown.

     “Good luck with that one babe.” Alice giggled as she took Sarah by the hand and led her out to the lift back up to ground level so they could take Alice’s car and get to college.

*****

    Lexi was in her mustang and heading over to meet Mellissa Green at her school for their first meeting and to lay down some ground rules about her babysitting duties, and what Mellissa would need to do. Mellissa was the daughter of Doug Green. Mellissa’s mother was Cathy Green, but she died a couple of years back in a car crash. Mellissa had started playing up after her mother’s death, and Lexi had found out that from Bob just yesterday that the babysitting duty had come from someone in Washington against the senator’s orders, so Lexi wasn’t sure what was going on.

     “You picking me up loud and clear G?” Lana’s voice asked through the ear wig Lexi had in her ear.

     “Perfect as always Lana, you getting me okay at your end?” Lexi asked as she drove along.

     “Yep, all clear on our end. Bill and Ted have hacked into the camera system at the school, and are ready to hack the feed in the malls around the area, depending on which one she goes to with her friends after school.” Lana said as she ran thought the check list with Lexi.

     “Did Sarah and Alice get off to college alright?” Lexi asked, worried about Sarah on her first day, and Alice being unprotected.

     “Yes, and they are both sat having a drink in one of the coffee shops on campus right now.” Lana said as she looked on another monitor and saw Sarah and Alice sat at a table. “Bill and Ted have us hooked into the cameras at the campus, so we can keep an eye on them through the day for you.” Lana added to calm Lexi down.

     “Let me know if they have any trouble, and I’ll drop everything here and go to help.” Lexi said in a warning tone.

     “You know I will G, but only if it’s an emergency. Sarah and Alice are able to look after themselves you know?” Lana said with some anger in her voice.

     “I know that Lana, but I would much rather be there helping them at college, than playing babysitter to some spoiled little brat of a teenager.” Lexi whined.

     “Did you read any of the info I put together for you Lexi?” Lana asked with a frown. “She’s not your normal bratty teenager. She’s been a little rebellious since her mother died.” Lana added.

     “I bet she’s just like Tiffany.” Lexi said with some tone to her voice. “Cheerleader and queen bitch, just like they all are.” Lexi added with a growl as she put her foot down on the gas, making her car go a lot faster down the freeway.

     “Watch your speed Lexi!” Lana warned her. “I wish you’d read all the information I put in these files for you. Mellissa was all that right up until she lost her mother in a car crash, now she’s a bit of an outcast.” Lana added. “She goes out of her way to cause trouble and try to makes her father look bad whenever she can.”

     “This might be more fun than I first thought then.” Lexi said with a grin that even made it into her voice. “So am I just babysitting, or am I supposed to straighten her out in some way?” Lana asked as she pulled into the school parking lot.

    Lexi had to smile as she saw all the kids looking at her car. There were a lot of flash cars in the lot, but none sounded as throaty as her mustang. Lexi also knew that none would go as fast either.

     “As far as I know it’s just babysit and keep out of trouble, but if you get a chance to straighten her out a bit, just go for it.” Lana said through the ear wig.

     “You can count on that Lana. I better quit talking to you now, or the kids here will think me nuts.” Lexi said with a giggle.

     “They’d be thinking right then G, I already know you’re nuts.” Lana giggled.

     “Why did I know you were going to say that?” Lexi giggled some more.

    Lexi got out her car and hit the key fob to lock it before walking towards the school and the principal’s office where Mellissa would be waiting to meet her. Lexi had to smile as she saw all the same types of groups that had been around when she was at school just over seven years ago, but instead of being the unnoticed kid Alex was, Alexis had all the guys looking at her, and even some of the girls too.

     “Excuse me kind sir, but could you show me the way to the principal’s office?” Lexi asked as she stepped between two large looking kids to talk to a smaller kid that looked like he was being picked on by the other two. Lexi wasn’t sure if the kid was a boy or a girl at first, but she could tell they were scared either way.

    The smaller kid looked happy to no longer be the focus of the other two kids, but was also in shock that someone like Lexi was talking to them. Before the small kid could speak though, one of the other kids spoke up. “We’ll show you the way love.” Big kid one said with a grin.

     “I’m sure that between the two of you you could show me the way, but why put a strain on that single brain cell you share when I can get there much quicker with this young man’s help.” Lexi said as she worked out it was a young male she was talking to. She grabbed the young man’s arm and pulled him along with her as she walked away. Lexi smiled as she put her arm through his and let him lead her down the hallway with a grin on his face.

     “Thank you for helping me back there Miss.” The boy said as they walked down the hallway with everyone stopping to look at him with a cute woman on his arm.

     “Think nothing of it; I know what it’s like to be picked on with being the little guy.” Lexi said with a sad smile over at her new friend. “What’s your name anyway?” Lexi asked looking a little happier.

     “Tim, Miss.” Tim said with a smile.

     “Please call me Lexi then Tim.” She smiled back at him.

     “That was so funny what you just said to them two just now Lexi.” Tim giggled. Yes it actually sounded like a giggle.

    Lexi looked puzzled for a couple of seconds as she looked at Tim’s small size. She wondered if Tim was like she was back in school. Could Tim be a girl trapped in the wrong body, or was he just small and easy prey for the larger kids in the school? Lexi was sure he’d work it all out one day, but she would try and look him up every now and then to see if he was doing okay.

     “Like I said Tim, I went through the same thing in my school.” Lexi smiled.

     “I doubt that Lexi. You look amazing.” Tim said with a blush. “Who would be insane enough to pick on you?” He asked.

     “I was a late bloomer, so I just looked like a geek back in school.” Lexi giggled at her private joke. She could hear Lana giggling in her ear wig.

     “Stop corrupting a minor and get to the principal’s office.” Lana giggled.

    Tim soon came to a stop when they reached the door that said principal’s office on it. Lexi looked around and realised that most the school was now stood in the hallway watching the two of them, so with an evil grin Lexi leaned over and kissed Tim on the cheek to thank him for all his help.

     “Thank you Tim. I’m sure that will give you a little more street cred.” Lexi said with a wink. “Now get to class and learn all you can kind sir.” She added with a grin.

    Tim ran off down the hallway with a smile on his face as he reached up to touch the spot on his cheek where Lexi just kissed him.

     “You do realise that you just became every guys wet dream don’t you G?” Lana asked in her ear. “And what happened to the hate all men in the world thing as well?” Lana giggled.

    Lexi never answered her, not that she could as she entered the outer office where a woman was sat behind a desk typing away on her computer.

     “Good morning Miss. How may I help you?” The woman asked as she looked up at Lexi.

     “Good morning. I’m here to see the principal about Mellissa Green.” Lexi smiled back at her. “I’m Ms Becky Heaven.” Lexi added with a little smirk.

     “Oh yes, their waiting for you Ms B Heaven.” The woman said before she realised what Lexi had called herself. The woman had to slap a hand over her mouth to stop from giggling. “I’m so sorry Ms.” She mumbled through her hand.

     “Don’t worry about it.” Lexi giggled as she waved her hand to dismiss the outburst. “Parents had an evil sense of humour when they named me.” Lexi added as she walked over to the other door following the still giggling woman. The woman took a couple of deep breaths before knocking on the door and entering with Lexi following her. “Ms Becky Heaven is here to see you about Mellissa Green Ma’am.” She said before stepped to one side to let Lexi enter the room. Then she left the room very quickly looking red faced like she was about to explode.

    Lexi smiled as she heard the woman having a laughing fit in the outer office. Lexi looked around and saw that there were two people in the room, a middle aged looking woman sat behind a large desk and a young girl sat on a sofa looking pissed off at being in the room.

     “Good morning Ms Becky Heaven.” The woman behind the desk said with a raised eyebrow. “I’m Mrs Lawson and this charming little girl is Mellissa Green.” She added with a smile.

    Lexi saw the evil look Mellissa gave Mrs Lawson when she called her a little girl, but apart from that little look, The girl sat on the sofa looked like all the other girls she’d seen out in the hallway on her way here with Tim.

     “Good morning Mrs Lawson, good morning Mellissa.” Lexi smiled.

     “Yea whatever.” Mellissa said with a frown. “Can I get to class now Miss?” She asked.

    Lexi fiddled with the ring she had on her hand before she stepped ever and held out her hand to shake Mellissa’s in greeting. “I’m looking forward to looking after you Mellissa.” Lexi smiled as she saw a small jet of spray come out from the ring and hit Mellissa in the face. Seconds later Mellissa looked ill and then fainted.

     “Oh dear, she’s fainted Lexi said with some panic in her voice. “Can you get her some water? And maybe some smelling salts?” Lexi asked as she knelt down to check on the girl while Mrs Lawson ran out the room to get some water and smelling salts.

    Lexi quickly pulled a pen out her jacket pocket and stabbed Mellissa in the thigh with it and pushed a button to inject the girl with a tiny tracking device. Lexi knew that this girl would try every trick in the book to try and lose her through the day, so this way Lexi could give her some room and watch from a distance.

    Mellissa was already coming around when Mrs Lawson came running back into the room being followed by a school nurse and the woman from the other office carrying a glass of water. “What happened?” Mellissa groaned as she tried to sit up again.

     “I think you fainted dear.” Lexi said looking worried, but really knowing what just happened and knowing that she would be fine in a couple of minutes.

     “I think something bit me.” Mellissa said as she rubbed the spot where Lexi injected the tracking device.

     “Tracking device online and working fine G.” Lexi herd Lana say in her ear.

     “How are you feeling now Mellissa?” The nurse asked as she knelt down next to Lexi and looked the girl in the eyes.

     “I’m fine. I was just up late studying for a test I have later today.” Mellissa said as she got up and then had to let Lexi steady her before she fell over again. It soon cleared and Lexi let go again. “Thanks’ for not letting me fall over.” Mellissa added with a smile.

    Lexi could see that there was a lot more to this girl than what you saw on the surface. She looked at Lexi with real thanks before the mask came down again and she pushed back from her and then looked at the principal with the same attitude she had when Lexi first met her.

    Mellissa grabbed her bag and then left the room to get to her first class of the day. Lexi let her go so she could have a chat with Mrs Lawson before she went to keep an eye on Mellissa. Lana, Bill and Ted were keeping an eye on her using the cameras around the school and also using the tracking device that was now in her body.

    Lexi spent the day following Mellissa around as she went from class to class. Lexi could see that all Mellissa wanted to do was learn her lessons and get good grades from it. Lexi was shocked when she saw Mellissa go and sit with Tim at lunch time under a tree to eat their lunch. Lexi was reminded of the times she’d sat with Alice, and then Alice and Sarah later on. Lexi waved at Tim when she saw him wave at her with a smile. She walked over when she saw Tim wave her to join them both under the tree.

     “Is something wrong Tim?” Lexi asked as she got to where they were sat. Lexi noticed that Mellissa didn’t look as pissed off anymore.

     “Do you want to join us for some lunch Lexi?” Tim asked. You look a little lonely sat over there all on your own.” He added as he patted the grass next to him.

     “I’m fine thank you Tim. I’m supposed to be working.” Lexi said as she turned to go back to the bench she’d been sat on.

     “I’d like it if you would join us Lexi?” Mellissa said with a puzzled look. “I thought your name was Becky?” She asked.

     “Thank you Mellissa.” Lexi smiled as she sat down with her legs tucked to one side. “My name is Lexi. I just made that name up to see if the woman in the office would say it.” Lexi giggled.

     “What’s so funny about Ms Becky Heaven?” Mellissa asked. She looked at Tim when he burst out laughing and spat food all over the grass in front of them. “What am I missing?” Mellissa whined as she looked at Tim this time.

     “She said her name was Ms B Heaven.” Tim said quickly enough for Mellissa to understand the joke.

     “Oh I get it now.” Mellissa giggled as she put her hand up to her mouth to stop from spilling the food in her mouth. “That was funny.” She added as she relaxed a little more.

     “Here you go Lexi, I hope you don’t mind tuna sandwiches?” Tim asked as he let Lexi take a sandwich from his lunch box.

     “Thanks Tim, that’s really sweet of you, but can you spare it?” Lexi asked before taking one.

     “Sure, I always make too much for myself.” Tim smiled. “It’s also a thank you for helping me out with the goon twins this morning.” He added with a roll of his eyes.

     “Yes thanks for helping Tim out this morning. He told me what you did for him.” Mellissa said with a warm smile. “And I’m sorry for looking like a bitch in Lawson’s office, but I have an image to maintain.” She added with a grin.

     “No need to apologise to me, I fully understand the need to protect a friend.” Lexi smiled as she ate her sandwich. “So how did you two become such good friends then?” Lexi asked hoping for a good story.

     “Tim was a big help when my mum died.” Mellissa said as she held his hand and smiled at him warmly.

     “We helped each other Mellissa.” Tim smiled back. “We were both in a dark place, and we just found each other.” Tim said with a shrug.

     “I realised just how empty my life was and Tim was a true friend to me when I needed it the most, so I dumped all the cheerleading and hanging with the pretty girls to really learn something. Tim’s been helping me to get my grades up to the same level as his.” She added with a grin.

     “If that’s the case, then how come you keep getting in trouble?” Lexi asked with a puzzled look.

     “My old friends think I’ve sold out, so take all the opportunities they can to get me in trouble, or they pick on Tim if they can’t get at me.” Mellissa scowled.

     “I had a friend back in school just like that.” Lexi said with a giggle. She went on to tell Mellissa and Tim all about Alex and how he use to do things to protect his sister, but left out all the dressing up out of it.

    Mellissa and Tim giggled at some of the things he’d done to save his sister, they soon stopped giggling thought when Tim asked what happened to him and she told them he died in prison after being set up for something he never did.

    Lunchtime ended before Lexi could say anymore, but Tim and Mellissa were happy to let Lexi walk to class with them both. Mellissa had stopped trying to keep a distance from her. Lexi waited for Mellissa and Tim to go into class before she got her mobile out to make it look like she was on it while she spoke with Lana.

     “Lana I need you to start keeping an eye on Tim as well while I’m here at the school.” Lexi told her.

     “Tim isn’t the mission Lexi. Keep your mind on the target.” Lana warned her.

     “Keeping an eye on Tim will help me keep an eye on Mellissa.” Lexi informed her. “I think there is more going on here than you realise.” Lexi added.

    Lana did as Lexi asked and they managed to stop Tim getting picked on a couple of times, and they even foiled a plan for some of Mellissa’s old friends to soak the two of them. Lexi and all the other students laughed as three girls ran down the hallway dripping wet after Lexi pushed them through a doorway before Tim and Mellissa went through it.

     “Why do I get the feeling that we would have got that if not for you Lexi?” Mellissa whispered in her ear.

     “I have no idea what you’re talking about.” Lexi said with a grin as she let Mellissa and Tim lead the way to their next class.

    Tim and Mellissa had a lot of classes together, so it made it easy for Lexi to keep an eye on both of them. Word soon got around the school that Mellissa had a bodyguard, but most just laughed when they saw a five foot five inch tall blonde haired woman following Mellissa around.

    Lexi was going to drive Mellissa home at the end of the day, but she said she’d walk with Tim if that was okay? Lexi said it wasn’t, so she offered Tim a lift home as well.

     “Wow! This is one nice ride you have Lexi.” Tim said as he got in the back and let Mellissa get in the front passenger seat next to Lexi who was now behind the wheel revving it up.

     “It is a nice car Lexi.” Mellissa said as she put her seatbelt on. “Please don’t take this the wrong way Lexi, but you don’t look like much of a bodyguard to me. Will you be able to protect me if any trouble started?” Mellissa asked looking worried as much for Lexi’s safety as her own.

     “Trust me Mellissa, I can do my job just fine, but let’s hope you never have to find out.” Lexi said with a grin, not bothered at all by her comment. Lexi liked the fact that she didn’t look like a bodyguard, or some hired muscle to be used to scare people off.

    Lexi dropped Mellissa off at home first and made sure the guards at her home were doing their job before she drove Tim to his house just down the road. “Do you want to come in for a drink while you wait for the traffic to die down a little bit?” Tim asked, hoping that Lexi would say yes and visit for a while.

     “Sure, I don’t fancy battling my way back through all that traffic anyway.” Lexi said as she looked at the time and saw that all the other kids and parents would be battling home with their kids right now. Lexi also wanted to implant Tim with a tracking device just like Mellissa now had in her.

    Tim let them both in and then led the way to the kitchen where he told her to take a seat while he sorted out a couple of cold cans for them both. “Would you like a cookie to go with it Lexi?” Tim asked with a smile.

     “Sure, sounds like a great idea Tim.” Lexi smiled back as she watched him jump up and run over to a cupboard.

    While Tim’s back was turned she slipped a little pill in his can of soda and then sat back to wait for him to take a sip and pass out. He returned to the table with a cookie jar and placed it in the middle of the table for them to share.

     “What time will your mum and dad be home Tim?” Lexi asked just before taking a bite from her cookie.

     “It’s just me and my mum, but she won’t be home until late.” Tim said with a sigh. “I never knew my dad.” Tim added with another sigh.

     “Do you get on okay with your mum then Tim?”

     “Yes, but I feel like I’m holding her back when it comes to finding a new man. They take one look at me, and then she never sees them again after that.” Tim chuckled just before taking a long sip from his soda can.

    Lexi felt bad for drugging him, but she wanted to be able to track him down just in case the one failed in Mellissa and they both got taken by the bad guys. Lexi ran around the table and caught Tim before he fell off his chair and hurt himself. She carried him into the living room and lay him down on the sofa in there before she got the injection pen out her purse and injected a tracker into his thigh, just like she did with Mellissa this morning.

     “Lana, I need a check on the second tracking device.” Lexi asked the empty room as she looked down at Tim still fast asleep.

     “Tracker live and being received loud and clear G.” Lana’s voice came back in her ear. “You going to hang around and see that he’s okay when he wakes Lexi?” Lana asked with some worry in her voice for the young man now flat out on the sofa.

     “Yes I am. His mum won’t be back until later, and I was going to see what I could throw together as a meal for him and his mum when she gets home later.” Lexi said with a smile as she walked back into the kitchen. “How are Sarah and Alice doing at college by the way?” Lexi asked as she looked in the fridge and the cupboards.

     “It’s going great, but Alice has already had arguments with two of the teachers about subject matter she knows to be wrong.” Lana giggled. “Sarah is just trying to get use to being back at college again.” Lana added.

     “Back at college? I thought she never went in the first place?” Lexi asked.

     “She didn’t G. It was just a slip of the tongue.” Lana replied with a nervous giggle.

    Lexi could tell she was lying to her, and she pointed this out. “I know you’re lying to me Lana. I looked up Sarah’s details on your computer and I found that Sarah has a six month gap in her history around the same time she would have started college after leaving school.”

     “Just let it go Lexi. Trust me on this one please.” Lana pleaded. “Nothing good will come from you finding anything out.” Lana added.

     “I will find out what happened in those six months Lana.” Lexi warned.

     “Well if you do it won’t be from me.” Lana shot back. “If you feel the need to know that badly though Lexi, please sit and ask Sarah to tell you about it.” Lana added with even more pleading in her voice.

     “Okay, I promise to sit and talk to Sarah first, but if she won’t tell me, then I will find out my own way.” Lexi warned her back.

     “Okay G You can’t be fairer than that.” Lana said with a sigh. “I better let you go and sort out some dinner for Tim and his mum.” Lana added before the coms went quiet again.

    Lexi had a feeling that Sarah had gone through something pretty nasty for Lana to beg her to let it go. This just made Lexi want to find out even more. Lana also sounded worried that Lexi might do something silly when she found out judging by her tone of voice just now on the ear wig.

    Tim staggered back into the kitchen ten minutes later still looking half asleep still. “What happened to me?” He asked just before taking a seat at the kitchen table again.

     “You passed out at the table, so I took you into the living room and laid you on the sofa for a bit.” Lexi said as she walked over with a glass of water for him. She’d got rid of the soda she’d laced down the sink. “You feeling okay again now?” Lexi asked looking worried.

     “I still feel a little sleepy, but it’s clearing a little now.” Tim said as he rubbed the sleep from his eyes. “I’ve got no idea what came over me.” He added with a puzzled look.

     “Could have been the sun getting to you Tim, or just the excitement of having a pretty woman in your house.” Lexi giggled as she struck a sexy pose for him.

    Tim just started giggling as he watched Lexi play around. Lexi noticed that it was almost like a girl’s giggle he had, and he wore his hair long, but tied back in a low ponytail. Lexi then watched the way he picked up his glass of water and drank from it. All the actions were them of a girl more than a boy.

     “Could he be like I was at his age?” Lexi thought to herself. Lexi was snapped out of her thought when she heard Tim speak to her.

     “Something smells good, what you making?” Tim asked.

     “Just a chilli for you and your mum.” Lexi smiled. “I hope you both like chilli?” Lexi asked.

     “My mum and I love chilli Lexi! She just doesn’t get time to make it much these days.” Tim sighed. “She’s working two jobs now, so she can put some money away so I can go to college when I leave school. I offered to get a part time job to help out, but she said I need to focus on my school work.” Tim added like it was a bad idea, but Lexi knew that his mum just wanted him to have a better life than she must have had.

     “She’s only trying to do what’s best for you Tim. She sounds like a wise woman.” Lexi smiled as she stroked the side of his face.

     “She’s amazing, and always has a smile on her face when she gets home.” Tim said with a grin. “She’s like my best friend as well as my mum.” He added.

     “I hope I get to meet her one day then Tim.” Lexi said looking proud.

    Lexi stopped long enough to make sure that Tim was fully recovered from the sleeping drug and then she told him what to do with the Chilli, and when it would be ready to eat. Tim said he would wait and eat when his mum got home. Lexi said that he could take credit for cooking the chilli, but he said that would be wrong.

     “Would you like a lift into school tomorrow morning?” Lexi asked as she stepped out the front door.

     “I don’t want to put you to any trouble Lexi.” Tim said as he looked out at the road where the black mustang was parked. “But I would love to go in your car again.” He added with a grin.

     “I’ll pick you up in the morning then.” Lexi smiled. She sorted out a time to pick him up, then she went to her car and left.

    Lexi did a quick drive past Mellissa’s before heading towards the freeway and the airport where the complex was. “Lana you still on coms?” Lexi asked as she pulled up just down the road form Mellissa’s home.

     “Yep still here G.” Lana’s voice sang out like a soft musical note. “What can I help you with?” She asked.

     “Just want to make sure Mellissa is still at home before I head back to base?” Lexi asked.

     “Yep she’s still at home and Tim is still at his house as well, so it’s safe to come home where you can make us some of the wonderful chilli of yours.” Lana giggled.

     “I sometimes wonder if the only reason you keep me around is for my cooking skills.” Lexi giggled as she pulled off and headed for the freeway and home.

*****

    Lana was just leaving the computer room when she saw Alice and Sarah get back from college. Alice ran over and wrapped her arms around Lana before kissing her. “I’ve missed you so much today baby.” Alice said as she started kissing her again.

     “And I thought you might have found yourself a nice boy to keep you warm at nights.” Lana said with a grin when they finally stopped kissing.

     “Why would I want a boy when I have you to keep me warm?” Alice pouted.

     “Good answer cutie.” Lana said with a grin.

     “How’s the mission going? Has she made any of the boys cry yet?” Alice asked with a grin.

     “No, but she’s made a couple of friends already, and I think she’s found a kindred spirit in a young boy called Tim.” Lana said with a raised eyebrow.

     “Really? Is Tim one of the two new friends as well then?” Alice asked.

     “Yes and the other one is Mellissa the target she’s playing bodyguard to.” Lana said.

     “Really, I thought this Mellissa was a cheerleader and queen bitch of the school?” Alice asked with a shocked look.

     “She use to be, but she lost her mother just over two years ago, and now she’s a straight A student that doesn’t hang out with the old crowd any more.” Lana answered with a shrug.

     “Is she on her way back now?” Sarah asked, just wanting to wrap her arms around Lexi and hug her like Alice was hugging Lana right now.

     “Yes she should be here any minute now. Bill and Ted were just helping her lose a police car when I left the coms room.” Lana giggled.

     “She’s going to run out of luck one of these days doing that.” Sarah said with a roll of her eyes.

     “Not with Bill and Ted being her luck factor.” Lana said with a grin. “Lexi is going to make Chilli for dinner when she gets here.” Lana added with an even bigger grin.

     “Does Lexi make a good chilli then Lana?” Sarah asked.

     “The best I’ve ever tasted.” Lana said with a dreamy look on her face. “Bill and Ted love it as well, so they will get her home in one piece.” She added with a giggle.

     “I’ve loved everything else she’s cooked for me, so I can’t see this being any different.” Sarah said as she started to think about eating some of Lexi’s chilli while looking at Lexi sat next to her. Sarah was snapped out of her daydreaming when Lana spoke to her.

     “Sarah, can I have a quick word with you in private?” Lana asked. “I won’t be long Alice, and then I’ll help you take a shower and remove that mask, so I can look at the real you.” Lana added just before kissing Alice on the lips again.

    Alice smiled and then ran off to get the shower started and also remove the mask that she’d forgotten she was wearing. Lana smiled as she watched Alice run down the hallway and around a corner before she led Sarah over to a side room so they could sit down and have a chat about whatever it was bothering her.

     “What’s the problem Lana?” Sarah asked looking worried. “Have I slipped up at college today?” She added.

     “No nothing like that Sarah, but you may have a problem with Lexi.” Lana said looking worried now. “She’s been looking at the file we have on you and she’s noticed a six month spot where there have no record of what you were doing.” Lana added looking even more worried now.

    Sarah had gone pale as well, she knew what six months Lana was talking about, and she was hoping Lexi would never find out about it. “I don’t want Lexi to know about that Lana.” Sarah said close to tears now.

     “I think you should sit her down and explain what happened Sarah, or she will go and find out for herself, and I think it would be better coming from you than finding out another way.” Lana said as she pulled a worried shaking Sarah into a hug.

     “What if she hates me when I tell her Lana? I don’t want to lose her over it all.” Sarah sobbed.

     “You will never lose Lexi again Sarah. She is one of the few that will understand how you feel.” Lana said in a soothing voice as she rocked Sarah in her arms.

     “Okay I’ll tell her, but not until she’s finished this mission and we have a little time together.” Sarah said as she pulled herself together again.

     “I’ll explain this to her and she will be happy to do that Sarah.” Lana said as she stood up and helped Sarah to her feet as well. They walked together over to the apartments and Lana gave Sarah a hug before she went to help Alice get clean before dinner.

    Sarah went into her and Lexi’s apartment and was just getting undressed when she saw Lexi enter the bathroom. They hugged each other and kissed before Sarah watched Lexi remove the mask and then pulled Sarah into the shower with her.

    They showered and then got dressed in bathrobes before going to the kitchen to make a start on dinner. Lexi got Sarah to help her, so she could learn to cook as well as what she could. Sarah was glad of the distraction tonight, and they talked about Sarah’s first day at college while they worked on dinner. Lana and Alice joined them, but Alice was happy to sit with Lana and watch the other two work on dinner.

    Bill and Ted turned up just after Lana called them on her mobile and they all sat down to enjoy the chilli with some fresh bread that Lexi grabbed on her way home. Lana and Alice got out some tubs of ice cream for dessert and they all giggled as Alice and Sarah told them some of the funny things they did through the day.

    Lexi told Alice and Sarah about her day and how Mellissa was now trying to keep Tim safe just like she used to do with Alice back in school. Lexi also pulled up some images of Tim and how much like a girl he acted and the trouble it kept getting him in.

     “I’m sure if anyone can help put him on the right track it will be you sis.” Alice smiled as she reached over and held Lexi’s hand.

    Lana made them all laugh when she gave Alice and Sara a word for word account of what Lexi said to the two guys that were picking on Tim when Lexi first met him.

    They all finally called it a day and went to bed. Bill and Ted wandered off to their room while Lana dragged a grinning Alice away to their room next door after making plans to all get up and go swimming the next morning before breakfast.

    Lexi and Sarah finally got to sleep after a long passionate love making session. Lexi fell asleep cuddled up to Sarah with a smile on her face.

 

To Be Continued Tomorrow  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Really?!?!

Ms B Heaven nice bond movie name. couldn't stop laughing. still luaghing about it. thanks. i love all of your stories. :)

Sad Realization

As I opened this chapter I realized sadly that there are only 4 more chapter left (at least in book 1). That is sad, unless there are Books 2, 3 4, etc.

Great story. Can't wait for her to demonstrate her bodyguard skills. Hopefully, Tim and Melissa will become part of the team.

As always,

Dru

As always,

Dru

still reading

Sarah,i'm still reading, and still loving it. "always looking for more of this story".

ROO Roo1.jpg

ROO

Hope Tim and Melissa have skills Bob can use

Though I think they are a bit young at this point so I doubt the team thing is gonna happen.

You can't protect everyone so I hope Tim learns how to defend himself. That is the real solution imho.

Kim

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 11.

Wondering if Tim will learn how to deal with bullies.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

OOps!

Doublw post!