Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 13.

Printer-friendly version

Project Guardian.

Book one: Angel

By SaraUK

 

Chapter 13 of 15

Synopsis:

How far would you be willing to go to protect your sister? Find out how far one brother's willing to, to protect his sister.


Story:

    Mellissa and Tim were both sat on the front step outside the house when Lexi pulled up in front of the house. Lexi couldn’t help but look at the deferent’s she saw in the two kids this morning to how they had looked last night when she followed them around the mall.

    Lexi had grabbed pizza on the way back to base and then sat with Sarah, Lana, Alice, Bill and Ted while they all ate, and talked about the best way to handle the information Lexi now knew. They had talked through different ideas, but in the end they thought it best to just pretend they didn’t know anything about it.

     “How would you have felt if a woman had become your friend as Alex back in high school, and then suddenly told you she knew all about Alexis?” Sarah had asked Lexi.

     “I’d have been freaked out.” Lexi said. “It was bad enough when you turned round and said you knew about her.” Lexi added as she thought back to the night they went to the movies and then Sarah told her and Alice she knew about Alexis.

    Lexi had been wearing a special pair of glasses while she followed Tammy and Mellissa around the mall with a camera built into them. Ted logged into the coms room computer system and pulled up some of the footage of the two girls shopping, so Alice and Sarah could see what they looked like. Ted also showed them footage of the two kids at school as well, so they could see how different they both looked.

     “So one of them Goth’s is really a boy?” Sarah asked as she looked closer, trying to work out which one. “Well they’ve got me stumped.” Sarah added after looking for a couple of minutes.

     “Tammy is the one in purple Saz.” Lexi told her. “The only reason I know that is because I got close enough at one point to overhear Mellissa call her that while Tammy just kept calling the other one Mellissa.” Lexi added.

     “I use to think you did a good job looking like Alice, but what they have done is pretty amazing.” Sarah said looking impressed.

    Lexi was snapped out of her daydreaming when Tim opened the passenger door and slipped into the back seat just before Mellissa got in the front. “Morning Lexi!” Tim said with a smile as he got in.

     “Morning Tim, morning Mellissa.” Lexi smiled as she gave them both another quick look over.

     “Morning Lexi. Is everything alright?” Mellissa asked looking worried as she looked at herself and then Tim. Mellissa had seen the odd way Lexi had been looking at them both.

     “Yes, I’m fine Mellissa. I was just thinking over some work related stuff.” Lexi giggled.

     “Wouldn’t that mean you were thinking about stuff to do with me?” Mellissa asked with even more worry in her voice.

     “I can see your point Mellissa, but I do have other things to worry about apart from you.” Lexi smiled. “Or should I be worried about something?” Lexi asked with a raised eyebrow.

     “No, no, nothing going on here Lexi.” Mellissa giggled and relaxed again.

    Lexi drove them both to school and parked up like she had the past couple of days, but Peter and Kenneth were both stood waiting for Tim when they got out the car.

     “I hope you boy’s aren’t looking for trouble?” Lexi asked as she stepped between the two boys and Tim.

     “N... No ma’am. I just wanted to ask Tim if he could help me with some homework I’ve been having trouble with.” Kenneth said as he held up a folder. “Pete told me how Tim had helped him work something out, and I was hoping he could help me out too?” Kenneth added as he lowered the folder to cover his privates.

     “You don’t have to help him Tim if you don’t want to.” Mellissa said with anger in her voice. “Not after the way they’ve treated you all this time.” She added as she looked at Kenneth and then Peter.

     “I know you’ve got every right to tell me to take a walk, and I’d understand if you did Tim, but all I can say is sorry for being such a jerk to you all this time.” Kenneth said with some pleading in his voice for Tim to help him out.

     “I’ll help you out Ken, but you have to promise me that you won’t start picking on me again when Lexi stops protecting Mel?” Tim asked.

     “I don’t pick on friends, and I won’t let anyone else pick on them either.” Ken said with determination in his voice.

     “The same goes for me too Tim.” Pete said with the same determination in his voice.

     “Okay then, let’s go and sit over here.” Tim said as he led the way over to a group of tables that they had outside for the kids to sit on while having their lunch outside while the weather was nice. “We have some time before homeroom.” Tim added as he looked at his watch.

     “Thanks Tim, you’re a life saver.” Ken said with a sigh as he followed Tim and Mellissa over to the table and took a seat.

    Lexi followed behind while keeping an eye out for trouble, but also keeping an eye on Ken and Pete to make sure this wasn’t some trick they had planned out. Lexi dismissed that idea as being well beyond what they could think up, but Alex and Alice had once been outsmarted by Tiffany and Matt, so she wasn’t going to rule anything out at this point.

    Tim started to help Ken with his problem, but the subject Ken was having trouble with wasn’t one of Tim’s best subjects either, so they were all having a little trouble with it until Lexi stepped in to help them out. All four kids sat with their mouths open as Lexi explained the reason they were all having trouble with the subject, and then she showed them an easy way to solve it.

    Lexi stopped speaking when she realised that all four of them were sat looking at her. “What?” Lexi asked with a puzzled look.

     “What do you mean what?” Mellissa answered for the group. “You look amazing, you can fight like Jackie Chan, and now you show us that you have a mega brain to go with it.” Melissa added. “Next you’ll be telling us that you can cook too.” Mellissa giggled.

    Lexi went to say something but stopped herself, not wanting to show off too much.

     “You can cook too can’t you?” Mellissa asked with a frown.

    Lexi just gave a weak smile as she nodded her head up and down. “I’m a girl of many talents.” She shrugged.

    Before any of the others could say anything, Lexi heard Lana’s voice in her ear. “Watch out Lexi, a couple of boys are planning something just behind you, using a football.”

    Lexi turned just in time to see one of the boys Lana had been speaking about throw a football right at her. Lexi caught the ball so fast that no one could believe it, and the boy that threw it thought it had hit Lexi right in the face. He soon stopped cheering himself when he realised that no one else was cheering with him.

     “Sorry babe! My hand slipped.” The boy said trying to look tough in front of his friends.

     “I’m glad you don’t play on the football team with a throw that bad.” Lexi giggled.

     “I do play on the team!” The boy said looking hurt at her comment as everyone started laughing at him.

     “Oh, sorry about that then.” Lexi said, but not looking sorry at all. “Would you like your ball back now then?” Lexi asked as she went to throw it back to him.

     “Sure, but don’t break a nail.” He laughed, trying to save face with his friends.

    Lexi smiled an evil smile as she threw the ball wide of the boy, bouncing it off a pole and sending it back towards him from another angle. The boy turned to see where the ball had gone just as he went to say something sexist to her. This all stopped though when he was hit in the face by the ball and knocked to the ground from the impact. Lexi ran over to help the boy up while all his friends and most the school looked on laughing at him as he staggered over to a bench and sat down.

     “I’m so sorry about that. I really do throw like a girl don’t I?” Lexi said looking all flustered, but not really feeling sorry or flustered. Lexi leaned in so only the boy could hear her. “Don’t call me babe” Lexi growled in his ear before moving her head away and looking all flustered again.

    The boy just looked at Lexi in shock as it dawned on him that she had known just what she was doing, and could have thrown the ball right at him if she’d wanted to. The look in Lexi’s eyes was daring him to say something out loud; He just went back to worrying about his bloody nose and whether or not she’d broken it.

    Lexi almost skipped back to the table where Mellissa, Tim, Ken and Pete were still sat looking at the boy sat at another table nursing his bloody nose. “Do you all understand the subject now?” Lexi asked like they had never been interrupted in the first place.

    All four of them nodded as they kept looking over at the boy now being helped up so he could be taken to see the nurse. “Why do I get the feeling that you meant for that throw to do that Lexi?” Mellissa asked.

     “Do you realise how smart you would have to be to calculate a shot like that Mellissa?” Tim said as he looked at Mellissa.

     “Yes I do Tim.” Mellissa said as she tapped the folders they had out on the table still.

    Tim had to slap his hand over his mouth to stop a very girly sounding giggle getting out as he realised what Mellissa was getting at. He just looked at Lexi as he pointed at the boy being taken into the school by a friend. Lexi just let a grin spread across her face as she winked at him. This just made Tim want to giggle even more.

    Ken and Pete looked a little puzzled at the way Tim sounded when he giggled, but didn’t say anything about it. They did look impressed with the throw Lexi had used to shut up the other boy. They already knew what Lexi was capable of after she sorted them out the day before.

    It was soon time to start the school day, so Lexi let them get to class while she kept an eye out for any sign of trouble. Lexi had a pretty good idea that no one would try anything at the school. Too much press coverage involved.

    Lexi had a little iPad that she could watch Mellissa and Tim on while letting them get on with their school work, so she could keep a safe distance. She met up with them at lunchtime and once again Tim shared his lunch with her.

     “So how did the two of you become friends then?” Lexi asked thinking it was a harmless question. The worried look Mellissa and Tim gave each other said it was anything but a harmless question.

     “It’s a little complicated to explain Lexi.” Tim said in a whisper. “I don’t think you’d understand any of it if I told you.” He added with worry in his voice.

     “I think you should let him know that you know about Tammy, and you’re okay with it Lexi.” Lana’s voice said in her ear.

     “Are you sure that’s wise Lana?” Lexi asked. “I thought we said...” Was all Lexi got out before Lana spoke again.

     “I know what we said, but he’s hurting for some reason, and you can help him find out that he’s not the only one to go through any of this.” Lana said. “Just don’t give him any details about your past that he could track down on the net.” Lana warned.

     “What’s Lana telling you to do Lexi?” Mellissa asked. Tim was just sat looking down at the grown to afraid to look Lexi in the eyes.

     “Does the two of you being friends have anything to do with Tammy?” Lexi asked, blanking the question Mellissa just asked as it would all become clear in a minute what Lana was talking to her about.

    Tim’s head shot up and him and Mellissa had matching looks on their faces as they waited for Lexi to start laughing at Tim, but they soon looked puzzled when Lexi just sat waiting for an answer. “Well does it?” Lexi finally asked when she saw that Tim and Mellissa had been struck dumb all of a sudden.

     “How do you know about Tammy?” Tim asked in a shaky voice close to tears.

     “I asked you a question first?” Lexi said with a girly whine. Even under these circumstances Mellissa and Tim had to giggle at the way Lexi said it.

     “Yes Mellissa and I became friends because of Tammy.” Tim finally said with a sigh like it had been a deep breath he’d been holding in forever.

    Lexi smiled at the fact Tim had answered her question, so she now answered his. “I followed you last night when you went to the mall window shopping.”

     “You did?” Mellissa asked. “We never saw you.” She added with a puzzled look.

     “I wouldn’t be very good at my job if you did now would I?” Lexi asked with a grin. “I thought you both looked very different last night. Is that your normal look when you go out together as Tammy and Mellissa?” Lexi asked.

     “Yes it is. Tammy was dressed like that when we first met.” Mellissa said as she looked at Tim and smiled. “Tammy saved my life and we’ve been best friends ever since.” Mellissa added with a tear in her eye.

     “Sounds like quite a story.” Lexi said as she looked at her watch. “We have some time so spill the beans.” Lexi added with a grin.

     “You don’t mind about what I do Lexi?” Tim asked.

     “Nope, why should I?” Lexi asked. “I have some experience in this sort of thing, so I may be able to help you deal with it Tim.” Lexi added as she reached over and took hold of Tim’s hand in a friendly way as she smiled at him.

     “You have a friend that likes to dress like a girl?” Tim asked looking excited to find out more details about it.

     “Yes I do, and he is now a she.” Lexi said.

     “That’s what I want when I’m eighteen. Please tell me all about it and how you friend likes being a complete woman now?” Tim asked all excited still.

     “Hey! Not fair Tim, I asked you first.” Lexi pouted. “You tell me how you and Mellissa became friends and I’ll tell you about my friend.” Lexi added as she held out her hand to shake on it with Tim.

     “Deal!” Tim said as he quickly shook Lexi’s hand. “Are you still close friends Lexi?” Tim asked.

     “Yes we’re still very close friends Tim.” Lexi said with a smile. “Okay then let’s hear how the two of you became thick as thief’s?” Lexi asked as she got a little more comfortable on the grass under the tree where they were sat.

     “I think I better start Lexi.” Mellissa said with a sad look.

     “Are you sure you want to tell her Mel?” Tim asked looking worried for his friend. Mellissa just nodded as she took hold of Tim’s other hand for moral support.

     “I’d just come back to school after my mother’s death and I was having trouble dealing with everything. My step dad seemed angry that I was still alive, and my so called friends here at school couldn’t care less about anything past the next party or trend.” Mellissa said with a sigh. “I was just getting more and more depressed with life, so I started looking at all the different ways I could end it all and join mummy.” She added as she started crying now and Tim pulled her into a hug.

     “I was out window shopping at the mall when I saw Mellissa arguing with a couple of the girls she hung out with at school.” Tim carried on telling the story. “They said some pretty nasty things to Mellissa and I saw how hard it had hit her and I was worried about Mel, so I followed her to make sure she wasn’t going to do anything silly.” Tim added as he stroked Mellissa’s hair while she sobbed in his arms.

     “I followed her onto a bridge where she looked down onto the freeway. I watched as she started to climb up on to it and I just ran over and pulled her down off it and hugged her.” Tim said as he tightened his grip on Mellissa.

     “So you saved Mellissa’s life even though you were risking being outed as a cross dresser?” Lexi looked amazed as she asked it.

     “Mellissa asked me the same thing when she found out who I was, and I’ll tell you the same thing.” Tim said with a smile. “I can live with being labelled a freak, but I couldn’t live with being able to stop her killing herself and not having done it.” He added with a smile.

    Mellissa had stopped crying and was now giggling a little as she thought back to their first meeting on the bridge. “I had no idea who it was at first, I still didn’t remember him after he said we had a couple of classes together, but he still risked everything to stop me killing myself that night.” Mellissa said with a smile as she looked at Tim. “All I saw was a cute little gothic looking girl wearing a red t-shirt with a silver gothic looking cross printed on the front and she was also wearing a cute little tartan skirt with fishnets on her legs and pink work boots on her feet. Her makeup looked a little scary, but the eyes said that she was worried about me and she knew my name.” Mellissa added with a distant look in her eyes, like she was remembering that first meeting again.

     “So how did you get from that first meeting to being at the mall together last night?” Lexi asked.

     “Tammy took me back to her house where we sat and talked for hours. I found out that Tim had come close to killing himself, but his mum found out about it and she helped him come to terms with what he was and his need to dress like a girl.” Mellissa said.

     “So your mum knows all about Tammy then?” Lexi asked.

     “Yes mummy found a letter I’d been writing, explaining the reason for me having to leave her. She said that as long as I was happy, then she could cope with anyway I wanted to look or dress.” Tim said. “Mummy and I have lots of fun going out dressed as mother and daughter.” Tim added with a grin.

     “What about the gothic look, do you like dressing that way?” Lexi asked.

     “Yes I do, so does Mellissa.” Tim giggled. “Everyone thinks were a couple of trouble makers so they keep away from us while we’re out and about.” Tim added with even more giggles.

     “Has anyone worked out who you are while you’ve been out dressed?” Lexi asked.

     “Nope. We even bumped into my old friends from school and they never realised who I was, or who Tammy really was.” Mellissa giggled. “We even made them run away screaming we were going to beat them up when I went Boo!” Mellissa added with more giggling from the two of them as they remembered the memory.

     “I don’t remember seeing anything in your file Tim about you seeing a doctor about your gender issues.” Lexi said when the two of them stopped giggling.

     “I’ve not seen one yet Lexi, but my mum has me taking some blockers to stop me going through any form of male puberty.” Tim said looking a little worried again now. “I think you should sit down and talk with my mum about all this Lexi. I’m not sure if I’ll get mum in trouble for talking to you about all this.” Tim added.

     “I can understand that Tim, and I’ll have a word with her and see if I can offer any advice that may help you and your mother out.” Lexi smiled.

     “So you don’t think I’m weird or a freak?” Tim asked looking worried still.

     “Yes I think you’re weird, but you’re a teenager, they’re all weird to me.” Lexi giggled.

     “Hey! You still look like a teenager yourself Lexi, so you haven’t got room to speak.” Tim giggled as he playfully slapped her on the arm.

     “Complements will get you everywhere.” Lexi said with a grin.

     “How old are you anyway Lexi?” Mellissa asked.

     “A lady never tells her age.” Lexi said in a posh voice as she stuck her nose up in the air. “But as I’m not a lady, I’ll tell you.” Lexi added with a giggle.

     “Well tell us then Lexi?” Mellissa asked as she playfully pushed Lexi.

     “I’m twenty three.” Lexi said. “I know I look much older than that, but I’ve had a tough life.” Lexi added with a sad look.

     “Older!? You don’t even look twenty Lexi!” Mellissa said looking shocked to hear that Lexi was twenty three. “I was thinking you were maybe eighteen at the most.” Mellissa added.

     “I was always small growing up, so it makes me look younger than I really am. That’s how I know how hard it is for you Tim.” Lexi said with a sad smile towards him.

    Tim looked at Lexi for a couple of minutes like he was trying to work something out, then he got a look of shock on his face as he started pointing at Lexi with a shaky finger like he’d just worked something out. “It’s you isn’t it. You’re her?” Tim asked.

     “Just who do you think I am Tim?” Lexi asked with a puzzled look, not having any idea what Tim was getting at.

     “Lexi is short for Alexis, which could be a female use for the name Alex, and that was the name of the boy you told us about the other day.” Tim said before needing to take a deep breath to put some air back in his lungs. “That means you’re the girl that used to be like me.” He added with some pleading in his voice to be right about all this.

     “That’s one smart kid.” Lana said in Lexi’s ear. “To work all that out from the little bits of information you gave him. It’s up to you how much you tell them Lexi.” Lana added.

    Lexi knew that even if Tim or Mellissa did a search on the internet, they wouldn’t find any info about Alex or Alice, thanks to Bill and Ted removing all of it years ago. Lexi still decided to keep it simple though. “Yes I use to be a boy called Alex, but you can’t ever tell anyone about it.” Lexi warned them both.

     “Who would ever believe us Lexi?” Mellissa asked still in shock at what Tim had just worked out.

     “Thanks Mellissa, it’s nice to know I look that good.” Lexi said with a grin.

    Tim was just sat there grinning at Lexi like she had just turned into the perfect Christmas present. “So I could really be a woman one day, just like you Lexi?” Tim asked.

     “Yes you could be a very pretty woman one day Tim.” Lexi said with a smile. She left out the bit about her being super strong and fast healing thanks to a secret mixture of drugs that had been given to her, and a year’s worth of surgery to make her an exact copy of her sister.

     “I thought you said that Alex died in prison?” Tim asked as he had a sudden thought back to what Lexi had said when telling them her story the other day.

     “I just said that to make it sound a little cooler, and he did die when I became Alexis.” She shrugged like it was no big deal.

    Lexi thought they must have brought it because they let it drop as Tim started asking Lexi question after question to do with the surgery. Lexi told him what she could, not sugar coating all the pain she was in when it was first done.

    Tim just sat there grinning as he thought about growing up to be a woman just like Mellissa would. Mellissa teased him about going out on dates with boys, but it didn’t seem to bother him, other than making him blush as he thought about having sex as a female. Lexi never had to worry about them feelings at Tim’s age, she was happy to be going out and having a good time with Alice.

    Lunchtime came to an end and Lexi walked Tim and Mellissa to their next class before she went for a wander around the school to make sure nothing looked out of place. Lana, Bill and Ted hadn’t seen anything, but it was better to look around and make sure herself.

    The afternoon classes passed without any trouble and Lexi took them home to Tim’s house. Tim’s mum was going to be working late so She said that she’d drop them off at school in the morning and then come back to have a chat with Maggie, Tim’s mum in the morning. Tim had promised to keep her secret from his mum until she’d had a chance to talk with her.

    Lexi left after making them promise not to go out shopping at the mall again tonight. They both agreed and said that Mum had asked them to sort out dinner to save her some time when she got home later. Lexi headed for home looking forward to spending some extra time cuddled up to Sarah on the sofa.

*****

    Mellissa and Tim weren’t on the doorstep when Lexi arrived to collect them the next morning, so she got out and went to the front door, but before she knocked Maggie opened it and stepped aside to let her enter.

     “Good morning Maggie, is everything alright?” Lexi asked looking worried when she saw the look on Maggie’s face.

     “I’m not sure Lexi.” Maggie said as she seemed to be trying to work something out for herself as she looked at Lexi. “Tim and Mellissa told me you found out about Tammy, and I want to know what you plan to do about it?” Maggie asked straight out.

    Lexi could tell that Maggie had a fiery temper to go with the flaming red locks she had, Lexi liked that about her. “I plan to drive them to school and then come back and have a chat with you about it and what I can do to help you help him.” Lexi smiled. “I like Tim and Mellissa very much, and I would like to help Tim become Tammy if that is what he really wants.” Lexi added.

    Maggie relaxed when she saw that Lexi really did want to help her son. “I’ll have a couple of mugs of coffee ready when you get back then.” Maggie said with a grin.

     “No sugar in mine please, I’m trying to watch my figure.” Lexi said striking a sexy pose just before she started giggling.

    This soon had Maggie giggling as well. “I bet you have plenty of men doing that for you?” Maggie asked as she giggled some more.

     “I bet you get your fair share Maggie?” Lexi giggled.

     “I use to, but I spend too many hours working these days to notice, or even go out on a date.” Maggie said with a sigh.

     “I better get Tim and Mellissa to school before they end up being late.” Lexi said as she saw the time was getting on. “I’ll be back shortly, and we can talk some more.” Lexi said as she gave Maggie a quick hug before going to shout Mellissa and Tim.

    They were already stood in the hallway, so she let them lead the way out to the car while Maggie stood on the doorstep waving to them all. Lexi soon had them at school where she walked them to their homeroom and made sure they would be okay for a couple of hours before she got back in her car and drove back to have a drink and a chat with Maggie about Tim.

    Tim had told Lexi while she drove them to school that he had only said that Lexi knew about Tammy, and that she has a friend that went through the same thing he was. Lexi pulled up outside the house and went up to the house where Maggie was stood with the door open to let her in.

    Lexi walked into the living room and sat down on the sofa while Maggie went to finish making the drinks. Maggie soon returned with two mugs of coffee and placed one of them down on the coffee table in front of Lexi. “Before you say anything Lexi, I want to explain the reason for doing what I did with Tim, or Tammy as she is known most the time when not at school.”

     “You really don’t ne...” Lexi started to say, but stopped when Maggie held up her hand to stop her speaking.

     “I want to Lexi, or more to the point I need to talk to someone about it all.” Maggie said with tears in her eyes. “Tammy told me that she told you about the letter I found?” Maggie asked.

     “Yes, she said that you found a letter she’d wrote explaining why she couldn’t go on living a lie, so she was going away.” Lexi said with a lump in her throat at the thought of a world without Tim/Tammy in it.

     “Yes it was a shock to read that your only child was in so much pain that he was about to take his own life.” Maggie said with a heartbreaking sob. “I was angry with myself at first for not seeing the pain he was in, but as soon as he got home from school that night I showed him the letter and we hugged as he spilled his heart to me.” Maggie let Lexi sit next to her so she could be hugged while she sobbed.

     “Am I the first person you’ve been able to speak to about this?” Lexi asked as she hugged Maggie.

     “Yes, I’ve been too scared that someone would take Tammy away from me if I talked to them about it all.” Maggie said as she sat up and wiped her eyes.

     “You could have taken him to see a doctor and had him on the right meds to help him grow up to be a pretty young woman one day, and then have surgery when he’s... Sorry, she’s eighteen.” Lexi explained that it wasn’t all doom and gloom like she thought. “Don’t get me wrong Maggie, it’s going to be hard work, but Tammy will pull through just fine with you and Mellissa to help her.” Lexi added with a smile.

     “Tammy said that you have a friend that’s like Tammy, does she look like a girl now? Can people tell that she wasn’t born that way?” Maggie asked.

     “I think she does.” Lexi said. “Just this morning she was complemented on how good she looks when she said she was watching her figure.” Lexi added with a grin as she saw the puzzled look on Maggie’s face turn to one of shock when she realised what Lexi was trying to say.

     “You? You were born a boy?” Maggie asked, still not believing what Lexi was trying to tell her.

     “I was labelled as a male at birth, but I was always different, just like Tim is.” Lexi smiled. “All I see in Tim is a girl fighting to get out, and I promise to help you and Tammy get to the point she needs to be.” Lexi added with her hand on her heart.

    Maggie gave Lexi a big hug to thank her for just being there, then they sat and talked some more about Tammy. “How did you cope with Tammy bringing Mellissa home the night she stopped her jumping off the bridge?” Lexi asked as she sat drinking her coffee.

     “I was scared for Tammy when she walked in propping up another young girl, but I soon brushed it all aside when Tammy told me what the poor child had been through, and what Tammy had just stopped her doing.” Maggie said with a hand on her heart to slow it back down again. “I still told Tammy off for going out dressed without me though. She was only supposed to go out as Tammy when I was with her.” Maggie added.

     “I gather you didn’t tell her off too much after what she did though?” Lexi asked with a sly smile. “Mellissa would have died if Tammy hadn’t gone out that night and stopped her.” Lexi added with a raised eyebrow.

     “I grounded her for a week, not that she went out anywhere in the first place.” Maggie giggled. “Mellissa started coming over after school every night after that anyway and soon Tammy had a little gothic sister to do stuff with.” Maggie added with some more giggling.

     “They do seem very close.” Lexi said. Lexi was worried about how Tim/Tammy would cope when Mellissa had to be taken away from here for her own protection from her step dad.

     “How much trouble is Mellissa really in Lexi?” Maggie asked looking worried. “Does it have anything to do with that evil man she’s living with?” Maggie added.

     “I can’t talk about it Maggie, but he’s not a very nice man is he?” Lexi asked.

     “I’ve only met him a hand full of times, but he talks to Mellissa like she was to blame for her mother’s death, and I think he hopes she will take her own life one day.” Maggie said with anger in her voice.

    Lexi didn’t quite know what to say to that comment, but maybe Maggie was closer to the truth than she could ever realise. “From what I’ve seen though, it may be necessary to remove Mellissa for her own safety at some point.” Lexi warned.

     “I never did trust that man.” Maggie said reading between the lines of what Lexi was getting at. Maggie looked worried when she suddenly realised what taking Mellissa away would mean to her and Tammy. “Will Tammy ever get to see Mellissa again if that happens Lexi?”

     “I couldn’t say at this point Maggie. It’s too early to tell.” Lexi shrugged. “I’ll do all I can to let Mellissa and Tammy remain friends if she does have to move away.” Lexi added, hopping she would be able to keep her word.

     “I’m sure you’ll do all you can Lexi.” Maggie smiled. “I’m sorry but I need to get ready for work now, or I’ll be late.” Maggie added as she saw the time.

     “I know you don’t have a car at the minute, so I can give you a lift if you would like?” Lexi asked. She found out from Bill and Ted that Maggie’s car had been broken into and stolen a couple of weeks back.

     “Thanks for the offer, but I wouldn’t want to put you out Lexi.” Maggie said as she got up and went to the kitchen to rinse the mugs out they’d just used.

     “It’s no trouble at all Maggie.” Lexi smiled as she waved off Maggie’s protest. “I’ll be out in the car waiting for you. I need to make a couple of calls anyway while I’m waiting for you.” Lexi added with a smile as she left the house to get an update on things from Lana.

     “Thanks Lexi, I won’t be long.” Maggie said as she went to get ready for work.

    Lexi went out to her car and sat behind the wheel before she got her phone out, but never called anyone on it, she just wanted people to think she was talking on it while she spoke with Lana on her ear wig. The car was shielded against people listening in on her chats as well.

     “How do you think I did in there Lana?” Lexi asked.

     “I think you handled yourself really well Lexi. I’m surprised that anyone voted for Senator Green judging by Maggie’s reaction to him.” Lana laughed, but it wasn’t a happy one.

     “Who knows what underhanded things got done to get him his title of senator?” Lexi said with a sigh. “I trust that Tim and Mellissa are having a trouble free morning at school?” Lexi asked, knowing that Lana, Bill and Ted were keeping an eye on the two of them using the security cameras at the school.

     “Yes they’re doing just fine. Kenneth and Peter seem to be sticking close by while you’re not there to protect them.” Lana giggled.

    Lexi was looking at a man up a telegraph pole working on the phone line, and another man just getting out a gas repair van at the other end of the road in her mirror. The thing that had Lexi worried was the boots the two men had on looked to clean and shiny for normal work boots. They looked more like military boots, normal workmen wouldn’t have boots that clean, not if they were any good at their job anyway.

     “Lana! I need you to run facial recognition for me on two men.” Lexi said as she put on her special glasses to get an image of the man up the telegraph pole while she pushed some buttons on the dash and soon had an image of the man that had just got out of the gas repair van, using a camera in the car that Bill and Ted had designed.

     “You think you got trouble G?” Lana asked, all joking forgotten as she pulled up the two images that Lexi had just sent her.

     “Not sure yet, but these two guys look like ex military to me, and they keep taking little looks at Tim’s house.” Lexi said as she watched them without them realising it.

     “Well you’re spot on with the trouble again G.” Lana said with a whistle at she looked down the two guys files. “They’ve both done work for the CIA in the past. Mostly off the books stuff so it can’t be traced back to them. They both specialise in blowing things up.” Lana added with worry in her voice.

     “They’re going to kill Maggie and Tim as well as Mellissa, and I bet they plan to do it tonight!” Lexi said with anger in her voice. “I’m going to take them out now Lana.” Lexi said as she went to open the car door.

     “Lexi wait!” Lana said. “Think about this first. If you kill these two guys, Doug Green will just get the CIA to send a couple more, or find some other way to kill Mellissa.” Lana added with a pleading voice to keep Lexi from making a mistake because of her emotions.

     “So what would you have me do Lana? Just let them all get blown up?” Lexi asked sarcastically.

     “Yes we have to let Mellissa, Maggie and Tim die Lexi. It’s the only way this will all end.” Lana said with a pained voice at what they had to let happen.

Five hours later

    Two men sat in a car just down the road from Tim’s house; they watched as a woman pulled up in a black mustang and let two of the three targets out of the car before driving away again.

     “Why don’t we just blow the place now?” One of the men said to the other.

     “They want us to take out the mother as well. No one to start asking questions that way.” The second man chuckled an evil laugh. “Just some poor family killed by a gas explosion while eating their evening meal.” He added, like he was reading the headline in the paper already.

     “I hate all this waiting around man!” The first guy said as he sat tapping his foot.

     “I like the wait myself.” The second man said with a sigh. “What we do is an art form, you need to take the time to enjoy your work every once in a while.” He added with passion.

Eight hours later

     “I see a woman walking up the road.” The first guy said to the second one sounding all excited now. “Is that her? The mother of the boy?” He asked.

    The second man got out a photo and looked at the woman walking up the road and then the woman in the photo. “Yes that’s her.”

    Both men watched as the woman walked up the path to the house and then let herself in using a key. The men waited another ten minutes before pushing a button on a little remote. The next thing they saw was flames shoot out all the windows and then a split second later a loud bang as the house went up in flames.

     “I never get tired of that.” The second guy said with a smile as he put the car in gear and pulled off down the road as people came running out their houses to see what was going off.

 

To Be Continued Tomorrow  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Give thanks, for this

Give thanks, for this cliffhanger we have just received before the holiday weekend.....


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Oooooo nasty

Personally I am not sure if the CIA is that nasty domestically but you never know.

Tim is pretty bright to work out who Lexi is considering she does not even look like her ex-self, even remotely.

I love her for being a kick-ass babe though ;-)

Kim

Keep in mind that the CIA is

Keep in mind that the CIA is not supposed to operate inside the borders of the United States. However, historically, the CIA doesn't exactly obey the rules they're supposed to operate under.

'plausible deniability' is their watchword.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Oh I know that

They are the only agency who requires a polygraph for their security clearance where you have to be able to be flexible with the truth verses the NSA who is 'truth only'. Consequently they cannot even accept each others polygraph exams.

Frankly they are a sneak ass outfit.

Kim

The CIA were easy to pick on :)

Being from the other side of the pond, and watching way to much telly (TV) and shows like 24, Alias, Nikita, and stuff like that. I just thought making it the CIA would be an easy target to pick on. I didn't want to bog the reader down with agancy details that wouldn't really move the story on.
I do say in the story that the two bad guys have done off the books work for the CIA, and that Doug Green has some dirt on someone in the CIA, so I'm not saying that the CIA are the ones to blame, but just someone that works in it.
Bare in mind we have a super powered TGirl running around making grown men cry for fun, so I'm working outside the box with this story to start with *grin*

Thanks for reading and commenting :)

Hugs and Love

SaraUK

Project Guardian: Book 1, Chapter 13.

Knowing the gang, they won't let the targets die.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine
    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Damn evil Senator, good

Damn evil Senator, good thing Lexi went back to talk to Tammy's mom.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Sometimes

Sometimes it is an advantage when you start reading a story a few months later.
That way I can easily stand this evil cliffhanger because the next chapter is already there ;)

Thank you for this nice story!

Martina