Stellar Academy Prologue

Printer-friendly version
Stellar Academy Prologue

By Blackout

Editor:Draflow

SuperNova-Space_Stellar_Academy.jpg
Introducing a new story. I hope you enjoy it.

Every now and then I would look back on my life and wonder, what would my life be like if I had never changed? I would have never changed if I had just kept going. Everyone was just driving by, completely oblivious, or otherwise ignoring the little girl lying by the side of the road.
--SEPARATOR--

Every now and then I would look back on my life and wonder, what would my life be like if I had never changed? I would have never changed if I had just kept going. Everyone was just driving by, completely oblivious, or otherwise ignoring the little girl lying by the side of the road. Unfortunately for me I was too young to drive and my parents were busy so I was walking back home after soccer practice.

I was on East Kington Road; about five minutes from home when I spotted a young girl lying half hidden behind a bush. She was bruised, beaten, and looked nearly starved to death. I couldn’t help but wonder what had happened to her. She couldn’t be older than ten. There were a lot of sick people out there and a shivered at the thought of what this girl may have been through. Being the Good Samaritan and decent human being that I was I couldn’t just pass her. I gently lifted her up onto my back, and then continued making my way home.

~o~O~o~

My younger sister Sophie and I did our best to treat her. Mom and dad were still at work and they told us to take care of her until they got home, so it was up to us to take care of our mysterious guest. My sister had to eventually go to her dance class leaving me to take care of the guest. Thankfully it was not long after that she woke up.

“Hey, how are you feeling?” I asked.

“I’ve been better.” We both had a laugh at that one.

“You must be starved I made you some food, do you need help getting to the kitchen.”

“No I’m feeling a little better.”

Thankfully she was able to get out of bed and we began to make her way to the kitchen. So it looked like she wasn’t to beat up.

“I hope you’re ok with Kraft mac and cheese?”

“It’s perfect!” Her stomach was growling and she was practically drooling so I figured it was ok. Figuring how hungry she looked I figured almost anything would do. I was curious as to who she was and what had happened to her but it was best to let her eat first. I didn’t take long though as she practically devoured the food in front of her.

“Let’s start with introductions I’m Tony Newman. So what’s your name?”

“It’s Dawn Kuipern. Thanks for rescuing me.”

“It’s really no problem. I found you lying on the ground and did what any decent human would do.”

“Well I appreciate your hospitality anyway.”

“So how old are you Dawn? I’m fourteen.”

“I’m nine.”

“So how did you end up this way?”

“Umm you see I’m not from around here. So when I came here I realized a little late that they would not accept my money.” Dawn had brown hair, eyes and the cutest little nose I had ever seen. I was pretty annoyed that someone could treat such a cute little girl so poorly.

“So where are your parents then?”

“They sent me here with my guards but we got separated?”

“Wait did you say guards?”

“Well they were more like escorts but I….I….WAAAAAAHHHHH!” She broke down crying. I guessed she was frightened and scared more than I thought. I decided it was best not to push it. I took me some time to calm her down. When she finally settled down I felt like a explosion had went off in my head. Never again would I underestimate a little girl’s crying.

“Hey Dawn your parents are probably worried about you. Do you want to call home?”

“Yeah that would be great.” I showed Dawn the phone. She raced towards it and immediately started dialing a number.”

“Hello…….yes I’m safe……I’m fine daddy……a nice boy found me…..yes I have….he saved my life….I don’t care about that, I chose him it’s too late now…in an hour….ok love you, bye.”

“What was all that about?”

“Oh personal stuff, hey I have an hour until my escorts come will you play with me.”

“Sure” I really had no reason to say no. I ended up having a lot of fun playing with her; she had some interesting game that she called Yoccer. Yoccer was like soccer but the goals were lifted in the air, in this case on fold out tables, and there where obstacles placed all over the place to make it harder to maneuver. It wasn’t that great but it was still fun. Dawn was pretty good at soccer I figured. I guess Yoccer must have been a game she and her friends thought up for fun. I ended up winning the game. She may be a little girl but I wasn’t going to just let her win. Although she was doing pretty good to the point that I needed to try to beat her.

“That was fun Dawn.”

“Yeah next time we meet, will play real Yoccer and I won’t lose to you then.”

“Sure” I said. I seriously doubted I would ever see her again.

Ding Dong! The doorbell rang alerting me it was time for Dawn to leave.

“Well I think that’s your ride Dawn.”

“Yep thanks for everything. I have something I want to give you Tony.” She pulled out some sort of gem in the shape of a star with weird writing inscribed on it. It sparkled red and the light reflecting went through me like it was piercing my soul.

“I can’t accept this Dawn.”

“I insist you take it.”

“Dawn that is very expensive, you shouldn’t just be giving that away.”

“Please take it! Pretty please!”

“Alright you win. I’ll take it. But it’s time to go now.” I had no real intention of taking it. I planned to slip it back into her pockets. I felt like a rush of energy pierced through me as I palmed the star.

We walked to the front door and sure enough there were two big muscular men in suits ready to pick up Dawn. I didn’t think that much of it at the time. I figured they were just some escort service as Dawn seemed to be pretty rich considering she was just going to give me that star gem.

“Thanks for saving my life. I had fun playing Yoccer with you Tony.” She came in and gave me a hug. I used that opportunity to slip the gem back into her pockets.

“Yep take care now.” I smiled back at her waving good bye.

“Yep see you in four years.” With that she left with her escorts. I pondered what she could mean by in four years but I figured she was just saying stuff. Sometimes little kids would say things that did not make much sense. If only I knew.

--SEPARATOR--

Author's Note: Please comment and kudus (Not forcing) if you enjoyed my story.Every Kudus helps motivate me. This is a new story series I thought of when griped with inspiration. I hope you enjoy this story. Also thanks Draflow for your help.

up
178 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

interesting set-up

looking forward to seeing what you do with it.
thanks for sharing

cool

Sadarsa's picture

cool so far, curious to see where it goes.

might wanna watch your "you's"

Hey Dawn you parents are probably worried about you.

stuff like that, quite a bit in this short little story. Fortunately it's an easy fix :)
--SEPARATOR--

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

~Your only Limitation is your Imagination~

lol

thanks I made the changes.

Excellent Plot hook...

you have here. Can't wait to hear what all happens. Please keep it up.

--SEPARATOR--

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Peace be with you and Blessed be

Stellar Academy looks great!

Wonderful story idea, waiting for more

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Four Years

terrynaut's picture

This is quite quirky but I like it. I can't wait to see Tony in four years. I take it that it doesn't matter that he gave back the gem. His fate is sealed.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Four Years

There is a reason everything is happening in four years time. I can't say anything more but without spoiling the story.

NICE

Nice start you got my attention waiting for chapter 2-- HUGS RICHIE2

interesting....

revolution's picture

I am captivated and thus need to consume more of this intriguing story!

Can't wait to read what happens next.

Thanks

For your support. I hope to keep up with this story as much as possible.

OK, bring it on.

Hit me with your best shot, OK?

Gwendolyn

I Know!

In four years we will be having another set of presidential primaries!

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah....

sorry

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee

Hugs and Bright Blessings,
Renee