A Letter to My Ex

Printer-friendly version

A Letter to My Ex

Dear Sharon,

I’m writing this, not necessarily to send, but so I can get my thoughts in order before I talk to you. See, I’ve been keeping a secret, and its beginning to feel like lying. I’ve gone back and forth on when I should tell you, with one part of my brain saying “confess! you are sinning against her and against God by not being honest with her!” The other part is saying “Wait! You’ll only hurt her and yourself if you tell her now!”

But after many, many discussions with myself, and after much prayer, I believe I must do this, and do it now.

Here goes....

I’m transitioning.

I’m slowly (far too slowly for my liking) transforming my body into a woman’s,

I’ve tried to talk to you before about this ... incompleteness I’ve had my whole life, about how being male was like being forced to wear a heavy suit of armor that is far too tight and never being allowed to take it off. I showed you the prayer I made called “Dear God”, hoping that somehow I could reach you.

I’ve failed.

But, as one last attempt, let me start with this. You may have noticed how much happier and at peace I’ve been lately, and its because of making the first steps down the road to a transition. I am a happier, healthier, BETTER person now.

And that’s not all. I’m also receiving spiritual benefits as well. I’m more loving, more patient. I have a hunger and thirst to get closer to God like I havent had since the very early days after I was saved.

I know you dont understand this. I know you think its a sin. But I simply don’t have any choice. Just before I started this process I was sitting in the break room at work with a knife at my wrist, and only God himself stopped me from dying that day.

I cannot, I will not go back to that.

I have no idea how you’ll react when I tell you this, but I pray you take some time and think and pray over it before deciding what you’ll do.

No matter what happens, I will still love you and Sam, and I’ll do my best to answer any questions you raise.

up
71 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

I hope your talk goes well

I gave a kudo which I now think was stupid, as this topic is too personal for such things. I can only say that my thoughts are with you.

Dorothy's Ex

It can't be easy writing that, much less telling her in person some day. Especially when faith and religious prejudices against LGBT issues are involved, and even more especially when children and fears of ever seeing them again are thrown in the mix.

I hope writing this (and anything else you write about it) helped you and I pray that she takes it well when you do tell her, and sees that you are happier now, and that being your real self helps you cope with the after-effects of your abuse too, which makes you a better parent as well.

Lisa Danielle
Team Dorothy
Bailey's Angel
(lending you some of my bravery, but I think you have enough already)

God Dorothy, i can only imagine how difficult this must be.

To tell those who don't understand... i have one person in my life that has not understood so far, that is my eldest sister. She thinks i am under some sort of demonic curse. I actually was either brave or very stupid tonight. I told 6 people at the hall where i do volunteer work (a bingo hall) 3 charity members, a manager, a runner and a patron there who is a post op T girl... I was lucky... they all reacted well... but i could have easily gone the other way... all i'm saying honey, is we can either live in fear, or live in grace... I hope we can both live in grace.
Big Hugs For my Brave Sister,
Diana.
Proud Member of team Dorothy
Proud Member of Bailey's Angels
And Proud to know you sweetheart.

I think that this was something really good for you.

It's down, it's out there in the world and taking some of that internal pressure off. Only you'll ever know where and when and how the time will be right if you do tell your ex but until that time this is a release and with all of us here who care about you a good place to gather that love and build your strength.

You're really not alone honey.
I don't think anyone here'd begrudge you the strength and support.
Just always keep that in mind.
*Great Big Huge Angel Hugs*

Bailey...A Proud Supporter of Team Dorothy.

Bailey Summers

Bravery

RAMI

Dear Dorothy,

This is a very brave thing you are doing. It takes a lot of self confidence to begin this step in your journey. You obviously still love your former (in this case I do not like X)spouse to prepare for the inevitable meeting. Perhaps she has an inkling of what is happening, and is waiting for you to confide in her. Best wishes,

RAMI

RAMI