Off to Seek a Wizard -15- The Plain, The Plain!

Printer-friendly version
Off to Seek a Wizard...
-15-
The Plain, The Plain!

by Erin Halfelven

stephaniedale.png

 

Knowing that the world is just a drug-induced hallucination is not actually much practical use. For instance, it didn't keep my damp skin from feeling cold in the slight breeze. It didn't help me straighten out the pads in my bra so I could hold my head up high and not worry about a lumpy bosom. And it didn't help me deal with Maggie Pyewacket.

"If you're a fairy princess, where are your wings, where are they?" asked Maggie, cocking her head one way then the other.

"I left them back on the plane," I said.

"The plain? The plain what? You don't mean the Plain of Nails, do you?" she asked. "That where you come from, is it?"

"Uh, " I stalled. "The Plain of Nails?"

"No, the Plain of Nells, I said." She rustled her wings and ruffled her feathers, making a sound like sheet metal banging together in a soft wind.

I still didn't have it right but I didn't know that yet. "Where everyone is named Nell?" I guessed.

"No! How can you be one of the Wise and Fair? You don't know anything, do you?" And with that, she hopped completely over me, opened her wings for a moment and glided to a landing in a bush the size of an apartment building on the opposite side of the pond.

I glared at her and tried to put my bra back on. I was still standing in nearly chest deep water at this time but things felt a little tender and vulnerable there and I don't think I ever wanted some clothes quite so much just then. The cold cloth had a peculiar effect on my nipples too, making me more aware of them than I think I ever had been. Reaching behind me, I finally got the bra fastened the way Mom had taught me. "There's a word, " she'd said, "for girls who fasten their bra in front then turn it around to put their arms through. The word is fat."

I giggled remembering Mom's eight week crash course in how to be a young lady even if you're really a boy. We'd actually had a lot of fun at it, laughing at all the silly differences between what society expects of boys and girls.

I'd left my panties floating in the pond and now I picked them up and tried wringing them out, too. These had two round pads in back and an oval pad on each side to give me a girlier shape. It was embarrassing to wear them but it was also embarrassing to think of not wearing them, especially now. The pads didn't need wringing out though since unlike the padded bra, these were made of silicone. I kept forgetting about them when I sat down and thinking I had sat on something squishy.

I found I just couldn't wring the panties out with the pads in place. Besides, I was still standing in the water, how would I put them back on? And they would get wet again when I did put them on because I didn't have a towel to dry off with. I sighed. I should have sent Ken and Chuck for a towel first thing.

Sighing again, I climbed up on the stony bank and sat with my back to the opening of the burrow. I removed the pads carefully and put them on the stone beside me so I could wring the panties out. I reminded myself to drink only from the creek flowing into the pond and resolved to sit there in the sun and let my body dry off a bit before putting my panties back on.

Suddenly, Maggie Pyewacket flipped her wings and swooped the length of the pond. She passed so close to me I felt her feathers on my skin. "Watch out, you crazy bird brain!" I yelled.

"Mine, mine, mine," called Maggie as she flew away.

I gasped. Checking the stone beside me I realized it was true. That blasted bird had stolen my butt cheeks!

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

{punchline redacted}

This is just so tripy ...

DogSig.png

No idea what's going on!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Whatever this story is, I love it!!! Fantastic last line and nice Fantasy Island reference in the title. :-)



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Not too

sure about the whole drug thing, but it certainly makes more sense than what she's experiencing. Wonderfully kooky stuff!
Hugs
Grover

Tsk tsk

... shameful, absolutely shameful, an author Padding her story ;-)

Maggie is certainly cheeky. I am surprised though that nobody has commented on her erm ... augmentations yet. I guess maybe I think they are due to her being a fairy princess.

I mean, padded panties are good but not That good. I guess they just assume that is what a fairy princess would have. In a lot of these situations, our heroine would be fully transformed by now so I wonder if she has experienced any changes or not at this point.

Kim

I Don't Need No Stinkin' B{redacted}

terrynaut's picture

I get the feeling that Steph won't need the butt pads, but she will need the bra - without any padding. What a wonderfully magical place you're pouring out of your brain.

Thanks and kudos.

- Terry

Redacted?

terrynaut's picture

I was redacted? But I took the words directly from the story?! Wah!!

I've never been redacted before. I hope it isn't contagious. :p

- Terry

Nah...that's not it....

Andrea Lena's picture
...When he walked into the bedroom and saw that his mom had laid out the prom dress for the big night,
Red acted in the only way he could. He burst into happy tears.

beautiful-blue-eyes-charlie-crying-girl-hair-Favim.com-70741_thumb.jpg

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

This is hilarious.

Need I say more?

Maggie

No they haven't ...

... but I'm quite sure it's about time they did. Mind you, I'd quite like a dose of what Erin's on right now.

Robi

Naughty

I had a whole line of dreadful puns ready for this, but I couldn't...oh, sod it.

So Maggy had the Gumption to take a shot at Steph's butt-tucks?

So I Guess...

...we're starting a string of television taglines in the titles now, after "The Addams Family" last time?

For the culturally deprived, this one's the opener to "Fantasy Island" -- which is why it fits in here, I suppose -- and it's the preliminary to introducing the guest cast each episode.

(Can't say much more about the show than that. Our late, well-admired local play-by-play sportscaster, Bill King, read a promo for the show during an Oakland A's game some years back, and the color commentator asked him whether he watched it. He replied that whenever he heard Herve Villechaize shout "the plane, the plane!" he changed the station. So did I.)

Eric

In arrears

It looks like while Stephanie was trying to verify the nonliquidity of her assets they were seized and are now being held in escrow.

So...

Almost a butt-tax then?

Naw

... she was just behind, 'tis all :)

Kim

That's right

erin's picture

She was in arrears. :P

Maggie wanted to garnish her assets.

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

heheh one might say

that that bird has plundered her booty, or even nicked her knicker padding. Possibly even divested her of her derrière enhancers?

The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once - Albert Einstein

Wink, wink, nudge, nudge

erin's picture

Let's say no more! :)

Hugs,
Erin

= Give everyone the benefit of the doubt because certainty is a fragile thing that can be shattered by one overlooked fact.

Cute and funny

I've always loved the Wizard of Oz and am enjoying your interpretation :)

Ouch!

Great little story-but it sops here! Please, another chapter!

Susana Quemada

Hehe..

Podracer's picture

I hope another episode of this fun tale pops up some time or another.
Now I suppose Steph will be worried that her butt looks too small. Never satisfied, that girl.

"Reach for the sun."

Next Chapter?

Bobbie Sue's picture

Erin,

The story is fascinating, even though you wrote it some time ago. Did it just die for some reason or am I missing something?

I am trying to read your works in a somewhat chronological order. You have many interesting stories.

They were right.

Daphne Xu's picture

Maggie was a thief. Don't worry, Steph will get used to it...

-- Daphne Xu