The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 19

Printer-friendly version

The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 19
by Barbara Lynn Terry

Chapter 1 - The girls leave for Forest City.

As the four left the grounds of the Pine Meadows Home For Adolescent Girls, Sharon and Melanie were talking about their experiences in school and told Rachel that when school starts again in January, she is going to love the teachers, because they not only teach what the girls are supposed to know, but they go out of their way to help a student with difficult class work. Even the science teacher becomes involved when we have projects week. He builds his own project and selects a few students to help him. This goes on their grade.

"Rach, there are a lot of things we do at school. It isn't all academics. If you should be called out of school for therapy, then the teachers will give you your homework assignments. All you have to do, if your therapy time is in the morning, is come back to the school and go to each teacher and they will give you an assignment to work on over night or during the weekend. But, our homework doesn't necessarily mean studying and doing exercises in our school books.

"Homework here is somewhat different. Like, last week, I was told to take Ginger, my horse, out for a nice ride around the area. I was supposed to look at all the trees, the snow, the sky, and everything, and write down what I had saw, and my opinion of it. They give us these exercies, so we can better appreciate nature. I laughed when I saw two squirrels chasing each other. Normally, you don't see that too often in the winter, because like bears they hibernate and only come out to look for food.

"A lot of the assignments they give us for homework, is also a part of our therapy program. See, not all of us were sent here by the court. My parents decided I needed help, and they sat down with me and talked about sending me somewhere so I could get help dealing with whatever was causing my defiance of their authority. They didn't want me committed, but they said something had to be done. My parents pay for me to live here. When they found out how this place was run and the requirements for admission, they said they wanted me to try and deal with whatever it is that is bothering me. They come up, every week, and they will be here in two days, when I have my scheduled therapy with my therapist, Marcy Tanner. Ms. Wells and I have had some wonderful talks about my parents. See, I don't hate them, and I don't really like defying them, but sometimes a girl has to do things on her own. They said that this was not how proper girls behaved. So, here I am."

"Why didn't you listen to them, Sharon? You could be out with your friends and having a grand time."

"Because like that old James Dean movie, Rebel Without A Cause, that's what I was. But, I am not sorry that I am here. If my parents hadn't enrolled me here, I was almost ready to fall in with the wrong crowd. Who knows what would have happened. Rach, to tell the truth, I couldn't have a better home life than what I have right now. Daddy, Jan, mom, and Hazel love each and every one of us, and treat us like daughters. My allowance comes out of what my parents pay for me to live here. But, I only use what I need."

"If you are put here without being sent by the court, how much does it cost to live here?"

"I don't know, Rach, they won't tell me. I guess that is also a part of my therapy program. See, when we are enrolled here, the psychs interview us, and then collectively get together to determine a therapy program for us. Each one of us has a therapy program designed especially for us. Rach, your therapy program, I am willing to bet, is to raise you as the girl you want to be. Am I correct?"

"Yes, Sharon, and I have this lady driving, to thank for that. Naomi has been there for me when others were smirking and trying their best to embarrass me. But I wasn't going to let that happen."

"Good girl," Melanie said. "Rach, you haven't seen a psych yet, to determine your therapy program."

"Mel, I saw pervert, and I told him point blank that my therapy will be me transitioning in to the girl I should have been born as. I...I...I feel...feel...as...as if..."

Sharon and Melanie hugged their sister. Renée who was riding in the front, turned and looked at Rachel.

"Rach, you are my sister and my BFF. Everything is going to be just fine now. Once we have everything packed, it may take more than one trip to bring it all up here, but we are going to live in Pine Meadows County from now on. Also, sis, I want you to know that if you ever need me to come with you when you see the psychiatric doctors or therapists, you just let me know. I am going to be there for you."

"Thank...you...sis. I...I'm...sor...ry...but I feel...I feel like...like I have...have been...robbed."

"How do you mean, sis?"

"Sharon, Mel and Naomi are real girls. They...they were...born as...girls. I won't be able to have babies, I won't be able to have periods, I won't be able to know how it feels, when I am older, to have sex as a woman."

"Rachel," Naomi said, getting in to the conversation. "From what I am told, when you have your surgeries, they keep the nerve endings from being damaged, so that when you do have sex as a woman, you will be able to feel a climax. Since meeting you, sis, I have done a lot of reading about transgender people. I have looked at different sites, and I have a wealth of information. But you needn't be sad, because there are a lot of real girls who are barren. They can't have babies or periods, either. But they still function in society. This is what we will be getting you to do, too. You stick with these girls, Rach, and you will see just how much of a girl you really are. When I saw you in the courtroom, I was ready to bounce you off of a wall, but then a voice in my head said, 'not this one'. Since then, you have been, how should I put this? You have been like every other girl in the house."

"Rach, when I saw you standing out in the cold without a coat, I was almost frantic. I had to get you inside quickly, before you froze. You are just lucky, girlfriend, that you haven't caught pnumonia, or the flu because of that night. You have only been here four days...well, four days tomorrow. And I mean, holy, look at you. You're just as much of a girl as the rest of us, except you have a birth defect that looks like a penis. That birth defect, sister of mine, can be corrected."

"Sharon, Mel, Renée, Naomi, thank you all for everything. If it hadn't been for you Naomi and Renée, I don't think I could have found myself in time."

They hadn't left Pine Meadows county, yet, but Naomi pulled on to the shoulder of the road. She turned her flashers on, and the small, square, blue and red lights on the back of Naomi's SUV started blinking, too. These lights were on the inside and on both sides of her SUV tailgate. Similar lights were also flashing just inside the front grill.

"You don't think you could have found yourself in time for what, Rachel Eileen Watkins? You haven't been thinking about taking your own life; have you?"

"Oh Naomi, will you help me? I am so mixed up right now. I know I put on a facade in front of the others, but, please sister Naomi, help me."

Naomi got out of the SUV, and told everybody else to, too, so they could stretch their legs. She hugged Rachel, tightly.

"Sis, there is nothing we can't solve as a family. Right now, everybody here is family. If you are having these feelings, call me, talk to me, and I will come right over and sit with you until you feel safe inside, again. Look at me, Rach. I want your solemn promise, that when you have these feelings, you will call me and let me come over and help you. I am only going to be down the road, a half a mile from the home. During the day, when you're not in school, you can come to our house and sit and talk to all of us. Your mother, Renée and her mother, Sandi and Mandy, me, Sharon, Melanie and the rest of the girls, are all here for you. Remember sis; all for one and one for all."

"I know, Naomi, but, but, I just get scared, and think oh what's the use, I'll never be a real girl, anyway..."

"Stop right there, sister Rachel Eileen Watkins," Sharon scolded. "What do you mean you will never be a real girl, anyway? Let me correct you, sister. You are as much of a real girl right now, as the rest of us. You don't have to have a functional female body to be a girl. You have shown us, in the last few days, that a body is not a barrier to being a girl. You have been there for me, when I was in a very unsure of myself attitude. Who brought me out of it, by caring enough for me? You, dear sister, you. You have shown us nothing but a girl since you came to Pine Meadows.

"If you ever, ever, and I do mean ever, have these feelings about suicide, you come to any one of us. We know where you are coming from, because we have all been there. Rach, there are a lot of us who go through this same way of thinking every now and then. But we know we have sisters that will help us, and so we go to them, and ask them if we can talk to them. None of the girls ever refuses to talk to another girl. We all have problems, Rach, and we have each other to help us deal with those problems.

"To show you what I mean, just a bit ago, in the car, you said you wanted Naomi to help you. That shows a positive mind that you want help in dealing with these thoughts. You are not the only one, Rach, that has low self esteem problems. Most of us in the house, do. But, because we have each other, we all help one another deal with the low self esteem in a positive manner. We are family, all my brothers, sisters and me. Remember that song, by Sister Sledge?" Rachel shook her head no. "Well, I have the CD in our room. I will play it for us when we get back."

As they were talking nobody saw the car pull up behind them. All of a sudden the immediate area was lit up like daylight, when the trooper put his emergency lights on.

"Good evening, ladies, is there a prob...Oh, Naomi, it's you. What's going on?"

"We're having an impromptu group therapy session, Jim. I thought you worked in the daytime."

"I work the second shift, and I am due to go off in a few minutes. I just wanted to see if there was anything wrong, and if I could help."

"Trooper Jim, I was a little out of sorts, and Naomi didn't want to drive, while she talked to me, so she pulled over here, so we could talk. We're just stretching our legs and having an impromptu group session. You helped by just stopping to see if there was anything wrong."

"Thank you, young lady. You're Rachel, aren't you?"

"Yes, Trooper Jim, I am."

"Ladies, I also have some good news. The pervert doctor has been sent for psychiatric evaluation. It was his attorney's request. Now, depending on what they find at the state hospital, he could either be sent to prison, or committed to the department for an indefinite period, of time. The judge can put a minimum on that indefinite time, though. So, ladies, this guy is so sure of himself that he is going to act just like the perfect gentleman. That will mean the state hospital will send the court a positive report that there is nothing psychiatrically wrong with him, and he will go to prison, when he is convicted."

Sharon started shaking, with a terrified look on her face.

"Young lady, what's wrong?"

"He isn't going to get away with this, is he, Trooper Jim? Is He? The thought scares me so bad."

Trooper Jim O'Donnell took Sharon in his arms and hugged her. "You listen, young lady, Naomi and I will make sure that pervert is convicted, even if we have to fake a little evidence. I don't like doing that, but in this pervert's case, I will make an exception. He will be convicted out of his own mouth, and he will go to prison."

"Thank you, Trooper Jim."

"What is, oh wait, your Sharon, the girl that was terrified to give her statement to a man."

"Yes, Trooper Jim."

"You may all call me Jim. I hate seeing young ladies being abused. I will make you all a deal, and you can tell the others at the house too. If you ever need any help, with anything, you just dial J for Jim." Jim hugged Sharon again, then Naomi thanked him for stopping by, but they had to be going. "Where are you going?"

"We're going to Forest City to pack our things so I and three families can move up here. I will be living a half a mile from the home. We're going to stop and see Evie before we leave."

"I have to go and clock out and turn my car in. I will meet you at the restaurant."

"See you there, then, Jim," Naomi said, with a coy smile.

Naomi looked at Rachel and Sharon with a worried look.

"Are you two all right, now?"

"Yes, Naomi, thank you.

"Well, let's go and see Evie, before we get going to Forest City."

They all got back in the SUV, buckled their seat belts and headed for the Restaurant. The name of this restaurant was the Pine Meadows Truck Stop. Eve Reinhardt had worked there since graduating from high school at the Pine Meadows Home For Adolescent Girls. Like most truck stops, they had different parking spaces for cars and trucks. Naomi found a parking space, and the girls all got out of the SUV and went in the restaurant.

They found a booth, and saw that Eve had her back to them, so she didn't see them come in. As she turned to go and put another customer's order on the wheel, she smiled, said she would be right back, and left to get the trucker his coffee and salad. Eve gave him his coffee and salad, and then stopped by Naomi and the girls.

"Sharon, Melanie, Rachel! Aren't you girls up a little late?"

"Mom gave us permission to go with Naomi, to help her move up here. Renée's mom, her BFF Sandi and her mom and my mom are moving with her. They are going to be living just down the road a half a mile from the house."

"That's great, Rach. I am very happy to hear you are moving up here."

"Not only that, Evie, but I am now a Pine Meadows deputy sheriff." Eve hugged Naomi. "Jim is also stoping by, too. He went to clock out."

Naomi no sooner said those words, than Trooper Jim O'Donnell came in and sat down. All of a sudden, there was a ruckus at the counter. A waitress yelled for Jim to help.

"Mind your own business, flatfoot," said a man with a steak knife in his hand.

"Naomi, you want to deal with this?"

"You bet."

"What? You gotta have your girlfriend fight for you, flatfoot."

"Sir, please put the knife down, and behave yourself."

"Get lost, bitch."

"Sir, this is the last time I am telling you. Put the knife down and finish your breakfast and go about your business."

"Listen, bitch, this is none of your concern. Mind your own business."

"Let me identify myself. Pine Meadows County deputy sheriff, Naomi Petersen. Now put the knife down or I will put it down for you."

The man made one mistake, he raised his arm towards Naomi, with the knife still in it. Naomi moved so quickly, that she had the knife on the floor, and the man bent over the counter and handcuffed.

"Like I said, Pine Meadows County Sheriff's Department. You're under arrest for endangering the safety of a police officer, and obstructing an officer. The first charge is a felony, so you have the right to remain silent, you may have an attorney during questioning. If you cannot afford an attorney, one will be appointed for you by the judge. Do you understand these rights, as I have read them to you?"

"Yeah, yeah, whatever."

"Jim, will you take him in and put him in a cell. I will be back late in the morning for his initial appearance."

"I will be more than happy to assist you, deputy."

Naomi went back by the girls, and sat down. As Jim O'Donnell took the prisoner away, Naomi made like she was wiping sweat from her brow.

"That is what I have to do, sometimes, as a deputy. I wasn't supposed to start until Monday, but it looks as though I just started. Now the department has to pay me for my time making the arrest, and for being in court tomorrow for his initial appearance. He will get an attorney appointed for him and bail set.

"We were all worried about you, Naomi. That guy was bigger than you."

"Pfft. I have taken lances away from men bigger than him. He didn't scare me. Well, since we are here, who's hungry? My treat."

Sharon said she just wanted a cheeseburger, fries and a soda pop; Melanie said she wanted a grilled chicken sandwich, fries and a soda pop; Rachel wasn't hungry, but opted for a small order of fries and a soda pop, and Renée wanted what Melanie was having. Eve saw her relief come in, so she said she would be right back. Eve actually gets a discount on all meals she eats at the restaurant, even if she isn't working. Naomi ordered a double cheeseburger, fries and a soda pop.

Eve took the order and placed it on the wheel. She talked to her relief, and told her she could bring the water and sodas, and she told her what kind, to booth eight. Eve told her that these were very good friends. The relief, whose name is Cheryl, said no problem.

Cheryl Strom is twenty years old, with light brown hair and hazel eyes. At five foot, four inches, Cheryl is a very lithe young woman. She jogged, worked on the recumbent bikes at the gym in town, and even lifted weights. Cheryl Strom was no weakling.

As Eve sat back down by Naomi and the girls, Cheryl brought the water and the sodas.

"Hi, my name is Cheryl and I will be your waitress. If there is anything I can get you, just wave me over."

As Cheryl went back by the counter to get their orders, the counter waitress whispered in her ear. Cheryl looked over at Naomi, and she couldn't believe what she was hearing. Cheryl put the orders on a huge serving tray, and took them to the booth. She looked at Naomi, after the orders were handed out.

"I hear you're the new sheriff in town. What is your name?" Naomi laughed.

"Well, kinda/sorta, I'm just a deputy. My name is Naomi Petersen, but after everybody gets to know me better, you may just call me Naomi."

"Well, you have all the girls saying that it is about time, we got somebody like us in the sheriff's office. Are you going to be patrolling?"

"No, not really. My duty is training new deputies in how to defend themselves in unarmed combat. See, this is a war, and our deputies need to know how to defend themselves both on and off duty. I wasn't supposed to start until Monday, but, whether I like it or not, I just started. It is nice to meet you, Cheryl."

"Likewise. I see a new customer, be right back." The waitress at the counter called to Naomi that she had a phone call. She went over to the counter.

"Hello?"

"Hey Naomi, the guy you arrested at the restaurant tonight has outstanding warrants in three counties in this state. He can be tried here on all counts."

"Thank you, Jim. This is getting more interesting by the moment. I will be back by eleven o'clock tomorrow morning. If his initial appearance is earlier than when I get back, will you stand in for me, please?"

"Yes, Naomi, it will be my pleasure."

"All right, Jim, see you tomorrow."

"You have a safe trip there and back. See you tomorrow." Naomi went back to the booth.

"The guy I arrested has outstanding warrants in three counties in this state. He's not getting out any time soon.

They finished their meal, and then as they were about to leave, Eve asked if there was room for one more."

Naomi kind of looked worried about that, because even though the limit was 12, there were already ten in the SUV.

"What do you think, girls, should we take Evie with us?"

There was a chorus of yes, yes, yes, from the girls.

"I'll get my things and be right back.

As Eve re-joined the group, Naomi paid the bill, and they all left for the SUV. After making sure everyone was buckled in, Naomi started the SUV and they headed south to Alameda County.

The girls started singing On The Road Again, and even Rachel knew this song.

up
134 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

The Girl Most Likely To ... - Part 19

Seems that the girls will see some action when not at home.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

On The Road Again

"Are we there yet?" ( = Is the next chapter already here? ;)

Martina

She hasnt even officially started yet

Renee_Heart2's picture

& Naomi already has her first arrest as a pine county deputy lol that girl has a way with people. That guy picked the WRONG day to mess around in the truck stop a state trooped (off duty) & a pine meadow county deputy sherif (not officially started yet lol).

Rachel needed that little group secsion on the side of the road she asked Naomi for help & she got it even from her fellow pine meadow sisters. I like the idea that Namoi has low profile emergency lights on her car it is good incase like this time if she has to stop on the side of the road people will see a police vehicle & hopefully slow down or a fellow officer (as in this case Tpr. O'Donnell) stopped to see if any assistance was needed & he gave the info to the girls about the perv Dr. Pool who I think WILL go to prison for a VERY VERY long time.

It's good that Rachel is asking for help Insted of trying to take her own life that is a good sighn that she will be ok & she can call her BFF & sisters Renèe & Naomi or talk to any of her Pine Meadow sisters for help as she is very delicate right now & in a unique situation in a way but she will be ok because she has help.

Love Samantha Renee Heart

Renée siblings and father

What is happening with her brother and sister that where mentioned in the first part of the story? As well as her father are they all moving up there?

Very good story waiting for the next part
Randi

Randi

Glad I'm not the only one

who remembered the siblings. I was kind of wondering about them back when we were still reading from Renee's point of view and it was always mentioned that there were a bunch of women against the Dad... so where was bro for male solidarity? :)

cheap restaurant----didn't

cheap restaurant----didn't even offer to comp their food for Naomi's heroics!

Almost reached her limit

Jamie Lee's picture

What Roger was actually going through was never covered, but Rachel talking about almost reaching her end says a lot. While he was bullying Renée, he must have been going through his own hell.

Show any type of affection and his dad went ballistic, ballistic enough to began beating Roger and/or his mom. Do anything other than what his dad expected and the results were the same. Roger had to hide Rachel from not only his dad but mom as well. Had she known about Rachel she might have done something that got both hurt badly. And Roger had to be torn up because of what he was forced to do. Had he not been conflicted in his actions and hiding Rachel, Naomi and the girls would have seen it right off when they first met him. And Rachel would not have mentioned about it being to late.

That man in the restaurant is like a lot of men, their ego makes it difficult to get their head through any door. They see a woman and automatically dismiss her as a threat. As to weak to handle a man. As a person who is good for only one event.

Many times it's been said know thy enemy. Know their strengths and weaknesses. Know how the think and how they react to a given situation. The man in the restaurant may not have heard that saying or forgot about it. But he did get a surprise and lesson when Naomi put him in cuffs. This should have been his wakeup call, buutt, that's not likely.

While the girls stay at the home they have a wonderful support group. Might they be leaning on each other too much? They won't have such support after they leave the home. Are they being counseled on how to deal with this once they leave? They will be phone calls away but group hugs over the phone would be difficult.

Others have feelings too.