Chiff's Magic Emporium

Printer-friendly version


Chiff's Magic Emporium
By
Morpheus

A man buys a magic necklace from a strange little magic shop

--------------------

Dean frowned slightly as he walked along the city sidewalk, thankful that his work day was over but less than pleased by how his day had gone. At 28 years old, and having worked as clerk at the company for five years, he had expected to get the promotion which had instead gone to the director's second cousin.

"Work sucks," Dean frowned, shaking his head. It wasn't fair that his boss could hire some relative, and bring him into the company ahead of everyone who had been working their asses off there for years. "But such is life."

Then Dean smiled a little, realizing that it wouldn't be much longer before he was home. Maybe his girlfriend Alice would have dinner ready and on the table for him. It was definitely something to look forward to since she was such a good cook.

Suddenly, a woman came running out of the shop that he was walking past, crying out, "YES!" She has an expression of incredible excitement on her face as she hurried away.

"What the...?" Dean paused, looking to the shop that she had just come out of, wondering what could have made her so excited.

It looked like an ordinary store front, with the glass display windows and a sign that proclaimed, "CHIFF'S MAGIC EMPORIUM," with another sign below that which said that it was the grand opening.

"Some kind of magic shop," Dean mused, wondering what could have gotten that woman so excited. The more he thought about it, the more curious he became. "It won't hurt to check it out..."

Once Dean was inside, his curiosity turned more to confusion. It was a small shop that was almost entirely empty. There was one rack with a few strange looking items covering it, but other than that, there was no sign of any merchandise. Nothing seemed to indicate what might have caused that woman to go running out of the store in excitement, unless perhaps she worked for a competitor.

Then Dean turned his attention to the counter, which was, like the rest of the store, uncluttered by merchandise. The only things on the counter were the cash register and a golden bird cage, which looked like something he would expect to see a tweety bird inside. However, behind the counter stood a gorgeous blonde woman who looked to be in her mid-twenties. She was watching him with an expression of amusement.

"You don't seem to have much to sell," Dean commented, smiling at her to take the sting out of it.

"It's not the quantity of my merchandise which matters," the woman winked at him, "It's the quality... And I assure you, you won't find items like this just anywhere..."

"What kind of magic tricks do you sell?" Dean asked, glancing to the shelf which was covered with varied nick nacks and baubles, looking more as though they belonged in an antique store than a magic shop.

"No tricks," the woman grinned, "Magic. I sell genuine magic here."

"Okay," Dean responded with a weak smile. He looked around again, "The sign said Chiff's Magic Emporium... So, are you Chiff?"

"Guilty as charged," Chiff bowed her head. "But I see that I will have to do something about your skepticism. Here..." She gestured to the bird cage, "Look inside..."

Dean looked in the bird cage with a frown, expecting to see a canary or similar bird, though he gasped in surprise to see a tiny woman in there instead. She couldn't be more than 4 inches tall, and she was rocking back and forth on a little swing.

The tiny woman glared up at him and exclaimed, "What the fuck are you looking at?"

"What the...?" Dean blinked in surprise, sure that it had to be some sort of trick.

Chiff smiled and said, "Come on out Pip..."

The tiny woman climbed out of the cage and stood on the counter top so that Dean could get a better look at her. She had shoulder length green hair, a pair of black leather pants and a black halter top shirt. Then Dean noticed the wings which sprouted from her back, looking much like a dragonfly's.

"Holy shit," Dean gasped.

The tiny woman scowled and said, "Take a good look," slowly turning around so that he could see her even better.

Dean stared at her, noticing that she had a black tribal thorn tattoo around her right upper arm and a black dragon tattoo which stretched from her left upper arm, around her shoulder and down to her lower back. A tiny glint of silver caught his attention and he realized that she even had a navel ring, as well as multiple piercings on her pointed little ears.

"Happy now?" the tiny fairy demanded, flipping Dean off with both of her tiny hands.

"Careful Pip," Chiff cautioned her.

"Sorry ma'am," the fairy nodded to Chiff.

"Pip?" Dean asked.

"Short for pipsqueak," Chiff giggled.

"Don't call me that," Pip snapped, glaring up at Chiff.

"Would you prefer it if I called you Butterblossom?" Chiff teased her.

Pip paled slightly and quickly shook her head, "No ma'am..."

"As you can see," Chiff said, becoming a little more serious though still giving Dean a look of amusement, "magic does exist. Pip is proof of that. You see, pixie dust is quite valuable in the creation of many magical items, so she comes in quite handy."

Pip stood up as tall and straight as she could, proudly announcing, "I earn my keep..."

"Are you some kind of wizard or something?" Dean gasped, staring at Chiff.

Chiff burst out laughing, "No...I am not a wizard. I do sell certain magical artifacts though..."

"Like to the woman who left just before I came in?" Dean asked.

"I sold her a magic ring," Chiff smiled with a gleam in her eye. "But I think that I have something else for you..."

"What?" Dean frowned, curious but cautious at the same time.

"Have you ever heard of the Medallion of Zulo?" Chiff asked, reaching behind the counter and pulling out a beautiful golden medallion with a picture of a fairy engraved on it. "It is a very powerful artifact that is well known in certain circles. It has the power to completely transform your body..."

Dean stared at Chiff as though she might be crazy, but a quick glance at Pip, who stood there with a smirk on her face, was all the reminder he needed. There were definitely strange things at work there.

"What...? How does it work?" Dean carefully asked.

Chiff just smiled, "It is quite simple. You place the medallion around your neck, and if you touch a piece of clothing to it, you will transform into the last person to wear it. If you touch a piece of clothing which has never been worn to it, it transforms your body so that it will fit that clothing. And if you touch another person while wearing the medallion, the two of you would change into each other. However, after using the Medallion of Zulo, you must wait twelve hours before it will work for you again."

"Wow," Dean stared at the medallion in awe. The golden color gleamed in his eyes, seeming almost magical. But of course, according to Chiff, it was magical.

"And I will sell this marvelous piece of magic to you for no more than fifty dollars," Chiff grinned.

Dean stared at her, knowing that this sounded too good to be true. "If it does what you say, why in the world would you ever sell it...for any amount? Why wouldn't you use it yourself?"

"Who says that I didn't?" Chiff winked at him, then gestured down at her fantastic body, "Not very long ago, I looked quite a bit different... The fact is, I no longer need it, but I can still gain enjoyment in seeing someone else use it."

"If it works like you say..." Dean began.

Chiff grinned, "The Medallion of Zulo works exactly as I described. You see, I always make it an important point not to lie. You could say that it is a matter of honor..."

Dean nodded, glancing down at Pip and deciding that he believed her. "Okay," he agreed. "I'll buy it..."

As soon as Dean had paid for the medallion, he clutched it firmly in his hand, staring at what he knew was his greatest treasure. It was hard to believe that he'd bought it for only fifty dollars.

"I can't wait to show Alice," he grinned to himself as he left the store.

Once Dean was gone, Pip spread her dragonfly wings and flew up into the air until she was at the same height as Chiff's face. "You know mistress," she smirked, "This whole store thing is easier than I thought it would be... I mean, we just sit back and people come to us..."

"Yeah," Chiff sighed, looking just a little disappointed. "But I had hoped it would be a little more exciting..."

---------------------

"You have got to be kidding," Alice stared at Dean with an expression of stunned disbelief, "You actually believed that story?"

Dean frowned, suddenly wishing that he'd found a better way of explaining what had happened to his girlfriend. But however he explained it, he suspected that the results would have been the same skepticism. "It's magic..."

"There's no such thing as magic," Alice groaned, shaking her head in exasperation.

"But there was a fairy there," Dean tried to explain, "A real life, honest to God fairy... She was so tiny, and had these wings on her back. It was like seeing Tinkerbell in real life."

"Did you touch her?" Alice asked with a frown. Dean thought about it for a moment then shook his head. "Then it could have been some kind of trick or illusion. Maybe a Barbie that was made up..."

"No," Dean shook his head, "She was definitely real..."

"Then maybe some kind of trick with mirrors or holograms," Alice sighed.

Dean hated to admit it, but he knew that Alice was probably right. He could very well have been tricked, though he had a hard time believing it. That fairy girl Pip had looked so real...

"There is one way to find out for sure," Dean said, holding out the medallion which he had bought. "We can try it out."

Alice just rolled her eyes, "I guess that would prove it one way or another." She gave Dean a look that let him know that she was willing to humor him a little. Then she stared at the medallion for a moment before saying, "You know, that does look like real gold, but nobody would sell a gold necklace like this for fifty bucks."

"Maybe," Dean shrugged neutrally, not wanting to argue about whether he'd been made a fool of or not. He looked at Alice, slipped the medallion around his neck and said, "Here...touch this."

"What?" Alice blinked.

"It'll prove whether it works or not," Dean explained.

The moment that Alice placed her hand on the medallion, she yanked it back, "It shocked me..."

Dean nodded, having felt a bit of a tingle as well. However, he didn't notice any sudden transformation and let out a sigh.

"Well," Alice smirked, "I didn't suddenly turn into Angelina Jolie, or whomever else you were trying to turn me into."

"It doesn't work like that," Dean told her with a sigh of disappointment. "If it had worked like the woman who sold it to me said, it would have turned us into each other."

"Well, obviously it doesn't work," Alice frowned.

"I know," Dean shook his head, hardly able to believe that he'd been fooled so easily. And he had been so convinced that it would really work. "Maybe I can go and get my money back... Assuming that she's even still there."

Dean grumbled at himself in disgust, then sat down to think about what he was going to do. After a minute, he absently scratched his arm, only to realize that something was wrong. He'd actually scratched his skin.

"What...?" Dean looked down at his arm, amazed to see that almost all of his arm hair was gone, and what little that was left was pulling into his skin as he watched. He held his hand up and stared at the fingers, which were normally very short. But instead of the bitten ends that he usually saw, his fingernails were longer, reaching beyond the tips of his fingers and continuing to slowly grow in front of his eyes. "Holy shit."

"What?" Alice asked, "What's wrong?"

Dean stared at his hands for a moment more, noticing other changes occurring in them. "It's working," he finally told her, "The medallion is really working. It's just going slower than I expected."

"Don't joke about that," Alice sighed, "I don't want to talk about it anymore..."

But Dean jumped to his feet and hurried to Alice, "Look," he held out his hands, "They're changing..."

"Alice rolled her eyes and then suddenly blinked. "Hey... Your hair's longer..."

"I guess it is," Dean grinned as he tugged it, finding that it felt about an inch longer than normal. "And yours is shorter..."

Dean stood there for a moment, wondering what else was changing. He looked down at himself, having a hard time telling since he was fully dressed. But he did notice that his shoes were looser. He shook his feet and felt them slide around.

"My clothes feel tight," Alice exclaimed, staring at Dean in stunned amazement. "You... You look different. My God, I feel different..."

For a moment, Dean and Alice just stared at each other. Then as one, they turned and rushed to the big mirror which hung on the hallway wall. They stared at their reflections in silent awe, neither of them believing what they saw. Their faces...their bodies were changing as they watched.

"I'm getting shorter," Dean said after a few minutes, looking Alice straight in the eyes, "And you're getting taller..."

"My clothes are getting way too tight," she complained, beginning to take them off. "Damn, these are really pinching..."

"I'm starting to look more like you," Dean whispered, hesitantly touching the growing bumps on his chest. "Man this is weird..."

"You're telling me," Alice grimaced, looking a little worried, "Can we stop it? Can we change back?"

"I don't think we can stop it," Dean said, then paused to clear his throat as his voice was cracking and changing while he spoke. "But we can change back in twelve hours."

"Just great," Alice scowled, staring down at her crotch and her changing equipment.

"Look," Dean said, touching his ears, "I have your pierced ears." Then he noticed a familiar pattern forming around his upper left arm. "And look...I'm getting your tattoo..." He turned so that Alice could see her own tribal pattern tattoo wrapped around his upper arm instead of her own.

"It's real," Alice said as she slipped a hand between her legs and felt the changes that were finishing up there, "It's real... Magic is real..."

"I guess I wasn't tricked after all," Dean responded, feeling a bit smug about that.

Alice only nodded faintly before saying, "You've got to take me to this store some time. If they have a real live fairy there, I have GOT to see it..."

"Yeah," Dean grinned, "But she looks sort of like a goth version of Tinkerbell."

"I can't wait to see her," Alice responded.

Dean only nodded, looking down at himself and smiling, "I think it's almost done..."

"You look kind of short," Alice grinned down at him from his old height of 6 foot 1.

"I feel kind of short," Dean sighed. "I'm not used to being only 5 foot 6."

"A pair of high heels will help a little," Alice snickered, obviously trying to imagine Dean struggling with such a feminine pair of shoes.

"You do have a point," Dean frowned, looking down at himself. "We're going to have to wear each other's clothes until we can change back... I don't think that mine will fit me very well at the moment."

"This is really weird," Dean blushed, poking at his new breasts. "But it should be educational..."

"As long as we can really change back like you said," Alice gave him a steady look.

"We just use the medallion and touch each other again," Dean shrugged. "Nice and easy. We just have to wait twelve hours first."

"Twelve hours," Alice frowned thoughtfully. "I guess I can live with that. But that means that we'll both be late for work..."

"Unless we just call in sick," Dean grinned. "I call in for you, you call in for me..."

Alice just nodded, taking turns between staring down at her transformed body and staring at Dean. She shook her head in disbelief, hardly able to believe that everything that she'd ever believed about real and imaginary might be wrong. But she couldn't deny this.

"Well," Dean said as he started towards the bedroom, "I'm going to get dressed... I never thought I'd be wearing your clothes..." He shook his head in disbelief, then gave Alice a look of amusement.

"I'll help you," Alice shrugged as she joined him, "With all of your vast experience in removing bras, I just have to watch you trying to put one on..."

"If nothing else," Dean commented with a wry smile as he stared down at himself and felt up his new breasts, "This is going to be interesting.

--------------------

Dean stared into the bathroom mirror, hardly able to believe that he saw Alice's reflection instead of his own. He adjusted Alice's bathrobe which he was currently wearing, amazed to see his girlfriend doing the same in front of him.

"Incredible," he whispered with a faint smile.

The former man had spent the entire night as Alice, and had even taken his morning shower as her. Of course, he could have waited until he changed back to normal before taking his shower, but he had thought that doing it in Alice's body would be a little more interesting.

"And quite an experience," he mused aloud.

Then Dean thought about how strange it had been since he and Alice had turned into each other. Sleeping next to each other had been a bit awkward, though neither of them any interest in trying sex out as each other. The very thought was just a bit too weird for either of them to give much consideration to.

"It's almost time to change back to normal," Dean grinned, "The twelve hours is almost up..."

When Dean went to the living room to remind Alice about their pending return to normalcy, he was a little surprised to see her sitting there in his boxer shorts and holding one of her bras up to her now flat chest. She immediately blushed when she noticed him in the room.

"I just feel odd like this," Alice quickly explained. "I'm used to having a bit more up here..."

"I know what you mean," Dean gave a weak smile, patting the area of his crotch, "I'm kind of missing something that I'm used to as well."

"I was thinking," Alice mused, giving Dean a faint grin, "We both have the day off since we called in sick... So we don't really have to change back right away. Why don't we have a little fun with...?"

Dean thought about it for a moment, "Okay... What did you have in mind?"

Alice just gave him a broad grin at that, then reached behind her and pulled out a package. "I got this as a gag gift during a friend's bachelorette party." She held the unopened package out and Dean saw that it was a bra, the cheap kind that could be bought at novelty or costume shops, and it was labeled GG cup. "Well...," she blushed, "I always wondered what I would look like with big breasts."

"I can't wait to see you with them," Dean grinned, wondering what Alice would look like with such enormous breasts.

"Actually," Alice gave him a mischievious grin, "I was thinking more along the lines of you... This way I can get a better view of what they'd look like."

Dean gulped as he realized what she had in mind. "I don't think so..."

"Come on," Alice teased him, "I bet you're curious about what I'd look with them too... And maybe after we change back to normal, I try them myself..."

Dean thought about it for a moment, then slowly nodded his agreement. He was uncomfortable enough as it was, and he knew that this was going to make it even worse. However, he couldn't deny the excitement of playing around with the Medallion of Zulo as well, of becoming someone else for a little while.

"On one condition though," Dean grinned at her, deciding that if he was going to be a bit uncomfortable for the next twelve hours, so was she.

"Just a minute," Dean told her before rushing into his bedroom and digging through a box in the back of his closet. Once he found what he was looking for, he returned to the living room and held out an old jacket, "This..."

"Okay...," Alice responded slowly, a look of confusion on her face.

"Once upon a time, this was my favorite jacket," Dean told her. "I wore it all the time, until I finally outgrew it. I think that the last time I wore it, I was about thirteen or so..."

"And you want me to turn into a thirteen year old version of you?" Alice blinked in surprise.

"Yep," Dean grinned. "I want to see if it still looks as stylish on me as I always thought it did back then..."

Alice rolled her eyes and then looked at the jacket for a moment. And as she looked back at the novelty bra, she grinned, "Deal..."

Once the twelve hour limit was up a short while later, Dean held the bra up and stared at it skeptically. He didn't really like the idea of doing this, but he had agreed. So with a nervous scowl, he touched it to the medallion he wore around his neck.

"I can feel it starting," Dean exclaimed.

Dean felt a strange tickling in his chest and he knew that his breasts were beginning to grow. He cupped them and felt them swelling in his palms. Within just a minute, they were noticeably bigger, even through the bath robe that he was still wearing.

"It feels pretty funny," he commented, not wanting to admit that it was just a little erotic at the same time.

"Incredible," Alice said, staring at his chest with rapt attention.

Dean's chest continued to swell until his breasts became tight within the robe...and they still continued. Dean grimaced and opened the front of the robe to give them more room, feeling just a little embarrassed as he did so. However, he couldn't help but staring down at them in awe.

"They're getting kind of heavy," he grimaced as he sat down.

"I think those things would kill my back," Alice gasped.

"They already are," Dean told her with a weak smile.

Once the changes were finished, Dean stared at his large chest in amazement, "Damn, I'm as big as a stripper."

"Maybe you can do a lap dance for me," Alice teased him.

Dean just grinned at her and took off the medallion, "I believe it's your turn..."

"Great," Alice rolled her eyes, accepting the medallion and slipping it around her neck. And as she touched Dean's old jacket to the medallion, she told him, "At least now I'll be able to see what you looked like when you were a kid..."

At first, Dean didn't see any difference in Alice, and when he did start noticing the changes, they were subtle. Since she already looked like him and all she was doing was becoming younger, the transformation wasn't nearly as dramatic as his own. But after a few minutes, it became apparent that she was becoming younger at a rate of 2 years for every minute.

"Wow," Dean exclaimed as he stared at Alice, who now looked as though she were only 18 years old and still getting younger.

"It's not too bad so far," she told him, then paused, "Oh...I'm starting to shrink..."

Alice continued to shrink, to become shorter, skinnier and younger, until she looked like a skinny 13 year old boy. Dean just stared at her in amazement, vaguely remembering that face from a few of his mom's photo albums.

"It looks like I'm a kid," Alice told him.

"Yeah," Dean grinned at her, "This is kind of interesting..."

Dean stood up to go to Alice but nearly lost his balance. He grimaced, feeling so top heavy that he might just fall on his face. Alice saw his expression and burst out laughing.

"How can women deal with these things?" he grimaced.

"Most don't have to," she pointed out, "At least not in that kind of size... I think you'll need a bra for support..." Then she paused, "Oh, I don't have any bras...or even shirts that will fit you now."

"Oh yeah," Dean frowned, "What about that one," he pointed to the bra which had caused his transformation.

"That's just a novelty," Alice pointed out, "It's not made to be used for real... I mean, it's not designed to be able to give support. Any bra that could handle those babies would be custom made and very expensive."

"Good point," Dean sighed, "But what am I going to wear then? I guess I'm stuck around the house for twelve hours..."

"Like you really want to go out, looking like that?" Alice grinned at him.

"Good point," Dean repeated with an embarrassed grin. "Actually, I think I have an extra large sweater that might cover these..."

"But what am I going to wear?" Alice frowned, "Your clothes are too big for me now...except for this jacket."

"It should be a bit tight too," Dean grinned at her, "I stopped wearing it when I outgrew it... But I think that you might fit in your own clothes..."

Alice stared at Dean for a moment, then asked, "So, if I'm wearing my own clothes, does that make me a cross dresser?"

"I don't know," Dean grinned at her, "But since neither of us has much good clothes, we might as well stay home for the day... It's not like I'm eager to go out in public and have people staring at my chest..."

"I don't know," Alice grinned, "It might be fun watching you get stared at. But you do have a point, so I guess we stick around here until we change back..."

"Oh fun," Dean sighed, "But at least we have some movies we can watch..."

--------------------

"It's about time," Dean said as he looked at the clock with a grin. "We should be able to use the medallion again in just a few minutes."

"Good," Alice responded, "I'm a little tired of being a guy, much less a thirteen year old version of you."

"I can't wait to get these things off my chest," Dean groaned as he stood up, nearly losing his balance again. "Damn, they're so awkward... I mean, they stick out so far..."

"They are kind of fun to watch though," Alice commented, then paused to blush bright red. "What the hell am I thinking? Your teenage hormones must be getting to me."

Dean just laughed, "Just wait until you start fantasizing about every girl you walk past. THEN you know you're a teenage boy..."

"I can hardly wait," Alice responded sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "At least we'll both be back to normal in a bit..."

Dean nodded in complete agreement and went to get the medallion, then paused when he didn't see it on the coffee table. He frowned, looking around the living room but seeing no sign of the gold metal. With a scowl, he looked under the coffee table, then under the couch, getting more and more worried as he did so.

"It's gone," Dean gasped, looking around the living room again, just on the verge of panic. "It's disappeared..."

He gulped, horrified of the thought of what might happen if he lost the Medallion of Zulo. He'd not only be stuck as Alice, but a ridiculously large busted one. His heart felt as though it were jumping into his throat.

"Relax," Alice told him, holding up the golden medallion, "It just got stuck between the couch cushions..."

"Thank God," Dean sighed, feeling a little foolish for nearly panicking like that, though he was more than thankful that it had been for nothing.

Alice looked at the clock and smiled, "Good... It's been twelve hours..."

With that, Alice gave Dean a broad grin and slipped the medallion around her neck, quickly touching it with a shirt that she had taken from her closet a short while earlier. She stood there expectantly, but when nothing seemed to have changed yet ten minutes later, she scowled.

"Is it working?" she demanded, "Am I changing back?"

"I...I don't think so," Dean stared at her, "Maybe you need to touch it again."

Alice nodded and touched the shirt to the medallion again, then sat there waiting, this time much more impatiently. But it soon became obvious that she was not changing again. She quickly ran to their bedroom and repeated the process with one piece of clothing after another, none of which had the desired effect.

"It's not working," Alice exclaimed, looking more than a little worried.

"Let me try it," Dean gulped, taking the medallion from her and putt his own shirt to it. But as with Alice, nothing happened. "Maybe it hasn't been twelve hours yet... Or maybe it just needs a little longer..."

"Maybe," Alice scowled nervously.

Dean and Alice waited for another hour, nervously staring at the medallion the entire time. And once they were sure that it had been more than twelve hours since their changes, something which they had already been sure of, they tried again, to no better effect.

"It's not working," Dean cried out frantically, "We've tried everything..."

Alice only nodded. They had each tried touching nearly every piece of clothing that they owned, touching each other's clothing, and even touching each other. But nothing worked. The medallion showed not the slightest sign of being anything other than a normal golden necklace. Each failed attempt only made them more worried.

"It didn't work," Alice whispered, finally collapsing onto the couch in defeat, a horrified expression on her face.

"Maybe," Dean gulped, trying to grab for any idea that he could, "Maybe we tried it too early, but it still counts that as the attempt... Maybe we have to wait another twelve hours to try it again..."

"Maybe," Alice responded without much confidence. "I guess we don't have any choice but to wait and try it..."

"Great," Dean scowled, carefully setting the medallion back onto the coffee table. He looked to the clock, taking a mental note as to the time so that they could wait at least twelve more hours, without trying it too early. "I guess that means that we have to wait till tomorrow."

Alice just stared at him and his large breasts before muttering, "Great..."

--------------------

Dean sat back and stared at his feminine fingers and manicured nails, all of which he had now possessed for over 24 hours. His eyes kept darting to the clock, which had passed the 12 hour mark a few hours earlier. However, he and Alice had wanted to give the medallion just a little more time...just in case.

"About lunch time," Dean commented. The last time he and Alice had tried the medallion had been at 10 PM the night before, and it was just short of 14 hours since. "Maybe we should try again first."

"Good idea," Alice agreed.

Dean put his hands on his large breasts, eager to get rid of them. Sure, they felt rather nice when he played with them, but they were so big and awkward. Then there was the fact that they had made it extremely difficult to get any sleep the night before. He hadn't been able to get comfortable, and when he had accidentally rolled over onto them...

"So long suckers," Dean muttered as he cupped his breasts, smiling at the thought of being flat-chested again. "Soon you'll be back where you belong... Not on me."

After staring down at his breasts for a moment, Dean finally reached for the medallion. He held it in front of him for just a few seconds before slipping it around his neck. And with a silent prayer, he touched one of his shirts to it.

"I don't feel anything," he said after a minute. He scowled and clenched his fists, stopping when his longer nails nearly drew blood. "Please work..."

Dean remained where he was for half an hour, growing more and more worried with each passing minute. It was obvious that his idea hadn't worked. The medallion still wasn't changing him back.

"Let me," Alice said, not sounding very hopeful. Ten minutes later, she was shaking her head, "Damn... It's not working."

"What are we going to do?" Dean cried out, looking at Alice hopefully. "We can't be stuck like this..."

"Damn medallion," she spat out bitterly. Then she suddenly stared at Dean, "We can go to the place you got it from... They should know how to fix this..."

"Yeah," Dean brightened. Then he suddenly paused, "Oh shit..."

"What?" Alice demanded.

"I don't remember where the store is," Dean gasped, staring at her in surprise. "I knew where it was just a minute ago, but now..." He shook his head, "It's like I've just forgotten..."

"Great," Alice scowled, taking a deep breath. "You told me that you found it while walking home from work. All we need to do is follow that route..."

Dean nodded at that, not feeling any better. In fact, he was even more worried. Why would he suddenly forget the location of a store that he'd known EXACTLY where it was? That seemed just as odd as the medallion suddenly not working.

"We can try looking for it in a bit," Dean frowned. "At the moment, I don't feel much like going out..."

For the next hour, they just remained where they were, cursing at the medallion and both pleading and threatening it, trying anything to get it to work again. But the medallion refused to do anything other than act like an ordinary piece of jewelry.

Then there was a knock on the door. Dean and Alice stared at each other for a moment before she went to answer it. Dean quickly adjusted the extra large sweater that he was wearing, hoping that his nipples weren't too visible, then went to see who it was himself.

"Who is it?" Dean asked cautiously, not wanting anyone to see him like that but knowing that he couldn't run away from the whole world, especially if he was going to be stuck like that.

"How should I know?" Alice snapped, "I haven't opened the door yet..."

When Alice opened the door a moment later, they saw a strange man standing there. He looked to be in his late twenties or early thirties, with long blond hair. His clothes, which included a long overcoat and fedora hat, were all gray.

"It appears that I'm too late," the man in gray said with a scowl as he looked at both Dean and Alice. "Damn..."

"What?" Dean blinked, wondering who this stranger was.

"Excuse me," he took off his hat. "My name is Joshua and I'm here to help. May I come in?"

"What?" Alice gasped, "Who are you? What do you want?"

"I believe that I already answered both of those questions," Joshua gave her a weak smile. "But to be more specific, I am someone who knows that you have had an encounter with magic, and who wishes to help you."

"Um...come in," Dean gasped, staring at Joshua in amazement.

"I see that you have both been quite transformed," Joshua frowned as he looked them over, a speculative look on his face. "Can you tell me exactly what caused this?"

"The Medallion of Zulo," Dean responded quietly, remembering what Chiff had said about it being well known in certain circles. "We used the Medallion of Zulo, but it stopped working."

"You have the Medallion of Zulo?" Joshua asked with a look of surprise on his face. "May I see it?"

Alice stared at him for a moment, then rushed pick it off of the coffee table and hand it to him, "Here it is..."

Joshua stared at the medallion for a moment, scowling as he did so. "This isn't the Medallion of Zulo..." He looked at Dean and then Alice, "It's a cheap knock-off... Ironically, the real Medallion of Zulo looks much less expensive..."

"What? Dean and Alice both gasped at the same time.

"This isn't a very good forgery," Joshua commented as he carefully examined it, "Whoever created this medallion made it so that it does possess the powers of the original... But this will only work for several days and seems to have been intentionally designed to stop working the moment that someone tries using it to return to their original form."

Dean stared at the medallion in disbelief, then at Joshua. "That's... My God... That's horrible..."

"Where did you get this?" Joshua demanded an intense look in his eyes.

"A store," Dean gulped.

"In a mall?" Joshua asked. "Was the salesman an old man?"

"No," Dean shook his head, "It was a place called Chiff's Magic Emporium..."

"Chiff," Joshua grimaced, shaking his head.

Alice blurted out, "You know her?"

"I know of her," Joshua admitted, "Though I have never met her in person. She is a trickster..."

"She did this to us on purpose?" Dean gasped. "My God... And she made a big point about telling me that she doesn't lie..."

Joshua frowned and gave Dean a sympathetic look. "She doesn't lie... Or at least she has that reputation. From what I've heard about her, she does things like this as some sort of game and like any game, it has rules, even if they are self-imposed ones. Apparently, she thinks it's more sporting to trick people without actually lying to them."

"Oh she lies," Dean spat out bitterly, getting angrier by the moment, "She told me that this was the Medallion of Zulo."

"Did she?" Joshua asked with a sigh, "Or did she just show it to you while talking about the Medallion of Zulo..."

Dean was about to argue that she had lied to him, when he realized that Joshua was right. She hadn't actually SAID that this was the Medallion of Zulo. He'd just assumed that when she was talking about it.

"The evil bitch," Dean spat out bitterly.

"She's not really evil," Joshua scowled. Then at Dean and Alice's disbelieving looks, he continued, "She's not really malicious...not that it changes the effects of what she does. She plays tricks on people for her own amusement. Sometimes the results can be good, sometimes bad. She doesn't seem to really care which, just as long as she is entertained."

"If you know all this," Alice asked Joshua with a scowl, "Do you know how to get it working again...or to at least change us back to normal?"

Joshua stared at them both for a moment, then gently shook his head. "No," he said quietly, an expression of great regret on his face. "I fear that this is far beyond my abilities. This may be a forgery, but the magic within it was quite strong."

"You can't change us back?" Dean gasped. "I thought you said that you were here to help..."

"I am here to help," Joshua responded sadly, "But there is nothing that I can do as far as your changes are concerned. I fear that you will both remain as you now are..."

"WHAT?" Dean and Alice gasped at once.

Joshua shook his head, then reached into his pocket, pulling out a business card that he handed to Dean. "It seems that you will need some custom clothing... Call this person... He owes me a large favor and will help set you up with some initial custom bras... If you call today, you can probably expect them to arrive tomorrow."

"Oh shit," Dean gulped as he stared down at his large chest, horrified at the thought of having those things for the rest of his life.

"I would caution against surgical reduction," Joshua scowled, "When magical is concerned, such things have a tendency of backfiring..."

"Oh shit," Alice exclaimed, staring at Dean's chest, then down at herself.

"For you," Joshua frowned, "I can arrange a new legal identity... Perhaps as the younger brother of Dean... That should only take several days..."

"But we have to get back to normal," Dean pleaded, "I can't be stuck like this... I can't..."

"Unfortunately, there's nothing I can do," Joshua shook his head. "If you were to find the real Medallion of Zulo, it will work for you...unless you are pregnant or menstruating." He looked at Dean, who suddenly went pale at those two concepts. "However, it is difficult to locate and even more difficult to hold onto. It would likely be a wasted effort, but if you try to find it, I wish you luck."

"But what are we going to do?" Dean cried out.

Joshua gave them both a very sympathetic look as he answered, "Try to adjust. Try to find a way to live with how you were changed. Because trust me...it could have been MUCH worse. I wish you luck." And with that, Joshua slowly turned and left, his last words being a muttered, "I hate magic..."

"What are we going to do?" Dean demanded of Alice, clutching his breasts, "I can't be stuck like this. I look like some kind of stripper... What are we going to do?"

"I don't know," Alice answered quietly. "I don't like being stuck as a kid...or as a boy. But it doesn't look like we have any choice." She wiped the tears from her eyes, "I guess... I guess we should do what that Joshua guy said..."

"What?" Dean stared at her, "You think that we should just get used to this and go on with our lives?"

"Hell no," Alice scowled, "I mean, go find the real Medallion of Zulo..."

Dean stared at her for a moment before nodding his agreement. "Sounds good to me." Then he stared down at his protruding chest, shook his head and muttered, "Damn, I hate magic..."

------------------------

Inside of a small store, with only one shelf full of merchandise, a beautiful blonde woman stood behind the counter, her eyes gleaming with amusement as she talked with her latest costumer.

"Trust me," Chiff smiled at the young man on the other side of the counter, "That magic ring you just bought from me is very special. I'm sure that once you use it, it will be quite a memorable experience."

"Thank you," the young man grinned, greedily clutching his purchase in his palm as he rushed out of the store.

"So," Pip asked with a smirk as she watched the customer leave, "What does that ring do?"

"I don't know," Chiff shrugged.

"What?" Pip blinked in surprise.

Chiff opened the wooden box that she'd taken the ring from before giving it to the customer and revealed that there were a dozen more rings inside, each looking quite a bit different from each other. Some looked cheap and gaudy, while others looked delicate and expensive.

"I bought a bunch of surplus rings from that old guy in the bathrobe," Chiff grinned. "It's kind of fun to be surprised by what they can do..." Then she sighed, "I don't know how that guy can handle running a store all of the time though. It's so BORING..."

Pip just stared up at Chiff and shook her head, "I thought that it was easy... We just sit back and wait for people to come here... Would you rather keep dropping magic rings on the sidewalk in front of people, or selling them to pawn shops...?"

"Good point," Chiff frowned, "Variety is the spice of life after all..." Then she gestured to the door, "Can you turn the sign? I think I'm done for the day."

"Whatever," Pip sighed, flying to the door and flipping over the sign so that it said 'closed' from the outside.

Chiff just sat back on her stool and let out a long sigh. But as the air was expelled from her body, so too were years of age. In moments, she had youthened from a woman in her twenties into a girl of 14.

"That's much better," Chiff grinned, flipping her hair back and revealing her pointed ears. "It's easier to do business when I look that old, but it just ain't me..."

"So what now?" Pip asked, "We going to hang around this place for a bit longer? I kind of like the idea of having a permanent place to work from..."

"Maybe," Chiff shrugged, "But you know how easily I get bored..."

"No shit," Pip sighed.

Chiff ignored her and continued with a broad wave of her hand, "Maybe I'll sell a few things to pawn shops. Maybe I'll give a bodyswap rock to some kid. Hell, I might even go and open another shop somewhere else... I guess it just depends on the whim that strikes me..."

Pip nodded, glancing to the box full of magic rings. "Just out of curiosity," she started, "Why the fuck would you buy a bunch of surplus magic rings from someone, when you can easily make them yourself?"

"It's easier this way," Chiff grinned.

"Just great," the pixie muttered, "I'm not only stuck in indentured servitude to a minor chaos goddess...but to a lazy one at that."

"Watch it," Chiff gently cautioned her, "I am not minor..."

Pip just rolled her eyes, "Whatever you say Miss Chiff... Whatever you say..."

The End

up
133 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

That Chiff person seems

That Chiff person seems nasty. At least she doesn't seem to do the identity death thing the SRU wizard does. Seriously though, if I ever encounter magic I'll certainly read the fineprint and only do stuff with it I'd be willing to keep.

thank you for writing this interesting story,
Beyogi

a possiable crossover ?

hmmm could Chiff possably be related to Dahlia who became the goddess of chaos at end of a walk in the dark ? just a thought for a crossover breach lol

I've been waiting.

for Miss Chiff to make an appearance here. I love her. She isn't malicious, or intentionally cruel, she just is. She gives her clients (?) a way to change things and how they deal with what results is up to them. Something about her is almost innocent in that way. No deliberate harm handed out, just a childlike being having fun.

And no, she isn't related to Dahlia. *grin*

Maggie

i'm going to have to disagree

licorice's picture

i'm going to have to disagree. She is being deliberately malicious as she knows she's going to hurt people, and she does it just for laughs. She is both malicious and intentionally cruel.