Irony

Printer-friendly version

Irony

by

shalimar

A TS talks to her ex-wife about the TS's husband.

"Come in. It's open!" I said when I heard the doorbell.

My ex-wife entered and walked over to where I was sitting on the couch. My feet were under me on the couch and I was just sitting there, bleary eyes.

"Hi, Roberta, thanks for coming."

"You've been crying, Alice," she said as she sat by me. "What's going on?"

"This is weird. John wants to be a woman."

"Oh, shit."

"Yes, he told me he is going to the doctor I use on Wednesday and will start to transition."

"How do you feel?"

"Part of me needs to support him and help him through this."

"And?"

"I'm asking myself IF I am woman enough for him."

I saw her have a brief smile. Then the concern and love Roberta always had for me returned.

"Yes, I know," I continued. "You felt the same towards me. If anyone could have kept me male, you nearly did. But it is a deep seated need that even your love for me and my love for you and our children couldn't stop."

Roberta was crying now. We hugged each other.

"I didn't know how much I hurt you until today, yet you were always there for me. Thank you."

up
56 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Bare bones

This is about something close to my own heart. As I struggle to come to terms with myself I most of all DON'T want to hurt the one who has stood by me. The question is how in the world do you do that. I sorta wanted this to go into more detail, but than ...
Hugs!
grover