Sweet Dreams-34 The first cut is the Deepest.

Printer-friendly version

Sweet Dreams 34…The first cut is the Deepest.

Chapter 34

*Jennifer…

I finally got out from under the drama and stuff with Alex and Hunter and stuff with home and my mom and my dad and I might not show it but I’m tired.

Yeah it’s the sleep tired but it’s a lot more than that. I’m just tired of being…me.

Of being mom’s little miss perfect and doing stuff so that mom had the perfect daughter and that she would look like the amazing parent when she’s been making mu life suck in her own special ways for years.

I had honestly for a long while seen Alex as my way out.

My dad had left my mom for this young thing but it had been like this almost as long as I can really remember.

It…I don’t know. I think dad messed me up just as much as mom did if not more. I mean the experts say that a little girl bases her whole dialog with men based on the relationship that she had with her dad. I know it’s kind of bullshit but at the same time…I think I’d be a different person if I hadn’t seen my dad screwing every young twat he could flash his wallet to.

And there was never a shortage.

And there was always lots of “Here sweetheart go buy something you want, you never saw a thing…”

So I guess if I really looked at myself then I’d see where I got to be me from.

And when dad split with the new toy he kept spoiling me and I honestly think I was partly used to being spoiled and partly punishing him but it wasn’t really worth it because mom would get so pissed when I’d come back from being with dad shopping bags in tow.

Mostly at him but mad at me too. Mad because she wasn’t getting this stuff anymore. Mad because she was the cliché. Divorced and not really getting chased by anyone with money for her tastes.

You know I sort of hated cheerleading at one point. It was something she’d picked out for me to do. Then it clicked, cheer camps, meets and away games I could get away from her and her bullshit.

I met Cindy in cheer, she’s really good but then again her mom was a cheerleader and her aunts and sisters it’s like the family thing for the girls in her family. Cheer get a scholarship and go to school on it.

She’s actually a better friend than I deserve.

Her life’s pretty drama free and stable mom and dad, lots of siblings and relatives and their house while like my mom’s place on the outside has this run through it look like people actually live there.

When we were first friends I hated it and didn’t really want to be there unless we hung out in her room.

I was an only child and she had two big sisters and two big brothers and parents who actually interacted with each other and the kids.

Real family scared the crap out of me.

But somehow that place gave me my best friend. The one who went with me to every sleepover and every cheer camp and cheered me on when I was feeling like a failure and stuff.

She was the one who pulled me in with a quiet “Don’t be her.”

That was don’t be like my mom.

Even now she’s right there helping me again.

Finding a place, doing all the footwork with me. Helping me survive Adam.

That’s one thing I might not be able to beat Hunter in…and that’s handling Adam. He scares the hell out of me because he looked at me for the longest time like I was my mother and only put up with me being with Alex because we looked good together and I could see the pre-nup in my future.

Mom thought we could get around it and was talking to lawyers about how to do that. Alex might go pro we thought. If not he’d be into Adams practice and she saw the dollar signs.

Me he was my ticket out of my life. I thought that we’d start over maybe far the hell away from both of them like Florida State or something.

When Hunter showed up before we started to become friends Cindy kept me in check so many times as I felt the walls of hell closing in on me because Alex was slipping away.

It took Cindy to tell me one night that Alex loved Hunter because Hunter was real.

And that I was getting to be her.

That was right after I had jumped Hunter at the mall and we never talked to each other for three days after that.

I hated that and lately…I don’t know, shit’s been wrong with her. She’s a quiet girl. Cindy is this smoking hot wall flower….yeah I’m bi…or a little bi…I mean to the point of when I was younger and stuff I kissed a few girls to like teach ourselves how to kiss boys and I ended up kissing two girls past that at cheer camp and I even got some over the bra action.

That’s it but as it sort of come up when we were talking about Hunter being freaked out about getting fixed…yeah I’m pretty sure I’m bi. I can see where other girls can be attractive and stuff.

Cindy like I said a smoking hot wall flower. Classic cheer goddess to sunshine blonde hair, blue eyes and a smoking body. With it being in her family she’s trained like forever and she’s kind of got that fitness model thing going on too. Big firm C-cups and long legs and that’s Cindy but toss is the fact she reads and stuff and she plays guitar too but she’s really shy with new people and especially guys and you got the whole wall flower thing.

But like I said she’s been quiet lately.

She’s even been talking and texting and stuff with Hunter. And that’s odd given Hunter’s still sort of new in our lives.

No I’m not worried about losing my best friend but something’s been going on and with the band aids on her hands and stuff and Hunter’s freaky life before us I’m kind of been dreading what it might be. She hasn’t been herself she’s been on edge a lot and I’m hoping it’s not drugs.

If anyone should be the fuck up on drugs it’s me. I mean look at my life right?

But Hunter hauled me off and we got stuff to eat and I still can’t get over how much things cost and how really little my stipend will go after everything. Coming back it just has this feeling of something…there’s something going on and Hunter said that Cindy needed to talk to me in my new bedroom.

I head down the hall to my room and the curtains are drawn and the lights are off and it’s dim in there despite it being still daylight.

I reach to turn on the lights and Cindy’s sitting in the middle of my queen sized bed and she’s crying a bit but…all around her all are my childhood friends…my stuffies…the family I had made up in my head when my real family was a complete malfunction.

I’ve instantly got tears going because my lovely sweet mother chopped the up with shears and destroyed them. I…I never even realized that the remains got packed up with the rest of my stuff that she had tossed out.

I thought that they were gone forever.

“How…how…?”

“You love them Jen it broke your heart when you lost them.”

“But…Cindy?”

“I had to…It hurt you so bad…I had too…”

“Your hands…?”

“When did we ever take home ec right Jen?”

“But why…that…that was so much work…”

“I had to Jenny…”

She hasn’t called me Jenny since we were like thirteen. She’s crying and I go over to her and sit on the bed in front of her and wipe the tears from her eyes.

“Had to?”

“Jenny…I love you.”

“I love you too.”

“No…Jen…I’m in love with you.”

Wha…

“Jen I’ve always been in love with you. I have loved you ever since I first met you…I’ve loved you before I even had a clue that I wanted you….wanted you just for me…I fell head over heels for you and ever since that time we were practice kissing at cheer camp I knew inside that there was no one else….”

She’s looking at me scared and breathless and I’m looking at her…then the bed and the stuffies and…

No one has EVER done something like this for me. Some thing straight from the heart and I’m crying at just really how huge a thing this is and that she’s here putting everything out there telling me that she loves me.

That she wants me.

I look at her again and my silence must be killing her and I look her in those eyes of hers. Those teary blue eyes of hers and I see something that honestly I never thought I’d see…not for me…never for me.

I see the way her parents look at each other, the way that Hunter looks at Alex and the way that Alex looks at Hunter and Cindy’s there in front of me her soul bared and crying, wishing, wanting, hoping and needing and…

It’s real…so real and for me…someone that really loves me and I see it…me…her…us…like some kind of veil got lifted and I see us…

Oh….ow…my heart.

“Kiss me…”

I barely registered that the words came out of me but Cindy sits up on her knees and she takes my face in her hands and she kisses me and it’s.

Kissing girls has never been like this…softer that soft and yet she knows exactly how to do it, how to hold my face in her hands how to kiss me so that every particle of me sings in this way that I never have felt in my life.

And she does it over and over…until those vibrations just have me gasping for air, panting and unable to think ….just feel and our hands move and we make each other shiver and tremble. I’m aching and aroused in ways I never knew were possible.

I’m not even sure when we lost our shirts then the rest of our clothing…

“I love you Cindy…I love you, I love you…of dammit I…I’m scared…I so…don’t deserve this…deserve you…please…please be real…please…”

“I’m real Jenny, I’m real…I promise…This is real…I...will love you forever...I promise.”

Her touches, her perfect touches so gentle yer firm, knowing me better than I know myself.

I cry out like a whore, I call out gods name over and over like a Madonna…I cry in her embrace like a baby.

I have never fallen in love before…never before not really not with the real thing.

I could go on forever about our first time making love…our first time…because I hadn’t ever been in love before…not like this…nothing’s like this…

And Cindy…it was her first time too…she told me how to touch her, what was good, what felt right and how to reach inside of her and touch her even deeper…my fingers touched something and she begged me for more and she begged me for deeper…and I didn’t know…it never even clicked until I was staring in her eyes and seen this look of pain flicker over her face there and…and…

“You…Cindy…you….?”

“I wanted it to be you Jennifer…just you…my heart…I was saving myself for you…”

My Cindy…the girl that was so nice, so sweet and so beautiful she could have anyone she wanted really…she saved herself just for me…me of all people and I stare in wonder at those eyes and I see something stunning…

I see my future there in her eyes…and there’s not a bit of fear in me about this, there’s no regrets and there’s just the most certain feeling I have ever had.

Love…

up
211 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

tears

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Okay... now you made me cry. *sniffle*

Beautiful.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Yeah I had to give the girls room for this:)

I really like these two or the two that I'm planning to share that are in my head.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey

Bailey Summers

Awww...

Tissues? No, I think I need a dishtowel..

Maybe a big Tissue alert then?

I'm really glad that you enjoyed this Thera:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Or maybe even

a bath towel? I'm going to go broke if I keep using tissues, a towel is a great idea.

Or maybe even

a bath towel? I'm going to go broke if I keep using tissues, a towel is a great idea.

That explains so much about her

Yet another perosn saved by Alex.

Perfect chapter.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

Yeah this gives you a good look at Jen.

I'm glad that you liked it:) I really like the response that they're getting as secondary characters.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Hunter

My comment was going to be titled Hunter's Wake, but on second thought that sounded like she died. No, I meant like a boat's wake behind it of all the lives that Hunter's life is touching and healing. Alex, Adam, and now Cindy, Jennifer. This is so very nice Bailey!
hugs
Grover

Perhaps...

"Hunter leaves a wake." might be more specific? Sometimes homonyms make a turn of phrase difficult.

Alex

after hearing some of that do you think Alex got a clue, or did Hunter take him home.
Its great to see the Cindy did not wait in vain, and Jen has found her future.
nicely done, thanks

Cindy and Jenny

*bawl*

*blubber*

*sniffle-snort*

...

Yeah Lees...yeah...

The stuffies...yeah.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Wow what a chapter, Cindy's

Wow what a chapter, Cindy's gesture repairing her Jenny's stuffies was so sweet and saving herself for her love was even sweeter. This chapter was filled with so much sugar I had to have 2 fillings lol.

It's happy news to see Jen and Cindy getting it together and finding love.

Thanks fpr sharing a lovely chapter

Big hugs

Lizzie :-)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

I think this just hit the right notes Lizzie:)

People have really responded to this chapter and I'm really glad that I waited to give the girls their own page space if you will. I really, really like Cindy as the character she is....and her saving herself for her love...I'd never heard of that between to girls before.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.
The Godfather;)

Bailey Summers

"Love…"

ow, that hurt in a good way.

DogSig.png

Yeah, what Dotty said...

"ow, that hurt in a good way" sums it up well.

Lees

Thank Dottie, I thought you'd enjoy this.

It's very much about too girls really finding love.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey...A Proud Big Brother.

Bailey Summers

Didn't see that coming!

I also didn't think I'd have tears when I saw it was about Jen. Awesome, Bailey, just totally awesome. Once again, you've surprised and impressed me. Wow.

Super Hugz!

Wren

Awww...Thanks Wren:)

I really thought this through and more sort of felt where I wanted the characters to be on the whole emotional level then sort of sliding into that by explaining things through Jen's POV.
*Super Hugz Back.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Thanks Lynne:)

I'm so glad that you found it worthwhile to wait for and I hope I got the girl with girl romantic stuff right.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

The Stuffies

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

You know I was worried about the Stuffies, of course Cindy saved them, how could she not!

I should have foreseen that, it was my first thought when they were mentioned, somebody save them, don't let them be discard, fix them, someone make this right!

Way to go Cindy, in more ways then one!

right

Hypatia Littlewings's picture

Yes right!
*Big Smile*

That is so sweet!!

Pamreed's picture

Jenny and Cindy!!! I am so happy they have found each other.
Now Jen has a chance for happiness!! Cindy must be feeling
wonderful!!

Hunter must understand that love isn't sex, it is nice but
not what really holds people together. I know I am prejudiced
because I have gone through my surgeries. But to have the
internal match the external is something I can only dream about!!
I think she will come to realize that and Alex will help her!!

Hugs,
Pamela

Oh Hunter definitely knows Pam:)

There's far, far more than just the sex holding her and Alex together.
*Great Big Hugs*

Bailey Summers

Courage on two legs

Jamie Lee's picture

Those around Hunter have learned about some of what she suffered at the hands of the druggies she lived with. None can fully understand how she managed to end up as she is without going insane.

She confronts all the BS these people pushed before them to hide the ills they carried within themselves, and showed them a courage none had ever seen.

Adam is starting to be a better person because of Hunter not taking his BS and making him confront his own past. Same for Jen and Alex. The quiet mouse has been watching from the shadows as this little lion has gone head to head with everyone with a courage the quiet little mouse doesn't believe she has.

Recent events have shown the quiet little mouse the courage is not without fear, not without risk, but can overcome fear if it comes from the heart and is honest.

Cindy took courage from the fact that Hunter survived horrid things in her past, and let that give her the courage she needed to take the risk of coming out to Jen. To be honest about her feelings for Jen. She knew it could end bad, but nothing like Hunter endured.

The bitch girl went from being a bitch to being confused by how Hunter treated her to being helped by Adam to finding out her best friend has been her secret lover for a long time. And she can't understand the why because of her social climber of a mother.

Cindy offered Jen unconditional love unlike Jen has ever been offered. There are no strings, no catches, no quid pro quo, just a love for the person who is Jen.

Others have feelings too.

Odd though it may seem.

This story gives me hope for my future. While I am Ase I also think I'm bi.