An orphan tale

Printer-friendly version

It’s late at night as a small figure moves across the grounds of a lavish estate, the house is a classical Victorian sat right smack dab in the middle of ten beautiful acres of well maintained gardens.

The small figure moves from bush to bush so not to be seen, the figure uses the small flashlight and finds the back door.

“Bingo” the figure thought as it found this house left it’s doors unlocked just like the rest of them.

The figure slowly moves to the kitchen using it’s hand to somewhat dim the light it goes straight for the pantry.

The worn out backpack the figure had was put on the ground and one by one a can of food or a pack of crackers and maybe a small treat was put in it.

The person was so busy putting things in the bag he never saw the person standing behind him.

“Hold it right there”!! a female voice said as a light was turned on.

“”The young woman was shocked to see a small boy frozen with fear holding a can of pork n beans.

“What do you think you are doing”? the young woman asked.

“I’m so sorry I’ll put everything back and I’ll leave, just please don’t send me back” the boy was starting to cry.

“The stern look on the girls face disappeared as she walked over to comfort the child.

“It’s ok you don’t have to be scared, but why are you stealing my food”? she asked.

“B..be..beca..because I..I’m hun…gry “ the child was sobbing.

“”What’s going on”? another voice asked.
They both looked up to see an older woman in a bathrobe walking into the room.

“Caitlin who is this”? the woman asked.
“I don’t know mom, I found him when I came down to get some water”.

“He was stealing food” she said as she wiped the child’s face with the hem of her bathrobe.

“What’s your name and how old are you”? the older woman asked.

“My name’s Vick and I’m six” the child said.
The woman looked at the child, Vick was wearing a pair of torn jeans and a large flannel coat and was covered in filth.

“Where are you from”? the older woman asked.
The child looked scared and was silent.

“It’s ok, you can tell me”.
“It’s just, I don’t want to go back”.

“I won’t send you back but you have to tell us where your from“.

“I’m from Madison Wisconsin” Vick said.
“Are your parents there”?
Vick shook his head no “I’ve never had parents, I only had my sister Lisa” he said.

“Is she there” Caitlyn asked.
Vick nodded then said “She’s back at the home”.

“Is she your real sister”? Mary asked.
“Yep, she use to tell me about mom and dad a lot, I really miss her” Vick said.

“How old is she”?
“She’s thirteen” Vick replied.

“Caitlyn why don’t you take Vick up to the bathroom and get him cleaned up, I don’t think he’s had a bath in a while”.

“Yes mother” Caitlyn said.
“I’m not in trouble am I”? the child asked.

“No dear we wouldn’t have starved if you had gotten away with a few cans of beans” the woman said.

“Now off you go”.
As Caitlyn took Vick up stairs the older woman went over to her home office then picked up the phone and dilled.

After a few rings “Someone better be dead” a mans voice said over the phone.

“Rick it’s Marry” I need to talk to you.
“Oh I’m sorry its just no one ever calls at two in the morning ma’am” Rick said.

Marry explained what was taking place and Rick said he would look into it before she hung up and walked up stairs.

Caitlyn brought Vick into the large bathroom and stood him on the counter.

“Wow this is a really big bathroom”!!
“I take it you like it” Caitlyn giggled.

“Yep”.

Caitlyn started to help Vick undress.
“I can do this myself” he said as he backed away.
“Look your very dirty and you probably wont be able to get all the dirt and grime off” Caitlyn said as she pulled Vick close and started to unbutton his jeans.

“No please” Vick tried to stop her but in a flash she had the pants and underwear around Vicks ankles.
When she looked at the faded pink pair of panties she looked and was shocked to see that Vick wasn’t a little boy but a little girl.

Vick was baling as Caitlyn put her arms around her to try and calm her down.

“What’s wrong” Mary asked as she walked in the room.
“Mom look” Caitlyn said as she moved.
“You’re a girl”? Mary said as she pulled the child’s under wear back up.

“Please don’t tell anyone”!! Vick said while sobbing.
“I want an explanation, now who are you and where are you really from“ Mary asked in a calm manner.

“My name is Vicky long and I.. from.. I’m from Madison Wisconsin” she said while wiping her eyes.

“Why didn’t you tell us you were a girl”? Mary asked.
“I promised Lisa I wouldn’t”.
“Tell us what you mean”! mary said.
---------------------------------------------------------

It’s dark out as a young girl made her way through the hallways of sunny side children’s home.

The girl makes her way to a room and goes inside.
The room had thirty beds fifteen on each side. She made her way to the one farthest to the end.

“Vicky wake up” the girl whispered as she gently shook the little girl in the bed.
“Um wa “ the girl opened her eyes.

“Lis..” she went to yell but Lisa’s hand covered her mouth.
“Be very quite ok” Lisa said as she took away her hand.

“Lisa I’ve missed you so much, what’s it like in the big kid dorms”? Vicky whispered.

“It’s horrible” she said as she pulled Vicky out of the bed.

“Come with me” Lisa said as she dragged Vicky through the room to the little bath room.

“When the light went on Vicky saw that her sister was dressed like a boy and had cut her hair really short.

“Stand still” Lisa said as she pulled out a pair of scissors from a bag she had.

“Vicky there are some bad people after us who want to hurt us ok”.
Vicky nodded.

“I’m going to cut your hair and then were going to leave”.
“But I don’t want you to cut my hair”! Vicky was fixing to cry.
“Look Vicky if I cut your hair the bad people wont be able to find us ok, I’m doing this because I love you” Lisa said as she grabbed a lock of Vicky’s long red hair.

Vicky closed her eyes and silently sobbed as her beautiful hair was cut into a short boyish style.

“Here Lisa said as she pulled out a pair of boys jeans a blue t-shirt and a pair of shoes.
Lisa helped Vicky get dressed.

“come on” Lisa said as she grabbed Vicky’s hand and headed out the door.

When they made it to some bushes near the fence on the play ground Lisa pulled out a pair of tin snips she stole from the gardeners shed and cut a hole in the fence.

She pushed Vicky through about the time they heard the alarm go off and Lisa saw some guards fanning out over the area.

She saw one coming right for were they were.
“Vicky don’t let anyone know you’re a girl or the bad people will get you” she said as she hugged the little girl tight.

“I promise” Vicky said.
“Run as fast as you can” Lisa said as she pushed Vicky toward the bushes.

Vicky ran into the darkness.
Lisa prayed they wouldn’t find her sister as she took off down the fence line in plain view.

“There she is” a man yelled out as he took off after Lisa.
--------------------------------------------------------------

“I’ve been by myself for almost three months” Vicky said.
“I’ve been finding what food I can and” she blushed a little and looked ashamed.
“Stealing” she said.

“Vicky, What was the name of the home were you lived”? Mary asked feeling a knot in her stomach and completely the little girls guilty look..
“Sunny side” Vicky said.

“Ok, help her get cleaned up and find her something to wear” mary said as she left.

She went to her home office and called Rick again.
“Hello” he said.
“Are you at the office”? she asked.
“Almost” he said with a yawn.

Mary told Rick what was going on, she could feel the anger he had over the phone.

“I’m on it ma’am” he said and hung up.
“I hope we can find her” mary thought out loud.

She remembered hearing about Sunnyside. Sunnyside had made national news when it was discovered that it was a front of one of the largest child sex rings in the country.

Over fifty people had been arrested including some top ranking government officials including a federal judge who she had actually had over for supper on several occasions.

Caitlyn undressed the skinny child and helped her get in the bath tub after she filled it with a ton of bubbles.

They talked about all kinds of things but the one thing Vicky always brought up was how she missed her sister.

Caitlyn dried Vicky and brought her to a guest room. She left Vicky on the bed in a towel and went up to the attic.

She searched for a minute before she found the old container. She pulled out the large square vacuumed sealed bag and brought it down stairs.

When she brought it into the room she saw that Vicky was already asleep.

She smiled and unzipped the bag, it made a hissing sound as the she opened it.
“These should fit her” she thought as she looked through her old clothes.

She pulled out some old panties and a sleep shirt and matching pajama pants. She gently pulled away the towel and quickly dressed Vicky before putting her under the covers.

She used an old key and locked the door just in case Vicky got scared and tried to run.
“Mom I got her in the bed, she must have been tired cause she didn’t even wake up when I dressed her”! Cate said as she sat by her mom on the couch.

“Cate I have Rick trying to find Vicky’s sister”.
“I hope we can reunite them” cate said.
“Caitlyn”?
“Yes mom”
“How would you like to have two little sisters”?
“You mean Vicky and her sister”?
“Well I know a lot of people and I could probably get all the paper work filled out by next week”.

“Well Vicky does seem like a sweet girl, and she has had it rough”.

“What about her sister, I mean she has to have a lot of emotional damage from being in that place”.

“Unless you’ve forgotten I was a child psychologist before I became a lawyer ” Mary said.

“I hope we can help them” Cate said as she snuggled up next to her mom.
---------------------------------------------------------------

A young girl sat off by the window of the hospital where she and the other boy’s and girls had been taken for treatment.

She stared out the window remembering the last night she saw her sister. She remembered pushing her through the hole and climbing through her self.

She took off running and lead the prefects after her.
She still thanks God for the man she ran into.
She had two guards running after her when she ran out into the street.

A guy on a motorcycle almost hit her.
She heard the guards after her and she went down the back ally.

Her heart had sunk when it was a dead end.
She picked up a metal pipe that was on the ground and waited.

The guards came running around the corner and charged her.

They quickly had her on the ground and was putting a gag in her mouth when she heard.

“Let her go”!! she looked to see the man who was on the motorcycle pointing a gun at the two guards who were at the time wearing street clothes.

“Who the hell do you think you are”? one of the guards yelled.

“Agent John Statesmen FBI” the man said in a calm manner.

She got to her feet and ran behind the man.
She pulled the gag out of her mouth as the guard was trying to tell him she escaped from the hospitable.

“That’s not true”!! she yelled.
Then she started telling the man everything that had happened ever since she had been moved to the teen dorms.

John pulled out his cell while controlling his urge to shoot the two dogs in front of him, she told him the cops were in on it so he called his boss. It was the next morning when sunny side was raided by a swarm of FBI agents from out of state.

The only reason they weren’t tipped off was because Lisa remembered the time she heard a phone conversation between the head master and his, as he called him his FBI friend.

She remembered hearing the name Paul stone.

`he was quickly arrested and the bust went off with out a hitch.
“Lisa”! someone calling her name broke her train of thought.
She looked up to see a smiling John waving at her.

“JOHN”!! she yelled as she jumped up and hugged him even knowing she could get in trouble.

“Would you like to leave here today” he asked.
“Yes I would but I don’t know if I can“.

“We found you a nice place with a very nice woman who would like to adopt you” he said.
“If I go there and you find Vicky will you still tell me”?

John smiled but was fighting his urge to tell her.
“I promise I will kiddo” he said as he hugged her back.

The flight was exhausting but nice. When john and Lisa landed they were met by this very pretty older woman.

She was in her mid forty’s but looked very good for her age and you could tell she kept in shape.

“Hi I’m Mary Carson and you must be Lisa” she said as she shook the young girls hand.

They went outside and climbed into a very nice SUV. As they drove Lisa got board and started asking about the woman who had adopted her.

“So what do you do for a living”?
“I’m a supreme court justice but I also own a lot of stock in some pretty large companies”.

“Do you have any other kids”?
“I have a nineteen year old son named bill who’s over seas in the marines and a fifteen year old daughter named Caitlyn as well as another adopted daughter” she said as she started to slow the car down.

She turned onto a wide drive way and drove up to this very nice house that was surrounded by a beautiful well maintained garden.

“Wow it’s so pretty here” Lisa said as she looked around.

She was so entranced by the beauty she didn’t hear the running foot steps till she turned around just to be tackled.

“Sissy”!! I’ve missed you so much” Vicky’s hug was like a vice.

Tears fell as Lisa knelt down and hugged her little sister with all her might.

Mary watched the two girls and it warmed her heart.
She knew that it would take a long time to help Lisa get over the emotional and physical damage she had suffered but she knew it would be a little easier now that she had her sister back.

Lisa stood and walked over to Mary, she threw her arms around her and hugged her tight.
“Thank you” Lisa said with tears in her eyes.
“Your more then welcome Sweetie” Mary said as she hugged her new daughter.

The three of them made there way back inside and met Caitlyn. They talked and talked and at the end of the night Lisa was shown her new very large room.

As she lay there in the darkness of her new room, she didn’t feel scared for the first time in a while.
Instead she felt calm and happy.
“It’s going to be ok” she thought as she drifted off to the first of many peaceful nights sleep.
---------------------------------------------------------------

The end, Kayla don.

up
158 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A sweet tale of love and sacrifice...

Andrea Lena's picture

...with an interesting twist. Thank you for making my night go well!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Sacrifice

A reward, is only as good as the sacrifice made to deserve it, can I hang a big medal here, for a lovely story, a gift given and received, and truly worthy of praise.

Draflow

WARNING 5 TISSUE ALERT!

sweet story and does look to how having the right family can lead to healing.

nice little bit of misddirection a very good story keep up the good work

The bastards.

The bastards rarely get caught. Paedophile rings have permeated right to the top of many country's governments.

It hurts to read this. But at least it has a happy ending. I wish, oh how I wish!

Bev.

bev_1.jpg