Too soon...

Printer-friendly version

Author: 

Caution: 

Audience Rating: 

Publication: 

Genre: 

Other Keywords: 

Permission: 

7163209883_3cc64447b0_z.jpg

The deaths of Anthony Threadgold and his wife Taiko, who were both artists, were described as a ''terrible tragedy'....

Lay down
Your sweet and weary head
Night is falling
You’ve come to journey's end
Sleep now
And dream of the ones who came before
They are calling
From across the distant shore

Sleep was always restless...fitful...uneasy... maybe peace surrounds you both?

Hope fades
Into the world of night
Through shadows falling
Out of memory and time

Hope fades... and my heart aches for that loss of your hope even as it does reflect my own, but through a glass darker than any mirror. And maybe the night shadows have truly faded and dawn has finally come?

I have made friends here and there, and my heart is overjoyed. Today I am sad, but beyond what puny words I can manage here. I made a friend in Tony Threadgold. Our friendship was meager; at least from my direction. Tony was one of those folks you make a connection to that you might wish was deeper. She gave me encouragement very early on when she discovered my writing much in the same way that I discovered her art. The kind of relationship you wish would grow but knew that it wasn't going to gain hold because guarded hearts yield their safety slowly if not at all.

painty in pink 004.JPG

Tony was described as painting in the style of Carvaggio, according to some collectors and critics. Her work, as you can see, was often auto-biographical. The many demons that seemed to trouble her subject(s) often came out in almost violent ways.

But a hopeful if hurried serenity could be found as well, if that makes sense?

THA723_0.jpgthreadgold_tony-kim~OM037300~10562_20100608_08JUN10_605_0.jpg

I had lost touch with her, and like all folks in chatrooms and blogs and sites, I had hoped that real life had pulled her away from the net. It had, but in the way I had feared, and in a way I had never imagined. I won't go into that other than to say that anyone who makes that choice often if not always has lost hope. She and her wife perhaps now finally dwell in that peace and love we all hope for.

I feel, like many of us might, that I had done too little in caring and reaching out. Guilt will fade eventually, but my deep appreciation for the person I got to know if only in a small way for a short time will grow. For me, she reflected in her own creations and in her self as a creation what beauty can come of life, however brief. I barely knew her and Taiko hardly at all, but my heart weeps at their death.

Don't say...We have come now to the end...
White shores are calling
You and I will meet again

...adapted from Into the West
Words by Annie Lennox
Music by Howard Shore


http://transequality.org/PDFs/NCTE_Suicide_Prevention.pdf

http://www.leamingtonobserver.co.uk/2012/03/24/news-Married-...'suicide-pact'-33777.html

up
72 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

How Tragic

littlerocksilver's picture

I don't think there's much else I can say other than how can we fix this?

Portia

I'm so sorry for your loss, Andrea.

Ole Ulfson's picture

It reminds me how lucky it is that I have been able to find some wonderful friends on line who I really love and who have allowed me to get close to them. People like this are truly a blessing from God.

Don't beat yourself up over might-have-beens: Please. It's self defeating.

What a shame to have talent and love leave the world too soon.

Ole

I'll PM

We are each exactly as God made us. God does not make mistakes!

Gender rights are the new civil rights!

Drea I had to use two boxes of tissues again.

I don't think there is anything I can add, because the last paragraph says what most of us were thinking. You wrote this very well, and very lovingly. Thank you for sharing.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

Too soon

It takes courage born of desperation. To involve a partner takes a lot of trust. So the world is deprived of two beautiful people who trust each other implicitly but are so desperate as to see all doors closed to them.

Very sad, yet so eloquent an epitaph from you, dear friend.

S.

So sorry,Andrea,

My words mean nothing at a time like this.

ALISON

ah dear

kristina l s's picture

It happens and it is always sad. I Googled the name just to see and amongst other entries unsurprisingly this one and a previous Blog pop up. I didn't know and now I can't, sigh. Be at peace.

Kris

Gods purpose.

Each of us represent an exclusive club. The numbers do not lie. From a pool of trillions we each are drawn. Given the chance to emulate God.

Suicide Is Always Tragic

joannebarbarella's picture

Here we have two talented human lives needlessly (?) wasted. I put the question mark because they must have thought they had their reasons, even though they were very likely valued by those who knew them far more than they valued themselves.

Condolences doesn't sound very adequate 'Drea, but you know what I mean,

Joanne