Bridges 30 The Wedding

Printer-friendly version

Bridges 30

Chapter 30

Wedding one.

Yeah wedding one.

I wanted this as much as I want the big one and I had made a call into The Base and after some talking and some explaining with a few people. The base Chaplin is pulling into my yard and he’s meeting with Brandon and Ryan. I head to get dressed and into my very best as I see some RCMP cars pulling in.

Another shower and strong coffee. And I use my Veet to get extra smooth and then it’s the lingerie…Okay I might be insane for getting into this knowing I’m going to change out of it so shortly anyway.

I get into darker silk hose with the seams and my bra and panties and garter belt are all Jessica brand in this forest green color and it’s perfect to match just underneath the dress uniform skirt and tunic.

I guess you figured out that we’re getting married first together in our uniforms. I want the dresses, the whole thing and we’re doing that next but I’ve been Armed Forces my whole adult life and Cass is a Mountie these are pretty big things about each of us. We want them in our ceremony.

I’m very careful about getting dressed and making sure everything is just military perfect. Medals, seams, make-up…I even check my posture. Honestly this is really my first time looking at the formal real me in the mirror.

As much as I’m feeling everything else…

I’m still damned proud to be wearing this uniform.

I walk out of the room I’m using and there’s slip covers for my shoes and I head over to Brandon’s place. Cass is there waiting for me, she’ll be doing that this time and I’ll be waiting at the altar as it were when we do this in out dresses.

I see some more cars in both yards and I take my time for one final check before heading into the greenhouse. Brandon comes over to me and yeah I’m getting married but there’s still…and seeing him in a real tuxedo with him all cleaned up…his hair’s loose and well groomed and just…It’s still just Brandon but it’s seeing that stand up guy he is, the gentleman he is that’s there inside him shining on the surface for the first time.

I’m not having those cheating thoughts but the effect of his worn faded jeans and plaids and just t-shirts then this, the contrast is just amazing. He smiles at me. “You ready there Captain?”

“Yeah, wow you clean up nice.”

“So I’ve been told, I really don’t make a habit of it though.”

He offers me his arms and I take it.

Okay, even like this I’m shaking a little.

Brandon walks me around the corner to the carpet that’s laid out and there’s some more people here from the base, and town like the ladies from the insurance company and stuff. I’m surprised into a little jump as the drummer starts up in a marching rhythm as Brandon leads me down the aisle.

“Wow drums I didn’t think I rated drums.”

“The Padre brought the drummer.”

“What no bagpipes?”

“Wait for it…”

“Huh?”

I hear the bagpipes start up and look to see Ryan of all people with a set of pipes and he’s even dressed in a kilt. I’m surprised he can actually play. Brandon’s smiling that half smile of his. “You know if he’s half in the bag we’re going to likely hear him spouting off… “Son’s of Scotland!” like from that Braveheart movie.”

“I really don’t want to know what’s under the kilt do I?”

“It’s Ryan what do you think.”

It’s all kind of unreal as I pass the people I know and some I don’t Cass’s side filling out against mine pretty equally I’m trying not to cry this trip as the guys from my Dad’s firehouse are there in uniform, some of the people from the base are here to do the arch of swords for us…I don’t know them but short notice and all it’s still very cool that they’re doing this. There’s some pictures of people not here anymore from my old unit…from the chopper set up and I take the handkerchief and blot seeing them.

I’m just raw and really nerved up until I see Cass.

Y’know I thought the RCMP dress uniform was hoakie, but she’s wearing it and there’s this look that comes off of her that all lady knight in shining armor, serve and protect and I might have Mommy issues with my Mom having been in the RCMP but she takes my breath away not just in how beautiful she is but how true the whole thing is for her. People get a whole other kind of power when they’re really themselves.

We never made our own vows, we really haven’t had the time. But the regular stuff to me is just as amazing. We go through all the regular stuff so fast the Father Williams is reciting in front of us….There’s a moment of quiet then he reaches into his pocket and pulls out a coin. “Heads or Tails girls?”

That got an amused ripple through the place. He flips and turns to me.

“Samantha…Samaritan Chase…do you take this woman…”

“To Have and to Hold…
To Love, Honor and Cherish…
In Sickness and Health…
Through Good times and Bad…
Forever and Always…
Always and Forever…
For as long as you both shall live…”

Okay…Padre Williams added a nice twist and I smile and look into Cass’s beautiful eyes.

“I Do.”

He turns to Cass and goes through the same thing and she stares right at me, with that melt me, heartbreaking smile.

“I Do and even longer.”

He closes his book and say’s. “By the power vested in me, I know pronounce you to be continued!”

Some people are confused and I smile as I rush off with Lacey and Jenny and start getting changed.

I…

I’m getting changed into my Mom’s wedding dress…some girls like me never really think about those things but I did…I know it as I slip into each bit of white lace and satin, I can feel not just the way I’ve been thinking of this since transitioning but the little girl before the abuse had started with the…I’m not going there, he doesn’t get part of my day.

The little girl me like so many little girls she was planning her wedding in that way that five and six year olds can. One thing I do know is that I knew then I wanted to wear mom’s dress.

Brandon comes for me and…oh he changed too…my white dress…his white tuxedo…he’s more or less the same but still shockingly stunning in that guy way if anything though It’s the change from the rough guy.

Oh my nerves are just on high voltage now as he walks me down the aisle and a bunch of kids…teens are playing *Here comes the Bride.* in a light rock style that’s kind of nice…Brandon takes his place beside me as this time I’m the one waiting for…

Cass…

The music went to traditional piano or keyboard and Cass is being escorted down the aisle by her father. Two big fat tears roll down my cheeks just seeing her. Her hair’s up in one of those regal braided styles and she has ties of white ribbons and lace along with tiny white flowers…a long pear necklace draped over and over and her dress is her mothers but very reshaped…Cass is very much more blessed up top than her mother…there’s a lace trimmed low cut to the front that shows her amazing cleavage and just nestles those pearls.

Add in the built in corset and that gauze skirting and the long train…she looks like every dream I ever had before I knew I was really me…I’d actually likely have told you that I’d never be that lucky.

Months ago I would have said that.

My dress is actually something that Mom had made herself, lace sleeves, keyhole bust and a lot of white and lace brocade even in the collar that is almost like a raised military collar, satin skirting with a small train it’s just simple like Mom was…almost if a wedding dress could be a uniform…she looked amazing with that really styled pony tail in her pictures with bangs framing her face and I went like mother like daughter…Lacey’s done my hair and two bits of hair frame my face and stop at the top of my jaw…my pony tail is set off with a shiny gold satin ribbon and tied in a bow that gives it an inch between it’s fall and my head.

I can’t stop looking at her.

I can’t stop staring into her eyes and falling in such a life freefall….

The ceremony is the same except Brandon gives me away and holding a portrait of Mom and Dad he says “We do.” when he’s asked who’s giving me away.

Oh Brandon…! I’m blinded by my tears that…that Cass steps up and wipes away right there before we’re even done like it means more…like I mean…

It was one of those moments where that person you love more than anything changes the way that your heart beats.

She even makes me sobby laugh when father William asks who gives Cass away and she cocks her head her dad’s way saying “He does.” with a smile.

There’s an amused ripple that spreads through the crowd at that.

It still passes like a whirlwind…

“I’m taking your name…”

She tells me before her “I do’s.”

Father William pronounces us. “I now present to you, loving wives Samantha and Casey Chase.”

There’s a loud applause and the band cranks into a loud post wedding grind and we’re kissing over and over for at least a few minutes as everyone cheers and claps and then we leave heading through the arch of swords through the barn into Brandon’s house followed by everyone else.

We have pictures taken, and we have three cakes one for the armed forces one for the RCMP both sheet cakes and good and a nice four tier wedding cake. We saber cut the military and RCMP cakes and have champagne before we head back to the green house where Chuck’s set up a huge buffet station and there’s tables set up that are just the old folding stuff from the Legion with plain covers but it’s so much more than my dreams.

Buffet, open bar, and a live band.

Oh they’re local high schools girls and they call themselves “The Thimbles.”

It’s hard to dance in our dresses but we don’t care. It’s our wedding so eve that’s perfect.

I’m on my third slice of the armed forces cake…I love my wedding cake but this is a peanut butter cake and it’s so moist it’s almost got that peanut better sticky thing going on.

The food is just good stuff. Rabbit from Eli done French by Chuck, Smoked salmon, Kentucky Fried chicken, Salad, Potato salad, Stuffed mushrooms, Baked potatoes, King crab, Spot prawns and Fanny bay oysters and scallops along with a really good Braised lamb shank for the others. Several veggie and fruit platters just from the grocery store, dips and crackers and stuff.

Big open bar…

And we get to have a lot of fun with the wedding music stuff but we get to have so much X-mas fun too.

I think one of my favorite pictures is with all of us together in our wedding stuff with our Santa hats and stuff on in front of the great big tree.

We had to take a few of those as Ryan flipped up his kilt.

Guess where he put mistletoe?

up
173 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Thanks Grover!

I'm really glad that you enjoyed this chapter and the girls got to start on happily ever after.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

to be continued...

that was cute, confused a few guest though.
this was a truly great chapter, thanks

Very Lovely

Very lovely job on this chapter and thank you for the dedication.

I just gave you the boost up to get you started. You quickly outgrew the need for my help, especially when you wrote so much faster than I could edit.

Congratulations,

Michelle B

Again you make me cry!

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww... *sniffle*

I keep the tissues next to my monitor now when I read your stories Bailey! Beautiful wedding. The moment with Brandon holding the picture of Sam's parents really touched me.



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Sweet, I like how they did

Sweet, I like how they did the uniformed service followed by the white dress service, thanks for sharing this great story.

Big hugs

Lizzie :-)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

Yeah both Sam & Cass are proud to be Armed Forces/RCMP.

It really meant a lot to them to get married in uniform, then the White Dress Service just had to follow.
*Great Big Angel Hugs*
Bailey.
The Godfather;)

Bailey Summers

Once more...with feeling...

Andrea Lena's picture

...something for which I'll never need prompting when I'm reading this story. Go on...admit it...you just like to see me cry! Hah! I love you anyway! Thank you, Bailey!

  

To be alive is to be vulnerable. Madeleine L'Engle
Love, Andrea Lena

Yes Drea but you always cry at these things:)

Though I really liked the idea of a Christmas wedding in a greenhouse with the glass and a nice tree and the Roses and all of that stuff.
I Love You Too Andrea:)
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Tears again

Bailey you got me again - tears aplenty - not from sadness but so many emotions running wild. You are no doubt a wizard having so many stories current and still evoking deep emotions with so few words. My hat & wig are off to your wonderul way with the language.

THANK YOU!!

Ruth

May the sun always shine on your parade

Thank you Your Majesty:)

I'm so glad that this Chapter brought so much to you. I really do enjoy writing for the many readers that take the time to check out my stories. It means the world to hear from all of you as well.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

A Great Wedding, Bailey!

When this started, this isn't where I thought it was going to go. But you knew that. You kinda led us down a road, and then ya' took a detour!

I'm so glad things have worked out for Sam and Casey. But we still need to take care of my bud Brandon- he deserves good things!'

Wren

Never burn our bridges...

I've read the whole serial and love every minute..... Thank you, darling! Ginger xx

Thank You Ginger:!

What a lovely compliment, I've another chapter in the works too:)
*Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers