Jem...Chapter 49

Printer-friendly version

Jem…Chapter 49

Chapter 49

I can’t help it but be happy and hyper really. It was a good day and it’s been a good night really and I don’t know you ever just have one of those nights when you’re having fun and you’ve been having fun but you only feel like you just started having it.

I guess you’d say that’s me tonight.

The girls are quick to follow me inside Lucky’s and Rayne slips an arm around me and we hip to hip girl walk sway into the bar/lounge part of Lucky’s were the band is already playing.

I really am sort of getting this whole girls together thing I mean just walking that way just sort of shouts something inside of me and I kind of like the feeling. It’s like there’s just something saying it’s all good and have fun.

But also damn…Rayne pulling me into that kiss with that whole c’mere woman…if I could do it my nipples would be hard. There’s just something on an emotional level that to me this was a little yay moment. Like Rayne accepted me some more on the whole girlfriend level.

Okay maybe even just thinking about it even being a genetic male I think they are hard under the forms. And the tape tug ‘n bounce of the forms is certainly adding to the Angel experience.

“Angel! Girls!” Charlie greets us as we’re coming into the lounge, He waves us through the guy taking cover charge at the door. It’s pay night for some people actually about half of everyone I know get paid on either Thursday or Friday nights so there’s a good crowd in to see the band and cover charges are something that helps pay the band and cover the money per space issues of a person not here drinking or eating.

He’s smart though because with the hand stamp you get fifty percent off a bowling lane. So as a bar he can be open till two and the show wraps up at midnight there’s going to be some who will play…hmmm.

Okay it’s kind of cool getting let in past the other people in line and there’s a few disgruntled “Hey’s” mixed in with. “No…it’s cool it’s that band from the Pine Tree we told you guys about.” and even an “Oh…cool…” or two.

Wow the girls look shocked and trying to hold in the squee’s as we all go over and hug Charlie making him blush.

“You girls here to scout the competition?”

“Nope just here for a good time and to dance and naturally we thought of coming here Charlie.” I smile and even kiss his cheek with my hug. It’s so oddly cool the way that older guys get when kissed by a girl my age like that. He gets a bit redder which is so cute and he smells…like burgers and onion rings and a hint of cologne. There are worse things you could smell like guys.

We make our way over to the front of the stage where Huron Electric are playing and they’re a native mixed band from North Bay I think and they’re doing a lot of covers too but good hard rocking stuff that I like to dance to or I would’ve if I could’ve before.

They have a video screen and they’re playing some of their rehearsal footage. I think every band should have a good tech guy or have this kind of stuff going on for their shows.

They play…

*At the hundredth meridian.* By the Tragically Hip. I love the hip, great sound.

*Raise a little hell.* By Trooper…oh great tune, great band.

*Black Betty.* By Ram Jam…a great tune old rock and this really shows off how others in the band can play and the girls and I are yelling more than dancing to cheer on the drummer and guitar players..the drumming is amazing on this track…vocals…these guys to me where pre-Black Crows and Red Hot Chili peppers listen to the song and you’ll see where this influenced them.

*Rock your heart out.* By AC/DC a not often covered song of theirs but good to dance to. You know I kind of like to dance now that I’m allowed to as Angel and again there’s the being free thing and just cutting loose I love my long hair, I like the messy girly shake thing.

*Have you ever seen the rain.* By CCR and the lead singer gets everyone doing the “I know!” shout by holding out the microphone and getting us into it. Heck I’m into it…y’know from this side it feels good to yell stuff out.

*Winnipeg is sinking.* By them but it’s a version of New Orleans is sinking by The Tragically Hip but they changed the words a bit and there’s this full screen video of the whole time that the Red River was flooding everything around there awhile back and stuff it looks pretty cool actually and they kind of mirrored the social commentary from the video ‘The Hip’ put out.

The crowd liked it though and it resonates a bit better with us Canadians. I don’t think a lot of people get the stuff behind it or the original just the guitar and sound is good to dance to and people like saying. “Winnipeg is sinking and I don’t wanna swim.”

Rayne especially seems to get a kick out of the thought. Well then again it’s her hometown. That’s the thing about hometowns you either like them or you hate them right? Harper’s Point’s a nice place to live really. Big enough we’ve got decent schools, lakeside so there’s cottages and boaters a plenty, city bus so you’re not cab reliant all the time if you don’t have a car and within two hours drive to the biggest cities in Ontario give or take.

Minus the Marshals and it’d be a really great place. I mean I haven’t had ru ins with the older ones but there’s always stories…plus Adam is likely making up for the more neutral ones.

Bleech…I really didn’t want to think about him tonight.

Huron Electric does another altered cover. *Return to innocence.* By Enigma but there’s a native dancing and spiritual video and the sing chanting in the song is totally taken over by the Amerindian singing in their version. I’ve always liked the song by this native cover is actually IMHO way better.

I lose myself dancing to this with my arms up and sort of trying to dance like I’m at some spiritual thing like the way you’d see Hindu or Arabic girls do. I’m not sure I’m doing it right at all or just being a spaz but it’s a little of my walk like an egyptian dancing and a little belly dancing and a little hip hop and Rayne’s there touch dancing with me like…like that time at The Cat. I lower my arms and dance touch feel back and it’s so intense and there’s this light, this fire in her eyes as we do and I’m touching more and more delicate areas and just…touching not feeling and that’s almost…better or it sure as heck seems to be out here on the dance floor.

*Remedy* By the Black Crowes is next. I like this bad I always have and Remedy has this great cut loose shake it factor and a great sing along chorus too. And Rayne and I slip from touch dancing to shaking it all over again and adding in some sultry bump ‘n grind together…I’m aroused but contained and my blood is pumping as much as anything I’ve ever felt and I’m getting a stage sweat going as I get really into the dancing as they hit the heavy drumming and the great vocals at the last part of the song and…I guess I was really moving out there on the dance floor because there’s space around me and even Rayne gave me a little room by the time the song was done. When it is done there’s a few whistles and “Yeah’s!” and even a couple of shouted “Go Jem!”’s followed by a lot more whistles as Rayne slides to me and she kisses me with a lot of passion and a lot of tongue right there in front of everyone.

I’m blushing like crazy but I’m not telling her to stop…her hand rubs the front of my jeans and is replaced by her leg making me whimper and shiver… “Ohfuck…Rayne…” I press my body into hers. “Don’t…don’t I’ll….it’ll happen right here…”

“Mmm…” Was her response until I cup a breast and let my thumbnail slide over fabric and lace…and I give her a light bite on her neck…I feel her intake of breath and her shiver…I didn’t break skin but she shivered under my lips a little in a good way…? Okay maybe not all goth stereotypes are stereotypes. She pulls away and she’s got this hungry sort of glazed look like I’m sure I’ve got but she pulls me back out into the middle of the dance floor as the band slips into…

*Soul Singing.* By the Black Crowes yeah two in a row but I’m not faulting the choice, good tune, good to dance to and not She talks to Angels which is as overdone as Stairway to Heaven.

Then the lead singer says. “Well it’s late boys and girls and ladies and gents so how about a great slow one before we call it a night.”

This is a great tune, I’ve thought about us doing it as a cover for Tuesdays but it’s just perfect as they do this really great rendition of…. *If You Don’t Know Me By Now* By Simply Red.

I just lean deeply into Rayne’s arms ant let go letting her lead and just going with the music almost like I’m trying to let the song say all that stuff between us…I’m falling in love with those eyes and we just spend the first bit of the song like that and the next part kissing and the last pat just tightly I each others arms our heads on each others shoulders dancing…..

We were still dancing as the lounge was closing up and only stopped when Brook shouts “Hey!”

We look up and Charlie has some stuff from the kitchen out for the band and they’re calling us over. We head over and hand in hand it the entire way where Kimmie and Mike and Brooklyn are sitting with Huron Electric and we get introduced all around.

Nathan or Nate’s the lead singer, Boomer is of course the drummer and Kevin plays base and Anna is the sole girl that plays both rhythm guitar and their keyboards.

We eat and talk and compliment them on their song choices and I can’t help but to tell them how much I really liked “Return to innocence”

I see Mike with his smartphone checking stuff.

Huh…

“Hey, would you guys like to do an interview for our blogs?” I ask them.

“Uhm, what?”

Anna nods. “Sure!, Starlight Butterfly’s got these killer series of blogs all over the net and they’re getting a seriously decent following online and it’s really cool and really candid stuff.”

Nate nods. “Sure we’d be glad to right?” The others nod.

We just sort of let Mike do his thing and we just talk, about songs and song choices and we even start to jam a little.

They convince us to use their stuff to play. And we do a cover of *Guardian* By Alanis Morissette of of her better tracks still with that me and my power my heart feel that Jagged had.

I see people paying to come back into the lounge and sit and listen to us. They’re really quiet and I think Charlie told them we were taping or something.

We do *Invisible* then we do *Oncology* next after that and Mike got a box from somewhere and wrote tips on in with a black marker and set it out.

Rayne plays one of their acoustic guitars and Nate sings as they do *Hurt.* which was done by Nine inch Nails but was covered by Johnny Cash and even the guy that wrote it has said this is Johnny’s song. And we talk about that and how he did this and how it was right before he died it was like this serious eulogy…like fate or something.

I get an idea and we get Kimmie to translate some stuff as we’re talking for our fans in Japan and even the chorus for Nate to sing.

Which leads into this long talk session about songs, influences and song writing and just having a good time they have some old school roots but they also have a serious influence in grunge and garage band stuff.

More than that though I watch the crowd that came back in and there might be only like twenty or so of the but it’s still pretty cool and it started will a girl that looked like she wanted to ask something so I guess I opened the door to it but I turned to the crowd.

“Hey you guys have anything to say or ask?” That added another hour to everything and Anna’s helping Mike with her bands camera stuff and it was still really as late as it was a really good time. I do make sure that they all know this is being taped and will go online, and Mike makes sure that we have that on tape too. Just in case…and now you know why people in crowds can’t go after the band for money say a girl’s boob flashing gets on a video…the back of your tickets usually have a waver printed on them. We’re not going that far just being careful legally and stuff.

It’s kind of cool to do this on our phones because we can just send the footage by e-mail home and keep refreshing the room on the phone for more video. We’ll compile it there.

Charlie kept the place sort of open by putting up a sign saying “Private party.” and by the time everything was said and done he made some more money and they people that stayed were more than generous with their tips. We don’t take any of the tip money instead leave it to be split between Huron Electric and the servers that stayed and we even help them tear down and pack up.

Nate asks. “So when are you girls playing again?”

“Saturday night we’re playing Amsterdam Pub.”

“Played there good stage lots of room. We’ll still be in the area we’re playing in Red Pines Legion the next two nights so maybe we’ll come up and see the show if there’s time.”

“Sure we’re there all night from eight till closing.”

We all actually hug and stuff and get into our vehicles and head home. It’s nearly five AM when we pull into the yard. I look at everyone. “Call in sick day?”

Mike nods. “It’s getting light out it’s not safe for any of us to drive to school or work really.”

I yawn. “As long as we don’t make a habit out of this, we’re not big enough we can live off being a band yet and we’ll get you two in trouble if this gets to be a habit.”

“Yes Mom!” The girls all say together before we all hug and head inside. Brooklyn’s bringing Mike along too and I’m hipsway walking in with Rayne.

Kimmie makes the call saying we had bad sushi…Mike actually You-Tubes the scene where Ferris Wheeler uses his synth to make the barfing noises and plays them loudly in the background and it’s hard to keep from laughing as tired as we are.

I head into the kitchen to make some tea, I usually don’t drink tea but I want to sleep and coffee will keep me up.

We all have tea and settle and post stuff up onto our sites with actually stuff from the mall and us dancing too. I think I look like a spaz when I’m dancing myself and stuff but the girls all say I’m good and that I look hot doing it.

The stuff with the Japanese turned out great actually and I hope it goes well.

And It feels really good to shower and get everything off and head to bed. I was just pulling my sheets back when there’s a light know on my door. I pad over and open it to see Rayne there in just one of her Men’s sized rocker t-shirts.

“Can I sleep with you?”

“Okay….”

I’m nervous and scared and shy letting her in and taking her by her fingers to my bed. Even sleeping I…

“I…I might…Y’know…”

“I know…It’s okay….” She sounds nervous too.

up
269 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Being diabetic, I'm always careful with this story

But life without sweets entirely would be too sad to live in, so I'm really careful to take it in small bits, and savor it. every bit is worth a full embrace and snuggle in to experience it in all it's possible ways.

Draflow

Thanks Draflow, it means a lot really:)

I'm so glad that you've been able to connect with this story. I really was was going for that curl up and be loved thing.
*Big Hugs*
Bailey

Bailey Summers

Owww my heart,

I love this story. I said that before, no? Yes, I did, and owww, do I mean it. I think it's soo sweet, slow, but good.. Heh, that's just the way it's supposed do be, right? Sllooooww and sswweeett.

I can honestly say this series is one of the few that makes me squeal -only a tiny bit, ok, I _am_ a grown woman- when there is a new episode posted. I absolutely adore the wonderful buildup between Angel and Rayne, as well as fear any moment the doubt and angst will strike and all but shatter their budding romance. I hope it doesn't, for, like Angel and Rayne, I'd be devastated, but the lingering anxiety looms from the shadows of their inherent differences, and it keeps us -me- on our toes.

Which is good, this 'sweet' torment keeps it going and riveting.

Thank you Bailey, I love this story. *Oh, I said that.. mmm :S *

Jo-Anne

Wow...thanks so much Jo-Anne:)

What a wonderful comment and compliment. Soft and sensual, slow and sweet it's almost the way this story makes me feel writing it. Keyboard, hot mug of tea and some chocolate and my music.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

What they said!

You do so rock with this story, Bailey! Of course if they post that blog then someone from the school just might figure out they really weren't sick.
hugs
Grover

LOL true but they can say...

they didn't get sick until they got back and Mike posted the stuff if push comes to shove but really unless it gets out of hand truancy isn't something that's a big deal with kids or even faculty these days.
*Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

Sweet and slow, nice Bailey.

I think that sums it up, is it the calm before the storm?

I can feel it in my bones, something is going to happen!

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Thanks Rita:)

I'm so glad that you liked this but there'll be something coming soon...what?
No spoilers.
*Great Big Hugs*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

“I know…It’s okay….”

I hope it will be. These two are something special, and all I want for both of them is all the happiness the author can give them ....

Dam, I'm so jealous of both Angel and Bailey - Angel for having a love like this, and Bailey for creating them in the first place ....

Thanks, Bro. Thanks so much for this.

DogSig.png

great night

that just keeps coming. yeah, you can't try to go to school after that.
great chapter, thanks

Sometimes it's just like that:)

I've had a few of those nights with people and good friends and never regretted them.
*Hugs and Howls.*
Bailey.

Bailey Summers

or a really

good trilogy that you finished at 5 am.

Fingers Crossed

Jemima Tychonaut's picture

As much as it was fun to see the girls mixing with another band (with quite a different sound) the real heart of this chapter was the wonderfully developing Angel - Rayne relationship. That last line is probably going to be make or break for them. Just sleeping together (nothing more) would be a huge step forward for the two girls in coming to terms with the physical truth about Angel.

Fingers crossed after such a perfect evening it all works out for Angel and Rayne!!



"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."

Great chapter, good to see

Great chapter, good to see the girls making connections, thanks for sharing.

Big hugs

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p