'Drea's Choice - A Jaci and Dottie Story

Printer-friendly version

‘Drea’s choice, a Jaci and Dottie story

Andrea sat at her computer, trying to create a story.

Having two “guests” in her house had been a blessing in a lot of ways, but it had seriously cut into the time she could spend writing stories, something she’d been doing for years, even before her transition. First, it had been a way to work out some of the issues that related to that transition, as well as other, personal stuff, but as it evolved, it also became a way to reach out to her brothers and sisters in transition, giving them a smile, a laugh, a tear, an example, or just an escape from their own difficulties.

But since she had suddenly found herself the “Tante ‘Drea” to two wounded trans children, she had little time to write. She didnt mind the tradeoff, but she still liked to write, so whenever her charges were sleeping, she tried to get in whatever writing she could.

But, as often happened, she hadnt been writing long when she heard laughter and giggles coming from the bathroom. She sighed, turned off her computer, and went to see what her little darlings were up to now.

The bathroom wasnt a total disaster, but it was close.

The two girls were in the extra-large tub, splashing and giggling, and from the look of things, a good amount of bubble bath had been used to help the “fun” along.

A parent faced with this type of situation had two choices. ‘Drea wasnt their parent, but she was responsible for them, but she looked at the smiling faces, and made the less common choice.

She dived in.

The girls, who had momentarily frozen when they realized “Tante” was watching them, started shrieking with laughter as the older woman splashed them both.

Much later, after drying off and putting the two girls back into their respective beds, Andrea cleaned up the worst of the mess, and decided the rest could wait until the morning.

She went to her own room, put on a nightgown, and began to pray.

Both Dorothy and Jaci had gone to bed with large smiles, and especially for Jaci, it was a good thing to see, and Drea was grateful for it, and for how the love of the two girls had helped her make peace with her own wounds as well.

So saying a prayer of thanksgiving, she drifted off to sleep, and only had good dreams until morning, which would bring a new adventure to all three girls.
As it does for us all.

up
75 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

oh

very sweet.

Awww...

This is such a sweet story! The warmth and love makes me smile alla way down to my toes. :D