You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 28

Printer-friendly version

You Have It All Wrong Four

By SaraUK

 

Part 28

    Danielle was helping Nana Holly wash the dishes and clean the kitchen on the Friday morning when Lianna entered the kitchen to give Danielle a hug before she left for school.

     “Are you sure you’ll be alright here all day without me?” Lianna asked as she gave Danielle a hug while trying not to get covered in bubbles from Danielle washing the dishes while Holly dried them.

     “I’ll miss you Lianna, but I’ll be fine.” Danielle said as she tried to help calm Lianna’s worries for her. “I need to spend some time sorting out all my new cuddlies and other gifts from my stay in hospital.” Danielle added.

     “I’ll be glad when you start school after the holidays, then we can be together all the time.” Lianna grinned as she got a final hug before she kissed Danielle for the last time and then ran off to join the others before Uncle Brad came looking for her.

     “I bet you’ll be glad to see me start school as well.” Danielle said as she looked over at her Nana Holly.

     “I actually love spending time with you Danielle my dear, but I can see that you miss the others when they're not around.” Holly said as she walked over and gave Danielle a hug.

     “I use to love being on my own, away from all the other kids and foster parents, but here it’s the other way around, I just want to be with them all the time.” Danielle sighed as she enjoyed the hug. “Being at school was fun as well last week on the two days that I went.” Danielle added.

     “I know I’m not as much fun as the other children, but you can help me do some baking later if you want?” Holly asked.

     “I’d love that Nana Holly.” Danielle said looking all excited. “Do you think I could make a heart shaped cake and ice the words ‘I Love You’ on it for Lianna?” Danielle asked with hope in her eyes.

     “I think we just might be able to do that.” Holly said, as she remembered they had a heart shaped baking dish from some project Chrissy and Amy did some time back.

    Danielle was soon learning how to bake cakes and ice them under the watchful eye of Holly, and Brad wandering in and out trying to dip his finger in the cake mix. Danielle couldn’t help giggling when she watched her Nana Holly chase him back out the kitchen waving a wooden rolling pin at him. Even Uncle Brad was scared of Nana Holly she found out.


*****

    Lauren couldn’t help grinning when Brad pulled the minibus to a halt outside the main entrance to the school building, Simon was stood waiting for her, and he looked nervous about something. She got off the minibus and Lianna was close behind looking a little down about being away from Danielle and also over the way Simon had acted the day before.

     “Hi Simon, everything alright?” Lauren asked.

     “Hi Lauren, yes, sort of, but I need to have a word with Liana for a second, if you don’t mind?” Simon asked.

     “No, not at all.” Lauren said as she stepped aside and let Simon step up to where Lianna was stood just behind her.

    Simon went in his school bag and pulled out a box of chocolates and handed them over to Lianna, then he shocked her by giving her a hug and then kissing her on the cheek before he spoke. “I’m sorry I upset you Lianna, and I just want you to see that I don’t care who you once were, and I do see you as a girl, but I was worried about what your sister might think, not that you were once pretending to be my male best bud.” Simon smiled as he stepped back and then wrapped his arms around Lauren and gave her a proper kiss on the lips.

    Lianna blushed as she looked at the chocolates and then up at Simon as he kissed her sister. Lianna was glad he didn’t try kissing her like he was now kissing Lauren.

     “Thank you for the gift Si; and I’m sorry for how I acted yesterday.” Lianna said with a shy smile as she looked at the box of chocolates he’d bought her, they weren’t a cheap box either.

     “So are we friends again?” Simon asked looking hopeful.

    Lianna stepped forward and handed Lauren the chocolates to hold while she wrapped her arms around Simon and hugged him before moving back a little bit and then leaning forward and kissing Simon on the cheek.

     “Now we are.” Lianna smiled. “I’m sorry for thinking the worst of you Si, I should have known better, or at least given you some time to get use to me being like this.” Lianna added as she stepped back a little more and looked down at her girl’s school uniform.

     “I hope you realise that you will need to share these with me, so you don’t get fat and can’t get in any of your clothes.” Lauren said in a dramatic voice.

     “I’d share them with you anyway sis, so there’s no need for the guilt trip.” Lianna giggled. “But I will keep them in my locker until home time.” Lianna added as she took the box off Lauren and tucked it under her arm as they started walking into the school building and towards their lockers.

     “Why do I feel like you don’t trust me sis?” Lauren pouted.

     “Maybe because I don’t.” Lianna pointed out. “I’ll share them at lunch time.” Lianna added as she got to her locker and entered the combination and then placed the box in the locker and closed it again.

    They met up with Ian and a couple of Lauren’s friends and they all walked together down to their homerooms. Simon and Ian were being very protective of their friend after the way Nigel spoke to Lianna the day before, not that Nigel or any of his friends would risk saying or doing anything to Lianna now they had been warned.

     “I was wondering if I could come over to see you tomorrow?” Simon asked Lauren as they walked down the hallway.

     “I’d like that Si, but I’ll be working tomorrow at our mother’s shop, but you can come over and see me when I get home.” Lauren said when she saw the sad look on Simon’s face.

     “What time do you get home then?” Simon asked looking a little happier when he heard he could still go over, just a little later in the day.

     “We normally get home around five, so come over at six, and you can have some dinner with us.” Lauren grinned.

     “Will that be okay with your parents?” Simon asked nervously.

     “You’ll need to meet them sooner or later, if you hope to take me out on that date I promised you.” Lauren pointed out. “Don’t look so worried, it’s not like you’ve never met them before.” Lauren added with a smile as she linked her arm through Simon’s and rested her head on his shoulder.

     “I know that, but I wasn’t your boyfriend then, I was just a friend of Andrew’s.” Simon said with a nervous chuckle.

     “They know about everything you’ve done to help me Si, so you’ll be fine. Both our mothers liked you to begin with, and with everything you’ve done since then, they like you even more now.” Lianna promised.

     “So you’re fine taking on the likes of Nigel Lint, but our parents scare you to death?” Lauren giggled.

    Simon got away without giving an answer due to them getting to Lauren and Lianna’s classroom, so he just smiled and gave Lauren a kiss, before he ran off with Ian, so they could get to their classroom before the bell.

    Lianna had a feeling she was being watched, not that it was a new feeling since she turned up at school dressed as a girl, but this time it felt different, but when she looked around, she couldn’t see anyone taking any special notice of her.

     “You okay sis?” Lauren asked when she saw Lianna looking around like she was trying to spot someone.

     “Yes, fine.” Lianna said with a smile as she entered the classroom and took her normal seat ready for the teacher doing roll call. “Okay, I thought I was being watched out in the hallway. No big deal.” Lianna added with a frown when she saw the look Lauren gave her that said she wasn’t buying it.

     “I think you’re getting paranoid sis.” Lauren giggled. “Next you’ll be saying you hear voices.” Lauren added in a spooky sounding voice.

     “I already do, don’t you hear them as well?” Lianna said in a matter of fact way.

     “I worry about you sometimes.” Lauren giggled.

     “Only sometimes?” Lianna pouted back just before she started grinning.

     “Okay, I worry about you all the time.” Lauren admitted. “Being serious though, I bet you’re just expecting everyone to be looking at you still, but apart from the odd look here and there, most the school have just accepted you.” Lauren added as she shot a look over towards Nigel Lint, who kept stealing the odd look in her and Lianna’s direction.

     “You could be right sis.” Lianna agreed, as she had been having that feeling since she first arrived at school dressed as a girl and let the whole school know her secret.

    They were soon making their way to their first lesson of the day, and Lianna wasn’t shocked when instead of name calling from Nigel, he decided to go with the classic shove out the way just as Lianna was leaving the classroom. Lianna thought it was Nigel’s silent way of letting Lianna know he still didn’t see her as a girl.

    Lianna had the last laugh though when she managed to trip him as he pushed past, making him fall out of the classroom and land spread eagle on the hallway floor with a loud clatter that a large chunk of the school saw as they were coming out of their classrooms.

    The hallway was soon full of children laughing as they all saw Nigel get up off the floor looking like he just tripped over his own feet, but he knew better, and planned to take out his anger on Lianna for making him look like a fool.

     “You little freak! I’ll make you pay for that.” Nigel snarled as he reached out to grab Lianna by the blazer.

    Lianna and all the other kids had been trained in self defence by Carl and Vic, so Lianna was quick to act as she grabbed Nigel’s hand and twisted it around, forcing him to let go of her blazer just before he fell to his knees in pain. “Just because I’m a girl now Nigel dear, doesn’t mean I’ve forgotten how to protect myself.” Lianna said with a smile as she let go of his wrist and let him fall the rest of the way to the floor to leave him on his knees just in front of Lianna.

    Nigel was soon on his feet again and lunging at Lianna fists ready to strike, but he was pulled back by a couple of the male students that were friends of Andrew’s from before the big change. “You don’t hit girls.” A boy called Paul informed Nigel as he wrapped an arm around Nigel’s neck to keep him from having another go at Lianna.

     “She’s not a girl though! I mean he’s not a...” Was all Nigel got out before Paul cut off his ability to speak by squeezing her arm a little tighter around Nigel’s neck.

     “You can have a visit to the headmaster for that little outburst Nigel Lint!” The form teacher said as she heard and saw what Nigel had tried to do and say to Lianna. “Can you make sure he gets to the headmasters office for me Paul?” The teacher asked the boy still holding Nigel in a head lock.

     “Not a problem Miss Bean.” Paul smiled as he turned around and walked off up the hallway with Nigel still in a head lock and Paul’s friend Tim, who had also helped to stop Nigel punching Lianna carrying his school bag for him.

     “Thanks Paul, Tim!” Lianna shouted as she watched the three of them walking away from her.

     “Any time Lianna, what are friends for!” Paul shouted back loud enough and with a not so hidden meaning in his words to warn others not to start trouble unless they want the same as what Nigel was getting now.

    Paul was one of the tallest kids in the school, and he reminded Lianna and the others of what Uncle Brad must have been like at school, and he was just as nice a person as well. He’d been having trouble in Maths once, and Andrew had sat with him and helped him understand the subject better, and in doing so drastically improved his grade, so Andrew had made a friend for life, and it looked like that friendship had been passed over to Lianna now as well.

     “Are you alright Lianna?” Miss Bean the form teacher asked looking worried.

     “I’m fine Miss Bean.” Lianna smiled back to show her that Nigel hadn’t done anything to upset her.

     “I think you better come with me, so we can get this sorted out with the headmaster then.” Miss Bean said as she indicated for Lianna to walk with her in the same direction Paul and Tim had just taken Nigel.

     “I’m fine Miss Bean, and I just want to get to my first class.” Lianna whined like she really didn’t want to make a fuss over it all.

     “I wish it was that simple Lianna, but what Nigel said and did goes against the schools policy, and some form of action will need to be taken.” Miss Bean said as she took Lianna by the arm and made her start walking with her towards the headmaster’s office.

     “I’ll catch up with you later Lauren!” Lianna shouted as she rolled her eyes at the fact Miss Bean wanted her to go and sort out this trouble Nigel had started.

    Nigel was sat in a chair just outside the headmaster’s office with Paul and Tim sat either side of him like prison guards when Lianna and Miss Bean got to the outer office that led into the headmaster’s office. All the fight had left Nigel by this point, and he was looking crest fallen as he realised that his outburst had just gotten him in some real trouble. He wouldn’t make eye contact with Lianna for more than a second or two, but when they did look at each other, all Lianna saw was shame, but she wasn’t sure if it was shame over what Lianna was, or shame over what he’d done and said.

     “Thank you for your help in this matter Paul, Tim, but you can both get to your first class now.” Miss Bean said as she took a seat on another couple of chairs facing the ones Nigel, Paul and Tim were sat on. “Just tell your teacher to come and see me if they have any trouble with you being late to your lessons.” Miss Bean added as she watched the two boys stand up.

     “Yes Miss Bean.” Paul and Tim said at the same time. “And you watch yourself Nigel.” Paul warned as he pushed Nigel in the shoulder to get his silent warning across to him.

    Nigel never replied, but he never looked up at Paul either, which said he got the message and was already regretting what he’d done.

    Lianna found herself feeling sorry for Nigel, even though he’d brought it all on himself, she just couldn’t understand why he suddenly hated her so much. They had never been friends, but they had never locked horns or crossed paths as far as Lianna could remember, but for some reason he hated her, or what she now stood for with being transgendered. She found them all being called into Mr Stanman’s office before she had time to think about it anymore.

    Miss Bean explained what she’d seen happen as they left the classroom, and how Nigel had forced his way past and then tripped while doing so. Lianna was grateful Miss Bean didn’t see the fact that it was her that tripped Nigel as he forced his way past.

     “Do you have anything to say for yourself Mr Nigel Lint?” Mr Stanman asked once Miss Bean had finished telling him the whole story. “I’ve been hearing from other teachers as well, that you’ve been very vocal about your dislike of Lianna.” Mr Stanman added, so Nigel knew he wouldn’t be able to bluff his way out of it.

    Nigel looked up in shock and then let his head drop in defeat again when he realised that anything other than a sorry to Lianna would be a waste of time. “I’m sorry for what I said and did.” Nigel finally said as he looked up at the headmaster.

     “You don’t say sorry to be boy! Look at Lianna and tell her you’re sorry, and make it believable this time!” Mr Stanman boomed.

    Even though it wasn’t aimed at Lianna, she still jumped a little and felt afraid, as did Miss Bean, and she was a teacher. Lianna noticed.

     “I’m sorry.” Nigel mumbled, like he was worried someone other than Lianna might hear him say it.

     “Right, that’s it! I’m expelling you from the school for fighting and causing trouble with homophobic comments.” Mr Stanman said as he went in a draw and pulled out some papers, so he could start filling out the forms that would seal Nigel’s fate.

     “Please don’t expel him Sir. All that’s going to do is give him yet more reasons to hate me.” Lianna pleaded with the headmaster. “I knew I was going to meet homophobes when I came out Sir, but I’ve just been treating him with the contempt he deserves and taking no notice, but I can’t speak for my friends and what they might do if he doesn’t stop his hateful comments.” Lianna said with a hint of a warning in her voice.

     “I am sorry Lianna, and I won’t say another nasty thing about you ever again.” Nigel said with fear in his voice, and a little shock that Lianna was willing to help him stay in school after all he’d done and said.

     “Okay then, against my better judgment, and only because Lianna seems willing to give you another chance, and it was her you upset with your comments and actions. I will let you off with a warning, and a letter will go in your file and be sent to your parents if I hear of you saying one more bad thing about Lianna, or anyone else in the same position.” Mr Stanman warned.

     “Thank you Sir, thank you so much, and I won’t let you down.” Nigel said looking relieved to not be getting expelled. He even looked at Lianna and smiled a thank you to her as well.

     “Very well then, return to your classes and remember what I said Mr Lint.” Mr Stanman warned.

    Miss Bean, Lianna and Nigel all got up and left the office so they could make their way to the next class which just happened the be in the same class, so Miss Bean walked with them to make sure nothing happened while on their way there.

     “I really am grateful for what you did back there Lianna. Thank you.” Nigel said as they walked down the hallway side by side with Miss Bean walking just in front of them.

     “I didn’t want to give you another reason to hate me Nigel. I’ve got enough to deal with as it is.” Lianna said in a cold tone.

     “I don’t hate you Lianna; I don’t know why I kept picking on you like I did; now I think about it.” Nigel said with shame in his voice.

     “This isn’t some weird stunt for me Nigel.” Lianna said as she stopped walking and turned to face him. “This is just how I should have been born, but I don’t expect you to understand any of that, just as long as you look cool in front of your friends. Well have you ever stopped to think just where those friends were when you got in trouble today?” Lianna asked.

    Nigel went to speak and then he stopped and looked to be deep in thought as he realised that none of his so called friends lifted a finger to help him when he was in trouble, but Lianna had two different boys help her when he picked on her.

     “My friends aren’t like that.” Nigel said in a mumbled voice.

     “Don’t look much like friends to me then.” Lianna said just before she started walking again.

    They were soon at the classroom and Miss Bean had a word with the teacher while Lianna and Nigel took their seats. Lianna couldn’t help noticing the daggers Lauren was staring at Nigel as he took his seat and focused on getting his books out and finding what page they needed to be on in their text book.

     “What happened, and why is he still in school?” Lauren growled in an angry whisper.

     “I’ll explain it all to you later sis, where did we get to on this subject?” Lianna asked as she held up her text book for Lauren to help her find the right page.

    Lauren jumped on Lianna the minute they left the classroom. “What happened then sis, and why didn’t Stanman kick his ass out of school?” Lauren said as she snarled at Nigel as he walked past looking scared of Lauren.

     “He was about to, but I stopped him doing it.” Lianna explained as she stopped her sister having a swing at Nigel.

     “Why would you do something as crazy as that?” Lauren asked as she forgot all about Nigel and aimed her anger at Lianna now.

     “I wanted to offer him an olive branch to see if he could work past whatever anger he had towards me.” Lianna explained her reason for helping Nigel stay in school.

     “I’d rather beat him with the olive branch.” Lauren grumbled as she let Lianna drag her towards their next class.

    Lianna managed to calm Lauren down by the time they had their next lesson, but she had just as much trouble with Simon when lunchtime arrived and they all met up at the dining hall. Lianna saw Simon and Ian stood talking to Paul and Tim. Simon was thanking Paul and Tim for helping out with Nigel. Lianna could tell this by the way they grabbed each other’s hand and then banged shoulders in a very macho way as they had a form of a hug while slapping each other on the back.

     “I hear Nigel won’t be a problem much longer.” Simon said when Lianna and Lauren were close enough to hear him without shouting.

     “I got things sorted out with Nigel, and he won’t be getting expelled now.” Lianna said as she entered the dining room while Paul held the door open for her and Lauren to enter.

     “You did what?” Simon asked looking confused as he ran in after them to find out Lianna’s reason for stopping Nigel from getting expelled.

     “I just didn’t want any more trouble over all this.” Lianna said as she waved her hand up and down her body to indicate the girl’s uniform she had on. “He said sorry, and promised not to call me names or cause trouble any more. You and Paul took care of that.” Lianna grinned.

    Jennifer, Jessica and Peter arrived, and Lianna had to repeat the story again for them to hear, but they all understood Lianna not wanting to add to Nigel’s need to poke fun at her, even if Simon was still having trouble with it.

    Once they had all eaten their lunch, Lianna went to her locker and got the box of chocolates out that Simon had given her that morning and they all went out to enjoy the sun and let the others help her eat them. While they made the most of the break before they returned to the classroom for another fun filled afternoon. Lauren had gym again, so Lianna was going to be spending some time in the library, not that Lianna minded doing that, because it meant she could get her homework done and spend more time with Danielle.

    Lianna found herself wondering what Danielle was up to back at the house, or where ever she might be.


*****

    Danielle was all excited as she watched her Nana Holly remove the baking tin from the oven and she saw that the cake was baked. Danielle found herself looking at a heart shaped cake.

     “It worked!” Danielle said as she clapped her hands together excitedly.

     “Of cause it worked.” Holly frowned at Danielle, just before she started giggling at just how excited Danielle was about such a simple thing as baking a cake. “This is the first time you’ve ever done something like this isn’t it?” Holly asked.

     “Yes, they never let me do anything in the kitchen, not that I spent that much time trying.” Danielle sighed. “I tried to be invisible most the time, or just didn’t bother trying to fit in towards the end.” She added as she wiped away a tear.

     “Oh sweetie, you’ve had such a tough little life.” Holly said as she pulled Danielle into a hug so she wouldn’t see the moisture in her eyes as she hugged her.

    Once the two of them had recovered, they got back to their baking.

     “What do we do now Nana?” Danielle asked.

     “We need to take it out the tin and let it cool, so we can add the frosting.” Holly explained. “But you can help me with the cookies and the other cakes while it cools.” Holly added as she led Danielle over to a tray of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies.

     “Hi Uncle Brad.” Danielle said when all the sun was suddenly blocked out by a large figure.

    Even though Brad could move like a ninja, not making a sound as he moved about, his large size made him easy to spot due to the sudden loss of light. “I nearly snuck up on you.” Brad chuckled as he bent over Danielle to see what she was doing. “MMM cookies.” He said as he quickly reached down and snatched one.

     “Hey! Stop that!” Danielle said as she tried to stop him eating the cookie, but he was too fast for her and had it in his mouth in a split second. Danielle was soon giggling when she saw Brad gasping as he realised the cookie was still red hot from just coming out the oven.

     “Serves you right for trying to steal our cookies.” Holly said as she slapped his arm to make him move away from the tray of cookies before he tried to take another one. “Go and get a glass of milk before you end up with a sore mouth.” Holly ordered with a smirk.

    Brad did as he was told, and was soon glugging down a cold glass of milk. He saw Danielle looking at him with a look that said she’d like one as well, so he was soon pouring her a glass out and taking it over to the table where she’d just placed the plate full of cookies down.

     “Here you go kiddo.” Brad smiled as he put the glass down in front of Danielle. “Goes great with cookies, but watch it, they could still be hot.” Brad warned with a grin.

     “Thank you Uncle Brad.” Danielle smiled as she picked up the glass of milk and took a sip from it. “Please may I take a cookie Nana?” Danielle asked politely.

     “Yes, but be careful not to burn your mouth.” Holly smiled. “And yes, you can have another one as well.” She added when she saw Brad looking at her hopefully.

     “Thank you Nana.” Danielle grinned as she picked up a cookie and checked to make sure it had cooled down enough to eat. Danielle found it to be at the just warm stage where you can pull it apart still and chew on it. Danielle was in heaven as she enjoyed the cookie and the cold glass of milk.

     “Thank you Nana.” Brad said trying to sound just like Danielle, this just made Danielle giggle and Holly slap his arm.

     “Don’t get cheeky with me young man, and I don’t look old enough to be your nana anyway.” Holly said in mock hurt.

     “Sorry mum.” Brad said with a chuckle as he kissed Holly on the cheek. He’d been ordered to call Holly mum or mother, just like all the others in the house not of the age to call her nana, so not having a mother of his own, Brad was only too happy to treat Holly as his mother, just like Chrissy and the others.

    They all sat and enjoyed their cookies and milk, or cup of tea in Holly’s case, then Brad said he was going to have a work out in the gym to the side of the pool room, so he could work off the two cookies he’d eaten. Danielle and Holly got to work cleaning up the kitchen while they waited for the cake to cool, so Danielle could carry on working on it as a treat for Lianna when she got home from school.


*****

    Lianna was snapped out of her daydreaming in the library when she felt her phone buzzing in her blazer pocket. She looked around to make sure no one had heard the buzzing, and looked relieved when she saw that no one had. Pulling her phone out and looking at the screen, Lianna looked a little puzzled when she saw an unknown number had sent her a text message.

    ‘Hello Lianna. I am also a student at this school, and I was hoping I could ask you some questions about what you’re going through? Please don’t think me weird, but I think I too might be like you.’

    Lianna looked around the library to see if anyone might have their phone out, or look like they had, but she couldn’t see anyone acting weird, or even taking any notice of her. ‘Hello? I’d be happy to talk with you about my gender issues, but I’d rather do it face to face.’ Lianna texted back.

     ‘I’m scared that others will find out about me, so can we talk like this? PLEASE!!!’ The person text back.

     ‘How do I know you’re not some student playing a sick prank on me?’ Lianna texted.

     ‘This isn’t a prank; I just need to talk to someone about my feelings and needs to dress as a girl and to be a girl. Please believe me Lianna.’

     ‘Do you have a name? Girl name I mean, as it doesn’t look like I’m going to find out your boy name. *frown*’ Liana tapped into the keypad that showed up on the screen of her phone.

     ‘I’ve always liked the name Clare, so you can call me that.’ The mystery person texted back.

     ‘Hello Clare. What is it you want to talk about?’

     ‘Thank you *grin* When did you first realise you were different to other boys?’

    Lianna didn’t want to go into too many details with this mystery person over a text conversation, but she did give a short explanation of how she realised that something was very different, and how much she loved looking pretty like her sister Lauren.

     ‘Are your entire family okay with you being like this?’ Clare asked.

     ‘Yes, but I come from a very understanding family. That doesn’t mean that all families will be the same way, and I’ve been called some nasty names as well.’ Lianna tried to warn this Clare. The last thing Lianna needed was for some other student to suddenly come out to his parents, just to find they can’t deal with it.

     ‘My family would never understand. I think my father would kill me if he found out, he already thinks I’m useless.’ Clare texted back.

    Lianna realised she couldn’t help this person very well over a text chat on a mobile phone, so she decided to take a chance and call them up to see if she could get them to talk to her over the phone, even if they didn’t feel safe enough to come and talk face to face. She brought up the number on her phone and hit the call button. Lianna was soon looking behind her when she heard a song start playing, like someone was using it for a ringtone, that’s when she realised Clare had been in the library all this time with her.

    There was a clatter of books hitting the floor and then the patter of feet running and a door squeaking open and then slamming shut again. Lianna was soon on her feet and running in the direction the song came from, but all she found was a pile of books that had been knocked off a shelf and a fire exit door just closing. Lianna opened the fire exit, but there was no one around.

     “What do you think you are doing young lady?” Came the harsh voice of the head librarian from just behind Lianna when she stepped back into the library and closed the fire exit again.

     “Sorry miss, but I thought I was going to be sick, and didn’t think I would make it to the toilet.” Lianna lied, not wanting to explain the real reason for her being out on the steel staircase, or the fact she’d been using her phone while in the library.

     “How do you feel now my dear?” The librarian asked in a much softer tone as she looked worried for Lianna.

     “I’m feeling much better now, thank you miss.” Lianna said as she made her way back to her bag and put all her books away ready to leave when the bell rang.

    Lianna walked down the hallway looking at all the other students, as she wondered if any of them were Clare, and if this Clare would ever trust her enough to try texting again. Once Lianna got to her final lesson of the day, she took a couple of minutes to send another text message to Clare.

    ‘I’m sorry about trying to call you, I see how stupid that was, and I hope you still want to talk?’

    Lianna never received a reply, but she was hoping that was just because Clare was in a lesson as well now, and had her phone turned off, or just couldn’t reply without someone seeing what she/he was doing.

     “What you doing sis?” Lauren asked in a whisper when she saw Lianna playing around with her phone. “Sending little love texts to Danielle.” She added in a dreamy voice as she fluttered her eyelashes, just before she started giggling.

    Lianna didn’t want to say too much while around lots of other ears, and she was saved from having to say anything when the teacher entered the room and started the lesson.


*****

    Danielle was stood grinning as she looked at the finished cake she’d just made for Lianna and the others to enjoy later. “It looks so amazing Nana.” Danielle beamed with pride. “And I helped make it as well.” She added with an excited little squeal as she turned and hugged her nana.

     “You did more than help sweetie. Other than giving you the odd pointer here and there, you did it all.” Holly pointed out.

     “Will you teach me to cook other things as well Nana? I want to learn how to become a wonderful cook, just like you.” Danielle pleaded.

    Before Holly had time to answer Danielle’s question though, there was the sound of someone ringing the doorbell and Danielle ran off to see who it might be.

    Danielle opened the front door and saw a man stood there wearing a business suit, but it didn’t look smart and expensive like her fathers did. Danielle thought it looked like the man had been sleeping in it, judging by all the wrinkles, and the man hadn’t shaved in a couple of days, but Danielle had a feeling she’d seen him someplace before.

     “Hello Miss. I’m here to see a Daniel Mason.” The man said just as Holly got to the front door.

     “Who’s at the door Danielle?” Holly asked as she looked out and saw the scruffy looking man stood there.

     “You’re Daniel Mason?” The man asked looking angry all of a sudden. “I’m with child services and you need to come with me.” The man snarled as he reached in and grabbed Danielle by the arm as he started pulling her from the house towards his car.

     ‘That’s where I know him from.’ Danielle thought to herself as she tried to pull away from him.

     “Take your hands off her right now!” Holly barked as she went to push him away from Danielle, but the man was taller and stronger than Holly, so he just pushed her away, sending her backwards where she fell over and banged her head on the door frame as she fell, making her see stars.

    The man never stopped dragging a screaming Danielle out to his car where he opened the back door and started to shove Danielle into the back seat.

     “Nana! Nana!” Danielle Screamed as she watched Holly trying to come to her senses and get back to her feet. Danielle now knew where she’d seen this man before. He’d been the one moving her from home to home, while taking no notice of anything the foster parents said to him, and now she was being taken away from the one place she’d finally found where she fit in.

 

To Be Continued Next friday  

 

Story by SaraUK

 

Edited and Posted by SamanthaK


~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~



Child and Parent guide:



Parents Children
Chrissy & Becky Andrew/Lianna, Lauren (Twins)
Amy & Amber Jessica
Ann & brad Jennifer
Sara & Cathy Peter
Mandy & Carl/Carla Craig, Danielle (Adopted)
Jayden & Callum Richard, Nicola (Twins)
Dan & Faith Penny, Christopher

    EDITORS NOTE: Please Comment and/or leave Kudos and let Sara know you like her work please, Any comments on spelling, grammar or the layout of the story please PM me “Samanthak” not Sara. Thank you

up
197 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

A chapter ending

...disguised as a cliffhanger.
But we all know that Brad is still there ;)

Martina

I think...

Nigel Lint is Clare for some reason. The guy from social services is mad for not doing his job and getting caught. He seems to think for some reason thinks that Danielle is his to do with. What I mean about that is I think that he did listen, made a plan to take her for his own sick ways or worse. Lets hope that things get better quick. I have a feeling that the guy not want to met Lianna after they get Danielle back. For I think she will need to be held back from hurting him. Here is the list of top 5 on how I think who what to hurt this man once the family finds out:
1. Liannna
2. Carl/Mandy
3. Brad
4. Chrissy/Becky
5. Nana Holly

Joshlyn Amanda

he don`t know what he´s doing

First his Job is History, second he should find a Hospital for him self, because if Brad or Frank will find him first............
and then will carls lawyers get a go on him, he really don`t has a clue ........poor man

And for Clare theirs stll another option, "Mr Houdini" sounds like the right "suspect"

Greetings Shh12

You Have it All Wrong Four - The Kids Story - Part 28

Glad that Mister Stanman listened to Lianna so that Nigel learned his lesson and possibly will now be friends with the gang. But is he related to Clare or the ghoul who torments Danielle all the time?

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine