A barbie tale (a Jaci and Dottie story)

Printer-friendly version

Andrea was worried. The roast in the oven was almost ready but she was not sure that they would like it. She was currently rubbing her hands back and forth, a nervous gesture of hers, as she waited for the roast to finish. She wondered for the 20th time if she should make a salad or maybe some desert.

Being that the trans support group meeting was to be held at her house for the first time she was understandably very worried. Would they think her place to masculine? To overly feminine? Was the bath towels clean? Did the girls rooms look okay? Would anyone think she was abusing them?

A part of her told her she was being silly and everything was fine. It still didn't stop her worry.

"Betty Archie is mine you can't have him!" that sounded like Dorothy.

"No way! Archie is mine Veronica. I bake for him and fix his car and everything. You can have Jughead." and that sounded like Jacilynn.

"Uh uaa. Veronica always gets Archie in the end!"

"Does not"

"Does too."

Okay something is up! Andrea walks quietly towards the living room. She sees her two charges playing in the same spot as before. Jacilynn is wearing a cute paisly summer dress with cute little bows on her shoulders. Her legs are tucked under her and she has the blond barbie in her hand.

Dorothy is in a cute little black 2 tiered skirt and has a black and white checkered top on with a peterpan collar. She has her legs sprayed out behind her. Her white panties can almost be seen if someone really looked hard. Not the most ladylike position you could tell that Dorothy was more of a pants girl.

What was really interesting was that both girls were playing with the barbies, and apparently were pretending that they were Betty and Veronica from the Archie comics. From the looks of it the Ken doll was the Archie in his old jalopy. Which in this case was the cheap plastic red jeep that they had bought earlier.

It was a half day of school for the girls and Andrea had picked them both up from school. They had both still had their adorably cute uniforms on when they stopped at the yard sale before going to the grocery store. Watching the two girls in the yard sale nobody once questioned that they were anything but two girls. For this Andrea was very happy as her own self doubts constantly plagued her and she didn't want the girls to experience her pain if she could help it.

Dorothy had found the old suitcase with the two barbies and a ton of clothes in it. She was excited about her find and just about dragged Andrea to see it. Jacilynn had spotted the Red plastic jeep and you could tell she was trying hard to be excited about the find. It was also apparent she really didn't want it but was doing it to appear boyish. It hurt Andrea to she the girl try so hard. Mostly out of reflex to be or try to fit the image she had of a boy.

Still the two girls made their purchases and they had continued on their way to the store for the few things she needed for the supper pot luck. Both girls had spent the rest of the car ride back exploring the suitcase. The plastic jeep forgotten.

Andrea reminded the girls to wear something nice for later as she was to have guests. She had not specified what to wear just that it be nice. She really was expecting them both to come down in jeans and tshirts. Dorothy because she wasn't comfortable being a girl around others quite yet. Jacilynn because she though she had to be a boy. Seeing both girls dressed in such pretty clothes all on their own brought a heartfelt smile to her face.

Turning from the living room to check on her roast she still had the smile on her face. At least the red jeep made a believable Archie jalopy.

up
103 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

cute little story, hon

I'm definitely a Betty girl, myself, giggle.

DogSig.png

it's always fun to read a

it's always fun to read a short little story :--)

keep it up, both of you.

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx