You Have It All Wrong Part 1

Printer-friendly version

 

----------=BigCloset Retro Classic!=----------

Caught dressed by his father and beaten unconscious. Chris has to make a decision to leave the one place he had once felt loved. Would leaving home bring his dream closer or shatter it completely?

You Have It All Wrong

By SaraUK

 

Editors note: Blame me for any grammatical errors and typos, not Sarah. I tride my best… giggles. One point, the author is English and some language usage is different from that used in the US.

If you don’t understand a word, use a dictionary…winks. Prudence Walker


 
Admin Note: Originally published on BigCloset TopShelf on Monday 08-06-2007 at 01:54:43 am, this retro classic was pulled out of the closet, and re-presented for our newer readers. ~Sephrena
 


You Have It All Wrong


By
SaraUK

 

Chapter 1

Chris was sitting in the coach heading away from the town he had come to hate. He had no idea where he was really heading, just that he was glad to be going. He watched the landscape pass by from the window of the coach, as he thought back to the last time his dad showed him any sort of attention.

It was a school day some two and a half years ago. He had finished school early due to exams and got home to find the house empty. He smiled and went up to his room and decided to change into something a little more fitting. He walked over to his closet and pulled out a suitcase that had his best friend in, or more to the point, the clothes of the girl that was his alter ego.

You see Chris was a crossdresser. He would take any chance he could to become his female self.

He didn’t know how long he would have, so all he did was sort out a nice bra and panty set and padded out the bra with some socks, then got a skirt and top out and put them on. When he was dressed she made her way down stairs to make a drink and fix herself a sandwich. When she had finished she went back to her room to do her homework and then listen to some music.

She knew she must have fallen asleep, because she was woken with a hand pulling her of the bed and beating her till she was seeing stars.

When Chris looked up, he saw his dad looking like a thing possessed.

“Dad, dad. Stop, please stop hitting me.”

“You little pervert, what the fuck do you think you’re doing.”

But before he could give an answer his dad hit him again, and this time the world went dark as he fell to the ground, out for the count.

When Chris came to again, he was back on his bed and he could hear his mum asking how he was. He could just about see out of one eye and could feel his lip was all swollen.

He was sort of shocked that his dad had done such a thing to him. He was normally such a kind man, even though he never really had any time for him.

He was into his sports, and liked to have a drink and was really one of the lads, if you know what I mean. But Chris was into reading and playing video games.

Mum pulled me from my thoughts when she dabbed one of the cuts on my lip with some cream on a piece of cotton wool.

“Ouch mum, that hurts.”

“I’m sorry Hun, but it will help stop the swelling.”

“Is dad still in the house mum, or has he gone to the pub to tell all his drinking pals about his freak of a son?”

“Yes he has gone down the pub, but I don’t think he will say a word to any of them. It will reflect back on him if he does.”

Chris forced himself to sit up on the bed. The clothes he had been wearing were all ripped. He looked over to the suitcase and saw a pile of ripped up cloth.

He slid off the bed and knelt down in front of the pile and started to weep. His mum came to his side and just felt so sorry for her son. She didn’t understand his need to dress as a girl, but she loved him anyway like all mothers should love their own child.

Chris looked at the rags that were once his nice skirt and top. They were beyond being fixed. So he pulled them off and then walked to the bathroom with a change of clothes.

He took a shower to try and wash away the pain left by his dad, but some of it was just too deep and would never heal. He looked in the mirror and could see how swollen one eye was and the other had a good bruise coming up as well.

Talking to himself he said, “I’m going to have fun explaining this at school tomorrow, but if my dad does tell anyone I won’t have to worry, just be ready for more.

He stepped out the shower, dried himself off, and then got dressed. When he got back to his bedroom, his mum had put all the girl clothes on the bed.

“Chris, what do you want to do with all this stuff? Your dad will not want to see it in the house ever again.”

“Throw it all away Mum. I don’t think I could deal with another beating like that.”

His Mum went to close the case, but Chris stopped her and went to the bathroom to get what was left of his other stuff and put it in the case.

“That’s all of it Mum.”

Just as his Mum was leaving his room, he stopped her and said, “Mum, I am really sorry for all this shame I have brought you.”

His mum put the suitcase down and walked over to him, then gave him a hug and said, “Honey, you could never bring shame to me. I don’t pretend to understand what you did it for, but I love you as much as I ever did.”

What little love there was between him and his dad, died that day. His mum was right about him not telling anyone about how he had found him. But his dad got back from the pub and just looked at him like some stranger and wouldn’t even talk to him.

That is how life continued up to the point when Chris decided it was time to leave. Life at home was very odd. His mum was fine with him, but dad wouldn’t even speak to him. At first he felt hurt that his dad couldn’t forgive him, even though he didn’t feel he did anything wrong. But then he was mad at his dad for beating him as he did and Chris hated that part of himself. He didn’t like being mad at anyone.

Chris knew he had to get some money saved up, so he could get away from home and the town he hated so much. He had no friends there and the only person that treated him like a human being was his mum, but that wasn’t enough to keep him there. He was small for his age so the other kids made fun of him over that, and he fit in with the girls easier due to the fact he wore his hair long and kept it looking nice. More than once he had been called a miss instead of sir, but deep down he was happy when they did.

He got a Saturday job and worked nights at the local club doing glass collecting. Having no friends meant he could put most the money away and as the time went by, he saved a nice amount of money ready for the day he turned eighteen and could move away from home. He did think about moving away when he turned sixteen, but he wasn’t going to be able to do a lot of stuff on his own, so using the extra time to save even more money would mean being able to move further away and get a better start

By the time he was eighteen, he had a nice nest egg saved up and knew he could make a better start in a new town.

On the night before he was leaving, his mum got upset that he was going, but knew that there was no life here for him.

He was packing his stuff in to a large sports bag and making sure he had everything he would need to get started, when his mum gave him a long thin jewellery box. When he opened it there was I necklace in it that had a beautiful chain and a bright purple gem set in a gold heart. He had never seen anything like this before in his life.

With tears in his eyes, he looked at his mum and said, “Mum this is just so beautiful. Where did you get it?”

“I had it made just for you. There is not another like it anyplace.”

Chris hugged her and then put it on.

“I’m never going to take it off again mum that way I know you will always be there with me, close to my heart.”

“I always will be, Honey, and you are welcome back any time you want.”

Chris knew he would never come back while his dad was still alive.

“Mum I will always be ready to come home, but I just can’t while dad is still living here. It’s been two and a half years, and he has not said one word to me.”

“I know Honey, and I wish I could have talked him around, but he never talked back to me when I tried to do it.”

“It’s okay mum, I won’t have to worry about it any more.”

“Chris honey, what are your plans for the future? Do you plan to live your life as a woman, or do you just like dressing as one?”

“I don’t really know Mum. All I know is that I need to go and find myself and see where the road takes me.”

“I really would have liked a daughter, and in a way you always were. Not many men would have done half the stuff you did around the house.”

“Mum, I was more than happy to help. And I know how to cook some great meals as well now.”

He finished packing his bag, and then went downstairs to have a nice home cooked meal with his mum. This was another thing he would miss, his mums home cooking.

He helped her do the pots as dad had already eaten then gone down the pub as he did every night. When the pots were done, he spent some time chatting with his mum before heading off to bed so he could get an early start the next day.

He was woken by the sun shining in through a gap in the curtains. Chris looked at the alarm and saw it was nearly seven am. So he threw back the covers and swung his legs out of bed. He sat there and thought about this important day that would change his life. He still only had his mum on his mind, but knew that he had to get away from here so he could find out just which side of the fence he really belonged.

His mum drove him down to the bus station and waited with him till his coach turned up.

They said their goodbyes and he got on the bus, after making a promise to call her when he got to wherever he was heading.

He said, “I will let you know where to send my PC to when I get a place of my own, but I have my laptop with me, so I can make do with that for the time being.

He got on the coach and looked back to see his mum stood there with tears running down her face, and he found himself doing the same.

And that is how he found himself on a couch heading off to a new life.

Where the coach took him, could not be called a town. It was a City, the bus station was in the middle, so Chris made his way to a taxi rank and went to the taxi at the front of the queue.

The driver of the taxi was reading a copy of the evening paper, but put it down when he saw Chris walking over to him.

“Good evening Sir. Where to?”

“I don’t really know, I’m looking for a place to stop. Can you help?”

“I know just the place Sir. It’s a nice little B&B, run by a friend of mine.”

Chris hoped it wasn’t some little flea infested pit of a place, but could tell that this driver wasn’t really the sort to be seen near a place like that.

“Great, can you take me there then please.”

The driver helped him get his large sports bag and laptop case in the boot of the car, then hopped in and started to drive off down the road.

“What brings you to the big city then, if you don’t mind me asking?”

“Looking for a job and a new life,” was Chris’s answer to the driver.

The driver looked back at his fare in the rear view mirror and could see that there was some past there.

“My name's David, by the way.”

“I’m Chris. If you don’t mind me saying, David, you’re really friendly for a cabby.”

“Is that a polite way of telling me I talk too much?”

“No, no. I have just never met such a friendly cabby before. I wasn’t being rude.”

“It’s okay Chris. I’m just joking with you. I really want to be a tour guide or limo driver one day.”

“I think you would be great at both. I was really worried about finding a place to stay when I got off the coach, but you have really made me feel relaxed.”

“I could see how tense you were when you walked over to the taxi.”

“I hope you don’t think me rude David, but is this B&B a nice place? It’s just that I have seen programs on telly about some of them and I am a little worried.”

“Don’t you worry yourself Chris. Mable runs a good clean place.”

Chris was feeling better and better with every mile they drove or rather inched, as they were crawling through rush hour traffic.

It took over half an hour to get to the place David was heading for. Chris was watching the meter going up as they made their way through traffic such as he had never seen before. He pulled down a side street just off one of the main road and then pulled on to a driveway.

When Chris looked up out the front window he could just see a sign above the lower window of the house, which said Mable’s B&B.

Chris felt silly now, for even thinking it could be a flea-infested pit. The house looked really old and very big.

He got his bag and laptop out of the rear of the car , and was shocked to see that David was coming to the house with him.

David saw the odd look on his face and then said, “Mable and I are good friends and won’t take a lodger unless one of us say it’s okay.”

“Really, I thought most places like this would just be glad of having any guests.”

“Not Mable, she only runs this place to help out certain people that we think need the help, and I think you need the help. Trust me Chris, you will fall in love with Mable.”

Chris couldn’t work out why, but he really knew he would. When they got to the door, David just reached for the handle and opened it so Chris could walk straight in. The house was huge inside, and looked like it went on forever.

“Wow David, this house is massive.”

“That is what all her guest’s say when they stand here for the first time, but I must say that you’ve seen nothing yet. Wait here Chris and I will go and find Mable.”

David walked off down a long passageway and then around a corner and out of sight. Chris was so hoping that Mable would have him as a guest.

It was a couple of minutes before he saw David walking back with a kind looking old lady. They were both laughing at something. Chris hoped it wasn’t anything to do with him.

When they got to where he was stood, the old lady started looking him up and down and then did a full circle around him. When she got around to the front again, she looked him in the eyes for some time until Chris looked away. He missed the smile on her face.

Chris had to look away from this lady as it was as if she could see into his soul. He was starting to panic that she knew all about his past and would have David beat him, just like his Dad did.

“What is your name?” she said in a sharp firm voice.

“My name is Chris, Miss.”

Chris felt like he was back at School when she asked the question. He stood waiting for the next question to be asked.

“I don’t know why you brought him here David. He is not suited to be living under my roof.”

David stood there not saying a word and just looked at me. Chris got the message that he wasn’t welcome, so he picked up his Laptop case and his bag, and made his way to the door.

As he was making his way to the door, Chris stopped and turned. “I’m sorry I wasted your time miss. David if you let me know how much I owe you for the taxi fare, I will settle the bill with you and be on my way.”

Chris just wanted to cry he had no idea what was wrong with him, and why this lady didn’t like him. He was just about to open the door and leave, when he felt a hand on his shoulder.

Chris turned expecting to see David stopping him from leaving until he had paid the fare, but it was the old lady stood there with a big smile on her face.

“You passed the test Chris.”

“Test, what test?”

The lady took Chris by the hand and led him off in to a dining room and sat him at a table.

“Chris, as David told you. I only take on people that I can trust and feel safe sharing my home with. Well the best way I have found to make sure they are good people is to test them. So I say I don’t think they are suited to live here to see how they react.”

“But I didn’t react Miss, so how could you know I am a good person?”

“Chris. You were kind and didn’t lose your temper or look at me in some demeaning way. You just got your things and wanted to leave and then you apologised for wasting my time. That shows you as being a good person.”

Chris couldn’t hold back the tears any more and started to cry. The lady got up, walked around to his side of the table, and gave him a hug.

“I’m sorry Chris for upsetting you. I can tell you have some things in your past that really bother you.”

“No it’s me that is sorry Miss. It’s been a long day and I was so worried about being out on the street that I just feel so grateful to you both.”

“Chris, call me Mable, everyone else does.”

Chris dried his eyes and then said, “Ok, Mable it is then, and thanks for letting me stay here. You have a really great place.”

“Why thank you Chris, but you haven’t seen much of it, so I would hold off on the compliments till you have.”

David who had been standing at the door to the dining room spoke up. “Chris, I’m sorry for the act, but we really do have to be careful. Anyway I better be going. Good luck finding a job Chris.”

“Thanks David, hope to see you again soon.”

“Count on it Chris. See you later Mum.”

“Mum. You’re his Mum. Why didn’t he say so?”

“What and spoil all the fun?” Mable said with a grin on her face.

“How many people live here Mable?”

“With you and me it’s six.”

“Does David live here then as well?”

“Yes he does. He did move away once, but then had to come back. I had trouble with a lodger and had to spend some time in hospital.”

“Oh Mable whatever happened?”

“He got drunk and decided that it would be a good idea to beat on a little old lady.”

“Mable that is just wrong in so many ways. I hope you’re okay again now, you look fine.”

“Oh yes Dear, I made a full recovery. Which is more than I can say for that guy.”

“Did the police get him?”

“What was left of him, he came out the house and up the road and was hit by a lorry on the main road.”

“Good, but more than he deserved.” Chris said with a tinge of pain in his voice.

Mable just looked at him, but could tell that there really was a sad past in there some place. She would get him to open up soon enough.

“Come then Dear, I will show you your room, then give you a tour of the house.”

And with that, Chris grabbed his things and followed Mable off up the stairs.

When they got to the top of the stairs, Chris was amazed at the size of this house. He thought of the police box in that Dr Who program and how it was bigger on the inside than the outside.

Mable walked to the end of the passageway and stopped at the door there. “This is your room Chris. I hope you like it.”

She opened the door and Chris was shocked to see a very large room with a big bed and a dressing table and a walk in wardrobe. But the best bit was the other door that led to his very own bathroom and shower.

“Mable this is amazing, but I could never afford to stay here. I feel I have been wasting your time.”

“Chris, I will take what ever you can afford to give. I own the house and my late husband was a whiz in business so I don’t need the money. I do this to help out people like you, just getting into the city and needing a helping hand.”

“I don’t know what to say Mable. I just didn’t expect to land on my feet like this.”

“My David can pick out a needy person better than anyone I know. I can tell you have some things in your past that are still eating away at you. If you ever feel the need to talk, then I am always around to listen.”

“Thanks Mable. I don’t know if I will ever be able to thank you enough for all this.”

“You just make a go of life here and get a good job and that will be thanks enough for me.”

Chris wanted to give her a hug, but was worried she may see it as an attack, but she must have read his mind, because she held out her arms and they hugged anyway.

“I’ll leave you to freshen up for a bit, but please come downstairs when you have, and I will make you a sandwich.” With that said, she was gone.

Chris walked around the room amazed at how nice it was. It had a feminine look to it, which made Chris love it even more.

He put his bag on the bed and his laptop case, then went to look at the bathroom. It was really a big room, and he knew that he was going to love living here so much.

He took care of business in the bathroom. Washed his hands and then made his way downstairs, to find the kitchen.

When he got to the bottom of the stairs, he walked to the dining room and looked for a door that may lead to the kitchen. He saw a door at the other end of the room so he walked down to it and popped his head around to see if Mable was in there.

“Come in Chris. What would you like in your sandwich?”

“Ham and cheese would be nice if you have it.”

“Sure. One ham and cheese sandwich coming right up.”

He took a seat at the table in the kitchen and waited for his sandwich to come. He asked if he could help before he sat down, and was told that she loved doing stuff for the people who lived there. It gave her life meaning, she said.

“Mable, where is the best place to get a hot meal in the evening?”

“Why do you need to know that dear. Do you think that you’re not going to like my cooking?”

Chris looked a little confused, then replied, “The sign out front said B&B, so I thought I would need to find some place to eat a hot meal for dinner and lunch.”

“Oh don’t worry about that dear. It’s an old sign, I’ve been meaning to get it changed.”

“Oh sorry for mentioning it then.”

Mable came over with a plate full of little sandwiches and put them on the table in front of him.

“Dig in dear, you must be really hungry by now.”

While he was eating the sandwiches, Mable made a large pot of tea and set out six cups. Chris thought that she must know when the other guests would be getting home, or were just coming down from their rooms.

She poured a cup for him and then one for herself then put a cat shaped tea cosy over the pot to keep it hot.

Chris was in a world of his own, planning out what he needed to do about getting started on his female wardrobe, when he was suddenly snapped out of it by a female voice saying hello.

“Hello. My name is Becky, what’s yours?”

Chris jumped up, part in shock and part as a way of being polite to this girl that had walked in without him noticing. “Hi, my name is Chris. Sorry I didn’t see you come in.”

“Hi Chris. You going to be stopping here then?”

“Yes I am. Mable has been kind enough to let me stop here.”

“Mable is the best, she loves waiting on us hand and foot. So don’t go taking advantage of her.” Becky said this with a hard look in her eyes.

“I could never do that. I offered to help make the sandwiches and the pot of tea, but she wouldn’t let me do anything,” Chris was quick to say, worried that he was getting off on a bad foot with Becky.

“I’m just playing with you Chris. You don’t look the sort to take advantage of anyone.”

Chris was warming to Becky really fast. She had this warm glow about her that made you want to just hug her and do anything she wanted. She had long wavy brown hair and large brown eyes that you could stare at for hours.

Chris found himself thinking that if he could be a girl that very minute, Becky would be that girl. He was brought back to the present by her asking if he was done.

“What? Sorry.”

“Have you finished with your sandwich?”

“Sorry. Yes I have, Mable made me way too much.”

“Can I finish it for you then?”

“Sure, be my guest.”

He slid the plate over to her and she picked up a sandwich and started to nibble at it, which Chris found to be so cute.

“Can I pour you a cup of tea Becky?” Chris asked in a somewhat shy way.

“Yes please, Chris, and thanks. I can see we’re going to get on great.”

He poured her a cup of tea and moved the milk and sugar over to where she could add any of them if she wanted to.

Chris kept stealing looks at Becky when she was taking a sip of her tea or looking away. He had never felt so good around people before apart from his mum that is. He hoped deep down that he could form a friendship with her and some of the other guests in the house.

He didn’t need to wait to long to find out what the other guests looked like as they both turned up at the same time, it was a mother and daughter.

The mother was a tallish woman with long blond hair and a really great figure. She had a warm smile and large blue eyes that could almost put you in a trance. Next to her was a little girl that looked like a smaller version of her mum. She had the same blond hair and blue eyes. She also had a chocolate smile, due to a chocolate bar in her hand. She looked to be around three or four.

“Hi Mable, am I too late for a cup of tea?” The lady asked, just before she saw the young man sat at the table facing Becky.

“Oh I’m sorry. I didn’t see you sitting there. My name is Jenna Hitch, and this little monster here is Cathleen.” The little girl looked around her mum’s leg, where she had gone when she first saw Chris.

Chris smiled at the little girl and she could see that he wasn’t going to eat her, or take her chocolate bar away. So she gave him a big warm smile back and came back around to her mum’s side.

Chris stood up, pulled out a chair for Jenna to sit down at, and said, “Hi Jenna, my names Chris. It’s nice to meet you.”

Jenna took the seat and thanked Chris for being so kind. He then got another cup, poured her a one too, and passed her the milk and sugar.

Jenna said, “I could get used to treatment like this.”

Mable came over to the table with a glass of milk and some cookies on a plate for Cathleen, who had moved over to be with her mum. Chris pulled out the chair next to Jenna and lifted Cathleen up on to it. She picked up the milk and took a large drink from it, before putting it down and picking up a cookie and going to work on making it disappear.

Chris sat looking around and thinking how nice everyone was. He really hoped they all stayed this way, but he then thought about the test that Mable given him and how she must have done it for all of them. So they must really be nice people and not like most people that are nice only because they have to be.

Mable informed everyone that Chris would be staying with them and they all seemed happy to have him there. He stayed downstairs for some time chatting and getting to know them all a little bit. But in the end, they could all tell that the coach ride had been a little too much for him, as he was looking to be having a battle with his eyelids.

Mable took charge and said, “Chris honey, why don’t you go and take a nap and I will call you when dinner is ready.”

“Oh yes I will Mable, thanks for the sandwich and the nice welcome.”

“The pleasure is all mine dear.”

Chris got up, thanked everyone for the warm welcomes and then made his way back to his room. When he got there, he decided to change out of his clothes and just slip under the covers for a bit.

He opened his bag and looked for a clean T-shirt for when he woke and needed to get ready to go down for dinner. But just inside was a wrapped present that just said. To get you started on your path to a better life.

He sat on the bed and ripped off the wrapping paper. What he found inside made a tear run from his eye. His mum had got him a bra and panty set and a beautiful silk nightgown in a warm pink colour. He put the nightgown to his cheek and closed his eye for what seemed like forever.

Then he had an idea, so he went to the bathroom and took a potty break and decided to take a quick shower. When he had finished in the shower, he patted himself dry then went back to the bedroom. He then took the bra and panties out of their packaging and set about putting them on.

He took the panties out first and slipped them on. They felt so good as he pulled them up his legs and up over his bum. He ran his hand over the smooth silky feel of the fabric on his backside. Then he picked up the bra, slipped his arms through the bra straps, and then worked the hook and eyes till it was closed behind him.

He felt great in a way he hadn’t felt for a long time. This time there would be no dad to stop him or make him feel less of a person for doing it. He walked over to the full-length mirror on the outside of the door that led into the walk-in wardrobe.

He was a bit disappointed at what he saw, as he was hoping to see a girl looking back at him. But he knew it was going to take more than a bra and panties set to do that. But looking he knew that with a corset and some breast forms, he would have the right sort of shape. He made a mental note to fire up his laptop later and make up a list of shops within the city where he could start and build up his female wardrobe.

After he’d finished looking at himself in the mirror, he picked up the nightgown and dropped it on over his head and took another look at himself in the mirror. Then he went and got into bed to take his nap. The feeling was great as he got into bed as the fabric of his panties slid against the nightgown’s material, he loved every minute of it.

He woke several hours later with the sound of someone knocking on his door. His first feeling was panic as he had a flashback to when his dad had come bursting into his room. But then he remembered that he was not there anymore and he relaxed somewhat. He had locked the door to his room and left the key half turned so even if the person on the other side had a key, they couldn’t get in.

He slid out of bed, loving the way the fabric slid around again and went to the dresser and popped on a T-shirt to hide the nightgown. Then went to the door to see who was knocking.

Chris looked around the part opened door to find Mable stood there.

“Hi Mable. Is it time for dinner already?”

“Hello dear. Yes dinner will be ready in about fifteen minutes. I just wanted to give you some time to wake up before you come down to eat.”

“Thanks Mable. I’ll be down shortly.”

“Ok dear, see you down stairs.”

Chris watched as Mable walked off down the passageway. He shut the door and took off the T-shirt, so he could look at himself in the mirror again for a while. But all too soon he was removing the nightgown and the bra, but he kept the panties on. He figured that no one would see them anyway.

He went downstairs and made his way into the dinning area. Cathleen was sitting at the table wearing a bib. Chris thought back to the mess she got into with the chocolate bar earlier and thought the bib was a good idea. There was noise coming from the kitchen, so he went to see if he could help with anything.

When he got there Mable was just getting a roast chicken out the oven. He waited for her to put it down and then said.

“Hi Mable. Can I help you with anything?”

“Oh hello dear. I didn’t hear you come in. Do you think you can mash the potatoes for me?”

“Sure, no problem Mable. Do you use milk and butter when you mash your potatoes? I don’t want anyone unhappy with me for making a mess of their dinner.”

“Trust me dear, they will be happy that someone else is doing it. I suffer with arthritis and have trouble doing it.”

Chris would never have known if she hadn’t said. He got a bowl out and then set about sorting the potatoes out. He drained the water out then put them in the bowl. He got the butter and the milk outof the fridge and went back and added a bit of each to the potatoes. He kept mashing them till they looked all fluffy and light, then he asked Mable where she would like them.”

“You can take them into the dining area dear. Everything else is done now and just needs taking through to the table as well.”

He picked up another couple of bowls with vegetables in and made his way off to the dinning room. He came back and took a couple more bowls before coming back for the chicken. Mable was amazed at how helpful he was being and wondered if he would change after a couple of weeks. But somehow she just knew that this is how he really was.

Mable felt a bit lost now as she had nothing to take in, but then she saw the gravy boat and went to get that. Before she could pick it up, she saw a hand shoot in and take it away.

“I’ve got that, Mable, come and sit down and enjoy the meal you have spent so much time getting ready.”

Mable turned to see Chris’s warm smile, and she knew she had made a good choice letting him stay.

She knew he would need a lot of protection from the big city. Someone as nice as him would get eaten alive out there.

Chris just stood off to one side waiting for everyone to come and sit down. He didn’t want to take the wrong seat and upset anyone.

Mable walked to the doorway and picked up a hand bell off the shelf next to it. Then she walked out into the hallway and rang it a couple of times.

“Keep away from the door Chris, they will kill you in the stampede.”

“I can understand that Mable, this looks and smells fantastic.”

“Take a seat dear and make a start on it then.”

“I don’t know which seat to take, so I was going to wait till they had all come down and then pick an empty one.”

“Very well dear, but I have a feeling that a little person, not sat that far from you now will want you next to her.”

He looked down and saw the little monster looking up at him from where she was sitting, sporting a big grin. So he sat next to her and hoped that it would be ok with Jenna.

David was the first to show up for dinner out of the others in the house.

“Hi Chris. I hope you’re settling in okay and the room is alright for you?”

“Yes I am, and the room is great. Thanks so much for all you have done, I was so worried about where I was going to be sleeping tonight as I didn’t know anyone or where the best place to stay would be.”

“You had that look on your face when you stepped out the bus station. That’s why I made you come to me for a taxi.”

“Speaking of the taxi ride. I still owe you for the fare over here.”

“Don’t worry about it. I was heading this way to give mum some bits and pieces she had asked me to pick up.”

“You are both so kind, I hope I can repay your kindness some day.”

“I’m sure you will. Just get a good job and do well.”

Jenna was the next one in the room. She had got on a nice floral dress and her hair was tied back in a ponytail. She wasn’t wearing much make-up, just a touch of lipstick and some light eye make-up but she looked amazing.

She saw that Cathleen had claimed him as her eating buddy. She just hoped that he wasn’t too fond of wearing those clothes, as Cathleen had this way of sharing her dinner with anyone that sat with her. But she thought it would be fun to let him find out, and he didn’t look the sort to get upset over it anyway.

Chris was a little shocked when Jenna didn’t take the seat on the other side of Cathleen. So he asked if he was in her seat.

“No Chris. You’re fine where you are. Becky always sits on the other side of her, and it looks like Cathleen really wants you to sit there. Cathleen is not normally so fond of men, but she has taken a real shine to you.”

Chris wondered if she could see something grown-ups couldn’t see. But his train of thought was broken by Becky coming into the room.”

“Hi everyone. Hope you didn’t start without me. Hi Chris, did you get any sleep?”

Mable beat everyone to the answer to Becky’s question. “We wouldn’t dare start without you dear.”

Becky looked at all the food then said, “This all looks amazing Mable. You really do spoil us you know.”

“Oh piff. Its just a little something I chucked together.”

Everyone laughed at how easy she made it all sound. David stood and started to carve the chicken as everyone started to pass the plates around. Pretty soon they all had chicken, then they all set about getting stuffing balls and veg. Chris liked the look of the roast potatoes so he took a couple extra when everyone else had taken what they wanted.

Chris was a little worried about the mashed potatoes when everyone only took a little amount, but it was a short-lived worry when Becky said how great the mash was for once. Everyone tried the mash and pretty soon it was all gone from the bowl and piled up on plates.

Mable said, “I can’t take the credit for the mash. It’s all thanks to young Chris here. He came down and asked if I needed any help, so I gave him the task of doing the mash. I must say that he does a nice mashed potato.”

“David turned to Chris and said, “Looks like you got a job then Chris. Chief potato basher.”

Everyone laughed at this and Chris was flattered. “Thanks, but all I did was put some milk and butter in and then mash it all up.”

Jenna said, “He is modest too. Chris do you realise how few young men even know how to boil a pan of water now days?”

David said, “I’d just use the kettle it’s easier that way.”

“Ha Ha, very funny David.” Jenna said.

“I was just happy to do my little bit to help out with dinner. Mable did all the work really. I can do a lot in the kitchen though Mable, and I would love to cook the odd meal. If you ever want to take a night off and be waited on for once?”

“I would like that very much Chris. We all help out around here, and do what we can to help each other out. Like babysitting Cathleen while Jenna is at work, or popping to the shop for one another.”

“I’m more than happy to do anything I can to help out.”

Everyone set about eating the great meal that was in front of them. But it wasn’t long before Becky and Chris were helping Cathleen eat hers. She was trying to cut up a peace of chicken with one of those kids’ knives when she shot it of her plate and on to Chris’s knee.

“I sorry Chiss. But de food is fight with me again.”

Chris gave a little laugh at the way she said his name. Then said, “Don’t worry Cathleen, it will wash out.”

As Cathleen was turning back to her plate, she caught her elbow in the mash and put a big spot on Becky’s top.

“OOPS, sorry Becky. I being a pain tonight aren’t I?”

Becky smiled at the worried look on Cathleen’s face and then said, “I’ll have to punish you for that now, young lady.”

Cathleen looked worried for a second, until Becky said, “I’m going to tickle you till you can’t stop laughing.” With that, she started to tickle Cathleen till she was screaming and laughing, but unable to speak a word.

When they stopped playing around. Becky helped Cathleen straighten up and they got back to eating their dinner. When the meal was over, Mable asked if anyone wanted pudding. They all said yes, so Mable went to sort it out. Chris asked if she needed any help, but Jenna was already getting up to go lend a hand.

“You keep Cathleen entertained while I go help Mable.” Jenna said as she disappeared into the kitchen.

When Jenna got into the kitchen, Mable said, “What do you think of young Chris then Jenna?”

I think he is a really nice young man Mable. There is just something about him that is different than most other young men his age. I was wondering if he was gay.”

“Oh trust me Jenna, he’s not gay. I saw the way he acted when he first saw Becky. He was all shy, and then couldn’t stop looking at her when he thought she wasn’t looking.”

“Do you think that love is in the air then Mable?”

“We will have to wait and see. But I think they would make a great couple, and I have never seen Becky act so friendly with a male before. I can see that Chris is just a great person.”

“Mable, I hate to say this, but with how nice Chris is, I am worried that he will get eaten alive out there, or taken advantage of.”

“I know what you mean Jenna, and that is why he is here with us, so we can all make sure he gets a fair deal.”

“You’re one in a million Mable.”

Mable just smiled in a way as to say thanks, then kept making the custard while Jenna got down some bowls, then she got the apple pie out of the oven and cut it, then served it into the bowls. Jenna made a couple of trips into the dining room with the bowls and then came back for the custard, so Mable once again was left with nothing to do, so she made her way into the dinning room empty handed.

As Mable was sitting at the table, she saw that Chris was sorting out Cathleen with some custard to go on her apple pie, and once again she thought to her self, that she had made a good choice in letting him stay.

When Chris had finished with helping Cathleen, he turned to the table and took a spoonful of the apple pie and some custard and put it in his mouth. The pie was amazing, it tasted as good as his mum could make.

“This Pie is really nice Mable, you’re an amazing cook.”

Mable looked for a second, then said, “How did you know it was homemade dear?”

“My mum bakes her own pies, and they taste just like this. No shop brought pie could taste this good.”

Mable blushed, and the rest of the table had to laugh. “Chris you know how to flatter an old lady. Thank you and I am glad you like the pie.”

When everyone had finished eating, and were all enjoying a nice cup of tea, Chris got up and started to clear the table.

“You don’t need to do that Chris.” Mable said.

“I want to Mable. You cooked a really great meal, and the rest of you have all been busy working all day in one way or another. So the best way I can say thanks to you all is by clearing the pots.”

“That’s kind of you Chris, but you have nothing to prove to any of us.” David said, and all the others backed him up with a chorus of hear hears.

Chris felt a warm feeling deep down that he had never really felt before, which made him want to do the job of clearing the pots even more. Once he had cleared all the pots, he made one more trip back to the dining room to make sure he hadn’t missed anything. Jenna was getting Cathleen cleaned up and David had gone to his room, which left Becky and Mable sat talking, but they stopped when Chris walked in. Chris was a little worried when he realised that they were talking about him, but put it aside when he though about it a little more as they were just saying what they thought about him. So he made his way back to the kitchen and made a start on doing the dishes.

Mable and Becky had got so carried away talking about how nice Chris was that they forgot that he hadn’t come back from the kitchen in some time. So they went in search of where he could be. When they got to the kitchen, they found that he was just about finished with washing all the pots, so Becky grabbed a tea towel and made a start on drying them, and Mable started to put them away. In no time at all, they were all done, and Mable made a fresh pot of Tea and they made their way back to the dining room to sit and talk some more.

Mable tried a number of ways to get Chris to open up to her. Even Becky had a go, but Chris would change the subject every time they tried to get to close to finding out about his past. Or more to the point, the past that would make them all turn against him.

It was late when they decided to call it a night, Mable and Becky said they would clear away the cups and stuff, so Chris could head upstairs and finish sorting out his clothes.

Chris smiled then said, “Thanks for talking to me for so long, and thanks for the great welcome.”

Chris turned to head upstairs, but was stopped by a hand on his shoulder. He turned to see which one of them it was and found he was face to face with Becky. She gave him a big hug, then kissed him on the cheek. “That is what I call a great welcome,” she said.

Chris just went thirty shades of red, and rushed out of the room, as Becky stood giggling at him.

“Becky, that was just evil. You’re going to give him the wrong idea about how you feel towards him.”

“I’m sorry Mable, but I really do love him. I know that sounds weird, but he is just such a sweet person. If he was a girl, he would be my best friend.”

“I know what you mean Becky. I don’t think he has a mean bone in his whole body. I just wish I knew what made him leave home.”

“If anyone can get him to open up and spill it, I know you can Mable.”

“I’ll give him some time to trust us more then I will try again.”

As they were chatting, they cleared the pots away and then hugged and made their way up to their rooms.

Chris had fired up his laptop and was searching through a folder of shops in the area that sold breast forms and all the other stuff he would need to get him started on the path to becoming the girl he so needed to be. He was a little worried that he would be kicked out as soon as they found out about what he was, but he was hoping that he could find a job and move out before they discovered it. He made a list of shops that were local to where he was now, and would go visit them tomorrow.

With all his clothes put away, he put the nightgown back on and went to bed, and had dreams of himself living his life as a woman, going shopping with Becky, and even dancing with David. He thought it weird when he woke in the morning, but then just put it down to being a nice dream due to how nice they had all been the day before.

When he got out of bed, he smiled at the fact he could wear the nightgown and not worry about his dad, or anyone else bursting in and beating him to death. He was really enjoying being around so many people now, and getting on so well with them all, but he still worried about them finding out. He knew that he would then be kicked out.

He got changed out of his nightgown and changed his panties for his normal underpants. Then he went to the bathroom to wash out the panties ready for tonight, unless he found some new ones today while he was out, and if he had the nerve to actually buy anything.

With the panties drying in his bathroom, he made his way down for breakfast. Cathleen was sat at the table, and Jenna was in the kitchen sorting out a bowl of coco pops for her. Becky was just coming out of the kitchen with a plate of bacon, sausage and eggs. She put her free hand around his shoulder and gave him a hug and said good morning. Chris went all red and wondered if she was just teasing him, but she didn’t seem the type to lead people on. So he put it down to her just being friendly.

“Morning Becky. Is there any more where you found that?” He said as he pointed at the plate of food.

“Yep, Mable has made enough for everyone, just go in and help yourself.”

“Thanks Becky.”

As he got into the kitchen he could see the plates of food sat waiting to be taken away and eaten, but he didn’t want to seem like he was expecting, so he asked if they needed any help.

“Good morning Chris.” Mable said

“Good Morning Mable, Good Morning Jenna. Something smells nice.”

Help yourself to a plate and get stuck in Chris. Just leave anything that you don’t like, and then tomorrow I can make sure you get just what you want.”

“It all looks good Mable. Thank you.”

He took a plate and made his way to the dining room. He took the seat next to Cathleen as he had last night, as Becky was already sitting on the other side of her.

“How did you sleep last night Chris?” Becky asked.

“I slept really well, thanks. I didn’t think I would as I’d slept for a long time yesterday afternoon.”

“It must have been a long day, and all the worry of leaving home, must have stopped you sleeping very well for some time.”

“I hadn’t really thought of it that way Becky, but come to think of it, I guess it could have.”

“What are your plans for the day then Chris?”

“I was just going to take a look around some of the city, and see what work is out there.”

“I wish I could come with you and show you around, but I have to get to work early today.”

“Where do you work Becky?”

“I work in a clothes shop down town. It’s a real shame you’re not a girl, or I could have got you a job there.”

Becky never saw the pained look on his face as he thought about yet another reason he hated his life.

“Well, I can’t do anything about that, can I.”

Becky knew that it was a rhetorical question, so never offered an answer, and Chris didn’t expect one.

Becky got up from the table and was about to take her plate in the kitchen when Chris said, “Leave the plate where it is Becky and I’ll take it in with mine when I’ve done.”

“Are you sure Chris? I don’t want you to think that I’m putting more work on you.”

“I wouldn’t have offered if I minded. Now go and get ready, and have a good day at work.”

Becky went around the back of the chair that Chris was sitting in and gave him a hug from behind and said, “You’re going to spoil me.” Then she gave him a kiss on the cheek, and left the room to get ready for work.

Chris finished up his breakfast and then looked to see how Cathleen was doing with her coco pops. She hadn’t made too much mess, so he cleaned her up and then took all the dirty dishes into the kitchen to make a start on the washing up. Mable was sitting at the kitchen table drinking a cup of tea.

“Thanks Chris for bringing in the dishes for me. If you put them over there, I’ll finish this cup of tea and make a start on the washing up.”

“Don’t worry Mable, I’ll make a start on the washing up and then I will let you wipe, as I don’t have a very good idea as to where everything goes.”

“You really don’t need to, hon.”

“I know I don’t need to Mable, but I want to.” Chris smiled at Mable, and she smiled back and then relaxed back into the chair to make the most of the extra rest she was getting.

Chris was half way through the dishes when Becky stuck her head around the door and said she was off to work now. Mable and Chris both said have a good day, and she was gone.

“What do you have planed for today Chris?” Mable asked.

“I’m going to head out and do a little clothes shopping, as I don’t have much in the way of clothes, and I wanted to get to the job centre and see about finding a job.”

“What sort of job are you looking for?”

“I’m not really sure. With me not being very butch, I guess it would have to be office work or something in a kitchen. I’ve done bar work, so I was thinking about that, but the pay isn’t very good.”

“I do have some contacts in the business world still, from when my husband was still alive. So if you need any help, please ask.”

“Mable, you’ve done more than enough already for me. I couldn’t ask for any more.”

“All I would be doing is getting you through the door, dear, as to whether you got the job would be down to you.”

“Thanks Mable, if I have any trouble, I will let you help me. But I really want to try and do this on my own.”

“As you wish Dear, and I wish you all the luck in the world.”

With the pots all washed and placed to dry on the draining board, Chris headed up to his room to get his coat and the list of shops he wanted to go to, and was on his way. The first port of call was a newsagent to get a street map of the city, so he could get around easier.

Once he had the street map, he worked out where he was, and where the shops were, he was luck because most were within walking distance of each other. Being that it was a nice day he decided to walk to the shops, as it only looked like a couple of miles on the map.

It took him forty-five minutes to walk to the first shop on his list, and he was happy to see that the shop was empty. He stood outside for some time, then finally took a deep breath and entered the shop. It looked to be empty until he heard a voice saying they would be right out.

Chris started to look around the shop at all the Bra’s and panties and the corsets on the walls. He was looking so hard at all the nice things that he jumped a mile when a lady tapped him on the shoulder.

“I’m sorry miss, I didn’t mean to make you jump. I did speak to you, but you were miles away.” As Chris turned to face her she said. “Oh, I’m sorry sir.”

“It’s my fault really, I shouldn’t have been walking around without you here.” He blanked the Miss part of the sentence.

“If you don’t look around sir, how will you know what you want to buy.”

“I was just looking for something nice for my girlfriend.

The woman had been looking at Chris as he walked around the shop, and the thing that Chris didn’t know, was the way this woman could tell when men were in here looking for a girlfriend or wife, and when they were looking for themselves.

As Chris was about to add to the lie, the woman put up her hand and stopped Chris as he was about to speak.

“Sir, my name is Mandy, and I own this shop and I can tell when a man is looking for a girlfriend, and I can tell when they are looking for themselves. So forgive me if I have this wrong, but are you really here to buy some things for yourself?”

Chris stood with his mouth open for what seemed like a lifetime before speaking.

“Yes I was here looking for some stuff for myself. I’m sorry for lying to you, and I will leave now. So please don’t call the police.”

Chris turned to leave the shop and was about out the door when he felt the woman touch his shoulder again. So he turned around expecting her to make fun of him, but she just smiled and said, “Please sir. I’m not asking you to leave, I just wanted to let you know that I don’t mind you looking and even trying some stuff on. I can even help you if you need it.”

Chris was once again in shock, but this time he saw some light at the end of the tunnel.

“So you’re not shocked or repulsed by what I am?”

“Why should I be? A large part of what I sell goes to gentlemen like you. They will spend a lot of money, and I have a good name for being straight with them and making sure they get the right garment in the right size.”

Chris couldn’t help, but smile. He had found someone willing to help him get what he wanted. Mandy saw something she liked about the young man when he smiled.

“Right then sir, what are you looking for?”

“Please call me Chris. I find sir to be a little hard and cold.”

“Ok, Chris it is then. Do you have a list, or were you just passing and wanted to impulse buy?”

“I’m really just starting out, and have always wanted to try a corset, and I want to buy a set of breast forms, and some bras and panties.”

Mandy led the way to a fitting room at the back of the shop and told him to take off his jacket and top so she could take some measurements. Chris wasn’t worried or nervous letting Mandy take all the measurements and when she was done she asked, “What sort of breast size was you thinking about going for?”

“I hadn’t really thought about it that much. But I don’t want them too small, or too big.”

Mandy stood and looked at Chris for a couple of minutes, then went out back. It was a couple of minutes before she came back with a stack of boxes. She looked at the end of a couple of boxes until she found the one she was looking for.

“Here we go Chris. This is a 36c, and it should give you a nice shape, but not be too big for your small size.”

Mandy took out a little pad of adhesive strips and put one on the back of the breast form, then pressed it to his chest. She then did the same with the other one. When she let go of them both Chris was amazed at how heavy they felt. His instincts told him not to move his hands away to far as they would fall off, but Mandy said, “You can take your hands away Chris. They’re not going to fall off. You could jump up and down and they will stay where they are.”

Chris jumped up and down a couple of times and she was right, they didn’t fall off.

“They feel so heavy, but I really love it. Do you think I look alright with them this size?”

“Yes I do, they will look great when you’re out and about. Do you want me to find a corset for you to try with them?”

“Yes please.”

Mandy left the fitting room and went to find a corset for him to try on. It wasn’t long before she was back with a white corset. She loosened the cords and then unclipped the front so she could wrap it around his waist. She then re-clipped it closing it and walked around to the back, so she could start to tighten the laces.

“Don’t panic Chris, but I am about to start tightening the laces now. You will find it hard to breathe at first, but if you take small breaths you will be fine.”

As she pulled the laces in, Chris could feel the panic starting to set in, but he took small breaths and managed to calm himself down again. She had picked a corset that would give him a nice female shape, so when she finally tied it off, his body took on a realistic female form.

He was looking in the mirror trying to get a better idea of how he would look when wearing a dress or a tight top. Mandy could almost read his mind and she handed him a Lady fit T-shirt to try on. He was just about to put it on, when she stopped him and went to find a bra to put on first, as the breast forms had semi-erect nipples that would look great under a T-shirt, but would also have every man looking at him for all the wrong reasons.

She was soon back with a white bra to match the corset. She helped him get it on and then she handed him the T-shirt to put on again. Once he had the shirt on he could see just how good he now looked. All he could think was Wow.

Mandy was smiling at him as she looked at himself from all angles. She looked at his face and then thought that with a little makeup and his hair down, he would look really good and not much like a man at all. He had no shadow on his face and the shape of it was more female than male.

“You look really good Chris. What do you think?”

“I’ don’t know what to say Mandy. You did an amazing job with me.”

“You do realise that you could pass for a female, all you need is a little makeup and have your hair done right.”

Chris looked in the mirror at his face, and tried to see what Mandy was seeing, but couldn’t, so Mandy came up behind him and pulled his hair out of the hair band and let it fall around his face.

“Now can you see what I mean?”

She was right. Now that his hair was down and with the female shape he had with the corset and breast forms. He really did look like a girl.

“I don’t know anything about putting on makeup. That is one of the things I need to sort out, but I have no idea where to start.”

“I’d be willing to help you. I’m no expert, but I do know a little about it.”

“You’ve been so good to me already, that I couldn’t put on you any more than I already have.”

“You’re no trouble Chris, and Wednesdays are always quiet. You have given me something to help pass the time.”

“What will your boss say if she comes back and finds you teaching me how to put makeup on?”

“There isn’t anything to say, she has just offered to teach you.” She had a big smile on her face as she finished saying it.

Chris pointed at her, then said, “Oh I forgot that you mentioned that you own this place? But you don’t look old enough to own your own Company.”

“It used to belong to my Gran, but she got too old to run the place, so she gave it to me for my 21st birthday.”

“So you just took the place on then?”

“I’ve been running it for the past three years now.”

“So you’re telling me that you’re 23 now?”

“Nope, I’m 24.”

“Wow, you don’t even look 21.”

Mandy blushed and then said, “I bet you say that to all the girls.”

Chris looked down at the floor and didn’t say anything for some time. So Mandy asked him what was wrong.

“I’ve never had a girlfriend, and I’ve always had trouble talking to people. I use to think I was just shy, but as I got older, I came to realise that it was more the fact that I was worried they would see right through me and make fun of how I was feeling.”

“Do you mean because you like to dress as a female?”

“Yes, and I was scared that they would then beat me to death for it.”

“That doesn’t happen as much as you think it does, and with how good I could make you look, they wouldn’t even know that you’re not a real girl.”

“I’ve already been beaten till I passed out, that is why I am so worried about doing it again.”

Chris went on to tell Mandy about his dad finding him dressed and then beating him, and what had brought him to this point in his life. Mandy had tears running down her cheeks when he was finished with his story. She pulled him to his feet and gave him a big hug, then went to get a tissue to wipe her eyes.

“So you’re looking for a job then?”

“Yes, but I don’t have much idea what I would be very good at, and I want to look at living my life as a female at some point. But I have read horror story’s about Transgendered people being fired once they came out. So I am a little confused about what to do.”

“I have an idea, if you’re willing to trust me.”

“What sort of idea do you have, that would help me?”

“You could work here for me. But you would have to do it as a female.”

Chris just stood gaping at Mandy as the words she spoke sank in to his grey matter. Part of him wanted to jump at the chance to do it, but then the other part started to put questions in his head that he had no answers for.

“I don’t understand. You’ve only just met me and you’re willing to give me a job. Why?”

“People say that I’m really a good judge of people, and I can tell that you’re a good person Chris, and I can see that with some help you would make a really good looking woman. So please let me help you become that person.”

“A large part of me wants to say yes, but I have to think about Mable and the others. They would kick me out if they found out about me wanting to be a girl.”

“Why don’t you come to my place in the morning, and you can get ready there. That way, they will never need to know.”

“I don’t know Mandy. What if someone sees me go in as a boy, then come out as a girl?”

“Chris, take a look at yourself now in the mirror. You have no make up on and with your hair down, you already look like a girl. So they will just think you’re getting changed at my place. Why don’t you give it a go, you have very little to lose.”

Chris let out a big sigh and then said, “Ok Mandy, I trust you, but I am worried that you’re just having a laugh with me. Do you really want to help me?”

“Chris Hon, I would never hurt you, I think you’re one of the sweetest people I have ever met. Now let’s get you some makeup on, and see what we can find for you to wear, we have to go do some shopping.”

“What! You want me to go out dressed as a girl now?”

“Sure, I need to get you some clothes to wear for work tomorrow, and we need to sort you out with your own makeup and some other bits and bobs.”

“What am I going to wear to go shopping in? All you have in the shop are undergarments. I think I will look a little foolish walking down the street in a corset, bra and panties.”

“Don’t worry Chris. You look to be around the same size as me, and I have some extra clothes out back. I some times go out clubbing after I finish work, so I like to have some clothes here to change into if I work late, and don’t have time to get home to change.”

Mandy grabbed Chris’s hand and took him through to the back of the shop, and then up a set of stairs. Once at the top she opened a door at the end of a passageway and pulled him in.

The room was half full of boxes with brand names on and there was a bed in the other half and a small kitchen in the far corner. Chris worked out that it must have been some sort of a flat, or bed-sit at some point, but was now just a storeroom. There was a door at the other end of the room that led to the kitchen. Chris saw another room with the door open and he could see it had a shower in it and a toilet. Just behind the door was a table with a mirror and a light. Spread out all over the desk were different sorts of makeup. Mandy walked over to a wardrobe and opened the doors so she could look for an outfit that would suit Chris for their shopping trip. “What sort of clothes do you like to wear Chris?”

“I’m sorry Mandy, but I don’t have much of an idea of what would look good on me.”

Mandy had her back to Chris and was rooting through the wardrobe trying to find just the right outfit for him to wear. She pulled out a couple of tops, and then found skirts to go with them, but she wasn’t happy, so she put them back and kept looking till Chris heard her say, “Perfect, this is just the look we need for your first time out shopping.”

Chris was expecting something that was going to make him look like a hooker, but he was shocked to see her holding a pink top and a black mini skirt with a studded belt around the waist. She asked what shoe size he was.

“I’m a size 5 in a men’s shoe. I have small feet for a man.”

“You’re in luck then Chris, as that is the same shoe size as me, so you can take your pick of my shoes, or boots.”

She got out some shoes and a couple of pairs of boots for him to have a look at. He fell in love with a pair of boots that had a side pleat and stud detail with a three and a quarter inch heel.

Mandy smiled and said, “Nice choice, they will go great with the skirt and make your legs look fantastic at the same time.”

She went over to a stack of boxes on the other side of the room and then came back with pair of panties, which Chris later found to be a gaff. He had read about them in stories on the net, but had never seen a pair in the flesh. Mandy sent him into the bathroom to take the rest of his clothes off and put the gaff on. Once that was done he came back out and was a little shy about being so naked down below in front of a woman. The gaff covered his small package, and with it tucked between his legs, he was left with a smooth looking front.

“You’re looking more like a girl every minute Chrissy.”

“Chrissy, why are you calling me Chrissy?”

“I can’t go calling you Chris while we are out and about, so I thought that Chrissy was a nice name, and close to your male name that you wouldn’t miss me calling you while we are shopping.”

“Very true, and it is a nice name. Thanks Mandy.”

“You’re welcome Chrissy. I’m having a lot of fun doing this with you.”

She handed him a pair of black tights to put on and a padded panty girdle to give him an even more female shape. She showed him how to get the tights on without putting runs in them, and then she helped him get the panty girdle on. Once that was on she handed him the skirt, it slid up his legs and gave him a real thrill as it slid up his nylon clad legs. Mandy told him to take the T-shirt off and put the pink top on before he fastened the skirt. Once he had changed the tops over, he finished pulling the skirt up, and fastened it and then did the belt up. The skirt was a perfect fit with the corset on to make his waist smaller.

Chrissy stood looking at himself in the mirror on the back of the wardrobe door, when Mandy told him to sit on the bed and put the boots on, so he could get the full effect of how he really looked. So he sat on the bed and Mandy helped him put the boots on as he was having trouble bending too far over with the corset on.

When he stood up again, he could really feel the height of the heels, and he knew he was going to have trouble walking in them.

“Mandy, I think I may have to choose a different pair of shoes, I don’t think I will be able to walk in these.”

“You will be fine Chrissy, you’re just not used to them yet. I will help you to walk in them. I’ll have you walking like you’ve been wearing them for years in no time at all.”

“I hope you're right Mandy. I would hate to cause you any trouble while we’re out.”

“You could never do that Chrissy. Now come over to the makeup table, so I can get to work on making you even more pretty.”

She sprayed his hair with some water, then took a pair of curling tongs and started to add some wave to his hair. When she had finished with his hair she started to add some makeup to his face. She didn’t need to do too much, as he had a natural look anyway, and all the padding and the corset had done the rest.

Mandy had covered the mirror, so he had no idea what he looked like. Just as he thought she was done, she told him to put his head back, and she put something in his eye, then did the same with the other one.

“What have you done with my eyes Mandy? They feel funny.”

“Just blink a couple of times and they will start to feel better in a minute or too.”

She did a bit more work with his eyes and then said, “All done. Do you want to see what you look like?”

“I think I do, but I am scared at the same time. Please tell me that you haven’t made me look like a clown.”

“I’ll let you decide that for your self Chrissy. Now close your eyes and stand up.”

Mandy led him over to stand in front of the mirror on the wardrobe door.

“Ok Chrissy, open your eyes.”

He opened his eyes and was facing a really stunning looking woman. It took him a couple of seconds to realise that it was him in the mirror. He moved his hand, and she did the same, but in a mirror image.

“Mandy, what have you dome to me?”

“Mandy looked a little worried and said, “Do you not like what I’ve done?”

Chrissy could see the hurt look in her face and said, “No Mandy, I love it. But I don’t look anything like my normal self. I am really looking and can’t see any of my male self. And my eyes, they are blue now instead of brown. They really make me look like a different person.”

He stood looking at himself for a couple more minutes, then turned to look at Mandy. It was as if she could read his mind and she put out her arms to invite him to have a hug. When they broke the hug, she could see that he was about to cry till she told him not to as it would mean her having to redo all the eye makeup again. She had her hands on her hips as she said it, and she did look a little funny trying to act all bossy.

“Now we have you looking so good, I need to put some war paint on myself, and then we can see about going and doing some shopping.”

She sat and started to work on her own face just as she did with Chrissy. He watched for a short time, but was soon back looking at himself in the mirror. He was still shocked that the girl in the mirror was himself.

He was pulled from his posing when he realised that Mandy was stood looking at him.

“Sorry Mandy. I just think you’ve done such a great job. You’re a real genius.”

“Not really Chrissy. You’re a very good-looking woman, and those looks are wasted on a man. You were born to be a girl.”

She handed him a little black jacket that went with the skirt and a purse with his wallet and makeup in.

“You ready to go do some shopping Chrissy?”

He took a deep breath and said, “Not really, but I think we should get going before I find I can’t move from this spot.”

They made their way downstairs, and Mandy pointed out little things that he could do to improve his walk and look even sexier as he took each step. She had him walk up and down the shop till it looked like he had worn heels all his life. He had an amazing set of legs that left Mandy feeling really jealous of him.

Chris was loving every minute of being Chrissy. For the first time he felt complete. He walked over to a mirror on one of the sidewalls and was looking at how Mandy had done the makeup, and how good he really did look. He couldn’t see any trace of his male self at all. He was that transfixed on his reflection that he never heard the buzzer on the shop door go. It wasn’t till he saw a woman stood next to him that he realised someone had come in.

Chris jumped when he saw the woman looking at him, then the woman said, “Oh, I’m sorry dear. I thought you heard me enter the shop.”

It took Chris a couple of seconds to find his voice, but just as he was about to speak he heard Mandy speak.

“Hi Gran. I didn’t know you were coming into town today.”

As Mandy spoke she walked over to where Chris and the woman were stood and they hugged, then the woman spoke.

“I was down the road booking a holiday, and thought I would drop in and see how things were going, but ended up frightening this young lady here to death.”

“I’m sorry Gran, this is Chrissy. She is going to be helping me out around the shop for a couple of weeks.”

“Hello Chrissy, Pleased to meet you. It’s about time you got some help running this shop. It used to take up all my time and I never had any of the Internet stuff that you do.”

Chris could see that Mandy was trying to divert her Gran every time she tried to get him to speak, so Chris took a deep breath and spoke.

“Hello Ma’am, I’m pleased to meet you.”

“Oh please dear call me Carol. Ma’am makes me sound like royalty.”

“Pleased to meet you Carol. This is a really nice shop you have.”

“The shop is all Mandy’s nowadays, I’ve retired, I want to get out and see some of the world why I am still able to.”

“Where you thinking of heading off to then Gran?”

“I’m going on a cruise, that way I get to see a lot of different places in one long trip. I will be away for six weeks.”

“Don’t forget to send us the odd post card. I don’t want you to forget about us.”

“Oh Mandy, how could I ever forget about you dear.”

“I’m not sure how to take that Gran. Am I really that much trouble?”

“Mandy, you know what I mean. I love you too much to ever forget you.”

“I know what you mean Gran, I was just teasing you. We were just about to shut up the shop and head into town to do some shopping, do you want to come with us Gran?”

“Thanks for the offer dear, but I would only slow you down, and I need to call in and see your mother about keeping an eye on the house for me while I’m away.”

“Ok Gran. If I don’t see you before you leave for your trip, I hope you have a great time, and I’ll look out for the post cards.”

“I’ll send you one from every port we stop at. And it was really nice to meet you too, Chrissy.”

She gave Chrissy a hug and then gave Mandy one, and was off out the door. Mandy turned to Chris and said, “Where did that voice come from?”

Chris smiled then said, “I used to practice all the time at home, and I got real good at it. I used to talk to people on the phone back home and see if I could fool them, and I did every time.”

“Is it hard to keep it up?”

“Not at all. I feel more normal talking like this. I think the male voice is more of a put on than this one is.”

“When I saw my Gran walk in the shop, I was worried that you would panic and run away, but you just looked so calm. What were you thinking?”

“I wanted to run, but then I looked in the mirror again and thought that you had done such a good job with me that I had to see if she would notice anything.”

“My Gran is normally a good judge with people, so if you can fool her you can fool most.”

“I’m glad I could then. What do you think she would have done if she did find out?”

“Knowing my Gran, she would give you a job like I did. She was the one that alerted me about others like you coming to the store, and how they spend a lot of money here.”

“Is that why you’re doing this for me, so I will spend lots of money here?”

Mandy looked at Chris a little hurt, then said, “I didn’t mean for it to sound like that Chrissy. I saw something in your eyes when we first spoke, and I am hurt that you would even think I did all this just to make some money out of you. And to prove that I don’t care about the money, you can leave now and take all that you’re wearing and have it to keep at no charge.”

Chris knew he had said the wrong thing, and how Mandy was acting he knew that nothing he said would help. So he started to walk towards the back room and head up stairs to change back, but as he got to the door that led to the back room he turned and said, “Mandy, I’m really sorry that I even thought that you were doing this just for the money. And I am even sorrier that I said it. I’ll get changed and if you could let me know what I owe you for the stuff I will be on my way.”

“Chrissy, stop! Please don’t change. I can understand why you’re thinking what you are, but I am not doing this for the money. I just felt that I needed to help you.”

Chris just stood there waiting for Mandy to tell him what he should do then, if she didn’t want him to get changed. In the end he said, “What do you want me to do then Mandy?”

“Why don’t we start again as friends, and coworkers?”

Chris smiled then said, “I would really like that Mandy, I was worried I might have blown my chance.”

“I’m sorry for getting angry. It must be confusing for you to go from a confused male to a sexy female in the space of a couple of hours. And to have it done to you by a girl you have only just met.”

“It is a bit scary, but I feel as though I can trust you more than anyone. That is why I felt so bad about what I said.”

Mandy gave him a hug and then went to get her purse so they could make a move. Once she had her bag and Chrissy had his/hers they walked to the front of the shop and headed out the door. Chrissy was a little slow to exit the shop, but Mandy sort of pushed him out so she could lock up.

“You feeling okay Chrissy? It’s not too late to turn around and head back in.”

'Baby steps, baby steps.' That what he kept saying to himself as he started to walk up the road.

“I need to do this Mandy, I feel more at ease with myself than I ever have before. I just hope I don’t make too many mistakes.”

“Chrissy you look every bit the sexy young lady out on the town to do some clothes shopping or night clubbing.”

“Promise me you won’t run off and leave me stranded? I would never be able to go back to Mable’s dressed like this.”

“Friends don’t leave other friends stranded.”

“Sorry, but I’m not used to having friends. I’ve always been a bit of a loner.”

Mandy put her arm through Chrissy’s arm and pulled him along the road as she said, “Well you’re not a loner any more Chrissy, and I’m sure you will have a lot more friends once you give in to the fact that you were born to be a girl.”

It was close to lunchtime when they got into the town centre so Mandy asked if he was hungry.

“I could do with a drink, and maybe a little something to eat, but I am still a little nervous to have too much.”

“I don’t know what you’re feeling nervous for, the only looks I’ve seen you get are from guys checking you out.”

“I’ve been too busy looking down at the pavement to look at any one I’ve walked past.”

“I know you have, that is one of the reasons I wanted to stop for something to eat, so I could talk to you about it. With how you look, you need to hold your head up high and be proud of how you are dressed. If you keep looking down like you are and acting all shy, people will start and look even closer at you and then they may work out who and what you really are.”

“I hadn’t thought of it that way.”

“Just be yourself. You have always felt like the body didn’t fit the mind, but now you have the look of the body, so just use the mind with it.”

Chrissy smiled at what Mandy had just said. It did make sense to just act like he felt.”

“Thanks Mandy, I guess I have been sort of holding back as a male, where as a female I can just be who I feel I am.”

They both looked through the menu and ordered a sandwich and bottle of water. They sat chatting about the shops they would go and look at and Mandy asked Chrissy if there were any places he would really like to go and look at. He went to get the list out his pocket, but then remembered that the list was in his other jacket.

“I did have a list, but I left it in my other jacket. I was trying to get an outfit together, but as I am out fully dressed that the list wouldn’t be much use now.”

“I guess not, but we do need to start and sort you out with clothes for work, and some makeup so you can practice at home.”

“I thought you said I could come to your place and get changed. Like I said, I wouldn’t be able to get dressed and get out the house.”

“And you still can, but you need to practice at doing it yourself, so I want to make sure you have all the stuff so you can turn yourself into the way you look now. I will sort you out with a second set of breast forms, so you can fully dress at home whenever you want to, or if you feel like you need to get out for a bit enfemme.”

“I don’t think that would be a good idea, what if some one comes home and finds me.”

“I’m sure there will be times when you have the place to yourself, and you will be glad of the chance to be yourself.”

Chrissy thought on it for a bit and had to agree with what Mandy was saying, there would be times when he could dress, and he could always just stay in and hide in his room and dress. He was feeling more alive than he had in a long time, and it was all thanks to the move away from home and the great people he had found. He only wished he had moved a long time ago. He was brought out of his daydreaming when the waiter arrived with the food. They both said thanks and made a start on their sandwiches. Normally Chris could eat the sandwich and maybe another, but with the corset on he was having trouble finishing this one, so he had to admit defeat and stop.

“I guess wearing a corset is a good way to lose weight. I feel really full and I have only eaten half of it.”

“I have the same problem, but it is better than feeling hungry all day and living on lettuce and water like some girls do.”

“I didn’t think you wore a corset. I just assumed you had a great looking waist from eating the right things or getting to a gym.”

“I like to think I do eat right, but I never get the time to go to the gym, and I’m not into looking like a girl that works out.”

“I know what you mean, I think more and more woman are starting to look more like boys. They don’t have any shape to them.”

“That is what makes you look so good Chrissy. You have some meat on your bones and with the corset, you have a stunning figure. I noticed that you don’t seem to have any hair on the legs or arms, do you shave them?”

“No. I’ve never had to shave them, or my face. I kind of got lucky there.”

“Do you ever think that you are a girl, but with a birth defect?”

“I’m not to sure, I’ve never really gave it any thought. But wouldn’t I have grown breasts if I was a girl?”

“True, but it is sort of odd how you look so good now you’re all dressed up, where as before you looked a little androgynous.”

“Thanks Mandy, you really know how to make a girl feel special.” Chrissy put her hand to her chest and batted her eyelids at her. Mandy had to laugh at the way she did, as she looked really cute.

“Don’t be silly Chrissy, you know what I mean. I think you look really beautiful as a girl.”

Chrissy went red in the face and had to look down at the table when she said, “Thanks Mandy, but you did all the hard work. If you hadn’t done my makeup, I’d look like a clown.”

“It’s true I did the makeup and gave you the clothes, but what’s under the makeup and in the clothes is all you. Apart from the breast forms and the corset, but there are a lot of girls out there that would love to look half as good as you do now.”

“I could sit and listen to you talk to me like that all day Mandy.”

“I bet you could, but we need to do some shopping before everywhere closes.”

Chrissy went to look at his watch, but remembered that he’d taken it off back at Mandy’s shop.

“Damn, I feel lost without my watch on. I knew I would forget to put it back on.”

“I’m glad you did, that is a mans watch. What did I say to you about not doing stuff that will give you away? We will add getting you a woman’s watch to the list, and the time is just after one.”

“If it’s just after one, then we have lots of time to get what we need.”

Mandy put her hand up to Chrissy cheek and said, “You poor child, you have no idea what it’s like to go shopping as a woman yet.”

Mandy pushed her Chair back and got her purse and stood up, while Chrissy just looked at her with a blank look on her face, then she said, “Mandy, what do you mean? Mandy, Mandy?” Mandy just smiled and walked off to pay the bill.

Once the bill was paid they made their way in to the first of many clothes shops they would go in before they finished for the day. As they were coming out of one clothes shop Mandy saw a jewellery shop across the way and headed over to it. She had seen a sign in the window advertising ear piercing.

“Come on Chrissy, we need to get your ears done so we can start and get you some nice earrings.”

Chrissy was having so much fun that he never gave it any thought as they went into the shop. Mandy asked about the ear piercing and the girl on the counter shouted to another girl who wandered out to the shop front, “Amy we have someone wanting their ears pierced, can you sort it?”

“Sure, follow me.”

They followed the girl into a room just off to one side. She gave Chrissy a board to look at, so she could pick the studs she wanted to have. Chrissy had very little idea so she looked at Mandy to help, which thankfully she did. Mandy showed the girl what she wanted and the girl went over to a set of small drawers and came back with one of the shelves and loaded the gun. Chrissy was looking really nervous.

“Don’t worry Hon, this doesn’t hurt much at all.”

She still braced for it, but there was just a thud, thud, then she moved around to the other side and did the same. Chrissy was feeling a little silly for acting so nervous.

While Chrissy was having her ears done, Mandy had gone back out to the front of the shop to look at the watches. She was just paying for something at the counter when Chrissy came back out. She walked up to where Mandy was stood and went to get her wallet out, but Mandy said, “No need to pay Chrissy I’ve already done it. Did you like the choice of studs I chose for you?”

“I’ve not looked to see what they look like yet. Miss, do you have a mirror I can use?”

The girl went under the counter and came back up with a mirror and handed it to Chrissy. When she saw what Mandy had got the girl to do, she was in shock. She was not sporting just one stud in each ear, but two. She didn’t want to make a scene in the shop, so she waited till they were back outside.

“Mandy, how could you let them put two studs in each ear. Won’t I look a little odd when I am back to my old self?”

“I’m sorry Chrissy, but I just thought you would look so cute with the two in each ear. And your hair will hide them most the time anyway.”

“I guess you're right. But from now on you ask before you do anything like that.”

“Ok Chrissy, I promise. Come over here and sit down, I have something to give you.” She led him over to some seats and they both sat down. Chrissy hadn’t realised just how much his feet were hurting till he sat down.

“My feet are beginning to hurt quite a bit. How do you walk in them all day?”

“This is your first day of wearing them for any length of time, as you wear them everyday, your feet will change their shape so you will get used to them.”

“I hope so. I really like the feel of them as I walk.”

Mandy was looking in the bag they got from the jewellery store while Chrissy was talking, when he finished, she handed him a box, then said, “Happy Birthday, Chrissy.”

“It’s not my birthday Mandy.”

“This is the first day of you being Chrissy, so it sort of is, and I hope that you like what I got you.”

Chrissy opened the box and took out a beautiful lady’s gold wristwatch.

“Mandy this is so beautiful, but I can’t accept it. You’ve done so much already that I can never repay you for it.”

“The happy look on your face this afternoon has been thanks enough for me. I think it was about time that you had some good stuff happen to you. Do you need a hand to get it on?”

“I should be able to do it. Thanks Mandy, you’re the best.”

Chrissy reached over and gave her a hug to say thanks. Then he put the watch on and sat looking at it. It even had the right time already.

Once he had finished admiring the watch, Mandy said it was about time they started again on the trek around the shopping centre. So they picked up the bags they had and started again. As they got to the end of one run of shops Chrissy saw a really nice top, so Mandy dragged her into the shop to see if they had it in his/her size. They found the rack with the tops on, but they didn’t seem to have the right size. They were about to give up when they heard a voice say, “Can I help you with anything? We do have some more of those tops out back in some different sizes, if you let me know the size you’re looking for.”

Chrissy turned to say what size she was after. “Do you have it in a size...?” That was all she got out as she was stood face to face with Becky. Mandy could see that something had got to Chrissy, so she finished the sentence for her.

“She’s after a size 8 if you have one. It’s been a long afternoon, so she is getting all forgetful on me.”

Becky just stood and looked at Chris as Chrissy for a couple of seconds. Chris was sure that she knew it was him but then she said, “I’ll go and look out back for them, I won’t be a second.”

Once she had gone Mandy turned to Chrissy and she could see that he was shaking.

“Chrissy what’s wrong? You’ve gone as white as a sheet.”

“That was Becky, the girl that is staying at Mable’s with me. I need to get away from here now!”

“Chrissy, there is no way she knew who you were. She would have said something.”

“I really think we’re going to be pushing it if we stay and keep talking to her.”

“And if we go before she comes back, she may try to work out why we left and then put two and two together and get four.”

Before they had time to go any place Becky was back with the top that Chrissy had seen in the shop window, and she had it in a couple of different colours. Chrissy and Mandy both loved all the tops in all the colours, so they took them all. Becky was a great sales person, she put the customer at ease and you wanted to stay and shop there, but Chrissy wanted to get as far away from that shop as he/she could.

Just as they were about to leave the shop Becky said, “Do I know you from some place? You sort of remind me of someone, but I can’t put my finger on it.”

Chrissy thought, here we go. Get ready world, I am about to be exposed in the middle of a busy shop.

But Mandy jumped to the rescue when she said, “We were in here earlier today looking for some other pieces, I bet you saw us then.”

“That’s probably it. We do get a lot of people in and out of here. Have a nice day, and please come back again soon.”

Chrissy smiled and then left the shop, thinking to herself, as she left, “Not if I can help it.”

Once they got around the corner Chrissy fell against the wall and had to take a couple of deep breaths to try and calm herself back down.

“Chrissy, are you okay?”

“Am I okay! I just had to stand and face the girl that I share a house with and she thought I was just a normal girl. I feel like I just aged twenty years.”

“She never even guessed who you really were. That was so cool!”

“I can think of a couple of words for it, but cool is not one of them.”

“I bet there was part of you that really loved that.”

Chrissy had to think for a couple of second then said, “It was fun, but I thought she was about to work it out, until you said that we had been in there earlier in the day. I’m glad you were thinking straight.”

“It was nothing, I wasn’t the one in a panic. If I was then it would have been you saving me.”

Mandy gave Chrissy a hug and they picked up the bags that had fallen to the floor and made their way to the local taxi rank. Once they had got into the taxi they went back to the shop, so Chris could get his clothes and change back, but Mandy told him to stay dressed until they got to her home. So they grabbed all the bags and put all his male cloths in a bag and loaded all the stuff into the back of her car. The car she had was a nearly new 3 series BMW, he realised that she really was making this shop pay well.

“Nice car you have Mandy.”

“It’s my one pleasure in life, I love to get out in the country and drive for hours at a time. The next time I go, I will invite you along.”

“I would really love that Mandy.”

Once the car was loaded they locked up the shop and then got in the car and made their way to Mandy’s house. Chrissy was shocked to learn that she only lived a couple of streets down from Mable’s place, which meant that he wouldn’t need to travel too far to get ready for work. Mandy pulled into a driveway of a large sized house, Chrissy leaned forward in his seat to look at the house.

“This is your home?”

“Yep, it’s not much to look at, but it does for me.” She had a grin on her face as she was saying this, so Chrissy knew she was joking.”

“And you live here on your own?”

“Yep, it can get a little lonely, but I love the place too much to move.”

“Why did you get such a big place in the first place?”

Mandy got a pained look on her face then said, “I brought it with my husband, but he was killed in a car crash a couple of years back, and now I just can’t bring myself to part with the place. He was a builder and had his own company, so he did a lot of the work himself, so as you can guess it has a lot of meaning to me.”

“I’m sorry Mandy, I didn’t mean to bring back bad memories for you.”

“I don’t have any bad memories where my David is concerned. He was a real sweet guy, and did anything for anyone.”

Mandy looked to be deep in thought for a short time, then she let out a sigh and opened the car door and got out, Chrissy did the same and they both went to the boot and collected the bags before they made their way to the house. Mandy opened the front door and then walked to a panel on the wall and punched in the code to turn off the alarm system.

“You’re safe to enter now Chrissy. Put the bags down over there for now, I will show you, which room to put them in once we’ve had a drink. Do you want tea, or coffee?”

“Tea would be nice. Is there anything I can do to help?”

“Not really, but please feel free to follow me to the kitchen, once the kettle is on I will give you a tour of the house.”

“It looks like a really nice place you have. Do you not get lonely here all on your own?”

“I don’t really get that much time to be lonely, as I spend most of my time at the shop, or in my office here working on the web site for the shop or listing new items on EBay. Today was the first time I’ve had a day off in God knows how long.”

“I’m sorry to pull you away from your work. You can leave the tea if you need to get back to work?”

“I didn’t mean it like that Chrissy I’ve really had a good time today, it was nice to get out and have some fun and I know that you had a good time.”

“I really did, thanks for the day Mandy. If I died this minute, I would die happy. I really felt like I was being the real me for the first time.”

“Does this mean you’re not going to become Chris again?”

“I would love to be able to stay as I am now, but I don’t think Mable and the others would be as understanding as you have been. And they were good enough to give me a roof over my head. So I will stick to coming here in the morning and getting ready, if that is still ok with you?”

“You know it is, you’re welcome here any time you want to come over and talk or if things get too bad for you at Mable’s.”

Mandy put the kettle on and then gave Chrissy the tour around the house, she had five bedrooms and each one had its own bathroom. Then Mandy showed Chrissy her office which was really impressive. She had two PC’s and a laptop in there. When Chrissy asked why she had so much hardware Mandy said that with a lot of her business being done online, she needed to be able to get on the net at anytime. And if one machine went down, she had another one to use while she got it fixed.

“Do you know much about computers, or the internet Chrissy?”

“I had no friends and I spent a lot of time in my room growing up, so what do you think?”

“I’ll take that as a yes then.”

“Sorry. Yes I did a course at school on web design, and I have played around with building a couple of sites, but I can’t do some of the more complex stuff. I hope you don’t want me to build you a new site.”

“No I had the site built by a proper design company, so all I have to do is update it myself using easy to follow instructions, it would be nice to have someone else help me to update it though.”

“You’re the boss, so I will do what ever you want me to.”

“Please don’t call me Boss, it makes you seem like you’re less of a person, and I like having you as a friend more than being just a Boss.”

“Ok, I won’t call you Boss. Boss.” Chrissy had to giggle as she said it, and she got a slap on the arm for being cheeky.

“Sorry Mandy, I couldn’t pass up on that one. I’ll do what ever I can to help you out with the business.”

“I’m sure you will Chrissy, and please feel free to make suggestions as to what we can do to increase the turnover.”

“I don’t know much about the lingerie business, but I will try my best.”

“That’s all I can ever ask from you Chrissy. Come on, let’s see if the kettle has boiled, I’m dying for a cup of tea.”

The office was just down the hall from the kitchen, so they didn’t have far to walk to get back to the kitchen. The kettle had boiled, but Mandy switched it back on to make sure it had, then she went over to one of the cupboards and got a couple of cups out and some tea bags and set about making two cups of tea. Once they had their tea they sat at the kitchen table and started to chat about what time Chrissy would need to be around for in the mornings for her to be ready in plenty of time to leave for the shop.

“I don’t open the shop till 11am and then we stay open till 5pm. I used to open at 9am, but no one came in much before 11, so I started to open a little later. I used to be home earlier and I would work on listing stuff on EBay and then making sure the web site was all working fine. But I can do that from here these days, and I do still take my laptop with me and I have Internet Broadband at the shop, and with you helping me out, I should be able to get a lot more done.”

“What time do you think I should be around here, then?”

“I think if you’re here just after nine in the morning, that way you can practice doing your own hair and makeup. Then we can then take a nice steady drive in to work.”

“I was a little worried that I would have to be here at a silly time like seven. At least with me leaving at nine, it will look like I’m heading out to a normal job.”

“It is a normal job, Chrissy.”

“You know what I mean, Mandy.”

Chrissy was quiet for a couple of minutes, and Mandy could tell that she wanted to say something.

“What’s wrong Chrissy? I can tell you want to say something. You can talk to me about anything, and I won’t get angry with you. I understand that a lot has happened to you in a short time, and I am here to help you.”

When Chrissy looked up Mandy could see she had been crying, so she went around to where Chrissy sat and asked what was wrong?

“I’m sorry Mandy, I’m not upset I’m just really happy, and I owe it all to you. There have been times when I felt like killing myself, and this was my last chance to make a new life for myself.”

“Chrissy, if you ever feel like you have nothing left to live for, Please, Talk to me! I have been so busy with the business that I don’t really have any friends to speak of and you're more like a little sister to me than a friend, and I don’t plan on losing you now.” She gave Chrissy a hug and then got a tissue to wipe her eyes.

“There’s no point fixing your eye makeup, as its getting late and I guess you’ll need to be getting back for dinner.”

Chrissy looked at her new watch and saw that the time was getting on and Mable would be expecting him for dinner. He looked a little sad as he said, “Yes you're right, I better get changed. Can you point me to the room that you said I could use to change in please.”

“Sure, follow me.” Chrissy followed Mandy out to the hallway so they could collect the bags they had brought in with them and then followed as Mandy headed off up the stairs. When they got to the top Mandy walked down the hallway and headed towards the bedroom that Mandy had said was her room, but instead of turning towards her bedroom door, she turned to the door facing it and opened it, then said, “Here you go, Chrissy. I hope you like it.”

Chrissy did like the room, it was all set up for a girl, the whole room was done in different shades of pink, and the bed was huge and had a canopy over it. Out of all the rooms that Mandy had showed him, this one was the one he loved the most. The rooms at Mable’s were nice, but they were designed for having guests in them of both male and female so she had to keep the colours neutral. Mandy didn’t have that problem so she had gone to town on all the rooms. A couple had a neutral colour scheme to them, but the other rooms were all rooms that covered a different mood that Mandy must have been in when she came up with the colour schemes for them. Mandy could see how Chrissy was looking around the room.

“David and I were hoping to have kids, and I was hoping to have a little girl. This was going to be her room. Do you think she would have liked it?”

“I think any girl would love this room Mandy, I know I do. Are you sure you don’t want me to use another room?”

“No, I want you to use this one, it’s been sitting empty for too long, and I saw how much you loved the room when I was showing you around earlier.”

“Thank you, Mandy.”

Mandy started to sort out the bags with the clothes in and the under garments. She asked if Chrissy wanted to take the other set of breast forms home, or if she wanted to take the ones she had on home with her when she had removed them?

“I’ll take the new set, as this set has the stick pads on them. I can just fill the bra at home with the other set. Talking of these breast forms, they are going to come off okay?”

“Yes, we just need to squirt some of this solution under the edge of the pad and they will loosen enough so you can remove them.”

Mandy finished sorting out the clothes that would be staying at her place and the stuff that Chrissy would be taking with her. She had a lot of stuff to take with her/him, but it did mean that Chris could become Chrissy any time he wanted. Mandy said she would be right back and left the room. When she came back she had a little case for the makeup stuff and some solution for the contact lenses and a couple of extra sets.

“Shouldn’t I keep them here?”

“I have some other sets here already. I even have other colours, and some silly ones. I love the way you can make yourself look like another person just by changing the colour of you eyes. I think that’s the main reason Becky never realised that it was you. Your eyes are so piercing in that shade of blue, that she couldn’t see past them to look at the rest of your face.”

Chrissy looked in the mirror and could see what Mandy was saying to be true. The bright blue contact lenses did draw your attention away from any other part of the face.

“Do you want to start changing back Chrissy?”

“Not really, but I better, or Mable won’t be happy as she will have cooked a meal for me.”

“You know you can always stay here and never have to become Chris again.”

“As much as I want to do that Mandy, I don’t want to rush into things too quick. I know it already feels like I’ve known you all my life, just after one day. But I think we should try things this way to make sure you’re not going to get sick of me. This way if it doesn’t work out, I still have a roof over my head.”

“It’s never going to happen Chrissy, but I can understand what you’re saying, and it is a wise move. I can be a little impulsive some times.”

Chrissy gave her a hug and then started to get changed back. Mandy showed him how to remove the makeup using some special pads and then how to remove the contact lenses and clean them ready for the next time. He was glad to have the boots off, but at the same time he was sad as well. Once he was back in his male clothes he changed his voice back to his normal pitch and then said, “How do I look Mandy?”

“I would say good, but it would be a lie, but you do look like you old self. There is no trace of Chrissy other than what you see in the mirror normally. I still think that you’re wasted as a male.”

“Well I am working on fixing that, and with your help I hope that one day I will stay as Chrissy for good.”

“I’ll do all I can to help you get there Chrissy, I mean Chris. Sorry Chris, but I can still see you as Chrissy.

“I understand, you’ve only really know Chrissy, and I am still the same person. Just in a different wrapper.”

“I think that is the problem Chris and the thing that made me want to help you. The look on your face when I first spoke to you at the shop, you looked so heartbroken that I saw through your lie. But you never got angry, you just turned to leave. That’s when I knew that you had a good soul.”

Chris had to wipe away a tear as Mandy spoke. She saw this and handed him a tissue.

“Thanks Mandy, I better get going.”

“I’ll give you a lift, there is a lot of stuff here.”

“I don’t want to put upon you too much Mandy. You have already done so much for me.”

“It’s not too far and you will have trouble carrying all that stuff, so I want to help you. I will also get to see where you’re living. Have you thought of what you’re going to tell them your doing for a job?”

“I was thinking of telling them that I would be maintaining the web site for you and doing other odd jobs. Do you think that will work?”

“In a way you will be, so the lie is only small. I find that if you have to lie, then keeping it small or as close to the truth as you can, will help you to keep from slipping up later.”

“How does one so young get so wise?” Mandy just shrugged her shoulders.

They grabbed the bags, headed down to the car, and got it loaded up. Chris was glad for the lift, as his feet were a little sore from wearing the boots all day. Mandy had to get him to walk around the down stairs hallway for a bit as he still had a sway in his step from wearing the heels for so long. Once he was walking more normally, they got into the car and made their way back to Mable’s.

Chrissy showed her the way and she pulled up outside Mable’s and exited the car and opened the boot. Once they had the bags they went up to the front door and went in. Chris looked around to make sure there was no one around before showing Mandy to his room. This was so they could put the bags away before anyone else saw them, as the logos on most of the bags showed the obvious labels from female clothes shops.

“This is a really nice place you found Chrissy, I mean Chris.”

“I didn’t find it remember, it sort of found me.”

“They sound like a good group of people Chris. I’m sure they would accept you still, if you told them how you feel.”

“With how my dad reacted, I’m not ready to take that chance.”

“Not everyone is like how your dad was. Look at how I was when you told me.”

“I tend to think that they’re going to be more like my dad was than how you were.”

“I’m not saying that everyone is going to be like I was, but some would just give you a funny look if they knew, or maybe say the odd nasty word. But most would just ignore you.”

“I really did have a great time today, and if I can work at the shop without being found out. I hope that I can some day transition for good. I want to see about contacting a doctor and get things moving forward. I thought it would be many years before I could even think about starting, but with the job and your help I hope to make an earlier start now.”

“I know a doctor, and she would be more than happy to have a talk with you, so you can make a start on sorting it all out. I can give her a call when I get home and see if she can fit you in tomorrow?”

“That would be great, but what about working at the shop?”

“We can pop out and see her whenever she can fit you in.”

“Mandy, I can’t let you keep closing the shop, you’re going to go out of business before I really get to work there at this rate.”

“Chris I don’t open the shop on a Tuesday, or a Wednesday normally.”

“But you were open today when I called in, how come.”

“I forgot to lock the door when I entered this morning to drop off some stock I had picked up last night. I had my hands full and was just taking it down to the basement when I heard the shop door go, and the rest you already know.”

“I’m not a big believer of fate, but I am beginning to think that someone is watching out for me.”

“Well if you ever get to meet them, say thanks from me, will you? I’ve had a really great day, and hope to have many more.”

“Mandy, I still need to pay you for all the clothes you brought me today, and the breast forms and all the other stuff. If you let me know how much it is I square up with you.”

“Chris you don’t owe me a penny Hon. I’m glad I could help and I will do all I can to make you the person you want to be. I wasn’t joking when I said you’re like a little sister to me. Being an only child meant that I never had the chance to play the big sister and today was a lot of fun for me and I know you loved it.”

“Thanks Sis.”

“What did you say?”

“I said Thanks, Sis. Sorry I was just being playful.”

“Don’t be sorry Chris, I like the sound of it. You can call me that any time.” Mandy had a big smile on her face at the thought of being called Sis.

“Do you want to meet Mable, or do you want to get off?”

“I better see about getting off if I am going to catch the doctors before they close.”

“Ok then, and thanks for the great day.”

They both hugged and made their way out the room and down the passageway. When they got to the end of the passage way they heard a voice from downstairs say, “Hi Mable it’s only me, what time is dinner going to be ready?”

Chris turned to Mandy and said, “It’s only Becky.”

It took Chris a second, and Mandy an extra second to realise that if she saw Mandy, she could work out that the other girl she saw in the shop was Chris. They both ran back to Chris’s room and shot inside before Becky saw them.

Becky’s room was the one facing Chris’s, so he opened it a crack to see her go into her room, but the door creaked as he did it, so Becky turned to see him looking out.

“Hi Chris. How was your day? Did you get out and see any of the city?”

“Hi Becky. Yes I went for a walk, and tried looking for a job. How was your day?”

“I had a good day. The shop was busy, and I made some good commission on some clothes I sold. It’s a new thing the boss is trying. We get a commission on what we get the customers to buy. I think it’s their way to make the staff be nicer to everyone that comes in the shop, but it does work, and sales are up.”

“I bet you’re good at your job then. I’d come and buy stuff from you just to keep you talking to me all day.”

“Thanks Chris, but I think you would get some funny looks if you were in the shop, as we only sell women’s clothing.”

“That would be a problem then, wouldn’t it.” They both laughed and then Becky said that she was going to grab a quick shower before dinner, but just as she was about to enter her room she said, “Chris. How did the job searching go?”

“It went great. I got a job working on updating a web site for a company downtown.”

“Please tell me that’s your car outside!”

Chris had to think for a couple of seconds before realising that the car she was on about was Mandy’s BMW.

“What car would that be Becky?”

There is a silver BMW on the driveway. I thought it may be a company car.”

“Becky, I am only eighteen and I can’t drive yet. Why would they give me a company car?”

“I was just hoping that it was. I love those cars and hope to have one of my own one day.”

“Well if you keep selling stuff like you did today, it won’t be long before you are.”

Becky had stepped into her room as Chris had said the last part of his sentence, then she turned and said, “I really hope so Chris, I really hope so. I’ll see you down at dinner later.”

“Ok Becky, catch you later. Bye.”

Chris waited a couple of minutes before taking Mandy out to her car and letting her get off before someone saw her there and told Becky.

“Chris, you do know how to get to my place, right?”

“Yep, I will have no trouble finding it, and I will be there just after nine in the morning.

They gave each other a hug and then she was gone. Chris had to stop and think how his life had changed in just a couple of days. Then he headed off in to the house to see if Mable needed any help with sorting out dinner.

Mable was in the kitchen stirring a large pot and Chris was amazed at the smell. He had to stop himself from dribbling, as it really did smell that good.

“Something smells good Mable. Do you need any help?”

“Good Evening Chris. I didn’t realise you were back already. Did you have a good day?”

“Yes I did. I found a job and I start tomorrow.”

“Wow Chris, you don’t waste any time do you.”

“The job sort of fell into my lap, so I jumped at it.”

“What is the job doing?”

“Web design work for a company downtown. Nothing exciting, just updating the web site. But it’s a job and I can start to pay my keep, so you won’t kick me out.”

“Do you really think I would kick you out, Chris?”

“I’m only joking with you Mable, but I don’t feel right not paying for my keep. So you need to work out what I need to be paying you every week.”

“You give what you can afford Chris. That is how I do it with everyone.”

Chris made a point to ask Becky how much she gave, so he would be giving the same.

“Is there anything I can help with then while I’m here?”

“You could do the mash again, please, it went down really well last night.”

Chris smiled then got the milk and butter out and made a start on mashing the potatoes. He liked the fact that he could do something to help out. Once they were mashed he took them into the dinning room and then came back for the large pot, which was full of stew and dumplings. The dumplings were huge.

Chris suddenly realised just how hungry he really was, but as he thought about it he realised that he hadn’t had a lot to eat since breakfast, due to the fact that he couldn’t eat much of the sandwich at lunchtime while wearing the corset.

Mable went out into the hallway and rang the bell to let everyone know that dinner was on the table, then came back sat in the same seat she used last night. Chris sat and waited for the others to come down before he made a start, and Mable did the same.

Becky was the first to enter the room and she was holding Cathleen’s hand, Jenna was just behind followed by David.

“Something smells good.” David said.

“Just a simple stew and some dumplings, Dear.”

“There is nothing simple about your cooking, mum.”

“Did you do the mash again Chris?” Becky asked.

“Yes I did. Why, didn’t you like it last night?”

“No, I really liked it, that’s why I was asking.”

The talking died out as everyone took what they wanted to eat and made a start on it. Becky soon started it up again when she told everyone about my job. They all asked me about it and I said the same thing I'd said to Mable. And none of them pushed the issue, as I don’t think any of them knew much about web design.

“When do you start working there, then, Chris?” David asked.

“I start in the morning.”

“That’s fast. What time do you need to be there, and do you need a lift?”

“I start at 10am, but I can make my own way there as I like to walk a lot anyway. But thanks for the offer, David.”

“You're welcome Chris, but if you ever need a lift any place, just ask.”

“I will, and thanks again.”

Chris had finished his dinner and everyone else was done as well, so he got up and started to clear away the dirty pots. Jenna got up and helped while Becky cleaned up Cathleen. Mable came into the kitchen so Chris said, “Do you have anything planned for pudding, Mable?”

“I made a bowl of fresh fruit salad, it’s in the fridge and there is ice cream in the freezer.”

“You go and sit down Mable. Chris and I can sort it out for you.” Jenna said.

“If you’re both sure, dear.”

Both Jenna and Chris said they were, so Mable went to sit back down.

Chris got the fruit salad and the ice cream out and Jenna got the bowls out. When Chris took the fruit salad out he saw a jelly mould in the shape of a fish and knew it must be for Cathleen, so he put the ice cream on the table with the fruit salad and then went to get the jelly.

“Does Cathleen not eat fruit salad, Jenna?”

“No she thinks it’s icky as she says, so we just give her a jelly with her ice cream.”

“I found the jelly and thought it would be for Cathleen.”

“Chris I know we haven’t really had a chance to speak, but I just want to thank you for being so good with Cathleen, and I am sorry about the mess she makes when she is eating sometimes.”

“Please don’t think anything of it, Jenna. She’s an angel to be around.”

They made their way back into the dinning room with the desserts and took their seats after making sure everyone had a bowl.

When they had all finished, Mable went to the kitchen to put the kettle on and make a pot of tea. Becky and David cleared the table, as Jenna and Chris had sorted out the pudding bowls. Chris cleaned up Cathleen and then helped her down from the table so she could go and play. Mable had set up a little play area for Cathleen at the far end of the dining room, so Jenna could sit and enjoy a cup of tea with the rest of them.

Chris walked into the kitchen with Cathleen’s bowl and said, “Do you need any help with the pots, or the tea?”

“Nope, we have it all covered, Chris. Go and relax for a bit and we will be in with the tea in a couple of minutes.” David said.

Chris went back into the dining room to see what Cathleen was doing.

Mable said, “That boy is just so sweet. I really hope that the new job is going to be okay for him. I can see his good nature could get him abused a lot.”

“I’m sure that he will be fine, Mable.” Becky said.

“I have to agree with Becky mum. He has a good head on his shoulders, and he is looking a lot happier tonight. He has a bounce in his step which is nice to see.”

“I had noticed that myself, but thought I was just being silly.” Mable said.

“I see hope in his eyes for the first time. I don’t know what he was running away from, but I see that he has a chance at a great life now and it shows on his face.” Becky added.

David washed the pots and Becky dried them, and Mable made the tea. Once they were all finished, David took the tray in with the tea, cups and other bits to the dining room and they all sat and enjoyed a nice cup of tea. Cathleen came over to see if she had a drink and Becky handed her a sippy cup with some juice in it. She wandered off back to her toys at the other end of the room.

They all talked about their day, and Becky got onto the subject of the new commission system at work and how a couple of women had come in and brought six tops off her. Chris sat thinking about whether or not she realised that one of the women in question was sat on the other side of the table.

Chris was brought out of his daydreaming by Becky asking, “What did you do with your day, then Chris?”

“Hmm, Sorry?”

“I said what did you do with your day?”

“Nothing much. Just walked into town and did some window shopping then got a paper and looked at the ads for some jobs and then called and got an interview. The rest you already know.”

“They gave you the job right away?” David asked.

“They had been left short when a member of staff left and asked me if I could start right away, so I said yes as I didn’t have another job to leave or hand my notice in at.”

“Good for you.”

Chris wasn’t happy lying, but the truth would make them all angry and even a part truth could give them reason to start putting two and two together. So a lie would still be a lie so why not just make it a more believable one. To shift the topic of conversation away from himself. Chris went to see what Cathleen was doing up the other end of the room. He was soon being shown all the stuffed animals and being told each one's name. Becky joined in the fun and it wasn’t long before they were all sitting at a stuffed animal tea party.

They played with Cathleen for an hour and only stopped when Cathleen started to look tired, so they let Jenna take her up to her room. Chris and Becky put all the toys away and made sure the room was all tidied up. Once that was done, Chris said he wanted to get an early night ready for the morning. He said his goodnights to everyone and went to bed.

Once in his room he made a start on putting all the stuff away that he brought in with him. He decided to put the new stuff in his bag that once had contained all his male clothes so as not to let the others find out he was a girl for part of the time. He didn’t think that anyone would go into his bag if they did come into his room. He would be cleaning his own room anyway, so he thought he was pretty safe.

He thought about getting dressed, but looking at the time decided it would be a waste, so he just had a wash and brushed his teeth, then got his nightgown on and went to bed.

In his dream that night he was shopping at the shop where Becky worked, but she knew it was him and started to shout about it and then the police came and dragged him away and locked him up. Mable and the others showed up and just laughed and made fun of him. He woke when the first rays of light made their way into the room. Glad it was just a dream, he got up and made his way to the bathroom to take care of business. Once he was showered and more awake he made his way downstairs to have some breakfast before getting ready to leave for work. Or more to the point, to leave for Mandy’s so he can get ready for work.

David was just leaving when Chris got downstairs.

“All ready for your fist day at work Chris?”

“I’m a bit nervous, but I think I should be alright.”

“I know you’ll do fine. Good luck, I’ll see you later.”

“Bye David. I’ll see you later.”

With that, David was off out the door. Chris walked into the dinning room and then into the kitchen to find Mable stood cooking sausage and bacon.

“Good morning Mable. Need any help?”

“Good morning Chris. Did you sleep well?”

“Yep I slept like a baby.” He wasn’t about to tell her his dream from last night or the fact that he was having bad dreams. He already knew she was trying to get him to open up to her and didn’t want to aid it any more than he had to.

“That’s good then Chris. Could you cook some fried eggs while I finish making a fresh pot of tea?”

“Can do Mable. How many do you need?”

“Becky likes to have two with her breakfast. Jenna only has one, and I’ve already eaten with David. So just add however many you want with yours.”

Chris was going to have two as well, so he worked out he needed five eggs. He got the eggs out the fridge and started to fry them. He liked his sunny side up, so did them all the same way. Once they were done he put them on the plates and Mable put the other bits on there and then took two of the plates into the dinning room. Chris saw the pot of tea on the table in the kitchen so he grabbed that and his plate of food and made his way to the dinning room as well.

Becky and Jenna were just getting to the dinning room as he got to the table.

“Morning Becky, Morning Jenna and a good morning Cathleen.” As he said good morning to Cathleen, he picked her up and did an air plane ride around the table and landed her in her chair. She was giggling and wanted to go around again. Chris looked at Jenna who smiled and nodded to say it was fine to do another trip around the table. Cathleen wanted to go again, but Jenna said no as Chris’s breakfast would get cold.

Mable had already got out a bowl of coco pops for Cathleen, so everyone sat down to eat.

“You all ready for your first day at work then Chris?” Becky asked.

“As ready as I will ever be. I just hope I don’t screw it all up on the first day.”

“I’m sure they will understand if you make a couple of mistakes for the next week or so till you get everything put to memory.” Mable said.

“I’m just really nervous. This is my first real job.”

“We all feel that way when we start new jobs Chris. Just go and do your best and listen to what they tell you to do, and you will do fine.” Jenna added.

The rest of breakfast flew by quick, and soon it was time to go and get ready to leave for Mandy’s. Chris went to clear the plates, but Mable told him to leave then and she would sort out clearing the table now he was working.

“Ok Mable, thanks for the really nice breakfast. I’ll see you later.”

“You’re welcome Chris, and have a great first day at work. Bye dear.”

Chris went to his room to get his jacket and was off out the door shouting goodbye to Mable as he left.

The walk to Mandy’s took him fifteen minutes, which still gave him lots of time to get ready for work. As soon as he got out of sight from Mable’s he took his hair out of the ponytail it was in so know one would notice a boy go in and a girl come out.

When he got to the front door of Mandy’s house he rang the doorbell, then waited for Mandy to answer. He didn’t have to wait long, the door opened and Mandy was stood there in her nightgown and wearing a big pair of animal slippers.

“Good morning Chris, come in. The kettle has just boiled if you want a cup of tea.”

“Good morning Mandy. I would love a cup of tea, my mouth is really dry.”

“I guess you’re a little worried about today.”

“Yes I am. I just don’t want to screw up and disappoint you.”

“Chris, you will make mistakes, but you’re not going to disappoint me. Now let’s get that drink, then we’ll make a start on turning you into Chrissy.”

Chris smiled at Mandy when she said this and smiled at him, then he followed her into the kitchen to have a cup of tea.

“How was Becky last night at dinner, did she realise it was you in the shop?”

“If she did, she never let on. So I guess I really do look different as a girl.”

“I told you that you did, and I think you saw it too when you first looked in the mirror at the shop. I saw you picking up your hand to make sure it were you in the mirror.”

“I really did have a great day yesterday Mandy. I can’t find the words to say how much I loved it.”

“I could see how much you liked it Chrissy and I hope we have as much fun today.”

“What is the plan of attack for today?”

“Well first we need to get you looking right for the part of a shop girl, then we have an appointment with the doctor, after that we will play it by ear.”

“You got me in with the doctor today?”

“Yep, she has the morning free, so we can chat and find out where to go from here.”

Chris looked nervous all of a sudden. “Do you think I’m moving too fast?”

“Not at all Chrissy. It’s not like your going to have the SRS today.”

“What if they tell me I can’t become a girl Mandy?”

“Chrissy, they’re not there to say stuff like that, they are just going to make sure you really want this and make sure you’re not going to make a mistake by going ahead with it. The final say on it all is down to you. I do know that you have to do a real life test as they call it, where you have to live as a female for so long before they will give you their permission to move on. But some have gone private and had the op without.”

“I guess your right Mandy.”

“I know I’m right, I spent over an hour on the phone to the doctor and she told me all about what you would have to do before you would be a woman. It’s going to be tough at times, but I will be there every step of the way for you.”

“Thanks Mandy. I don’t know what I would do without you to help me.”

“You’re welcome Chrissy. I think you could start your real life test today with no problem, but I know you need to do it at your own pace.”

“I’ll see what the doctor says today and take it from there.”

As they chatted they finished their tea and then made their way up to Chrissy’s room to make a start on bringing out the girl within again.

Mandy wanted Chrissy to do all the work herself today, so she could work out where she was gong to have the most trouble.

Mandy did help with the breast forms and the corset and then told Chrissy to do her hair and makeup next before she finished getting dressed.

Due to Chrissy having such nice skin and no beard to cover he didn’t need much foundation, so it was more about the eye makeup and the lipstick that he needed to work on. The first attempt was not too bad, but Mandy knew he could do better, so she had him wipe it off and try again. This was much better so Mandy let him keep this one, but she did stand behind him as he looked into the mirror and showed him how to fix the little mistakes he had made.

Once she had fixed the little bits that didn’t look perfect, Chris was looking at Chrissy, but with brown eyes. He still looked very different from his male self, but there was still a lot of him there still. Or that is how Chris felt.

Mandy showed him how to put in the contact lenses by using another pair on herself. When she looked at Chris she had a set of cat’s eyes instead of her normal ones.

“Wow Mandy, they look amazing. Can you see ok with them in?”

“Yep, they are just like the ones you had in yesterday.”

Mandy took them back out, as they were not really ideal for normal day use. Not because they would hurt, but more due to the funny looks she would get for having them in.

Chrissy copied what Mandy did and had the lenses in, in no time at all and was ready to start work on her hair. She sprayed it with some water and then set to work with the curling tongs, and with a little guidance from Mandy she soon had a really nice look to her hair, and was once again looking at the girl she saw yesterday, but with the added fact that she had done most the work.

Mandy took a shirt down that was hanging on the wardrobe which turned out to be a blouse and handed it to Chrissy to put on. Once she had the blouse on Mandy took another hanger down from the wardrobe and said that this was a skirt suit. She handed him the skirt first, which looked to be around sixteen inches in length. She slid the skirt up her legs feeling the thrill as she did so. It was a nice fit and really showed off her slim waist trapped under the corset. Mandy handed her the jacket, which was a fitted one according to Mandy. With the jacket on Chrissy walked over to the full-length mirror to see how she looked.

“What do you think Chrissy, like what you see?”

“I really do Mandy. I look all set to be going to an office instead of a clothes shop.”

“Well we are going to see a doctor, and I wanted you to make a good first impression. Even though looking like you do, they may think we’re having a joke with them.”

Chrissy was looking for any part of her male self showing through, but there was nothing to show that this girl was really a boy.

“Oh well little miss vain, I’m going to get ready while you carry on looking at yourself in the mirror.” Mandy had a big grin on her face as she was saying it, so Chrissy knew she was teasing her. Chrissy went all red faced when she realised what she was doing.

“Sorry Mandy, but I can’t get over just how different I really do look.”

“It’s alright Chrissy, I’m just teasing you. I must say that you really do look the part, if I didn’t really know you’re not a girl I would never work it out.”

Chrissy got a sad look on his face, and Mandy realised what she had said.

“Chrissy, I am really sorry, but I hope you understand what I was trying to say. I really do think that you’re more girl than boy and you were robbed the chance to be the sex you should have been.”

Mandy gave her a hug and then said, “Now let me go and get ready, then we can do something about fixing that problem.”

Chrissy smiled and let Mandy go and get ready.

Once Mandy had got dressed in a grey version of the black skirt suit that Chrissy was wearing she went back to tell her she was ready to leave. Chrissy didn’t see her walk in, and was still practising her sitting and standing, and walking in the suit and the black patent heels she was wearing.

“Very nice Chrissy. You make it look like you have been doing this all your life.”

Chrissy went red in the face when she realised that Mandy was watching her, she said, “Thanks Mandy. I just feel so alive right now, like this is who I was really meant to be.”

“I must say Chrissy that it’s fun to watch how you change from the shy little person you are into this vision of beauty you are now.”

“Stop it Mandy! You’re such a tease.”

“I was being honest with you Chrissy. I think Chris is the mask you wear. This is the real you I am seeing now.”

“Thank you for everything Sis.”

Mandy smiled at being called Sis, than helped Chrissy get her purse sorted out with the lipstick and other bits and bobs she may need, then they were off out the door and on their way to see this doctor Mandy knew.

“How far is it to this doctor’s?”

“It’s not too far Hon. Just relax, you will do fine.”

The ride took a little over twenty minutes. When they parked on a road that had a lot of very expensive cars parked on it. Chrissy got the idea that this wasn’t a normal doctor Mandy was taking her to see. All the buildings looked very up market, and had brass nameplates on the walls next to the entrances. There were doctor’s, accountants and lawyers. Chrissy had to stop gawking and run along to catch up to Mandy. Mandy had stopped and was waiting for her before climbing up some steps to a building that said Dr Prudence Walker.

“Mandy, I can’t afford to come and see a doctor like this.”

“Chrissy calm down, this isn’t going to cost you any money.”

Mandy pushed a button on an intercom and waited. A voice came over the intercom asking for a name.

“Hi Kim, it’s Mandy.”

“Hi Mandy, come on in.”

There was a buzz and the door clicked so Mandy pushed it and it opened. They walked up some more steps then turned to the right and found an Amazon type woman sat behind a large desk. She stood up and walked around the desk and gave Mandy a hug, then looked at Chrissy and waited for Mandy to introduce her.

“Kim, this is Chrissy. Chrissy, this is Kim.”

“Hi Chrissy, it’s nice to meet you.”

Chrissy offered Kim her hand, but Kim pulled her into a hug.

“Nice to meet you too Kim.”

“Is she in?” Mandy asked.

“Yes Prue’s in. I’ll just buzz her and make sure its okay for you to go in.”

Kim picked up the phone and pushed a button on the base unit and waited a couple of seconds before saying, “Hi Prue, Mandy is here with her friend Chrissy. Ok I’ll send them right in.” She hung up the phone and told them to go right in. Chrissy was really scared. Up until now Mandy was the only one to know about Chris being Chrissy, but she was about to tell a complete stranger what she wanted to do, and hope she would help her.

When they entered the office, it looked nothing like the normal doctor’s she had been in before. The room was really big and even though there was a large desk in the middle of the room it still looked lost. There were a couple of doors off to one side. Sitting behind the desk was a young woman that looked to be around thirty years old and still in really good shape. As soon as she saw Mandy she got up and walked around the desk and hugged Mandy then said, “Hello dear.”

“Hi Mum, Thanks for fitting us in at such short notice.”

“No problem dear, I was just catching up on paper work today anyway.”

“Mum, this is Chrissy. Chrissy, this is Prudence Walker, my mum.”

“Hello Mrs Walker, it’s nice to meet you.” Chrissy reached out with her hand to shake Prue’s, but once again got pulled into another hug. Then Prue said, “Please call me Prue, dear.”

“Nice to meet you Prue.”

Chrissy had a strange look on her face as she was talking to Prue and Mandy. Prue could see something was playing on the girl’s mind so she asked. “Is their anything wrong dear?”

Chrissy realised she was staring, “I. I. I’m sorry, but you don’t look old enough to have a daughter of Mandy’s age Prue. I could believe you being any older sister, but not her mum.”

Prue got a big smile on her face due to the compliment that Chrissy had just paid her, then added,

“I really like this girl Mandy. She makes an old goat like me feel good. I am older than I look Chrissy, but I do take care of myself. And with a little help from science I keep myself looking and feeling as young as I look.”

“I’ll take your word for it, but I still think you could say you two were sisters and not get a second look.”

“As much as I could have you flatter me all day dear, we better see about meeting your friend. Is he outside?”

Mandy and Chrissy got odd looks on their faces, then Mandy said, “Mum, you just met him.”

Now it was Prue’s turn to have get a puzzled look on her face. Chrissy thought she really heard the penny drop as Prue’s head spun from looking at Mandy, to staring at Chrissy.

“Chrissy, you are a male?”

Chrissy just nodded her head very slowly and suddenly looked really nervous and shy.

“NO!!” Prue exclaimed sharply. This made Chrissy jump thinking she had made Prue angry.

“Please don’t get angry. I’ll leave.” Chrissy turned to leave at that point, but before she could make it to the door, Prue blocked her. Prue raised her hands and Chrissy thought she was going to hit her, so she went to cover her face with her hands.

“I’m sorry. I’m sorry. Please don’t hurt me.” Chrissy was in a near panic and waiting for the punching to start, but it never did. She felt a pair of hands on her shoulders and then another pair pull her arms down away from her face, but not done in a way as to make her think she was going to be hurt.

When she opened her eyes she was looking Prue straight in the eyes and she could see the worried look in them. Chrissy just broke down in paroxysm of tears. Prue and Mandy helped her to a seat and then got her a glass of water. While Chrissy was gathering herself back together, Mandy told Prue the story of how Chrissy was beaten by her father and everything leading up to the meeting today.

When Mandy had finished the story, Prue had a tear in her eye. She looked over to where Chrissy was sitting. She had just finished fixing her makeup. Prue walked over and gave her a hug, then said, “Chrissy, I’m so sorry I worried you, but I was saying no to the fact you were a male. You just don’t have any of the normal tell tail signs that a doctor can spot. How long have you been taking hormones?”

“I don’t take any that is why we came here today.”

Prue looked a little puzzled then buzzed Kim to come in and help her take a blood sample. Prue saw the worried look on Chrissy’s face and said, “Don’t worry Hon, it doesn’t hurt too much.”

Kim entered the room and Prue pulled Chrissy to her feet and led her over to one of the doors on the far wall and opened it. There was a large clinic room on the other side of the door. Prue led her to a chair next to a stainless steel table and asked her to sit down. Once seated, Kim came around to the other side bringing a tray with a test tube and a small packet, which she ripped open and pulled out a scary looking needle.

Chrissy had to look away as Kim took the blood sample. “All done Chrissy.” Kim reassured her.

“Was that it?” Chrissy asked, thinking it would have hurt much more than it did.

“It will take a couple of days to get the results back, so Kim will sort out another appointment for you for next week.”

“Ok Prue and thank you for seeing me.”

“Your welcome Hon, it’s nice to see my daughter. We don’t get to see much of each other these days.”

“Mum, you see plenty of me, and you know it.”

“I could never see too much of you dear, and you know it.”

As they were talking Kim had labelled the blood sample and was sorting out some paperwork for Chrissy to fill in. Chrissy looked a little worried until Prue explained that they needed to contact her old doctor to get her records sent to them, so they could add her as a patient.

“Will they need to know why you want the records?”

“Oh no dear, they will just send them to us. All the records are kept private unless you go into hospital. Then they need to know if you’re allergic to something and what health problems you may have, but apart from those times, you’re safe.”

Prue had a way about her that made everyone feel safe, and Chrissy could see where Mandy got her many fine qualities.

Mandy looked at her watch then said, “Mum, do you and Kim have any plans for lunch, or would like to join me and Chrissy?”

“Kim was just going to pop up the road and grab a couple of sandwiches for us both, but we would love to join you.” Kim gave a nod and smiled in agreement.

Mandy looked over to Chrissy to make sure she was going to be ok with this, and got a weary smile back which Mandy took to be a thumbs up with a hint of shyness.

Mandy and Chrissy made their way out to the car as Prue and Kim got their bags and locked up the surgery. As they were locking up Kim said, “Prue, why are we doing blood work for Mandy’s friend? Does she have a medical problem?”

“Sort of Kim, Chrissy is a male. But he wants to transition, so Mandy brought him to see me so I could help out.”

Kim gave Prue a sarcastic look with her hands on her hips, as she knew what I joker she could be then said, “Ha ha very funny. No, what is she really here for Prue?”

“I’m not joking Kim. I find it hard to believe myself, that is why I wanted the blood test. I think he’s sitting right between the sexes.”

“I never would have guessed if you hadn’t told me Prue.” Kim was looking up the road to where Mandy and Chrissy had stopped.

Mandy and Chrissy were stood waiting for Prue and Kim at the car. Chrissy could see Kim looking at her and was getting a little worried. She saw her look away a couple of times and say something to Prue, then they would both turn and look at her.

“Mandy, how well do you know Kim? She seems to be looking at me a little oddly.”

“Kim and my mum have been friends for as long as I can remember. She is really great, you don’t have to worry about her.”

“I hope your right Mandy. I really don’t want to get on the wrong side of her, she looks like she could pound me into the ground and not even break a sweat.”

“She’s just a big teddy bear really Chrissy. Just give her some time and you will see that for yourself, you’re just not used to being around people. Never mind being around them while you’re dressed like that.”

As they spoke, Prue and Kim finished locking up and walked to Mandy’s car. They all got in and Mandy drove to a really posh looking restaurant. Once the car was parked they all got out and walked in. They were met at the door by a tall thin man in a suit and asked how many would be dinning. Mandy told him just the four and he led them to a table.

“Someone will be with you shortly to take your drink order. Please enjoy your meal.” He then walked away to see to another group of people that had just entered.

Chrissy looked a little lost in such a posh place. Mandy could see this and leaned over and said, “Chrissy, relax a little and just do as I do.”

“I’m not sure I can afford to eat here Mandy.”

“Lunch is on me silly. I wouldn’t expect you to pay for lunch when it was my idea.”

“I don’t feel right letting you pay all the time.”

“Chrissy if I didn’t want to do it, I wouldn’t and you will be earning your own wages soon enough.” Mandy reached over and took Chrissy’s hand in hers to let her know all would be all right.

Chrissy could see Kim looking at her out the corner of her eye and was beginning to worry. As much as she wanted to trust what Mandy had to say, she knew that someone had to burst her bubble of being a female. Was Kim going to be that person?

The waiter came and took the orders for drinks and food and left to get it prepared. They all decided on a glass of spring water and a garden salad with grilled chicken for lunch.

Kim was looking at Chrissy way too much, but she was still in shock as to how some one as feminine as Chrissy could really be a man. Everytime Chrissy would look Kim’s way she would look away. Chrissy could see this and read it as her being disgusted with what Chrissy was.

Mandy and Prue were talking and trying to get Chrissy and Kim to join in, but neither of them could see how upset Chrissy was getting. She was now convinced in her own mind that Kim was going to suddenly stand up and shout out to the whole restaurant that she was really a he.

Chrissy suddenly had a panic attack and did the only thing she could think of she got up and ran for the exit. Mandy and Prue looked on in shock as they saw her run away, then they looked at Kim to see if she had any idea as to why Chrissy would run off. Kim was in just as much shock as the other two.

Mandy was off out the door after her, but when she got to the exit there was no sigh of her up or down the street. Mandy was worried as she had seen tears running down Chrissy’s face as she’d left the table. Mandy just didn’t know what to do, or where to start looking for her. Chrissy didn’t know this part of town and she had no money as she had run out without taking her purse.

She went back to the table and told her mum and Kim that she was going to go look for her. They both wanted to go with her, but she told them to stop there just in case she came back.

“Call me on my mobile if she comes back mum.”

“I will dear.”

Mandy was just about to leave the restaurant when the man that had shown them to the table stopped her.

“Miss. Miss, are you looking for your friend?”

“Yes I am, do you know where she went?” Mandy sounded desperate as she said it.

“She went in there Miss.” He was pointing at the door to the ladies restroom.

Mandy said thank you and went in the restroom to see if she could do anything to help her friend. There was a lock on the restroom door, so she used it to stop anyone coming in while she found out why Chrissy had run. She did look first to make sure they were the only ones in there.

“Chrissy. Chrissy, are you ok?”

Mandy could hear the soft sobbing of her friend in one of the stall’s then Chrissy answered, “She knows and she hates me Mandy. I got scared and had to run away.”

“Who knows Chrissy? Did you see someone you knew?”

“No. Kim, she can see I’m a man and she is going to tell everyone.”

Mandy let out a sigh, “Is that all. Kim has you so worked up you’re willing to run away? I told you Kim was a good person. Now get you ass out here so I can help clean up your face before we have the restaurant staff coming here to break the door down.”

Mandy heard the latch on the door move and then saw a makeup streaked face poke around the door. “Come on silly, and give me a hug.”

Mandy gave Chrissy a hug and set about fixing her makeup and hiding some of the redness around her eyes.

“I’m going to give my mum a quick call and get Kim to come in so we can sort this out once and for all. Is that ok with you?”

“You will stop here with me, won’t you?”

“Off course I will silly, but I know for a fact that you have Kim all wrong.”

“Ok then make your call.” She watched Mandy make the call and tell her mum where they were and asked if Kim could come and have a word with Chrissy for a minute. A couple of minutes later there was a soft knocking at the door. Mandy walked over and unlocked it and poked her head around to see Kim stood there looking really worried.

Kim stepped in to the restroom and could see Chrissy on a sofa looking really upset. Kim moved towards her and stopped when she saw Chrissy moving away as she started to curl into a ball at the far end of the sofa. Kim looked to Mandy for some reason as to why Chrissy was acting the way she was.

“Mandy said, “Kim, do you have a problem with Chrissy?”

“No, I don’t really know her well enough to have a problem, and from what I have seen of her I don’t think I ever would have a problem. She seems really nice. A little shy, but nice.”

“Did my mother tell you about Chrissy at all?”

“She did say that Chrissy was really a man, but I’ve been looking and can’t see it. I think I was staring a little too much. I am sorry if I scared you Chrissy.” Kim looked over to where Chrissy was sitting.

“Kim, Chrissy is a male of sorts, but she is trying to fix the problem and become a female, that is why she came to see my mother today. Chrissy saw you looking at her and she thought you hated her and wanted to out her secret to the world.”

Kim got a shocked look on her face and wanted to hug Chrissy, but feared for scaring her even more. So she just sat at the other end of the sofa and started to cry herself.

“I’m Sorry that I made you feel that way Chrissy. I just didn’t believe what Prue had said could be real, as you look so good. I was looking to see if you made any mistakes, but you didn’t make one.” She had her head down as she was saying all this. She felt an arm go around her and looked up expecting to see Mandy hugging her. But it was Chrissy.

Before Chrissy had time to react, Kim had her pulled onto her knee and was hugging her lake she was a little child. “I’m the one that should be sorry Kim. Mandy said that I was being silly, and I can see I was now. I’ve always been a loner, so having groups of people around me is all kind of new. Can we start over and try and be friends?”

“No we can’t.” Kim said. Then she got a silly grin on her face and added. “Because we never stopped.”

Chrissy had lost the smile on her face when Kim said no, but soon got it back when she saw that she was just playing with her. Chrissy gave her a big hug and they were both laughing when Mandy said she would head back to the table and fill her mum in on the mix up. As Mandy was leaving, she told Kim she better fix her makeup before she came back out. Chrissy said she would keep Kim company till she had finished and they would be back out in a couple of minutes. With that, Mandy left the restroom.

“If you don’t mind me asking Chrissy. How long have you been dressing as a girl?”

“Apart from a brief foray several years ago, two.”

“Two years? You look good for two years.”

“Two days fully dressed with makeup. Well really just over a day as it was just before lunch yesterday when I first went all the way.”

Kim was just staring at her and then up and down her body and then at her face again.

“Your pulling my leg aren’t you?”

“Nope I would never do that to anyone. I’ve always wanted to be a girl since I can first remember. But till I moved here the other day I had never dressed since I got caught by my father.”

“What did he do when he found you?”

“He beat me till I passed out.”

Kim gave her a hug and then said, “Oh honey. I am so sorry for you. I can see why you panicked and ran then when you thought I was going to do the same thing.”

“I never thought you were going to hit me. Just start shouting that I was a man in a dress.”

“Honey, with how good you look, there was a better chance of them thinking of me as a man in a dress.”

“I thought you looked like an Amazon Princess when I first saw you.” Chrissy blushed as she realised what she just said.

“I can live with that. Just don’t ask me to ride a horse.” They both laughed.

With one final look in the mirror, they both decided that they were ready to let the world see them again, and they headed back to the table.

Mandy and Prue looked on as they saw Chrissy and Kim walking back to the table. They were both giggling and acting like a couple of schoolgirls. Mandy was happy to see Chrissy relaxing again. The food had arrived by the time they got back to the table.

“How are you feeling dear, better now?” Prue asked.

“Yes I am. Sorry for running off like I did, I got the wrong idea about some things.”

“Mandy filled me in on everything, and I am sorry for not letting you know that I had told Kim, or asked you before I said anything to her.”

“It’s all water under the bridge Prue. I just hope that my little exhibition won’t spoil our friendship, or the willingness to still see me as a patient.”

“Oh my dear, if I stopped seeing all my patient’s or stopped talking to my friends every time they had a moment, I would be a very lonely person and be out of a job. You’re dealing with a lot of different things and I think you’re entitled to panic. But please try to find out what’s up before you run away next time.”

“As I said to Kim. I’m just not used to being around people, it’s all very new to me.”

“Well dear, you have a group of friends that you can turn to when ever you need to talk.”

“Thanks Prue, and thanks Kim.”

“You’re welcome Hon.” Kim, and Prue said at the same time.

The lunch was really nice and they all had a dish of ice cream for a desert. Mandy and Prue argued over who was going to get the bill, but Prue won in the end using the, Do as your mother tells you card.

Mandy drove Prue and Kim back to the surgery and Prue gave Chrissy a business card with all her details on and she wrote her and Kim’s mobile numbers on the back. They all hugged and they Mandy and Chrissy were back on the road and heading for the shop.

“How you feeling now Chrissy?”

“I’m feeling really good Sis.” She turned her head and smiled at Mandy as she said this. Mandy was smiling back at her.

Once they got to the shop Mandy started to show her how she ran her shop. Chrissy was quick to pick things up and before long they were having fun and the time just flew by. It was just after six when they shut up shop and left for Mandy’s so Chrissy could get changed.

Mandy could see the sadness in Chris as he left the house. But they hugged and he was gone, but looking forward to tomorrow.

As he walked home to Mable’s he felt funny without the extra weight on his chest, and walking in the trainers made him feel really small. When he got to the house he shouted that he was back, but got no reply so he headed to the kitchen to see if anyone was home. He found Becky doing battle with a pan of chicken in a pan with some sauce, and trying to sort out cooking some rice.

“Hi Becky. Need any help.”

“Oh Chris am I happy to see you. I was the first one back in, so I got stuck with cooking dinner, but I am making a real mess of it.”

“Here let me have a look for you.” Chris stepped up and took over and Becky watched as he added a little more water to the sauce in the pan with the chicken and told Becky why he was doing it, then he got a large saucepan out and filled it with water. They he went looking for some stock cubes to add to the water for the rice. Once again telling Becky why he was doing it.

Becky looked on in total amazement that he could just step up and take over so easily. The other thing that she noticed was how much more animated he had become in the past couple of days. She put it down to him being more relaxed now he was getting to know her a little more.

“You really know your way around a kitchen Chris.”

“My mum and dad used to work long hours, so I had to cook a lot of the meals when I got home from school, and then work before I left.”

“Thanks for bailing me out, I was worried I was going to have to buy take out again.”

“Again? You make it sound like mess up a lot.”

Becky looked down at the floor and didn’t answer for a couple of seconds. Then said, “I do, I want to be able to get the meal ready for everyone on a Wednesday, but I always panic and mess it up.”

“Then why do you try to cook on a Wednesday?”

Becky looked at Chris in an odd way they realised that no one had told him the rules of a Wednesday.

“Mable goes out on a Wednesday and doesn’t get in till later so the rule is, the first one home cooks the meal. The downside is, I am always the first in on a Wednesday.”

“Well you could be off the hook now then, as I won’t be working on a Wednesday. It’s my day off.”

Becky jumped up and gave him a hug then said, “You’re a life saver Chris. I think Mable was running out of stuff to try and let me cook.” As Becky broke the hug, she could smell something on Chris that she knew the smell of, but couldn’t work out what it was so she let it go without saying anything.

Becky kept Chris company as he turned the disaster of a meal into something that smelled really great. Chris said it was all ready to be served as they heard Mable shout she was back and David was with her, and a little bundle of fun in the form of Cathleen.

“Will Jenna be joining us for dinner?”

“She has a late meeting and won’t be back for another hour or so. That is why I have Cathleen.” Mable said.

“Shall I save her a plate?”

“Is it safe to eat?” David asked.

Chris looked a little hurt at the comment, but soon remembered what Becky had said.

“I think she has done a stunning job with the meal and I for one can’t wait to taste it.” Becky was about to speak up, but Chris dragged her back to the kitchen to give him a hand to get it all served up.

“Why did you let then think I cooked the meal Chris?”

“Becky, you did a lot of the work, and it will put one over on David when he likes the meal and has to say sorry to you for teasing.”

“Your one special guy Chris.”

You have no idea, he thought to himself.

Chris got the plates off the top of the cooker where they had been warming. Then started to serve up the rice and they added the chicken to it and added the sauce. He found a large bag of prawn crackers in a cupboard and emptied them into a bowl and took them into the dinning room then went back to help Becky with the other plates.

“Something smells good Becky.” David said.

“I’m impressed Becky. I thought you would have got into trouble again, and we would be eating take out again.”

Becky was smiling and loving all the praise she was getting. She knew now what Chris meant. She did watch him take over, but all he did was little bits to make it all work, but at the end of the day, the little things are what made this meal taste so good.

All the plates were soon empty and even Cathleen had eaten most of it without sharing it with her clothes. Becky got up to clear the plates, but David said, “You stay seated Becky. Chris and I will clear the table, as you cooked the meal.”

“But I don’t mind helping to clear the table.” She was feeling bad as Chris had done most the work.

“David is right Becky. You rest up, and I can help.” Chris gave her a little wink and smiled.

David had cleared most the table in his first run, so Chris took the rest and made his way to the kitchen.

“That was a really nice meal you cooked Chris.”

“Yes she did a really great job if it.” Chris said, then realised what David had said. He stood with his mouth open not knowing what to say at first.

“Please David, don’t say anything. She was trying to do dinner when I got home, but she was getting in so much trouble. I just wanted her to feel good about it anyway.”

“I won’t say a word Chris and I think it’s really great that you would do that for her.”

“I’m hoping that the little ego boost will help her to keep trying. But she is off the hook on a Wednesday as I don’t work them so I will be able to sort out dinner from now on.”

“Oh, I forgot to ask how your first day went.”

“I wasn’t really working today, just being shown how they do things, but it went well and I made some new friends.” Chris didn’t really see it as lying as he had done both things.

“Any thoughts on pudding Chris, or do you think we should ask Becky.”

“Do you think Becky would have an answer for you?”

“Probably, but not a good one.”

“I did see a chocolate cake in the pantry, and there is some fresh cream in the fridge.”

“Sounds good to me Chris, go for it.”

Chris got to work on whipping the cream and David sorted out the cake. He cut a small piece for Cathleen, and Chris added a scoop of ice cream, as he didn’t think she would like the cream too much. Chris took Cathleen’s in first then came back for his and David’s, as David had already taken Becky’s and Mable’s in.

The cake was nice and soon there were empty plates and an empty bowl from Cathleen. Chris started to clear the plates and Becky helped. Once they were in the kitchen alone she gave him a hug and thanked him for not telling them she messed up again.

“You’re welcome Becky. I can show you how to cook some meals if you want. It’s all down you how you approach it.”

“I would love to be able to cook some of the meals. It felt really good taking credit for it tonight. I am just sorry you got stuck with clearing the table and sorting out the pudding.”

“I didn’t mind at all. I love playing around in the kitchen, I find it relaxing.”

Mable came in to do the pots, but was soon shooed out the kitchen by Becky and Chris. So she went and sat at the dinning room table to wait for a nice cup of tea.

Becky made the tea while Chris got the pots washed from the dinner and then left them to drain while they all sat and had a nice cupper.

They had just finished their tea when Jenna walked in and sat at the table looking worn out. She looked for Cathleen and saw her playing at the other end of the room.

“Thanks for picking Cathleen up for me Mable. I was worried I wasn’t going to be able to make the meeting.”

“She was no trouble dear, and I’ve told you anytime you need me to have her I will.”

“You’re the best Mable. I don’t know what I would do without you.”

“Find another babysitter.” Mable said.

“Mable, you’re so much more than a babysitter to me, and you know it.”

Mable just gave a little chuckle.

“You hungry Jenna?” Chris asked.

“I could eat a horse, then come back for the saddle.”

“I’ll have to see what I can do, but you may have to settle for a chicken dish.”

“Oh, ok then, it will have to do.” She said with a groan in her voice.

They all laughed and then Chris went to warm her dinner up in the microwave.

Jenna thought the meal looked great and then thought it tasted even better. Chris had to run and get her a glass of water when she nearly choked on some of it. When she found out Becky had cooked it. Jenna had a sneaky look at Chris, but didn’t say anything and just finished it in short order. Chris got her a piece of cake and added some cream to it, then made a fresh pot of tea and poured her a cup.

“I could get used to being waited on like this Chris.”

“You just looked so worn out, and I haven’t really done much today. So I am glad to help where I can.”

“I thought you started your new job today?”

“I did, but it was more just for training, so I didn’t do much. It’s nice to stretch my legs and do something more active.”

“You’re a good kid Chris, and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.”

Chris went all red and then said, “Thanks Jenna. My mum always told me to treat others how you would like to be treated, and life would always treat you right.”

“I would like to meet your mum some day Chris, she sounds like a wise woman.” Mable added.

They all realised that it had gone quiet up the other end of the room and when they looked, Cathleen had fallen asleep curled up with some of her stuffy’s as she calls them.

“Looks like someone is ready for her bed and I don’t just mean Cathleen.” Said Jenna as she let out a yawn.

She got up from the table and went over to Cathleen, but Chris told her to head up to her room and he would bring up Cathleen for her. She rubbed Chris’s cheek and called him an angel, then led the way up to her room. He placed Cathleen in her bed and was about to walk away when he heard a little voice say, “Nighty night Chiss.”

“You little faker. I though you was asleep.” Cathleen just giggled and Chris tickled her a bit then said, “Good night little one. Sleep tight and don’t let the bed bugs bite.”

“Thanks Chris for bringing her up, and for playing with her. She really likes you.”

“No problem Jenna, she is a really sweet kid. Just like her mum. Night Jenna.”

“Good night Chris.”

Chris went back downstairs to see if he could help finish up in the kitchen, but Mable and Becky had just about finished up when he got down there. So he said good night to them both and went up to his room.

He took care of business in the bathroom and was just putting on his nightgown when he thought it didn’t feel right without his breasts so he used the sticky pads and attached them to his chest then put his nightgown back on and it looked a lot better. He climbed into bed and was asleep in no time at all.

In the early hours of the morning his bedroom door opened and a figure moved into his room and slid into bed behind him. The person moved their arm around his body to hug him, then there was screaming as they felt the breasts on his chest. Chris woke with a shock and jumped out of bed and spun around. Only to realise he had been dreaming.

He went to the bathroom and splashed some water on his face to calm himself down. Then he headed back to bed and double checked the door and made sure the key was half turned make sure it couldn’t be pushed out from the other side. He got back in bed and was back asleep in no time at all.

The next time he woke was to the sun shining in through the window telling him it was time to rise. He got washed up and removed the breast forms and put them back in their box. He had that empty feeling again but knew that it was only for a short time. So he went down for breakfast.

Breakfast was about the same as the other couple of mornings and he was off out the door just before nine.

He got to Mandy’s about twenty minutes later and was greeted with a hug after she had let him in and shut the door.

“Morning Mandy. You’re looking smart today.”

“Does that mean I haven’t any other time you’ve seen me?”

Chris looked worried he had said something all wrong, but Mandy couldn’t keep a straight face and started to laugh.

“Hey! That is not funny. I thought I had really upset you then. I was being nice to you by paying you a compliment.”

“I know you were Chrissy, but the look on your face was priceless.”

“You just look that little bit more sexy today.”

“What a way to start the day. I should have hired you years ago. Now get up to your room and start to get ready. I’ll brew a fresh pot of tea and come and help you with your corset.”

“Ok Sis, don’t be too long.”

Mandy smacked his ass as he went past which made him step it up a pace and giggled as he ran up the stairs.

She was sitting doing her hair when Mandy got up to her room. She looked at Chrissy’s makeup and told her that she had done an excellent job of it and the hair looked good too. She had the corset on, but it wasn’t very tight so Mandy tightened it down for her and then went and got the skirt and blouse she would be wearing today. The skirt was black and around sixteen inches in length. The blouse was white with hidden buttons up the back and had a high collar.

Once she had the blouse and skirt on, Mandy handed her a pair of plain black boots, which finished off the outfit just right. Chrissy was beginning to realise she had a thing for boots.

“I love these boots Mandy.”

“I fear you are like me Chrissy, you’re a boot lover.”

“They do feel really nice, the way they hug your ankle and leg. Kind like your wearing armour.”

“Yep, girl you have it bad for boots.” Mandy rolled her eyes as she said it, which made Chrissy giggle and Mandy joined in as well.

Chrissy stood and looked in the mirror to make sure she looked as good as she had the last two times. Once again, there was the woman starring back at him or her as he now was. She shook her head and walked over to the door where Mandy was stood looking at her.

They headed downstairs and into the kitchen and sat down to enjoy a cup of tea before heading out to the shop.

They hadn’t been at the shop long before a delivery guy came in with a couple of large boxes.

“Good morning miss. Nice day isn’t it?”

“Yes it’s a real shame to be stuck inside all day.”

“It really is Miss. Can you sign here please?” He handed her a little hand held computer and she signed the screen with a little plastic stick.

“Thank you miss. Have a nice day,” and he was off out the door.

Mandy came in from out back and asked who had just come in. “Just a delivery guy with a couple of large boxes. They are really quite heavy.”

“Oh good, that will be the new computer for the shop. I want to get the online shop set up here at work now that you’re working here, so we can fulfil orders quicker.”

They got the boxes into the back room and then got them opened and set up on the empty desk in the back room. It took them some time to get it all up and running as people kept coming in. Mandy did most of the sales, but Chrissy was watching and learning all the time. Mandy let Chrissy deal with some of the more simple sales. She even let her deal with a fellow crossdresser.

Chrissy could see that he was shopping for himself, as he was feeling all the different fabrics and seemed to be lost in a dream. Chrissy was polite and friendly and the man was soon at ease and left having spent just over one hundred pounds.

“For someone that doesn’t like to be around people much Chrissy, you really do know how to sell stuff to people.”

“Thanks Mandy, all I did was treat him like you treated me the other day. Like you said, they pay the wages, and I couldn’t really make fun of him could I.”

“How goes the computer set up?”

“It’s all done and the printer is working fine. I’ve even printed out the sold items from the EBay shop.” She was holding a small stack of papers.

She then showed Chrissy how to work out what each item was and how to pack it ready for going out. The post office is open till 6:30, but I do a final check at 5:00. That way I can get the packing all done and ready to go when we close a 6:00.

Mandy showed Chrissy how to log into the EBay shop and check for the sold items and even showed him how to relist stock.

Chrissy did the final check at five and then shut down the PC and set about packing the orders ready to take to the post office with the other ones. Mandy used the post office near her home so they loaded all the parcels into the car and got ready to leave.

There was a bit of a queue at the post office, but Mandy said it was always like this. She was just glad that Chrissy was there to help, as she sometimes had to make a couple of trips.

They finally got to the front of the queue and got everything weighed and paid for, and were soon back in the car and heading for Mandy’s place. There, Chrissy was soon back as Chris and heading for home.

Friday and Saturday was the same as Thursday. Chris was beginning to like being Chrissy more and more, and did not really like being Chris at all. By Sunday, he was ready for a day off and had a lie in. But was soon feeling the need to be Chrissy, he knew it was a risk and a waste of time to get all dressed up as he would have to change back in time for dinner. So he just kept the breast forms on, as he had been doing since Wednesday and put a top on and a pink flowery skirt and just sat and read in his room.

Chris was glad to be back at work on Monday as he wanted to be Chrissy again. They had sold a lot of stock over the weekend on EBay and on the web site, so they were busy all day Monday completing orders. But by the end of the day they still had a pile of orders to finish up, so Mandy asked if Chrissy would mind working Tuesday?

“Not at all Mandy, I would be more than happy to come in tomorrow.”

“Did you miss being Chrissy yesterday?”

“Does it show that bad?”

“Sort of, you just seemed happier when you got dressed this morning, like you had just met an old friend.”

“I guess it did feel that way.”

“Well with how busy we’re getting, I think that we will only be closed on a Wednesday from now on, and Sunday of course.”

“That is fine with me, as they all work late or do things on a Wednesday, and I said I would cook dinner on that day. It also gives me a day to wash my clothes without the others seeing them.”

“If you’re not doing anything this Sunday, would you like to come for a drive with me?”

“I would love to Mandy. You do mean as Chrissy, don’t you?”

“I wouldn’t have it any other way Sis.” Chrissy gave her a hug and wanted to cry for some reason.

They did the same routine as the day before and on the way back went via the post office, before heading for Mandy’s home. Then, once Chris was back, he headed for home again and had a nice meal with the others.

Tuesday was a repeat of Monday, then Wednesday was a day of rest, but it was not to be much of a rest when his mobile rang and it was Mandy.

“Hi Chrissy. I just got a call from my mum, she wants to see you at her surgery today. Can you make it to my place ASAP?”

“Sure, I can be there in half an hour.” He was having trouble containing his excitement, and Mandy could tell.”

“Ok Sis, see you in half an hour. Love you.”

“Love you too Sis.”

Chris jumped out of bed and started to get ready. He was the only one in so he locked the door as he left. He nearly ran all the way to Mandy’s and was out of breath when he got there.

He rang the doorbell and waited for Mandy to answer.

“Hi Mandy, I got here as soon as I could.”

“Hi Chrissy. Come in, I’ve laid out some clothes on the bed in your room. There’s no corset as you mum wants to run some tests and she said that it would be easier without the corset.”

“Ok, she knows best. I’ll be back as quick as I can.”

“I’ll make a pot of tea. Have you eaten yet?”

“No, I got up and came straight here.”

“I’ll make us some toast then as well.”

“That would be nice. Thanks Mandy.”

Chris headed off up to get changed, while Mandy headed to the kitchen.

Mandy was just finishing her toast when Chrissy came into the room wearing a pale blue summer dress with little white flowers all over it. She had flesh-coloured tights on and a pair of white sandals with a three-inch heel, and her makeup was natural looking. She had the contact lenses in and her hair was perfect.

“You look really nice Chrissy, and your hair is perfect.”

“Thanks Mandy. I feel a little funny without the corset.”

“You still look good Sis. I don’t think you really need to wear one, but I know that some girls just like to wear them. I guess you’re one of those girls.”

Chrissy smiled then said, “I guess I must be. I just love the shape it gives me, and when I work in the shop, I think it us a good image if I am wearing one.”

“True and I have sold a couple after some customers saw that you were wearing one. Come and take a seat and I will put some toast in for you while you pour yourself a cup of tea.”

Chrissy took a seat and waited for Mandy to finish with the toast for her and then they chatted till she was finished. Mandy rinsed off the dishes and then Chrissy left to use the bathroom before heading out to the car just behind Mandy as she armed the house alarm and zapped the car alarm so Chrissy could get in. It didn’t seem to take as long to get to Prue’s surgery, but Chrissy put this down to knowing where they were heading this time.

Mandy found a spot right outside the surgery and parked the car. They walked up to the door and Mandy pushed the intercom and waited for Kim to ask who it was.

“Hi Kim, it’s Mandy and Chrissy.”

“Hi Mandy, come on in.” A very excited sounding Kim answered.

The two girls entered the building and made their way around to where Kim sat last week, but Kim had come to meet them and gave them both a hug.

“Hi Chrissy, its great to see you again. How have you been keeping?”

“I’ve been doing fine. Working hard, I have a real slave driver for a boss. You know what it’s like.” Kim rolled her eyes knowing that Chrissy was teasing Mandy.

“Hey! Watch who you call a slave driver Missy.” Mandy playfully punched her on the arm.

“See what I have to put up with Kim. She even beats me.”

Kim was laughing at the two’s playful banter. “I’m amazed you two get any work done if you’re like this all the time.”

“We work really well together Kim. She tells me what to do and I do it.” Chrissy said pointing at Mandy with her thumb.

“Who’s she? The Cats mother.” Mandy replied as she took Chrissy into a hug.

Kim was amazed just how much Chrissy had come out of her shell in just a week. There was just something about this kid that made you want to love her. She found it hard to believe that anyone would ever want to hurt her.

“Prue’s expecting you, so go right in. Do you want a drink?”

Both girls asked for a tea and then entered Prue’s office.

“Hi mum. Long time no speak.”

“Hello dear. I know, it’s been all of an hour or so. “Anything happened since we last spoke?”

“Not much. Found some stray on my door step and took her in.” She looked over at Chrissy.

“Is that all I am to you? A stray. Hello Prue, it’s nice to see you again.”

“Hello Chrissy. How have you been?”

“I’ve been doing fine thank you. I’m really enjoying working for your daughter.”

“I’m glad, she has been working some really long hours since her Gran gave her that shop. It’s nice to see her having some fun again.”

“Mum! Stop nagging. I was having fun before Chrissy came along. I just have more of it now, it’s like having a little sister around.”

Prue knew that Mandy was putting on a front to stop Chrissy from thinking she was a lonely child herself, but her mum knew just how much her daughter liked having Chrissy around.

“Ok dear I’ll stop nagging. Now Chrissy, the reason I called you in today was because I got the results back from your blood test. Maybe we should take a seat over there.” Prue pointed to a sofa and chairs in the far corner of the room.

“Is it really that bad Prue?” Chrissy said with a worried look on her face.” Prue put her arm around Chrissy’s waist and walked her over the sofa, then sat Mandy next to her. Then Prue sat in one of the armchairs facing her.

“The news is sort of a six and two three’s really. For a normal male it would be bad news, but in your case it may be good.”

Chrissy let out a sigh, as Mandy hugged her as if she was about to run away.

“How do you like being a girl Chrissy?” Prue asked.

“I really like it. I told Mandy the other day that it feels right. Like the outer shell fits the inner person. I was scared for the first couple of days, but now I find it hard to be my male self. I’m not sure if that makes any sense to you.”

Prue spent the next hour asking questions, some of which Chrissy was a little uncomfortable answering in front of Mandy.

Once she had ran out of questions, she asked Chrissy to come into the examination room with her. She asked Mandy to stay where she was, or she could go and chat with Kim while she did the examination.

Once they we in the room alone Prue said, “I need you to strip Honey, and I do mean everything.”

Prue could see that Chrissy was worried about being seen naked. “Don’t worry Chrissy, I’m not going to judge you. I just need to do an exam before I can work out a course of treatment for you.”

Prue handed her a robe to put on, then left while Chrissy got changed.

Chrissy heard a knock on the door, then it opened a bit and she heard Prue ask if she was decent.

“Yes, but I can’t get the breast forms off without the solvent.”

“I have some solvent over here.” Prue walked over to a shelf and came back with a bottle.

“Lower the robe a bit, and I can remove the forms for you.”

Chrissy lowered the robe and watched as Prue removed the forms. She had that empty feeling again.

Prue could see the sudden change in the way Chrissy was acting. “Don’t look so down dear, you’ll be back to your old self in no time. Or new self to be more correct.” This did get a chuckle from Chrissy, which did make him relax a bit.

Over the next half-hour Chrissy was weighed measured and poked by Prue. By the time she was done, she had no doubt that her findings from the blood test were right.

“You can get dressed again now Chrissy. Do you need any help?”

“No I’ve been doing it myself for a nearly a week now.”

“Ok, I’ll leave you to get dressed. Come back to my office when you’re dressed.”

Prue left to go and write up her findings and wait for Chrissy to come back in.

Mandy must have been out with Kim still, as Prue was still alone at her desk writing. So Chrissy went and sat in one of the chairs on the other side of the desk.

“How you feeling Chrissy?”

“I’m feeling better now Prue. Well, am I going to live?”

“Well for some it would feel like the end of the world, but for you I think it could be a blessing. I couldn’t help but notice how quiet and shy you became when you got undressed. Are you always like that?”

“Since I first got dressed and went out with Mandy. It’s like something woke up in me and now I feel like I am who I really should have been. Now when I have to become Chris it feels wrong.”

“Right, where to start?” Prue looked to be deep in thought for a couple of seconds then said, “The easiest way to put this for you is like this. Your body is not producing enough male hormones, so your body has stalled so to speak. Now if you were a normal male, we would give you steady doses of male hormones to see if we could get it started again. But due to how you’re dressed and what we have spoken about, we could give you an injection to kick start your female side.”

Chrissy was just sat starring at Prue. She has just said that he stuck between the sexes. “You’re telling me that I am not male or female?”

“For want of a better word yes. Due to the lack of male hormones, you haven’t gone into puberty as such. Your body is producing some, but not enough to give you facial hair or any height or muscle mass.”

Chrissy just got a smile on her face as she realised that nature had found a way to help him achieve her dream.

“When can I get the injection Prue?”

Prue smiled then said, “Before I give you any jabs, Chrissy, I want you to see a friend of mine. She is a Shrink, and I want to be sure we are doing the right thing before I give you any jabs.”

“Prue, I don’t need anyone to tell me what I want. I know this is the right course for me.”

“I know you do Hon, but you still need to get the ok from a shrink before you can have the SRS and you need to do a real life test, where you have to live as a female for two years.”

“I know Prue. I’m just eager to make a start on it all.”

“Do you have your own place?”

“No, I’m living at a B&B at the minute.”

“Oh yes, Mandy told me about that. She said that they’re a nice group of people that live there with you. Do they know about all this?”

“No, I was hoping to be able to get a job and enough money to get a place of my own before anyone found out. But meeting your daughter and just finding out what you just told me, has got me thinking.”

“Even if I gave you the injections now, it would take a couple of months for any real signs to show. So you’re not going to be found out over night, but the sooner you start the real life test the sooner you will get the all clear from the shrink.”

“You still have some time to think it over, but at some point they will notice the girl blooming in front of them.”

“I need to deal with the other things you just told me, before I get into the problems with all this.” Chrissy waved her hand up and down her body.

“Ok Chrissy, point taken. My friend can see you this afternoon. Mandy knows her, so she can drive you. Is it ok to let Mandy come back in now?”

“Yes, please do and thanks for all the help.”

Prue picked up the phone and spoke to Kim. “Kim, you can send Mandy back in now.” A couple of minute’s later Mandy came back in.

“Is everything ok Mum, Chrissy?”

“Yes dear, Chrissy has a lot to think about. I was wondering if you could take her to see Sarah this afternoon. I want to get the ok from her before I start Chrissy on a course of treatment.”

“That’s great Mum. I’d love to drive her to see Sarah, what time do you want her there?”

“I told her you’d be there at two, she cleared the rest of her day to talk.”

“You’ll really like Sarah, Chrissy. She is really cool.”

“You girls want to go get some lunch?” Prue asked.

Mandy looked at Chrissy who gave a nod, so she turned to her mum and said, “Sure mum that would be great.”

Prue made a call to Kim, and told her to get herself ready to leave for lunch.

They headed for lunch in Mandy’s car like last week, but went to a different place to eat. The food was nice and they all had a great time.

Mandy dropped Prue and Kim off and then made their way to see Sarah. Chrissy was worried, but Mandy made her feel more relaxed, as she told her stories of how Sarah and her mum had grown up together. Chrissy knew to trust Prue.

It wasn’t long before Mandy was pulling her car into a large underground car park. She found a space and parked then they made there way up to the street level. Once at street level Mandy led the way to a posh looking office block and went in. They walked up to a man behind a desk and Mandy said, “We’re here to see Mrs Sarah Johns.”

The man looked on his screen and then said, “Is it Miss Walker and guest?”

“Yes it is. Will it be alright to go right up?”

“Yes Miss, she’s expecting you.”

Mandy said thank you, and Chrissy just smiled. Mandy led the way to the elevator and pushed the button for the tenth floor once they were both in.

“Don’t look so worried Chrissy. She is only going to listen to what you have to say. They just need to make sure your doing all this for the right reason.”

“I’m not sure I can give them a reason for why I’m doing this Mandy. I just feel it’s the right thing for me.”

“Sarah is really good at her job Chrissy. Trust me when I say you will love her.”

By the time Mandy had finished helping Chrissy to relax, they had reached the right floor and were walking down to a large wooden door with the name Sarah Johns on it.

Mandy opened the door without knocking and walked in, followed by Chrissy. They found themselves in a large waiting room and a smartly dressed woman sat behind a desk smiling at them.

“Hello Mandy. I’ve not seen you in some time, how you been keeping?”

“Hi Maggie, it has been too long. I’m doing fine, how are you?”

“I’m doing just fine Hon. Are you hear to see Sarah?”

“Yes and No, my friend here is the one in need this time. Maggie, I’d like you to meet Chrissy, and Chrissy this is Maggie.”

“Hi Chrissy, it’s nice to meet you Hon.”

“Hi Maggie, it’s nice to meet you too.”

“I’ll just give Sarah a call to let her know you’re here.” Maggie picked up the phone, pushed a couple of buttons, and then spoke to whom Chrissy took to be Sarah.

“Mandy is here with her friend, do you want me to send them right in? Very good then.” She put the phone down and said to go right in.

“Thanks Maggie. I’ll chat to you later.”

“I’d love that Mandy. Bye for now.”

The two girls made their way through another set of doors and were greeted by a slim very pretty blonde woman that had the greatest smile you had ever seen.

“Hello Mandy dear. How have you been keeping, good I hope?”

“Hello Sarah. I’ve been keeping really busy with the shop, but apart from that, I’ve been fine, what about you, you’re looking really well.”

“You’re just teasing me Mandy.”

“No Sarah, I think you look really good.”

“Thanks Hon. I have been trying to eat right.”

Chrissy stood off to one side as they spoke, till Sarah turned to her and said, “I take it you’re Chrissy?”

“Yes I am, pleased to meet you.” Chrissy held out her hand for Sarah to shake, but Sarah gave her a hug.

“Hello dear, Prue phoned and told me all about you. So I thought the hug would put you at ease.”

“I am a little nervous. I feel like my whole future is in your hands.”

“Chrissy, the only person that can control your future is you. All I’m here to do is help you come to grips with the things from your past and to help you make the right choice.”

Chrissy soon had a smile on her face, as she started to realise that Sarah wasn’t going to have the final say, just help guide her.

“Right then Mandy, will you give me and Chrissy some time to chat? I’m sure you and Maggie have some catching up to do.”

“Ok Sarah, but go easy on her. She’s been through a lot.”

“Mandy you know me well enough by now.”

Mandy gave both Chrissy and Sarah a hug and left to chat with Maggie.

As soon as Mandy had left and closed the door, Chrissy was looking for the couch but couldn’t see one. Sarah saw her looking and said, “If you’re looking for the couch, I don’t have one.”

“Oh, I thought you all had them.”

“I find that sitting on a sofa is more relaxing than having you lie down while I question you. So would you like to take a seat over here?” Sarah waved over towards a couple of sofas. So Chrissy took a seat and then Sarah came over with a box of tissues and a jug of water.

Sarah started to ask some simple questions and took it from there. It wasn’t long before Chrissy was pouring her heart out to Sarah. Once the floodgates opened the tissues began running out fast.

Before Chrissy knew it, several hours had passed, and she was feeling really drained, but a lot happier for it.

“Well Sarah, did I pass?”

Sarah let out a little laugh then said, “I wasn’t testing you Chrissy. I was just helping you deal with the past, so you can move on with the future. Tell me Chrissy, how do you feel now?”

“I feel drained, but more alive than I have in a long time.”

“You see, that is what I am here to do Chrissy. Help you move on, you’ve been carrying a lot of baggage around with you that can make you feel dead inside. That is why you feel more alive now.”

“I really do Sarah. Thank you so much.” She gave Sarah a hug as she said it.

“Come on Chrissy, let’s go and see if that pair have run out of stuff to talk about yet.”

Mandy and Maggie were still talking like a couple of little kids when they got to where they were sitting.

“Don’t you two ever run out of stuff to talk about?”

“Not yet Sarah, but we’re willing to give it a go.” Mandy giggled.

“Well we’re all finished for today. She made some good progress. I think we should make an appointment for a month’s time, that way we can see how you’re dealing with the hormone treatment that Prue will have you on.”

“Thank you Sarah.”

“You’re welcome Hon, Just keep being yourself.”

Chrissy made an appointment for a month’s time and then left with Mandy after saying good bye to Sarah and Maggie.

They drove back to Mandy’s so Chrissy could change and get home and sort out Dinner.

“Thanks for everything you’re doing to help me Mandy. I don’t think I will ever be able to repay you.”

“I will never ask you to Chrissy. I’m just helping my sister.” Chris gave her a hug and thanked her again and then left to get home and cook dinner.

He was the first one in and went to the kitchen to see what Mable had left out to be done for dinner. He found a joint of beef in the fridge so he sorted it out and got it in the oven and then set about cleaning the veges and getting all that organised. It was all ready by the time everyone made it home. Becky was home first and wanted to help, but it was already cooking or cooling when she got in. So they sat and talked about their days.

Chris had to make up the whole day and said, “I just stayed in and read a book and did some washing. How was your day Becky?”

“Busy, I’m getting good sales and a really good bonus at the end of this month.”

“I’m really happy for you Becky.”

Becky was amazed at how happy Chris seemed tonight and happy to see him relaxing a little more. She thought that he must love his new job.

Everything was ready when the last of them got home and the meal went down well with everyone. Pudding was fruit and ice cream that Chris had fixed while he was chatting with Becky.

Becky and Jenna did the pots while Chris played a board game with Cathleen. Then carried Cathleen up to bed when Jenna was finished and ready to turn in for the night. Chris went to bed himself and was asleep in no time.

When he woke in the morning he didn’t remember any bad dreams so felt a lot better than he had for a long time.

Chris fell in to the same routine for the rest of the week and was looking forward to getting out with Mandy and just go for a drive. He got to Mandy’s just after nine and was greeted with a big hug. He went, got changed, and came down wearing a really nice summery dress and Sandal’s with a two inch heel.

“How do I look Sis?”

“Stunning like always Sis”

“Do you have any idea where we might be going today?”

“We have a little stop to make first, then we are heading out to look at an old castle, there is a really nice pub near it that do some really nice Sunday dinners.”

“Sounds good to me Sis. What is the stop you need to make?”

“You’ll see.” She had a grin on her face. Chrissy just hoped that she wasn’t going regret it later.

They were in the car and driving to the place Mandy needed to make a stop. Which turned out to be her mum’s surgery?

“What are we doing here Mandy?”

“My mum wants to give you your first jab today. So you can recover before work tomorrow.”

Chrissy, not being a big fan of needles was looking a little worried when they got to Prue’s office, once Kim had buzzed them in.

“Hi Mum. Here’s your pin cushion all ready for the pins.”

“Mandy! Stop scaring the poor girl.”

“I’m sorry Chrissy. I was only teasing you.” She gave Chrissy a hug to say sorry.

“This won’t take long Chrissy, then you can be on your way. You going any place nice?”

Mandy told her mum where they were heading and she said it was a nice place.

“Would you and Kim like to join us?” Chrissy asked.

Prue looked at Mandy to make sure it was ok for Chrissy to ask her.

“I’d love for your and Kim to come with us Mum.”

“Well I’ve got nothing planed for today after this, so count me in. We can ask Kim in a minute. Come with me into the other room, Chrissy, and I will give you the jabs.”

“Is it ok if Mandy comes Prue? I’m really scared of needles.” Chrissy had already taken hold of Mandy hand, so Prue saw it as a given that Mandy was going to be coming with them.

They went into the other room and Prue had Chrissy lift her dress and lower her panties. Then she got her to bend over a table. Once she was bent over she wiped her cheeks with alcohol and injected her in each cheek with a needle. She then put a small cotton wool pad on each cheek so she wouldn’t get any blood on her panties or dress if there were any.

“There you go Hon all done. I told you it wouldn’t hurt.”

Chrissy pulled up her panties and lowered her dress. She did look a little pale when she stood up, so Prue led her to a seat and got her to sit down, which wasn’t the best idea as she had been poked in both cheeks. But before Prue could tell her to sit down very slowly, she plopped into the seat. Chrissy let out a squeal and lifted some of the weight off her bum again.

Prue looked a little worried till she heard Mandy start to giggle and soon this set Chrissy off, and then Prue was giggling as well.

“The look on your face Chrissy, when you sat down.” Mandy said.

“Well it hurt!”

“Long needles tend to do that Chrissy.” Prue added.

Kim came in to see if every one was ok, as the squeal was quite loud. All she saw were a group of three women all giggling. Mandy did a quick run through of what Chrissy had just done and Kim had a little giggle as well. Once they regained their composure, Chrissy asked Kim if she wanted to join them on their trip out. She was more than happy to be going out with them, as she never did very much on a Sunday.

They all got their bags and headed out to the car. Chrissy got in the back with Kim, as it would give her a little more space to relax.

It took an hour to drive to the Castle and it was a really nice place. Kim and Chrissy were becoming fast friends. Prue was amazed at how different she was after the visit with Sarah.

Prue was walking just behind Kim and Chrissy, and in a low voice so Chrissy couldn’t hear, said, “She seems so much happier now. Is this since Sarah had that session the other day?”

“Yes it is, she’s shifted some of that baggage she was carrying.”

“The jabs you gave her, Mum, does this mean she is on the way to becoming a real girl?”

“Yes dear. As real as medical science can do anyway.”

“She told me about the medical problem she has, not that she sees it as a problem. I think she is glad it happened.”

“I got the same impression when I told her. I think she would have had the shots on Wednesday if I would have let her.”

“Well it’s only been just over a week and she has a lot of people that love her and she is living her dream. Sort of.”

They both looked at Chrissy who was laughing and giggling with Kim walking just in front of them. She turned to look at them both. They both smiled at her, and she smiled back.

“I really like her Mandy. I would be proud to have her as my second daughter.”

“I’m sure she would love to call you Mum. I can ask her if you would like?”

“That would be nice dear. See what she says.”

“I will do mum.”

They spent a couple of hours looking around the castle and then headed back to the car and made their way to the pub for some dinner. The food was great and the company was even better. The only trouble came when it was time to pay as Chrissy wanted to get the bill as a way of thanking them all for being there for her. She won the small battle and felt good having treated them all to the meal.

It was just after six when Mandy dropped them off at the Surgery so Prue could get her car. Mandy offered to drop Kim off at her home, but Prue said she was going that way so she would do it. They all hugged and Kim and Prue thanked Mandy and Chrissy for a nice day and Chrissy for the dinner.

It was nearly seven when Chrissy was back as his male self and ready to head home. Mandy could see the sadness in his eyes at being male again. She really hoped he could find the courage to come out to Mable and the others soon. She knew the longer he left it the worse it was going to be to tell them, and hide the affects of the injections.

The next couple of weeks went past really quick. He was getting up and going to Mandy’s to get ready, then working till six, when she would change back to being Chris. The injections were beginning to work, as his hips were looking a little fuller and his chest was a little tender which made him smile.

He didn’t dress on the first Wednesday, but by the second one he couldn’t cope with being Chris. So he went all the way, but didn’t bother with much makeup as once he was the right shape and he had the breast forms on, he looked like a girl anyway with his small frame and heart shaped face. She still used the contacts as she liked having blue eyes. She knew from the past couple of weeks that Becky was always the first one home at six, so Chrissy would get changed at five so she had plenty of time to change.

He was having check-up’s with Prue every couple of weeks and was dressing everyday now as he would go out doing stuff with Mandy on a Sunday. Prue used this day to do the check up and spend some time with her two daughters, as she had really come to think of Chrissy as her second daughter by now.

Weeks became months, and Chrissy was really filling out, he couldn’t see many real changes apart from the rear end looking more female and his chest was an A cup by now. He was wearing baggy clothing around the house when he was there to hide his newly forming female shape.

Mandy had tried a couple of times to get him to sit them all down and tell them, but she was scared of losing the new family she had found. Mandy could understand what she meant and let it go for now. She was going to have a word with Sarah before Chrissy’s next meeting to see if she could try and make her see that she needed to get it over with.

By early December they were really busy with all the husbands and boyfriends buying gift for their loved ones. So Mandy and Chrissy were working longer hours and Sundays as well. They still shut on a Wednesday, as they needed one day to try and recharge their batteries.

Chris had a lie in on the Wednesday. When he did get up he went down and made sure the house was empty, which it always was. So he went back upstairs and got changed. Before he put any clothes on, he looked at himself in the mirror, he was looking more and more like a she now. Prue had got him on a couple of different pills, she had said what they were, but all Chris knew was they would make him a girl. So she didn’t really care beyond that point.

His breasts were still small, so he used the breast forms still, he attached them to his chest and then got a bra and panty set out the drawer. As he cleaned his own room and none of the others ever came in, he knew they were safe in there. Next, he dropped a slip over his body and then used the corset to give him that killer hourglass shape. Now all he could see was Chrissy, so she decided on a white blouse and a black sixteen inch skirt. She slipped the skirt up over her black nylon clad legs and then put on the black boots she had brought on one of the shopping trips with Mandy.

She sat at her vanity table and teased her hair into a more feminine style and then added a little lipstick and called herself done.

She headed off to the laundry room and did the washing, then had a sandwich for her lunch and sat in the dinning room reading a book for a bit and had a cup of tea. Once she had finished the book she took the cup into the kitchen and was making her way back to her room to return the book when she realised she was stood facing Mable.

Chrissy froze on the spot starring at Mable, and Mable was just looking at Chrissy.

“Hello dear are you a friend of Chris’s?”

Chrissy still couldn’t find her voice and looked as white as a sheet. Then she saw a look cross Mable’s face and she said, “Chris is that you?”

Chrissy let her head drop, and that was all the answer Mable needed. She could see that he was upset about being found this way. But not having dealt with anything like this before, she had little idea what to say to break the ice.

“Chris, I think we need to sit down and talk about how you’re dressed. Don’t you?”

“Yes, I guess we should.” Was all Chris said in a quiet but female voice.

Mable led the way to the dinning room and offered Chris a seat. Once she was seated Mable asked if she wanted a cup of tea.

“Yes please Mable. Do you want me to make it?”

“No dear, I think you should just sit there and try to calm down a bit.”

Chrissy wanted to run, but she knew she had to get this out the way. She was lost in thought when Mable came back with a tray.

“Here we go Chris.”

Mable sat down and poured out a cup of tea for each of them. Chrissy was shaking quite bad and had to put the cup and saucer down.

“So then Chris dear, do you want to tell me why you’re dressed like that?”

So Chris spent the next hour telling Mable all about his past and what brought him to this point in his life. Mable sat and listened while he told her everything. She never said anything so Chris had no idea what she was thinking one way or the other.

Chrissy looked at her watch and saw that it was close to six, so she got up to go and get changed.

“Where you going Chris?”

“It’s nearly six Mable. The others will be home soon, and I need to change.”

“Chris, the others need to see what you look like. They need to have a say in who they are sharing the house with, and as you’ve said. It’s going to get harder for you to hide it as time goes by.”

“I guess you’re right Mable.” Chris was worried even more now as he sat waiting like the condemned man waiting to go to the electric chair.

It was a little after six when Chrissy heard the front door open. She heard Becky shout she was home, then Jenna and David shouted they were back as well.

They all came to the dinning room and saw Mable sitting with a young woman. Mable asked them all to take a seat. Then she said, “I have something to tell you all, but before I start to explain, I want you all to meet...” But before she had a chance to finish. Becky said,

“Mable, shouldn’t we wait for Chris to come in here? He is part of the group.”

Mable let out a big sigh then said, “I would like you all to meet the new Chris.” She waved her hand towards the girl sat next to her. Chrissy looked for any sign of what they were thinking, but all she saw was odd looks and then they all seemed to be wanting to say stuff, but didn’t know how to put it.

Mable could see they all had questions, but knew they were having trouble talking in front of Chris.

Mable looked at Chris and said, “Chris dear, I think you should go up to your room so we can talk about all this. Chris got up to leave the table when Becky said, “Wait a minute Chris, I’ve seen you like this before haven’t I?”

“Yes you have. I came to your shop just after I first dressed.” Chris was looking down at the floor when she answered her.

“I thought I was your friend Chris? How could you do this to me?”

Chris was about to answer, but Mable stepped in and told Chris to just go and she would explain. So Chris walked away and went up to his room. He was really upset by the time he got there. He had just blown everything, he thought he could see how they felt about him.

While Mable was telling them all the stuff that Chris had told her. Chris was changing out of his clothing and put his male clothes back on. Panic set in and he felt the need to run away, so he grabbed his jacket and his wallet and was out the house in no time. He was walking around for hours. By the time he was tired of walking, he had no idea where he was.

Back at the house Mable had finished telling everyone and they had all asked Mable some questions. So Mable asked them the big question.

“Do any of you have a problem with Chris staying here with us?”

“I think he, or she is a great kid no matter what she wears.” David said.

“It kind of explains a lot about him really. I don’t have a problem with him staying.” Jenna added.

“I think he looked really good, and I would love to go shopping with him, her.” Becky said.

“Well, I don’t have a problem with it, so it looks like we have a new guest. Sort of. Becky will you go and ask Chris to come back down.”

“Sure Mable, I’ll be right back.” With that, Becky was off up to Chris’s room. When she got to his room she knocked on the door and it opened, so she poked her head inside and found the room empty. So she walked to the bathroom to see if he was in there, but it was empty as well. She was getting a little worried now, so she ran back down stairs.

“He’s gone, He’s gone! His room is empty Mable.”

“Don’t panic Becky. I’m sure he’s just trying to clear his head.”

“But Mable, I was so mean to him and shouted at him.”

“I don’t think he will hold it against you Becky. He understood that you were a little shocked to see him like that.”

“He did look good though Mable. I just want to give him a hug.”

They tried to call him on his phone but there was no answer.

Chris was really lost. He was trying to find a phone box as his phone was in his room. He found one, but it had been vandalised, so he kept looking. He had only walked a little ways down the road when he found himself faced with a gang of youths not being very big made him an easy target.

“Hey kid, give us your wallet, or you going to feel this.” As the man spoke he pulled a knife out his pocket. Chris didn’t even think about it for a second before he turned and ran. He didn’t get very far when the same man that had shown him the knife beat him to the ground.

Chris tried to fight him off, but he was out weighed and didn’t stand a chance. Chris felt a sharp pain in his side and then the man jumped up off him.

“Jimmy! What have you done, man?”

“I. I didn’t mean to. It just happened.”

“We need to get him some help.”

“No way man, I’m not going to prison for anyone.”

They all looked at each other and then the one that had stabbed Chris knelt down and searched his pockets and found his wallet and took it.

“You guys can stop if you want, but if any of you speak about this to anyone. You will join him.” With that, the guy was gone. His gang all looked at each other and then followed him.

Chris struggled to his feet and felt his side where all the pain was coming from. When he looked at his hand it was covered in blood. He started to feel really light headed, he walked a little farther up the road and then fell to the ground. He lay there and watched as the world went black.

It was the early hours of the morning at Mable’s when there was a knock on the door. Mable, Becky, and David were still up waiting for Chris to come home. So they all thought it was Chris. Becky was the first to the door, but Mable and David came running when they heard Becky scream, but not in a good way.

When David got to the front door he saw a male and female police Office stood there. The female was trying to console Becky who was crying.

“Becky, what’s wrong.”

“He’s dead David, Chris is dead.” She said through sobs of tears.

David looked at the male police officer.

“Do you know a Christopher Clarke sir?”

“Yes he has been living here for the past four months.”

“I’m sorry to be the one to tell you this, but a body was found tonight and it was ID’d as Christopher. Would you be willing to come and ID the body?”

David was in shock. “Yes, just let me get my car keys. Where do I need to go?”

“Don’t worry sir, we will drive you there and then bring you back after.”

“Thanks, I don’t really feel like driving.”

Mable had come out and David sat her down on a chair and told her the bad news. She put her hand to her mouth and she was crying as well. David led his mother to the sofa in the TV room and the female officer came in with Becky who sat next to Mable. They wrapped their arms around each other and cried.

“Mum, I need to go with the police now and ID the body. I’ll be back as soon as I can.”

Mable just nodded and kept rocking Becky.

It took them nearly twenty minutes to get to the morgue, then another ten minutes or them to set up the room so David could ID the body. He really wasn’t looking forward to doing this, as it wasn’t the last memory he wanted of Chris.

A man led David to the room where the body was. The room was cold and creepy, David stood looking a steel table with a cover over a body, and the man took hold of the sheet and pulled it down.

David let out the breath he had been holding forever.

“Is this Christopher Clarke?” The man asked.

David let out another deep breath then said, “No it’s not. Thank god, it’s not”

The man looked a little shocked, as he never really ever got people say that it wasn’t the right person lying there.

“I’m sorry to have put you through all this sir. But we found this wallet on the body and thought it was Christopher’s.”

“That is his wallet, but where is Christopher?”

“I can’t answer that question for you sir, but I will check if any John Doe’s have come in.”

David sat waiting for the officer to return. When he did she said, “There have been no reports of anymore bodies so there is a good chance that your friend is alive still.”

“Thank you for checking. Can I get a lift home now, I’d like to give my mother and Becky the good news.”

“No problem sir, follow me and I will take you home right away.”

David was glad to be walking back into the house, this is one night he was glad to see the back of. Even if he was still worried as to where Chris could be, or what state he may be in. The officer had given David the wallet. When he walked into the TV room to find his mum and Becky asleep in each other’s arms the door creaked and Becky woke o see David hold a clear plastic bag. She lost it again thinking that it was David bringing back Chris’s stuff now he had made the ID.

Mable woke up when Becky started to scream again and saw David rushing over to them.

“Becky, Becky! It wasn’t Chris. Some other guy had his wallet. They don’t know where he is, but it wasn’t him in the morgue.”

Both Becky and Mable stopped crying and looked at David.

“So he’s still alive then?” Becky asked.

“They checked to see if there were any John Doe’s, but didn’t find one so they think he could just be walking around still or he could be hurt and in hospital. But with how many drunks and other sorts they get. It’s hard to track down just one person, so we have to wait and see.”

Chris could feel signs of life seeping back into his mind and light into his eyes. When he fully opened his eyes he was met with the faces of Mandy, Prue, and Kim all had been crying and looked like they hadn’t slept in days.

“What happened to me?” Chris croaked out.

“You were found with a stab wound by the side of the road.” Prue answered.

“My mouth feels dry, how long have I been here, and where is here?”

“You’ve been here for a couple of days Chris. You lost a lot of blood and at one point they nearly lost you. You are in a private Hospital run by a friend of mine.”

“Am I going to make it then doc?” Chris asked with a weak smile.

“Yes you’re going to be fine Chris. But what were you doing in that part of town?”

Chris spent the next hour telling them about how he got caught by Mable and why he had panicked and run, then about his getting lost and mugged.

Mandy who had just stood there looking at Chris finally spoke. “Why didn’t you come to my house Chrissy? I told you to come and see me if this ever happened.”

“I’m sorry Mandy, but I wasn’t thinking at all, and then I got lost and then this is the next thing I remember.”

“I’m just glad to have you back with us Sis.”

“I’m not sure how long for, I don’t think I have a home any more.”

“You have a home with me silly.” Mandy said.

“I can’t do that to you Mandy.”

“Funny Chrissy, as it wasn’t a question Sis. I was telling you.”

Too weak to argue he let her win and then felt the need to sleep some more, so they all left and let him rest.”

It took another week of rest before the doc would let him leave the hospital and go home to Mandy’s.

“Have you spoken to Mable or any of the others since I got stabbed?”

“No, we weren’t sure what had happened that night, so we thought it best to let you plan out how or if you wanted to contact them.”

“Mandy, would you go and see them for me, and find out how they feel about who I’m becoming.”

“Sure Hon, would you be willing to have guests if they are happy to see you?”

“Yes I would, but with how they all acted when they found out, I don’t think I will be having any of them come see me.”

“You never know Chrissy, and if they don’t, then they are the ones losing out.” Mandy gave her a hug as she said this.

Mandy made her some breakfast then said she would go and see Mable and the others.

Mandy parked her car out on the road then walked up to the front door and rang the bell. It didn’t take long for someone to answer. It was Becky the girl that she and Chrissy had met in the shop the first time they went shopping. Mandy couldn’t help but see that she looked worn out.

“Hello miss, can I help you?” Becky said as she was looking at the woman at the door. She had a funny look on her face as she was trying to work out why she thought she had seen this woman before. Then she got a shocked look on her face as it hit her.

“You’re the woman that was shopping with Chris that day. Do you know where he is? Is he alright?”

“Yes I do know where she is, and yes she is sort of alright. May I come in, or do you want me to leave?” Mandy was a little upset with them all, and the fact that Becky was still saying him didn’t help.

“Sorry miss, would you please come in.” This woman was scary.

“Thank you Becky.” Mandy said as she entered the house.

“Miss, Have I done something to upset you?” Becky asked.

“Please call me Mandy, and I’m not sure if you have or not. I really care about Chrissy, and I want to make sure she isn’t going to be hurt any more than she already has.”

Becky stopped dead in her tracks then said, “I do care about Chris, Chrissy a lot. He ran before we had time to tell him that we all loved him no matter how he dressed.”

Mandy could see that her pushing had made Becky Stand up for Chrissy. So Mandy relaxed a bit. She took hold of Becky’s hands and then said, “Becky, I’m sorry for seeming a little heartless, but I wasn’t sure why Chrissy ran the other night, and she can’t remember much of it. Is everyone here? I would like to talk to you all.”

“Yes they’re all in the dining room. Please come this way.” Becky led the way to the dining room where she saw an elderly lady, a middle-aged man, and a young woman with a little girl sitting on her knee.

“Mandy I would like you to meet Mable, David, Jenna and the little one is Cathleen. Everyone, this is Mandy, she has some news about Chrissy.”

They all sat up and asked if he was fine and a lot of other questions.

“Becky has told me that you’re all worried about Chrissy, and I am sorry for not being in touch sooner. But I needed to get the ok from Chrissy before I came, as she had very little memory of the night he ran away.”

“Is he alright?” Mable asked.

“He was mugged the night he ran, and was stabbed. He lost a lot of blood and died at one point, but she is doing well now. She is staying at my house. I say she because she is now doing what they call, a real life test.”

“What is a real life test?” David asked.

“Chrissy has to live full time as a female for the next two years. After that time she can have the final operation to become a full female.”

“Can we come and visit her?” Becky asked.

“When she asked me to come, I asked her if she would like to have you come and visit and she said she would like that a lot. But seemed to think you all hated her.”

“How could we hate such a child as Chris? I mean Chrissy.” Mable added

“I was hoping that would be the case, but I had to be sure. I love Chrissy like a sister and would do anything to protect her.”

“As would I.” claimed Becky.

“You’re welcome to come around any time. She is still weak from the stabbing, but I’m sure she would love to see you all.” Mandy got a small pad and a pen out and wrote down the address and phone number for her house and gave it to Mable.

“Now if you don’t mind I would like to get back and make sure she is still alright.” Mandy said.

“Mandy, would it be ok for me to come back with you now? I would really like to see her. The last time I saw her, I was mad at her for that day in the shop.”

“Sure you can. I know that Chrissy will be happy to see you Becky.” Becky gave Mandy a hug and thanked her.

“We will come around just after two this afternoon Mandy, if that is ok with you?”

“That would be perfect Mable. I will see you all later, Becky if you’re ready, shall we go?”

Mable walked them to the door and thanked Mandy for coming around and telling them, and said she would see them later.

Mandy and Becky walked out to the road then Mandy stopped at her car and Becky realised that it was the same car that was on the drive that time she asked Chris about the job.

“Nice car Mandy. Were you in Chrissy’s room that night I was talking to him about it?”

“Yes I was, I had to hide in her room because you would have worked out who she was if you saw me.”

“I just wish she could have told me sooner, I really do love her. I just never knew why.”

“Why do you sound so confused about it Becky. She was a he at the time, and he was always nice to everyone. So it’s just the girlie thing to do.”

“Mandy, you don’t understand. I only like other girls, that’s why I always felt a little odd around Chris. I wanted to be with him as more than a friend.”

“Oh, I see. Well soon you won’t have to feel as weird around her as she blooms into womanhood.”

“I can’t believe I just told you all that. I can see why Chrissy trusted you Mandy. I’m glad she has you.”

“We’re really just like sister’s Becky. I won’t be fighting you for her in that way and as a sister, I give you my blessing to date her, as long as she is into girls and not boys. She has never shown any interest in boys when we have been out.”

“I’m not to sure how she will feel about me after that night at Mable’s. I fear she will hate me.”

“I thought you knew Chrissy better than that Becky. She doesn’t have a hateful bone in her whole body.”

“I guess I am worrying over nothing, but I’ve not slept since she went missing, or that is what it feels like.”

“Be thankful you didn’t have to see her when she first got to the Hospital. She was close to death.”

“How did they know to get a hold of you? Her wallet was stolen.”

“They found a surgery card in her jacket that had my mum’s phone number on the back and the number of a friend called Kim. So they called the numbers and described what he looked like. It was Kim they got hold of first and she called me and my mum. My Mum is a doctor so she got her some of the best care she could find.”

“I’m glad she did, I have been lost without my best friend.” Becky said.

Mandy pulled into the driveway of her home and Becky did the same thing Chrissy did and looked up out the front window of the car.

“This is some place you have here Mandy.”

“It’s not too bad, just a little lonely at times, but having Chrissy here has helped me enjoy it more.”

The girls got out the car and made their way to the front door and Mandy let them in. The alarm was odd, but she locked the door when she left.

Becky was looking around the large hallway in amazement.

“This house is so beautiful Mandy.”

“Thanks Becky. Do you want a drink before you go up, or shall I show you to her room?”

“I would really like to go and see Chrissy please.”

“I thought you would, follow me then.” Mandy led Becky up the stairs and down the hall to the room that Chrissy was in. She put her finger to her lips as she opened the door and sneaked in.

Chrissy was asleep so she pointed to a chair at the side of the bed and indicated that she was going to make a drink and come back. Becky gave a nod and then sat down next to the sleeping form of Chrissy.

Becky could see that Chrissy was having a bad dream as she was talking in her sleep and Chrissy was begging for help as she was bleeding, then she started to cry in her sleep as she thought she was going to die. Becky started to stroke her hair and that seemed to relax her a little.

Becky put her head on the pillow next to Chrissy and she was soon asleep as well. She didn’t hear Mandy come in and see her or feel as she lifted her onto the bed and put the cover over her. Mandy knew that Becky was a true friend and a caring person.

Mandy sat and poured herself a glass of orange squash and watched them sleep.

It was an hour later before Chrissy started to stir. She opened her eyes and came face to face with Becky sleeping next to her. She wanted to hug her, but she looked so beautiful when she slept. As though she knew she was being watched Becky opened her eyes.

“Hi Sleepy head.” Chrissy said in a quiet voice.

“Hi Chrissy.” Becky said.

Becky saying the two simple words brought a tear to Chrissy’s eyes. Then she said, “You called me Chrissy. Does that mean you don’t hate me?”

“I love you silly.” With that, she gave her a long passionate kiss.

“You love me? You mean as a friend, or as a lover, love me?”

“As both Chrissy. I love girls, but since I first met you. I was in love, but couldn’t work out why till I saw you that night at Mable’s”

“I don’t understand Becky, how can you be in love with me then. I’m not a male or a female. I’m just a freak.”

Becky hugged her and said, “Chrissy, you’re not a freak. You just need a little help getting to the point you want to reach.” Chrissy let out a gasp as Becky hugged her. So Becky let go with a worried look on her face.

“I’m sorry Chrissy, I didn’t mean to hurt you.”

“Don’t worry Becky, it’s just a little tender still. No harm done.”

Chrissy saw a head pop up above Becky, It was Mandy. “Ok, now that you both know how you really feel about each other, who wants to get some food?”

“Can I come downstairs Sis? I’m sick of lying around in bed all the time.”

“I guess so, but take your time and let Becky help you down. I’ll go and put some soup on and cut some bread. Do you want some Becky?”

“Only if it’s no trouble Mandy. I don’t want to put you out.”

“No trouble at all. I’ll see you downstairs shortly, give me a shout if you need any help.” That said, Mandy was off out the door, and Becky helped Chrissy to get up. She was a little slow on her feet and her side was still sore. Becky helped her put on her dressing gown and then they took a slow walk down to the kitchen.

Mandy had the soup on and had cut the bread up and had three place settings set at the table for them. Becky took Chrissy over to the table and sat her down, then went to help Mandy finish up the soup. Chrissy offered to help, but got told to keep her sweet little tush where it was.

Chrissy wasn’t one for being waited on, but she really didn’t feel up to helping much, but the thought was there. Mandy and Becky got on like old friends and they both loved Chrissy very much. Mandy as a sister and Becky as a lover, so they all got on really well.

After they had finished lunch, Becky washed the pots and Mandy dried, and Chrissy got to sit at the table and watch.

When everything was put away, Mandy showed them to the living room and helped Chrissy find a soft spot to lie. Which ended up with her head on Becky’s lap and Becky stealing the odd kiss here and there.

Just after two, the doorbell rang and Mandy went to see who it was. She knew it would be Mable and the others, but didn’t want Chrissy to worry so never said anything to her. It was Mable, so she showed them all to the living room, where they found Becky sitting with Chrissy resting her head on her lap.

“Chrissy tried to jump up when he saw who it was, which was a really bad mistake. She winced in agony and nearly fell on top of Becky, but Becky was already trying to stop her getting up. So she caught her with little trouble.

“Chrissy, you foolish girl. What on earth do you think your doing?” Mable asked as she saw the look of pain in her face.

“I didn’t expect to see you here. Becky never said you were coming. I didn’t think you’d want to see me again.”

“Chrissy dear, you have it all wrong. I was never upset with you, I just wanted to give the others time to talk about how they felt without you being there. It was as much for your benefit as theirs. We didn’t know you’d gone till Becky went up to tell you that it was safe to come down.”

Chrissy’s head fell down and she started to cry. So Mable went and sat on the other side of her and put her arm around her. Then said, “Hey now, what’s all the crying for?”

“I’m sorry Mable. I just thought you all wanted me to go. I didn’t think any of you would want a freak living in the same house as you.”

“NOW THEN YOUNG LADY! I don’t ever want to hear you call yourself that ever again. You’re a good caring person, any fool can see that. You just can’t expect everyone to except you right from the start. But we all still love you Chrissy, and if this is what makes you happy then we’re happy.”

Chrissy managed a weak smile on her face and she gave Mable a big hug and thanked her for still being her friend. When they broke the hug Chrissy looked over to see how David and Jenna were looking at her. David had a smile on his face, and Jenna had a tear in her eye. So Chrissy slowly got to her feet and walked over to the pair.

“David, I’m sorry for all the trouble I put you through. I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me one day.”

“Chrissy, there is nothing to forgive. I’m just glad you’re ok. I can’t tell you the relief I felt when they pulled back the cover at the morgue and it wasn’t you I saw.” Chrissy just stood there for a second or two not knowing whether to shake his hand or try to hug him. David made the first move when he held his arms out for her. So Chrissy smiled and stepped into the hug.

When they finished she stepped over to Jenna who was holding Cathleen. “Hello Jenna, I’m sorry for any trouble I may have caused, and I hope you can forgive me.”

“Chrissy, I have to agree with David. There is nothing to be forgiven for. When Mable told us what you went through as a kid and the brave move you had made. I was proud to have you as a friend.” Jenna held out her free arm so she could give Chrissy a big hug. Cathleen, who up to this point hadn’t said anything also gave Chrissy a hug and added, “I still love you quissy.”

“I love you too Cathleen.” Chrissy replied as she returned the hugs.

Mandy stood off to one side while they all talked and cleared the air. She had a tear in her eye as she could see that Chrissy was well loved by her new family still.

Becky dragged Chrissy back to the sofa and made her sit down before she fell down.

It didn’t take long for Cathleen to drag Mandy into a game of dollies with her. Mandy was having fun, it had been a long time since she had a house full of people. She just loved Mable to bits, and she could see why Chrissy liked her too.

They stopped for a couple of hours and then left, as Chrissy was looking tired. Becky said she would stay and make her way home later. David told her to call and he would come and fetch her, but Mandy said, “She could stop the night if she wants to? I have to be at the shop early tomorrow and I don’t want to leave Chrissy on her own.”

“I would love to look after Chrissy for you Mandy.” Becky said with a big grin on her face.

Becky helped Chrissy to her feet and they all saw Mable and the others off at the door then made their way back inside.

“Do you want to go back into the living room Chrissy, or would you be better off in bed?”

“I could really do with a lie down for a bit, so I think I’ll go to bed.” Becky took one side and Mandy the other and they helped her to her room.

Once they had her in bed they turned to leave, but Chrissy said, “Please don’t leave, I don’t want to be alone at the minute.” So they both walked back to the bed and got on the bed as well. Becky one side and Mandy the other. They all fell asleep in no time.

Mandy woke up before the other two and slid off the bed to answer the call of nature. When she came back into the room, Becky was awake and getting up.

“Thanks for letting me stop Mandy. I wasn’t looking forward to leaving Chrissy.”

“It’s my pleasure Becky. I know that Chrissy was worried he had lost you as a friend, and I think she has a special thing for you as well. So when you said you loved her she felt complete for the first time. I know it can’t be easy knowing you’re a girl inside and then falling in love with a girl.”

“I can understand some of it, as I have been in love with Chrissy since the first time I saw him/her. But I have never even wanted to be with a guy, so I didn’t know how to act around him. But when I saw Chrissy and Mable told me who she was I wanted to make love to her right there and then. Does that make me a bad person?”

“Not at all Becky. Chrissy is a very loveable person, I could see that from the first time I saw him in my shop.”

“So is it you that Chrissy works for then?”

“Yes it is. She told you what she said she did, and she isn’t lying. But she does a lot more as well. Please don’t be mad at her for not telling you. She loved you, but thought you would never want her once she became a girl.”

“I must admit that I thought you two might have been an item.”

“I do love her, but it is as a sister would love a sister, not the way you love her. I find it hard to believe that she could be so alone and yet show so much love.”

“Mable said that he had a past, but I don’t think even Mable could have known about this.”

The girls stopped talking when they heard a sniffle from the bed, when they looked they could see that Chrissy had been listening to what they had been talking about. She sat up in bed and they walked over and sat next to her.

“How long have you been awake Chrissy?” Mandy asked.

“I heard everything you said to each other.”

“And how do you feel about what we said?” Becky asked.

“It made me want to cry, but because I’m happy, not sad. I can’t remember living before I came here and met you all.”

“Well you’re living now Sis.” Mandy said.

“And if we can stop you from running away, we can keep you that way.” Becky added.

“I feel like I’m home now, so I don’t need to run.” Chrissy said as she worked her way over to the edge of the bed so she could use the bathroom.

“Do you need a hand Chrissy?” Becky asked.

“I’ll be fine, I already have two.” She giggled as she walked off grinning at them both.

“She’s getting better, the sarcasm has started again.” Mandy said.

When Chrissy got to the bathroom she lifted her nightgown and looked at the scar on her side, but it was covered with a dressing, so she left it alone. She used the bathroom and went back out to the other two.

“How are you feeling now Chrissy?” Becky asked.

“I’m feeling much better now. I could really use something to eat though. I think I will make myself a sandwich.”

“How about I spring for take out?” Becky said.

“I don’t have any take out menu’s here Becky, so it’s going to be hard to place an order.” Mandy added.

“Don’t worry Mandy, I’ve got it covered. What sort of take out do you fancy?”

“Why don’t we let Chrissy choose, as she’s the one that’s ill.” Mandy said.

“I could kill for a pizza with everything on it.” She pretended to wipe a bit of drool away from the corner of her mouth as she finished speaking.

Mandy and Becky both laughed at her. Becky got her mobile out and scrolled down till she found the one for the pizza place and made the call. She put her hand over the phone and asked Mandy if she wanted everything on hers? She said yes and then she carried on talking and ordered some drinks and a couple of side orders. Then gave the address and rung off.

“They said it should be here in around twenty minutes. I hope you can hang on that long Chrissy?”

“With how slow she moves at the moment, it will take her that long to get downstairs.”

“Think your self lucky I can’t hit you without hurting myself even more, or I would show you what for Sis.”

“Come on Wonder Woman, let’s get you downstairs.” The girls each took a side and helped Chrissy out the room and down the stairs. It only took ten minutes, so they went into the living room and sat on the sofa to wait for the pizza to turn up. They only had to wait another five minutes before it came.

The pizza was gorgeous and the barbecue chicken wings and wedges were just as nice.

“Thanks Becky, that was really nice.” Chrissy said.

“Yes thanks Becky. That was one of the best pizzas I’ve ever had.” Mandy added.

“I know all the best take out places around here. You need to know them all when you’re as bad a cook as me.”

“You can’t be that bad Becky.”

“Yes I can, just ask Chrissy here. She has tried to show me how to do stuff, but it never tastes as good as what she can do.”

“She’s not as bad as she makes out Mandy. She can boil a pan of water now.” Chrissy said.

“Hey! I resemble that remark.” Becky said laughing.

“Sorry Becky, I’m just teasing you. I think you’re getting a lot better than when I first saw you trying to cook. You just need to stick to the simpler meals.”

“Thanks Chrissy. One thing for sure Mandy, you’re not going to go hungry while Chrissy is here.”

“I’m not sure how long Chrissy will be living here with me.”

Chrissy looked a little worried, as if she was about to be asked to move out. “Mandy, please don’t ask me to move out. If it’s about the job, I’m sure I could come in tomorrow if you really need me. I love working for you and don’t want to lose the job.” She was beginning to panic, till Mandy managed to get a word in.

“Chrissy, Chrissy! I’m not kicking you out, and I am not going to sack you. What I meant was, now you’re so close with Becky I thought you would want to move back to Mable’s.”

“I did like living at Mable’s, but I love being here with you Sis.I would really like to stay here if you will have me.”

Mandy sat next to Chrissy and handed her a small pink box with a white bow tied around it.

“What is this Mandy?”

“Open it silly and find out.”

Chrissy undid the bow and opened the box to find a Card with a set of numbers on it, so she took it out and found a set of keys underneath.

“Are these what I think they are Sis?”

“If you’re thinking they’re keys, then yes they are what you think they are.” She had a big smile on her face as she said it.

“You know what I mean Mandy, are they a set of keys for the house?”

“Yes they are Chrissy. They are a set of keys for our house.”

“I don’t know what to say Mandy.”

“Well, thank you would be nice.”

“Thanks Sis.” Chrissy gave her a big hug and had a little cry as well.

Chrissy turned to Becky. “Becky, I hope you can understand why I want to stay here. I did love it at Mable’s, but it feels more like home here with Mandy.”

“I do understand Chrissy, and as long as I can come and visit a couple of time a week I will be happy.”

“Your welcome any time Becky.” Mandy said.

“Thanks Mandy.” She reached over Chrissy and gave her a hug.

They sat and watched telly for a couple of hours, then they made their way up to bed when Chrissy was having trouble keeping her eyes open.

“Which room can I use Mandy?” Becky asked.

“I thought you would want to be close to Chrissy, so you can share with her if you would like.” Becky got a big grin on her face and then said, “I would love to. Thanks Mandy.”

“You’re welcome Becky. I’ve been worried about Chrissy sleeping alone. Since the attack she has been having some bad dreams. Today was the first time she has had any proper sleep.”

“Sorry for being such a pain Mandy.” Chrissy said looking down at the floor.

Mandy walked up to her and pulled her face up to look her in the eyes and then said, “Chrissy, you’re not a pain. I love to worry about you. Now I want to see a smile on your face, or I may have to tickle you till I get one.”

Not wanting to test whether she was being serious Chrissy smiled. “That’s much better.” Mandy said.

“Do you have a night-gown I can borrow Mandy?” Becky asked.

“You look to be the same size as Chrissy so you can borrow one of hers. Chrissy will show you where they are.”

They all hugged and said good night and went to their rooms. Mandy was glad that Becky was going to be stopping for a couple of nights.

Chrissy fell asleep cuddled up to Becky, and slept right through the night. She lay there watching Becky sleep in the morning, till Becky opened her eyes and saw she was being watched.

“Good morning lover.” Becky said as she gave Chrissy a hug and a long lasting kiss.

“Good morning to you too. I could cope with waking up every morning like this.” Chrissy said in reply. She got a smile from Becky, so took that to mean that Becky felt the same.

“How you feeling today Chrissy, any pain?”

“I really do feel a lot better, must be having you here.”

“I’m just glad you’re still with us Chrissy. I don’t know what I would do if you had died.” Becky got a tear in her eye as she said this.

“Hey Becky, don’t think like that. I’m not dead and I don’t plan on being so for some time to come.”

“Good!” Was Becky’s one word answer.

Both girls got up and made their way to the bathroom and took care of business then made their way downstairs. Mandy was just getting ready to leave for work, but took the time to have a second cup of tea and make sure Chrissy was doing ok and made sure that Becky wouldn’t let her do anything other than rest all day.

“Yes Ma’am.” Becky said as she giggled at the orders from Mandy, and Mandy had to giggle as well.

“You sure you’re going to be alright on your own at the shop Mandy?”

“I did used to run the shop before I ever met you Chrissy.”

“That’s not what I meant, and you know it. I just worry about how busy it is this time of year. I could come in and just sit and sort the EBay orders for you?”

“Chrissy, Mum said you have to rest till the stitches come out. And I for one do not want to face the wrath of my Mother, as I am sure you don’t.”

“Okay, but I would be there if I could Sis.” Chrissy said feeling guilty about all the work Mandy had on her plate.

“Look Chrissy, we have an appointment on Wednesday at the doctors, so I will ask if you can come back and help out. Is that ok?”

Chrissy smiled and then said, “That would be great. Thanks Sis.” She gave Mandy a hug and then Mandy left for the shop.

“What do you want for breakfast Chrissy?”

“Just some toast please. I’m not very hungry this morning.”

“You are feeling alright, aren’t you?”

“Yes I’m fine, I think I had a little too much last night. But it was nice.” Chrissy said with a smile on her face.

“I know I can’t cook, but I can order a mean Pizza.” Becky said Laughing.

Becky made some toast and a fresh pot of tea and they sat and talked for a bit. Becky asked about how she got started on her transition, so Chrissy told her about Mandy’s mum and all the other stuff up to the point Mable came home early the other Wednesday.

“You seem a lot happier now Chrissy. Do you think your doing the right thing?”

“Yes more than anything, I love being able to express my feelings without worrying what people think. I’m kind of glad that I was stuck between the sexes. At least I look like a girl.”

“You do that Chrissy.” Becky said with a smile.

Chrissy made a move to clear the pots away, but got stopped. “Chrissy sit down and rest! You know what Mandy said.”

“I know, but I am going mad doing nothing. I feel fine, just a little stiff.”

“Well hopefully you can get back to work after Wednesday. Just make the most of the time off.”

“I just love doing stuff for other people, and I feel so useless at the minute.”

“No one thinks you’re useless Chrissy, and you shouldn’t think that either.”

Becky cleared the pots and then helped Chrissy to the living room. They watched some daytime TV, but soon got bored so they went back upstairs and Becky put on a fashion show for Chrissy, which had them both laughing. Chrissy begged Becky to stop making her laugh as it hurt for her to laugh.

“I’m sorry Chrissy, but it’s nice to see you having so much fun.”

“Thanks Becky, It’s nice to have friends to laugh with.”

“If nothing else, I’m good for a laugh.”

“You’re good for more than that Becky.” She said as she stood up and gave her a hug, and then they kissed.

The rest of the day went pretty much the same with them having a snack at lunchtime. Then Chrissy talked Becky through the process of cooking dinner.

It was all ready by the time Mandy got home. “Something smells good, I hope you didn’t let her cook Becky?”

“No, I did it all. Chrissy just told me what to do, I wouldn’t let her do a thing.”

“Have I got time to take a quick shower?”

“Sure, we can keep it warm for a bit longer.”

“Good. I’ll be right back.” She was off out the door.

By the time she got back down, the food was being dished up. Becky had done the same meal that she tried to do the night Chrissy came home and had to sort it all out. But this time she had done it all and it was really nice.

“This is a really nice meal Becky. I thought you said you couldn’t cook.”

“Chrissy just sat telling me what to do. So she should get some of the credit.”

“I only had to point out a couple of little things Becky, so you did all of it.” Becky got a proud smile on her face as she realised that she had done it.

Desert was some fresh fruit and some ice cream, which Becky had prepared.

“Your spoiling me, I normally only have a simple microwave meal.”

“I’d face the wrath of Prue and cook you something before I let you have one of those meals while I’m around.” Chrissy said, and Becky backed her up.

“Well thank you for a lovely meal.”

“You’re welcome Mandy.” Becky said.

Mandy had rented a DVD on the way home, so when they had finished the pots they all made their way to the living room and watched it. By the time it had finished, they were all tired so they went to bed.

Tuesday was pretty much the same as Monday and Becky cooked another great meal and Mandy enjoyed it. They sat and talked instead of trying to watch another movie. Chrissy wanted an early night so she could try and get to Wednesday sooner, and get the all clear from Prue. Chrissy was awake first in the morning and got to the bathroom before Becky could stop her. When she got back to the bed, Becky gave her a hug and said, “Good morning lover.” Then she planted a long passionate kiss on her lips.

“Good morning back at you.” Chrissy replied, returning the kiss ten fold.

“You seem happy today, what gives?”

“I’m hoping to get the all clear from Prue, so I can get back to looking after everyone instead of the other way around.”

“I liked taking care of you, it made me feel useful.” Becky said with a pout.

“You always make me feel wanted Becky, does that count for anything?”

“Oh in that case I’m fine then.” She said with a big smile now instead of a pout.

Chrissy waited for Becky to use the bathroom then they headed downstairs for breakfast. Mandy was down there already, so Chrissy was banished to the bench as the other two sorted the food. Once they had eaten and the pots were washed, they all got ready to leave.

“Mandy, can you drop me off at Mable’s on your way to the doctor’s?” Becky asked.

“I could, but I was hoping you’d want to come for some lunch after we’ve done at the doctor’s.” Mandy said.

“I’d love to Mandy, but I don’t want you to think I’m putting you out.”

“Becky, I can see how much you love Chrissy, and I love having you around. The more women that Chrissy is around, the more help she gets being one. Now do you still want to be dropped off at Mable’s?”

“Nope, I’ll come with you then. Thanks Mandy.” She gave her a hug to seal the deal.

Chrissy was like a little kid on the way to the doctor’s, which made Mandy and Becky laugh as she said, “Are we there yet?” Once they got there Mandy said Hi to her mum and then waited out in the reception area with Kim while Prue gave Chrissy the once over. When Prue was finished, she could see Chrissy was eager to find out if she well enough to get back to work.

“Chrissy, I’m afraid I have some bad news for you.” She had a real serious look on her face.

“What is it Prue, is there a problem with how I’ve healed?”

“No, it’s worse than that honey.”

“What is it Prue, please tell me,” She was getting worried now.

Prue smiled then said, “You have no reason to be off work any more.”

“Prue!! You big tease, how could you worry me like that.”

“I’m sorry Hon. I didn’t mean to worry you so much. But please take it easy still and no corsets for the next couple of weeks. You will have a scar, but it will fade a little in time.”

“Thanks Prue, I’m so happy to be able to work again. I’ve been going mad not being able to do stuff for myself.”

“Chrissy, there is nothing wrong with letting others do stuff for you. They do it out of love now, not to make fun of you.”

“I’m just scared they will think less of me because I need their help.”

“With your past, I can see why you would think that, but you have to learn to live again.”

“I think I need to learn to live.”

“Well you have some good teachers in Mandy and Becky.”

“I couldn’t ask for a better group of friends. You have all been so kind to me, I wish I could repay you all some how.”

“Just become the woman we all know you can and we will all be happy. Now go and have some fun, and that’s your doctor’s orders.”

“Well who am I to argue with the doctor.” Chrissy said with a smile on her face.

Chrissy went out to where Mandy and Becky were sat talking with Kim and said, “I’m all better, and I can go back to work.” They all got up and gave her a hug.

“Come on Chrissy, we have things to do.” Mandy said.

“Are we all going for lunch?”

“Nope, we have something special planed for you today.” Becky added.

Chrissy asked what, but just got big grins from them all as they led her out the surgery and back to the car. Mandy drove them to a car park behind a row of shops and they made their way around to the front and then headed for a salon. Once inside Mandy walked up to the counter and spoke to a woman. “Hi Pam, how’s the little one.”

“Hi Mandy. She is fine, getting a real hand full now. Did I tell you she’s walking now?”

“No you didn’t. I’ll have to try and get around and see you all again soon.”

“You know your always welcome Mandy. Now what can I do for you today?”

“I need the works for my Sis here.” Mandy waved her hand towards Chrissy.

“I didn’t know you had a younger sister Mandy.”

“It’s a long story, but she is like a sister to me. I need you to give her the royal treatment.”

“You mean everything?”

“Yep, everything.”

“You got it Hon.” Pam had walked up to Chrissy and took her hand, She could feel Chrissy shaking. Don’t panic dear, I’m not going to hurt you.

“Sorry.” Chrissy said in a shy voice. She looked at Mandy for help, but she just smiled and said, “Trust her Chrissy, she won’t hurt you.”

Pam let her to a chair and asked her to sit and talk with her for a bit, so she could work out what she was looking for. Chrissy had very little idea and kept looking over towards Mandy and Becky. So in the end Pam asked them to join in and help sort out the look that Chrissy was after.

Pam got some good ideas from the other girls and even found some things that Chrissy liked. She told the others to go and do some shopping as she would be working on Chrissy for several hours.

Mandy and Becky left to get some odds an ends and left Chrissy to get her makeover.

Pam was really friendly and soon Chrissy was chatting away as if they had known each other for years. Chrissy did panic when Pam said, “How long you been dressing Chrissy?”

“What, what do you mean Pam?”

“Oh please don’t panic Chrissy, I didn’t read you right away. It was when you couldn’t let me know what hair or makeup style you liked. A real girl would have been trained from an early age to have some idea of what she was looking for.”

“I’ve been in transition for the past five months now.”

“Wow you look really good.”

Chrissy went on to tell her about the medical problem, or blessing as Chrissy saw it. They were all happy again to just chat about anything and everything. By the time Mandy and Becky got back they walked right past Chrissy. She now had rich, bright blonde hair instead of the dirty blond. And she had a fantastic set of nails and her makeup was flawless. Pam had shown her how to do it and she had a large makeup bag with all the items that Pam had used in it.

Chrissy found it funny when she sat looking at Mandy and Becky as they walked past, then both seem to stop and turn at the same time and say, “Chrissy is that you?” Chrissy just smiled and then gave a nod.

“You look amazing.” Mandy said.

Becky walked up to Chrissy and got close then said, “I want you now Lover.”

“I’m glad you both like the way I look. I think Pam did a fantastic job on me.”

She did that Sis.”

Pam walked back to the front of the shop and got a hug from Mandy for doing such a fantastic job.

“What do I owe you Pam?”

“It’s on the house Hon.”

“I can’t let you do that Pam. You spent hours working your magic.”

“Mandy, it’s my shop and I can do as I want and it was really nice to work on Chrissy. I wanted to give her a little welcome to womanhood gift. She has a makeup case with everything I used in it, and I showed her how to get the same look on her own.”

Chrissy had heard them talking and came over to try and protest, but ended up hugging Pam and thanking her for her help.

“You’re welcome here any time, and if you ever get sick of working for Mandy at her shop, come and see me.”

“Hey! Stop trying to steal my staff!”

They all started to laugh then, Mandy and Chrissy thanked Pam again and then they were off once more. Becky kept looking at Chrissy, how could this creature be the same thin little thing that came to stop at Mable’s all those mouths ago. Becky was a little worried now about how good Chrissy did look. She knew that Chrissy was out of her league. Chrissy could get any man or woman she wanted.

When they got back to Mandy’s, Chrissy could tell that something was bothering Becky, but she wouldn’t speak about it. Chrissy thought she had done something to upset Becky.

Becky said she needed to get back to Mable’s and made her exit. Chrissy tried to give her a hug and a kiss, but all she got was a peck on the cheek and a light hug, then she was gone.

Even Mandy felt that there was something wrong with Becky when she left.

Did you and Becky have words while you were shopping?” Chrissy asked.

“No, she was really happy till we got back to the salon.”

“Do you think she hates the way I look? Maybe she thought I was going to be a boy again one day.”

“I don’t think so Chrissy. She seemed to like you as a girl. I’ll try and give her a call later, if she doesn’t call here first.”

Mandy tried calling Becky a number of times, but never got an answer. So she tried calling Mable, but Mable said she was out.

The next day Chrissy was glad to be back at work, and so was Mandy. They worked well as a team and the jobs got done like clockwork. It was now only one week before Christmas and Chrissy still had to buy gifts for everyone. So on the Sunday she left on the bus to go into town, Mandy offered to drive her there, but Chrissy wanted to get her something nice and need the time to look on her own.

It was nearly five when Chrissy got home. She got a taxi back from town as she had a lot of stuff. She asked Mandy if Becky had called.

“I’m sorry Hon, but she hasn’t. I’ve tried a couple of times, but she just doesn’t answer her phone.” Mandy could see how this was getting to Chrissy. She had come so far and this thing with Becky could set her back.

“Sis, will you drive me to Mable’s later, I need to find out what I did to upset Becky and see if I can fix it.”

“Sure, just let me grab my car keys and I will take you.” She got her keys and they drove to Mable’s.

Chrissy knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. David came to the door. “Hello Chrissy, how you feeling now?”

“Hi David. I’m doing fine, I’m up and about now and back at work.”

“I’m pleased to hear that. Please come and take a seat in the dinning room.”

“Is Becky home? I’d like a word with her.”

“She’s in her room, I don’t know what happened between you two, but she isn’t eating much and she won’t talk to any one about it.”

“Can I go up and see her David?”

“Sure you can Chrissy, you don’t need to ask.”

Chrissy said thanks to David and made her way up to Becky’s bedroom. She knocked on the door and waited for Becky to answer. When she opened the door Chrissy could see that she was the last person she expected to see.

“Chrissy, what are you doing here?”

“Well as you won’t answer your phone, and you keep telling everyone to say you’re out. I had to come and see you. So can you tell me what I have done to make you hate me?” Chrissy had an serious tone in her voice when she spoke.

“I don’t hate you Chrissy. I love you, but you look so good now that I know I don’t stand a chance any more with you.” Becky burst into tears as she said this. Chrissy could tell she had been holding it back for some time now.

“Becky, whatever made you think I wouldn’t want to be with you anymore?”

“You just look so good now, and I look so plain. Why would you want to be seen with me now?”

“Becky you’re anything but plain. The first time I ever saw you, I felt like I was going to drown in those eyes of yours.”

Becky was looking down, to afraid to look Chrissy in the eyes. She found herself looking at Chrissy’s perfectly manicured nails. She watched her lift one to her face and then lift her head, so she was looking Chrissy in the eyes. Becky could see tears welling up in Chrissy’s eyes. She went to say something, but Chrissy leaned in and gave her a kiss like she’d never had before. Becky’s knees started to give way, but Chrissy had her in a tight embrace. It seemed like forever before Chrissy let her go, but by the time they did part, all the doubt that Becky had was gone. Becky licked her lips and could taste the remains of Chrissy’s lipstick on her lips, it tasted of Strawberries.

“Wow Chrissy. Where did that kiss come from?”

“My heart Becky. I love you more than I could ever say in words, so I put it all into that kiss. If you don’t want me as your girlfriend, then can we at least be friends still?”

“Chrissy there is no way we can ever be friends, not while you look like that.” Chrissy felt like her world was falling down around her as Becky uttered those words. She loved Becky, but she couldn’t stay a male to keep her happy, it would kill her inside. She found herself doing something she never thought she would do again with how she felt about Becky.

She turned to walk away with her head down and said, “I do love you Becky, but I can’t stay a male just to make you happy. It would kill me inside.” She’d started to walk away as the tears started to run down her face. She had only taken a couple of steps when she felt Becky’s hand on her shoulder.

“Chrissy. You didn’t give me time to finish what I was saying. I was about to add that I would love to have you as a girlfriend you silly thing.” She lifted Chrissy’s head, very much as Chrissy had done to her not long ago. She could see the tears running down her face, so she wiped them up with the tissue she had in her hand. Then she planted a kiss on her lips.

“You better come into my room Chrissy and fix your makeup.”

“Thanks Becky.”

Chrissy and Becky chatted while fixing her makeup. Then they went down to rescue Mandy from the others. When they got downstairs they were both smiling and the others saw this as a good sign.

“I take it you two love birds have everything sorted out?” Mable said.

Chrissy and Becky looked at Mandy, who was sat with Cathleen on her knee looking at a book. “Hey, don’t look at me. I never said a word.” Mandy said in her own defence.

“It’s not hard to work out dears. Becky has never talked about dating a guy all the time she’s been here. And the way she started to act when you came to live here Chrissy, well I knew that something had sparked.” Mable said smiling.

Chrissy took a hold of Becky’s hand and said, “Well, there’s no point trying to hide it any more.”

“Guess not. Not that we were hiding it very well by the sounds of it.”

“Would you and Mandy like to stay for dinner?” Mable asked.

“Only if it’s not too much trouble Mable.” Mandy said in reply.

“No trouble at all dear. Speaking of which, I better go and check on the joint.” She got up and left to see how everything was doing. She was just putting the joint in the oven again when she heard a voice behind her say, “Can I help you with anything Mable?”

Mable turned to see Chrissy stood there. “Dear Chrissy, you’re a guest now you don’t need to help.”

“I know I don’t need to help Mable, but I want to help. Now what needs doing?”

Mable ran down a list of things that still needed to be done and Chrissy got stuck in. Becky came in, so Chrissy put her to work helping her. She even showed Becky how to mash the spuds, so they didn’t need to put up with the lumpy ones Mable did.

“You do realise Chrissy that I will be mashing the spuds all the time now, if they ever find out you showed me how.”

“Yep, and I plan to tell them as soon as we sit down to eat.”

“You wouldn’t do that to you lover would you?” Becky said with a pout.

Chrissy kissed her then grinned, “Yes I would.” Then kissed her again and walked off to get the joint and took it into the other room.

With all the food on the table, they called everyone to the room and David carved the joint as they all handed their plates to him. Once they all had meat they got stuck in. They asked if Chrissy had done the mash, to which she said no, so they all looked a little down till she said, “But I did show Becky how to do them.”

“Chrissy, I didn’t think you would really tell them. Now I will have to mash the potatoes all the time now.”

“I’m sure you can use it as a pot washing card.”

“I’ll wash the pots all the time Becky if you’ll keep doing the mash like this. Sorry mum, but it’s really good.”

“No need to apologise dear, I really like them too.” Mable said.

Mandy was looking a little puzzled as to why they were all going mad over some mashed potato’s till she tried them. “This is the best mash I’ve ever had.”

“See Becky, I told you I could teach you how to cook.”

“I don’t think mashing some spuds is really cooking, do you?”

“You made those meals at Mandy’s, and they came out really good.”

“Yes but you were there to help Chrissy.”

“I know, but I bet you could do them again now and not need me to help.”

Becky wanted to say something, but she couldn’t, as she knew Chrissy was right. The others could see it as well, then David said, “This is a moment to savour people. Becky’s speechless.” They all laughed, even Becky.

Mable had made some apple pies for dessert and Mandy loved it. “I’m really not used to eating this well. It’s one of the downsides to living alone and running your own business.”

“You should always make time for a good meal each day Mandy.” Mable said.

“Chrissy has been making sure I eat right. She is a really good cook.”

Chrissy was blushing as the two talked about her and the others joined in. But it was nice to have a family who cared about her.

They stopped till just after nine then left to go home. They had a cup of tea and chatted about work and how Becky seemed a lot happier by the time they left.

The next couple of days were a blur with getting gear out to customers and the shop was busy with men wanting that special gift for a loved one, and the odd one wanting something for themselves.

They had been so busy working that they had done nothing about getting food for Christmas dinner. Both Mandy and Chrissy were just too worn out to bother. They were both sat watching telly when the doorbell rang on the night before Christmas Eve. Chrissy got up and went to see who it was.

“Hi Becky, I didn’t think I would be seeing you tonight. Is anything wrong?”

“Not really, I was just missing you and wanted some hugs. I hate this time of year, work is just so busy.”

“Tell me about it. We’ve been that busy that we’re not even going to bother with Christmas dinner as we don’t have the time to go do the shopping.”

“You can’t do that Chrissy, you have to pig out on that day, it’s a tradition.”

“I know, but we haven’t done any food shopping and it will be mad tomorrow, and we will be stuck in the shop till late. I’m sure we will find something to eat that will do.” They had been walking into the living room as they chatted.

“Hi Mandy, you look worse than Chrissy does. You two really need to start looking after yourselves better.”

“Hi Becky. It’s just that time of year Hon, things will get back to normal after Christmas.”

Becky took the seat next to Chrissy on the sofa and they sat and cuddled on it watching some comedy program on TV. Becky stayed the night in Chrissy’s room and then borrowed some of her clothes the next morning to go to work in. Mandy dropped her off and then they headed for the shop.

They were so busy that they never had time to stop for lunch, so by early afternoon they were starting to flag when the door chime went off. Chrissy went out to see who it was. She was a little shocked to see David and Mable standing there.

“Hello Mable, David. Is there anything wrong?”

“Yes there is dear.” Mable said in a stern voice.

“What is it Mable, Is Becky alright?”

“Becky is fine, or she was when she spoke to me a couple of hours ago. The problem is you and Mandy.”

Chrissy had a puzzled look on her face, then said, “What do you mean, me and Mandy?”

“Becky told me about you two not having any plans to have a proper Christmas dinner tomorrow. Well I am here to fix that right now!” Mandy had heard a raised voice and came out thinking Chrissy was having trouble with a customer.

“Hello Mable, what brings you here?”

“I’ve come to hand out some orders Mandy. I want you and Chrissy to be around at my home by eight tonight, and bring an overnight bag as you’re going to be stopping the night and then spending the day tomorrow with us.”

“Yes Mable, but we don’t want to put you out.”

“The only way you would be putting me out, is if you don’t come, and David and I have to come and fetch you. I won’t have you sitting at home with no Christmas dinner.”

“Thank you Mable and I’m sorry you had to come all the way down here to sort us out.” Both Chrissy and Mandy felt like naughty schoolgirls, while Mable was telling them off.

Mable’s face softened and she smiled, then said, “Don’t be too hard on Becky, she was worried about you both. What does your mum do on Christmas day Mandy?

“We would normally go visit Gran, but she is away for Christmas this year, so I don’t really know what she has planed for this year. I’ve been that busy with work and Chrissy getting better that I never even gave it a thought.”

“Why don’t you give her a call and see if she wants to join us? I have lots of room.”

“Ok, I’ll go and give her a call now.” Mandy went to use the phone while Chrissy chatted with Mable and David. David didn’t know where to look as everywhere he did look were wall to wall female undergarments.

“See anything you like David? I’m sure I can find it in your size.”

“What? Oh no thank you, I am fine being a male thank you.” He was red in the face as he said it.

“How do you know if you’ve never tried it?” Chrissy said as she slid her hand down her side to let it rest on her hip.

“Stop teasing the poor boy Chrissy.” Mable said as she started to giggle.

“Ok. Sorry David, I was just playing with you.”

“That’s ok Chrissy, I knew you were. You’re looking really good by the way.”

“Thanks David, I’m really beginning to feel better. I don’t have any more pain and the scar isn’t too large.”

Mandy came back holding the cordless phone and said, “My mum was going to have Kim around, she works with my mum, but she said thanks for the offer anyway.”

“Tell her to bring Kim as well. The more the merrier.” They all laughed at Mable’s little pun. Mandy told her mum that Kim could come as well and that they were to pack for an over night stay at Mable’s. Mandy said she would come and pick them up to save on parking outside the house, but her mum said she would drive to Mandy’s and then we could all go to Mable’s in the one car.

Mandy came off the phone and thanked Mable for what she was doing.

“It’s my pleasure dear. I like having a house full at Christmas. We’d better see about making a move David, or we will never have everything done by tonight. Oh Chrissy, will you be ok sharing a room with Becky tonight? It will save me having to make up too many rooms for just one night.”

“That would be fine with me Mable, but you may want to ask Becky first.”

“I already have dear. She said yes before I got the sentence out.” Mable chuckled as she said it.

Both girls gave Mable and David a hug and they were of out the door.

“Looks like we won’t be hunting for something to eat tomorrow after all.” Mandy said.

“Doesn’t look that way, are you ok with all this Mandy?”

“I’m looking forward to it, but I need to get some gifts for everyone. What about you Sis?”

“I’ve already got them something, but I can cover for you while you pop out and see what you can find. We haven’t been that busy today.”

“You’re an angel Chrissy. I wonder how I got from day to day before you came into my life.”

“I do what I can Sis. I do what I can.” Mandy gave her a hug and then grabbed her coat and purse and left the shop in the hands of Chrissy.

Chrissy had a couple of customers in while Mandy was out, but for the most part she just restocked the hangers and had a clean up. It was getting late when Mandy got back so she helped Chrissy finish up before closing the shop up. They left to go home to get ready to head out to Mables.

They headed straight home as there was no point trying to post stuff out, as it wouldn’t get to the customer till after Christmas. Once they got home Chrissy helped Mandy unload the boot of her car.

“How much stuff did you buy Mandy?”

“I got carried away, and there are a lot of little things for Cathleen.”

“Anything for me in here Sis?” Chrissy was pretending to look in the bags.

“Nope, I’ve already got all your gifts sorted.”

“If you say so.”

“I do say so, now get a move on, or Mum and Kim will be here and we will still be unloading the car.”

“Hey! You’re the one that wanted to buy the whole town, not me.” Mandy just had a silly grin on her face.

They got all the stuff in the house and thankfully Mandy had managed to get the shops to wrap all the gifts for her. She started filling out labels for them to stick on the packages. They then packed some overnight bags and were ready when Prue and Kim got there. Mandy went out so they could put the bags straight into her car with their bags.

“Will it take long to get to Mable’s?” Prue asked.

“It’s only a five minute drive, but with all the bags I thought it easier to drive.” Mandy said back.

They all got into the car and Mandy headed off for Mable’s. David had left room on the drive for Mandy to park her car. He was looking for them coming and came out to help with the bags when they got there.

“Hi Chrissy, Hi Mandy. I bet you’re ready for a couple of days rest by now?”

“Hi David, are we ever. I’d like you to meet Kim, and this is my Mum, Prue.” She pointed at Kim then her mum.

“Pleased to meet you Prue. You have a very nice daughter, we can’t begin to thank her enough for all she has done for Chrissy.”

“She is a real diamond, but I like to think of Chrissy as a daughter as well nowadays.”

“She would make anyone proud to be called her parent, wouldn’t she?”

“She does that.”

“Hello Kim, I’m glad you were able to come and stop on such short notice.”

“I’m glad you wanted me to come. I was all set to have a microwave dinner and just spend the night watching the telly.”

“Does your boyfriend have to work over Christmas?”

“I don’t have a boyfriend. I think being as tall as I am kind of puts them off wanting to date me.”

“Well that is their loss then isn’t it? I for one would be proud to have you on my arm.” Kim blushed, and David smiled.

“Thank you David, I may have to take you up on that offer one of these days.”

“I would be honoured to escort you any place you would like to go. Now let me show you to your rooms, then I will come back for your bags.” They all followed David, Chrissy knew where she was going, but she wanted to watch David charm Kim some more. Mandy and Chrissy hung back so they could talk without David or Kim hearing.

“I think David has the hots for Kim.” Mandy said.

“I saw that, do you think Kim is interested?”

“Yes she is, I’ve never seen her act so giddy before.”

“He is a great guy, really kind and would do anything for anyone.”

“We’ll have to see what we can do to help things move along.” They both smiled as they watched David show Prue her room, then he showed Mandy to Chrissy’s old room and pointed to Becky’s room for Chrissy, then he led Kim to the room next to Becky’s and said this was her room.

Chrissy knocked on Becky’s door and got a “Just a minute!” So she waited while Mandy went into her room. While she was stood waiting, Kim came down to her and asked what she knew about David, so she said what she had said to Mandy. Which made Kim smile and she walked back to her room to wait for David to come back with the bags.

Finally, Becky opened the door and was a little shocked to see Chrissy standing there. “Hello Chrissy, what you doing here?”

“Mable said I was sharing a room with you, if I got it wrong I can ask Mandy if I can share with her?”

“Oh sorry Chrissy, I didn’t mean it like that, I am still wrapping my gifts. I didn’t think you were coming till eight?”

“Becky, its quarter past eight now.”

“It is? I must have lost track of the time. I’m really sorry, can you hang out in Mandy’s room till I get finished?”

“Sure I can, I was a little worried you didn’t want me to spend the night with you.”

“Why would I do a silly thing like not let you sleep with me.” She stepped out the room and gave her a hug and a long passionate kiss.

“Stop that you two, or at least get some mistletoe.” It was David with Kim and Prue’s bags.

“I’m sure you have some handy David.” Becky said with a smile.

“I have some downstairs ready for later. Do you think I was going to pass up on getting kissed by a house full of women?”

“Not for one minute David.” They all laughed and then Chrissy went to see how Mandy was doing.

“How do you like the room Mandy?”

“It’s nice, not as nice as mine, but I can cope for one night.”

“The bed is nice, and if you don’t want to be alone, you can always come and share a bed with me and Becky.”

“Thanks Sis. I may take you up on that, I don’t like sleeping alone in strange beds.”

“Oh really, so how often do you sleep in strange beds with other people then?” Chrissy was grinning as she said it.”

“Mandy put her hand on her hips and said, “You know very well what I mean Sis.”

“I know, and I feel the same way. That is why I said you could share with us if you like.”

“As long as it’s ok with Becky.”

“I’m sure it will be, but I will tell her later. She is busy wrapping gifts at the minute, so she sent me away.”

There was a knock at the door. Mandy opened the door to find David there with her case. “Here you go Mandy. There will be drinks and snacks ready at nine if you want to make you’re way down to the dinning room.”

“Thanks David, I’ll see you down there later.”

“You’re welcome Mandy. Oh I put all the gifts under the tree, was that ok?”

“Oh yes that is fine thanks. See you later, bye.”

David disappeared downstairs and Mandy walked back to the bed and sat next to Chrissy. Chrissy put her arms around Mandy and rested her head on her shoulder.

“Thanks Mandy.”

“Thanks for what Chrissy?”

“For helping me become the girl I really feel I am inside.”

“You’re welcome Hon. I like having a little sister, so we both made on the deal.” They were brought out their hug when there was another knock on the door. Chrissy got up this time and when she opened the door, she found Becky standing there. She stepped in and gave her lover a long kiss and then said, “I’ve missed you Chrissy. Hi Mandy, I’m sorry about telling Mable what you had planned for tomorrow, but I really thought you both needed to have a proper Christmas dinner. I hope you can forgive me?”

Mandy looked at Chrissy and they both had the same thought. So they grabbed Becky and got her on the bed and started to tickle her, they didn’t stop till she was having trouble breathing.

“That was not fair, two on to one. Does that mean I’m forgiven then?” Both girls hugged her and said she was. It was getting close to nine, so they made their way downstairs, after grabbing Kim and Prue.

When they entered the dining room, Jenna and Cathleen were sat at the table as Cathleen was eating some potato crisps and drinking from her sippy. Mable was putting some small sandwiches on the table and David was sorting out some glasses of wine for everyone.

“Mum, Kim I would like to meet Jenna and this little princess is Cathleen.” Mandy said as she led them over to where Jenna was sitting.

“Jenna, I would like you to meet my Mum, Prue, and this is Kim.”

“Pleased to meet you Jenna, and hello Cathleen.” Prue greeted them.

“It’s nice to meet you too Prue. You have a lovely daughter, you should be very proud of her.”

“I am very proud of her, just as I know you are proud of your own daughter.” Jenna smiled as she looked at Cathleen doing battle with a sausage roll.

“Hello Kim, it’s nice to meet you too.” Jenna said as she looked at the tall woman with the face of an angel.

“Hello Jenna, it’s nice to meet you also. You have a very pretty daughter.”

“Thank you Kim, but give her a couple of hours and you may change your mind.”

“I doubt that Jenna, I love kids.” Kim took the seat next to Cathleen, so Cathleen offered her a bite of her sausage roll and Kim took it. This made Cathleen smile and Kim had a new friend. Mable came back in so Mandy made the introductions and Prue asked if she could help with anything.

“I’ve about finished now dear, but please feel free to follow me if you wish to talk while I finish up.”

“I would like that a lot Mable.” Prue followed her into the kitchen where they could talk more freely.

“Mable, I would like to thank you for what you’re doing. Since my husband died and Mandy lost her Husband, we’ve never really felt like doing anything at Christmas, but now Chrissy has come into our life’s it’s like something has changed.”

“I know what you mean Prue, she is a special child that infects all around her.”

“She has done wonders with Mandy, before Chrissy showed up Mandy was all work.work.work. But now she is living life again, and we are here with you and your family about to celebrate Christmas.”

Chrissy walked into the kitchen to see if she could help, but felt a little uneasy when Mable and Prue stopped talking. They both starred at Chrissy.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to interrupt.” She turned to leave again, wondering what they were talking about. Prue tried to call her back, but she was already gone.

“I better go and make sure she is ok. She has a very vulnerable side. I would hate to have her think we were talking badly of her.”

“I know what you mean Prue. She did look a little worried when she left the room.”

Chrissy had gone through the dinning room and headed off upstairs to find some quiet place to sit alone. Mandy had asked if she was ok as she went past, but Chrissy lied. saying she just needed the bathroom.

“Mum, is Chrissy alright?”

“Yes dear, she just got the wrong idea when Mable and I stopped talking when she came in. I’ll go and see if she is ok.”

Prue found Chrissy lying on her old bed, now Mandy’s bed for the night. So Prue sat on the edge and said, “Chrissy, are you ok?”

“I don’t know Prue. Have I done something wrong? You and Mable stopped talking when I came in. Have I done something to upset you all?”

“You could never do anything to upset us Hon. We were saying what a difference you’ve made to our lives, but in a good way. You’ve touched all our lives and we love you for that.” Chrissy turned over to face Prue and sat up, before saying, “I’m sorry Prue, I don’t know what’s wrong with me nowadays. All I seem to do is worry and then want to cry.”

“It’s normal for a girl like you dear. You have all those new hormones in your body changing it, so you’re going to have mood swings. I did warn you about it.”

“I know you did, but I forgot.”

“Now fix your makeup and get your cute butt back down to the party.” As Chrissy got off the bed, Prue playfully slapped her butt.

“Ouch! That hurt.”

“Good, remember that the next time you try to run off and hide. You’re too pretty to be hiding.”

“Yes Mum, Sorry Mum.” She said as she went to touch up her makeup.

Prue waited for her to finish and then they walked back down to the party together.

Becky and Mandy came over to Chrissy to make sure she was fine. Prue explained about the hormones throwing her mood all over the place and to just give her some time to adjust. They all went and sat at the table and were handed a glass of wine each and they picked at the food on the table. Cathleen was having fun feeding Kim, and Kim was having fun letting her.

It wasn’t long before Cathleen wanted to feed someone else, which made Kim happy, as she was full. Chrissy was the next target for Cathleen to feed. She jumped up on her knee and was sat facing her when she said, “Hello Chrissy, are you OK’s?”

“Yes Cathleen, I’m fine now.”

“Better now you’re not pretending to be an icky boy? You’re a pretty princess again now Chrissy.” Chrissy had a tear in her eye when Cathleen told this to her.

“Thank you Cathleen, I like being a princess.” She gave the little angel a hug to say thank you as well.

Becky and Mandy had a tear in their eyes as well. They found it very touching what Cathleen said, and how it was needed at just that moment to make Chrissy feel better about herself.

Cathleen worked her way around the room feeding everyone and David kept topping up everyone’s wineglass. As the night wore on, Cathleen was getting more and more tired, she ended up back on Chrissy’s knee and fell asleep there still hugging her.

“I think I better take her to bed.” Jenna said.

“I’ll carry her up for you Jenna.” Chrissy added.

“Are you sure Chrissy, you have had a lot of wine?”

“I feel fine Jenna, trust me.”

“Ok, but take it easy. I don’t want to see either of you getting hurt.”

Chrissy got up and was making her way to the door when she leaned back a little too far and nearly fell over. But she was caught and picked up off her feet, she looked up expecting to find David, but got a shock when she found herself looking at Kim.

“I can’t have my princess’s hurting themselves can I?”

Jenna led the way to her room, so they could put Cathleen to bed. Then she took Chrissy to Becky’s room and dropped her off there. “I’m not ready to go to bed yet.” Chrissy said with a pout.

“I think you are young lady. I’ll send Becky up to help you undress.” Kim said in a voice that sort of said don’t even think about moving. Jenna came in as Kim left to go and find Becky.

“Are you going to be alright Chrissy?”

“Yes, I guess I have drunk more than I thought. I’m sorry Jenna, I never would have let any harm come to Cathleen. Please forgive me?”

“I know you wouldn’t have let her get hurt, but I was worried for you as well. If Kim hadn’t been there, you would have bumped your head really bad.”

“She is strong isn’t she? I saw her as an Amazon princess when I first saw her.”

“I can see what you mean Chrissy.” Jenna said laughing.

Becky and Mandy came in, so Jenna said good night and left to go get ready for bed herself. Chrissy was in a silly mood and it took both Becky and Mandy to get her ready for bed. Once they had her in bed Mandy left to go get ready herself and Becky got ready in the bathroom. When she got back Chrissy was starting to nod off, so Becky was careful not to wake her up, but she was out of luck as Chrissy opened her eyes and pulled her into a tight hug.

“I love you Becky.”

“I love you do Chrissy. Now get some sleep, or Santa won’t come.”

“Do you think I’ve been a good girl Becky?”

“Chrissy, you’re like an angel. You have brought so many people together under one roof that you should be very proud of.”

“Thanks Becky, but I don’t see as I did anything really. When is Mandy going to come in?”

“I’m not sure I know what you mean Chrissy?”

“Mandy was scared of being in a strange bed on her own, so I said I would have a word with you, about letting her sleep in here with us. But I never got the time to ask, Can she sleep with us?”

“I would like that a lot Chrissy, it’ll be like a slumber party. I’ll go and fetch her now.” Becky hopped out of bed and went across the hall and knocked on the door. Mandy opened it a bit and asked what was wrong. “Hi Mandy, Chrissy just told me that she said you could sleep in my bed tonight.”

“Yes she did, but she never got time to ask if it was ok, so I was just going to try and sleep in here.”

“Don’t be silly, I’d love to share a bed with you.”

“Really? I don’t want to stop you and Chrissy having any fun.” Mandy had a smile on her face as she said this.

“Nonsense. Now get you butt over to my room now.”

“Yes Maam!” Mandy said doing a salute.

Chrissy spent the night sandwiched between the two girls and they all slept soundly. Chrissy was the first to wake in the morning feeling the need to empty her bladder, which hadn’t been emptied the night before. So she slid down the bed and into the bathroom. She took a quick shower and walked back to the bedroom and saw the other two still sleeping. She suddenly had an evil idea and went back into the bathroom.

Mandy and Becky were still asleep when she came back to the bed and she crawled up the middle of the bed again and lay there in the middle on her back. All of a sudden there were screams form either side of her and they two girls jumped out of bed.

“What the hell was that?” Becky squealed.

“Yes what the hell was that?” Mandy added.

Chrissy was laughing so hard she couldn’t speak, but Becky and Mandy soon worked out that she had put her freezing cold hands on their backsides.

“You little witch!” Mandy said, and then both girls jumped on the bed and started to tickle Chrissy. Pretty soon they were all lying on the bed laughing. Once they could all speak again Mandy asked, “How did you get your hands so cold?”

“I ran them under the cold tap for a bit.” She said laughing again.

“We owe you for that little stunt Missy.” Becky said.

Becky slapped Chrissy on the bum and then left to use the bathroom, and Mandy went across the hall to use the bathroom in there. Chrissy was dressed by the time Mandy came back, and was helping Becky.

“You two ready to face the world?” Mandy asked.

Both girls said yes and they made their way downstairs. Jenna was sat at the table looking worn out with Cathleen sat next to her eating some breakfast. Mable was sitting with a cup of tea talking to Prue. Kim came out the kitchen laughing with David about something.

“Merry Christmas,” the girls said, and got a Merry Christmas back from everyone. Once they were all sat at the table, Mable asked what they wanted for breakfast. All three girls said toast and a cup of tea would be great. Mable was about to get up, but Chrissy said she would sort it, but David was already up and said he would do it.

Cathleen was looking at Jenna with a pleading look on her face. So Jenna said, “Oh go on then, you can start opening your presents now.”

Cathleen jumped down off her chair and was off up the other end of the dinning room where the tree was and went straight for the large pile of presents she knew to be hers.

“You didn’t need to make her wait for us to come down Jenna.”

“I didn’t really, I just wanted her to have some breakfast before she got started. It just seemed like a good excuse.”

“Oh I see, that’s ok then. I would hate to think we kept a child away from her toys on Christmas day.” Chrissy said.

“She has a lot of gifts to open. She could be there most the morning.” Mandy added.

“I want to thank you all for getting her something. I always feel bad at Christmas and her Birthday, as she never normally has much to open. But this year she has so much.” Jenna had a happy tear in her eye as she said it. Chrissy slid over to the seat next to her and gave her a hug. “It’s ok Jenna, we all love you and Cathleen so much that it wouldn’t be right not to treat her as we would do our own.”

“Thanks Chrissy, it feels like a real family Christmas this year.”

They all went to see how Cathleen was doing, but she was still opening the first present when they got to her. She loved the pretty bow on the silver paper and wanted to save them all.

“Cathleen dear, remember to look at each gift before you open it. So you can thank the person for giving it to you.”

“I thought Santa gave them all to me Mummy.”

“Santa does honey, but other people buy the present and then they give it to Santa to pass on to you.” Jenna rolled her eyes at the explanation she had to give to the little one.

Cathleen finally got in through the wrapping and found a square pink box which when she opened, made her eyes light up. She ran to her Mummy. “Look Mummy, it’s a Hello Kitty watch! It’s so pretty.”

“Who got it for you Honey?” Jenna asked. Cathleen ran back and got the wrapping and gave it to her mummy to read.

“The label said that Mandy gave it to you.” Cathleen ran to Mandy and gave her a big hug.

“Thank you Mandy. I love it very much. Can you help me put it on please?”

“I would love to Cathleen.” Mandy took the watch out the box and helped her get it on. Then she was off to the pile again to open the next one. She soon got bored with trying to save the wrapping paper. With each gift she opened the more she was eager to get to the next.

She soon found out that Mandy had bought her a whole pile of Hello Kitty stuff. She got her DVD’s, mugs, and clothing and lots more.

“Thank you Mandy, but you really didn’t need to spend so much money on her.” Jenna said.

“I was having so much fun Jenna that I would do it all again for her.” Mandy said back with a smile on her face.

Once they had watched Cathleen open all her gifts and she was sat playing with her toys, the others started to open their gifts. After Cathleen, Chrissy had the biggest pile of gifts to open.

Chrissy mainly got clothes from Mandy and Becky including a stunning little black dress from Becky and a to die for pair of boots and matching jacket from Mandy. She got a nail art kit from Kim and some jewellery, and she got some earrings from Prue along with another pair of boots and a matching jacket. Jenna had got her some nightgowns and some sexy underwear, which made her blush and Becky wolf whistle. Mable gave her a gift wrapped box that was on the large size. When Chrissy opened it she found a really nice makeup case and when she opened it, it was full of all the makeup she used. “How did you know what I used Mable?”

“I asked Becky what we could get you, and she said that you would love a proper makeup case. She also went with me to Pam’s salon, to get the right brands for you. I hope you like it dear?”

“Mable, I love it, but you shouldn’t have spent so much on me.”

“You’re worth every penny Chrissy.”

“Thank you everyone, I love everything you got me. I want to thank you all for taking me into your hearts and your lives’.” She had a tear in her eye by the end of her little speech.

Everyone else opened their presents and all thanked each other for the lovely gifts. Mandy and Becky got pretty much the same as Chrissy got. They were all shocked to see such expensive gifts from Chrissy, but she said they were all worth it.

Prue got Mable a really expensive bottle of brandy, which she said would be nice to have later while she watches the Queens speech. David wasn’t much use at shopping for gifts, so he gave everyone gift vouchers. He even gave Kim and Prue one each. He and Kim had hit it off really well, they even had a date planned to go see a movie. He did ask Chrissy, Becky and Mandy to go as well, but they could all see that this was really a first date so they backed out saying they were all busy washing their hair. David asked if they would all be using one bathroom, and if so then could he watch. All this got him was a mass attack of screwed up wrapping paper.

Everyone cleared the gifts away to their rooms and then got stuck in on sorting the Christmas dinner. The turkey was in and most the other stuff was all ready to be put in, or on to cook. So they set the table and then took turns playing with Cathleen while Jenna went up to her room for a nap, as Cathleen had woken her up early.

When the dinner was nearly ready, Chrissy went up to Jenna’s room to let her know. She knocked on the door and when a sleepy looking Jenna opened it she said, “Hi Jenna, dinner will be ready in twenty minutes. I just wanted to give you enough time to wake up and make your self look your normal stunning self.”

“You’re a breath of fresh air some days Chrissy. Thanks for waking me. Has Cathleen been behaving herself?”

“She’s been a real angel Jenna, and David and Kim are doing some colouring with her at the minute. I’ll see you downstairs shortly then.”

“Chrissy, would you stop and chat with me while I get ready?”

“Sure, is there anything wrong?”

“No, not at all Chrissy. It’s just we don’t really get much time to chat any more, and I miss it.”

“So do I Jenna and I miss spending time with Cathleen.”

“She misses you too. I heard what she said to you last night, she always saw you as a girl I think. They do say that children see with innocent eyes.”

“I’ve never heard that said before, but it does make a lot of sense when you think about it.”

Jenna kept getting herself ready as they chatted and when she was done she said, “Well, how do I look?”

“As good as always Jenna, and way too young to have a daughter.”

“Thank you Chrissy, you really now how to make a girl feel good.”

“Only telling it like it is Jenna.”

“Thanks Hon, it does make me feel good though.”

The smell of the dinner cooking was working its way up the stairs, which reminded the two girls just how hungry they were.

The table was full of dishes when they got downstairs and everyone was already sitting at the table. Chrissy had her old spot next to Cathleen and Becky was seated on the other side. Both girls had already worked out that Cathleen would want them sitting next to her, so they both wore clothes they didn’t mind getting covered in food.

David cut up the turkey and then everyone got stuck in; Chrissy helped Cathleen and kept the mess down to a minimum. The meal was great and Becky mashed the potatoes so they went down well with everyone. They left having pudding till a little later.

Mable had a glass of Brandy while she watched the Queens’s speech and Prue had a glass with her. Everyone else stuck with the wine, all except Cathleen who was on juice in her new Hello Kitty cup.

Everyone was having so much fun that it was getting late before they realised the time, so they decided to stop another night. Which made Mable happy, and David didn’t seem too upset either. He was huddled up with Kim on one of the sofa’s watching a movie, while Kim was asleep on his chest.

Chrissy carried Cathleen up to bed and then Jenna came back down for a short time before she too was tired and went to bed. Chrissy, Mandy, and Becky all went to bed at the same time. They talked Chrissy into showing off her new under garments. They had all got that used to having Chrissy around that they never even thought about her little secret, so was a little shocked when she didn’t want to undress in front of them. Then it hit them why, but they soon put her mind at ease and the fashion show carried on till they all crawled into bed too tired to do anymore.

It was Chrissy that got the shock the next morning as both Becky and Mandy put freezing cold hands on her back. But she saw the funny side of it and they all laughed.

Chrissy and Mandy packed up their stuff ready for when they left later that day. Then they all headed off down for breakfast. Mable was cooking bacon and egg’s and had already done sausage and mushrooms. “Do you need any help Mable?” Chrissy asked.

“You can start on the toast and finish off the fresh pot of tea dear, if you could.”

“I’d be happy to help. Mable, I would like to thank you for a great day yesterday. That was the best Christmas I’ve had in a long time.”

“It was my pleasure Chrissy, it was nice having a full house again for Christmas. Are you and the others heading back home today?”

“Yes, you will be rid of us later.”

“I didn’t mean it like that Chrissy, and you know it. You’re welcome to stop another night if you want?”

“I think Mandy wants to make sure the house is ok and I’m not sure about Prue and Kim. But I will ask them later.”

Chrissy made the toast and finished off the tea, then she took it all into the dinning room and went back to get the plates of food. Prue and Kim had come down and David was sat chatting with Kim. Chrissy was happy that they were getting on so well, if any one deserved happiness it was Kim and David.

Chrissy told the others that Mable had offered to let them all stay another night, and everyone said yes straight away, even Mandy. So they all settled down for another day of rest. Chrissy and Becky took over the kitchen at dinner time and made a salad. They had some cold cuts of meat to go with it, then Chrissy did a fruit salad for desert. The three girls all slept together again that night and in the morning no one got any cold hands on their backs.

Becky had to be up early, as she was back at work in the shop, as the sales were going to be starting the next day and she had to go and get it all set up. Mandy offered to give her a lift and Chrissy went along for the ride. They went back to pick up Prue and Kim, but Kim was going to get a lift off David, so it was just Prue in the end.

“I think love is in the air,” Prue said as Mandy drove the car back to her house, so her mum could get her car.

“They did seem to hit it off really well. Chrissy can vouch for David, so I don’t think you have anything to worry about Mum.”

“The last thing I need to do is worry about Kim, she can take care of herself.”

Chrissy was quiet on the trip home to Mandy’s. She gave Prue a hug and thanked her again for the gifts, and Prue did the same. They stood and waved as she drove away, then they went into the house.

“You ok Chrissy? You were really quiet on the drive home.”

“Yes I am, I was just thinking how much fun I had.”

“It was a lot of fun, wasn’t it? Do you want to get the stuff out the car now, or have a cup of tea then do it?”

“Tea, then do the car. I’ll go and put the kettle on.” Chrissy walked off to the kitchen and Mandy followed behind.

They seemed a little lost having the large house to themselves after being in a house full of other people. Chrissy made some dinner for them both and then they sat and watched some telly till bedtime. It took Chrissy some time to fall asleep being all alone but she was soon fast asleep.

She was awake early the next morning, so she decided to take a bubble bath. She started the water running and then slipped out of her nightgown. She walked up to the full length mirror and started checking out her body and how it was changing. Her hips were a lot fuller now, she didn’t need the padded girdle any more, and her own breasts were a full A-cup now. She wondered if they would get very big, or if she would need to get implants. She made a mental note to have a word with Prue about it the next time they spoke.

The bath was done when she got back in there, so she turned off the water and got in. It felt so good to relax and just let the water soak away any worries she had. She topped it up when it started to cool, then got out well after she started to prune. She dried herself off then picked out a bra and panty set and put them on after she had attached her breast forms then put her dressing gown on and headed off downstairs to see if Mandy was up.

Mandy was reading a magazine at the kitchen table when Chrissy got there. “Morning Chrissy, how did you sleep?”

“It took me a bit of time to get off, but I didn’t have any bad dreams, which is a plus. How did you sleep?”

“Felt a little odd being alone again, but being in my own bed was nice.”

“I know what you mean. I was glad to be able to just soak in the tub for as long as I want. I loved being at Mable’s and having everyone around, but I missed the soaks in the bath.”

“I know, I took a long soak myself today. It felt really good.”

“You had any breakfast yet Sis?”

“No, I just made a pot of tea. I wanted to wait for you to come down, so we could eat together.”

“Got any idea what you might fancy eating? I quite fancy scrambled egg on toast. How about you?”

“That sounds really good, count me in too Sis.”

Chrissy got the ingredients out and made enough for the two of them and put the toast in.

Once breakfast was out the way, Chrissy said they could do with getting some food shopping done, so they got ready and headed off. All the food places were packed out, so they gave up and headed off into town to see what was in the sales.

Town was really busy, but it was nice to just walk around window shopping with Mandy. They found themselves outside Becky’s shop, so they went in. Becky was looking worn out and a little off colour. Chrissy walked up to her and said, “Hi Becky, you look worn out. Are you feeling ok?”

“Not really, I think I’m getting a cold. My head feels like it’s about to split in too, and I can’t stop sneezing.” Chrissy put the back of her hand to Becky’s head and felt she was burning up.

“Go and get your things Becky, we’re taking you home.” Mandy said in a firm voice.

“I can’t Mandy, they will be short staffed. I can’t do that to them.”

“Who’s in charge? Point them out to me.” Becky pointed to an older looking woman, so Mandy walked over to her and started talking to her, she pointed over to Becky a number of times then they both came back over together. The woman took a close look at Becky and then felt her forehead. Then she spoke, “Becky dear, why didn’t you come and say something? Go and get your things and let your friends here take you home.”

“But Mrs Winship, that will leave you short staffed.”

“Your health is of greater concern to me than whether or not we need to work a little fast to keep up with the customers. Now go and get your things.”

“Yes Mrs Winship. Sorry for the trouble and thank you for letting me go home.”

“Give me a call tomorrow to let me know how you’re doing, but don’t try to come in till you’re feeling better. You may go with her to the staffroom if you wish. She looks ready to pass out.” She was looking at Chrissy as she said the last part.

So Chrissy took her to the staffroom and helped her get ready to leave. Once they got her to the car they called in a chemist and got her some medicine and other bits and bobs and took her to Mandy’s home.

“Why have you brought me here Mandy?”

“So Chrissy can take care of you, and there is less chance of you passing it on to others. I’m sure you don’t want Cathleen, Jenna, or Mable down with it, do you?”

“I guess your right Mandy. I don’t want any of them getting sick because of me. But what about you getting back to the shop?”

“I’m not going to reopen till after New Year. We never sell much between Christmas and New Year.”

“I’m sorry to be a pain, I’m sure you had other plans.”

“Not really, we were going to do some food shopping, but it was way too busy. So we came into town to do some window shopping and then ended up in your shop, and you know the rest.” Chrissy said, looking worried for her lover.

Mandy and Chrissy helped Becky up to Chrissy’s room and they got her undressed and into a nice warm nightgown and then into the bed. Chrissy went to make her a Lemsip and to call Mable and fill her in on why they had brought her to Mandy’s place.

Mable was worried, but knew that Chrissy would look after her. So she asked to be kept informed of how she was doing and then rang off. Chrissy made the drink and took it back up to Becky, she sat and made her drink it all then helped her get her head down.

Mandy was in the kitchen having just made a pot of tea, so they sat and talked about what ways they could best help Becky get better. Mandy got a silly grin on her face and then grabbed Chrissy by the arm and pulled her off towards the stairs and into her bedroom.

“What are you up to Mandy?”

“Strip down to your bra and panties Chrissy, I have just the thing to make Becky feel better.” With that, she vanished into her walk in wardrobe.

Chrissy did as she was told and waited for Mandy to come back out. When she did Chrissy had to laugh. She was holding a white nurse’s outfit with all the things to go with it. But it wasn’t a real one, for the dress was really short and very tight fitting.

“You want me to wear that? She will want to rape me if I do and you know it.”

“Trust me Sis, she will love to see you in this. Now let’s get you dressed for the part of a nurse.”

Mandy passed her a pair of white hold up stockings. When she had them on, she gave her the uniform to put on. It was a snug fit, but did make her look very sexy, then she handed her a pair of white stiletto heeled shoes to put on. The shoes had a four-inch heel and were tricky to walk in, but they did give Chrissy a very sexy walk.

“Mandy, I feel silly wearing this stuff.”

“I think you look hot. You’re even turning me on. Now come over here so I can put this nurse’s cap on you.” Mandy used some hair grips to fix the cap to Chrissy’s head and then said, “All done, now take a look in the mirror and tell me what you think.”

Chrissy looked in the mirror again, and she had to admit that with the cap on and in the heels she did look like one very hot looking nurse.

“Where did you get this outfit from, and why?”

“I brought it to go to a fancy dress party a couple of years back. I didn’t have to buy a drink all night, so I guess it was a hit.” She said with a grin on her face.

“As long as you don’t expect me to go out wearing it, we will be fine.”

“Damn! And I was going to get you to pop up the shop for me.”

“Ha, Ha. No Way. Not a chance.”

Chrissy started walking towards the door to go and see how Becky was doing. She heard Mandy whistle and say, “Work it babe.” So she put even more sway in her walk as she left the room. She could hear Mandy laughing. Sometimes I worry about that girl, Chrissy thought to herself.

She opened the door quietly so not to wake Becky in case she was sleeping. She walked to the bed, which was a little trick all on it’s own in the high heels. Becky was fast asleep and making some very funny sounds due to the blocked nose. Chrissy felt so useless knowing that her lover was ill and all she could do is wait for her to get better, and fetch the odd drink here and there. She took the seat next to the bed and just sat there watching her sleep.

After an hour she went down to get a drink, as it didn’t look like she was going to be waking any time soon. Mandy could hear Chrissy coming the minute she stepped off the stairs and started walking down the marble floor in the hallway.

“Hi Chrissy, how’s she doing?”

“She’s still asleep, so I thought I would come and get a glass of juice.”

“Take a seat Sis, I’ll pour you a glass. You really look to be having trouble with those heels, do you want to take them off?”

“I really do love wearing them Sis, so I think I will stick with it. I think Becky will like the look a lot more with the heels.”

“She will that Sis. I reckon she will make a speedy recovery once she catches sight of you.”

“I still can’t work out how you wore this outfit to a party. Every time I sit or walk I feel like I am undressed, and there is no way to cover yourself up.”

“Chrissy, if you’re wearing an outfit like that, you’re not bothered about what people see.” Chrissy could see that Mandy had a point.

Mandy gave her a glass of juice and then sat down again as they chatted and had their drinks. It was another hour before Chrissy made her way back up with a glass of juice for Becky when she woke up. She had pretty much forgotten what she was wearing when she walked into the bedroom. That was till Becky went, “WOW! Chrissy, where did you get the outfit?”

Chrissy went red faced as she remembered what she was wearing. “It was Mandy’s. She thought it would help you feel better, seeing me dressed like this.”

“I don’t know about better, but I think my temperature has just gone up.” Becky had a weak smile on her face as she said it.

“Are you feeling any better? I’ve got you some juice and a couple of flu capsules to take.” She handed her the glass of juice and then the pills.

“Thanks for doing this for me Chrissy, I’m sure you could be doing more interesting stuff than playing nurse to me.”

“So you want me to go and change out of the outfit then?”

“No, I didn’t mean it like that, and you know it. But it may be a long time before I feel well enough to let my nurse leave.”

“Well, don’t get any funny idea’s about us kissing or cuddling. I have no desire to catch what you have.” Becky looked really sad. Which made Chrissy give in and she gave her a long deep kiss.

“If I come down with what you have, I will make you wear this outfit. Deal?”

Becky had an evil grin on her face as she said, “Deal, I would love to nurse you back to good health lover.” They kissed again and then Chrissy told her to lie back down and rest. Chrissy sat in the chair and they chatted about this and that, until Mandy came in to see how she was and to find out what they all wanted for Dinner. Becky asked if she could just have some soup, and Chrissy said she would come down and sort them something out.

“Can I come and sit with you two while I eat? I am a little sick of being stuck in bed.”

“You can, but it’s straight back to bed when you’ve done.”

“Yes nurse. Anything you say nurse.” Becky loved this way too much.

Mandy said she would help Becky, so Chrissy could walk out before them and make a start on the dinner. The real reason was so Becky could watch Chrissy sway her ass as she walked.

“Can I get some fries with that shake nurse?” Becky said.

Chrissy stopped and turned to say something, but the look on the other pairs faces made it hard to have a go. So she just put her hands on her hips an tilted her ass to one side, then Mandy said, “God, she looks even hotter when she tries to look mad.”

“She does that. Can I skip dinner and just have dessert?”

Chrissy threw her hands in the air and turned around and started walking away again, then said, “I give up with you too. You’re worse than a couple of dirty old men.”

Mandy had to stop, as Becky was laughing so hard she was having trouble breathing, they could still hear Chrissy complaining as she went out of sight.

By the time they got to the kitchen, they were met with the sight of Chrissy bent over looking in the fridge seeing what they could have for dinner. Both girls did wolf whistles, and Chrissy shot up looking as red as the cross on the outfit.

Both girls could see that they had taken the teasing as far as they could, and it was beginning to upset her. So they walked over and gave her a hug and said sorry for the teasing. Once they broke the hug Chrissy said, “I’m ok really, I just can’t help the way these shoes make me walk, and this skirt is so short I feel like I’m selling my ass every time I bend over.”

Becky and Mandy were trying not to laugh and gave up in the end and just started to laugh at how funny Chrissy sounded. But instead of her getting upset she saw the funny side as well and then started to laugh with them. Chrissy and Mandy had to stop laughing to help Becky get her breath back.

She was beginning to think that if the cold didn’t kill her, the way Chrissy was making her laugh would. “Please stop making me laugh, I can’t breath and laugh at the same time.”

“I’m sorry lover. I know I’m a bad little nurse.” Chrissy put on a fake pout as she said it.

“I don’t care, you’re my bad little nurse.” Becky said as she hugged her again.

Chrissy led Becky over to the table and sat her down. “Right then Becky, you can have Chicken soup, Tomato Soup, or Cream of Mushroom. Which do you fancy?”

“I’d like the chicken soup please.”

“Ok I’ll get it sorted for you now. Do you want a couple of slices bread to go with it?”

“Yes please, is there anything I can do to help?”

“Yes there is, you can sit and eat the food when I’ve got it ready for you.”

“That I can do.” Becky said with a grin.

Chrissy started to sort out the soup for Becky and kept looking for something for her and Mandy. She decided to do a couple of baked potatoes in the microwave. Then she got some pieces of chicken out the fridge and sliced them in to chunks, and browned them off in a pan and added the tin of creamy mushroom to it and stirred it, then left it to simmer while she made a salad.

Once it was all ready, she took it over to the table and sat down to eat. Becky had a little salad with her soup and Mandy really did like the meal that Chrissy had put together. “This is a really nice meal Chrissy, I can’t believe you just threw it together.”

“I find that sometimes it’s how some of the best meals are made.”

Even Becky liked the looks of it, and there was enough for her to have some as well as her soup, but Chrissy and Mandy were just happy she was eating.

“Thank you for a lovely meal Chrissy.” Becky said at the end, and Mandy backed that up by saying the same thing. They sat and watched some telly for a bit, then they all went to bed early.

Chrissy felt great spending the night with Becky again. They never did anything other than cuddle, but to Chrissy it was heaven. She woke up the next morning with her arms and legs still wrapped around Becky, who was still fast asleep.

She got out of bed and went to use the bathroom. She decided to run a bubble bath for Becky. She went to see if she was moving yet, she found she was awake and watching her walk over to the bed.

“Morning sleepy head, how you feeling today?”

“Much better, but I did have a great nurse.”

“Did have a great nurse? Does that mean you don’t want a nurse today?”

“Only if you want to be Chrissy, but I did think you looked sexy yesterday and you were all mine.”

“Well your nurse has ordered that you have a nice bubble bath. Now get that really cute butt of yours in the bathroom now!”

“Yes Ma’am!” Becky said throwing the covers back. Chrissy followed her to the bathroom and helped her get undressed. Once she was in the water Chrissy washed her back and then let her lie back and relax. She got out just as she started to prune and Chrissy helped to dry her off and then got her dressed in some warm clothes. She sat on the bed while Chrissy put on the nurse’s outfit again. When she had it on, Becky gave her a long passionate kiss.

“Chrissy, I really do love you so much. I hate to be away from you.”

“I feel the same way about you Becky. You’re one of the best things to ever happen to me.” They hugged for a couple of minutes then Chrissy said, “Come on, let’s go get some food.”

“Sounds good to me. I’m really hungry this morning.”

“What do you want to eat, a full English breakfast?”

“MMMM, that sounds good!”

“Come on then, let’s go and get some breakfast. Sometimes I wonder if you only like me because I keep you well fed.” Chrissy pouted, but soon had to giggle.

“There are a lot of reasons Chrissy that I love you, the great cook part is just a bonus.”

“You say the sweetest things to me Honey.”

“You know what I mean Chrissy, you silly thing.”

They headed downstairs and into the kitchen. Mandy was reading the morning paper and drinking a cup of tea. Chrissy mentioned what she was going to make for breakfast and asked if she wanted some. She agreed, so Chrissy got stuck in.

Once breakfast was out of the way and the pots were all washed and put away. The girls all went into the living room to sit and chat. They spent most the day just having a laugh.

Becky felt well enough to go back to work the next day and Mandy dropped her off. Chrissy went with her so they could go and do some food shopping afterwards.

They didn’t really do much over the next couple of days. Chrissy rang Becky to see how she was doing. Later, Mable rang then to ask if they wanted to go around to the house to see in the New Year. Mandy was up for it and she rang and asked her Mum if she wanted to come? She said yes, and they all decided to stop the night again. So there would be no risk of drunk driving.

Becky was happy, as she would get to have a couple of extra bodies to share the bed with.

It was just after eight when they got to Mable’s on New Year’s Eve. Kim was already there, as David had picked her up earlier in the day. They were getting on really well. They all took their bags up to their rooms and then returned to the dinning room and were all given a glass if wine and they caught up on what they had all been doing since Boxing day.

Chrissy managed to get Prue off to one side and ask about her breasts and whether or not she would need implants. Prue said she was growing really fast, and didn’t think she would need them. She seemed to think she would be a C-cup by the end of the year, which was the size she’d picked in a breast form anyway.

They all counted down to midnight and wished everyone a Happy New Year, then lots of hugs and Kiss’s went all round. Chrissy was a little shocked when she even got one from David.

Chrissy was a little drunk by the time she went to bed so Becky had to help Mandy get her ready for bed.

When she woke in the morning, her head was thumping and she felt really out of it. She dragged herself out of bed and went to the bathroom to take a shower. She hadn’t been in there long when she felt a set of arms wrap themselves around her. When she looked it was Becky.

“Morning Chrissy. How’s the head?”

“Thumping. How much did I drink last night?”

“You had more than a couple of glasses, but your not used to drinking, so it will leave you feeling a little tender the next day.”

“I’m never drinking again. I feel really bad right now.” She closed her eyes and let Becky soap her body and rub her back for her.

By the time they had finished, Chrissy was feeling a little better. Mandy was just waking up as they went back into the bedroom. Mandy could see that all the drink last night had left Chrissy feeling a little off colour.

“You’re not looking to good there Chrissy. Do you feel as bad as you look?”

“Yes I do. I just told Becky that I’m not drinking any more.”

“Now that is the sign of a good hangover.” Mandy said as she laughed.

Mandy got out of bed and went to take a shower, while the other two got dressed. Then they waited for Mandy to get dressed so they could all go down for breakfast together.

Chrissy just had a couple of slices of toast, and a glass of juice. Then a couple of cups of tea and some painkillers. She was feeling much better by the time they were ready to leave.

Chrissy and Mandy spent the next couple of days updating the web site and working out the best things to list on EBay. Both girls were getting a little restless from being stuck at home, so they decided to go to the shop and do some sorting out ready for the next day.

There wasn’t really much to be done, as they had left it clean and tidy when they closed for Christmas. But it was nice to be doing something again. The worked till two and then closed up and went to a restaurant for some lunch. Chrissy picked up the bill, and then they left to go home.

Life got back to normal over the next couple of months. Becky would come and stop with them more and more. Work was great, the web site was doing well and the EBay shop was really busy. Chrissy gave Mandy some good ideas to get the sales up for Valentines Day, which worked and they had the highest takings she had ever had.

Chrissy and Mandy were closer than real sisters could be. Mandy found it hard to even think back to the time before she came into her new life. She loved having Becky around as well, so she decided to have a word with Chrissy about something.

They had just finished dinner one night when Mandy asked Chrissy to come in the living room and take a seat.

“Is there something wrong Mandy?”

“Yes there is Chrissy.”

Chrissy was really worried now she had never seen Mandy so serious before. She started to worry that she had done something wrong, was she about to throw me out?

Chrissy sat on a seat facing Mandy and started to nervously play with the hem on her skirt. Mandy was trying to think of the best way to put what she had to say.

“Chrissy, I need to talk to you about Becky. She seems to be spending a lot of time here, and less and less at Mable’s and I don’t think it’s right.”

“I’m Sorry Mandy, but I didn’t think it bothered you so much having Becky around. I thought you both got on really well. I’ll start and go around to see her at Mable’s then.” Chrissy felt really bad for pushing her luck with Mandy. She had been looking down why she spoke, so missed the shocked look on Mandy’s face.

“Chrissy, what makes you think I don’t like spending time with Becky?”

“You just said she is spending too much time here.”

“I said she was spending a lot of time here. Now don’t put words in my mouth, and let me finish what I am trying to say.” Mandy sounded a little angry when she said this, so Chrissy sat quietly and listened.

“Now where was I? Oh yes. I’m thinking of asking Becky to move in with us, but I wanted to make sure it was ok with you before I asked.” Chrissy head shot up so fast she nearly gave herself whiplash.

“You want what. Do you really mean that Sis?”

“Yes I do, I love having Becky around and I can tell you do.”

“But why are you asking me? It’s your home, I just live here with you.”

“Chrissy this is your home too. You’re my Sister, I know not legally but as close as we can be.” Chrissy got up and walked around to where her sister was sitting and sat next to her and then gave her a really big hug.

“Thanks for everything Mandy, you gave me a life when I thought I would never have one.”

“Chrissy, it was you that gave me a life. All I ever used to do was work and sleep. But you changed that the first day I took you shopping, I had as much fun as you did. Now do we ask Becky to move in, or not?”

“Yes, Yes, we do Sis. What about Mable, she won’t be happy to lose her.”

“She’s going to be gaining a new guest, so she will be fine.”

Chrissy gave her a puzzled look, which made Mandy Chuckle, then say “Kim is moving in with Mable, or more to the point David. She seems to be a lot like Becky in as they are both spending more time at other places. So Kim is going to move in with David, and Becky can come and live here with us. If she wants to that is,”

“I know she will Sis, I just know it!”

Later that night Becky came around and Mandy and Chrissy asked her if she wanted to move in with them and she said yes, or more to the point screamed it. As Mandy had said, Mable was fine with it as she was getting Kim as a guest and David was in love, as Kim was with him. Life was good for everyone and Chrissy got an even bigger shock when she was asked to go and see Prue and was told that she had passed all the test’s need to be eligible for SRS.

“I thought I had to dress full time for two years before I could have the Surgery?”

“That is only a guide line Chrissy, but I can see that this is what you really want. I see it more as fixing a birth defect.”

“When can I have the surgery Prue?”

“Well if you want to wait for the National Health Service, probably never.”

“Oh I see, so I am still no closer to having my dream then.” Chrissy felt heart broken, she knew she couldn’t afford to go private. But she wanted to find out how much it would cost any way.

“How much would it cost me to go private Prue?”

“Nothing!”

“I don’t understand Prue?”

“You’re booked in to have the SRS at the end of next week. If that is ok with you, I can get a later date if you need more time to think about it.” Prue had a grin on her face, as she knew that Chrissy was going to take the date she just gave her.

Chrissy was in shock and did the only thing a girl could do she fainted. When she came to, she was lying on a sofa and Mandy was looking over her.

“Are you ok Chrissy? You had me worried there for a minute.”

“Yes I’m fine, just had a weird dream that’s all.”

“What was the dream about?”

“I was dreaming that your Mum had told me I was going to have the SRS surgery next week.” Chrissy was sitting up as she told this to Mandy, and then she realised she was in Prue’s office. “I wasn’t dreaming was I?”

Mandy smiled at her then said, “No Chrissy, you’re going to have the SRS surgery next week.”

“How? I can’t afford it, and your mum said that I would be waiting forever on the National Health Service.”

“It’s already paid for Chrissy. My mum had sorted it all out for you.”

Chrissy looked over to Prue then said, “Why Prue?”

“I’ve come to think of you as my daughter Chrissy, and I can’t stand to see you having to wait another day to get your dream.” Prue was looking dewy eyed by this point, and Chrissy was crying happy tears then Prue came over and gave her a hug.

The next week dragged by and Chrissy was as nervous as she was excited which made life fun in the house and at the shop. Chrissy would be happy on minute then snappy the next. Mandy could understand what she was going through and loved her no matter what. The day finally came and Chrissy was really worried, but Mandy and Becky were there with her till she was given the injection to put her to sleep and the world went dark

The next thing Chrissy remembered was waking up again feeling really sore and like a bird had made a nest in her mouth. Her vision was fuzzy for a time, but she could make out the voices of Becky, Mandy and Prue.

“How you feeling Chrissy?” Becky asked.

Chrissy croaked out, “Dry, water please?”

“We can’t give you anything till the doctor’s been to see you.” Mandy said.

The doctor entered the room as Mandy finished what she was saying.

“Hello Chrissy, I’m Dr Freeman. I won’t ask how you’re feeling as I can imagine it’s not too good at the minute.”

“Can I have some water please?” She croaked out.”

“Sure you can, do you want me to pour you a glass, or does someone else want the honours.” Becky jumped forward and claimed nursing rights. She got a cup with a straw in it and Put it to Chrissy’s lips.

“Only take little sips Chrissy.” Prue said.

Once the doctor had let Becky give Chrissy some water he said, “The surgery went well Chrissy, but you have a long way to go yet before your fully recovered.” He went on to tell her what she would have to do. Mandy and Becky were listening to all he had to say, as they would need to be there for her.

Over the next week the nurse’s showed her and the others how to dilate herself. She didn’t like it, but knew it had to be done. Becky had booked a couple of weeks holiday so she could be at the hospital everyday, then be there for her when she was ready to go home.

After nearly two weeks in the hospital she was ready to be released and was glad to be back in her own bed. Chrissy wanted to get back to work, but Mandy wasn’t about to let her do that. So she had to settle for doing the updates on the web site and uploading new stock to EBay. But it still felt good to be doing something other than reading and talking to Becky. As much as she loved spending time talking to Becky, they had run out of things to talk about days ago.

The dilating just became part of her daily routine like all the other stuff she did. Prue took up coming to see Chrissy once a week to make sure she was doing ok. She could see how happy she was so she knew that she had done all she could on the medical side, and now she just needed lots of love.

Chrissy woke in the morning and was just drinking in the sleeping form in front of her. She smiled to herself and got out of bed and went to take a bubble bath. She really loved the long soaks in the bath, she was just relaxing when she felt a hand brush her face. When looked she saw it was Becky looking down at her.

“Can I join you? That bath looks so good.” Becky asked with a pout.

“I can’t think of anyone else I would love to share my bath with.” Chrissy said with a sweet smile.

Becky slipped out of her night clothes and slid into the bath. The bath was a large one and there was lots of room for them both. Chrissy washed Becky’s back and the soaped up her breasts. And took extra time to make sure her nipples were really clean. Becky took the same sort of time and care to do the same to Chrissy.

Chrissy’s nipples had become really sensitive and she loved it when Becky played with them. They both got out the bath when they started to prune. They helped to towel each other off and then headed off to the bedroom again.

Chrissy stopped to look at herself in the mirror, she really did like what she saw now. There was no little secret between her legs anymore, all she saw was a woman looking back. Her breasts had kept growing as Prue had said, they were now a C-cup and looked the same size as the breast forms she’d first used.

“Hey, stop posing in front of the mirror and get some clothes on. We all know how sexy you are.”

Chrissy went all red faced as she realised that Becky had been watching her. “I was just seeing how I looked now and thinking back to the way I used to look.”

“I think you look 100% better now Honey.” Becky wrapped her arms around her and planted a kiss on her lips. Chrissy loved the feel of their breasts touching each other. When they broke the kiss and stepped way from each other, Becky could see that Chrissy was crying.

“What’s wrong Chrissy? Are you in pain?”

“No Becky. You have it all wrong, I’m the happiest girl in the world. I have a great Girlfriend, and loving family and friends.”

“Then why the tears?”

“I’m just happy I guess, but I don’t know what to do now.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“Well my goal in life was to find some way to become the girl I knew I was inside, and find a job where I could do all that. But now I’ve done it all and got so much more. So for the first time, I don’t have any more goals to reach for.”

“Well we will just have to take each day as it comes, won’t we.”

They both got dressed and then headed down for breakfast holding hands. Mandy was reading a magazine with a cup of tea in her hand.

“Morning Chrissy, morning Becky. Sleep well?”

“Morning Sis, Yes we slept really well.” She said as she kissed her on the cheek and gave her a hug.

“You sure your alright Chrissy? You seem a little different this morning.”

She told Mandy how she had felt earlier and what Becky had said, and Mandy backed up what Becky said.

“Becky’s right Chrissy, it’s time to just live life to the full as the person you were really meant to be.”

“I know, but it feels odd to not have a plan to work to any more.”

“Here’s a plan then Chrissy. How about we plan to have as much fun as we can everyday?” Mandy said.

“Now that’s a good plan Sis.”

“Can I be part of that plan?” Becky asked pouting.

Mandy and Chrissy got up and gave her a hug then said, “How could we not count you as part of our plan’s and stop pouting, you’ll give yourself wrinkles.” Mandy said.

Becky told them to take a seat and she made a start on breakfast. Chrissy had taught her how to cook just about any meal that she knew how to cook herself and she loved it, so Mandy and Chrissy never really got to do much cooking any more. But they did eat well.

So they took a seat and waited for Becky to cook the meal. Once it was all done, Becky came and sat down and they all ate together.

Chrissy sat and looked at Mandy and Becky, and thought about what they said. And for the first time she knew that she could deal with anything life had to throw at her. And she was going to have a lot of fun living it.

To Be Continued...

 

 

up
317 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

What about Chrissy's ...

Jezzi Stewart's picture

... biological mother? Chris had promised to let her know he was all right and where to send his computer, but no mention was made of him doing that or of contact of any kind. She must have been frantic with worry, she probably thinks her child dead by the time the story ends or is in the agony of not knowing what has become of him/her. I don't think Chrissy would have to worry about a negative reaction from her as she was sympathetic and gave Chris the bra and panty set as a going away present start on "her" new life.

"All the world really is a stage, darlings, so strut your stuff, have fun, and give the public a good show!" Miss Jezzi Belle at the end of each show

BE a lady!

chrissy's mother

did you notice the to be continued. sara said she would add another part to address that very question hugs and love all

Blond Alert

Blond Alert, Blond Alert, Blond Alert,

Houston we have a Blond Alert. "ROFL"

To Be Continued

OMG," theres nothing in there.

Open the pod doors Hal/ Sal.

Konichiwa

same here

That was my first idea too, when i finished reading the great story. But maybe, indeed, we will read in it during the, next part. Or has Chrissy contacted her somewhere after she left, but it hasn't been told yet. We'll see.

Great story,

Love,
Marie-Claire

I give this.....

A definite and resounding 'Thank You'. I particularly like the way you dealt with the rejection by Chrissy's father,the tension of finding the body and the relief at it not being Chrissy. I also like the way you portayed the low self-esteem that quickly devours the confidence of many people with gender identity issues.

It could be read as too easy a path for Chrissy and too much acceptance too soon but I liked the story.

It can be very difficult to keep a handle on some of the sub-plots in a story of this length and some things are inevitably left to the reader to resolve in his or her mind. I don't have a problem with this.

Once again Chris, thank you very much, even if you did keep me awake until 2:00am in order to finish it!

Hugs,

Susie

Welcome to womanhood...

...Chrissy, you are going to have sooooooooooo much fun. Sarah, this is such a darling story. The love that poured out for Chris when he first came to Mable's, and the love that was still there from Mable and everyone, including little Cathleen, is what we all hope for when we do transition. I was lucky, because I had similar love and acceptance. But not all of us get that. I was really worried when Chrissy ran away from Mable's and ran into those boys, and was stabbed. I was really releived tho to find out that Chrissy would be all right. This is a wonderful story where Chrissy not only got a job, but a sister and a new mother to boot. The love and acceptance from the heart just flows in this piece.

When a child is abused by a father, brother, uncle, or any other man, and that child is like Chrissy, then becoming lesbian is not so far fetched. Chrissy felt something for Becky right away, but didn't quite know what. Then when Becky said that Chrissy would be her best friend if Chrissy were a girl, fate just took a hand from there.

I really liked this story, and all of the confusion Chrissy went through, is normal for someone in transition, who was beaten unconscious by a father.

I am waiting for the next part, because Chrissy reminds so much of Allison in "Chrissie".

With super love & big as the sky hugs
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

The Art Angel strikes again!

Huggles Auntie Sara

The Art Angel is famous for dipping her wings into paint and doing some beautiful illustrating for several authors, including Prue Walker. Your work on Carversion was a masterpiece.

Now you've put down the paint, grabbed a pen, and gave us another work of beauty. It's a well written story, that's easy to follow and easy to fall in love with. You've packed a lot of heart in these pages, and you're sure to touch a lot of people with this wonderful tale.

Please keep writing and drawing Auntie Sara. You have a wonderful gift that makes the world a prettier place.

P.S. Thanks for the cameo as office receptionist. I could really use the job right now. Giggle.

Hugs and love, Maggie da Kitten

Glossed over the dialation

Far be it from me to criticize......

Dialation is and continues to be a really bitch for me. I don't know if I will ever like it and it happened August 15. It is yukky, it hurts and it is yukky. Did I mention yukki?

I don't know, but if I am being a bitch please say so.

Gwenellen

Sorry for getting it all wrong

Gwenellen and any one else I may have upset with this story being wrong, I am really sorry.
I have no idea what you go through with SRS and had to guess at all of it.
The story was done to the best that I could, but it looks like it wasn't good enough for the readers here after all.

Once again, I am sorry for waisting everyones time.

Hi Sara

laika's picture

You didn't waste MY time! I'm about 3/4 of the way through chapter one here and I LOVE it!
The people in Chrissie's life are so good, it's refreshing to read something so upbeat. I see a LOT
of positive feedback in the responses above, and I don't think Gwenellen is bagging your story either.
She's not like that (read how chagrined she was over treating a lady a little coldly in that
blog of hers!) but was just saying how one detail differs from her experience.
Be good to yourself, you deserve it.
~~~Big Hug! LAIKA

I loved the story, girl.

OK, you are going to be one of those tender people. I am so sorry for doing so. I never imagined I would be on the giving end as far as hurting people go.

I did not intend to hurt your feelings, and in fact, my comment about dialation was supposed to be tongue in cheek. Instead, I now have shoe in mouth. Yuk.

I will be much nicer in the future.

Gwenellen

Are we OK now.

Sara:

Did you get my reply/apology? Are we OK now.

For a long time during my transition, I was so fragile and I can not imagine having forgotten it so easily once it passed. Actually, I thought the story was very sweet and now I am going to pop over and read the latest installment. :))

Gwenellen

Total realism is over-rated

I made the decision in my stories when I first started writing them that 100% realism in all the details is likely to give the readers more than they really want to know. So I skipped all the gory details other than one very brief reference. Don't sweat the small stuff, girl. This is fiction, not a how-to guide.

Like Joni, I read this so long ago I decided to come back and start over at the beginning, even through I've already read Part 4; couldn't help myself. This really is a great story, and Chrissy's vulnerability is so close to my own experiences its almost uncanny. You've got a great cast of people and I'm enjoying this immensely. If you were to get somebody to go through this and doing some much-needed editing, you could easily turn this into a book for Doppler Press.

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

You have it all wrong

After reading this story again, for I read it a long time ago at either Fictionmania or Storysite, I had to reread it so the next part would make sense. I wanted to remember what had all happened. I'm glad I did, for it is a fantastic story. So now I am ready to read part 2.

I did notice one error in this story and I know it would fall apart if it was addressed, but I need to ask. First of all when Chris got stabbed and robbed of his wallet, The person who did it was obviously killed. The police ended up going to Mable's house. Why? Wouldn't the drivers license or Identification have had his real home address on it, and wouldn't they have contacted his real mom or dad? With them thinking Chris was killed would not the mother have totally lost it? Possibly blaming her husband for the whole ordeal, and chasing her son away? I know she would freak, as would I. Just an observation. I know it would not allow the story to work well if it had happened that way.

Sorry to bring it up but I was just wondering. I still love the story though. Looking forward to part 2. I am glad you reserected it again with part 2.

Hugs
Joni

Filling in the blanks

Hi Joni
Sorry for not making it clear in the story, but in the Uk you have to change all your ID to show where you live. Things like drivers licence and bank details all have to show where you're living at all times. So Chris had put Mables place down as the place he was living at, and that is why the police knew to go there and inform them of his death.

SaraUK

Following procedures

The drivers license address change requirement is pretty standard world-wide, the bank and other things of that sort less so. However, there are always a number of people who fail to do so. Chrissy must be one of those conscientious people who does follow the rules. ;)

Karen J.

"Being a girl is wonderful and to torture someone into that would be like the exact opposite of what it's like. I don’t know how anyone could act that way."

College Girl - poetheather


"Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.”
George Carlin

drivers licence

Angharad's picture

The only mention of this in the story was that Chris couldn't drive, so would he/she have had one anyway? I presume that he could have been carrying other ID documents, but wouldn't the thug have just dumped the wallet after removing cash, cards, etc. or maybe he was a bigger numpty than we thought?

I must have enjoyed it to sit still for so long to read it, and I teared up once or twice too. However, I do find the 'niceness' of everyone a little unreal. Even nice people have off days.

That aside, it's a lovely tale and oh Gwen, dilation sucks!

hugs,

Angharad.

Angharad

I really have only one compliant

It took me a long time to go through the story!
It is nice, heartwarming and makes me feel fuzzy on the inside!

However, I'm afraid all is not well. Chrissy, as was pointed out more than once in-story, after the beating she suffered, methodical, cold-blooded practically - she has become uncontrollably afraid of rejection, and I have noticed that even the slightest hint is enough to shake her deeply. The first meeting with Mable, with Mandy, with Kim, with Prue... I can continue the list for quite some time. Chrissy was made unable to fend for herself, and is now continually ready for her flight reflex to kick in. It is made worse by the fact that the beating was at the hands of the father - characterised as a kind man. This makes for an even worse betrayal, for Chrissy is now unable to truly trust anyone, no matter how nice they are.

Faraway

On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Faraway


On rights of free advertisement:
Big Closet Top Shelf

Where you can fool around like you want to and most you get is some bemused good ribbing!

Just read this...

Phew! 65,428 words (excluding headers) and it feels more-or-less like a complete story.

Yet apparently there are FIVE more chapters! If they're all as long as this one, goodness knows how far into the future we'll get!

Apart from catching up with the relationship with mum (room for one more, Mable?), there's a possibility of vignettes / viewpoints from other characters, Chrissy and Becky having a Civil Partnership, and possibly even the pre-history of Chrissy (i.e. from first feminine feelings up to collating the suitcase full of clothes, but stopping before the discovery which launched Chapter 1).

 


EAFOAB Episode Summaries

There are 10 kinds of people in the world - those who understand binary and those who don't...

As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

2/3 the way thru

Oh the tears. Oh the joy. I wish, I wish.
Great tear jerker. great story. I will finish it in the morn. when my eyes are dry

James

You Have IT All Wrong part one

Wow, this is one extremely sweet story and I love it! I have to say also that I am quite envious of Chrissy too!

Vivien

Nothings wrong with the story Sara!

Don't worry your little head about the readers picking your story apart Sara! Doggone it a lot of readers tend to forget that most of the authors on this site or any other site are not proffessionals!

Personally I think that those readers who tear stories apart need to get a life or purchase a proffesionally written book if they feel the need to over critique stories!

I think that this story was just wonderful myself. Warm, sweet, heart wrenching at times such as with Chrissy being robbed and stabbed, beaten by her Daddy who needs a beating himself!

Your story is just GREAT!

Readers, be nice ok!

Hugs :}
Vivien

Sorry for getting it all wrong
Submitted by SaraUK on Tue, 2007/11/20 - 11:46pm.
Gwenellen and any one else I may have upset with this story being wrong, I am really sorry.
I have no idea what you go through with SRS and had to guess at all of it.
The story was done to the best that I could, but it looks like it wasn't good enough for the readers here after all.

Once again, I am sorry for waisting everyones time.

»
replyWrite to authorIgnore user

Well SaraUK - This is great

I might be slow, but I have just finished reading this and I think it is great!

Forget about all the crap some have mentioned.

Your story brings out the best in people and I loved it.

I'm looking to reading lot's more, and there seems plenty of it!

LoL
Rita

Age is an issue of mind over matter.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter!
(Mark Twain)

LoL
Rita

Still great to re-read

Reading this first chapter once again reminds me of why I fell so deeply in love with this story, thanks for sharing it Sara.

Lizzie :)

Yule

Bailey's Angel
The Godmother :p

echoing others...

..and to be helpful, could i suggest that 67,000 words is too long for a chapter; I've tried and lost myself more than once to get through. it can't be done in one sitting and finding where you've reached isn't easy when coming back to the story. I enjoy it a lot, perhaps you could help me enjoy this and subsequent booksful by dividing at key points in the tale!? otherwise, the characters are great!

Too much animosity

Why is it that so many of these stories go out of their way to villainize fathers? Didn't anyone come from a good home around here? When a story starts off with "Dad, dad. Stop, please stop hitting me.", I feel like I'm assisting in the authors hate speech. If it were just one story, it would be a plot line. But when it's half the stories, it's a political statement.

I Know its Long Coming but i just have to say

This Story is one of the Best here on BigClosit //

That Being Said About the grammatical Error Disclaimer // English Although a Broadly used language .. Their are Many Diffrent Words for the same thing, and diffrent spellings .. the word Colour (Canadian/British Spelling) is Spelled Color In the states, The word Chesterfield in Canada, Seems to univerally translate into a Couch but the most american's dont(or wont) use this term(and alot dont understand this word), they use Sofa (which alot of candians (northern mainly Dont understand, or DONT USE)

so even though we all speak the same lanuage; dont blame the author for simple spelling or grammatical errors .. because they might be proper in their part of the world ..

Thank you

Thank you for a truly beautiful story, have read all parts and chapters.

Julie

i wish

this is my favorite story. I miss SaraUK
edtexas


ed

One of my favorite story lines

I enjoyed this story when it was first published and last week I finished re-reading the entire "You have it all Wrong" universe, and enjoyed it again.

I miss Sara's stories, I enjoyed them all.

Jeri

Jeri Elaine

Homonyms, synonyms, heterographs, contractions, slang, colloquialisms, clichés, spoonerisms, and plain old misspellings are the bane of writers, but the art and magic of the story is in the telling not in the spelling.

I have always found her stories fun to read

There were people who turned their collective noses up at the 'fluff' that they think the stories were but they are not as fluffy as one would think. Her stories fulfilled a need, call it 'wish fulfillment' if you like but I hate that term as it is a weapon of choice for all the critics above who either write or read due to the need for wish fulfillment themselves. Glass houses and all that, eh?

She got very little feedback and commentary and encouragement from few but me, especially in her later stories. I hope she is doing okay and maybe one day will continue writing again.

I agree!

Some authors do not get the comments I think that their works deserve and get heavily disheartened to the point of quitting when they don't :*(

I know of 11 that have left BCTS for that very reason. Please, if you like a story? Comment and say something to the author :)

And yes I love SaraUK's stories and I am guilty of not having commented. I have to point that out! I am guilty Sara, Please come home.

Sephrena

Re You Have it All Wrong

great stories of you have it all wrong have read all from part 1

Regards bazza

bcoren