A New Life Part 2

Printer-friendly version


A New Life
Part Two



By Jacquimac

Chapter Two Continues Here

Did I really so look feminine?

Ok, I couldn't find work and was now being offered a good wage for what I was already doing and  £250 a week wasn't to be sneezed at. I wouldn't have to pay rent, food bills and no utilities to pay for either so the money I was being offered would be spent or saved how I wished.

Of course I would have to buy a new wardrobe, not to mention cosmetics, all the sundry items that women required and they weren't exactly cheap if you wanted decent clothing. Then there was hair salon costs and etc. But if I was careful I could get by on the minimum and save the rest for something important.

Cleaning today was a short task, no laundry so I just had the meals to cook for the family.

I hadn't really given today much thought until I looked at the newspaper I was putting in the rack, today was my Eighteenth birthday. I was now of age to vote and drink now, but booze didn't do anything for me so I didn't drink.

I prepared lunch and when it was ready called the family to the dining room, it being a warm day I had prepared a beef and chicken salad.

The family ate what they wanted and with the enjoyment they usually showed, I have to admit without blushing that I am a damn good cook, taking time and not wasting anything.

Like my Granny always said, "Blow your own trumpet cause no one else will do, not for you!" And she taught me a lot about cooking.

The meal ended and as I had used paper plates and plastic cutlery clearing away was just the case of throwing everything in the garbage and putting the uneaten meats in the fridge.

I came back into the room and saw everyone was waiting on my answer, Mum and Dad looking anxious, and my brothers looking puzzled.

I didn't rush taking my seat with a fresh coffee in my hand, "Let them wait" I thought as I sipped from the cup.

Placing the cup back in the saucer I started.

"OK, you want me live as woman for at least two years, well how about saying three years until I'm twenty one?" I stated looking round the table, Mum and Dad looked at each other and you could see the relief on their faces, Tom and Bill just smiled.

"I think you've made the right decision," said Dad.

"It's not going to be cheap so we've put  £5,000 to one side to get you what you'll need on top of that we'll allow you to  £300 a month as a clothing allowance, that way you can keep your wages for yourself. However you will be smartly dressed at all times, I don't want you letting the family down," said Mum.

"Your room is locked and will remain so unless you want to get something from it today, we’ve already had a room fixed up and redecorated for you, we will have to get your paperwork changed with a new name and Mum will be taking you shopping over the next few days," said Dad

"Well the family seems happy enough but, have I made a big mistake," I thought as Dad and the boys left the room.

Mum must have guessed my thoughts.

"No you haven't made a mistake; all you can do is try the female lifestyle and see how you get on. You have a lot to learn but the neighbors will help a lot especially the women, it won't be easy for you to start with but, you’ll adapt as you usually do and succeed. Who knows maybe you won't want to take up a male lifestyle again," said Mum softly.

At a sign from mum we both left the room and went upstairs to my new bedroom.

As I expected it was a female’s room, all frills and pastel colors. All the furniture was new and was a very expensive matching suite of wardrobes, dressers and a canopy bed. The room still looked sterile, it didn't have a personality as yet but that would come in time as I added things to the shelves and walls.

Mum opened one of the wardrobes and I saw that although it was empty at the moment it was huge.

"We'll start filling these and your dressers tomorrow," she said.

"What would have happened if I had not gone along with you and Dad," I asked.

"Nothing, we would have continued as we always have," said Mum.

"Looking at all this and knowing it must have been expensive makes me wonder if you were so sure I would go along with you," I said.

"You and we know your problems and limitations just as you do, it's not your fault that you have a problem with writing but you have an excellent mind and we were confident that once you looked at every angle and thought things through you would give our idea a go, but you did surprise us when you said you would do it for three years.

Just remember that we love you and wouldn't hurt you for the world, we're trying to find you a niche in life, after all me and your dad won't always be here and your brothers will have families of their own one day, but enough of this it's your birthday today and a very special one in a few days so let’s get you changed and join everyone else, said Mum.

We went into my parents’ bedroom and Mum helped me change, did my hair and make-up and we went back downstairs to join the rest of the family.

"Oh good, the ladies of house have joined us," said Dad.

Also in the room were our family GP, and a few of the neighbors which caught me by surprise to say the least.

Birthday wishes were expressed and I ended up with a fortune in Jewelry ranging from gold and diamond studded Cartier Watch, necklaces, earrings, and etc. Also there was a set of very expensive cosmetics and numerous gift certificates for some very exclusive not to say expensive shops in the city.

As a family we were not into parties in a big way and tonight was not an exception, well in a way it was we were all going out to one of the fashionable and expensive restaurants to eat something we rarely ever did.

It wasn't long before four stretch limos arrived to convey us to our destination, where a private room had been booked, on the way Mum and Dad warned me that it wasn't just a Birthday Dinner but also a chance to talk to the other guests.

We arrived and were shown through to a private dining room where our drinks orders were taken, I settled on a fruit juice as usual. Instead of being worried about what people think I mingled and chatted with everyone as if wearing female attire was an everyday thing for me and was greeted by compliments by all the guests, most of whom I had known all my life.
**********************************
To be continued…..
 © Jacquimac/Jacqueline McConnell 2012 All Rights ReservedTop of Form
 

up
117 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Well Jacqui...

I like it so far, just a little concerned. I'm wondering if it's concerned for his well being? Or the fact that the rest of the family likes having a live in maid..... (Hugs) Taarpa

Taarpa, I don't think they wanted a live in maid, but let's

consider this for a minute. He has no prospects for a job because his dyslexia keeps him from properly reading and writing. He is already doing the housework and the cooking and in the last chapter said he also does the shopping. So, it isn't like the parents are being hard nosed or selfish about this, because they offered him 250 pounds a week. Plus gave him 5,000 pounds to get whatever for his female wardrobe, cosmetics, salon visits, etc., and was also given 300 pounds a month for a clothing allowance. This does not sound like they want a live in maid, but want what is best for their child, who was struggling finding work, and because of his dyslexia, wasn't able to. I think being in the employe of his parents, and being treated as a daughter is just what the doctor ordered, since their GP was there when they came down from changing.

Add to that that he was offered to live as a woman for 2 years and actually asked that it be 3 years after he had thought it out. So, it isn't that he was being forced; well, in a way he was, because he couldn't find work; but, he did make the decision on his own. All his family did was suggest this, and then let him think about it.

Nice chapter Jacqui.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."

A New Life Part Two

His family sees that he needs to discover who he is,

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine