A Familiar Experience: A Dark Realms Tale 05

Printer-friendly version

Chapter Five

So now he was a were-cat.

Taylor sat up and put on his shirt. It was still odd, after several months of being a cat, how comfortable it felt to wear clothing again. He reached over for his jeans and pulled them up his legs.

Anyone watching would be amazed at the way he moved. He was unintentionally deliberate, with a natural kind of sinuous grace that would be the envy of the most skilled ballerina. He was slipping on his shoes when she called.

*Taylor, honey, are you coming down for breakfast?*

*Yes, Luv, I’m almost ready. It smells wonderful up here.*

*Thanks. How many eggs would you like?*

“Three should be fine, sweetheart.” He said as he walked into the room, and then quickly caught her as she stumbled back, startled.

“Goddess, you surprised me!” She told him. ”You walk through the house so quietly!” She wrapped him in her arms and gave him a very passionate good morning kiss. Before anything else got started, Laura pushed him back. “Okay, dear, the eggs are going to burn,” she said, turning back to the stove.

He chuckled. “I can’t wait until you try to tell my mother how quiet I am. She’s always said that I have all the grace of a drunken elephant with 3 legs.”

Laura giggled. “I’m sure you weren’t that bad, really.”

“Oh, it would surprise you. I was all arms and legs, and terribly uncoordinated.”

He set a couple of plates and some silverware out for the two of them, then grabbed two of the large juice glasses and the orange juice. Neither of them noticed it, but as they worked together to get the meal ready, they completed the different tasks without discussing them, working as smoothly as a couple with years of experience.

They sat close to each other ate the table, always within reach of the other, and they shared frequent touches and smiles, as if their love was a treasured secret between them.

“I’d like to go for a short walk this morning, would you like to come along?” Taylor asked.

“No, I’m going to help Mother set up a room for Katherine. You go ahead, stretch your legs a bit.”

“I won’t be long,” He said, and kissed her. She watched him until he went around the corner and smiled. She knew it was due to his time as Mystic that he moved the way he did, so unconsciously sensuous.

It made her horny just to watch him walk. They had decided to wait until they were married before they had sex, but he made it so difficult! Two more days, she told herself, just two more days...

She wasn’t sure she could hold out that long. She bit her lower lip slightly, the desire for him rising in her. She closed her eyes and took a couple of deep breaths, trying to get control of herself, but loving the way she felt.

He knew how she was feeling, of course, even if he didn’t realize exactly what it was that was affecting her. Her passion excited him, and he just wanted to carry her into bed and ravish her!

She was beyond beautiful, and he knew that she loved him, but sometimes, in the back of his mind, he wondered how much of her love might be because of the spell that linked them together. He knew that he loved her so much, it made his heart ache, and he swore to himself that he would always do his best for her.

He really wasn’t sure what to think of this “were-cat” thing. Without the issue of being trapped in that form, he had to admit that he truly enjoyed his time as Mystic. How would this affect their lives, though?

His future was on his mind quite frequently lately. He would be a married man soon. It was true, he didn’t need to worry about money. He could easily provide a very comfortable living for the two of them and any children they might have. No, what concerned him was that he needed a challenge in his life, and he wanted to include Laura in whatever it was he did..

He was unsure of just what he should do now. He had been so focused on geology before all of this, but his world had become so different now, and he wasn’t sure how he fit into it. So many things were so new and, to be honest, supremely strange! He could never have dreamed the world could be so different.

Where he and Laura would settle was another concern. Finson was a comfortable place, with its own kind of relaxed atmosphere, but was it enough for him? It suddenly occurred to him that he could talk to his fiancée at any time, and he should involve her in any decision he made.

*Yes, you should! It’s about time, Taylor! I’ve been quietly listening to you for some time. I’ve got a few things you need to hear, mister, and the first one is about that idea of yours that I love you because of the spell. You listen to me, buster, and listen good. I love you with all of my heart! You are my whole world, Taylor, and I need you in my life!*

*I do understand that, my darling, and I feel the same way. I’m just so overwhelmed by you. You’re so beautiful and wonderful, it’s just a little staggering.*

*I’m flattered, love, but you need to understand how much I feel the same! You’re handsome, smart, and so sophisticated. Watching you makes my panties wet, my dear. I can’t wait to marry you and get you in the sack, I’m going to wear you out so bad!*

He shivered in anticipation. He could feel her desire, and he was just as stimulated as she was. He decided to sit down for a while, before someone saw him tenting his pant. Laura just laughed, of course.

*Oh, that’s embarrassing!*

*(giggles)*

*Well, as long as I’m just sitting here, I have a question for you.*

*Where ever you are, wherever you go.*

*I think you should let me ask the bloody question before you answer it!*

*(giggles) I’m sorry, honey, but you were thinking so loudly. In my honest opinion, I think that you’re right. Finson is a great place, but it’s too small for you. We were already planning on taking our honeymoon in England anyway, perhaps we should go with an eye towards relocating.*

*You would do that... for me? I love you, so much!*

*Oh, sweetheart, don’t you think I can feel how much you miss England? It’s a part of you, and I want to know more about that part.*

*You are wonderful, and I have every intention of spending a great deal of time very soon introducing your to several of my parts, repeatedly and in intimate detail.*

*You’re not making this any easier for me!*

*Yeah? Well I’m the one still sitting against this tree, Luv.*

*Oh, I can take care of that, baby.*

*And I can hardly wait until you do!*

*You’re naughty. No, I’ll fix this right now. Is your phone handy?*

*Yes, of course.*

*Call your Mom. She needs to know about this ‘were-cat’ business.*

*Yes, I do believe that’s done it. All right, I worry that it might put her off, but you’re right, I need to call and talk to her. I’ll be home soon.*

*All right, dear.*

He wasn’t looking forward to this conversation. He pushed his speed dial, and heard the long series of tones.

“Hello, Michaels' Residence.”

“Hello, Mother.”

“Taylor? Oh, this is a pleasant surprise. How are you feeling, Darling?”

‘That’s sort of why I’ve called, Mother. There have been some...developments.”

“Oh? Is everything all right?”

“That’s rather hard to say, as it really is dependent on you, and if you will accept me.”

“Of course I will accept you, dear, nothing in the world could ever change that.”

“I believe this falls into the realm of your employment. Yes, I’ve heard of the work you and Father do, and I have to say that I’m quite proud of you, even if I can never say anything about it.”

“Taylor, I-“

“Wait, Mum, please. I need to continue. When I was returned to human form, it seems there were a few unexpected consequences. As I understand it, the witch who transformed me was some sort of idiot-savant, and the spell she used was quite unusual. I was restored to my true form, but with a slight issue. We’ve discovered that I am a Were, Mother.”

“That’s not possible. We don’t have the genes to become Were.”

“Yes, I’ve been told that, many times. I’ve also been reliably informed by the local coven that it’s impossible for a witch to turn someone into a Were. Nonetheless, it is a fact. I am a Were-cat, Mum. I am able to return to my form as Mystic at will.”

“Jamie reported that Mystic was a female cat. Is this transformation of yours complete?”

“Yes, Mum, Mystic is female, and yes, I’ve been told that this is impossible as well.”

“It’s certainly highly improbable, but apparently not impossible. Are you otherwise healthy, darling?”

“It seems so, although there are a few other things we need to discuss. Mother, did Jamie
tell you that my fiancée is a witch?”

“Yes, and quite a beautiful and intelligent one, according to Jamie. He said she is a perfect match for you.”

Taylor smiled. Thanks, Jamie, I owe you one.

“Well she’s certainly beautiful, but she’s marrying me, so I’m not sure of her intelligence.”

*Watch it, sweetheart, I am listening.*

*Yes, I know.*

*Wait until you get home, you stinker!*

Their mental conversation happened much faster than a normal one, so Laura’s interruption went unnoticed.

His mother laughed. ”Taylor, I’m sure that her love shows her to be quite intelligent, and besides, I trust Jamie’s report.”

“The reason I bring it up is that part of the spell I was under links Laura and I together permanently. Fortunately, we happen to be quite besotted with each other, so that’s not an issue. One of the side-effects of this is that we have a permanent telepathic link between us, so in effect, Laura is a part of this conversation, as well.”

“She is? Welcome to our family, darling! Duncan and I look forward to meeting you soon!”

*Ooh, give her my thanks, please, and tell her I can’t wait to meet them!”*

“She say’s thank you, Mother, and she’s quite anxious to meet you as well. Mother, we’ve been discussing our future, and we are considering relocating to England. I’m just wondering, do you know if the Ander’s estate is still available?”

“Of course it is, dear. In this economy, no one is interested in...Oh, are you thinking of purchasing it?”

“Yes, Mum. Would you act as my agent and set things in motion? As soon as Laura’s passport is ready, we’ll be on our way there.”

“Consider it done, dear. We will see you soon, then?”

“As soon as possible, yes. We’ll probably need to stop with you for a bit, if that’s all right?”

“You have to ask? Taylor, this will always be a home to you, always.”

“Thanks, Mum. We will see you soon. We love you!”

The phone call ended, Taylor’s mother decided to make several phone calls. She hadn’t considered it before, but this information changed everything in her mind. This could be quite interesting. It certainly had created some possibilities.

up
187 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Ooooo no privacy

I am not sure how happy I am about that one.

All I can say is that both better be a a paragon of virtues else it can cause a bit of awkwardness.

Kim

They'll get used to it

There's an old saying, something like "You can get used to anything". Sure, they can't do some things (lie, cheat on one another, buy Christmas presents) but it's not a huge issue. There will be some important benefits to be seen soon!

Wren

They'll get used to it

Well if they don't get used to it could be a CATastrophe.

Thanks for the great Story.
Ken

Nah. Just a Cataclysm.

Nah. Just a Cataclysm.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

They'll be fine...

...as long as they don't get too curious... :)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Me Too!

A witch and a norm whose genetic structure has been altered...can they have kids? Would they be unseen? Here's a question I'm tossing around in my head-What if Mystic got pregnant?

Wren

Pregnancy

Given the strength of the bond between Taylor/Mystic and Laura, I somehow doubt Mystic will be in the slightest bit interested in any tom cats she encounters! However, if Laura got pregnant, the resulting child's sixteenth birthday could be interesting :)


As the right side of the brain controls the left side of the body, then only left-handers are in their right mind!

Except...

I wasn't thinking willingly. What if, at a time she could not transform, Mystic happened to be in heat? Hmmm?

Wren

A Familiar Experience

Elsbeth's picture

Enjoying the story :)

-Elsbeth

Is fearr Gaeilge briste, ná Béarla clíste.

Broken Irish is better than clever English.

I'm suspicious

of his mother. It seems from history that they haven't exactly been attentive parents, and the last couple of lines makes it sound that she's seeing him as an opportunity to be used in her line of work.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Hey, no spoilers!

Whoops. Not saying anymore. Read Chapter 6.

Wren

I can't!

You won't post it!


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

Silverware?

I don't know if this was intentional but I noticed you said they were laying the table with silverware, if he's a werehow could he do this without noticing his body's averion to silver?

Silverware is a generic term

Silverware is a generic term for eating utensils.

Most of the time it's now stainless steel.


I'll get a life when it's proven and substantiated to be better than what I'm currently experiencing.

I've never even SEEN Silver Silverware!

I guess I shoulda pointed out that I'm poor! I have no reference like that, but you bring up a good point-Taylor's family has money, and I never thought about that...and it's i0mportant. Thank you!

Wren

Silverware? Good Question

When I was growing up we had Silverware - had the family crest and was Sterling. it was only used for special occassions and I was always the one who had to clean it before and after before storing it again in the special chest and pouches which protected it from tarnish. Pain in the you know where.

We also had tableware which was used for our everyday occasions.... like breakfast, lunch, and supper. This was a Stainless Steel and had patterns on it which I suppose was to make it seem like Silverware for the user. Didn't even come close. I prefered the Stainless over the Silverware for obvious reasons.... I didn't have to clean it and it was dishwasher safe. yea!

Then we also had Flatware which was used during something like a picnic. Again this was a poorer quality of Stainless Steel, no ornamentation or designs and.... bendable if you tried to cut or push too hard at something. It was much like the better quality plastic forks, knives and spoons we have for general throwaway use today. I never did understand why we used it but it was nearly twenty years before Mom allowed us to move on to plastic for the picnics or outdoor things. Even then if guests came over we switched right back to the Stainless, so again I don't understand why the flatware.

As you can obviously guess, I didn't come from a wealthy family but we lived in an area (on the fringe) which was considered wealthy and had a LOT of friends who were (indirectly, like the Reagans - although we didn't hob-nob with them much - they were 'way out of our league') wealthy. I guess we were doing okay. The schools we went to were not a part of the city school system (until much later). I guess that's the reason we had people teaching at our high school who held doctorates in their chosen field. We were challenged constantly to improve scholastically.

I resisted that moderately successfully. Had to be careful or I would forget myself and excel. That just seemed to get me into trouble with the other kids.

Sorry, didn't intend to diverge from the main topic.

Silverware has a high percentage of silver so yes it should have been a problem. But as has been noted, "Silverware" in this case probably means Stainless Steel which has no silver content and could be used without difficulty. Another possibility is that he is NOT a true Were but a product of the magic. That could mean he could still 'shapeshift' between the two but in the human shape, and possibly the cat shape as well, he would not be affected by silver. He would seem to be a Were, but it would not be genetic thus no adversion to silver. More or less.

Anesidora

Great story... I really like

Great story...
I really like this so far. Taylor's family seems to be ok with the changes and he and Laura are hopelessly in love... This seems pretty much finished now, but I guess that maybe the story will continue in england...

Thank you for writing this captivating story,
Beyogi

I like it!

Another chapter well done. Can't wait to see what else is in store for the lovebirds.

Peace be with you and Blessed be