Rock and Roll from over the road.

Printer-friendly version

Les Dawson
If you remember Les Dawson and this character then you might understand this.

Oh Ada, have you seen the new girl at number 32?

Not sure what you mean.

Number 32 where those two blokes live, Marcus and Dan, you know who I mean.

Oh yes, nice people the skinny one could do with a few pies in his diet though.

Oh I know what you mean, no meat on him is there.

Well go on what have you seen?

Well (looks both ways to see if anyone is listening) you know how I said I thought they were (whispers) homo-sex-ual.

Gay you mean. You said you saw them being far too friendly in a hug the other day.

Well I think I was wrong.

How’s that?

Well I have seen a woman coming and going with the big one, Marcus I think he is called.

You mean a girlfriend?

Oh most definitely one of them, and not just holding hands, they were in The Crown last week and I had to look away, kissing in public.

No!

Yes, never let my Harold do anything like that.

I should think not, that is for indoors.

And you should see some of those skirts she wears, see her knickers virtually.

Best not let your Harold see that, be wanting to see yours next.

Not unless he is feeling brave.

So he’s not gay then.

Who said he was gay, seems happy enough to me.

And have you seen the thin one?

Sometimes, only see him going to work and coming back.

And the girl?

She must spend all day inside, only goes out of an evening and weekends, that house must be spotless what with two men in there making a mess.

Well I never, another sherry Ada?

Yes please, make it a large one this time.

up
84 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Funny.

As I recall Les was quite a good pianist although like Eric Morecambe, he played all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order :) A very funny man.

There's quite a few British comedians who played women of a certain age. Norman Evans, Mrs Shufflewick aka Rex Jamieson etc. In fact Rex was so good many people (including me) assumed he was a middle aged female comedienne. I always remember his/her comment that she was broad-minded to the point of obscenity. They were totally different from the mostly US tradition of glamorous Drag Queens and dressed exactly like the women I saw shopping regularly in my home town in the 1950s and only slightly exaggerated their speech and mannerisms.

Robi

Alice

For those who have read my stories, the 'lady' in the right of my picture is EXACTLY the image of how I see her!

Three stooges

Sorry but when I saw the image it reminded me of the three stooges minus Curly and Shemp.

LOL this is funny. Two nosy bodies talking about others.

The picture reminds me of Moe and Curly minus Larry. Oh well, this story made me laugh. Thank you for the smile.

"With confidence and forbearance, we will have the strength to move forward."

Love & hugs,
Barbara

"If I have to be this girl in me, Then I have the right to be."