Belle of the ball 2

Printer-friendly version

I can't believe I'm doing this.

After Friday's performance I had asked Kim to remove the forms and hair things. She just looked at me funny and asked me why since I was gonna wear them again anyways. Seems nobody told me that the play was on for four days. Two shows on Saturday, two on Sunday and a final one tonight.

Sleeping with boobs is ...not fun. If I wasn't exhausted I would probably have had insomnia by now. Saturday's showing was if anything more popular than Friday's. Mr. Sams the production manager/director/school teacher from drama department made sure to get me to sing the ballroom scene just like Friday's accident.

Some idiot on Friday soaked the machine with cola and it blew a breaker killing the sound system. Our band has had to rush to learn all the pieces for the production instead of just a few. One of the stage girls said it was my fault for being so drop dead beautiful. I laughed and told her no guy would even like a guy like me dressed like a girl. When I look in the mirror I sure as heck don't see a girl.

Still I was kinda proud of the way I have done most of the shows. I did miss a few lines on Friday after that idiot kissed me. Oh that, well you see the final part of the play has me being seen kissing, or so the audience was to believe, our lead prince/beast Jason. Don't get me wrong he isn't ugly or anything I just don't swing that way. My sister is kinda crushing on him big time though.

Anyways he was to grab me for the final kiss and the curtain was to close on us prepping for the final scene of marriage and how the kingdom released from curse and all that where Belle says a few words here and there. Then we all take a bow and that's it. Well the curtain didn't close and I got kissed. Deeply kissed by that that... asshole!

I mean really what did he ... Grrr! It still pisses me off! I spent a fair amount of time and toothpaste that night at home washing out my mouth.

Jason of course grinned like an idiot at me the whole time while I was struggling to not deck him. Mr. Sams wanted us to repeat it. I literally put my foot down, and through the floor. Weak plywood, got my point across though. I may sorta look like Belle but I'm not, I'm a guy and damn proud of it!

My sister got to see our performance from the news Saturday night. Apparently someone sneaked in a really good video recorder so I was displayed being Belle for everyone who watched the local news to see. Samantha is tickled pink at having a famous sister. The worst part for me is that the dolt on TV reported that I ... well you see.. Oh hell his exact words were." What really makes this performance so unusual is that Belle is really played by Belle Thorn a young transsexual who has hastened her transition from Bill, her birth name to the lovely young lady she is all to help her older sister Samantha Thorn. Samantha Thorn was injured..."

Me a transsexual, like get serious! No way do I want to lose any part of my maleness no way no how I'd kill myself first. I remember looking to mom and seeing her face bone white while dad was laughing his head off. Actually he wasn't entirely laughing as he was crying at the same time. He eventually stopped got up and left the house. I saw him the next morning with a very bad hangover hugging the toilet. He never made it to church.

I should mention that Sunday church was not a good time for me. With what happened in the news and such I made sure to dress as much like a boy as possible. Mom said I looked like a girl in her brothers clothing and made me change into something more androgynous. I wore my sister’s slacks that zipped in the back, her flat black shoes, and a white sleeveless sweater. Okay so not that androgynous but it was as close as my sisters wardrobe would allow. My clothes tended to the baggy grudge look or my one good suit. I had tried the suit at first it didn't work. I flatly refused to put on a dress or skirt.

I want to say that at the church we go to there is something of a dress code. All women, and girls, wear dresses as a rule. Men can get away with golf shirts and dress pants but most wear a nice suit. So into this mix walks little ole me the supposed transsexual. I'm male so I should wear pants but the looks we got were deadly to say the least. After the service was the usual reception out back where mom tried valiantly to explain the mistake on the news, the minister's wife actually took me aside at one point to a group of older ladies.

Now this is something I have never encountered before and gods help me never want to encounter again. The group of older ladies, along with the minister's wife, grilled me alive. I was told in no uncertain terms that as a woman I was expected to arrive next weekend dressed appropriately as a proper young lady in a suitable dress. Actually not just suitable but, "a proper white virgin dress of a young lady for confirmation." In other words, one of those lacy things with the lace gloves and all that, so I could be reconfirmed as a daughter of the church.

Of course I apologized and politely agreed to their terms. Not! I told them they were all bugging nuts! I was only doing this as part of a play to help out my sister. I ended up screaming out loud, loudly enough for everyone to hear, that I was not and would not be a girl, I was a guy. I may have put in some light cuss words. This earned me a trip outside by my ears. Both of them, Old ladies are really not the best people to piss off. I was made to wait standing in front of the statue of the Virgin Mary till my mom was allowed to come rescue me.

When she did she was visibly upset. I somehow don't think we will be going back to that church anytime soon. After church we did go to visit my sister in the hospital. Word had gotten back to her of what had happened in the church. She was vastly amused! However it was just my luck that some little girl in a wheelchair insisted on seeing me. It was obvious that she was in pain and with the bald head not quite covered by some wig she was still overjoyed to see Belle. I'm not that much of a bad guy really and soon found myself in the children's wing singing that song to the girls. I actually cried at how happy they were. It was a very touching moment and my little acting skit along with my singing was all it took to brighten these poor little girls from their gloom.

Heck even Mom and my Sister, who is now almost ready to leave the hospital as she can get around in a wheelchair, were openly weeping. My sister is not in shape to do a duet with me yet but maybe by next weekend she will be.

That afternoon the play was not as popular as it was Saturday. Don't get me wrong there was lots of people there it’s just that my stunt in the church had toned down a fair amount of people's attitudes towards me. There was also the disturbing part of the other half believing I was a young trans-woman transitioning.

Last night at 6 pm before the 7 pm showing however the news was on and once again I made a splash. "Although she is still in denial and scared to show her true colors in church yet. Young Belle made a huge difference at the hospital wing today as she sang beautifully to the children. For some of these children it may be their last happy memory and to this we give our thanks. Thank you Belle for being a Princess to my Daughter."

Dad had another bad hangover this morning and Mom put some blankets over him by the toilet. Thankfully we have three bathrooms. Mom said she and dad, when he was functional, would go to the solicitor’s office to see about any legal repercussions. I am of mixed thoughts. While the news guy was jumping the gun calling me a transsexual my heart still goes out to him and his sick daughter. I think Mom feels the same way but he still is making my life more than a bit difficult.

Today I'm still in the corset, for the very last day although its loose but I'm not gonna tell mom that, and will be free of "Belle" tonight. Mom came in with me to the office to explain the situation to the school but we got a bit of a surprise when we were told that the roster already had my name as Belle. It kinda stopped us both when the Principle asked us to bring in a doctors letter stating my need to transition and a formal declaration of gender identity disorder along with any legal information regarding such. I was told to use the unisex washrooms or staff washrooms to avoid problems. While this is good it does cause yet another problem. I'm not a transsexual and will not have such a letter. I tried to explain it was for the play but apparently even the Superintendent had seen the news.

I should mention I'm in jeans and a hoodie. No it’s not my sisters although I'm wearing her bra the rest is mine. It just sorta looks like a girl is all. So far today many of the girls have been surprisingly very friendly. That is a good thing for me and a bad thing. My little guy has been standing at attention a lot today. Unfortunately though, the guys are a different story. I'm being viewed as meat. Some have made it known to me in no uncertain terms that they .... Well freak was one of the nicest words they mentioned, so I was dead meat. The others are undressing me with their eyes which creeps me out majorly.

The things I do for my sister! Going into a cafeteria looking and apparently being more than accepted by some, as a girl. In eight hours Belle will make her last appearance and I go back to being Bill. I can't wait!

Comments please.

up
346 users have voted.
If you liked this post, you can leave a comment and/or a kudos! Click the "Thumbs Up!" button above to leave a Kudos

Comments

Aww poor Bill, no one seems

Aww poor Bill, no one seems to believe he doesn't want to be a girl, besides his family...

Thank you for this very cute story, I do hope everything will work out for him (or her if he really is in denial :p).

grtz & hugs,

Sarah xxx

Now they are

Now they are harassed to put people in a minute club as they continuously tour transversely the country.War Horse Is A Big Show That's the chance of most musicians that really ever have a occupation in the music commerce.

"I (will) go back to being Bill."

"In eight hours, Belle will make her last appearance and I go back to being Bill. I can't wait!"

Why do I think that it wont be as easy as he thinks to put Belle behind him?

DogSig.png

Belle of the ball 2

I agree with Bill's parents suing the T.V. dolt and the station for causing Bill so much grief. BOTH are guilty of assuming things and NOT verifying the facts. As for Jason, Samantha Thorn should dump him.

    Stanman
May Your Light Forever Shine

Idiots

Does everybody believe what they see on TV?

People can't all be that stupid?

Don't answer that.

Kim

old saying

I forget where its from but.

"A person is smart people are stupid."

WTH?

I don't find the stampede of assumptions plausible. The news report might have initially gotten it wrong, though it's odd they would have run with that without a credible source. But to then accuse him of being in denial about it after he makes clear he's not in transition nor planning it? That's just all kinds of messed up. And the school updated records? No. I know the arc of such stories, but it sounds like Bill is pretty clear on his sex, and I'd like to see him keep it if that's what he wants.

I think

Bill's personal comments and reactions are hilarious. This is just one error leading to another for the poor kid.

Maggie

gush

Coming from you that means alot thanks Maggie

Bill's actions seem to betray his protests....

Bill's trying to maintain his boy status while helping his sister and the children at the hospital, but is failing miserably. Even his looks betray him. I think Belle's going to be around a lot longer than he cares to admit. It's allmost as though he/she wants the attention, but can't or won't admit to it. Nice chapter Tels! More please? Here's some popcorn for your effort. (Hugs) TAARPA

Yeah

POPCORN!!! Munch munch munch...stops looks at popcorn..

"Is this fat free popcorn?"

The good stuff

And it is completely calorie free, so you might as well get a jumbo tub with hot real butter.

I strongly disagree!

Jezzi Stewart's picture

"It's allmost as though he/she wants the attention, but can't or won't admit to it"

The only point at which he didn't play Belle out of a sense of duty and just did it gladly was for the chidren cancer victims. I don't see how there's any reason do doubt that he's being truthful when he protests that he's just playing a role. Personally, I would hope that he does come to enjoy being a girl for its own sake, but given what's been written so far, I find it hard to believe that that will happen. What I fear is that because he does such a good job of playing the part, outside pressures will make it harder and harder for him to return to being Bill (the hospital pleading for "Belle" to make repeat/regular visits, for example) and he will end up as a boy trapped in a girls body out of undeserved guilt, resignation, etc.. That means years of unhappiness and therapy ahead and will only prove that nice guys do finish last.

BE a lady!

No Tels....

Its kettle popcorn. Probably very fattening! LOL! Taarpa

tels, how about Chicago Mix: white, cheese and caramel pop corn

Often sold in big tins at Christmas time. Tasty and loooots of calories'

For the moment I am giving tels license as this is a piece of FICTION and a comedy of errors.

Thus the hell for leather pacing of his problems is fine.

But at some point he will need an aggressive and top notch lawyer to sue the asses off the TV reporter and station, the school board, the principle and anybody else who assumed they know what he wants. If I was him I'd NEVER go back to THAT church.

As this is fiction it is not that difficult to imagine him railroaded by people thinking *they know best* and he'll wake up in a drugged haze in some Mexican clinic having been a drug induced coma for six months while they gave HER perky D cups, facial and full body feminization/sculpting surgery and complete SRS!

A few here have hope he will accept his feminine side BUT HE has self identified himself as male ...period, full stop! Why should we force our perceptions on him?

That is in part the value of farce, of dark comedy, to illuminate by exaggeration the failings of society.

I tell you one thing, his sister, the director of the play and the girls at school owe him bigtime as does the jerk playing the Beast,
He's lucky our hero didn't bite his vile tongue in two and knee him forcefully in the balls!

Funny stuff with just enough crazy logic in it to be considered a horror story ... depending on the eventual outcome.

John in Wauwatosa

John in Wauwatosa

I was wrong.

WillowD's picture

In my comment after the first chapter I talked about how wonderful it feels to come across an awesome story on BCTS for the first time. I thought I hadn't read this story before. I have. Fortunately, I barely remember it so I will get to read it again almost as if I am reading it for the first time. Yay!